Über Expensify

Mit Expensify kannst du deine Belege ganz einfach nachverfolgen und die Ausgaben unterwegs verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Expensify

Love the corporate card integration function, which allows administrators to track pending translocation and overall management of the credit card account.

There is no user support and the lack of reporting tools.

Bewertungen zu Expensify

4,0

Expensify hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.076 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Expensify bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.076)

CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Managing My Expenses with Ease

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The ability to automatically classify and code each receipt has improved accuracy and efficiency in expense management. Additionally, the feature of automatically submitting business expenses for approval and reimbursement has streamlined internal processes, which is especially useful in a business environment.

What I liked most about this software is the ability to track receipts and manage expenses efficiently and without complications. The feature of taking a photo of the receipt and having the details automatically transcribed is incredibly convenient. This has significantly simplified the expense recording process, saving me a lot of time and effort.

Although the platform overall is easy to use, I have encountered some challenges in initial setup and customizing certain features to fit the specific needs of my business. This took a little more time and effort than I initially anticipated.

Peter
Peter
Assistant Manager/Assistant in Spanien
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Expensify my chaos

Kommentare: Overall it is a great fit for small businesses that use it to scan and save expenses while giving a good reporting tool so you can review your spend. I would recommend it for owner managers or small teams that also have a gestor or just to streamline your administrative accounting or bookkeeping experience. Oh and it integrates with other programs too.

Ease of use and ability to finally organise my receipts in time for the gestor. I didn’t have to presort them as they are saved and retrievable digitally by category or date or supplier. I liked that I could just email a bunch of receipts off at the same time to Expensify and they would upload all the receipts later ready for me to check and categorise and of course it remembers categories so you can save on time doing that too.

If anything the time to upload a receipt manually could be improved. I wasn’t sure if I had done it correctly or not the first few times I tried and it sort of felt a bit clunky. This was from my iPhone XR though so not sure if it’s a better experience on android.

Cristina
Accountant in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy Expense Management System

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

As an accountant I really appreciate its expense mapping and the way it integrates with NetSuite. I like the workflow, the reports, and the automations that are included to flag any errors!

I don't have any complaints, I do feel that the use and cost ratio is not supportive for smaller companies but for high volume expenses this is an absolute MUST HAVE.

Owner-Operator in USA
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Affordable and Convenient , yet I plan to leave expensify

Kommentare: it is worth trying. but unlike even a year ago the competition is finally offering similar features for similar pricing.

due to popularity it is easily assesable and offered many ways to upload an expense. I like how unlike most app/software companies gets it as they make if affordable and capture the biggest marketshare.any companies think their software is be get tham it is and is cost prohibitive or have user minimums which usually are not applicable for small business. I love how they are one of the few to offer personal credit card integration feeds. Believe it or not most do not and actually expect us to upload statements

buggy at times, doesn't transition from mobile to desktop or we based version. mobile app.has far less ability. mostly if fails at the main purpose, saving me time. every months nearly every expense is duplicated, failing to match itself to the credit transactionnand this takes forever to fix. It only sycs properly to the credit transaction if the receipt photo is taken from then app. if you try to upload screenshots? email you invoiced and use the ios "Sent too function" it duplicates the transaction..tech support actually told me to wait for the bank before uploading the receipt. This eliminated the entire point of the product.

Gregory
Software Engineer in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Simplifies a painful process

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Once you've got the hang of using it, Expensify will make managing expenses simple. I've done the same thing with paper, spreadsheets and Concur and the experiences were terrible and mistake ridden. Just put everything through expensify and forget about it. If you've missed something or have an action to complete expensify will get in touch to prompt you with clear instructions.

There is a bit of learning curve. I find the UI quite sparse and until you get the hang of what is where it's not always clear how to complete tasks with it. I have found that once you have learned what you're doing though, you don't foget because it's not actually that complicated.

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Super Easy to Use but Wish Quickbooks Integration Was Better

Kommentare: Use it to capture all expenses among our team. Works great on business trips. No more receipts stuffed into a suitcase on the way home. Does a good job of importing chart of accounts from Quickbooks. Easy to set rules (i.e. must have receipt for expenses above $25). Helpful having 4 options to add new expense - photo, email to Receipts@Expensify, upload receipt file, manually create. Great digital record capturing photos of all receipts. Nice to only pay per active user per month.

This is a great tool to capture your expenses. The interface is super easy to use--just taking a picture of a receipt and letting the tool fill in the necessary information.

