Three dental offices

Bewertet am 14.4.2019
Edward S.
President/Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. Curve is the best of the cloud. And the cloud is way better than any VPN type system and far superior to use and maintain and manipulate and backup than any internal network would be. As simple as a high speed internet connection, an unmanaged gigabyte switch and internet connections. Wireless works too, I just like the speed of most of the workstations in the operatories wired in. Less load on a wireless router in a big office. Curve took us through conversion from Dentrix, training of the staff and the practice manager and has been there through our inexperienced moments. The doctors didn't even train and they picked it right up. The software improves over time for the better and it was great to begin with.Curve Hero has been a great decision. I couldn't be happier.

Vorteile: Intuitive. Written with the end user in mind. The trusty "Sidekick" feature (get it? Hero...) on the right of the screen let's you quickly work through a patient. Once I was used to seeing between two offices from any location I was frustrated the third wasn't online yet. I could never go back. The combination of cloud management, lack of internal Network IT needs (an internet connection, Google Chrome, and Adobe Reader and Flash and you're there) and the user friendliness and cuteness of the software and I'm hooked. No bridge between most digital x-ray formats. We're using Scan-X and looking to upgrade to Plan Mecas CBCT ProMax Classic at all three locations.

Nachteile: There is a lag during the prescription writing portion of the "program." You have to wait a bit before it starts to respond. After that... Zoom. Also, if you need a new image taken you need to refresh charting and then go back to images. Sometimes, it doesn't like to let me modify images gamma, light, dark, inspect/zoom in. None of these are huge difficulties. I would not change companies.

Preventing the 50K Mistake

Bewertet am 1.12.2016
Fredrick L.
Dentist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Each computer in the office is independent and isolated. They're "off the shelf" units and were purchased from Dell at extraordinarily reasonable amounts. No server, no contracted computer geek, no surprises. Most importantly, no added monthly maintenance fees. The support from Curve has been fabulous.
What's the worst that can happen? Well, the system has gone down.....wow....we kept doing dentistry. The internet failed (U-verse fiber optic).... wow ....we kept doing dentistry. There are a tremendous amount of people connected to Curve and AT&T. These companies will be doing everything humanly possible to get back up and running. It's their livelihoods. If (when) your server is hacked (oh, that couldn't happen to me! ..... yeah...think again) or when it fails the office geek has to repair or replace it. The time just starts to fly. So do the dollars. Your time is not the technicians time.
Bottom line: the software delivers all the needed features necessary to run a contemporary dental practice. It provides the necessary metrics easily. The folks at Curve are responsive to their customers needs and seem to be in a constant upgrade mode. If it's not yet available from them, they report that it is something they're thinking about. They deliver on those promises.
Financially, hardware is stock and minimalist. It can also be as advanced as available but the software works on it all. It integrates easily with all my digital add ons.
Monthly fees are reasonable when compared to the other products available. Most of all, the cost is cheaper then the monthly maintenance fees for the "big time all encompassing " software packages and the original outlay of 20+k for the software isn't necessary.
Every member of the team finds their own shortcuts/ techniques to move through the software. We had a very small learning curve at implementation and new employees grab it almost immediately.
The upgrade I await is the access to all of the patient records from my mobile devices. Currently I can access the schedule and patient information only. I look forward to being able to make appointments directly from my phone.
I recommend this system constantly. I've not been disappointed at any time since implementation three years ago.

Vorteile: Ease of integration and ease of use

Nachteile: Inability to access the actual product from my mobile devices. I want to be able to interact with the entire product from my mobile devices(iPad, iPhone)

von Curve Dental an 5.12.2016

A thousand thank-you's for your kind review, Dr. Lurie! We've noted your suggestions. Many of our customers see a savings in IT and HW costs, as you have. Best wishes!

Depends on specialty of the office.

Bewertet am 23.9.2014
Raquel C.
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig
3.5 / 5
3.5 / 5

Vorteile: It's so user-friendly and you can adjust settings so easy as well.

