Über Checkfront

Verwalte die Bestände online, zentralisiere die Reservierungen, wickle Zahlungen ab und erhalte einen einheitlichen Zugang zu führenden Vertriebskanälen.

Erfahre mehr über Checkfront

Can do everything you can imagine. Ideal solution for complex booking questions.

Bewertungen zu Checkfront

Checkfront hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 281 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Checkfront bereits verwendet?

Online Business Director in Ungarn
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Long-time user, and a happy one.

Kommentare: We are a sightseeing tour operator company and we have been using Checkfront late 2018. We have explored other options thoroughly and this is still the one we like the most after several years.

After years of use, my favorite thing about Checkfront is the helpful support team. They always provide detailed, competent and helpful answers.

Our only real issue is that they seem to be falling behind on channel integration (especially OTA's) compared to other reservation systems. But the functionality and usability of existing features is very good.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Rezdy, FareHarbor und TrekkSoft

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: Price, functionality

Zuvor genutzte Software: Regiondo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Overall cost is way lower than any other system we've explored that has this kind of functionality that can integrate into our operations smoothly, without having to make uncomfortable compromises.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! I agree, our Support team really is outstanding :) Additionally, thank you for your feedback on our OTA's. We know that this is something our Product team is aware of and will be looking to improve once we strengthen our foundations further.

Rebecca H.
Manager in USA

Absolutely love Checkfront

Kommentare: When we first started out we took reservations in a paper book....yes you read correctly, on paper...knowing there had to be a better way I researched different software to use. Since then we have been so happy with Checkfront. The support from their team has been amazing. From setting us up to answering my everyday questions, their team is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend them to anyone.

We have been with check front for 7 years now and we love everything about it. It's simple to use, training new employees to use it is easy, the booking process just flows nicely so it makes sense. Customers also compliment us on how simple and straightforward it is to use. I also feel like they are there when I need them to help me out with any issues I'm having.

I would like to use the waivers section but it didn't quite work for our set up. There's a couple of little things that would be nice to be able to do with the calendar etc. I also which the app was a bit more useful. I usually always send suggestions in when I come across something that I think would be beneficial for everyone.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Checkfront is similar to us, it's a small company focused on taking care of its employees and gives a damn about the world. I get calls constantly from so many other companies trying to get us to switch but I just don't see why I would when we are so happy. I know there are different options but we also like that fact that we pay a once a year subscription fee and then our customers don't have extra random "fees" when they book - I dislike hidden fees like that when I book so I don't want my customers to experience that!

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for such kind words! We too value having a small local team, much like you, Rebecca! Please keep sending in those suggestions! We truly do appreciate them :)

André H.
Director of Operations in Finnland
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Overall Poor, but with Some Plus Points

Checkfront is fairly easy to use and offers you the possibility to set it up for a multitude of product types, such as transportation, restaurant reservations and experiences. The ability for customers to pay directly on an invoice with various payment methods is neat. For a small business, Checkfront does the job.

Reporting is poor and does not offer many customisation options. Not being able to assign a guide for an experience shows that this software lacks basic functionality. Employee scheduling in such an app is a must. It doesn't have to replace an employee scheduling software, but one should be able to directly assign an employee to an item on the schedule. The widgets on the dashboard didn't really provide relevant information for day-to-day operations. The daily summary list does not offer a great overview on the day's happenings and looks rather messy. Customer support was very average, more often than not. I never really felt that Checkfront took an interest in our business. We were planning on adding more than 10 users and were asked to pay a large sum, yearly and in advance. At this point, we decided it was time to move on.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Because FareHarbor was not available in Europe at the time. Checkfront seemed like the best alternative.

Joel S.
Joel S.
Gerente de E-Business in Mexiko
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Han sido un gran apoyo en nuestro crecimiento.

Kommentare: Wow! ya ha sido muchos años de uso, al principio es difícil decidir porque ello impacta directamente las posibles ventas de tu negocio, pero sin duda alguna hice la mejor elección y es muy adaptable, quizá el más adaptable para quién busca hacer un sitio web de turismo.

Que es muy intuitivo, fácil implementación y adecuación.

