von Closing Folders4.7 / 5 59 Bewertungen
Wer nutzt diese Software?
Closing Folders is used by transactional lawyers at law firms of all sizes. We service a wide range of practice groups including corporate, securities, banking, M&A, real estate and tax.
Durchschnittliche Bewertung59 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.7 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4.7 / 5
- Kundenservice 4.8 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4.7 / 5
- Startpreis 1.000,00 $/Monat
- Preisinformationen Hosted, Hybrid On-premise and Single-Tenant deployments available.
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Nein
Cloud, SaaS, Web
24/7 (Live Vertreter)
Support während der Geschäftszeiten
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Closing Folders
- Gegründet 2013
Über Closing Folders
Helps lawyers manage legal transactions by automating the collection of signatures and the creation of closing books. Watch the video below to learn more!
Closing Folders Funktionen
- Archivierung & Aufbewahrung
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Closing Folders
Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Can't imagine closing a deal without it!!
I truthfully love this program. I ran out of room in the "cons" section, only because I used it as a "room to improve" section. Some small tweaks would make the system even better and more accessible for senior lawyers who find the software less intuitive.
Things I love:
- Easy to keep track of documents, especially when multiple versions are moving across quickly
- So, so easy to create signature packages and recompile documents
- No need to create signing matrix to track signatures
- Easily compile completed documents with schedules (especially great for officer certificates)
- Facilitates communication with the other side
- Can allow clients to access who are the type of clients who want updates all the time
- Quickly date thousands of documents with variables
- Create a closing book in literal minutes
- Can't use variables on signature pages because software won't pick up variables on scanned pages
- No 'select all' 'deselect all' feature
- Some operations require too many clicks (ex. having to click 'edit' and 'finished editing')
- Notifications by email are not optimized (it would be great if you were able to choose what you were notified about in advanced notification settings, for example I might only want notifications if the other side uploads or deletes, I might only want to know about when docs are uploaded)
- Responsible lawyer not automatically added as a user on the accounts page (ex. I am a student and I often set up the deals for the responsible lawyer, so my email automatically gets added as a user, but theirs doesn't, even though I've already indicated they are the responsible lawyer)
- No ability to create your own folders on the overview page to organize your deals
- No ability to filter the responsibility, signatures, schedules, versions and notes columns. Would be helpful if you were able to filter by items with schedules outstanding for example, without having to scroll through the whole agenda.
- If I have clicked onto an item, and then I click the "upload signatures" button, the pages I upload do not automatically get matched with that item. It would be helpful to have a "upload signatures for this item" (especially helpful when the other side is not using CF and you need to upload signature pages without an identifying # for the system to pick up)
Bewertet am 11.1.2018
Closing Folders has built a very useful set of features around a real-time, dynamic closing agenda.
Vorteile: My two favourite features are (1) the two efficient processes for creating signing packages, distributing them and compiling the signed pages, and (2) the ease and speed with which electronic closing books can be made at the end of a transaction. Whether one uses the PDF or the DocuSign method for signing packages, it is so much easier to have the software pull the relevant pages and package them up for each signatory than to do it manually, and I find the Closing Folders integration with DocuSign is simpler and faster to use than using DocuSign alone. Respecting closing books, there is no excuse now for piles of paper to languish in a corner waiting to be compiled into a book. If all the closing documents have been diligently added to the closing agenda as the deal progresses, the agenda can be turned into the index and the book created very quickly. Post-closing matters can be dealt with later, and the book regenerated then. Closing Folders worked with our internal closing book people to make it possible to send the URL of the electronic closing book directly to them to produce the required copies of the books. The people at Closing Folders have been very responsive to our needs, and the support has been amazing.
Nachteile: Our instance of Closing Folders is hosted on our premises, and so sometimes we have glitches with the way it interacts with our other applications. The support we have received from Closing Folders in dealing with these glitches has been terrific, though.
Bewertet am 22.11.2018
Closing Folders Review
Kommentare: Closing folders is a great program that keeps our files organized. The customer service offered by Closing Folders is outstanding.
I like being able to organize my file and track the status of the documentation. It makes it easy for anyone to log into the file and know exactly where the transaction is at and what remains outstanding.
Creating signature packages for our clients to sign has never been easier.
Closing books created through Closing Folders makes reporting to our clients a breeze.
When I am in the item and I select "upload signature", it would be helpful if it automatically uploaded to that item as opposed to going to a separate window and having to scroll through the entire agenda to find the specific item that signature page relates to. I believe this was an option in the original version of closing folders.
Also, when selecting "Manage Signatures" the program freezes quite frequently when you create a new signatory this way.
Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Kommentare: My overall experience with Closing Folders has been a positive one, and I often encourage others to use it. I find it to be a great way to keep track of what/where you are on a particular project/deal.
Vorteile: I like that the program is very user friendly in the sense that for the most part, the features and functions are easy to operate/locate. Whenever I do I have a question, the Closing Folders support line/email staff get back to me very quickly, and are extremely helpful. I also like the simplicity of creating a closing brief, especially in cases where the deal is already complete, and I just need to upload the final versions and generate the brief -- it is very quick and painless. I also just learned about the snapshot feature, that will allow you to run comparisons, and I think this is a really great feature.
Nachteile: I sometimes struggle with the numbering, as depending on whom I am working for, and their preferences this may vary. Sometimes when I ask Closing Folders to upload an agenda they do their best to create one with numbering that coincides with what I have sent them; however, sometimes I want to change things around and I have difficulty with that. Having said that, the Help Centre page is helpful, and again the support staff are always quick to get back to me. I honestly have not encountered much of anything I do not like about Closing Folders.
Bewertet am 6.4.2018
I have been using Closing Folders for corporate transactions and to prepare packages of documents.
Vorteile: Closing Folders has saved me a significant amount of time and effort. My favourite feature is the ability to specify signatories in the transaction and create signature page packages for specific signatories (this used to take hours and now I just click a button and it's done). When I get the signature packages back, Closing Folders is generally pretty good at recognizing to which documents the signature pages belong, so it makes the sorting process easier. Creating a record book of the transaction also happens at the click of a button. Without Closing Folders, preparing the record book was very costly and time-consuming – the client often did not get the record book for weeks after closing because it had to be prepared, scanned and reviewed. Now, I have more confidence in the documents and I am often able to prepare an electronic record book the day of closing if needed. I also appreciate the fact that Closing Folders keeps coming out with new features and improving itself - the program is a lot better now than when I started using it. Although Closing Folders seems to be geared for transactions, I often use it to just create neatly organized packages of documents for other matters.
Nachteile: Closing Folders (for my uses) does not have many cons. I say that with the caveat that I have not yet tried the feature that enables sharing with opposing counsel (only used it for the side we act for). One minor issue is that, when I make a mistake and assign a signature page or another file I upload to the wrong document, it's hard to reassign the file, so I often end up deleting the miscategorized file and re-uploading it. Also, there should be a link to edit a particular field within the field itself rather than having to click "Edit" at the top tab.