Über FunctionFox

Rationalisiere, plane und bleibe auf Kurs. Einfache Zeiterfassung, Projektmanagement und umfassende Berichte bedeuten mehr Zeit für große Ideen.

Erfahre mehr über FunctionFox

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion.

Bewertungen zu FunctionFox

FunctionFox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 192 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FunctionFox bereits verwendet?

Ulrich
Ulrich
Doctor in Benin
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great FunctionFox !

Kommentare: A real ALL-IN-ONE! My experience with FunctionFox is just incredible. What a product! The sales process is perfect, and the time management and tracking is a real pleasure. I highly recommend it.

I like this software. In terms of project and time management, FunctionFox is the best, as well as being quick and easy to use. With a top-notch time tracking system by task, project and customer, it has a user-friendly interface. .

I can't find any drawbacks to this software. It works like a charm and makes everything easy.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you so much for the kind review Ulrich, we truly appreciate you taking the time. With gratitude from all of us here at FunctionFox!

Ashley
PR & Social Media Manager in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nothing in life is perfect... But FunctionFox is pretty darn close

Kommentare: Before, we had to collect time per client, project and task manually from consultants every week. And then compile those time reports into a collective spreadsheet. It was like pulling teeth. But with FunctionFox, all we need to do is simply track time for users in the platform, and then export a .csv spreadsheet. It's ridiculously simple and easy – and we love it.

What we like most about FunctionFox is the ease of use. It's user-friendly, pretty self-explanatory, and it has a ton of features that would come in handy for a variety of businesses. For us, specifically, time tracking by project, task and client are super important because that's how we report our time to our clients. Prior to FunctionFox, this was a daunting task and caused many stress headaches. Now, it's simple, quick and painless.

There's nothing we liked least, per se. There is a feature we wanted but wasn't exactly available. When we have a certain number of hours to use per a monthly retainer, we sometimes carry over unused hours on that retainer to the next month. There was no way to track those hours as they add up, yet not go over a certain limit.

letztes Jahr

WOW! So wonderful to hear Ashley. Thank you! :) With Gratitude.

Jim
Co-Founder, Creative Director in USA

We've Been Using FunctionFox for Almost 20 Years

Kommentare: I've been with FunctionFox for almost 20 years, which should speak for itself. It's great software with nearly 100% uptime. They also have excellent customer service.

FunctionFox has been an excellent service for our marketing agency. It's so easy to track time by employee, client, project, and task.

I wish the reporting features were a little more robust. I also wish that the retainers functionality had more offerings and didn't cut off after two years.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Jim, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate your feedback, and your ongoing support. With gratitude, Sara & the Foxes.

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
SEO Manager in Indien
E-Learning, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Streamlining Your Workflow with FunctionFox All-in-One Project Management Solution

Kommentare: FunctionFox has greatly improved my business's workflow and financial stability. Its stopwatch feature has allowed me to accurately track the time spent on each job, which has helped me to more accurately estimate jobs and bill clients. This feature alone has paid for the cost of the software and has brought more financial stability to my small business. Additionally, the new rebranded user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. Overall, I highly recommend FunctionFox for its time tracking capabilities and its ability to keep my business organized.

Function Fox offers a variety of time tracking methods, which provides designers with the flexibility to choose the method that works best for them. Although we have not fully utilized all the features, the Gantt charts are particularly useful for planning and adjusting project schedules. The software is user-friendly, and I did not have to spend time training my designers on how to use it. Function Fox also provides one-to-one live tutorials, which is a great feature for new users. Despite we are planning to hire a project manager soon, Function Fox has been a great tool for managing our projects and schedules\''

While FunctionFox is a great tool for time tracking, I have found that the backend organization of clients and projects can be confusing and difficult to navigate. Additionally, the integration options for communication with other software are limited and not user-friendly to set up. Also, updates and new features have to be added to your account by a FunctionFox representative, which can be time-consuming. Overall, the time tracking capabilities of the software are great, but the backend organization and integration options could be improved.

letztes Jahr

Hi Sarfaraz. Thanks for your detailed review. Could you kindly provide us with your mailing address - we'd love to send you a little thank you in the mail. With gratitude.

Thomas
Creative Director in USA

Excellent as always

Kommentare: I think we're nearing 10 years of using FunctionFox, and there's a reason we're still using it to this day: it's essential to tracking time, productivity and managing project expenses.

It's been a great tool for our business as we've navigated a team of 2-10 employees, especially through a global pandemic! We use it mostly for time tracking and project tracking, but it's been a great resource.

Sometimes we have issues with the Reports feature, not getting the right data or all of the data we'd like to be in a report.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you so much for the great review Thomas. We truly appreciate your feedback and loyalty as a long-term customer. With gratitude, from the FunctionFox Team.

