Wer nutzt diese Software?
Businesses who build desktop applications, on-premise software, and other digital products.
Durchschnittliche Bewertung10 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 5 / 5
- Kundenservice 5 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 5 / 5
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Ja, Kostenlose Testversion
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Gegründet 2016
Keygen is a cloud-based software licensing and distribution service for desktop apps, server software, and other digital products. Keygen's developer-focused APIs can handle everything from identity management, license keys, machine activations, as well as distribution via download links and auto-updates. With support for licensing models such as: node-locked, floating, timed trials, feature-licenses, etc., Keygen is able to handle licensing for just about any software product.
- Verwaltung von Knoten(punkten)
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Keygen
Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Keygen is tremendous, being easy to work with, flexible, and well documented.
Kommentare: Using Keygen saved me the trouble of building and maintaining my own licensing server and strategy. It is easy to work with, reliable, and affoardable.
Keygen is one of the rare products that is legitimately satisfying to work with. It's obvious that the creator cares deeply about the quality of the product.
From my own experience there are so many things that work well:
- the interface is well designed
- the API is flexible, logical and easy to work with
- the documentation is clear and comprehensive
- there are a wide array of well documented implementation examples on GitHub
- the product is in active development
- support is responsive and unusually helpful I'm the solo designer/developer of a well known design tool. When I decided to switch to subscription pricing, I began building my own licensing server. Part way through the process I learned about Keygen. After reading through the documentation and speaking to support about my goals, I immediately abandoned my own licensing server in favor of cloud functions and Keygen. I have zero regrets.
Nachteile: Since Keygen is billed monthly, it's most viable for services that also have some sort of recurring billing, or that have a reliable revenue stream. Hobbyist developers will probably have a hard time justifying the cost, despite how good the product is. I mention this more as a heads-up to those investigating than as a negative, as I don't think there would be any other way for Keygen to make money that would also be useful for one-time-purchase software.
Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Licensing the way it should be
Kommentare: If you're building a new product, the last thing you want to think about is licensing. Especially all the crazy concepts like Node-locked, Floating etc. You're for sure gonna get it wrong in the begin and will have to experiment a lot. Keygen's flexible API and seemingly endless configuration options exactly allowed us to do so. Licensing was planned to make up at least 25% percent of planned dev time for our product so it's awesome to see that we've been able to cut it down to 2.5% with Keygen.
Vorteile: This product comes with great documentation and an extremely helpful support. As licensing is a highly important topic for a commercial product it's super nice to have somebody available listening to your questions and helping out with good ideas and suggestions. Thanks to the representatives. By far the best part though is that Keygen in the end of the day is nothing else than a Rest service. As such it is possible to integrate it with whatever technology you're using, as long as you can make HTTP requests. Moreover it was the only offering we found to suite our Electron based app.
Nachteile: Being located in US the server speeds and CDNs for EU and Asia aren't the best but it gets constantly better.