Si tuviera un punto débil sería que no es multimoneda, pero esto es un problema en todas las otras ofertas, es más un tema legal bancario que de ellos como desarrolladores de software, estaría genial tener precios en pesos, dólares o cualquier otra divisa sin tener una cuenta diferente por divisa.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Peek PRO Tour Operator Software, FareHarbor, TrekkSoft und Bokun

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: No sirve Bokun y no me gusta que me cobren comisión por venta, además no creo que sea inteligente darle la data de mis clientes y productos a TripAdvisor.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Bokun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Las mejores funciones y flexibilidad, cero comisión por venta.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Joel, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it :) As for Multi-Currency, you are correct this is something that requires a lot of legal review and the right connections internationally with banking and taxes. However, we do have a way to display a different currency and charge in your system currency. Which is a step in that direction. If you would like to learn more about that feature, please reach out to our Support team, or our knowledge base.

Eugene U.
Owner in Kanada
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use for our customers and has increased online sales

Kommentare: Great experience and great customer service. Very helpful when we need trouble shooting.

The interface is very easy to use and straight forward for our customers. This software has definitely increased and enhanced our online booking procedures.

The system is very robust and there is definitely a bit of a learning curve on the back end, but once you figure it out it's easier to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ROLLER

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: There were some really good things with Party Center as well, but was missing some specific features for our particular business.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Party Center Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Checkfront was recommended by another business in our similar industry.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Eugene! Thank you for your review! You are right, we are quite robust and definitely require a learning curve as you've mentioned! We have started to implement more in-app tutorials for new accounts to hopefully help with this in the future! All the best,

Online Business Director (former) in Ungarn
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great value and functionality, excellent support

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great, would 100% recommend to any business operating some type of activity, tour, rental etc.

Checkfront is an easy-to-use reservation system that can be customized very well to fit the needs of almost any type of activity or experience provider. It's excellent value comes from the fact that it only has a monthly fee and no extra per booking or per user etc which can literally save you thousands of Euros per year compared to other products that often have lesser or similar functionality. The support team is also worth mentioning, they are always quick and friendly and looking to provide good solutions.

The number of OTA integrations could be higher and feature requests could be handled more quickly but other than that it's excellent.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Rezdy, FareHarbor und TrekkSoft

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: Checkfront has better functionality AND saved us thousands of Euros per year that we paid to Regiondo for percentage-based fees after bookings that came in through our very own website.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Regiondo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Better functionality, better value, and some other potential good choices were simply not available in our region.

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Mátyás! We appreciate your review and the time you took to submit it :) We are so glad that we are an easy-to-use system for you. Your feedback on OTA's and other requests will be shared with our teams. Thank you for choosing Checkfront!

Daniel S.
President in Kanada

Great Booking Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We run a glamping business and have been using Checkfront for 3 years and it works great. The initial set up was a bit of a slog as we have an complex booking system, but it all works well. The team at CheckFront is always very responsive and helpful - with written suggestions and video walk-throughs for set up issues.

There is a lot of flexibility in the this product, with many features. Developed by a small Canadian company, that is very responsive to questions and feature requests. Very supportive with assistance for technical issues in my set up.

With all the features and parameters to set up, there is lots of things that can get out of lineament. Sometimes I will spend hours trying to puzzle out why something that I have set up does not work as it should. The team at CheckFront is always great is helping me get it fixed.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Anytime Booking

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: Wix is not set up to track the kinds of information that we needed to track in our booking system.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Wix

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Canadian company that could handle everything that we needed it to do - including tent bookings, classes, activities, and special events (plus our currency and taxes). Lots of report and connections to major software tools.

Brenda D.
Director in UK
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Very responsive customer care

Kommentare: Very positive experience with Checkfront - nothing seems to be a problem, always supportive response from Support staff. Really very happy with product and overall support.

The software has many really useful functions e.g. waivers; group waivers; integration with Xero. The developements in terms of the calendar and manifest are great improvements but little tweaks in layout would declutter the view. Some of the details functionality is brilliant - often not easy to find how to do something but just ask the Support folks and they usually have a very neat solution to offer. The customer support is fantastic, so responsive and are very wiling to take a suggestion/issue back to the developers.

