Über Virtual TimeClock

Virtual TimeClock ist eine leistungsstarke, nutzerfreundliche Personalzeiterfassungssoftware für Mac- und Windows-Computer. Keine monatlichen Gebühren mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Virtual TimeClock

Cost when starting up a company, did not know about the company before that time, got lucky.

The software doesn't really have many weak points for my application.

Bewertungen zu Virtual TimeClock

Virtual TimeClock hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 250 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Virtual TimeClock bereits verwendet?

Eric
Eric
IT and Tech Support in USA
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very stable and high quality product that is great for SMBs

It just works. That is not an easy thing to say about any software. Windows and Microsoft Office fail constantly and have zero support. The very few times that I have had trouble over the last several years, they were very responsive and helpful. Problems were resolved on the first try. They also actively keep working to make the product better. Over the years, the feature set has increased to the point that we aren't even using all the features they have. They send out useful information periodically, but they aren't spammy about it.

There are a couple minor gripes that boil down to my personal preferences in UI. I would appreciate a menu of buttons for each user without needing to right-click to access something as basic as a time sheet. The most basic in/out options appear with a single click.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Thank you for your review and feedback, Eric! We very much appreciate your business over the last 14 years. I will send your UI recommendation on to our development team, we're always listening for ways to improve the user experience. Thanks again!

Rachelle
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for tracking hours

Kommentare: This is a very good program that is very affordable. It does exactly what I need it to do and the customer support is amazing. Any time I have a question I have received fast and friendly service.

This software is easy to use and set up. I use it for payroll as well as for specific jobs. Each job has it's own # and employees can easily switch between different jobs throughout the day. I can print out hours for each job or for each employee or for a specific timeframe. It's very easy to filter for exactly what you want.

After a job is complete and moved to "inactive" you cannot print a report for it unless you make it active again, it would be nice if you could choose between active, inactive or all activities. You also cannot clock back into that job just by making it active again, there are several steps to go through to allow employees to clock into it again after it has already been changed to active. It would be nice to allow only certain employees access to certain activities without making a new group for them because you can't view more than one group at at time. If I want to see all users I will get past employees as well. If I make an admin group and a tech group I can't view everyone that is clocked in, I would have to switch between groups to see everyone that's clocked in.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hello Rachelle, Thank you so much for the favorable review. Historical data for inactive jobs or activities is visible when running an "All Entries" report. Filtering options only display active activities though we do have a feature request for filtering by inactive. Please feel free to contact our support with any questions you may have. We are happy to help.

Patricia
owner in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Pdickson

Kommentare: It is faster and more reliable than Timelot. Reports and admin tasks can be on more than one computer. Employees can see info on vacation and missed punches

I own my copy and do not have to pay monthly or per user fees.

1. does not interface with Quickbooks ONLINE 2. Scheduling is limited. Need to have more flexibility. We have overlapping shifts, we need to apply a schedule to each employee. 3. Need a holiday calculator based on the number of hours worked. Holiday should auto post based on the calendar of holidays.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Patricia - thanks for stopping by to leave your feedback! We've had a lot of request to integrate with QuickBooks Online and we'd like to provide that down that road, so stay tuned. I'll reach out about your shift schedules question and holiday calculator, I'm happy to submit those requests for you. I'm glad the program has been simple for you and your employees to use. Thanks again!

Ciro
Procurement Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The Valuable Time Navigating Platform

Kommentare: Virtual TimeClock brings more time organization, and there are assertive measures for proficiency.

Virtual TimeClock delivers structured time management processes for business planning.

Virtual TimeClock has created a useful online time control that is flawless.

Angela

Easy timeclock software on Mac

Kommentare: Keeping track of employee's hours, managing attendance, sending messages when needed, allows staff to monitor their hours to keep OT under control, manager access to oversee payroll budget when making the schedule.

The system has a kiosk interface on the mac that can easily convert to an administrative screen for supervisors to run reports. The latest updates to the system allows missed punches to be added by the employee with a note stating the correction or suggestive start/stop time that was missed. Can send notes to the employees. Install is super easy.

