Filtern nach:

Über Expensify

Mit Expensify kannst du deine Belege ganz einfach nachverfolgen und die Ausgaben unterwegs verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Expensify

Tiana T.
Tiana T.
Human Resources Business Coordinator in USA
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly Interface

Kommentare: Great system to help track employee spending. The credit cards act as debit cards which is good if you’re a company that is trying to not live on credit.

Minimal learning curve if your team us any experience with expensing items in a software format. You can fix mistakes really easily and there aren’t a ton of buttons to wade through.

Sometimes new employees need to get reloaded to allow them to bill items to customers. That might be the accounting firm that we work with a fault though.

Executive Director in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Super Easy to Use but Wish Quickbooks Integration Was Better

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Use it to capture all expenses among our team. Works great on business trips. No more receipts stuffed into a suitcase on the way home. Does a good job of importing chart of accounts from Quickbooks. Easy to set rules (i.e. must have receipt for expenses above $25). Helpful having 4 options to add new expense - photo, email to Receipts@Expensify, upload receipt file, manually create. Great digital record capturing photos of all receipts. Nice to only pay per active user per month.

This is a great tool to capture your expenses. The interface is super easy to use--just taking a picture of a receipt and letting the tool fill in the necessary information.

Haven't been able to get the online version of Quickbooks to integrate with this, so our accountant still manually enters / uploads the expense report info every month

Loren R.
CFO in USA
Groߟhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Expensify Review

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We will likely proceed with a subscription, which involved a small monthly fee per user. It's a straightforward system and very budget friendly.

We are in a trial period currently, and find the software fairly simple to use. that the fee per user is reasonable.

No specific negatives on the software itself, though we wish we could centralize the approval part on our Slack system.

David B.
Owner-Operator in USA
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Affordable and Convenient , yet I plan to leave expensify

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: it is worth trying. but unlike even a year ago the competition is finally offering similar features for similar pricing.

due to popularity it is easily assesable and offered many ways to upload an expense. I like how unlike most app/software companies gets it as they make if affordable and capture the biggest marketshare.any companies think their software is be get tham it is and is cost prohibitive or have user minimums which usually are not applicable for small business. I love how they are one of the few to offer personal credit card integration feeds. Believe it or not most do not and actually expect us to upload statements

buggy at times, doesn't transition from mobile to desktop or we based version. mobile app.has far less ability. mostly if fails at the main purpose, saving me time. every months nearly every expense is duplicated, failing to match itself to the credit transactionnand this takes forever to fix. It only sycs properly to the credit transaction if the receipt photo is taken from then app. if you try to upload screenshots? email you invoiced and use the ios "Sent too function" it duplicates the transaction..tech support actually told me to wait for the bank before uploading the receipt. This eliminated the entire point of the product.

Mike W.
Sr. Director Systems in Kanada
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

It makes your life easier

Kommentare: I can't recommend this enough, we've moved to another platform (I won't mention here) and every week I miss expensify.

Before we deployed Expensify we used a cumbersome spreadsheet, and a zip files of jpgs to submit the receipts. It was painful, cumbersome, and made me delay doing expenses (which cost me money). Expensify with the simple app, great website, and smartscan feature for emailed receipts made keeping up on expenses simple.

The cost was higher than other solutions, and we just recently migrated away from it. I hope we decide to go back at some point.

Sanop marihot S.
Sanop marihot S.
Internet Marketing in Indonesien

Very easy to use and provides an interesting experience

Kommentare: We choose paid software so that all our financial activities are encrypted and not just anyone can open them. Apart from this interesting expensify software, our company data is stored safely and can only be used by professionals in our company.

During using this software, I learned more and more about how easy it is to manage company finances. Just by taking a photo, all data will be processed automatically. At first, I was very skeptical about buying it, but after I tried being recommended by my friend, I finally decided to buy it. Since then my thinking has changed 180 degrees.

The form of reports varies from country to country. Likewise, reporting standards in Indonesia are not the same as those often used in the US. I see the results of the reports made by Expensify are less professional. But no problem, this can be done manually by our team. Besides, it's free.

Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Absolutely a joy to use

Kommentare: Expensify makes it easy for employees to submit timely reimbursements, whether from their phones or the browser. On the other side, Expensify also makes it very easy for the expense administrator to approve reports.

The UI is so snappy and intuitive to use. Uploading receipts, finding what category to use, finding out if your expense is over budget--the UI tells you all exactly where you expect it.

This isn't inherent to the product itself, but I found customer support difficult to deal with. When I ran into a bug where the reports I had previously submitted disappeared, I had to wait a few days before they got back to me via email and their first question was basically "are you sure you had submitted them before?"

Jeff S.
Jeff S.
Contribution Manager in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome software!

Kommentare: Overall, it has been very pleasant. The staff reply to email questions quickly and work hard when there are errors.

As an approver of expenses, it is easy to reject wrongly submitted lines and tell the staff why. It is easy to approve and reimburse! They work hard to keep all major credit cards connected.

While it would be nice, it is hard to connect to every possible credit card and bank. My personal bank credit card does not connect for auto import.

Rebecca Z.
Administrative Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software for Managing Receipts

Kommentare: Expensify is great for the basic management and processing of receipts on a daily or monthly basis.

I love that I am able to manage all receipts and put them in the correct accounts. This helps when entering receipts for a bank reconcile. I also love the ease of attaching receipts by many different methods. My favorite is the drag and drop method.

The software can be a bit difficult to navigate when the receipts are older. You can't go back and edit past mistakes easily.