Jaydra
President, Investigator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product, works well, does what we need

Kommentare: What a great product, it's simple, it works well, and has never failed to do what we need. The sales and onboarding process was done very well and I felt taken-care of the entire time. I highly recommend this for time-tracking.

I love the level of detail I can drill-down to with timekeeping. Once we set up our project templates and task list template, creating new projects was a breeze. Time tracking takes a couple clicks and the records everything we need to know to bill clients and run payroll. It's not overly-complicated either. It's simple and it does exactly what it needs to do.

Everything is so malleable within the system, so anything that annoyed me about the program I have been able to change - I love everything about it, I have no complaints!

letztes Jahr

Thanks so much Jaydra! 10/10. So pleased it's worked out so well for you. Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate it!

Claude
Co-owner in Kanada
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Feedback regarding Function Fox

Kommentare: I have been very impressed with the FunctionFox staff and their project management software from the very beginning of the process. The sales rep. was very knowledgeable and explained the features and benefits very clearly. The samples and tutorials were great and made the learning process kinda fun.
FunctionFox's support team are exceptional at responding to our questions and reply promptly with detailed user friendly instruction on how to take full advantage of the powerful tools and functionality. Deciding to use FunctionFox in our face paced graphic design company was a great decision. It helps us spend more time on being creative and less time retyping project names, task names, design rates etc.

The software is designed with the creative industry in mind. You can set up project names, common tasks with specific hourly rates. When it comes time invoice a project I no longer have to request time sheets from staff. I just log in to the software, select the project name within the appropriate dates and all of the information that I need is presented quickly and efficiently which makes invoicing easy.

I can honestly say that I cannot find anything wrong with this software.

Lynn
Business Operations Coordinator in USA

User Review

Like the Category Calendar view the best to gain a quick reference of the overall picture of tasks for a given month.

Under the To Do List, would prefer to see the Upcoming Actions in order with the next one coming due. Scrolling to the bottom to see the next action(s) due is annoying.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thanks for your kind comments Lynn. Are you from Chicago? We have a few Lynn P's using FunctionFox and we'd love to chat with you about the to do list actions. Thanks for your review & Feedback.

Ann
Director of Marketing in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Using FunctionFox in a small college marketing department

I love how much functionality and detail I get with FunctionFox. It has enabled workflow and increased our productivity and brand consistency so we can prioritize the most strategic, outcome-oriented projects. I love that campus users all go to a single link to request work. I cannot imagine going back to an email-based request process or a lower functioning project management system.

The learning curve was high and hard for some. The dashboard is not as intuitive in some places as we would like.

Estelle
Sustainable development consultant in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very good customer support, but not enough personalization

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Customer support is great, with personalized advice and ongoing support.

Estimated hours and fees are tied directly to the Tasks and rates. Unfortunately it’s not possible to have the Est. Hours/Est. Fees tied to personnel or the personnel rate.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi Estelle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review - your feedback is important to us! With gratitude, Tom, Sara, and everyone at FunctionFox.

Suzanne
Owner in Kanada
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

FunctionFox - Simply the best!

Kommentare: I absolutely love FUnctionFox - and insist my clients do too. Not a hard sell.

For more than 20 years, I have been recommending this product to all my professional services clients, small businesses - who need to track & bill out their time. Interior designers, architects, all manner of professional consultants. They all rave about its simplicity and ease of use, the stability of the platform, the almost instant response from support, should you ever need it. And support will actually call you!! Imagine that a live voice. As an accountant, I prefer the fact it is not integrated with accounting or billing package - nice to keep employees/consultants away from critical accounting data and - integrated time billing packages take a LOT of housekeeping and can be very confusing for front line managers. Very simple export data to excel, make manual notes/edits - /pdf attach reports as necessary. VERY simple and visual project management love it.

As I use Timefox with multiple clients, would be great to customize the screen display with different COLOURS and/or have the company name on every screen display. Minor detail.

Donna
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very User Friendly

Kommentare: This software has helped us stay on top of billable time & streamlined our billing process as well as helped with keeping on top of budgets.

This website is Web based so it's easy for everyone to access and stay connected. Very good customer service.

I do wish it was a little easier to customize the reports on my own.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thanks Donna for your kind words. Always a pleasure to work with your team.

Steve
Principal / Creative Advisor in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use with great support!

Kommentare: People and support have always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

Time tracking and project management...with service and support.

Would love an app, or more responsive site for mobile phones

letztes Jahr

Thanks so much Steve. Thank you for your kind words. We'd like to send a little something to you in the mail. Is this the Steve B from Charleston? (we have a few Steve B's) :) With gratitude Corina and the Fox team

Tim
Principal in Kanada
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

I depend on this powerful tool to manage my small business effectively

Kommentare: Using the timesheet capability has become a completely natural part of my day.
The reporting by project capability provides the essential data that allows me to prepare my invoices manually (outside of FunctionFox). For my small business, its convenience and ease of use justifies the annual cost.