Nachteile: I think it's too easy to schedule appointments on top of each other. The billing is not easy to read, because it separates it by transaction, and then the transaction is no longer visable after it's paid. There is no way to select a procedure not to be billed to insurance in a billing transaction. You cannot transfer credits between family members in the same account. The tabs in the charting can be confusing as well. I think all existing, and current treatment plan should be together, not separated. You cannot keep track in the charting what was diagnosed when, because it deletes the date when the treatment is completed. There are too many placed where the fee schedule can be adjusted to allow for mistakes later. If the insurance is modified, the treatment plan has to be deleted and re-entered for the patient to be correct. I don't see a point in tags in the appointment when it doesn't enter the procedures in the appointment title. It seems like a lot of work to schedule an appointment, because you have too many options. The entry of birth dates is harder than it needs to be. Emails cannot be used in more than one person's profile. Cancelled claims should be able to be deleted from the system. It's confusing when auditing past due claims. There is no way to input how much maximum is left on a patient's insurance for treatment plan purposes. Treatment plans don't factor in secondary insurance coverage. Scanned documents should be able to be grouped in files and letters instead of making a separate entry for every page. Charting on the teeth is too sensitive.

von N/A an 26.11.2014

We appreciate Raquel's comments. She brings to light a number of topics we'd like to address.

- Scheduling Appointments. The flexibility of our scheduler does allow you to schedule on top of other appointments. Long-time customers have not found this to be a negative; however, we understand Raquel's concern and are taking steps to modify this functionality--quite soon, actually.
- Invoice Accounting vs {WHAT DTX AND ES USE}. Curve Dental uses invoice accounting, which has many advantages. Because most of the dental profession is using older management systems that display information in other ways, our new customers may find Curve Dental's accounting style a little different. Once proper training is completed our customers see the advantages of invoice accounting as it presents a more logical grouping of billing information. Specific to Raquel's comments, paid transactions are hidden after 30 days to make more efficient use of space, but with two clicks all transactions can be viewed.
- Billing to Insurance. If there's a particular procedure you would rather not bill to insurance, you simply omit that item in the insurance claim.
- Transferring Credits Between Family Members. If all family members share one responsible party, then yes, credit can be shared between family members. However, if the family members have different responsible parties, then one account would have to be refunded and the other credited, which can be done quickly.
- Displaying Existing and Current Treatment. Graphically, existing treatment and the current treatment plan can be viewed at the same time. Line-by-line details can be viewed for either existing procedures or planned procedures by clicking on the corresponding tabs in the chart.
- Diagnosis Date. If you're concerned about the date that a procedure was diagnosed, you can access a quick report to retrieve that information; it is not deleted.
- Fee Schedule Adjustments. Fee schedules can be assigned to a specific patient or when setting up an insurance plan (which determines how the insurance portion is calculated). When creating a treatment plan, you also have the option to select a different fee guide, but the default is the fee guide initially assigned to the patient.
- Modifying Insurance. Currently, you do not have to delete and re-enter a treatment plan if you need to change insurance information.
- Birth Date Format. We have received a few comments on how the birth date is entered (which is yyyy-mm-dd) and plan to allow our customers to adjust the format to one more customary to their area. Obviously a minor concern, but one that will be addressed.
- Unique e-Mail Addresses. For security purposes, Curve Dental does not allow an e-mail address to be used by more than one patient. Curve Dental's patient portal provides patients with access to account information, future appointments, and more. To protect this information, a unique e-mail address is required to access the data. Of course, the responsible party can access information for all members of the family.
- Deleting Cancelled Claims. In the interest of providing one more deterrent to fraud, we strongly believe that cancelled claims should be a permanent record in the patient's account. As a result the display of the patient's account may be a bit more busy, but not confusing.
- Entering Insurance Maximums and Factoring Secondary Insurance. Currently, Curve Dental does allow you to enter coverage used outside of the practice or software, helping our customers gain an accurate insurance estimate. And our software does indeed take into consideration secondary coverage when calculating the insurance portion.
- Scanned Documents. We have discussed ways to improve the organization of scanned documents and will make a change.
- Sensitive Charting. Curve Dental has two charting modes. One lets you drag the mouse over tooth surfaces to select the desired surface. The other mode requires you to enter the surfaces in a more old-fashioned style. Some may find one mode more preferable over the other.

