Prior Avimark User now using Cornerstone

Bewertet am 7.4.2017
Steve D.
veterinarian
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cornerstone is a powerful program that does many things almost everything needed for a veterinary practice. We were prior Avimark user for about 15 years since the start of windows version. Avimark is the most user friendly program I have ever used but it is limited as of a year or so ago to support true paperless use and our database out grew their ability to handle. They also had a whiteboard that was not practical or user friendly so we switched to Cornerstone. This program does handle large databases and does support paperless practice and works very well with integration of all their lab equipment, radiology and telemedicine. Because it is robust it is more complicated to master and there are so many things the program does it is difficult even for trainers and support staff to understand how do all the things paperless fully integrated practices need. It is not as user friendly and many things that are needed by paperless practices are not doable in the program. A simple need is in diagnosis listing - there is no way to describe anything about the diagnosis for example - Diagnosis of Limping - there is no way to go in and add a descriptor like left front or right rear - only Limping. Or if you diagnosed a mass - but no way of describing the location so you are left with reading through the exam to find out where the lump is. There are not many tabs on the patient records to sort the medical history to make finding inputs faster. But it has a Fantastic white board. The whiteboard that is fairly easy to use and does everything we needed. This was huge for our hospital and is badly needed in a paperless larger hospital.
Unfortunately few practices use PM software to the maximum like we do, the problems we find or deficiencies that we find in the software from all these companies we have a small voice. But overall I think for a busy practice that wants a paperless practice and a excellent whiteboard feature and full integration of results with lab equipment and radiology results Cornerstone is the best.

Vorteile: Whiteboard and paperless capabilities and lab integration

Nachteile: Stupid little things like cannot add descriptors to Diagnosis, lack of tabs to sort medical history

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Steve, really appreciate your detailed feedback. Always good to get the specifics on where we're hitting the mark, and where a user such as yourself sees room for improvement!

Our practice runs smoothly with Cornerstone. Everything is at our fingertips and so easy to use.

Bewertet am 3.5.2017
Gretchen R.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I could go on and on. It makes my life so much easier as the office manager. As I said in the review from making and confirming appointments, to controlling inventory, managing the Petly Wellness Plans, compliance of clients using medications to include heartworm and flea preventions, to vaccines, to spay and neuters. Even using the callback lists daily to check on our patients, e have built such trust in our clients that we truly care about our patients. It is extremely easy to close our the end of day with the software and print reports to see how we are doing as a practice. I have used Cornerstone since 2006 and have experienced it grow and evolve in to the premium management software that it is today. It is always improving and the IDEXX team listens to what the practice owners need and want.
They make it happen! Thank you.

Vorteile: Integration of Petly Wellness Plans in the patient's CS file. This is awesome being able to see what plan they have and what items they have used and have remaining. Inventory control keeps us on track. It lets us know when to order items and even where we order them from. We can prevent overstocking and running out of things. Automatic reminders and appointment confirmations are truly a timesaver. Processing payments through Cornerstone for credit cards and even excessing CareCredit are so quick that it minimizes our client's wait time at check out. And now being able to see vaccine history of each patient all under one tab is awesome. Printing vaccine certificates couldn't be easier. The whiteboard is great so everyone knows at a glance from any terminal why a pet is in the hospital and what is being done for them. Cornerstone has certainly changed over the years!

Nachteile: We haven't had much success using the boarding module to fit our needs and the way we reserve boarding space for our pets, because you can't schedule 2 pets for the same cage on the same day if one is leaving in the morning and the other is coming in the afternoon. We need to play with it more I guess.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Gretchen, thanks for letting us know how Cornerstone is making life easier for you and your team. That's why we do what we do!