Find the Inventory calendar a bit cluttered and the mobile app could be done with a little refinement in terms of daily manifest. Integration with Xero needs a little refinement - would be excellent if an admin could choose which Payment Methods are integrated, at the moment every transaction creates a Xero invoice which is not always appropriate (e.g. gift vouchers, cash, face-to-face card payments) so there can be quite a bit of voiding in Xero to correct position. The Partner Accounts are too restrictive for the way we work with our partners so we had to provide User accounts to provide the functionality.

Souheil B.
Souheil B.
Manager in Frankreich
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy software for Booking Tourist Activities / invoice

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: - I decided to say with checkfront, because their team is very helpful, there is a community and a forum to get inspired, to get help if you are a beginner in the tourism industry

+ All in one place : Booking / customers / invoices + You can customize every detail of the Activity you are selling to your customers + The support team listens to your needs

- During covid, the hibernation plan means that your website goes offline

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Peek PRO Tour Operator Software und Booking Experts

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Because the sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took the time to understand my needs, and anwser all my question. After my free trial, Checkfront is making me win a lot of time with invoicing and booking management

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Souheil, We appreciate your honest review of Checkfront. I am glad to hear you are liking it. Your feedback on the Hibernation will be shared with our teams. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Sue T.
Founder in Australien
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Checkfront delivers

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: very good

Ease of loading product, and customer support

More customisation,and widget rendering

Capt rob J.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My love affair with Checkfront

Kommentare: I like the expert advise and help. Your support staff needs to be congratulated.

if Checkfront was not available for me, I would be drowning in a sea of paperwork. For example, I started using the documentations app two years ago. It has allowed us to develop a social distancing booking system, that is touchless and COVID approved. After an initial setup and learning process, our customer response has been very positive because we have eliminated the paperwork "Hassel" at the boarding gate. It has cut our boarding time in half because all the insurance required documentation is now done at their home or office. It has eliminated filing of the paperwork. It has made documentation look up easier.

I have been with Checkfront for almost 10 years. They have eliminate many of my concerns. However, currently my discount codes do not work like they use to. When I use multiple discounts on the same invoice. For example, I might have 3 or 4 rental booking on the same invoice, representing 3 to 4 days of rental for that week. We offer a 25% discount on weekday rentals and a 10% rental on weekends. I should be able to have different discount rates for each booking by using the "per item" discount code. Unfortunately, it does not work that way. The total is the same but the software prorates the discount on all items on the invoice. This is very confusing to my customer.

vor 5 Monaten

Captain Rob! What an outstanding and honest review! We are so happy to hear that we have taken away from all the paper work, and helped during the COVID transition. We really appreciate your feedback on our Discounts and will be sharing this. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront :)

Lucy W.
Director in Neuseeland
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great System & Exceptional Service for my Rental Business

Kommentare: That said considering Checkfront is relatively inexpensive for what they offer and it's not a custom built program I can't really fault them. Some people complain about various needs not being met but unless you want to pay big dollars for a custom package you can't expect to have all your wish list met. I'm in the processes of resolving this by having my developer use Checkfront's API to integrate into my website. One of the things we're doing is adding Delivery and Collection as a separate step in the booking process. We've been very happy with Checkfront. I can't even imagine trying to run my business without them.

I have used Checkfront for five years and the service has always been outstanding. They always reply very quickly to my emails. I've phoned them a couple of times but really there's no need to phone as their email response is so good. It also means you have a record of what's discussed. Having an inventory based rental system that allows my customers to book online and keep stock updated keeps me ahead of the competition. I love the customised notifications that are specific to the items booked. The free add-ons are amazing. Being able to link to my accounting software makes life simple.

You have to keep a very close eye on products being returned. If something isn't returned it's very easy for it to "fall off the system" if it's not noticed on the due date. It would be good to be able to scan items back in or at the very least for the item to remain on the desktop until it's been checked off. I understand Checkfront are working on this. The only other concern for us has been that delivery and collection has to be booked as an actual item and not offered at Checkout. Our customers are confused by this no matter how many prompts we add. I believe it's because customers are used to an online retails experience where it is common practice for Delivery to offered after items have been selected and you are at the final stages before payment.