Confident in Curve!!

Bewertet am 16.11.2016
Corey P.

Kommentare: Switching to Curve Hero from my old server based practice management software has proven to be one of the best decisions I could make. I was faced with ever increasing server issues and daily troubleshooting was causing me to feel more like an IT person learning on the job than a dentist on some days. Even hiring multiple IT gurus was a not a good use of my time or resources. Now that I have been with Curve for almost 4 years I can say it has done a lot more for me than solve IT headaches. It has opened opportunities for me as a dentist that I didn't know were possible. I have since merged my practice with another dentist and opened a second location. Curve's cloud-based software has allowed us to manage 2 locations. Curve has made it much easier to manage multiple providers and staff. All we need is an internet connection. It has allowed us to centralize many of our services. The new staff we have hired on have adapted quickly to Curve and love it's intuitive features. We spend less time training new employees on how to use the software. This year for the first time we had the opportunity to attend the Curve Summit. It was well worth the investment in time and money. It struck the right balance between fun and learning. It pumped up the team! What I was most impressed about was the ability to actually interact with the leadership and staff of Curve. At one point, we mentioned that we were developing ideas on centralized services for managing multiple practices. The next thing we knew we had a meeting set up with the executive leadership of the company. They genuinely listened to our ideas and asked us questions on how Curve could help fulfill some of our needs. It was evident to me that they cared about their customers by actually listening and implementing the things that practicing dentists want from their practice management software. I have never experienced anything like that meeting. I came away very impressed by their leadership, direction, and mission. Their platform is perfectly designed to continue to evolve with technology and implement improvements. They listen to their customers. They focus on what is important. They provide a great value for their customers in what they offer. I have used other practice management and imaging software programs. I am confident in my long-term partnership with Curve. This partnership will continue to give me opportunities to adapt to the changes that are occurring in dentistry today.

von Curve Dental an 16.11.2016

Thank you for your confidence, Dr. Plaster! We think we have a great thing going and it is a boost to see that our customers couldn't agree more. Hope to see you at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

Great Cloud-based Dental Software

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Amy J.
Operations Administrator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We purchased five standing offices. Each had a different dental software. We needed a product that would enable us to view all five schedules remotely, and Curve has been terrific. It has changed how we look at schedules and increased our efficiency and flexibility. All employees can check their upcoming day from the comfort of their own homes.
Training on the software is very good, and customer support is very responsive. Curve is always evolving, and the staff welcomes any and all suggestions.
Most features are very useful, and, once one knows how to maneuver, they make sense and are easy to use.
We plan to continue using Curve, and I have already recommended it to other dental offices.

Vorteile: I love being able to access all five office schedules at any time from any place where I have my laptop.

Nachteile: Most issues I have had have been MY user issues! I would LOVE to see a "daily diary" with chores like auto/property carriers use to remind adjusters of tasks. When I want to reschedule a cancellation or missed appt, I can't mark it appropriately AND put it in the queue as a quick reminder to call the patient. I know I can run a report, but I'd love to be able to use the queue as a daily diary as well.

von Curve Dental an 10.3.2017

Amy! Wow, your comments are much appreciated. I've copied your suggestions into a message to our development team--they are great! As you noted, when it comes to multiple locations Curve Dental can make your job much easier. With all the data at your fingertips in real time, that's gotta be helpful for a team member in your position. Good Neighbor Dental is an awesome organization. Best wishes!

Smooth and easy transition from Old School Practice Management Software.

Bewertet am 2.12.2017
Senior Software Engineer

Kommentare: Cost, Efficiency, usability.