The best practice management for business oriented practices out there

Bewertet am 9.2.2017
Nancy D.
General manager
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a power user of Cornerstone and am currently running it in five practices. Without a doubt, it was a great choice for us when we changed practice management software several years ago. The ability to integrate our lab and digital imaging is outstanding-no missed charges, all information immediately available in the correct patient chart, improved work flow and efficiency, and the ability for doctors to choose the format that they prefer for viewing results. I also really appreciate the customer support-I am the general manager as well as the network administrator, and being able to have any staff member call in to get a problem solved rather than waiting for me is very helpful. Support is respectful and very helpful to our team. We are also making great use of the learning center and the more advanced Cornerstone training programs. The reports and the Performance Tracker feature are extremely useful in managing the business side of the practice-you can really decide what level of information you want and go find it. The reports also provide a great deal of data about our clients and patients which helps us provide the care and services they want and value. The integration of Pet Health Network Pro for client communication is great-we really like the reporting features and communication options there as well. For me, the ability to have all of this technology easily integrated with one point of contact and one point of accountability has also been much more efficient than trying to deal with multiple providers as I have in the past. The only real negative with Cornerstone is all those features can also make it feel very complicated. It does require a commitment to training and to learning about the program to make it work well in your practice-but when you think of that database as the goodwill value of your practice, taking the time to manage it effectively is absolutely crucial for the long term success of your business. Some folks may find they don't need the integration or firepower, and Cornerstone may not be the best option for them as it is more expensive than some of the other options. However, I don't think it can be beat for the integration and reporting capabilities.

Vorteile: The strongest features are the ability to integrate lab, digital imaging, and client communication within one program. The report features are very good as well. Tech support has been great, and long hours of operation are very helpful as we operate extended hours.

Nachteile: Set up can be complicated and it requires a commitment to ongoing education about the program. Staff training is very important.

Flexible software that is easy to learn and use.

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Kelly C.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a paperless practice utilizing many of the Idexx platforms and services, we are power users of Cornerstone. We have two practices within 15 miles of each other and we need to be able to access client records from either, or remotely. It's been a good solution for our practice. I've used several practice management software systems and while none of them are perfect for everyone, Idexx has the ability to invest in it's technology and continue to make improvements. It really does offer robust options and flexibility for many practices to use the features that are a good fit for them.

Vorteile: It is a robust software package with good integration with other Idexx offerings. The integration increases the value of each service offering. They provide continued improvements on the user interface and enhanced functionality. The learning center provides fantastic training resources for new hires and those needing a refresher.

Nachteile: New enhancements seem to take priority over improvement to known deficiencies, such as the functionality of the multi-location single database systems. I would like more options to capture data for reporting and analytics. You can gather most information, but need a good grasp of excel to manipulate and combine it.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Kelly, thanks for the feedback regarding Cornerstone's flexibility, ease of use and diagnostic integration; we know how important all of those are at busy practices like yours. Same goes for multi-location/single database functionality. That's an ongoing area of high focus for us, and that includes making it easier to access the reporting and analytics you depend on.

Cornerstone Reivew/Survey

Bewertet am 9.11.2018
Richard C.
Practice Administrator
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From a support staff point of view, very good. From a practice management point of view, it can be difficult, especially if you join a practice years into owning the software and it was unorganized. Clean up can be difficult.

Vorteile: I like the appointment book as it is easy to read and organize. I like the ability to email records, notes, and forms to clients. I like the help desk as they are easy to get a hold of and are very knowledgeable. I think it is easy to look up pets and clients and deal with financial transactions. PHNP is great too.

Nachteile: You need to make a new client file in order to make an appointment, although I know there are a few work around for this. You cannot inactivate a mass amount of clients at one time. You can email a mass amount of clients at one time. I wish you could eliminate service and inventory items instead of just inactivating them. I wish there was a better way to organize service and inventory item, so we can pull sales and revenue figure easier. It is hard to create these reports. I hate that once you have 4 files open on the patient clipboard, it make you close a few before you can continue working. I don't like that you cannot put cost of good on service items (labwork, etc.)

