Durchschnittliche Bewertung71 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 3.5 / 5
- Kundenservice 4 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4 / 5
- Startpreis $1/einmalig
- Kostenlose Testversion Nein
Installiert - Windows
24/7 (Live Vertreter)
Support während der Geschäftszeiten
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Gegründet 1975
Über System Center
Integrierte Verwaltungsplattform, mit der du deine Rechenzentren, Clientgeräte und hybriden Cloud-IT-Umgebungen effizient verwalten kannst.
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für System Center
Bewertet am 13.6.2018
It is a fantastic and incredible tool for the administration of computers and servers
- It can be unified with Active Directory and DHCP to locate any computer that is connected to the network.
- You can deploy Windows desktop and Windows server updates automatically or manually.
- You can implement any application or shortcut.
- Most impressive is the ease with which you can implement operating systems through the network.
- When you deploy an application, update or operating system, you can easily see the progress of the implementation.
- Has a wide range of created reports.
- Can generate Querys according to the need of the company.
- SCCM has its own remote connection system that provides great help at the time of remote technical support.
- You can set up an "SCCM server" or a "distribution point" in each location you need to avoid bandwidth consumption.
- It has a great security to establish the differences between the roles of the different areas of the company that require the use of the tool.
- You can use the LOG as they are very useful.
- Microsoft System Center is a very expensive tool
- It requires many pre requisites for the installation of the SCCM in a server.
- The set-up requires many hours of work so that SCCM is 100% configured
- The creation of additional reports is very complicated.
- Generating Querys in SCCM does not have much documentation and is really difficult.
- You really need to do a course to be able to use the tool.
- Many errors of the tool are basic and do not show details.
- It is complicated to verify the installation of Windows updates.
Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Microsoft's complete package for Imaging, patching, app deployments, upgrades & more.
I feel that being a Microsoft product it is easier to integrate and maintain.
It is a complete package for maintaining OS, patching, security, apps, and images. Server and Workstations.
We have had few issues since setup. and I would recommend this even with a few drawbacks.
We primary utilize this for Imaging (Win7 and 10), Patch deployments, Win10 Upgrade, App packaging and deployments. We previously used CA and RES AM so I have a lot of experience with these platforms.
1) Happy with the overall performance. Once SCCM is fully setup, it more a matter of maintenance.
2) App Packaging and deployment works well. Especially if you combine with the MS Powershell add-in. It does lack a few features Id really like to see. Some of these can also be found by finding useful 3rd party add-ins.
3) Reporting can be very thorough. The canned reports cover all the basics Ive needed. If you really want to dig in you can make your own reports.
4) Patching is straightforward. Since this is a MS product to MS OS there are no compatibility issues. Plus the SCUP product also from MS is still viable for 3rd party security updates from companies like Adobe. Comes in handy to deploy the latest Flash as an update, with the rest of the monthly updates.
My main complaint is SCCM is slow. This is well known and unlikely to ever change.
For example, MY second compliant is there are certain features and hooks that still are not in the product over its many years of life. For example you simply cannot stop or delete a job from the [deployment] list. You need to trace back to the app group, patch group, and/or collection, then find and delete the deployment. Lastly, I do have to say Im not fond of MS Cust Service on this. We have had some big issues and the resolution was slow to get to. Example, a situation where the Win10 Upgrades feature was broken, eventually there was a general bulletin, and their own Tech Support failed to notify us of this before that. Took 6 weeks to resolve.