Vorteile: This is a complete solution to meet all Practice Management needs which is great but as this software is a cloud solution it is just like your Facebook account, Instagram, email etc, it is alway available right there where you need it and it works as it should but in a modern, more efficient way. It's quite intuitive and it is always trying to help you to achieve your goal. We've yet to encounter a gap a business process that is not covered. The Add-ons with Bluefin and Fast Attach function exactly as you would expect and work seamlessly. We're a brand new office and we've leveraged Curve for Practice Management and G-Suite (from Google) to manage email and documents. Doing this has allowed us to forego a any local server or even any network wiring, simplifying and reducing the cost of the build out. Both training and support have been great and they are never shy to quickly remote to your screen to quickly resolve any issue you may have. As for cost, by any metric it has to be cheap given you there is no installation or hardware cost and as it is cloud software upgrades are seamless and inherently free. To address the main counter argument of a cloud solution we are in a south Florida and during the last Hurricane, Irma, we had no risk of any server being flooded of course but once the storm was over and Comcast was still out we simply switched on the hotspot on the phone and we were up and running!

Nachteile: The Kiosk facility where Patients can can fill out their forms directly into Curve is good but you can see they are still building it out.

von Curve Dental an 4.12.2017

Thanks for the 5-star review! The benefits of a cloud-based management system, as you point out, far exceed the idea of keeping a server in your practice. Many thanks for your kind review and best wishes!

Overall Satisfied

Bewertet am 15.11.2016
Donna W.

Kommentare: First Customer Support is OUTSTANDING. You can call or submit a ticket. Tickets are responded too quickly-normally 5-10 minutes and many times I have receive a phone call from the customer service tech to answer my concerns. When I have called in myself I have never waited more that 5 minutes on hold.
The conversion process worked well for our office. We had a clear understanding on the front end as to what would and would not convert and they were VERY good at helping to make sure our existing treatment and treatment plans converted properly.
The training schedule they set up for our office allowed us to have a fairly good understanding of the day to day functions before we went live. Strongly suggest that you follow their recommendations in this area. There is a link attached in the software that allows you to view training videos at your convenience. Really helpful.
Having a web-based dental software does allow you to do notes, etc. while at home which is helpful. The disadvantage on that end is if the internet service is down then you can not access patient information or take x-rays.
The Imaging function is probably one of the weakest links in the software. I don't feel that the quality is where it needs to be and it does not have the ability to do measurements which is helpful for offices that place implants-which we do.
I do wish the "Admistrators" had more control to set up staff access and it would be wonderful to have an area that you could place private notes such as conversations with patients that I do not want patients or other staff members to see.
I will also comment that we have been using the Curve Software since September of 2015. We changed from another software (Dentrix) that we had been using for many years and our only two complaints with it was that it was not web-based and that the response time with their customer service was outrageously slow. It was common to wait on hold for more than an hour and if I did send in a ticket I would either not receive a response or it would be days later.
So changing from a software that the doctor and clinical staff were please with was not without its challenges. It took about nine months for the hygienist to stop saying "but I liked it the way we use to do it".
Overall I would recommend Curve Software.

von Curve Dental an 16.11.2016

Thank you, Donna! We feel the same way about our customer service. Your sentiment about imaging and administrator roles are high on our list and features that we discuss often. Best wishes!

Can access schedule from laptop and mobile phone!

Shannon D.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Can use anywhere you have internet access, reasonably priced.

Vorteile: Curve can be viewed online so you can see patient information right at home (where you need to see it during emergency patient calls) or to make sure you can see schedule changes as they occur. This program is easy to use and reasonably priced.

Nachteile: There are no folders under "files and letters" so after awhile the number of files can get large and then difficult to locate, which is annoying. Also the financials do not allow monthly production numbers for a year at a glance. You have to do each month separately which is time consuming and frustrating. Also Curve goes down from time to time and then you are SOL because there is no backup....

von Curve Dental an 14.6.2017

Many thanks, Shannon, for your positive review. We are working on files and letters and you'll love the end result! The Playbook, which will be available this summer, may provide you with the production numbers you're looking for. We're also set to release offline capabilities; in the event service is disrupted for whatever reason, you'll still have access to a limited data set for patients you'll see that day. You'll love that, too! Many thanks and best wishes to you and yours!