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Richard, thanks for taking the time to share such detailed feedback. We know how much you depend on Cornerstone, and we'd like to help you address some of the areas you cited; you'd mentioned finding the Customer and Technical Support team helpful, and we'd recommend starting there.

Cornerstone

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Sarah M.
Associate Veterinarian
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, my experience is positive. We were able to go paperless with Cornerstone, and I was one of the veterinarians that helped facilitate that. My current practice had paper charts when I started with them, and only used Cornerstone for billing and surgical notes, but I had worked at other practices with computerized medical notes, and understood the benefits.

Vorteile: I like how it was easy to learn to use. I'm not especially computer savvy, but I didn't have a problem learning the essentials I needed for daily use. I especially like the medical notes, and if I remember correctly, our practice was able to customize them. Internal communication within the system with messages that are time-stamped and linked to the medical notes are helpful.

Nachteile: In the specialized exams (dermatology and ophthalmology specifically), I've had problems with the screen freezing during medical note input, after I try to save any drawings made on the diagrams themselves. I've lost my entire medical note (everything input prior to trying to save the markings on the medical diagrams). We've contacted the company about it, but last I knew, we were unable to correct the problem. I've leaned to work around it by typing in my entire medical note and SAVING it first. Then filling out the medical diagram. When I go to save the diagram, it always freezes the screen, and I have to exit out and do the diagram again, but at least I don't lose my entire medical note prior if I save it all first.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hello Dr. Wise, good to hear you find Cornerstone easy to use and customize! Sorry that you're experiencing that freezing issue. If you haven't already, please call Customer and Technical Support and ask them to remote in to your computer while you perform this task to see if they can isolate the issue. Yay you for spearheading your practice's transition to going paperless. We can't get enough of customer success stories like yours!

Cornerstone

Bewertet am 12.6.2016
Dominic C.
Veterinarian/ Owner
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We bought Cornerstone several years ago, at that time we were a busy 4 doctor practice. Installation was relatively seamless with our antiquated Better Choice system. It does take some getting used to and it is so powerful it has many features, but many ways to accomplish the same thing. You do need to have a solid understanding of windows but I find our staff catches on easily. We are now a busy 8 Veterinarian practice (mixed animal) and we continue to use many of the features Cornerstone has available. Cornerstone also grows with us.

Vorteile: There are many ways to accomplish the same thing. It is quiet intuitive after you have received the basic training. I have found service support to be timely and effective. It is so versatile I can't imagine it wouldn't be a good fit for any size, growing practice. It integrates very, very well with all of our equipment.

Nachteile: It is a beast! It can accomplish so many things it can be intimidating at first but with patience and the willingness to call the support team for help and if you take the time to watch the snippets online. It is an awesome program.

Cornerstone keeps improving how we practice.

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Jamie H.
Practice Manager

Vorteile: Check-in process has the ability to print any documents needed for the appointment, so staff don't have to find handouts. In the exam rooms we can use the PVL to efficiently bill and write on medical notes during the appointment. The CVT's can then easily print anything needed to send home with the client because of the ease of creating in the client correspondence area. Behind the scenes cornerstone is capturing reminders opportunities that we previous designated so staff do not have to think about it. At check out we transfer from the PVL and add any OTC items to the invoices and check out the client. Love the vaccine tab that now tells us when important annual items were given. With multiple staff working with hospitalized pets the WB gives us information quickly when treatments were and what is come due.

Nachteile: I wish the reports had less clicks to build. Some click seem redundant. Wish we could arrange the check in sheet to what we feel is most important to show up on the 1st page. Patient alerts should NOT be printed on the last page.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Jamie, thank you for your detailed feedback. We're working hard to constantly improve Cornerstone so it can keep pace with an expert team like yours!

The Good and the Interesting

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Amy T.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cornerstone is definitely more robust than Intravet that we tried first when we went paperless, and the ability to view most all of the client and patient info within one screen is very handy.