Haven't been able to get the online version of Quickbooks to integrate with this, so our accountant still manually enters / uploads the expense report info every month

Margaret
VP Finance in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good enough.

Kommentare: It works fine, but It could be more flexible.

I like it because my users like it. They find it to be easy and quick to use.

From an admin perspective, I find expensify to be good but not great. I wish it had more flexibility with regard to approval flows.

Alex
Senior Accountant in USA
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great way to manage employee expenses!

Kommentare: Overall great. Virtual card does not work with our company so we are using another software to integrate that with.

User friendly and I like that it is streamlined way to input expenses and review.

The app isn't as user friendly, the app can import invoices better

Kari
Veterinary Technician in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Expensify in vet med

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Expensify has been much easier to help keep track of monthly expenses and has a clean, uncomplicated interface.

It helps keep track of all my finances in one place instead of multiple folders, Google drives, etc.

The inconsistencies of when an auto-receipt is generated.

Akmal
IT Support Technician in Malaysia
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Expensify - You'll never travel for work without it

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Couldn't recommend enough to companies that send their staff for travels, and easy way of tracking expenses while travelling, both for the employee and the staff.

Loving the simplicity of use of the Expensify app, helped me tremendously while travelling for work in keeping track of my travel expenses. Loving also the on-the-air currency exchange feature when submitting receipts that happens on the app.

No cons so far, loving the app and awesome support team.

Isaac
Operations Manager in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Expense Report Software for Small Enterprise

Kommentare: I used this software extensively in a previous position, both as administrator and user. For a small organization, this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees loved it and it is especially useful for organizations who either have a lot of people traveling or who have employees in geographically dispersed locations. We had employees living in very remote parts of the world and they were able to capture all of their expenses and submit reports from anywhere as long as they had an internet connection. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. I don't think this product will integrate with your accounting package but I don't think you would expect that from a product of this nature or price range. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process went very smoothly for us. Their customer service wasn't spectacular but this product type and cost is such that someone in house should be able to manage everything and you wouldn't likely need to contact them for anything. The product is priced on a PUPM basis and the rate is very reasonable. I highly recommend this product to any company that doesn't already have an expense reporting feature as part of some larger ERM product. You will not be disappointed!!

Ease of use and implementation, low monthly cost which can be scaled as you add or remove users, completely paperless system and ability to take photos on your phone and upload them to the app, and ease of routing and tracking.

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. I don't think you would expect this of a product at this price though.

Antwort von Expensify

Thank you for the thorough review, Isaac! Apologies to hear our support is not as fast as you'd like, this is something we're heavily investing our resources on and you should see faster response times soon! In terms of integration, please let us know at help@expensify.com if you're looking for something in particular. For a full list of our current integrations (including QBO, QBD, Xero, etc), check out https://use.expensify.com/all-integrations/. Have a great day, and thank you again for leaving us a kind review! We're so glad we're making expenses easier for you and your team!

Serguei
Accounting Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Convenient Expense Reimbursement Software

Kommentare: Overall great employee expense reimbursement system for small/midsize business. Easy to use and implement. Would definitely recommend!

I love using Expensify to reimburse our employees. It is super easy for employees to create expense reports. Expensify also has approval workflows which allows employees to submit their expense reports to their managers for review first before submitting to finance for reimbursement. Expensify is also integrated with our accounting system which allows me to sync expense reports without having to manually enter expenses again. The payout process is also super simple and can be done directly through Expensify by connecting your company's bank account.

I wish reporting was done easier in Expensify. Creating a report could be tricky (Expensify requires you to use formulas) but overall it is manageable if you learn a few tricks.

Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Great in theory, from a bookkeeping POV

When working properly, it easily brings account codes, jobs and copies of receipts into accounting software. It links to various credit cards with the paid version for easy reconciliations. The biggest benefit for my application was having the individual card users coding and providing backup for their transactions with the ability to then very easily reconcile in the account software (I use Xero).

