Über MEDITECH Expanse

Ermöglicht Gesundheitsbehörden, Patientenaufgaben effizient zu verwalten, Termine zu vereinbaren, Dienstleistungen zu berechnen und Bestellungen aufzugeben.

Erfahre mehr über MEDITECH Expanse

Never any customer support. For example in my facility.

Bewertungen zu MEDITECH Expanse

2,5

MEDITECH Expanse hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 2,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 36 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MEDITECH Expanse bereits verwendet?

Elaine
Hospital employee in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Meditech Software is the best

Kommentare: Overall this software gives the user a good experience by it's ease of use and accuracy.

Software is easy to learn and use with daily workflow. Software is accurate and aides in accurate medication administration by ability to scan arm bands then medication itself to prevent errors in giving medication.

Monthly downtime impacts patient care and requires extra work to print medication lists, document on the lists, then transfer this documentation to Meditech when downtime is finished.

Isaac
clinic assistant in Ecuador
Architektur & Planung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Learning about the management of a clinic thanks to MEDITECH Expanse

Kommentare: I am an architecture student and recently entered a new pre-professional project at my university where I was assigned as an intern in a clinic, although my main role was focused on remodeling the facilities, the head of the clinic asked me to learn how to use this software to better understand the requirements of doctors and ensure a smooth integration of infrastructure with information systems. While learning about MEDITECH Expanse, I was able to appreciate its versatility and powerful ability to manage and store clinical data, thanks to this system I was able to quickly access patients' medical records, which allowed me to better understand their needs and design adequate spaces for their care. In short, my experience was a difficult challenge and something new for me, but I liked seeing how these medical systems work.

In my little experience of less than a year using this system, I must emphasize the following positive points: it is a comprehensive and efficient system that facilitated access to medical information and how, thanks to this, it speeds up administrative processes. Another very good point is its real-time data integration between different departments and services, thus optimizing coordination and collaboration between medical personnel.

The only negative point that I found about this system was that when using some functions I could not do it correctly because they required more training and familiarization to use them optimally, so it could be improved in this aspect to do more. Intuitive all the functionalities in general.

Charles
Doctor in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Cumbersome, slow, unintuitive, dysfunctional

Nothing. According to our administration, the system cost millions of dollars for our small community hospital. Yet our IT dept. had to build the system. I was very involved in this process. But there are many inherent limitations of this software. The company did send there people to our hospital for support, they were good, but they frequently said 'it can't do this' or 'it can't do that' when asked why/what can be done to streamline or expand any specific screen or template for any given item.

It is inherently slow. It takes many clicks to accomplish a single step. We have a very good IT dept. and we built the software customized to our hospital. But the system is inherently dysfunctional. There area many examples including very limited number of characters that can be entered by free text in there small box space, then it may unexpectedly delete any of this info. The med reconciliation is cumbersome and inflexible, looking up old records is slow and difficult, and the whole system in unintuitive. We were forced to use the system in my department, but some staff Dr's refused to use it. I used this software at 2 different hospitals and both were bad. There was universal agreement of our med staff that even after a couple of yrs of it being in place, nobody liked it.

Kerry
Kerry
Physical Therapist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good EHR for hospital-based healthcare, but not efficient for integrating into outpatient operations

Kommentare: We upgraded to Meditech EHR from the old Meditch "MOX" software, which was simple and very limited in its capabilities as far as integration, ability to access the entire medical chart, orders, etc. Meditech easily allows for better communication between providers to improve patient care and allow for decreased lengths of hospital stays over all.

It integrates for seamless communication for hospital services, with all chart aspects easily viewable without a few clicks once the patient's chart is opened. All orders, vitals, lab results, notes, progress reports, etc. are easily accessed.

We also use Meditech as our registration software for our patients for outpatient rehabilitation and all of our patient orders for therapy are housed in Meditech. It's not an efficient way to use this EHR system, as it takes something like 12 clicks to access a patient's scanned outpatient PT order if that's all you need to find.

