FlockBase Accounting - THE church solution

Bewertet am 26.6.2015
Mac C.
Treasurer

Kommentare: I began using FlockBase Accounting (FBA) shortly after becoming Treasurer of Riverside United Church in New Brunswick, Canada. I had very little accounting experience or knowledge, and virtually none specifically in church finances. Learning the program and its intricacies was challenging. It is not a business-oriented accounting program, and thus some familiar reports and items are not available, and there are some new ones. Throughout this process, the telephone and email support from FBA was simply excellent: very knowledgeable, very thorough, and very patient. Once I got familiar with the program and its potential, I realized just how good it really is. Not only does it track all income and expenses, but it also ties each of these to a specific fund and account. It is this incorporation of fund accounting that makes the program so unique and so valuable. At any time, I can get exact fund balances as well as account balances, and thus get an in-depth picture of our financial status instantly. Reports (eg for Annual Congregational Meetings) are both more complete and more informative, because I have far better material to use in preparing them. Arranging and maintaining back-ups is very straightforward. Because of a recent computer crash, I have had occasion to test this. The system works like a charm, with no lost data and easy re-establishment of the system. I recommend this program in the highest possible way. Though it does require some work to understand how it works (and that may say more about me than the program), the effort expended is more than justified by the results. The superb support and quick and easy access to that support is a real bonus, and far superior to any I have experienced with ANY other computer-related matter. The fact that the program is so inexpensive makes the $50 annual fee for support and upgrades a worthwhile investment.

Review of FlockBase

Bewertet am 14.6.2016
Maria S.
Church Secretary
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had an excellent experience with FlockBase and it's support. When I've had to contact them, they've been very patient with me which is appreciated since I'm not the most computer literate person. I like that they are professional and friendly. (FYI: stars in review above were removed from what I originally selected. My selections were higher)

Vorteile: It's easy to use.

Nachteile: If I'm needing to open more than one members info and I'm working alphabetically , upon closing it one, it automatically goes back to the very top of the list and I have to keep scrolling back down to find the next one. I personally prefer it to be at where I left off.

Watha Flockbase Review

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Ernest G.
Church accountant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Took over church accounting last year using quicken which was a nightmare. It was not designed for church use and was very confusing to use. Switched to Flockbase and the difference was amazing. Spent less than one third of time it took for quicken and balancing was very easy and accurate. It is designed for our church needs

Vorteile: Ease of use and setup. Very inexpensive for a very small Church. Customer support is very easy and every problem solved quickly by phone or remote software.

Nachteile: Nothing in this software is difficult .

Revised version is a big disappointment

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Alene H.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We loved the old version of Flockbase and are extremely disappointed with the new system. I will say that every time I have contacted Support they have responded promptly and were very courteous and willing to help. Unfortunately, they just don't provide what we need anymore. We take our records to an outside auditor every 3 years and the documents we need simply cannot be printed any longer. We are looking for a better solution. We need help and we need it now.

Vorteile: I used this software for 4 years and while it had some features that were slightly cumbersome, it was very workable and affordable. The financial report could show monthly and annual actual vs budget on a single report. I could print a membership list and include email addresses and birth dates.

Nachteile: Flockbase recently re-designed it's software and it is a nightmare to use. The check register reads going up to the top of the screen instead of down. The check numbers are not sequential making bank statement balancing time consuming while hunting for the check you want to clear. I cannot print a check register, instead I have to print a general ledger. I cannot print a 941 report. We work offline and I usually print the report, take it home and make the EFTPS payment, then return the reoprt and receipt to the church. I now have to take a picture of the 941 report with my cell phone in order to perform the same task. I'm trying to teach another person how to use the system but cannot print a chart of accounts. I have to print a budget instead. I can still enter household and member information but cannot print out any information other than name, address & phone number. I cannot print email addresses or birthdays, etc. The household and membership information is on one screen and I have to constantly scroll down about 3 screens to access the membership portion. After entering information, it reverts all the way back to household and I have to scroll down 3 screens again for each and every member . The new program is not user friendly by any means. It does not give us the reports we once had, there is no step by step guide to tell you if you want to find something you have to look in a completely different module. Confusing beyond belief.

FlockBase is a great program!!

Bewertet am 16.1.2016
Julia P.
church clerk

Kommentare: I love this program! A few years ago my pastor gave me permission to get a new church membership management program. We had been using a well-known expensive program that I really wasn't happy using. So, I searched the internet and that was how I found FlockBase. It was very reasonably priced and looked like it would meet our needs. I got it and have been very pleased with it. FlockBase came with a user's manual - and it was very helpful and easy to follow when I initially purchased the program for our church. I had FlockBase set up and customized that first day and I was able to begin processing church member's offerings immediately. I've also been able to continue customizing FlockBase as needed over the years that we've had it. I've called their customer service once or twice in the past when our computers crashed and the FlockBase folks were right there to make sure that our beloved FlockBase was up and running again and to answer all of my questions. I highly recommend FlockBase for any church looking for a church membership management program that is comprehensive yet easy to use and to keep track of offerings. In fact, as I type this, I'm getting ready to print out our annual reports and FlockBase makes it a breeze!!