The customer service is the worst I've ever encountered, of all companies I've ever worked with in my life. All questions are submitted via chat with a minimum of 2-4 hours between responses. This makes a conversation impossible. There is no help with initial setup or training, which would likely reduce all subsequent problems. Even for an accounting firm who wants to implement the software to a number of clients, there is no personal help. There are constant issues with the credit card links and the sync needs to be manually updated to reconnect. This is not apparent until the user realizes that transactions are missing. From a workflow perspective, these issues should be resolved automatically or a notification received. There are constant changes within the software without forewarning. This makes using this product a constant battle with regularity. It's also not as intuitive as it should be. My clients often tell me the same, that the software just simply doesn't work well. As a small addon to a much larger web of integrated softwares, the amount of issues I had with this software makes it not worth using for my firm. My frustrations with getting it set up properly for my clients was met with indifference by the staff. Ultimately, in a world with many other options, I was forced to go elsewhere.

Mohammed
Tech. Manager and Software Arch in Jordanien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A robust system for documenting and controlling expenses

Kommentare: Expensify enables us to document expenses and raise their records to the cloud with ease and smooth audits and approvals within specified dates.

The great thing about Expensify is that we are able to monitor, document and control all expenses. Through Expensify, team members got rid of collecting paper receipts and then preparing lists and submitting them to the accounting department for auditing and approval. With Expensify, things have become clearer, as each team member independently will be able to scan his invoices to be raised on his own cloud and enter data from them to his expense page, and then the accounting department will be able to audit and notify him of approval or request other inquiries, and by These quick and accurate procedures ensure that no receipts are lost and that you get the money straight away.

Not a lot of unwanted things, and it does not require a lot of effort on the part of the users to be able to track their expenditures properly.

Ellen
USA

Mixed bag of tricks

Good for keeping track of and reporting basic expenses incurred for your business. If you need it to do anything extra, not so great. Bells and whistles break frequently and at the worst times.

If you need customer service, start by asking someone else. If you submit a ticket or an email for an issue you may be having, they will respond (never sooner than 12-24 hours) with a copy of that topic's Help manual. In other words, their customer service gives new meaning to terrible. If you try responding to that copy/paste answer, they will copy/paste from another part of their Help manual. It's truly frustrating and you have to get stinking mad before an actual person replies to your issue, usually with a sorry for your troubles reply. I've given up asking them for help. Oh, and if you have a broken bank connection, they love to blame it on your bank instead of actually looking to see if it can be fixed on their end. And no, this is not the free version.

Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service

Kommentare: the software when working is great but the customer service is the worst I have ever worked with in the world and they don't care about paying clients

easy to track expense connects with stripe to invoice easy to mark paid

when a problem happens customer service does not exist problems can last over 1 month no credit for the system not working they want customers to fix issues that are their problem no managers in the company

Scott
CFO in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Mediocre product, and they will spam your entire user base

Kommentare: Not sure why they decided to spam my entire user base with incendiary political messages. Regardless of which side you are on, this was beyond inappropriate and left me with a lot of pissed off employees. I do not hire a T&E software company to give me their political beliefs, even if I may agree with them.

OCR matching directly with credit card receipt; auto submission at end of month with matched transactions

Hard push to get people to use their credit card; admin features spread out and confusing; pricing too high and increasing; company will spam your entire user base with incendiary political e-mails

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Expensify is decent for what it does but a product I'd ever recommend

Kommentare: It saves me time with my receipts and allows me to get reimbursed quickly, but this isn't a company I'd ever want to support. I wish my company would drop them.

Expensify has some cool things about it. It's pretty quick and easy to submit receipts for expenses and the approval process is easy. It's simple to add receipts and get everything compiled into one report for reimbursement.

I don't like that it's not always simple to add multiple receipts to one expense. Sometimes one is missing a date so I need to also include a card statement screenshot and adding the supporting documents doesn't appear within the report like I'd like them to. I also wish there was a better way to add comments to the expense itself rather than the chat-like thread within the report. I also have never had much luck with the auto-receipt reader. I just enter my info manually because it hasn't been super reliable. Most importantly, I have to say that the email message Expensify's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sent out to ALL Expensify users prior to the 2020 election was absolutely inappropriate and unprofessional. He had no place to use his platform and account holder lists to blast every Expensify user with such a biased, partisan message. If it were up to me, I would have dumped Expensify that very moment across my entire company because I don't want to do business with an organization that shoves their politics into my face unsolicited, regardless of which side of the fence they're on. Very dissatisfied with this approach.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We stopped using Expensify after 5 years of being customers

Kommentare: We've used their service for 4 years and they kept increasing their fees and finally they locked us in an annual agreement and changed their procing model again. They customer support don't answer any questions, they keep sending links to their documentation and support forms instead of answering questions.