Easy setup of new clients, projects, tasks and hourly rates. Very easy to pull reports of timesheets and associated fees in order to understand actuals, and use these in preparing invoices. The ability to archive past projects and even clients keeps the program from being cluttered.

I only use a small part of FunctionFox's capabilities, and I have only high praise for the parts of the software that I use.

Quelle: GetApp

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

Kommentare: For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

James
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love the task assignment feature.

Kommentare: We love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

The best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren’t in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.

As we only needed it for time tracking, we haven’t encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don’t need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.

Creative Director in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Function Fox is soooo bad. It's so out of date except for a reskinned interface.

Kommentare: I have been using Harvest for five years now and absolutely love it, but was forced to use Function Fox for another company that I contract for. The features and usability of Function Fox are just horrible. It's difficult to navigate through the system, reporting is abysmal as it only gives you an excel sheet to download. Sorting and filtering is also confusing at best and leaves out important details the list goes on and on. Why pay so much for a POS system? Oh, and did I mention they don't even have a time tracking app for your desktop and their mobile apps are so out of date that they haven't even updated their logo? Seriously, LOL. I'm not here to tout Harvest as there are other great alternatives, but I only pay $12 per month for one user on Harvest. It's an additional $10 per month per user, then it costs $50 for 5 users per month. Harvest is cheap, has a lot of great features for invoicing, estimating, and reporting, and offers lots of app integrations, PayPal and Stripe payments, and has really good time tracking apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android with additional features for invoicing and tracking reports on the go. I'm a designer, so I really appreciate the time and effort they have gone to in order to make accounting and billing intuitive and fun to use yes it's actually fun to use Harvest.

The new interface design is really nice.

Where do I start? The user navigation is confusing, it lacks reporting features available in cheaper software alternatives. There is no time tracking app for the desktop and the mobile apps are seriously out of date.

Beth
President in USA

Early adopter - ongoing lover

Kommentare: This company has had stellar customer service since day one. We rarely have problems or questions and they still check in on us regularly (but not too often) to make sure we are ok

Its easy to learn and use. The price was affordable for our firm and it has been easy to grow and shrink services to match our business needs.

Its perfect for our needs. There's really nothing I don't like.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thanks for the kind words and review Beth - we always enjoy working with you and your team and appreciate your long time loyalty and support.

Doug
Account Director in USA
Sport, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Used FunctionFox Across Three Different Companies

I have used FunctionFox for over 5+ years and have recommended it to two companies. We just switched over to it at latest company and it was a super easy and smooth transition. Customer service is fast, reliable and top quality.

No real cons that come to mind, it's an efficient, well-built software.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thanks so much Doug. We appreciate your support, referrals and long time loyalty. We're popping a little something in the mail to you.

Aera

Excellent Time Tracking Software

Kommentare: The biggest benefit we have realized over the years is when we are spending too much time on an account or project, if we need to raise our fees we have reports we can provide to clients to show how much time we are spending on their account, etc.

Software is easy to use and show staff how to use

I do not currently have anything that I do not like

Susan
President in USA
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Loyal customer

Kommentare: I have appreciated the simplicity of the product and the ease of use for my consultants.

It has stayed true to its purpose; maintained its convenience and ease of use; is very dependable; doesn't require ongoing maintenance upgrades and then the need to re-learn how to use the software.

I wish it was just a little less expensive since I only use the Time Tracking and Reports features.

Steve
Graphic Designer in Kanada
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

One of the easiest decision to help me focus on my work instead of the managing part.

Kommentare: Easy to use and the FunctionFox team is always there to help me quickly.

Time tracking and invoicing is really easy ! The weekly hours motivates me.

Nothing for now I'm really happy with the product.

Cheryl
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product!

Kommentare: I had used Function Fox at my previous employer and when I started with this architect firm they were tracking time another way and it was very easy for me to convince them to make the switch. I'm so glad because it has made my job so much easier here!

Very simple to learn and use. You can customize reports for your specific needs. Cost is very affordable. Customer Support - outstanding!

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Robert
Owner in
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Function helped me increase my monthly billings by 25%.

Kommentare: The support has been outstanding and someone quickly responds to questions and offers personalized help.
They have built a great team and it is a joy to work with them

The site is easy to use, and after a couple of months, it cut my billing time down to a couple of hours. The ability to quickly show a client a list of billing actives listed by date, demonstates how the time was spent and has emilinated billing adjustments.

Like any new system it took a short period of adjustment, but the learning curve is minimal. I have not had any negatives .

Siobhan
Traffic Manager in
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great PM resource for small team

This system is perfect for small teams to track all of their projects, create schedules, and run status reports!

They recently made an update and removed a key feature for our team. There is a feature called Flink where we were able to send emails regarding the project to anyone. Since the entire department doesnt have access this was a fantastic feature that was taken away and they definitely need to bring it back. Our files our too large to upload to the system so for our teams use not having that easy email feature causes more work.