Great value for the price; superb support for any question; and good online detail

Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Sally E.
Retired

Kommentare: Easy to do the job I need to do. Saves time because it always work as it is designed. Very easy to use.

Vorteile: Does church attendance, contributions and member detail easily. Easy to print reports. It is easy to use, never crashes, is very reliable. Nothing. I have no complaints about this software. I think it does what I need it to do simply and easily. I never have issues with the software.

Outstanding Product

Bewertet am 8.7.2016
Johnny P.
Chairman-Trustee Board
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Product was an excellent additional to our membership accountability for our church. Used product for several years. Updates provides great enhancement. Very easy to get started entering data and reports are outstanding.

Vorteile: Database was easy to use with many features that provides a wide variety of useful reports to our management personnel.

Nachteile: All features provided useful information and documentation.

I just started using this system in April of 2015

Bewertet am 30.9.2015
Veda M.
Secretary

Kommentare: My church has been using this software for sometime. I just started using this April of 2015 and was trained by a person in my church that was not real familiar with the program. After some time and struggle I contacted the support team. After a three hour course with Ken on the support team, I am now familiar with the program and no extra reports will have to be generated outside the reports of the software. The support team are awesome to work with. This program works real well with our church, which is a small congregation. I would recommend this software to anyone.

von Owen & Walker Software Solutions an 1.10.2015

We certainly appreciate it when a user takes the time to provide a glowing review, but I would like to point out that we do not provide training courses. Ordinarily, a user only has to follow the guidelines in our User Guide for a an easy and successful experience. In this customer's case, her predecessor(s) had not followed the guidelines and had a lot of historical data that needed to be repaired as well as placed on the right track for future use. While we were happy to provide this assistance, it went well beyond normal technical support.

Extremely happy with FlockBase - it was a God send for our church.

Bewertet am 24.11.2015
Kay S.
Bookkeeper

Kommentare: FlockBase is easy to use and coupled with great customer service, we are extremely happy with this program. We found out about FlockBase by doing an Internet search at a time when we had a computer crash and lost all of our contribution and member data. While trying to retrieve the data we found the customer service with the program we had at the time was less than adequate. We then decided to purchase FlockBase and have been using it for over 2 years. We use it to enter contributions; keep addresses and phone numbers on all of our congregation - members and non-members; enter weekly attendance and print attendance reports; print picture directories; keep contact lists for each of our Deaconesses and Elders; and print out yearly Contribution Statements. I cannot think of any cons - we have always found a way to use FlockBase to achieve every task. Ken in customer service is always very helpful and takes plenty of time to help us with any questions. We have been very pleased with FlockBase and in July, 2015 we started using FlockBase Accounting which interfaces perfectly with FlockBase.

FlockBase is exceptional !

Bewertet am 5.11.2016
Giles Z.
Financial Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I replaced our departing Financial Secretary in the fall of 2015 and took a crash course in navigating and using the FlockBase system. I found it to be very easy to understand and I was comfortable with it in no time. When I did have a problem and had occasion to call FlockBase for support (this happened 3 different times and was not due to a problem with the software), they were very pleasant and professional, addressing my problems immediately and working with me until the problems were solved to my satisfaction. They are the best.

Vorteile: Easy to use, great record keeping system and affordable.

Nachteile: No cons so far.

Excellent Program

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Ruth P.
Elder
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I purchased Flock Base on the recommendation of a friend Pastor Beverly Anderson (Oxford, Ohio) three years ago. I do not regret purchasing this program. It is very easy to use. I appreciate the fact that when I contacted Customer support representative
on the other day, he returned my email and called as soon as possible. I have also recommended this program to other others

Vorteile: easy to use

Very helpful program update and support

Bewertet am 26.7.2016
Kathleen E.
Parish Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ken Owen was more than helpful. He invested time and energy into helping me get our program up and running correctly. I was and am very appreciative of him and his expertise and his willingness to take the time needed to get our system back on track.

Vorteile: Runs much better no w we have the correct version

Nachteile: no problems so far

Great software!!!

Bewertet am 29.6.2016
Matt W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love this software, saves so much time! Have scouted other products and have none that have all the bells and whistles that this one does.

Vorteile: Ease of use and navigation and they continually provide more enhancements.

Nachteile: Nothing!

Flockbase and Customer Support

Bewertet am 12.8.2016
Sally E.
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Telephone support is superior. Helped me set up, purge data, move data from one computer to another, patient and most helpful with suggestions. Well worth the small price.