Judi L.
CEO in USA
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront Booking Engine

Kommentare: Using Check-front as my online booking engine. Great tech support. Tech Support is friendly, knowledgeable, and usually very quick to reply.

The software is great value for the money. Best out there in my opinion. Great telephone software support during the set-up/onboarding. Ongoing support via email is extremely good, with tech support promptly replying with step-by-step detailed explanations and screen videos of how to address the issues.

1. For vacation rental managements, this software in it's current version is very awkward & time consuming to update rates, descriptions, etc if the property falls in more than one category, such as a being 4 bedroom, ski-in/ski-out, base area location, private hot tub & pet friendly. For each category, rates need to be added for that property each time a rate change or new set of dates is added. It seems to be that there should be a main listing that communicates with each of the categories the property is listed under. In the initial set-up, an "alias" can be used, but once the property is up, new rates, fees, taxes, etc have to be added to the property in each category it is listed under. Takes way too much time to do things this way. Needs to be an option to "link" the same property throughout each category it is listed in so rate adjustments can be done with just one entry. 2. Wish they had ongoing telephone support though the email support works well 3. Wish Checkfront had calendar connections with other vacation rental sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking.com and so one so once a reservation is made on one site, all the other booking calendars updated at the same time.

Nick M.
Nick M.
Owner in Australien

Checkfront review by Cairns Holiday Homes

Kommentare: Overall, it's a terrific system. Discovering how good it is takes time and frustration. Going from manual pricing to online quoting taught me that the human brain can do things so much more easily than an automated system which has its limits. It took me a while to figure out what I could do and could not do in the pricing possibilities that I could offer. Having said that, the Checkfront system is pretty damn impressive in what it can do but a slog to find out the limitations.

The invoicing and notification system is excellent. It allows for a sequence of events - the initial request and removal of item from inventory, the paying of a deposit and the sending out of a reminder for the balance. It has also allowed us to record bookings that come from another listing site. The notification system is good but , as with with all automatic sequences, you need to think carefully before setting a sequence in train because the same message notification might not be right for everyone. It takes a lot of thought to set up the generic sequence that will most often be used. However, it is very easy to make adjustments to the message before it goes out.

Checkfront may be used more for booking tours rather than holiday homes but it's flexibility allows for many different set-ups. Therein lies the problem with regard to the help pages. They are quite helpful with regard to what any particular feature is but most examples tend to be about booking tours rather than accommodation. I spent a lot of time working out what I could do and how I should do it, more or less by trial and error. In some ways that is a good thing because I learnt so much more about the system by the sheer repetition of trying so many ways to do something. However, it would have saved me a lot of time to have some real examples of how to set up and overcome particular problems. So far, I have only two irritations with the software. One is the mobile phone app which could be much improved but is not actually a bother because I really do not need to carry my office in my pocket. The other is the Inventory calendar. I wish I could highlight the row that I am working on because it is very easy to start making alterations to the wrong row. I also wish that I could highlight a period of time to add or remove a property from inventory. You can only do that one day at a time which is tedious and non-intuitive. There are other ways round this and perhaps there is a good programming reason for the limitation.

Melissa P.
Experience Broker in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Haliburton Forest Review on Checkfront

Kommentare: Overall, we have been extremely satisfied and find that checkfront has more benefits than cons, but it would be nice if the cons could be improved. We have only been using checkfront for a little over a year and couldn't ask for an easier program to use. It has definitely improved how we manage our reservations and are constantly learning about new features and how others work.

This is very user friendly, both on the back end/set up side as well as the user side. The reservation system we used to use is extremely limited. We love that we can create a reservation and easily make changes. Our old system was not as user friendly and we would have to delete a reservation and re-create it even if we wanted to something as simple as change a date.