I like the Curve software and what it has to offer. Overall we have been pleased with the product.

Jeanne D.
Office Administrator

Kommentare: As stated previously, the ease of use is my favorite feature. It is fairly easy to train new employees and have confidence that they will easily navigate their way through the program.

Vorteile: Curve is very easy to use and very user-friendly. Navigating through the program is manageable for even the least computer-savvy person. When we train a new staff member, I never worry about teaching them the program because it is so easy to teach.

Nachteile: Our least favorite feature of Curve is the charting module. It does not perform the way we think it should. While we are aware that you can't please all the people all the time, we would prefer to see changes made so that the charting module allows for more customization by the user.

von Curve Dental an 2.8.2017

Hi, Jeanne! Many thanks for the kind review. Sonshine Dental is one of our favorite customers. Ease of use is a common thread we hear from our customers. We've taken note of your comments about adding some customization capabilities to the chart. That needs a bit of clarification. Hope to see you and your team at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

We are very happy with our first year on Curve!

Marilyn T.
Admin.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saves me so much time during my work day compared to other computer programs I have used in the past!

Vorteile: It is so easy to learn and to use! When new employees are hired, it is so easy to show them how to use the system. I use community to find answers to any questions I have and usually can figure out how to do anything! I love how easy it is to customize reports to get the information that I need. We like that the claims go out at various times during the day...it seems like the turn around time for payments is alot faster. We love the ability to customize the sidekick to be able to see what is really important to us at a glance and to have these changes show up right away....instead of having to wait for weeks while a computer guru makes the suggested changes!! It is wonderful.

Nachteile: I wish that the account credits would show up in our total accounts receivable amount for 60-90, 120 day totals.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Wow, a 5-star review! Thank you, Marilyn, for your feedback. The Sidekick is definitely our secret sauce--it sure does make you more productive by helping you access information faster. We've made note of your wish and will be evaluating. Thanks again!

Curve is perfect for our office

Bewertet am 23.6.2011
Angie N.
Dr.

Kommentare: We highly recommend Curve to all dental offices. Our situation made the choice easy because we started from scratch and thus didn't have any data conversion. Even though Curve may not have quite as many features as Dentrix yet, I believe that it will be there very quickly because of how quickly the company is changing and updating the program. For me, Cloud practice management systems are the future of dentistry, and I believe that Curve is the best in the Cloud. We would do it again in a heartbeat! Curve provides all that we need in a Practice Management Software.

Vorteile: Ability to use the software anywhere there's internet
Very easy to learn
Nice graphics
Ability to email newsletters/mass emails to all patients
Unending reports (can customize reports for what you want)
Each user can customize their view of the schedule
Doctor can limit what parts of the system each staff can change
Patient education videos are excellent
Ability to upload images (xrays, pictures, paperwork) to charts
Easily bridges with our Dexis xray software
Easy to electronically file claims
Excellent customer service
Constant updates & improvements to the software
The prescription module is great
The colors of Curve, the laid-back & witty Curve staff
The charting and perio charting modules are excellent
Less need for IT company to help (still have to have a server for digital xrays & have to pay them to keep that up-to-date)
Ability to use Mac and PC computers in the office.

Nachteile: Can't use on an iPad (because of Flash)
When uploading Xrays to the charts, it takes time and the xrays are in a horizontal line (not mounted). We don't use this feature.
We've had trouble with the insurance estimation part--not accurate.
The software doesn't allow us to add in codes for different procedures (we have to use what CDT codes are in)...unless we add it as inventory
Some of the screen views are slow to load
A few times we've clicked out of a chart and lost all of the charted treatment

For multiple offices, Curve makes this a dream!