Vorteile: Cornerstone has the ability to not only keep all of your patient charts, orderly and mostly at your fingerprints on one screen, along with client information and notes. The program also has several add-on features or programs that you can integrate for lab work, wellness plans and there is a new feature coming out in the next update as well.

Nachteile: All of the Cornerstone features don't seem to "work" all of the time. When there are updates or patches to fix certain aspects of the program it seems to disrupt or "break" other features or items that worked just fine. We will experience glitches within some accounts but not others, the add-ons tend to slow the program down and tech support is not allows that "supportive" or helpful if it is outside items typically on their help menu. There are many shortcuts to the programs use too, the users just aren't made aware of them.

von Idexx Laboratories an 22.1.2019

Hi Amy, thank you for your feedback (both the good and the interesting). Glad to hear that the ability to add apps and services to Cornerstone is a plus for your team!

Powerful Software

Bewertet am 27.10.2018
Erin H.
Hospital Administrator
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Cornerstone is packed full of features. There is so much you can do with an cornerstone to help with every aspect of your practices. We have also switched to Pet Health Network Pro and it is nice to see it right within Cornerstone. We also use IDEXX in-house and mail-out labs so having that all connected is great. When we switched to Cornerstone we also switched to being paper-lite. This made the transition easier (or rather ripping two bandaids off at once). Customer service is amazing! If you are having issues doing something they help you right away and are always friendly.

Nachteile: Because there is so much you can do within cornerstone, it is sometimes a struggle to figure out how to do something. In there is always multiple ways of going about doing the same thing. This has led to some issues at first with staff all doing things slightly different. The biggest downfall for me is that you have to close out each day, month, and year. I wish you could just search for a date range or time period instead of having reports based off of closed periods. This makes things difficult if someone forgets to close out a period, or if you have the computer manually close the period and there is a glitch (lets be honest, computers do not always operate the way they should). As a manager if I find a mistake in a deposit, I can’t easily change it from the previous day.

von Idexx Laboratories an 6.2.2019

Hi Erin, thanks for sharing your feedback on Cornerstone's versatility, the integrations with Pet Health Network Pro and IDEXX Diagnostics, and for the shout-out to Customer and Technical Support (we'll pass that along). Regarding end of period reporting, we understand some users see it as a pain; we look at it as ensuring that cash reporting locks down, which is why corrections to paste periods aren't allowed. Are you on Cornerstone 8.7 NEXT? You might be pleasantly surprised at how it automates end of day and end of month reporting.

Cornerstone review

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Jacquelyn C.
Veterinarian
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I have been happy. Have used several PM software and find they all have things that I love and don't love. Cornerstone is no different. Have great customer support service and usually can find the answer to problems quickly.

Vorteile: Multiple templates available for use, fairly easy to use and learn, easy search feature, like that it integrates nicely with lab work and radiographs

Nachteile: Crashes regularly and needs to be restarted. Have been using the software for 5 years and still HATE that you have to use "tab" instead of "enter". Would like a way to delete a medical note once saved in case 2 exams opened for same client etc.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Jacquelyn, thanks for letting us know your team finds Cornerstone easy to use and that the integration with your diagnostics is helpful. About those restarts; we constantly monitor error logs to identify just these types of issues and find ways to address them. If you notice that this occurs at specific times, Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support can assist in determining whether there already is a resolution that can solve it. You also mentioned wanting to be able to delete a medical note. Once you've saved an Enhanced Medical Note it can in fact be voided. If you're still using Classic Medical Notes contact Support about converting over. Sounds like this could solve your problem. Good luck!

Tough to navigate

Bewertet am 9.11.2018
Destinee B.
Associate Veterinarian
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to get well formatted reports that we can customize for our practice. Also it has allowed us to better monitor our inventory once it was set up correctly.

Vorteile: i Like the many different capabilities it has with reports and practice management. The inventory control component is stellar and easier to use than other companies software.

