Wer verwendet Magic Projects?
Companies looking for a FREE project management solution they can host themselves and want to manage projects, teams, tasks, budgets, milestones in one place.
Was ist Magic Projects?
Centralized task management, planning, budget, resource distribution and project follow-up.
Magic Projects – Details
Magic Projects – Preisübersicht
Magic Projects bietet eine Gratisversion und eine kostenlose Testversion. Weitere Preisinformationen für Magic Projects findest du unten.
Magic Projects Funktionen
Magic Projects – Nutzerbewertungen
Zeigt 5 von 9 Nutzerbewertungen
Bewertet am 8.3.2018
I worked with Magic Projects for 5 years, and it has really simplified my day to day work.
Kommentare: Time! Daily time.
The soft is ergonomic, easy to use and allows each team member to organize his tasks and the production pipelines with autonomy and transparency.
I had to organize the work of more than 10 teammates, and the soft always met my expectations.
Nachteile: The only thing that could be improved is the fact that you need to host the soft yourself. Maybe online servers would be great...
Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Great tool that helped me manage teams of 15-20 people who were working on multi platform projects.
One of the assets of Magic Project is its task flow management. When initially creating a task, the project manager can set up the complete task flow, from design to implementation and tests. Each person contributing to the task can add comments and files in order to document his part. Once a team member has completed his part, the task is automatically assigned to the next member listed in the flow chart.
There is no need for project managers to carry information from one person to another.
This helps making the team both more autonomous and more collaborative. Another great thing about this tool is that it centralises a lot of information that is necessary for proper project management: tasks, schedules, expenses and budgets.
There is no need to manually report the schedule to a dedicated budgets tracking spreadsheet in order to assess the budget, as the tool uses all information available to properly calculate expenses and forecast budgets. Man month cost, task history and forecast for each team member, external expenses, all this information (and more) is used and helps managers to run projects. Customer support is great, suggestions are always welcome and new features can be proposed. I have suggested some functionalities myself, and have seen the tool evolve over the years. In the end, Magic Project gathers a lot information that makes the team members more autonomous, and gives the projects managers a better view of the project's progress.
Nachteile: Newcomers need a bit of adaptation time before they fully understand the tool and feel comfortable with it. Indeed they'll have to use it daily to open and close tasks, and the system relies on their ability to self-report their activity. Some parts of the UI can be confusing and people can make mistakes when using the tool. Making sure everyone is using it properly is necessary in the beginning, and can be an annoyance for some newcomers. However they usually get used to using Magic Projects after a week or so.
Bewertet am 18.3.2018
Successful experience on several projects of 15 - 35 people
- Easy task creation process including (but not limited to) fields for the name of the project, a description, a number-based priority system, and a list of steps.
- Steps are a good way to divide a task into smaller bits and can be individually assigned to different members, with an estimate length, and can be tagged.
- Tags allow the project manager to track a specific kind of step, and get many information including the amount of steps remaining to do, the average estimation, and the actual time spent on average, which allows the PM to adjust according to the result.
- Custom steps layout with a visual tool - to change the dependencies between steps.
- Friendly drag and drop system onto "Todo" and "On Going" to track on-going tasks for daily users, and tracking of time spent on a task.
- A comment section and an uploaded document section per task, to allow discussion between users.
- Automatic calendar generated from each steps and priorities - which allows the PM to exactly know when a task starts and ends.
- Amount of workload per person in a board - which allows the PM to balance if needed.
- Tracking of finished steps via a chosen time frame - which allows the PM to create activity report from it.
- Observer system to receive in-page or emails updates about a task.
- Tracking of costs.
- Tracking of holidays.
- Accessible customer support / friendly creator willing to discuss and improve this tool.
- Even thought you can change the colors of the layout, the overall design could be prettier.
- Could benefit from an alternative priority system (ASAP / Wishlist / Due date), as a number-based system tends to be difficult to maintain.
- Lots of functionalities, it takes time to find and master them all !
Bewertet am 5.10.2017
Best free production management tool I've used so far
- Task flow management made easy (visual drag & drop system)
- Not only a task management tool but also a cost control tool (and that's gold)
- different ways to manage cost (average man month rate, real man month rate, etc.)
- handles external costs, different types of contracts (permanent contractors, trainees, etc.)
- The team behind the tool is responsive
- It's free!
- it's not pretty and could use some serious UI revamp
- some improvements to be done to the way it does cost control
- some features are nice to have (live chat) but are limited
Bewertet am 9.3.2018
It's an easy use task management software that has all the features I need !
It has allowed me to see what my team is working and what they need to finish.
Compared to other task software system, the task creation is also quicker so I have saved a lot of time and energy !
It's really easy to use for both project managers and team members.
As a project manager, I can set up easily my team's tasks. While there are all the features I need in the task creation page, it's obvious what each field or each box is used for. As a team member, I can check what I should do, what I have done so far and tell my project managers what I am working on in one click.
The long-term scheduling is bit tricky to use because :
- the formatting of the page isn't the most clear,
- it requires all the tasks of a project to be created.