Their software has a lot of features but nothing that the other player in the market don't have. their customer services is horrible

Their are far better alternatives in the market with better value, honestly stay away from them. we've worked with them for a long time and they changed from a startup to a big company with horrible customer service and focus on getting more money from their clients.

Amy
Book Publisher in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I WOULD NOT FUNCTION WITH OUT THIS APP!!!

Kommentare: My life is easier, I don't have to hang on to receipts that lose their ink. And it automates everything. I love it!

My favorite function of this app is that I simply take a photo of my receipt and it inputs EVERYTHING. It inputs the name of the place the receipt is from, the amount of money, and the date on the receipt. It's so simple! It even transfers my receipts from British pounds to US dollars automatically for me when I'm traveling. Or Canadian, or any other country I'm in. It does the conversion for me. Everything is automated. My life is so much easier, and I don't have to carry any receipts around with me. The other favorite thing is that once I'm ready to send a report in, it can be for the month, or a specific trip, or what ever, it emails the entire report broken down into categories for me in a PDF file with the receipt photos attached in the PDF. BOOM!

Elizabeth
HR Representative in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I've used Expensify as an administrator and user and have benefitted greatly in both aspects!

I find that as a user, the interface is very user friendly and easy to use. I can simply upload receipts and add comments to my expenses. I find it is also easy as an administrator to reject expenses and add comments as to why they were rejected. So easy to use!

The only thing that is hard is that a report won't allow me to add an expense to it in the app. The expense needs to be added first before it can be added to the report, which is hard. Also, it would be nice to make expenses for distance in the app. Perhaps I am able but just don't know how. If so, it could be helpful to make this feature easier to use.

Antwort von Expensify

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that we are helping making your job easier, both as an admin and an end user :) In regards to distance expenses, you can definitely create this via mobile if you click the (+) button located in the top right corner of the mobile app on the Expenses or Inbox tab. To add an expense to a report on the app, simply click into a report and you should be directed to a window with a (+) button in the top right corner. Click that to add a new expense to the report. Hope this helps, thanks again for using Expensify!

Chandresh
Administrative Officer in Indien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Decent expense tracking and receipting solution

Kommentare: Overall, it's been a good experience, coming from a largely monotonous and paper pushing way of uploading and creating receipts. However, we do expect further customization and improvement of the platform given the investment made into it

Expensify has an easy to use interface, which is helpful for non-tech savvy people like myself. It has cross platform support including a mobile application. It also allows to quickly generate receipts, greatly simplifying the process which would otherwise have taken us days

The user experience could've been better. Although cost is not something I have to worry about immediately, it could be a bottleneck for some users as it limits the usage per cost tier. Data privacy and loss are also a consideration, given we're dealing with critical financial data

Ghayathri
people operations manager in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Expensify for growing organizations

Simple UI, user friendly, great level of expense codes, QuickBooks integrations. Direct reimbursement for USA, and integrations based payment for foreign countries

Some features come at a different paid tier, which makes it hard to use for smaller/growing organizations

Monica
Executive Assistant in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's alright

Kommentare: It is difficult to navigate the site since there are so many ways to do the same thing. It has great features but you don't always know they are there.

I think the "default rate" for gas reimbursement is one of the best features they offer... that we utilize. It is great to have a rate set to the market of the person in the field because we have employees across the country, gas prices vary, and we want to fairly reimburse people. It is much easier than having to set a rate ourselves, monitor it, and change it as the market does.

It's not the most user friendly site to navigate. It is difficult to figure out how to submit an expense without some playing around. Since there are several ways to submit an expense, it is hard to tell if you are done and set to be reimbursed.

Evan
Evan
President in Puerto Rico
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deceptive pricing model & terrible customer service

Kommentare: It was fine until I tried downgrading my account and then it became a nightmare.

System was somewhat easy to use. The receipt scanning feature was also pretty cool.

I have been a paying customer of Expensify since 2019, but I stopped using it in December 2021 to move to a solution that worked better for my company. I kept one seat open for over 18 months because I thought I needed to do that to maintain the data. Once I found out it was possible to go to a free account without losing my data, I went to go and process the downgrade. I was shocked to find that they charge an additional monthly fee no matter what time of the month you downgrade the account! In my case, I downgraded the day after I was billed. No proration, and later found out that there was no refund - despite their "Concierge" giving me instructions on how to process a refund - only to find out I wasn't actually eligible... but they still wouldn't make it right. Their "Concierge" has no accountability - you can't get in touch with leadership. They just don't care anymore.