My Music Staff
von Port 4434.9 / 5 416 Bewertungen
Wer nutzt diese Software?
Musiklehrer und Musikschulen mit mehreren Lehrern, die eine erschwingliche, einfach zu bedienende Software benötigen, um die Kernaspekte des Lehrbetriebs zu verwalten.
Durchschnittliche Bewertung416 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 4.9 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 4.7 / 5
- Kundenservice 4.9 / 5
- Funktionen 4.7 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 4.9 / 5
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Ja, Kostenlose Testversion
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Support während der Geschäftszeiten
Angaben zum Hersteller
- Port 443
- Gegründet 2004
Über My Music Staff
My Music Staff ist die führende Software für die Musikschulverwaltung und automatisiert die Art und Weise, wie du deine Musikschule führst. Stunden planen, Rechnungen erstellen, Zahlungen erfassen und vieles mehr! Das ist die Lösung, die du brauchst, wenn du alles an einem Ort erfassen und Zeit und Geld sparen möchtest. My Music Staff wurde speziell für Musiklehrer entwickelt. Erfahre, warum sich immer mehr Musiklehrer für My Music Staff entscheiden. Starte noch heute die KOSTENFREIE 30-tägige Testversion. Kostenloser und unbegrenzter Telefon- und E-Mail-Support.
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für My Music Staff
Bewertet am 22.10.2019
A great All-In-One Business Manager and Scheduler
The scheduling alone and automated charges and billing are amazing - so much easier to keep track of everything. I'm also loving the additional features and ease of communication to students and parents from one place.
The improvements they've made over the past 2 years (most especially becoming more friendly to syncing to Google Calendar) have been unobtrusive and are generally making the software easier to use - and all at a reasonable cost!
Vorteile: First of all, the price is fantastic for a small business - you pay per teacher you're managing and the base subscription price is outstanding! Any equivalent scheduling software charges as though you are a large company and was many times the price for just me and my partner! The scheduling interface is easy and pretty intuitive, and I love that I can opt to allow people to change their own times (but only to a time that I've already set aside for teaching). I continue to have control over the times and days that I teach, and I have to deal with fewer make up lesson headaches! I've only started using some of the other functions this school year (file sharing, practice tracking, sending notes to parents/students, etc) so only a few months, but so far it's working really well and I love being able to contact the parents with concerns or suggestions when the child is not present.
1. Most of my students pay on an automated monthly tuition model, and I would love to be able to set the month beginning/end dates for something other than the 1st. (mid month starts, 2nd pay period, etc)
2. While it is great to be able to message parents with notes, notifications of uploads, etc, it would be great if there were a way to group all those messages together instead of spamming them the day after the lesson.
3. Sometimes changes I make from my mobile device don't save properly (attendance is bad for this)
Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Couldn't run my music school without it
Vorteile: It is extremely simple and easy to use. I only use the Students, Family and Calendar portions of it, and it serves well beyond what I need it for. So easy to view schedule and filter and organize it based on location, teacher, student, etc. i LOVE , as do the parents, the 24-hour in advance automatic reminders auto-texted or e-mailed (your choice).
Nachteile: Besides a couple of very minor workflow impedances, it would be nice to integrate the calendar with an existing website, rather than only having the option to do so with the current website.
Bewertet am 13.11.2018
An extremely high value product
Kommentare: My Music Staff has become indispensible and almost makes life a breeze. Accounts, invoicing and lesson management, notes and plenty more are brilliant. If they can upgrade some and smooth a couple of other areas I'd gladly pay more.
After trying a number of other systems which felt like a real pain, I must say I can't find a system anywhere near as good for even double the price. There's a learning curve but it's really nothing like many others out there.
- Invoice for a period for all students in one hit and then email in one more.
- Calendar view is powerful: attendance, great filtering by student/teacher/and many more
- Setting up lessons is a breeze with conflicts detected automatically (although I wish it picked it up conflicts before pressing save, saving me a click-and-loading cycle)
- Love the ability to clone days, run indefinite recurring group lessons with blocked out dates
- Account management is brilliant too with a running list of billables and balance at any particular date
- Sign up form is embeddable
- SMS support mostly great
- Notifiations to clients are great
SMS INTEGRATION IS PATCHY
- Fantastic for e.g. deleting a day. Except to send SMS messages needs to be activated in each profile manually which is slow - can't be turned on by default either
- If the student doesn't have SMS turned on they don't get sent
- Deleting lessons obscures the account: there is no longer record of that lesson even if it was previously included on an upfront invoice.
- Marking a teacher absent is ideal EXCEPT there is no option to SMS all students without activating the feature in each individual profile first. NO SECOND FORM
Other than the signup form - you need another service to handle this LEAD MANAGEMENT
- No real (even simple) LMS, need another system. hello double handling data
- Can classify as "lead" but then they can't book an open lesson. They need to be "Active" to do that, which is confusing because then they're "current students" which they aren't. It would be nice if leads could be added to lessons, then be automatically converted (semi-workaround via Student view sorting) INVOICES
- need more templates & automation for outstanding, reminder before due, overdue, overdue 7/14 days
- XERO integration please! NO STOCK MANAGEMENT
- No stocking books to smooth the process. To sell, a manual entry for every book sold is required. No prefill or stock
- I've stopped selling books because of this ATTENDANCE
- For group lessons needs optimising too many features has bloated the process & created too many loading panes
Antwort des Softwareanbieters
von Port 443 an 15.11.2018
Hey Isaac! So glad to hear you've been enjoying My Music Staff.
