Valant Behavioral Health EHR
von Valant Medical Solutions4 / 5 139 Bewertungen
Wer nutzt diese Software?
Behavioral healthcare professionals
Durchschnittliche Bewertung139 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4 / 5
- Kundenservice 4 / 5
- Funktionen 3.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 3.5 / 5
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Nein
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Support während der Geschäftszeiten
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Valant Medical Solutions
- Gegründet 2005
Über Valant Behavioral Health EHR
Valant's integrated EHR and practice management suite empowers behavioral health professionals with the tools they need to improve patient care and increase revenue. Our easy to use, cloud-based, software-as-a-service solution helps organizations track patient progress from start to finish with our treatment planning tools and quantifiable clinical outcome assessments. The integrated practice management suite enables revenue tracking and reporting while decreasing data input and errors.
Valant Behavioral Health EHR Funktionen
- EMR / EHR (elektronische / medizinische Gesundheitsberichte)
- Elektronische Rezepte
- Medizinische Abrechnung
- Self-Service Portal
- Stationärer / Haus-Patient
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Valant Behavioral Health EHR
Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Kommentare: My experience had been initially positive. However, the lack of facile customer service or upgrades has been disappointing. There are now other EHRs that are very competitively priced and allow for forms to be developed, and provide more ready access to customer service. My greatest concern is the fact that once the contract ends, all records are out of access. I had been exploring alternative options, but discovered that I would not be able to contract with Valant for less than a year of service. This meant that I had to choose - would I be without access to my files at all, or would I pay for a year of service. There was no negotiation and no options were made possible. I am now very concerned about what happens to records when I retire. I had been pleased that there would be a secure repository for my patient records (I have had a Valant account for 6 years and was an early adopter for a small practice). I find that I am now going to be VERY aggressive in finding and preparing for a migration a year from now to prevent the need to continue to be essentially held hostage as I feel currently. This situation is both unfortunate and unnecessary. It is frankly not the cost of the EHR that will cause me to move on, but the lack of concern for my needs or the needs of the patients I treat. I had honestly not expected this. I live in Seattle, work locally and had wanted to support a local start-up. I had anticipated a very different experience.
Vorteile: The positives of this software includes the standardized assessments and the inclusion of the necessary elements for both assurance that liability standards are met and billing standards are complete. I also like that the charts and e-prescribing can be accessed on my mobile phone.
1. Customer service is far less than one would expect given the cost of this program. Lack of ability to actually talk with a customer service person directly, rather than rely on emails that are really not responsive to the questions posed.
2. Lack of user friendliness to operate the patient portals.
3. Once an active contract ends, the data that I had anticipated would be in secure storage, is no longer accessible to me in any way without having paid Valant for assistance to migrate it. This is quite different from what initial marketing had described. It means that once the contract ends - for example retirement, that files may not be accessible unless additional measures are taken. This means that the lifetime data storage is really not very meaningful or helpful over time.
Antwort des Softwareanbieters
von Valant Medical Solutions an 20.6.2019
Thank you for your feedback. We read all these reviews and take your feedback seriously. Here's some clarification about your concerns.
1. Valant phone support is available to all our customers M-F 6:00am-5:00pm PT and we have recently added additional support agents to decrease wait times.
2. Major enhancements to our patient portal are coming in the second half of 2019.
3. When a contract ends customers can export their data using tools built into the EHR or with the help of our support team. Valant returns data to our customers at their request at the end of a contract and does not charge for this service.
Bewertet am 19.10.2017
Good, but with a few stupid annoying issues
Kommentare: Tech support people are nice, but when there is a system-wide issue, they do not answer the phones. They have been unable to solve the repeated crashing of Silverlight and the issue with not accepting diagnoses when entered in mobile notes.
I like that it is just for psychiatry and I like mobile notes. I like having integrated prescribing, billing, and credit card processing, electronic EOB's from payers. I like that there is an app for my iPad and iPhone so I can take a quick look at notes and write prescriptions.
I like the reminders that the system gives, the ease of scheduling appointments and entering payments.
With an electronic EOB, you just hit a button and all the payments and adjustments are recorded automatically.
Beware that the integrated insurance clearing house adds more to the monthly fee you pay.
I have been using this for 10 months. There are recurring problems that no one can seem to solve. When I entered nonclinical patient information in the "patients" tab and hit save, Microsoft internet explorer would crash, but not every time. I made repeated calls to tech support and their solution was to change browsers to Firefox. I have done so, but still have the same issue except the message on my computer is that the Silverlight plug-in has crashed. This happens several times per day.