Vorteile: Ease of use, User guide. Helpful hints.

Members/Accounting Review - Inez Experience

Bewertet am 10.1.2017
Inez M.
Human Resources Assistant
Personalwesen

Kommentare: Central Baptist Church is very small in membership, FlockBase Members/Accounting has been the perfect software for our church. I was introduce to this software in December, 2015. I have enjoyed learning the program. I've made mistakes, but the support team was always there to get me back on track. Setting up members household was new to me. Setting up members, I was use to. It was interesting to see how the household set-up tie in with members. Once, I got the hang, nothing could stop me. Learning the accounting software was easy. Back-up was my down fall. FlockBace support team was there to guide me in the right direction (several times). They are a professional group pf people with the customers interests in mind. Setting up a budget is very customer friendly. I would recommend FlockBase to others.

Vorteile: It was easy to set-up & learn.

Great Church Software

Bewertet am 23.6.2016
Tom H.
Asst. Treasurer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I get my work done in half the time. Great time saver. Very easy to understand the way the program is written. I would recommend to anyone.

Vorteile: How easy it is to use and understand.

Nachteile: No complaints

Excellent program

Bewertet am 18.6.2016
Elizabeth S.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ease of use is a plus. It is a great value for the money. I researched a number of programs and Flockbase had everything I need.

Vorteile: Easy to use
Great tech support

Nachteile: What's not to like!

PRODUCT SUPPORT

Bewertet am 22.6.2016
Ted A.
SECRETARY/TREASURE
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: KEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT AND GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP AND PROVIDED EXCELLENT SUPPORT, HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY

Vorteile: EASE OF USE

Nachteile: NOT SURE

Watkins Church Flockbase Review

Bewertet am 27.6.2016
Nancy W.
Office Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: easy and quick to use, gives you all the information you need for contributions - good customer service

Vorteile: ease of use

Nachteile: no cons for me

Flockbase was just what we needed.

Bewertet am 9.2.2017
Gary A.
Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We are a small church and we were looking for a specific type of software to handle our membership and make our financials easier to maintain. Flockbase was the best we found for the price. We love it.

Vorteile: The price.

Nachteile: The limited functions in printing reports of the membership.

Update to new program is awful

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Char W.
Administrative assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not a big fan, not user friendly.

Vorteile: Was OK before update. After the update, features were missing and awful directions.

Nachteile: Update was not completely functional. Original programming was challenging, update is lacking all the features and has terrible directions. They had to email me the directions, they weren't even working. Also, could not make labels, it was not functional.

A great program for the features provided at a most reasonable price.

Bewertet am 7.8.2015
Ken W.
Treasurer

Kommentare: Like many programs, the Flockbase Membership and Contribution program can accomplish many things. We are a small congregation and my application is fairly limited in that I am only using the program to enter and track contributions and print reports. This it does extremely well. The learning curve is minimal but when I do have questions (which have been few) the tech support help from Ken Owen is truly exceptional. It is refreshing to deal with a person that is both tech savvy and a gentleman. I may expand my use of the features of this software in the future but, for now, just using the contribution part of the program is well worth the very reasonable price.

I use the "Membership and Contributions" part. Overall grade for it is A+++ !

Bewertet am 4.5.2016
Tom W.
Financial Secretary

Kommentare: Ken Owens has been VERY helpful from the first day I started using this software. What few questions I had at the beginning, Ken was right there. He was extremely patient and prompt and has remained so ever since! The software is well thought out and the User Manual is written so that a new customer can read and understand it at the same time that he's picking up the new words and features. The transition from the old program I was using was almost seamless because of the designers of FlockBase had apparently studied the function of the "Membership and Contributions" position. I would recommend FlockBase without any reservations!

Worth twice the money!!

Bewertet am 20.1.2017
Pastor daryl B.

Kommentare: We started out with very little knowledge of software for church books. FlockBase and its support walked us right through it. The more we use the program, the more we appreciate the work, thought, and application for churches in it. Thanks to rep, and his team for blessing the kingdom through their talents that bless us! Our Treasurer appreciates 3 things: forgiveness (you can correct your mistakes), Timing (you can close out the month even after the 31st), church funds (you enter once designated funds). This program was designed for the needs and uses of churches.

Flockbse is the most user-friendly software I have ever used.

Bewertet am 13.10.2015
Edna S.
Trustee

Kommentare: I have been the only user of this software for our small church. We have subscribed to Flockbase for over five years. I like the ease of use of the features of Flockbase. I like the fact that you do not have to go to a lot of screens to get to where you need to go. The only thing I wish for is to get more variety of reports. I get the reports that are needed to provide to our members. There is nothing I can say negative about the program. If I have a question, it is answered almost as soon as I ask it. The support is great. I hope that Flockbase will be around for a long time.