The website version is awesome, but the mobile app is not as user friendly as we would like and we are not thrilled with the reports. For the app, we are unable to check booking documents or update the reservations. That's great that we can check them in, but if they need to add a feature or change their dates at time of check in, we have to switch over to the web version, then switch back for payment. Which is another issue. We have connected checkfront with square, and a lot of the payments don't register with checkfront, so we have to first take the payment, and then record the payment. Very frustrating. We already had a few issues with the checkfront reports, which we have been able to work around, but now that we have connected to square, we are finding it extremely difficult to balance and now our bookkeeper has to refer to multiple reports, which of course does not help. One huge thing that would help is that our items in checkfront be able to communicate with square directly. Right now they convert over and say 'Custom Amount'. In one square report the booking id is referenced, but not others. Very, very frustrating. But if an item, like snowmobile passes, could actually transfer over as snowmobile passes, that would be huge. There are a few other issues, but those are the main setbacks we have currently.

Dylan S.
Red Star Guy in Australien
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront Has Changed The Game

Kommentare: Overall our experience with Checkfront has been hugely positive. The support provided by the team throughout the customisation process was always fast, easy to understand and tailor made for me.

After operating our business for years without an online, pre-paid bookings system we had no idea of the positive impact Checkfront would have, not just for our business but for our lives. Red Star Music is a recording studio and rehearsal spaces and there was initial concern that introducing this type of system would 'scare away', deter or frustrate existing customer but to our surprise, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been a win/win situation for everyone. Pros for customers: * No longer have to rely on getting in touch with us to book and check availability. * No longer have to request invoices. * Checkfront with the addition of digital access to the spaces means we are able to be open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Pros for us: * Protection from financial losses due to people not showing up for bookings, cancelling last minute and refusing to pay. With Checkfront's pre-paid system and our compulsory terms of agreement, the responsibility is placed entirely on the customers to organise themselves. * Protection from human error during the bookings process (on our part). * We are now open 24hrs/7 days a week and no longer are required to have onsite staff members collecting payment whenever there are bookings. * We have more time to focus on other aspects of the business and our lives rather than having to be on call around the clock. Our phones are very quiet these days and we have more bookings than ever.

Understanding that our needs are fairly complicated when it comes to a customised bookings system, there are really only a few very minor things: It'd be nice to be able to set a rule that a certain time slot booking can only be booked when another before it is in place. For example - we'd like to run a 2hr discount session from 9-11pm as a gap filler on week days but we only want customers to be able to book that session if a 5-9pm session is already booked so that we aren't blocking a potential 4hr 7-11pm, higher value session. Does that make sense? No biggie though! There are a couple of things with the mobile app however: 1. If I'm away and I want to check tomorrow's bookings on my phone to see whether I need to be there or not, I can open the app and see in the list of customers from earliest to latest (top to bottom), but I have to tap into each individual customer to see what time they are actually booked, making it difficult for me to get and overall visual of how I'm going to organise the day, hire gear etc. 2. I often want to be able to contact customers when I'm away to give them instructions but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to access contact details, phone/email for the bookings in the mobile app. Being able to tap copy their phone numer and send a quick text would make life much easier.

VP of Outreach & Marketing in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Versatile, Cost-Effective Platform with Good Customer Support

Kommentare: Checkfront helped us migrate from a very inefficient reservations system (email and paper) to one that is largely automated and this has vastly improved our customer experience, saved us a lot of staff time, and given us better tools to manage and understand our business. As a small non-profit tour operator with tight margins, we are not only very happy with Checkfront's pricing structure, but also grateful that they offer a non-profit discount. In spite of a few limitations, overall we are very happy with Checkfront and have been using it for 3+ years.

Checkfront is very affordable relative to other tour booking platforms (they charge a flat annual fee rather than a percentage of sales - which I believe is the fair way to operate), and it works great for many purposes. There are lots of options for customization, and it is easy to learn how to configure and manage the platform using Checkfront's tutorials and documentation. There are lots of helpful integrations (Stripe, PayPal, Google Analytics, etc.) that are easy to set up. Checkfront support is always very responsive and helpful.

Checkfront is designed to work across many types of booking environments including hotels, hourly tours, daily tours, weekly tours, etc. Because these types of businesses have different needs, Checkfront balances those but, in my experience, isn't perfect for any one type of business. As a tour operator, sometimes we have needed to come up with workarounds to meet our specific needs or live with certain shortcomings. Checkfront support is always helpful, but if there is a feature that you need, the best you can do is submit a "feature request" and hope that enough other people request the same feature for development.

