MyStudentsProgress.com Erfahrungen

von MyStudentsProgress.com

Filtern nach:

Über MyStudentsProgress.com

Diese Schulverwaltungssoftware bietet Eltern Online-Zugriff auf die Noten, Hausaufgaben, Anwesenheit und Aktivitäten ihrer Kinder.

Erfahre mehr über MyStudentsProgress.com

"Great software program"

Kommentare: We have been able to increase the communication with parents in terms of viewing grades and assignments online. Being a web-based platform has made it more accessible and reliable for our teachers as they enter their grades and assignments. They love how easy it is to use!

Vorteile: I love how many things you can do with MSP. From grading, to attendance, calendar, emailing, reports, they cover it all.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish they had was a lesson plan module. We have to use an outside program, and it would be easier to just have it integrated into MSP. But I understand they are working on that!

Jonathan S.
IT Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Great technical support for product that gets the job done"

Kommentare: Our overall experience with MSP has been good. We at the school have pretty reasonable expectations that changing a School Management platform is never easy, but what is making the difference for us is that technical support has been very responsive.

Vorteile: This is one of the more affordable solutions we found for our school. The customization for our report cards and transcripts was excellent. Custom demographics was also a nice addition as we can make a student's profile data contain fields that are specific to our needs. It's best quality is the account manager\technical support they provide. Any question I have is answered extremely fast and the answers are well thought out. This has been invaluable to us, since our school setup is somewhat unique. It has been a huge relief to us.

Nachteile: There are some fit and finish issues that I imagine will be worked out in time. For example, a label for a text field might be off center with the text field itself. The user interface might not be making the best use of some of the space. Sorting through classes can be time consuming as some fields will not sort alphabetically, but some fields do. The service had a couple brief outages, but those have been resolved as of late.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Sandra G.
Software Administrator
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2017

"As a unique private charter school we are finding MSP not as adaptable to our needs as hoped."

Vorteile: Customer Service: It has been most useful to have a representative assigned to our school who knows our idiosyncrasies. Although we cannot readily reach her by phone, she responds to emails very quickly and addresses issues in a timely manner. Training sessions/webinars are individualized and very helpful. Our representative has gone "above and beyond" expectations to make sure our questions are answered.
Assignments and Grade book: Our teachers are very happy with the ease of inputting assignments and grades, as well as with associated features.

Nachteile: Templates: Report card and transcript templates are very inflexible. The software limitations on how grades are displayed on report cards was not fully explained prior to our sample report card submission, after which we were "stuck" with templates that did not work well for us. Transcripts need to be able to show more than four years. The MSP templates do not allow for this.
Attendance: MSP is unable to track attendance by minutes missed, as required by Ohio law.
No school scheduling or business office modules.

• Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Nick B.
IT Administrator
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2019

"Easy for Admins. Not so Easy for Users"

Kommentare: It is easy to manage student information and new features are being added all the time. The support is outstanding and responsive.

Vorteile: Setting things up and getting them working is a breeze. The structure of things in the database seems well planned and things mesh well. The support I receive whenever I call or email is outstanding.

Nachteile: It isn't so easy for users to get signed in for the first time and even then, aside from the documentation, it isn't easy for them to use. This is especially true for the not digitally literate users. This includes mostly parents, but also a couple older teachers and our principal.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Diane E.
Accreditation Director
  • Bewertet am 6.1.2020

"Excellent Customer Support"

Vorteile: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from MSP has provided excellent support, from training to trouble-shooting. She is always quick to respond to our inquiries, and she helps explain solutions with patience and kindness. Our school has a unique schedule and many specific needs that are not typical of a K-12 school. She has helped customize MSP to suit our needs.

Nachteile: The software is not very intuitive in design and navigation. We have needed support to be able to understand it and make it work for us. Thankfully, the support is great.

• Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Emily B.
Technology Director
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2018

"Superior Customer Service"

Kommentare: We are currently solving the problem of a complicated, outdated billing system involving checks and partial payments coming from many different sources. MSP is helping us streamline our billing system to one platform. Parents are already very grateful for the change and finding it easy to use. They can pay for lunch, fees, and tuition, all in one place while easily seeing what they still owe and keep records of what they have paid.

Vorteile: MSP is a very intuitive school management system. I find that teachers and parents with technology comfort levels that vary widely all have an easy time navigating the functions of MSP. Very rarely does the system glitch, run slowly, or yield unexpected or undesired results. The teachers in our school use it for attendance, lunch, grading, reports, contacting families, monitoring student data, running reports, and more, with very few issues. On the occasion that we do have a question, our customer service representative gets back to us immediately with a solution, suggestion, or at the very least an assurance that the problem is being investigated. Lately, we have been using the new payment module function of MSP, and have had many questions, requests, and need for troubleshooting because we are new to the program. Our customer service representative responds quickly to many questions and requests each day, and has even organized lengthy phone/screen-sharing meetings with us to more efficiently and effectively help us use the system. I could not be more grateful for the customer service and attention to detail.