They stopped developing a cloud based/mobile based version. If updating software goes too long after many updates to Mac IOS, then the system doesn't want to backup when set (doesn't work well with backing up to a remote device) or the daemon to run the timeclock service from server to client drops more frequently.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Angela! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. I'm glad to hear the time clock continues to be a benefit to your company. I can assure you that mobile apps for Virtual TimeClock are still a high priority for us; thank you for being patient with us! We're not aware of any issues with scheduled backups not working after upgrading macOS - please make sure when you upgrade operating systems that your version of Virtual TimeClock is still compatible. You can view system requirements in the support tab on our website. Thanks again Angela!

Jennifer
Accountant in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Big Improvement

Kommentare: It was easy to setup a different version of the standard report so I had the data viewed a little differently than their standard versions provided. It was easy to setup all of the employees in the program and it's been simple to use.

The product was simple to setup and implement. Everyone adapted quickly to the new program.

I haven't encountered any issues so far.

Dentist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Redcort Software is the best!

Kommentare: The software is very easy to use, The reports are excellent. It is easily backed up. The software team are very responsive with issues and resolutions come fast. Overall I am very pleased.

1. Ease of operation. 2.A variety of reports 3.Employee address and phone number tracking as well as salary 4. Easily backed up on a schedule.

I would like it to have an Iphone application that I could easily access to quickly view my staff and their in/out status. I would like it to have the functionality that I could set it up to receive alerts when someone punches in late or take a longer lunch than allotted. I do not necessarly need user end access for punching in and out-Just as an admin.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hello Dr. Sachs and thank you for your review! Glad to hear the software has been a good fit for your team over the years. Mobile applications are still a priority for us, so thank you for being patient with us, we know many customers are excited for that feature. I know our development team has an existing feature request for notifications and alerts, so I will add your name to that request. Thanks again for the kind words!

Robert
Robert
Dentist in USA

Great Software for Small Businesses like myself.

Kommentare: Paperless. Easy to use and great way to keep employment records.

Besides it being accessible from almost anywhere (we have network addition), I like the customized reports, the details such as keeping track of Paid Time Off, and the details such as that it flags people who forget to clock-out. You know those people.

The messaging is a good idea, except they need to figure out a way to make it interact with the administrators more. For instance, I am the boss. I don't clock in all of the time. So if some employee messages me, I won't see it for days. It would be great if they implemented SMTP(email) or SMS where you would get messages outside the system as well.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Thank you for the glowing review and kind words, Dr. Stark. We appreciate your last 10 years with Virtual TimeClock! We are absolutely working on integrating email with the messaging feature for that exact reason. I will follow up with an email to give you some additional information. Thanks again!

Stephanos
Stephanos
Owner in Österreich
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Update received

Kommentare: Just logging in and out. We don't hand out time sheets as we work "all in".

It works fast and easy, self explaining for the employees – we use it with a touch screen Mac as a central time clock, so no learning necessary.

A bit difficult in the backend. Still lost user passwords can't be retrieved, also the interface would be nice in a german localized version. We'd like to help with this.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Stephanos, thank you for reviewing your Virtual TimeClock software. I'm glad the time clock has been working so well for your team! For security reasons, the TimeClock does not store passwords in plain text, which is why they can't be revealed/retrieved. Instead passwords are stored as hashes, which keeps them secure. You can always delete or change user passwords in the User settings window. Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate it. Happy time tracking!

Hector
Engineer in Puerto Rico
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Have been using VTC since 2014

Can be use in multiple Operating System environments.

I have remote personnel and wish that this product could be used web base over phone or remote computer.

letzten Monat

Hi Hector! Thank you for the review. We're glad that you have been a Virtual TimeClock customer for such a long time. Our Network Edition allows for remote access the time clock. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Laura
Practice Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Time Clock Learning Curve

Kommentare: Fairly easy to navigate, now that I know what I'm doing. The learning curve was a little steep and I'm sure there are still features I could be utilizing that I haven't figured out yet.
Customer support is always ON POINT! Very helpful.

Ability to look at everyone's time clock reports through the payroll feature and being able to set each payroll period.