Anne G.
Owner in Kanada
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use booking software made in Canada

The software is easy to use for clients and staff alike. As a result, we spend less time answering emails and the phone as people book themselves in. I also love that the company is based in Canada, and that the team is very responsive and the software is constantly developed. There is an affordable option if you just wanted to get started with booking software that does not break the bank.

A few very specific things would be great to straighten out. For example, we offer 2 different overnight tours - the 2-day Seal Cove Adventure and the 3-day Cape Chignecto Adventure. We cannot run those tours parallel or overlapping - it is either one or the other -, so we set the availability to 0 by hand in the inventory the other tour every time an overnight tour gets booked. This way, however, we also have to block out the day before to ensure no overlapping tour gets booked even though in reality the date is available as the last day of a potential trip that starts earlier. It's not a huge impact, but we might loose a few bookings to this. Also, we cannot accept single bookings for tours where nobody else is booked on yet as we require a minimum of 2 guests for any tour to run. We have set the booking form (at least for the overnight tours) so that the field 'Adults' is automatically filled with the number 2. We do, however, accept single bookings if other people are booked on already, and we also would accept a pair of Adult/Child as a minimum. I wonder whether there is a way to streamline this.

Emanuel S.
Digital Media Manager in UK
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront is the revolution for small/medium businesses, with an outstanding Customer Service !

Kommentare: Great, because even if not perfect Checkfront helps you improve your business and has the great quality to listen to their customers trying to help everyone with their own demands! this is priceless!

The flexibility. You are in the condition to bend the software depending on your demand. And this is great! Another GREAT quality is not the software but relate to that and is the customer service. one of the best I even dealt with. every time you have a doubt they are responsive and always will help you at the best of their abilities to achieve your goal. is this an ENORMOUS quality!

It's not totally optimized for a business like ours that sells cruise, there are software that give you the possibility to have a graphic visual of the boat with all the cabins. but Checkfront is young and I'm sure that in the future these features will be implemented!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: because for small businesses software like FareHarbour is absolutely over expensive.

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Emanuel, thanks for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the flexibility that Checkfront provides and that it has been easy to use thus far. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback on the visual map booking option. Once again, thanks for choosing Checkfront :)

Pietra K.
Promotion of Stellar Micro Creations in Italien
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Complicated systems for Dummies :)

Kommentare: I own and operate Stellar Micro Creations, in Rome, Italy. I have absolutely no experience with systems and programming. The check front booking system was incredibly over my head because it was very complicated but in the end it is good that it was so complicated because now I know that it can accommodate every complicated need of booking for my products.. I learn more and more options as I go along. The thing that has made this all possible for me to do is the fantastic support team at Checkfront. Once I got into the groove of communicating with Checkfront I have made hastened the development of my learning curve and am WAY more relaxed and not worried because I know that there is a support team that can help me. Anyway, I have so much more to say. There is also support in the Blogs. I had changed my approach to how I would start my business by reading one of the blog posts about referral business instead of using the costly Adwords which were not really working with my small companies start up budget. I consider the support team and the system as a partner of my business.

I like that this software can accommodate any complicated idea that I want to achieve when it comes to booking my tours.. and also I have just discovered the power of the Partners accounts. It has broadened my idea of how I can sell and increased my success potential. I do not have a lot of experience in this field but the featured of check front has given me a platform of growing my business and gives me a vision of what I can accomplish..

I haven't really discovered anything so far that I like least because I am in such a learning curve.. I am in the mode of discovering all the new things that I can do so far.. I might have a comment on this in a year or so. Oh yes!! It would be fantastically helpful if Checkfront would send a notification to my cell phone from the app or something that I have got a booking.. I have to log into check front all the time to see if I have a booking..

Chris R.
President in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront = Next Level

Kommentare: Checkfront affords is the ability to automate so much of the reservation process that not only do we have extremely organized and fluid interaction with customer’s reservations but we can streamline so many other elements of our system such as housekeeping as well.

