Wer nutzt diese Software?
Sifter aims to serve teams that have traditionally had a difficult time getting all team members to participate in issue tracking by providing a simple and friendly interface for bug tracking.
Durchschnittliche Bewertung18 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 5 / 5
- Kundenservice 5 / 5
- Funktionen 5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4.5 / 5
- Startpreis 29,00 $/Monat
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Ja
Cloud, SaaS, Web
24/7 (Live Vertreter)
Support während der Geschäftszeiten
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Gegründet 2008
- Wiederkehrende Probleme
- Überprüfung von Vorfällen
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Sifter
Bewertet am 27.8.2012
Amazing support, great features and less is more
Kommentare: Try it out! I've used MantisBT, Flyspray and Fogbugz before Sifter, Sifter wins because of simplicity. It's so easy to get an issue in that you always will do it and there is no excuse in not getting a issue in! The lack of custom fields will be a great win when you have a team that trusts each other in filling in enough details to help itself out. Try it and see if it works for you! Don't hesitate to contact the creator himself, the support is always quick and nice. :)
One of the strongest points of Sifter is the simplicity and ease of use of the product. Compared to other issuetrackers and bugsystems you have almost no buttons, fields and things to configure. That's great, because it makes it extremely fast to do things and makes sure everybody puts everything is into Sifter.
+ Quick and on the spot support (80% of the time within 2 hours, 100% of the time within 24 hours out of about 25 contact moments)
+ Almost no learning curve
+ Milestones and categories give great flexibility in ordering issues in a project
+ Data export possible
+ Simple issue statuses make things simple
+ Great for small teams and teams that grow somewhat larger
+ Beanstalk integration!
- No write API! To bad, there is no write API yet, so no cool useful 3rd party apps. :(
- No code in issues possible, you can't type HTML in a issue and code snippets don't format. Good to protect you from typing large parts of code, bad if you need to share a error message or small snippet quickly.
- Sifter gets quite regular updates and sometimes this changes the interface quite a bit, prepare to adjust and stay flexible when an update rolls out and learn to live with is
- Not the cheapest option. You have to pay some money for the service, there are cheaper alternatives with more features, but please do give Sifter a try and think about if it's earning you more then it costs
Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Tried and True Bug Tracking Software
Kommentare: I've used Sifter for the last 6 years. We'll sometimes explore other options, but always come back to Sifter because of its ease-of-use and simplicity for both the person logging the issue as well as the person resolving the issue. Every time an update is made to the issue, the relevant individuals are notified via email. If you want to issue a call-out to someone, you include their name with the @ symbol in the message, and they also get notified. Enter a subject and a description when you log the issue, and Sifter takes care of the rest. I also like that Sifter host the software--it doesn't require a server installation maintained by me.
Nachteile: Not a whole lot of changes to the product over the years. The home page has the same image that has been there forever.