Shannon S.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use having multiple offices. Quick notes are a huge benefit as well as macros for tx planning

Vorteile: Curve allows us to work at multiple offices and see changes instantly. We can have multiple tabs open per user being able to click back in forth between different screens.

Nachteile: Quality of xrays, we have to use a second software in order for our xrays to do measurements and print with quality for our referring offices. Quick meds is a huge issue for us. We are a surgical office and need to have multiple scripts available, we have to wait 5+ minutes in order to print one script (we usually print 4-5 per pt) after this slows down curve and we have to reload. We print script all day long.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Hi, Shannon! Thank you for your positive review. As you noted, practices with multiple locations are much more productive on the cloud with Curve Dental. We'll reach out to you to see if we can improve image quality and explore the Rx issues that you mentioned. Also note that measurements is one of our current projects. Thanks again and best wishes!

Curve is behind the curve ball

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Monique E.
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of which one can email a receipt to a patient.
Ease of scheduling.
The playbook dashboards

Nachteile: 1.User are unable to make a correction in billing all at once. Right now with each correction it closes and then the user has to open it to correct the next line.
2.Route slip are unavailable. Would be nice even if just online with no printing.
3. The ability to print one visit of a treatment plan does not exist. The user needs to move the treatment to another plan if they wish to just print it alone and then move it back.
4. Unable to integrate with a third party collection agency so they real time data is not available.
5. Fee guides cannot be updated as claims are paid per an individual patients plan.
6. I would love for the ledger to have an option to have a line by line view (just like it would show in an account book) as opposed to clicking each visit to see what was done on that day.

Training Process Needs Your Review

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Linda B.
Bus. Mgr.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We definitely had to make a change in our practice and this was huge! Now that we are a couple of months in I am happy to say it is all behind us! There are changes that we would like to see and we have sent in many tickets. Hopefully we will see them come to fruition.

Vorteile: From my stand point which is mostly office oriented, I do like the software now that I am more familiar with it. I love being able to see both our locations on one screen and to be able to work at both locations from my office. Reporting is different but I like it. I love being able to navigate all over from the appoinment screen.

Nachteile: I did not like how our training was run. It was very confusing and not hands on. The trainer jumped all over instead of sticking to one thing before it was learned. Our clinic has had the most difficulty. We dont like how the charting is set up to show work that needs to be done vs what has already been done. Colors are faint and runs into another.

Curve Hero is the best, flexible software a practice can have!

Tracey L.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's easy to use. I can log in from anywhere if needed. The team continues to improve and update the software features which keeps us on the cutting edge of dentistry.

Vorteile: The flexibility it offers to the providers! Having it be web based, allows providers the ease of logging in anytime and anywhere, no longer being stuck at the office to finish work.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have the capability to write a note on the patient statement. There's space to have it. ( Example: your monthly payment is $ )

von Curve Dental an 2.8.2017

A 5-star review from you, Tracey, is well earned and much appreciated! As you point out, data accessibility is a huge advantage over older dental software. Being able to work when and where you wish adds to job satisfaction since Curve Dental molds itself around your lifestyle and work style. Thank you for the comment about notes on a patient statement; we're aware of that one and it is certainly on our list of improvements. Hope all is well with you and your practice and hope to see you at the next Orange Summit!

Overall positive anxious for more updates related to billing / word process / portal enhancements

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Jill M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cost savings no server to upkeep

Vorteile: Ease of charting and upload and organization of templates for images. Accounting breakdown of invoices. Patient portal and ability to send new patient paperwork is fantastic and saves so much time at appointment.

Nachteile: Insurance profile is too limiting as well as the word processing options in Curve. The capability to send statements needs to be reworked, need direct access to account from A/R reports with capability to send letters add account notes etc. tracking of statements and account out reach needs to be all in one area.

von Curve Dental an 8.6.2017

Thank you, Jill, for your kind review! We think our online forms are pretty awesome, too. We took careful note of your comments on billing as we are looking toward a face lift of sorts in that area. We may reach out to you in the future for clarification. Best wishes to you and your entire team at Stonecastle Dentistry!

