Data Management for DB2 on zOS
von BMC Software
Wer nutzt diese Software?
Customers running IBM DB2 for z/OS (mainframe)
Durchschnittliche Bewertung2 Bewertungen
- Gesamt 5 / 5
- Benutzerfreundlichkeit 5 / 5
- Kundenservice 5 / 5
- Funktionen 5 / 5
- Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 5 / 5
- Kostenlose Version Nein
- Kostenlose Testversion Ja
Installiert - Mac
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Installiert - Windows
24/7 (Live Vertreter)
Angaben zum Hersteller
- BMC Software
- Gegründet 1980
Über Data Management for DB2 on zOS
BMC Data Management solutions for DB2 are the industrys most trusted DB2 database management offerings that provide superior performance at half the resource cost of alternative mainframe solutions. Customers can quickly reduce costs and become more
agile through the performance management, database administration, and backup and recovery capabilities. BMC Data Management solutions align well with the IBM DB2 database engine and deliver cost and time savings, along with automation.
Data Management for DB2 on zOS Funktionen
- Backup und Recovery
- Mobiler Zugriff
- Multiple Programming Languages Supported
Die hilfreichsten Reviews für Data Management for DB2 on zOS
Bewertet am 10.6.2016
BMC DB2 Catalog Manager
Kommentare: I've been using this product for over 15 years, it's my go-to toolkit for all DB2 administration tasks.
Vorteile: Ease-of-use. Flexibility. Dynamic panel commands. Ability to generate JCL from objects. Drilling down into objects.
Nachteile: Lack of customisability - it would be nice to be able to define your own commands and actions from within Cat Man, and execute them upon the objects displayed.
Bewertet am 4.2.2015
How DB2 tools are enhancing our DB2 exposure
We are licensed user of Catalog Manager, change manager, DASD manager, apptune, Buffer pool and Opertune product and its has been highly embedded in our work culture, processes, batch, automation, Production , development etc and happy with the tools.. I am not expert on these tools but just as an sysprog, couple of things that do concern me are
1) amount of data - Our DB2 data collection trace creates data which is at least 5 times the size of our daily performance data we collect for CICS and z/OS combined. Do we really need those many traces.. Again I am no expert and most of the time customize what comes at the base level
2) We still prefer to use IBM utilities for DB2 reorg and Image copy backups as we feel that IBM utilities are better structured , documented.. Couple of years back when we investigated we did find thet BMC image copy can not concatenate backups on Tape (MTL or DLM or VTS or ATL)..again I am relying on my greying memory. Still Catalog manager (beside other BMC tools) rocks and is the primary tool for Users for any direct access to DB2 objects and its not SPUFI..