Michele
Director of Compliance, Quality Improvement and Nursing in

Meditech Magic vs Client Server

Kommentare: I have used both Magic and Client Server and find the latter much more intuitive. Meditech Magic looks like a bare bones version of Client Server. I worked in the IT department at the Magic hospital, and the report writer was able to create new reports very easily on the fly. The hospital was constantly changing various screens since it was so easy to do (not necessarily a good thing). I was an end-user at the Client Server hospital so I don't have the same level of knowledge of the IT side. Customer support seemed fair at both locations.

Meditech Magic is easier to build onsite and report options are good; Client Server is more user friendly and visually appealing.

Meditech Magic screens are more difficult to understand and navigate; client server can be overhwhelming in terms of the number of tabs and amount of information on the screen.

Zachary
Clinical Director of Integration in Frankreich
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Cheaper than Epic but much less user friendly

Kommentare: Overall, MEDITECH is sufficient for my EMR charting needs but is severely less functional than others I have used

The software works (which is better than other EMR softwares) and is highly HIPAA compliant.

The features are "clunky" and don't seem to be updated for the 2020's software standard most are used to. In particular, the lack of "click-ability" of most inputs and instead having to use the arrow keys is quite old-fashioned

shelly
Owner in
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Difficult to use

Kommentare: I am not a fan and the reports were long and wasted paper.

I believe it is customisable and may be good for smaller hospitals. The company trained the hospital staff

I used it in an er setting and hated it. It would not let you move on with a triage until all area are addressed. I felt it jeopardized my patients health on my very sick patients. I heard some of the same complaints from other floors.

Tm
n in USA

Never use this software.

Kommentare: No benefits to using this software. I would avoid this product.

nothing. I like nothing about this software.

At least 4-5 steps needed find out simple information ie lab trends. Previous d/c summary or H and P. Exists no option to link EMR different facilities. Never any customer support. For example in my facility. Charts need to be signed, IT or help desk takes over 2 weeks reply. Never seen anything like it.

LARRY
Physician Assistant in USA
, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Limited EHR

Kommentare: Used this EHR in medium sized hospital for rounding and care of orthopedic patients. Mostly was good at allowing access to information both within and outside of the hospital. I didn't like not being able to finish my rounding from the office though due to no ability to write a progress note directly into the system. Paper notes got scanned after patient discharge.

Simple windows for accessing information Remote access is possible if setup by administration Images accessible from within the program without needing a separate PACs system.

Inability to write or dictate a note directly in the system. Discharges seemed to take a long time with extra steps and multiple clicks (this could more hospital issue vs EHR).

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Not worth it

Okay learning wise, not many outstanding features to remember

Stuck in the past, not very efficient, kind of Stone Age software

Mary
Regisered Nurse in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

When bad software won't die

Kommentare: I have worked with numerous other EHR's and Meditech is by far the worst.

Seriously after 2 years I am have yet to discover any advantage to using this software, even after our hospital rolled out the newest version of Meditech 6.15.No functionality of the system, you have to hunt for the critical information you need, the software is not intuitive for example if you scan a medication that the patient has a documented allergy to the program doesn't pop up a text box or an alert. My biggest complaint is that it does not appear that Meditech consulted with clinicians when building the documentation software. It is extremely troubling and in our litigious society I am not sure how they justify the lack of descriptors.

Caitlyn
yoga instructor in USA
, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for Clinical AND B/AR users; redundant if you only use one or the other

I love that it combines billing (front and back end) AND clinical documentation. It makes billing and coding, compliance audits and claims review SO much easier than other software.

Since Epic came out, Meditech lacks a lot of features, like insurance verification, faxing charts, etc. Meditech also forces all processes to be entered repetitively, and for those who are strictly clinical or strictly b/ar, it seems tedious.