In mobile notes, there is no functionality of the tab button (for indentation) when I am trying to write a note and this annoys me to no end.
The system has crashed several times in the past 10 months, never for more than a few hours, but enough to disrupt my workflow. I had to write a few paper prescriptions when the mobile notes and e-Prescribing crashed the other day.
The patient's diagnoses can be entered using mobile notes, but then, I have to open the patient chart and reenter them or else when I go to bill, it says there is no visit diagnosis. I have asked about this multiple times.
Navicure, the integrated insurance clearinghouse just raised their rates.
Bewertet am 7.11.2016
Valant Behavioral Health
Kommentare: I have been using Valant EHR for Behavioral health for approximately 11 months now. I struggled with this company at first as is typical in my experience with the sales staff wanting to hurry up and close the sale. I was left with a few questions hanging. I use an ipad, iphone and Macbook pro. As you can see, I am exclusively and apple user. This made the difference for me. There was one EHR that really had most of what I wanted, minus the apple support. It was PIMSY. I have probably tried 20 EHR types, ranging from FREE to paid. This one iis monthly for one provider. I do not like the fact that they want to charge monthly for a login for my assiantant. Again I am a solo practitioner, so every little bit does count. I DO like the fact that an intake/Psychiatrist Diagnostic Evaluation is already preloaded with screeners, automatic scoring and auto generated reports that you can modify!! I do NOT like their Treatment Plan Template. Definitely something that they need to work on. HOWEVER, they seem to be making changes based upon the feedback that I and others have left. So that is good to know.
Vorteile: I absolutely appreciate the intake information is so well implemented. I can capture just about everything with minimal typing. I also appreciate the fact that there are so many screening tools that AUTOMATICALLY give the results. I can customize those results as well. Very good job on this part!
Nachteile: I really do not like the Treatment Plan Template. It is not intuitive or very well prepopulated for convenience. It seems to take longer than hand writing one. HOWEVER there was a recent update that has addresses some of my concernes. I have not had much of an opportunity to check this out. I do not like the fact that it is so difficult to upload documents if you are using a mobile device such as an ipad/iphone. A photo screen capture would be great!
Bewertet am 19.9.2019
One stop shopping
Kommentare: See above.
Vorteile: I run a solo psychiatry practice and Valant allows me to do everything from registering and scheduling patients, to keeping records and prescribing, sending claim to insurance companies, applying payment from insurance companies and bill patients. I have always four customer support to be terrific. Some time it tae a few minute to get to the right person, but they go out of their way to answer questions. It is like any EHR--it feels difficult to use. Perhaps it is because Valant offers so many features (many I am sure I have yet to discover) it may complicate the learning process. But, with practice you get it down quickly. If you work with your initial 1:1 support, do the homework, and practice on the dummy patients, you will learn it quickly.
Nachteile: I wish it could interact with a kiosk where patients input information. I still have to add the demographic and insurance information and I have a scanner for insurance cards/drivers' licenses that are stored in separate software. It would even be helpful if you could scan this information directly into the patient's record.
Bewertet am 18.8.2017
After much product testing...Valant wins!
Kommentare: I have tested may EHR's and Valant is the one I chose after about 3 years of demo's and research. Some EHR's that I have reviewed: Kareo, Practice Fusion, TheraNest, PIMSY, ICANotes, drcrono, Theramanager, and iSALUS. My office is a single provider, nonprofit. I am able to type notes in during a session and sign at the end of the session with ease. If I'm providing in home care, Apple's Siri works great for dictation and integrates seamlessly.
1. Valant offers as part of the intake note, numerous assessments that are automatically scored!
2. Customizable for how you would like to view buttons.
3. Group Notes automatically carry over from the first note in the general section, VERY helpful!
4. Prepopulated from the last note, so you do not need to go back to review.
5. Customer service is amazing. Follow up email or phone questions are quickly answered without constant need for follow up.
6. Cloud based.
7. 100% compatible with Mac, iPad, iPhone & Windows.
1. The treatment plan is clunky. I have worked around this by utilizing the prepopulated section of the PLAN tab to be where I put the treatment plan and updates each time. This work-around works beautiful for me.
2. There is no built in telehealth at this time. I am assured that this is something that is being looked into.
3. Billing is not fully integrated and requires a subscription to an outside provider.