I have had a great experience so far. Curve definitely has a lot to offer!

Amy L.

Kommentare: easy dental software

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and easy for a person who is scared of computers to use. Reports and lists are easy to access and creating forms take less than a few minutes making front desk responsibilities a lot less stressful. Charting and clinical features are also great and improving as time goes on.

Nachteile: Accounting aspect took a bit to get used to as we were used to a different software. It lacks some features that other software like Softdent and Dentrix have.

von Curve Dental an 2.8.2017

Amy, many thanks for your kind review. We think Curve Dental is pretty easy to use, too. With regard to the accounting aspect, we approach billing a bit differently. While it may take some small adjustments on your part, the added capabilities the it provides are worth it. Best wishes to you and your practice!

Almost always perfect.

Faith C.
Assistant Office Manager

Kommentare: Easy to use. Easy to train on. Quick replies when help is needed. Curve community is so beneficial!

Vorteile: Any time I have questions I get them answered right away and if the representative doesn't know it they take the time to find out the answer and get back to me right away. Also its VERY user friendly and teaching others to use the software is super easy.

Nachteile: Sometimes it goes slower than I'd like but that's also probably our internet. I wish there were ways to customize the treatment plan wording and to include a signature line. I also wish that a feature would be added to notate if deductibles have been met for patients or if the maximum was used by all services or only some.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Holy 5-star review, Faith! Thank you for your comments. User friendliness is important to any practice when looking for dental software as it makes the transition so much easier. We'll reach out to you about your treatment plan comments. Thanks again!

Not pleased.

Bewertet am 23.8.2016
Ian M.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this software since 2012. It has been a struggle. The reports are very sub-par. I have two offices and spend a lot of money with these guys but that does not get me any sort of special treatment. Just to give you an idea of how bad the reports are...there is no report to indicate the number of new patients per month. The closest you can get is new patients "created" but this would include no-shows. I asked for a special custom report to be made for my uses with NP's, referral sources, production from referral .....DENIED. They said more or less "maybe they would get to that at some point in the future....thanks for the suggestion". If I could easily switch I would do it, but it is not I won't even get started on how often their servers go down.

Vorteile: It's prettier than most software.

Nachteile: -Reports are a joke (and reports are the life-blood of a good practice management software)
-Servers go down a lot
-If you lose your internet you are also out of luck
-Customer service is slow and not helpful
-They nickel and dime you for add on's. Bridge to xray software...$$; E-prescribe....$$$, store x-rays....$$$$$

von Curve Dental an 25.8.2016

Hi, Dr. Mapes! We¿re sorry we failed to meet your expectations. But that means we¿re going to try harder. For example, our reports can be customized to show nearly any data. That you did not find what you wanted means we need to look at the interface and training. Specific to a NP report showing referral sources and production from referrals: We can do that, but obviously we can make it easier to get this information. Curve Dental is the only cloud dental software that publishes performance on its website (www.curvedental.com/status). Our uptime number is 99.99%, which means our service is nearly always available. You think otherwise, so we need to work on that remaining .01%. We were surprised by your customer service comments. In an independent survey, 70% of our customers said our service is better. We¿ll continue to improve until that number is 100%. Were we disheartened by your review? Absolutely. Are we going to give up on you? Never! Thank you for your comments and best wishes!

Staff is super nice, there is definitely a learning curve and the software is improving over time.

Jeff C.
Lord/master
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Cloud based, security, access to everything when I need it, electronic prescriptions, etc. The interface is generally pretty and I will say the support is good.

Nachteile: I appreciate the new developments, but they don't seem focused on the most commonly used features. The Kiosk is "neat" but I'd rather be able to see some of the specifics from the "home" or appointment screen. There is less customizability than I realized. The team is, in fairness, responsive to requests, but mine haven't made the cut yet. I get that lots of people have lots of ideas, and they are trying to expand the product. I just don't use some of the features they are putting time into at this point.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Thanks, Jeff, for the review, comments and suggestions. We are bit confused by your queue and cancellations comment so we'll be in touch to make sure we understand. And many apologies for not meeting your expectations with regard to our service availability. We feel a bit differently about that, as you might guess. Currently, our uptime performance is 99.96% As far as we're aware, Curve Dental is the only cloud-based dental software that publishes our performance numbers (www.curvedental.com/status). You have to wonder why. Regardless, we've not met your expectations and we'll continue to improve upon our numbers. Thanks again!

