Durchschnittliche Bewertung440 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.6 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4.3 / 5
- Kundenservice 4.2 / 5
- Funktionen 4.5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4.6 / 5
- Startpreis 4,00 $/Monat
- Kostenlose Version Ja
- Gratis Testen Ja
Cloud, SaaS, Web
24/7 (Live Vertreter)
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Gegründet 2011
Behalte den Überblick über die Fortschritte und Aktivitäten Deiner Projekte. Kodieren, testen und bereitstellen.
- Unterstützt Scrum
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für GitLab
Bewertet am 30.10.2019
The Best DevOps Platform
Kommentare: Overall, GitLab is an excellent program for freelancers. It's really simple to use, simple to administrate and offers all that users need for developing. And if users implement it in the correct way it will speed up their development effectively. Adding more to this, it provides excellent ways to manage git repositories on a centralized secure server.
Project operation: Using GitLab provides the user with complete control over their projects. Users can easily follow up activities assigned to their respective partners. Additionally, the program gives you the advantage to have members across the borders as well, hence it is pretty useful and comes in handy when the work is beyond the borders.
Easy to use: GitLab is easy to lean and very easy to use the software as it helps in creating a project by giving instructions from the beginning. The tutorial mode is extremely helpful and because of that no experience or expertise is required to exhaust all the features offered by GitLab.
Contact Support: Although GitLab provides a good platform for its users, unfortunately, their contact section is poor. Users are unable to recover if they face any problem as the administration is limited. Administration can only be at your service if you own the premium version.
Complicated: Although Gitlab is easy to learn when it comes to the menu users tend to feel as if they are lost in some sort of maze. The menu is pretty much clunky because of this some of its users are unable to use GitLab to its full potential. Additionally, the efficiency of users is reduced to a great extent when they wish to search for aspects because it consumes time and energy.
Bewertet am 12.10.2019
One stop shop for planning, development, and operations
Kommentare: Making it easier to build quality into the software development lifecycle without sacrificing speed. Let the computers do the heavy lifting of building and testing the changes. Bake in DevOps best practices by default.
Vorteile: Integration of CI/CD and Kubernetes for easily developing and running custom apps. Fantastic collaboration features like discussions, visual diffing. Some of this stuff you don't even get on desktop apps that charge big bucks. Frequent updates that inch its capability and usability forward. Good documentation. Wonderful community, welcoming atmosphere, pleasant to work with all the employees I've encountered.
Nachteile: Sometimes things break. When things are broken, sometimes it can take some time to be fixed, if you're not willing or able to fix it yourself. One of the consequences of such broad scope and feature development velocity. It would be advisable to keep another copy installed separately for testing updates before applying them to the live edition, if your IT has the capacity to do so.
Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Kommentare: GitLab resolved our version controlling problems, code review problems. It helps to maintain our code standards very easily. We can setup It on our local server also very easily. It is free anyone can try it.
Vorteile: GitLab is a superb source code managemanet provide. It is free. We can install it in our privet server also. As well as we can use their server with a free account. We use git for version control. GitLab provides awesome support for version control. It is a very easy tool. Anyone can use it very easily If someone has no more knowledge about versioning but He can use GitLab very easy. We can maintain our Repositories/Branchers. User access level also there. Currently, We use GitLab. We maintain feature branches, dev branch, and master branch. Everyone does not allow to merge code to the dev branch. If someone add merge request to the dev branch, our one-person review code and merge. Then we use GitLab it is easy for us. GitLab provides superb dashboard it very easy to review code. It shows all code changes with file by file. Easy to compare. As well as we can compare two branches vary easy. It provides a clear, unique, user-friendly dashboard. GitLab also supports CI/CD process. It's superb we can recommend for anyone. If our commit has some conflict it shows how to resolve that step by step.
Nachteile: When I add a new commit. If the file is large/have many lines. It not showing code changes directly. It shows a message file has many lines cannot show changes that kind of message. Sometimes when we compare two commits. It not more clear. Some times confusing. If I show some file history only show commits. not showing code changes by commits. We want to go and check every commits to show changes.
Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Powerful tool - if you know how to use it!
Kommentare: GitLab is the code versioning system that our company uses on a daily basis. We found useful to have a fine-grained authorization management for your users/developers, that made it easier for us to ensure the only the right people can see the right things. We also use the "organisation" feature to have all our developers in the same place with the right access.
The products has plenty of features, as well as supporting all the basic Git operations/merge requests, you are given a wide choice of CI pipelines you can set up from within the project. Need more? Integrations with metrics, error tracking, kubernetes, snippets and more.
I never had any problem so far, it's stable and always up.
Nachteile: The major issue for me is that these features are advanced, and if you want to use the repository as just that, you find yourself overwhelmed with loads of choices that you don't really need. Therefore, sometimes I find it hard to look for a button which should be the most visible element on the screen. Additionally, I found the arrangement of information in the "merge request" screen a bit counterintuitive compared with similar services.
Bewertet am 7.8.2019
A complete tool to store your projects and configure your CI/CD
Kommentare: I have great thoughts about GitLab my experience has been really good. I was really impressed when I started working with it and configured the first project there. I definitely recommend GitLab to anyone that wants to start a new project and doesn't want to use too many tools, GitLab has everything that you need to start.
I started using GitLab for an external project and I like the following:
1) Easy to work with and auto explanatory. Creating/configuring a new repository is really easy.
2) Great CI/CD implementation. Having the repository with built-in CI/CD is really convenient, you can have everything related to the build and deployment process saved along with your code. I have used bamboo and I really appreciate this feature, it might have its problems but it is really useful.
3) Unlimited private docker registry, you can have your own private registry for free. I cannot express how useful this is.
4) In order to help with the CI/CD process it allows the creation of tokens with access restrictions (read only), so you can use these tokens to download your code or your docker containers without having to provide your personal credentials.
5) It has its own task manager
6) It has free agents that are in charge of executing your builds/deploys so you don't have to provide your own resources.
1) Configuring build variables is really messy and it is not an ideal implementation. I haven't found a way to set different values for them depending on the branch, so configuring different environments is not too easy
2) Even though having your code with CI/CD is really convenient, it has some drawbacks. If you have an established continuous deployment process that you repeat in many projects and you want to change it (maybe a fix it or improve it) you will have to add that change to all your repositories and all the branches that you want to deploy. So it is a really good feature but it is not too flexible
3) The task manager is messy, and I didn't find a way to have a shared board.
4) It does not have too many software integrations, as I mentioned before I have used bamboo and I really like their integration with other software