Durchschnittliche Bewertung26 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4.5 / 5
- Kundenservice 4 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 5 / 5
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Audit Trail (Prüfpfad)
- Backup und Recovery
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für FreeFileSync
Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Best File Synchronization Program Bar None
For those who do not know what FreeFileSync can do for you, let me sum it up for you: it's a program that allows the user to manages folder synchronization jobs. RAID configurations and cloud storage solutions have their place, but they cannot solve many of the problems that this program can.
- How do you make external hard drive backups efficiently? The external hard drive naturally exists outside of a RAID configuration and a cloud storage sync folder and it could be very difficult and time-consuming to do the backup manually.
FreeFileSync can solve this problem - Suppose that you regularly receive a data dump via an FTP. How do you efficiently determine which files are new compared to the last data dump that you kept? You could manually compare file times between your files and the files of the new data dump, but you can lose a lot of time doing so.
FreeFileSync can solve this problem - How do you synchronize folders of two or more cloud storage solutions in real time? I don't know of any cloud storage giving you that option and a RAID configuration is possible, I suppose, if you give each cloud storage a partition (i.e. Partition_1 for OneDrive and Partition_2 for Dropbox). The problem with the RAID configuration is that it would make your computer environment a little complicated and you won't have the option of synchronizing select folders. I use FreeFileSync to solve all the problems mentioned above. I've had a great experience with this program so far.
- Open Source so it's open for independent audits
- Regularly updated and incredibly well-developed
- You have many options in terms of which comparison method you want to use to compare the files and which type of synchronization you prefer (mirroring, duplicate, update-only)
- You can see when it was the last time you ran a particular sync job and you can customize the location of where the synchronization log files are kept at (can be useful for record keeping and audits)
- You can choose to sync folders in real time and choose to have the real time sync program run at startup
- It's never failed to deliver
- Maybe if it had an option of encrypting on backup, I guess that would be cool
- I did look to see if there was an option of verifying successful synchronization with checksums like SHA-256, but after reading their article on the CopyFile function, I saw that it was nearly pointless to do so. Instead, I put my trust in the program and I make sure that my computer hardware is running smoothly (i.e. no bad hard drive sectors) and that there is no malware present.
Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Superb value-for-money file synchronization software for small businesses!
Kommentare: It automates a lot of mundane effort to keep a perfect backup of my important files. Without it, I would have to open up a file manager with dual windows, and manually inspect files on both sides to determine which files to backup/delete in order to keep a mirror image. FreeFileSync helps me to perform this task in seconds! Now, I am able to keep a mirror image of my important files inside an external hard drive which I keep with me at all times. In the event of an emergency which incapitates my main computer system, I would be able to continue my business using another computer with literally no downtime because I have a perfectly sync mirror image of all my important files.
Vorteile: We all know it is important to keep multiple backups of our computer systems but for many small businesses, the owner may not know how due to lack of knowledge and/or cost consideration. Ever since I discovered about this software, I am full of praises for it. Being free (donations welcomed), you cannot complain about the price. It supports Windows, Mac and Linux systems so another big plus there for any business. What I like most about it is that it has advanced features which will meet most if not all of the needs of even the most demanding user. You can set it to sync files meeting certain criteria (e.g. only those with .DOC extensions); you can then specify whether to do a mirror sync (one-way) or a full-time sync (two-way); you can set it to perform the task at a preset time or in real-time (though I haven't tried this yet). Now, you really have no excuse not to make a backup of your system!
Nachteile: Being open-source software, there is no dedicated telephone support. And for the novice, setting it up right at the beginning can be intimidating. But trust me, once set up, file sync becomes a breeze and no-brainer. Other than this, I really have no complaints about the software. It is also regularly updated approximately once a month.