FunctionFox Erfahrungen

Über FunctionFox

Rationalisiere, plane und bleibe auf Kurs. Einfache Zeiterfassung, Projektmanagement und umfassende Berichte bedeuten mehr Zeit für große Ideen.

Erfahre mehr über FunctionFox

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion.

Bewertungen zu FunctionFox

FunctionFox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 166 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FunctionFox bereits verwendet?

Travis
Travis
Director of Business Development in USA

Great Software to keep track of hours and projects

We have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!

It took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.

Lynn
Business Operations Coordinator in USA

User Review

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Like the Category Calendar view the best to gain a quick reference of the overall picture of tasks for a given month.

Under the To Do List, would prefer to see the Upcoming Actions in order with the next one coming due. Scrolling to the bottom to see the next action(s) due is annoying.

vor 2 Wochen

Thanks for your kind comments Lynn. Are you from Chicago? We have a few Lynn P's using FunctionFox and we'd love to chat with you about the to do list actions. Thanks for your review & Feedback.

Director of Marketing Technology in USA

Limited Use Cases, I Would Go Elsewhere

Kommentare: We use this tool to track projects and our task/actions with for our clients. It does neither well. The tool is very bulky and not a great interface. It does not make tracking tasks easy, and managing my teams hours isn't a fun or easy task due to this tool

If you're using just for projects, than this tool is OK. It also CAN do task management and gantt chart tracking. It also can track your tasks that you are doing.

Pretty much everything. It is a bulky interface that doesn't do anything better or as well as their competitors. The tool doesn't make it easy to track retainers, actions, tasks, projects, etc.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience and would like to make it right. Please provide your company details as we'd love to give you a refund/credit on your account given your dissatisfaction. Please contact me directly - Corina Ludwig - President of FunctionFox - corina@functionfox.com - 866.369.8463 ext 100

Ashley
Freelancer in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

I don't think I could live without it!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: FunctionFox has revolutionized my time tracking and billing process. I seriously don't think I could live without it. It has become such a vital part of my work process that I have it open all day, every day as I work to track my work time and review project priorities for the day/week.

I love the stopwatch timer for tracking my time as I work on projects each day. Having this feature has allowed me to bill for every single minute I work instead of letting things fall through the cracks. Then, at the end of the month when I am ready to invoice, I can quickly and easily produce reports for each client that show details for each task I have completed.

I can't think of anything I would do to improve this. It is amazing!

letzten Monat

Ashley - what a great testimonial. Thank you for your kindness.

Carter
Carter
Marketing Manager in USA

Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App

Kommentare: FunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.

FunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.

We ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.

Ann
Vice President in USA

We LOVE Timefox/Function Fox

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: First, the customer service is amazing. They are responsive and have always been able to answer questions and solve issues (user error) that we've had quickly and in a super-friendly manner. We love the product because it's easy to use, keeps us well organized, and and on track with projects and billing. Thanks, Function Fox!

We love the simplicity of the software interface, how user-friendly it is and that it's an app we can take anywhere we want.

We can't think of one. Hmm. Nope. We have literally had no issues or downtime or other problems. Maybe that there are so many cool features we haven't tried out yet...but that's on us!

vor 2 Wochen

Thanks so much for your kind review Ann. Is this the Ann from Las Vegas? we have a few Ann's :) Assuming so - We love working with you and your team

Julie
Owner in Kanada

Couldn't do without this product

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: FunctionFox has been part of our business for over 20 years. This is an app that has grown with us. Their service team is always quick to response and help us make the best use of the product and open to suggestions. This is one service we couldn't do without.

Easy to use, tier access to functionalities, quick and trackable time, job costs and invoicing.

Cannot think of any negative feedback at this time

vor 2 Wochen

HOLY WOW! Thank you Julie! We have always enjoyed working with you and are grateful for your support over 20+ years. thank you for your kind testimonial.

Mary
designer/owner in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Very helpful software for our very small business

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I am keeping track of billable time much better than without it.

keeping track of time for various projects

can't think of anything. You're not going to get this submission requiring all this information

letzten Monat

WOW! Thanks for your kind review Mary. We're thankful it's helping you keep track of billable time much better!

Warren
Director in Rumänien
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best time tracking software by far!

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Better quoting and invoicing, less time lost.

Super easy to use. You just start using it, simple. Great reporting features.