Easy to implement, very intuitive to use.

Tyler W.
Dentist/CEO
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick, easy, detailed.

Vorteile: New and existing employees pick up on using it quickly. Navigates easily and is very reliable. Everyone at my office loves it! It's easy to login remotely as well.

Nachteile: Limited report functionality. More patient friendly videos and education needed. More patient friendly treatment plan format needed.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Thanks, Dr. Williams, for your positive review. Simplicity is a hallmark of Curve Dental and often mentioned in other reviews. New and powerful reporting functionality will be added to Curve Dental very soon, which should provide you with all the reporting functionality you will ever need. We'also taken note of your other comments and will contact you if we need clarification and input. Thanks again for your kind words!

We switched to Curve Hero several years ago and have been glad we did!

Phyllis S.
receptionist
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very user-friendly software.

Vorteile: We love the versatility that this cloud-based software has given us. It truly is mobile!
We also appreciate the progressiveness of the company. They are constantly trying to improve this wonderful product. Most recently, we have started to use "Forms" to allow our patients to pre-register before their appointments.

Nachteile: The only thing I can think of about CurveHero that we struggle with is the format for the date of birth.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Hi, Phyllis! Many thanks for your 5-star review and kind words. Our online forms will let you onboard new patients in seconds rather than minutes. If you need assistance in getting started, please call us. Again, many thanks!

Great overall

Chad W.

Vorteile: Overall ease of use and customer service is excellent. Always have issue resolved quickly when needed.

Nachteile: Too long to roll out the Analytics Dashboard as have know about for some time. Took awhile to improve Forms/Storyline.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Wow, Chad--a 5-star review. Thanks! Forgive us for speaking too soon, perhaps, about our new analytics. It's hard not to talk about what's coming. Two things to talk about here: 1)Curve Playbook is a customizable dashboard that will juice up your morning huddles; and 2)Analytics will give you significantly more horsepower when it comes to reporting. Both features will be included in your current subscription. If your practice needs advanced analytics--for a group practice, as an example--there would be an additional charge. Our online forms did take longer to complete than we wished, but, wow! You have to admit the new features are impressive. Regardless, your comment is noted... we need to pick up the pace! Best wishes!

I suffered with Pworks for years with server crashes etc. Good living on the cloud with curve now.

Dr vilas S.
Ceo
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cant even begin to describe the impact curve has had on my practice and the way in which we operate as a business

Vorteile: Cloud based, access anywhere anytime, scalability is instant. No fees for new users . With other companies it seemed like you were being punished for growing, with curve it's celebrated. Real team players who play on your side versus just about any other company I've seen in the dental space.

Nachteile: When the internet crashes, (not curve) you are down, I believe a cache update for this is coming soon though

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Wow! Thank you, Dr. Sasty, for your comments--they are much appreciated. Yes, a cache update is in the works. Thank you for you support and best wishes to Aces Dental!

Great product- they are improving everyday

Tracy G.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to access it from everywhere!

Vorteile: I love the ease of using Curve - very user friendly. When we had a new employee start it did not take her long to be able to pick it up.

Nachteile: I really dislike the reports- I struggle with not having the options and selections that i did with softdent.

von Curve Dental an 13.6.2017

Many thanks, Tracy, for your positive review. Curve Dental is designed to provide a very enjoyable user experience, as you've noted: It's very easy to learn and use. With regard to reporting, we find that your frustration can be eased with additional training at times. We'll reach out to see if that's the case. Additionally, with the new analytics we're currently working on you'll be quite impressed. Thanks again and many happy smiles to you!