Sarah
Credit Balance resolution specialist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Old School with easy understanding

Kommentare: My experience with MEDITECH, was slow to warm up to but once learned how to navigate I could do anything I needed to do in order to find the information I needed.

It's not flashy but it gets the job done. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles and therefore also rarely has times when the system doesn't work properly

There are somethings that this program doesn't do that for my job I need to have. However you can export all the Information you need to an excel spreadsheet and from there I can customize my data to do what I needed it to do.

Physician in USA

Cumbersome and poorly designed

Kommentare: Horrible

Availability of previous records. Nothing else……..

Multiple clicks for simple and frequent tasks. Prescription writing and sending complex. Can’t easily see patients who are next to be seen. List of my patients doesn’t drop off discharged patients even for days. Too long of a list to write

missy
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

very archaic program

Kommentare: I would think after all these years it would be updated by now.

I dont really have anything good to say about this product. I have used it off and on for 10yrs and I dont think there has been any changes made.

It is very frustrating to have to use the arrow keys only for navigation, if you mistakenly hit the wrong key you have to start all over again.

Andrea
Physician Support Coordinator in

Great product.

Kommentare: Great product overall and get compliments that it's better than some othe EHR competitors.

Easy to use and user friendly. Very competitive application. We are able to customize too which makes it more adaptable to our workflow.

Updates seem to cause issues for some time. We find several bugs after each update but that comes with the territory.

Heather
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love Meditech!!

Very user friendly and allows you to navigate and complete work tasks fast and efficiently. I would highly recommend this software!!

Seldom freezes but not very often and that tends to occur with any software I've ever used. Overall no complaints and love this software

Sunil
Physiotherapist in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Medical Records and Charting Made Easy

Important and favorite feature of Meditech is all the medical records are readily available. Easy to chart.

Sometimes, when charted on wrong patient by mistake it is impossible to correct that.

Angela
Administrator in USA
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Meditech EHR

I have used Meditech in 2 hospital systems. I am very used to it's menus and how to navigate. The labels are very user-friendly for healthcare

I would really like to be able to use more of the custom fields; the documentation is difficult to understand.

Gina
, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Can be difficult to understand at first!

Kommentare: I didn’t have a great experience with this program. I had a very hard time learning all of its functions. Based on conversations between myself and coworkers, they weren’t too fond of this program either.

I liked the simplicity of its layout. There wasn't a lot of distracting features that this program presented

Very hard to navigate through the program There was a very long learning curve before I was comfortable using this program

missy
Office Manager in
, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

very old school program

It didn't take long to learn the program, it's pretty simple. It is straight forward and gets the job done

It seems archaic, could use some updates. a lot of screens to go through to get to what you need. didn't like using the arrow keys so much.

Jordan
Imaging System Administrator in
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Has potential

Purchased prior to my arrival of job. Looking forward to the newest update of Meditech 6.16 when it arrives.

Worklist are not customization or prioritizing patients. And does not allow a hard stop if needed.

Ash
Insurance Verification in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Better for urgent and emergency rooms

Kommentare: Better than Epic

Blocks off rooms for ambulances, has the ability to update information without causing system issues, multiple departments can be on same chart, notation was easier

Not accessible by other hospital systems which limits how much info you can share

Leonardo
IT Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, one software to manage everything

This is a very useful software where you can manage all departments in one full suit. You can enter a lab for a patient, or you van open a work order to get a light bulb swapped. just great.

Very Expensive, support is very expensive as well, this platform will keep your data hostage if you discontinue support...

Shelly
Attenidng ICU Physician in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

0 out of 10 recommend

I see nothing that is a Pro of this EHR - I have absolutely no compliments. I mean I guess it is electronic?.

The layout is by far the worst I've seen! These days you should be able to easily modify your home screen to your preference (organize by bed versus name versus attending physician, etc) ... this is easy to do but yet this EHR does not even do this! The orders are by far the least intuitive I've worked with (allergy warnings do not pop up when medications are entered, etc). This system is so archaic it is dangerous.