CEO desktop provides a great snapshot of all customers and project status.

vor 2 Wochen

Wow thanks for the kind FOX LOVE Warren! Very much appreciate your support and kindness and love of the product.

Jake
President in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software, perfect for agencies and consultancies

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It's great. I'm very happy with the system and customer service.

Easy to use, great reporting, clean interface.

Inability to completely delete past projects.

vor 4 Wochen

Hi Jake. Thanks so much for your kind review. We'll be sending you a little thanks in the mail.

Claude
Co-owner in Kanada

Feedback regarding Function Fox

Kommentare: I have been very impressed with the FunctionFox staff and their project management software from the very beginning of the process. The sales rep. was very knowledgeable and explained the features and benefits very clearly. The samples and tutorials were great and made the learning process kinda fun.
FunctionFox's support team are exceptional at responding to our questions and reply promptly with detailed user friendly instruction on how to take full advantage of the powerful tools and functionality. Deciding to use FunctionFox in our face paced graphic design company was a great decision. It helps us spend more time on being creative and less time retyping project names, task names, design rates etc.

The software is designed with the creative industry in mind. You can set up project names, common tasks with specific hourly rates. When it comes time invoice a project I no longer have to request time sheets from staff. I just log in to the software, select the project name within the appropriate dates and all of the information that I need is presented quickly and efficiently which makes invoicing easy.

I can honestly say that I cannot find anything wrong with this software.

Meredith
Director of Operations in USA
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It won't make you lunch, but it does everything else.

Kommentare: We use Function Fox to keep track of our team's time and to quote future projects. The reporting gives us insight into areas we need to improve or quote differently. The system provides us with a big picture view of our workload along with the granular data for digging into the details. So far, I haven't found anything it cannot do, except make me lunch. :) To make the most of the software, I think it's wise to have a dedicated project manager on staff, although our designers embraced it fairly quickly and enter their own actions and other data.

Function Fox provides several ways to track time, so designers have their choice of methods. Even though we don't use it like we should (we're hiring a project manager soon), the Gantt charts are awesome for planning out a project and adjusting schedules as needed. I don't have to train my designers how to use it; Function Fox provides one-to-one live tutorials.

The user interface is not as user-friendly or aesthetically pleasing as some of the other products.

PHILIP
Creative Director in USA
Verpackung und Container, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Design Resource Tool

Kommentare: Outstanding product!

I started using this product about 15 years ago. It is a great tool for tracking projects, time, sales dollars vs. time spent per account and many other measurables. It is the best tool I have found that allows Design and sales management to objectively measure the return on design resources spent. The data collected has been immensely helpful to management, and this is the 4th organization that I have introduced to the tool!

None! Very easy to implement and use, for graphics and structure.

Donna
Office Manager in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Very User Friendly

Kommentare: This software has helped us stay on top of billable time & streamlined our billing process as well as helped with keeping on top of budgets.

This website is Web based so it's easy for everyone to access and stay connected. Very good customer service.

I do wish it was a little easier to customize the reports on my own.

Antwort von FunctionFox

Thanks Donna for your kind words. Always a pleasure to work with your team.

Brenda
Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

FunctionFox for Architects

Kommentare: My billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.

I have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.

Still waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.

Frank
Manager in Kanada
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful and works well

Kommentare: I went from manually compiling labor from paper timecards, which was difficult for me to keep on top of and employees didn't do as good a job as they should have with their timecards. Switching to FunctionFox instantly brought an about face. The monthly cost is more than offset by the time I save in the office, not to mention all the things that were not getting billed on the old system. I can't recommend it enough, even for very small businesses. The system is very powerful, but I just use the basic features.

The software has finally freed me from the nightmare that is paper timecards. It's much easier to track labor hours and details on projects.

It's not always intuitive to find and use features that I don't regularly use, but if I get stuck, the support is always very good and they are quick to answer the phone.

vor 5 Monaten

WOW! thanks for the kind feedback Frank. we appreciate your review and kind details.

Ann
Director of Marketing in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Using FunctionFox in a small college marketing department

I love how much functionality and detail I get with FunctionFox. It has enabled workflow and increased our productivity and brand consistency so we can prioritize the most strategic, outcome-oriented projects. I love that campus users all go to a single link to request work. I cannot imagine going back to an email-based request process or a lower functioning project management system.