Nachteile: There is very little I dislike about MSP. Now that the payment module is in place and MSP is working to customize it to client needs, MSP suits almost every logistical need we have in regards to student management.

• Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Juvy M.
Juvy M.
Grade 8 ELA Teacher
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2018

"User-friendly interface that delivers excellent online navigating experience, anytime and anywhere!"

Kommentare: MyStudentsProgress not just solves my record keeping problems but it provides solutions that empower me as a teacher.

Vorteile: This software seemingly provides functionalities beyond my expectations because its features are what every end-user wants especially in the education set-up. As a teacher and end-user, it lessens my task as in terms of monitoring the attendance report, students' lunch time, real-time updating of students' grades, printing reports and demographics of each student. In just a mouse click I can easily monitor each student data and generate reports with little or no downtime at all. I also believe that the best feature of this web application is that the customer support is at its best. Whenever there are issues on the use and glitches of the application, the customer support provides an immediate feedback.

Nachteile: This system is near to perfection because every feature was designed properly but hopefully it will become customizable depending on the information needs of each institution.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Academic Manager
  • Bewertet am 5.11.2018

"Good for anyone tracking student data, not just schools"

Vorteile: Our company is not a school but we manage and take care of many students from multiple schools. Being able to have their photos, demographics, and key info available with any web browser and to be able to print customized reports and lists is very helpful with organizing programs and activities. We might need to see data on seniors living at one of our locations attending a particular school, and in a few seconds there it is.

Nachteile: Since the software assumes data from one school will be entered, the data entry work-around for putting in grades from 5 to 8 schools was on the tedious side but it was still possible.

• Bewertet am 5.11.2018
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2019

"Great software"

Vorteile: I love the number of modules in this program! Everything you need in one place.

Nachteile: At first, it's hard to maneuver, but when you get the hang of the system, it's easy.

• Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Cora W.
Cora W.
  • Bewertet am 14.3.2018

"MSP is very end user friendly. It is all that our school needed for a information management system."

Vorteile: What I love most about the software is that it is a all in one informational management system that allows me to maintain all student records, I love the professional training provided for our administrative team and teaching staff. Our account representative is very professional, knowledgeable, and patient. She worked with me to ensure that our school was on-boarded properly, handling any questions or concerns in a very efficient and caring manner. Once on-boarded (fully setup), she remained in contact to ensure that all was well. If there are any questions or concerns, we can reach out to her via phone or email. Her response time is almost immediate. That alone has been such an added bonus.

Nachteile: There are some features that I would like to see added to streamline a few of the courses and attendance processes.

• Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Ian M.
Website Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.6.2017

"Easy to use, yet packed full of features"

Kommentare: Our organization got many benefits from using MSP. The biggest is ease of use. It's so easy to do anything and everything in MSP. Also, because MSP is so well built out, it's easy to instruct others about how to do anything. Plus, their top notch support is always willing to schedule trainings in order to learn how to do something within the system.

Vorteile: MSP is awesome. I switched our small, private school over to it this past year and the transition was quite smooth. Their customer support is attentive to our every need and able to address any and all issues in a very short amount of time. MSP is quite extensive in all that it can do, yet it is well laid out. Every function of the system is easily accessible, and best of all, it makes sense. The amount of time I spend doing admin tasks has been cut down significantly since switching to MSP, plus I can do way more than I ever could with my previous system mashup of WordPress and Google Docs. My favorite part about MSP is how fast and easy it is to find any specific piece of information. If it's a certain detail about a student or a whole report on a custom demographic, it's quite easy to get whatever I need in a matter of seconds. But best of all, MSP is relatively affordable. Compared to the other systems out there (I looked at a ton before finding MSP), it's great to have a piece of software that even small schools can afford.

Nachteile: I'd say my least favorite part about the software is the customization. But, in some ways that's a good thing. I just wish that I could brand MSP a little bit more to our school. Adding our logo in various places, putting a support email somewhere, customizing the login screen those would all be great to do. But sadly, I can't. However, it's not a deal breaker. I'd rather have a system that works!