We didn't know that it wasn't set up to automatically figure in overtime for any employee that was entered AFTER we set everyone one up with a customer support rep. This caused us to have an employee bring me all overtime she didn't get paid from when she started in Feb. 2019 till Oct. 2019! I looked like an idiot and she lost trust in me to correctly do payroll. Very frustrating.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to review Virtual TimeClock. We appreciate your feedback! You are correct, since the software allows you to configure overtime rules on a per user basis, overtime rules are not currently auto assigned when you add a new employees. That being said, I would be happy to submit your feedback to our team, we're always looking for ways to make the software better for our users. Thanks again!

IT Support in Australien

the software has been used at this location for many years. It's been great

The constant updating for the program means that it becomes more streamlined as the updates come out and the features become more and more helpful for everyday uses and the administrators. Who have more control over the software. We find the network side to quite efficient and reliable. Overall it's fantastic software for its purpose.

We use the software on a daily basis in terms of because for the product we find that sometimes it's not always responsive and it doesn't always pick up our DNS server for the implementation of the software on a new workstation but I just pick in the IP address. I'm pretty much nick picking there's not much I can put down as a con for the product.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Michael, thank you for your review of Virtual TimeClock! I'm happy to hear it's been a helpful product for your team through the years. I'll reach out personally about the auto-discovery function of the Network Edition. Sometimes this can be blocked at the TimeClock Server level by firewall or antivirus. Thanks again!

Rick
Director of Retail Operations in USA

Virtual TimeClock vs Web based options

Kommentare: The overall experience is great, it is well worth the money

Simple, Straight forward & no subscription fees

The networking addition requires some ongoing attention due to random Microsoft updates of the server. Occasional hiccups at users computers, these are easy to fix & support is great but still it's something the admin has to deal with.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hello Rick, Unfortunately, some windows updates do automatically close ports opened in the Windows firewall. This affects any program that uses specialized ports. It is an easy fix when this happens and please feel free to contact our support with any questions you have. We are happy to help you get the most out of your software.

Taryn

Huge Time Saver

Kommentare: Time saving, employees can easily keep track of their time. I love it. It's the perfect balance of simplicity and great features.

Easy to use for employees and admin, accurate time keeping, saves me a ton of time at payroll. The set up is a breeze, fixing errors is straight forward, employees "get it" very quickly.

I did once try to use the time off tracking, but found it too difficult. It was because our company's calculation methods were too confusing, it was no reflection on the software.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Taryn, thank you for the glowing review! Since leave tracking can get complex from business to business, we've tried to stick with leave options that are simple to use and comprehensive enough for most companies. I'm happy to touch base with you to see if there's a way your office can use our leave awards. Thanks again for the feedback!

Daniel
Owner in Spanien
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Latest version is great!

Kommentare: The overal experience has been great for over 14 years now.

After using the old version (don't even recall which one) for many years, my old iMac G4 finally died and I was "forced" to move up to the latest. It was a great surprise. Easy to use and implement. Cleaner interface and the added reports are fantastic. Some of the old methodology remains so it keeps it somewhat familiar. I do like the means whereby if an employee clocks out the next morning (by accident because they didn't clock out after work the previous day), the system flags that entry as a possible error and allows for repair.

The software doesn't really have many weak points for my application.

President in USA

Satisfied customer..

Your gal Angie is an amazing tech support person. She has kept us on track for over 12 years!!

I wish that your time clock had a smart phone app so as administrator I could make changes or corrections on the fly.

letzten Monat

Hi Joseph! Thank you for the kind review. We're glad you are happy with the software. Please take a moment to contact us and we would love to hear your web and mobile needs. We are always looking for ways to improve and find ways to delight our customers.

JESSICA
ACCOUNTANT in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

GREAT SOFTWARE FOR OUR COMPANY!

Kommentare: The program is user friendly and also as an administrator, editing entries and configuring data, is super simple.

User friendly and the different levels of security for users, managers, and administrators.

As an administrator, with the recent program upgrade, in the approval process, I now can't change the dates at the top of the page, as I could before. Sometimes, another administrator will close out the period, and I still need to export some data for records. I then have to reopen prior period in configuration, then go back to approval window, export, then close period again.