Nachteile: Difficult to use and teach. I came from an Avimark clinic and learning how to use Cornerstone had been quite cumbersome. Cornerstone makes it difficult to set alerts about clients and too easy to bypass, where as I could make Avimark do so with ease. Also searching from our inventory to select a product is cumbersome because you have to use a function select button first. Why not allow Cornerstone to be smart enough to start searching for our selections when we input information?

von Idexx Laboratories an 6.2.2019

Thanks for your feedback Destinee. Good to know Cornerstone's versatility helps you with reporting and inventory. Sounds like it's been challenging to teach your colleagues how to use Cornerstone. Please take advantage of the library of free Cornerstone training at the IDEXX Learning Center: the Cornerstone Core Functionality Training alone could be a big help for training new hires and refreshing your team's skills.

Very robust software with nice features

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Roberto P.
IT Administrator
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cornerstone is a solid product. It has a few drawbacks but its a pretty good top contender in the Practice Management Software category

Vorteile: I really like Cornerstone. It's our current practice software at the time. We really like the whiteboard and the lab module. We like how easy it is to make and create medical notes. The reference lab and the telemedicine integration are quite good. The ability to add charges from almost every window is a good feature as well. Cornerstone is a pretty good almost complete package for any multi doctor or multiple location practice.

Nachteile: It could use a face lift. Cornerstone still looks like its a windows 98/XP product. It could definitely benefit from a better User interface. Inventory module could use another look since there is some issues with it. Updates should be a bit more frequent in my opinion

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Roberto, thanks for the compliments about Cornerstone's versatility and ease of use; we really appreciate hearing that from IT professionals. You'll be pleased to know that the next version of Cornerstone is coming in spring of 2019, and it's got a fresh new interface. Please let us know how you like it!

Cornerstone - great integration and features

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Owner / Medical Director
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cornerstone brings many advantages to our practice. It enhances our client communication, and integrates seamlessly with Idexx labs. All of our team members are able to easily learn how to use the cornerstone system. It simplifies inventory management and makes electronic record keeping a breeze. However, when issues arise with the cornerstone system it can be time consuming to address the issues.

Vorteile: I like that cornerstone is used-friendly and has many great features such as the boarding module, integration with Idexx, correspondence features and ability to automatically update prices when cost of inventory changes.

Nachteile: We often run into glitches that affect various aspects of the Cornerstone system from time to time. When we call customer support, we often have to be transferred between multiple people. However, even though we have a case number we have to explain the situation from the beginning to each new person we walk to. Also, updates are very time consuming.

von Idexx Laboratories an 22.1.2019

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Good to hear that you're finding Cornerstone easy to use and that integration and client communication are pluses for your team.

Cornerstone Practice Management

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Kay W.
Hospital Manager
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love working in Cornerstone.

Vorteile: Very user friendly. Very flexible, no matter what you need to do, there is usually a way to do it in Cornerstone. If you can't find it, just call. Very fast response and issue resolved with one call.

Nachteile: Was used to using Better Choice before we got Cornerstone. Wish CS would pop up a message that client record was in use on another screen without appearing to be open. Too many employees disregard the message and because it looks like record is open, they try to add to it which causes problems. Have found a way to deal with this, but wish CS did not even allow it to happen. That was how it was with Better Choice.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Kay, glad to hear that you love working in Cornerstone (it's quite fond of you too). We put a lot of work into making it flexible and easy to use, and it means a lot to know that's helping the team at Kilgore. Please share your suggestion regarding the message about the client record being in use by another user the next time you call in to Customer and Technical Support. We review every piece of user feedback, and put dozens of user-requested features into every new release.

Gold Standard

Bewertet am 7.12.2018
Chris V.
Hospital Manager
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been so impressed with Cornerstone Practice Management that we have been part of their beta test group for the last 2 years. Unlike most software upgrades, Cornerstone upgrades actually make our jobs easier. As I posted earlier, the ease and intuitive nature of the software gives me and our staff more time to do different things, whether better care for our patients and clients or simply a time for staff to take a break from their day because they are not immersed in a software that doesn't work for them.