Multiple configurations allow us to customize our back and front facing reservation database even though we are not a traditional hotel. Support is usually very detailed and forward thinking. If what we want can’t be accomplished, we always get good insight on workarounds and temporary solutions, that sometimes work better than what we had planned. CF constantly works to improve itself. We get monthly updates that bring new funtctions and extension platforms into the mix. It’s about 75% of the way to eliminating the rest of our internal support platforms - loyalty rewards, staff scheduling, & customizable customer profiles are the remaining topics we’d like to see incorporated into CF.

We hold little hope that our feature requests will ever be developed. Configuration on the backend comes with a significant learning curve. One can get lost in the labyrinth of configuration options. I understand it’s necessary for all the functionality on the front end but if hotels are configuring this themselves, the labyrinth could be a little less complicated (topics re: parameters, & alias are very confusing).

Jeremy F.
Owner in Indonesien
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best small-medium hotel booking system I've come across...

Kommentare: Bookings for different room types, transport and activities is made easy through using Checkfront. I dont have to worry about double bookings and I know exactly who's coming in and out of my resort, even when I'm not there. My staff find it easy to use and we are able to amend things quickly and easily. For the customer it's also very clear to book what they are looking for.

Ease of navigation and clear information layout especially on a laptop.

Sometimes find a few features a little tricky to get my head around on my own but that doesnt matter because the customer support is amazing and they always find a solution.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Little Hotelier

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Communication with Checkfront was faster and more clear so I tried it first. Was so satisfied I didnt have to shop around.

Antwort von Checkfront

Hey Jeremy, thanks for your positive feedback! Happy to hear that you're enjoying using all the many features we provide and that Checkfront has made bookings easy for you. We're always happy to assist should you need anything :)

Shane M.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Customizable reservation system

Kommentare: Very very good customer support team

Checkfront allows us to customize our reservation system to fit our specific business needs

There is a definite learning curve to using this product.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Bookeo

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde: Xola changed their pricing structure

Zuvor genutzte Software: Xola

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: A more professional appearance to our booking/reservation system

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Shane! Thank you for your review :) We appreciate it! Your feedback on getting started is going to be shared with our teams. Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Craig H.
Owner/Captain in Amerikanische Jungferninseln
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

My Experience with Checkfront

Kommentare: I operate a charter yacht in the USVI. Checkfront is my booking calendar if record. I use it to manage availability, and as a direct booking channel. I've stayed with Checkfront for the past two years because it meets most all my needs at a reasonable price point. The addition of tipping functionality is important to me. It will likely drive my purchasing decision in the future, as I shift towards a daysailing business from a term charter operation.

The software meets most of my expectations. I especially appreciate the flexibility I have when setting up inventory items. Perhaps more important is the quality of support you provide. Each time that I have had a need to reach out, my inquiry was handled by a knowledgeable and concerned person, who rapidly resolved my challenge and typically taught me something along the way. Thank you.

My biggest issue with the service is that my clients don't have the option to tip while they are checking out. As a service provider, tipping is critical, especially for the crew. If the client was presented with the option to add a tip, I know that my income would increase significantly, perhaps 10%+

Antwort von Checkfront

Hi Craig, thanks so much for this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to provide the flexibility and support you need! Based on the update we've received from our support team, we're glad to let you know that you're already on the official feature request list for the 'tipping feature'. In the interim, we do have a work around for it and should you be interested in knowing more and setting it up, our support team would be more than happy to walk you through it. Once again, thanks for your feedback. We value your business with us :)

Richard H.
Operations Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive system with good support

Kommentare: I have been very impressed that Checkfront has been able to manage all aspects of our reservation system (online booking, calendar, inventory, waiver forms and integration with our POS). We were able to switch from a paper/whiteboard whiteboard model to completely digital this year thanks to our Checkfront implementation and it has been a game changer. Support has been very good and makes all the difference with configuration questions and minor system issues.

I have an IT background and was able to install and configure this system mostly on my own. I needed help with a few more complex configuration questions but pretty impressive that a system this sophisticated can be setup by the end user. It is very flexible and powerful but this also means that setup can get quite involved.

Reporting is a weakness with no custom reporting options. Ongoing development of the product is slow and currently with no transparency on the roadmap. They have promised to share more info on this though.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront: Square recommended Checkfront because of the tight integration.