Mitch
Chief Operating Officer in USA

Amazing Software and works on PC and/or Mac

Kommentare: Already did this in the "Pros" section.

This is a very easy program for employees and managers to use . Tech support is amazing and they are able to answer questions and fix any problems very quickly. Can be used in multiple locations and multiple departments. I have used this software now in 3 different businesses for over 20 years and love it. The support staff is amazing!

I don't see any "cons" with this software. I have never had any major issues that weren't handled within an hour.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Greetings Dr. Mitch and thank you for taking the time to review your time clock software. We appreciate your support over the years, and look forward to serving you for years to come. Thanks again!

Braden
General Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great desktop, no mobile app

Kommentare: I have use Virtual TimeClock for a long time and I think it’s one of the best desktop versions out there so the only problem I have with it Is it very difficult to manage day today since I’m restricted to the desktop only version

It’s a great product For desktop only use.

No mobile app, no cloud functionality or web browser access.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Braden - thank you for leaving a review and your feedback. I know you've been awaiting our mobile release for some time. Please know that we're right there with you, we're anxious to get mobile apps wrapped up and release for our customers. Thanks for being patient with us and sticking around while you wait. We will be sure to let you know as soon as we have more news about mobile applications. Thanks again!

Kenda
Assist. Director in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Courthouse Christian Preschool

Kommentare: Great customer service. Not being a tech person or computer person, the customer service person made set up very easy.

Easy set up and use. Administrator came make easily make any corrections that are needed. Also, being able to print out timesheets for our payroll person was easy.

No complaints at this time with the software.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Thank you for taking the time to review your time clock, Kenda! We're glad the software is working out well for you and that you've had a great experience with our customer service team!

Audrey
Treatment Coordinatior in USA

This program is simple to use. We use it for keeping up with employee work time, vacation, and sick

It is so user friendly. We hardly ever have issues with running it. All of the girls adapted very well to the ease of using it.

The last update was a little tricky due to us having to have the IP address on the main computer (if you aren't pretty smart with using computers it will take a while to find that info lol ) We had to update all of the machines which took a bit of time.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Audrey and thank you for your review! We totally hear you about the old upgrade process, it did take extra time and effort. The good news is now that you're on Version 18, future upgrades are really easy with the automatic software updates. Thank you for the feedback!

Jason
President in USA

Just a few hiccups

Ease of use; has lots of features that I may not need but the ones I use are easy to get to and use.

When switching to and from user / admin screens, the screen goes from full screen to a minimized screen. You have to maximize each time you switch.

Antwort von Redcort Software

Hi Jason, thank you for taking a few minutes to review Virtual TimeClock - we really appreciate it! I'm glad the software has worked out so well for your team the last few years. In version 19 we introduced Kiosk Mode which will retain your full-screen settings when switching between admin mode and user mode. It looks like that's a free upgrade for you so I will reach out with details today. Thanks again!

GAYLE
Accounts Payable in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ten years of satisfaction

Kommentare: We are able to track time spent on various tasks done during the day, allowing a more accurate estimating process.
Employees are able to sign in and out easily, and errors are easily fixed when a punch is missed.
Reports are easily obtained and detailed.

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and gives concise reports.

I preferred the 'old' way of viewing the in and out people lists on each side of the screen, and also the double click method of signing in.

Jamie

Great for Orthodontic Practice

User friendly and in the rare times we need assistance, the customer service is exceptional!

Nothing. Very happy with all aspects of Virtual TimeClock.

letzten Monat

Hello Jamie! Thank you for the stellar review. We're glad you are enjoying Virtual TimeClock. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Lynne
Practice Adminstrator in USA

Easy to Use

The software is really intuitive and user friendly. Makes my payroll processing very easy. Reports are customizable and easy to run.

The only "wish" I have is that the software would display the DAILY elapsed time on the home screen - it would help me manage if an employee is getting close to hitting their 8 hours for the day. Currently it only shows the elapsed time of their shift segment and starts all over once they clock out and back in from lunch.