Vorteile: What we like about Cornerstone the most is the ease and intuitive nature of the software. This cuts down on training time and allows staff to fully use Cornerstone regardless of what task they are performing, from inventory management, incorporating pictures and reports into client files to something as easy as scheduling an appointment.

Nachteile: There was an issue with a cosmetic screen color change a while back......

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

HI Chris, thanks for letting us know you and your team find Cornerstone easy to use and intuitive. Feedback like yours--including as a beta participant--is critical to making sure Cornerstone grows with your team.

I have been using cornerstone for 3 years now and it is so easy to navigate and very easy to use

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Jessica D.
RVT
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The biggest benefit we get from this software is the ability to grow our practice and improve our inventory usage

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that it is a very step by step system. If I have any questions about an icon that I am using, I just simply hit F1 and there are tutorial and other helpful information that is linked to the user manual for Cornerstone. I also appreciate the fact that other systems such as petdesk are able to communicate with one another. I have had the chance to train other staff members on Cornerstone and even teaching a new employee is easy. Managing inventory is something new our practice has included into our daily routine and now that is easy to do.

Nachteile: What I like least about cornerstone is that the inventory is at times difficult to navigate. On the flip side if I have an issue Cornerstone support is always so helpful.

von Idexx Laboratories an 17.5.2018

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your feedback, including the points about inventory. So glad to hear that Cornerstone is helping your practice grow!

Longtime Cornerstone User

Bewertet am 5.8.2016
Brian C.
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Cornerstone software for over 15 years in multiple practices. It is hands down one of the best veterinary practice information management systems on the market today. If you're looking for a software to help you take control of your practice and maximize your potential, Cornerstone will help get you there.

Vorteile: Cornerstone has features that impact all areas of practice. From integrated laboratory reporting and electronic medical records, to appointment scheduling and invoicing; Cornerstone covers everything in your practice and is designed to keep you focused and efficient in your work. Customer service is thorough and attentive and will eagerly help walk you through how to do something.

Nachteile: Visual aspects can feel a bit dated. Reporting outputs could be improved some to give greater flexibility of information.

Excellent software

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Tracy K.
Hospital Administrator
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Cornerstone is easy to learn and use. It has functions that can do almost anything you need it to. The reports feature provides you with many options. Coming from an Avimark clinic, I was afraid it would be hard to pick up Cornerstone, but it was an easy transition and I prefer it now.

Nachteile: Not really many cons that I have found so far.

von Idexx Laboratories an 21.11.2019

Hi Tracy, thanks for the review! Really pleased to hear how easy it was to convert from AVImark to Cornerstone, and that it is working so well for you and your team.

Easy to learn, easy to use

Bewertet am 26.12.2018
Michaela M.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we love the software and how easy it is to use!

Vorteile: I like that you can do most things several different ways, allowing for different type of people (who learn differently) to all find a way to get the same results but doing it in a way that makes most sense to them. I love that several other programs integrate with cornerstone to make our jobs easier. I love how easy it is for new staff members to quickly catch on.

Nachteile: I wish there were more ways to use the software with boarding, we have a large boarding facility and it still seems a little clunky and not as user friendly on the boarding and Doggie Day Camp side. I would like to see more done on that end, the ability to integrate a pre-schedule program for camp or send boarding confirmation emails like a hotel does for reservations.

von Idexx Laboratories an 22.1.2019

Thanks for the feedback Michaela, and for your suggestion about the boarding improvements. Great to hear that the ability to integrate other apps and services is making your jobs easier!