• Bewertet am 30.6.2017
Tonie E.
School Secretary
  • Bewertet am 30.8.2016

"MSP at St. Patrick School, Kansas City, MO"

Kommentare: The first year I really struggled with the lack of training. I was expected to learn the modules with no training while doing my daily responsibilities which was extremely difficult. MSP issue or Diocesan issue, I'm not sure.
The support team have always been extremely helpful and in most case have gotten back to me within the day, always within 24 hours.

Vorteile: MSP offers a lot of report options. It is nice to be able to send communications to your target audience. I found this helpful when creating information for our teachers and staff for our Emergency Binders and Voice & Text Messaging.

Nachteile: The lunch module doesn't work for us on the updated MSP screen and we've had to go back to the old format to use that particular module. I'd like to be able to use this module with the new MSP screen format.
I also wish that we could use the calendar module to track student daily attendance as well as teacher/staff attendance. For example, If a teacher is absent on an in-service day (non-student day). I do not have a way to track the teachers absence on MSP if I want the student daily attendance count to be accurate.

• Bewertet am 30.8.2016
Michelle F.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.2.2021

"Good for what it does"

Kommentare: The program has excellent resources, they are just very difficult to get to. The interface is not intuitive and there are far too many layers and drop down menus to make it quick to navigate until you really know what you are doing. Customer support has been excellent, which is a plus since we've definitely needed their help to find things we know the program can do but, again, they are not immediately evident in the top layer of menus, or take too many stops to accomplish.

Vorteile: It fits our budget, it has log-ins for parents, students, teachers, and administrators, customer support has been very good.

Nachteile: It has too many layers. It's not easy to find what you need, it's very intuitive. Sending an e-mail from a teacher to a group of parents is not easy- there are far too many steps involved. Once you create a list for an email, you cannot easy edit it or add people to it. Finding the information you are looking for as a parent is very difficult (assigments are hidden in a separate layer from the class and there is no easy way to figure out how to get there).

• Bewertet am 15.2.2021
Sarah S.
School Registrar
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2020

"Promptness makes for happy users"

Kommentare: We're a small school who has sharpened it's online presence for parents wanting to watch their children's progress and keep up on what their teachers are covering from day to day.

Vorteile: The best part of this software is the person who support us day to day. We use several features and have others available to use that we don't currently need. Nice to know they are there should we need them. There has been no question or issue that our support rep hasn't been able to handle promptly. The pro of this software is that when we need something added or changed or just direction of how to handle an issue that happens once in a blue moon it's handled professionally and quickly.

Nachteile: There are no negative to MSP. What may seem at first to be a hitch is resolved when discussed with the rep who then helps us implement what we want.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2020
Theresa r S.
Technology Administrator/Teacher
  • Bewertet am 3.6.2020

"My Students Progress Review"

Kommentare: MSP has improved the quality of our Parent/Teacher communication beyond measure. Using MSP has proved to be a great success for Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School

Vorteile: My Students Progress is user friendly, easy to navigate, and most importantly, dependable.
Tech Support goes over and above to ensure that when an issue should arise, it is addressed immediately and taken care of in a reasonable amount of time.
MSP is well liked by our faculty and staff as it has sufficiently cut in half their daily workload.
When I call my Tech specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he returns my calls within an hour. He walks me through new and various approaches to improve my technique as the school administrator on My Students Progress. He is always very patient, understanding and happy to help.

Nachteile: I do not have any issues with the MSP Software.

Sue L.
Administrative Secretary/IT
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2018

"Mystudentsprogress for Immaculate Conception Columbia, IL"

Kommentare: MSP has always been a very innovative company from the beginning of it's start. They work with you minute by minute developing the best plan for your school making changes for you as the need arises.
They make you feel important and that no question or concern is too small.
I have worked with other SIS systems in the past but msp has been the easiest and most accommodating.

Vorteile: Easy to use and intuitive menus. I love all of the report functions. Lunch menus are easy to input.
Student progress reports are great. I like that MSP will make changes to the report card templates as needed. Conduct feature is a great help.
Love the parent notifications.

Nachteile: The only con I have is the voice messaging. I would love to be able to do the entire calling from a phone and not have to go back and hit submit on the computer.

Melody I.
Director of Admissions and Technology
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2019

"The best year ever!"

Kommentare: We have cut back on the amount of paper that we have generated with forms in the past. We no longer have to have notebooks in every classroom with student information. Several folks have gained lots of significant time back into their day because they are no longer answering the same questions over and over. Parents and Faculty are able to access the information on their own now.
The prospect and admissions module is easy to navigate through and has all the information in one places.

Vorteile: It was just the right fit for our school. Some of the other software had lots of modules that we would be paying for that we would never use. One of the best aspects of the software is the support team that comes with it. Even past our initial set up, they were there with continuous support.