We've recently added the "¿Trial Student¿ status. A trialing student is functionally the same as an Active student but provides a way to segment your student list so you can easily identify which students haven¿t yet committed to lessons for the long term. You'll want to use this status rather than "Lead". This will allow you to schedule the students on the calendar.
Parents and students do need to opt-in to receive SMS messages. This is to help studios comply with SMS marketing laws. This is why it's not enabled by default. We do agree that after receiving permission, you should be able to enable the feature in bulk so we've added this item to our to-do list.
Thanks again for the great review!
Bewertet am 13.9.2018
My Music Staff - I couldn't have done it without you!
My Music Staff has changed my home studio into a professional, online, organised, updated Music Academy! Not only has it totally managed my scheduling and scheduling for my teachers but it tracks expenses and income for tax purposes with official Tax Credit receipts that I can send from my phone! It made tax time a breeze!
This software let's me seamlessly invoice books and lessons, while keeping track of missed payments with auto-invoicing and also generating professional receipts with a thank you.
Parents and older students are able to cancel and reschedule lessons at their leisure (according to my policies) and re-book a time that is more convenient for them - resulting in almost no empty spots and more money in my pocket! They can also see their lesson notes and record their practice time to hold them accountable and for me to be able to peak at as well! This has resulted in more practice = better results= happier students = happier parents = referrals = home studio to Music Academy = (more $ !!!)
One of my favourite features of My Music Staff is being able to upload recordings of my students for the parents and families to enjoy. No more time consuming CD's that no one can play anymore anyway. Now, they just download and have it right on their phone or PC (see "happier students = happier parents...etc.)
Thank you My Music Staff for helping me to grow my business by being so organised and so very, very productive in the background! I couldn't have done it without you!
Vorteile: How can I possibly choose just one thing? Before My Music Staff, keeping track of missed lessons was next to impossible. I had separate notebooks and online files and word docs for attendance, lesson notes, expenses, payments for books and payments for lessons - now it's all together - neat and tidy, organised and at my fingertips (and my teachers') at the studio, at home and on the go! And that's just the beginning...
Nachteile: I do wish My Music Staff was setup to take Electronic Funds Transfers in Canada - as that is a new form of payment I am implementing in my school. I also would like to be able to add my business logo as a header for emails with an automatic signature. I realise I can use placeholders to do this job but it is a little laborious when you're in a rush.
Bewertet am 12.9.2018
I couldn't teach so many students without My Music Staff
Kommentare: As I wrote above, all the administration and accounting is taken care of, leaving me time to teach more students and more hours. I also appreciate the responsive staff, who have always taken care of any wrinkles in the system or any of the problems I might be having within a very short space of time.
Vorteile: It covers every single part of running a successful teaching practice. It takes care of my scheduling, it streamlines weekly practice assignments, it has a practice log for students, it lists repertoire completed and ongoing with performance dates, it keeps my accounting in order, it makes my income tax return easy, it gives out student tax receipts, it lists student names and addresses so families can contact each other if they need to exchange lessons, it handles lesson cancellation and make-up lesson registration without my having to be involved, it makes emailing notices a piece of cake, and......... I could go on and on. It even has features that I hadn't thought of to make my life as a piano teacher easier and also better organized. Unlike any other online service I've ever used, whenever there's a question or problem, the support staff answer and solve it within 2 or 3 days. They have even redesigned parts of the program when I've raised a problem. The staff at My Music Staff are dedicated to providing us with the best program possible, and review and update features on an ongoing basis. Without My Music Staff, I couldn't possible have taken on the high number of hours of teaching I now enjoy. Time spent on administration is now minimal, and I can spend my time doing what I really love - teaching!
Nachteile: Very small little things that I haven't even bothered to message in. One is that the assignment notes are linked to the name of the event, so when for example Lucy comes for an extra lesson, which is ID'd as an extra lesson, the practice notes will transfer from Lucy's last extra lesson, not from her last regular lesson. Similar thing happens when the student comes for a make up lesson - the notes that come up are from their last make up lesson, which might have been six months ago. I have to go in to the last regular lesson, copy, then back to the make up lesson and paste. Then do the same thing again to transfer the notes from the make up lesson to the NEXT regular lesson. The second thing that comes to mind is that students cannot enter their repertoire themselves, unless it's already on the studio list of repertoire. But I can see that it's probably been changed this way to rule out mistakes the student might make (spelling, opus number, length of piece etc.) I can't think of anything else. Oh yes - I don't really like having to go to Facebook if I have a question. I preferred getting an answer from the support staff, rather than multiple suggestions as to how I might.......... from other users.
Antwort des Softwareanbieters
von Port 443 an 18.9.2018
Hey Susan! Thanks for the great review. Right now, you have "Find past lesson notes for events in the same Event Category only" enabled. Here's how to change that:
1. Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corner and select "My Preferences".
2. From the "Personal" tab, scroll to the very bottom.
3. Uncheck "Find past lesson notes for events in the same Event Category only".
4. Click "Save".
Now, the lesson notes will copy forward from their last lesson regardless of the event category :)