Our clinic has been a Cornerstone user for over 10 years. I find it very user friendly.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Beth C.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Reduced missed charges, more efficient-in every aspect from kennel to doctor to CSR, all the information we need is right in one place

Vorteile: I find myself saying it is idiot proof. My clinic is paper light, we use the whiteboard a lot- it has helped keep staff on task & has helped reduce the amount of missed charges greatly. We love the vet connect, as well. Everything is right in one place & we don't have papers & charts everywhere!

Nachteile: It is not as fast as I always want it to be, I don't have the patience to wait for the computer when I have things to do. I would like for a client email to print on their invoice. I would like to remove the option to pick a completed time when performing a task on the whiteboard.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Hi Beth, thanks for your detailed feedback on Cornerstone. Glad to hear how Cornerstone's diagnostic integration is helping your team eradicate paper and lost charges! Please know we're continuously working on making Cornerstone open and run faster because who has time to wait, right?

Ease of use

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Cindy H.
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: color coding appts., reports that can for generated, time clock feature, email capabilities within CS, client clip board, vet connect integration

Nachteile: not inventory friendly, not easy to set up and attach documents too many steps, need boarding module updates, seems like it takes too many "clicks" to get jobs done, would like a user friendly physical exam document with drop down options to add in our own diagnosis (like the physical exam which is no longer being supported).

von Idexx Laboratories an 23.1.2019

Hi Cindy, really appreciate your review and your feedback about what could easier. Regarding inventory, be sure to check out the resources we have on the IDEXX Learning Center: https://www.idexxlearningcenter.com/course/index.php?categoryid=60. Sorry to hear that you feel the attachment process is difficult. Did you know that before the document is finalized you can right click on it and attach files without opening the entire document? We hope this will save you some steps

SO MANY WAYS TO GET TO WALMART!

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Cornerstone offers so many ways to get the same end result. This is a blessing and a curse (with training new staff).

Nachteile: The time clock lacks all the functions we need today. No way to track PTO accruals and uses. Also the reports are not set up to be able to run the most needed reports - top inventory items in particular.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Thanks for the feedback about Cornerstone. We hear you on training staff on the best way to find information. We've got improvements coming in 2019 that will make finding key client and patient info faster and easier. Three suggestions for you in the meantime: 1) point new staff to the Cornerstone Core Functionality training on the IDEXX Learning Center, 2) recommend they use the handy F1 help feature, and 3) have them go to one of our live, local Cornerstone User Group sessions. There's no charge to attend! You can find an up-to-date listing of those at idexx.com/csusergroup. Thanks also for your suggestions about PTO accrual and reporting!

This is a computer system that can do it all. Medical record management, patient care, integration!

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
Marybeth S.
Practice Manager

Vorteile: I love the fact that the software is easy to use and easy to train. It is fully integrated with their lab and digital radiography so that all medical records are complete. It's more reliable and exact than an employee. It's so intuitive that the error is taken out of human error! Cornerstone can give me the information I need to manage a business. There are hundreds of reports that can be generated for anything I might need, from financial to marketing, to medical information!
Every update is made with the user in mind. They are constantly improving to keep us legal, help our patients and improve our bottom line.

Nachteile: What I like least is probably what makes it the best. You can get to the same place a dozen different ways. It can be confusing at times. But once trained, it's simple to navigate.

Hi MaryBeth, thank you!

Versatile

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Owner/partner
Tierarzt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software has been a vital part of our practice for many years. it is versatile and medical record templates can be customized to your preferences. Our laboratory results integrate directly with the medical record and are available from remote locations through the internet (VetconnectPlus). There are additional features that we hope to integrate soon such as signature capture to further streamline our "paper lite" practice.
Support is fantastic and readily available from Idexx.

Nachteile: Rarely, a feature we love gets lost in an upgrade and starts to glitch.

von Idexx Laboratories an 10.2.2019

Thanks for your feedback, great to hear that Cornerstone's versatility and integrations are helping you and your team! We've had a lot of practices share their success stories in going paperlite or less, and we encourage you stick with it and complete the journey. Please keep us posted!