von Amazon Web Services
Durchschnittliche Bewertung92 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4.5 / 5
- Kundenservice 4.5 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4.5 / 5
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Ja
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Amazon Web Services
Über Amazon RDS
Amazon Relational Database Service vereinfacht die Skalierung und Verwaltung einer relationalen Datenbank. Er unterstützt sechs Arten von Datenbankmaschinen.
Amazon RDS Funktionen
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Amazon RDS
Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Best managed relational database service in the market!
Kommentare: Choosing RDS was the best strategic decision we made. We saved a lot of time to focus on our company's growth instead of dealing with operations.
Vorteile: We have been using AWS RDS with MySQL since 2015. It is the best option we encountered in the market to set up, operate and scale a relational database in the cloud. Management Console is really easy to use. You can create, restore and scale any size of database in a matter of minutes. You should however be familiar with the technical term AWS uses. Be careful when you choose between General Purpose and Provisioned IOPS types. Multi-AZ feature is a life saver if you have a database that cannot tolerate any downtime. Point in time recovery saved us a lot. Also RDS takes automatic backups regularly. You should also try Amazon Aurora which is an engine compatible with MySQL and PostgreSQL. AWS built Aurora for itself and the underlying technology is mind blowing.
Nachteile: You should be careful with the price of Amazon RDS and keep an eye on CloudWatch and Trusted Advisor. It gets expensive depending on usage but still it is worth not to struggle with operational problems.
Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Setting up a "serversless" database environment inminutes
Kommentare: Since we start using RDS it saves us a lot of time. You can start with a small instance and very easily grow to a larger instance and a multi AZ (High available) setup. No need to worry about disk space anymore for backups or snapshots. Amazon doesn't run out of space. You can setup automated backup with a retention of 35 days max but if you need to keep backups longer you can create manual snapshots and keep them forever.
- Very easy to setup
- Creating database environments including HA in minutes
- Creating a HA environment without having to know anything about database replication
- Upgrading the DB engine with a click of a mouse
- Very ease to create backups (and setup automated snapshots)
- Easy to restore
- Can be managed via the weg GUI but also via the very powerful AWS CLI
- No need to manage an Operating system
- Changing instanced types if you need more or less CPU/memory.
- Dynamically change the storage
- Performance is very good
- On Aurora the disk spaces grows automatically when the database grows. But when deleting lots of data its not possible to shrink the file system.
- No root access to server (which we never missed since using RDS)