Nachteile: Some things we were hoping for, parent teacher conferencing, wasn't there yet. We still have to use a third party to do this.

• Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Carol M.
Technology Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 18.8.2016

"MSP at Holy Cross Catholic School of Defiance"

Kommentare: Our school has been using MSP since 2010. It is a wonderful tool for everyone to use - administration, teachers, students and parents. We are working diligently on utilizing all of the features that are available to us. There are so many reports available and it is a great way of communicating across the board. We have submitted suggestions for the site and they are always taken into consideration.

Vorteile: The fact that it is so user-friendly. No one has time to sit and try to figure out how a website functions. MSP is so easy to navigate for all users.

• Bewertet am 18.8.2016
Julia C.
Middle School Language Arts Teacher
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"Intuitive and Comprehensive"

Vorteile: MSP has all of the qualities I need to provide feedback to my middle school students and their parents on a daily basis. I can input grades, comments, report card information, assignments, due dates, rubrics, and sample assignments. The customer support is also prompt and proactive in helping our team.

Nachteile: The site will kick me back two screens for certain aspects (looking at an individual's grades). I wish that I could easily toggle back and forth between class and individual grades.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Katherine P.
Office manager / Registrar
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2019

"MSP review"

Kommentare: Over all, I personally get more and more efficient at using MSP and all it can do for us in running the front office of a school.

Vorteile: We like the convenience of having all the info at our fingertips. Being able to capture and run reports for parent and student data is fairly simply.

Nachteile: Report card system and teacher grade books are cumbersome. We hear lots of grumbling from faculty at grade time about MSP and difficulties with inputting grades and comments.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2019
Penn W.
Communications Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2019

"Outstanding, Lightning-Speed Customer Support"

Kommentare: MSP has streamlined many of the administrative tasks for daily school life. The customer service (we email the rep at MSP) has been incredible. We hear back so quickly that we're almost never waiting on an answer to solve a problem. We also receive a quick, clear answer when MSP simply does not have a function we would ideally want, which is very useful. I'd rather know that something is simply unavailable than hear equivocation or potential workarounds that don't actually do the same function.

Vorteile: Ability to search student profiles quickly; centralized location for parents to update their own info and find all the necessary forms

Nachteile: Cumbersome and not intuitive AT FIRST, but after exploring a bit, it becomes much easier to navigate; steep learning curve for newcomers, faculty and parents alike; difficult to provide troubleshooting advice to parents without having gone through the process of registering as a parent

• Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Dana S.
8th Grade Teacher
  • Bewertet am 3.6.2020

"MSP Review- Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School"

Kommentare: MSP is an awesome program and I know that my fellow colleagues agree. It has cut our grading time in half, thus giving us the ability to give our students all of our energy! It is easy to use, well organized, and absolutely wonderful! I am a proud MSP user!

Vorteile: MSP has proven to an immense help to me each day. I love how easy it is to use and I enjoy the organization aspect of the site. It has made my grading and attendance process so much easier!

Nachteile: I do not have anything bad to say.I like everything about MSP!

Suzanne S.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2016

"My Students Progress training seminar"

Kommentare: Hi
Cody gave me a very detailed training in the "create reports"
section of the MSP module. It was so helpful to see the different means of emailing, creating reports and how to run the attendance for this school year using create reports refresh.

Vorteile: The convenience of looking up information and easy access to reports.

Nachteile: To remember to use reports and not lists as the lists are not updated when updates are applied through search.

• Bewertet am 28.7.2016
Jessica K.
Secretary
  • Bewertet am 13.11.2017

"great customer service and support"

Kommentare: Everything is online at the touch of a button. You do not have to be at the school to look up information.

Vorteile: I like that it is user friendly once you have been trained on how to use each module. I also like that parents can update certain information and that report cards can be sent out electronically.

Nachteile: Would be nice to have an online video on how to use the different modules for a teacher, a parent, and an admin. Like one video for each user that will train them in one session. The only other thing would be to make it possible for an admin to go in and view/change a parent, teacher, and student passwords when they get locked out or are just starting to use the program.

• Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Laurie P.
Administrative Assistant
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2019

"MSP for Elementary School"

Vorteile: The front end applications are very user friendly.

Nachteile: Not all the modules interact with one another; data is inconsistent from one module to another. We initially had quite a few issues with report card templates -- corrections done for one quarter weren't carried over to templates for other quarters; inconsistencies with formatting, fonts, alignment, etc.; missing grades or comments. Inability to limit number of characters in comments fields for report cards. Once a new CSR was assigned to our account, we had fewer issues and the support has been excellent.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2019