The learning curve was high and hard for some. The dashboard is not as intuitive in some places as we would like.

Tim
Principal in Kanada
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

I depend on this powerful tool to manage my small business effectively

Kommentare: Using the timesheet capability has become a completely natural part of my day.
The reporting by project capability provides the essential data that allows me to prepare my invoices manually (outside of FunctionFox). For my small business, its convenience and ease of use justifies the annual cost.

Easy setup of new clients, projects, tasks and hourly rates. Very easy to pull reports of timesheets and associated fees in order to understand actuals, and use these in preparing invoices. The ability to archive past projects and even clients keeps the program from being cluttered.

I only use a small part of FunctionFox's capabilities, and I have only high praise for the parts of the software that I use.

Brian
President in USA

Effective timekeeping for an agency of eight

The automatic timer is a real plus for most of our staff. The reports function is very robust and affords analysis 8 ways from Sunday. Its daily time entry/timekeeping simplicity has curbed many of our staff's bad habit of waiting until the end of the month to enter time based only on notes and emails. This means greater accuracy, more timely billing options and faster cashflow. Plus our account managers can gather and configure their own reporting for their clients without involving our administrator. Perhaps best of all is Function Fox's lightning fast support and customer service. Best in the business from the tech support perspective and the knowledgeable assistance from our sales rep.

The only drawback is that it cannot be integrated, or the data cannot be exported, into several of the popular accounting apps. We handle that manually which takes a few extra strokes to generate billing, but the other advantages far outweigh that shortcoming.

Quelle: GetApp

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

Kommentare: For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

James
CEO in USA

Love the task assignment feature.

Kommentare: We love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

The best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren’t in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.

As we only needed it for time tracking, we haven’t encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don’t need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.

Heather
Creative Director in USA

A great Time & Expense tracking tool for small-ish agencies and freelancers

Kommentare: more accurate billing

I implemented this software when I owned my own agency of 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff. It helped tremendously to track the time spent on projects and more accurate billing. No more paper time sheets! I always had accurate data when a Client asked "how much time do we have into this". They have great customer service and is fairly reasonable in price even for smaller shops. Reporting is robust. Pretty user-friendly.

It's missing the Project Management piece. At least in tracking To Do's like Basecamp does. I wish I could have 1 software that does both of these things.

Jacquie
Project Manager in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung

Use FunctionFox and Make Life Easier

As an Account Manager/Office Manager I can't imagine how I would get through my day without FunctionFox. I use the action function weekly to prepare for our Monday traffic meetings and keep this up-to-date throughout the week, so I always know the status of my client projects. Running reports for monthly billing and using the invoicing tool has saved hours of time! The ability to run current client reports as well as reports from archived jobs allows me to see how time was spent, capturing billable time and expenses, and is also a great tool in preparing estimates. As easy as it is to use, if you do need help, the customer service at FunctionFox is unbeatable! Signing up for FunctionFox is one decision you absolutely won't regret.

Really there is nothing I don't like about FunctionFox it's a great product and fulfills the requirements I use it for.

Helen
Studio Manager in UK
Grafikdesign, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Super Simple CRM Solution

We love this software, it's quick, easy and very cost effective. We easily input our data into it, the fields are all editable so is bespoke to us. We haven't had to ask for much support as the software is so easy to use, but when we did the help was fast, helpful and friendly. Function Fox has made the studio run far more efficiently, team members can book jobs in quickly and time sheets are super fast. The retainer option has been really useful too, we can also report on staff productivity and ensure timesheets are being filled out.

Having worked with the software for a few months I cannot find any flaws with it, we researched many CRM software solutions and most were too expensive or too complex for our needs, Function Fox gives us the option to have a basic CRM system with add-ons available if we want to expand features.

Jeremie
Owner in Kanada

FunctionFox Keeps Project Management for Creative Teams Simple

Kommentare: We have used FunctionFox for time and expense tracking for over 15 years. I am an early adopter and have been blown away by their consistent customer service. Their team of great people support this solid product.

Great UI, very intuitive for designers and account people. Timesheets are painless and now our expenses don’t slip through the cracks. Absolutely pays for itself. Everything an ad agency or design firm needs!

Can’t think of anything. Whenever there was an issue, they have listened to our suggests and continue to improve the product.