Quelle: GetApp

Not for Amex Business card users - run!

Kommentare: We needed to track our employees expenses. It worked fine for a while. Now, each new Amex business card doesn't integrate (we can't complete the log in process through expensify) so the charges are not coming in. So the time saving tool has become the opposite and is not doing the job we bought it for.

We loved it for a while. Even our most tech challenged people liked it's user interface, receipt uploading and reporting process.

For many months now, we have been unable to integrate with our most used and new Amex business card accounts. You can not get anyone on the phone so you're stuck with the concierge (text messages) who I have been bugging about this issue every week for months. They just say "we're working on it" and "sorry!" and " thank you for your patience", and, most annoyingly "have you tried manually entering your expenses?" Yes but when there are hundreds of expenses then that's a problem and why we bought this software in the first place. They keep saying they are close to a solution, testing a solution, but I don't trust them anymore. So we are looking elsewhere.

Nate P.
Tech Operations Advisor in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Expensify Expense Tracking

Kommentare: I originally used this software because it was the most straight forward "fool proof" software that allowed me to manage and track several employees travel expenses and business mileage and keeping it as simple as possible for the employees. By implementing this software into our expense tracking, our employee's no longer have to worry about paperwork and keeping track of physical receipts so long as they take a picture of it in Expensify.

The feature that won me over is the softwares ability to extract the necessary relevant information from a picture of the receipt and its reliability to accurately create an expense entry automatically. The other feature that really stands out is the dedicated email address you have to send receipts to the app. This feature is great because of rules i have established in outlook so that any "receipts" from certain companies automatically gets forwarded to my Expensify account.

Occasionally, when I was trying to submit a few large reports the app would freeze up on me. Otherwise I cannot think of any negative experiences I have had with Expensify.

Isaac K.
Vorstandsbüro, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Expense Report Software for Small Enterprise

Kommentare: I used this software extensively in a previous position, both as administrator and user. For a small organization, this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees loved it and it is especially useful for organizations who either have a lot of people traveling or who have employees in geographically dispersed locations. We had employees living in very remote parts of the world and they were able to capture all of their expenses and submit reports from anywhere as long as they had an internet connection. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. I don't think this product will integrate with your accounting package but I don't think you would expect that from a product of this nature or price range. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process went very smoothly for us. Their customer service wasn't spectacular but this product type and cost is such that someone in house should be able to manage everything and you wouldn't likely need to contact them for anything. The product is priced on a PUPM basis and the rate is very reasonable. I highly recommend this product to any company that doesn't already have an expense reporting feature as part of some larger ERM product. You will not be disappointed!!

Ease of use and implementation, low monthly cost which can be scaled as you add or remove users, completely paperless system and ability to take photos on your phone and upload them to the app, and ease of routing and tracking.

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. I don't think you would expect this of a product at this price though.

Antwort von Expensify

Thank you for the thorough review, Isaac! Apologies to hear our support is not as fast as you'd like, this is something we're heavily investing our resources on and you should see faster response times soon! In terms of integration, please let us know at help@expensify.com if you're looking for something in particular. For a full list of our current integrations (including QBO, QBD, Xero, etc), check out https://use.expensify.com/all-integrations/. Have a great day, and thank you again for leaving us a kind review! We're so glad we're making expenses easier for you and your team!

Laura R.
Accouning Associate in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Smoothest expense reporting software ever

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, everything has been good with Expensify down to the coding for my purposes. Users like that it literally creates a report they get paid for almost immediately without them having to nag accounting. It's a win win for everyone and well worth the cost per user.

The ease of use for our employees is great and very intuitive. I can make changes on the fly to reports if another user doesn't have it quite right for accounting purposes. It categorizes everything including mileage right where it should be.

Integration with our accounting software would probably be very easy if I could get higher ups to agree (They worry it might not flow correctly). I do have to take some manual steps to make that happen - otherwise there is nothing I want to add to the Con List.

Christie G.
Conference & Event Coordinator in USA

Good Resource

Our company went from using excel spreadsheets to monitor spending and expense reports to using Expensify once it was launched company wide a year and a half ago. In comparison to the old way of doing things, Expensify is a huge improvement. The software can sync with your corporate card (or personal card, if you'd like) so all your transactions are pulled into Expensify automatically. The only time a manual expense needs to be created is if you paid with cash, used a card that is not synced to Expensify or if you're entering mileage. Entering mileage is my second favorite thing about Expensify. It's very easy and can be as simple as inputting your starting destination and ending destination, and it will calculate the mileage for you. My favorite part of Expensify, however, is the mobile app. It allows you to take photos of receipts right away (especially nice while travelling) so you don't have to worry about collecting receipts and scanning them in once you're back in the office. Another nice feature of Expensify is that you can sort and put filters of your expenses to track category spend. This is very nice for our company as we receive some health wellness benefits that allow u to use X amount of money per year so these filters help us track our personal annual spend.

There are some features that have limited options for settings. The first example that comes to mind is if you take a picture of a receipt on the Expensify app, it will automatically mark that expense as reimbursable, even if you it's not.

Serguei B.
Accounting Manager in USA

Convenient Expense Reimbursement Software

Kommentare: Overall great employee expense reimbursement system for small/midsize business. Easy to use and implement. Would definitely recommend!

I love using Expensify to reimburse our employees. It is super easy for employees to create expense reports. Expensify also has approval workflows which allows employees to submit their expense reports to their managers for review first before submitting to finance for reimbursement. Expensify is also integrated with our accounting system which allows me to sync expense reports without having to manually enter expenses again. The payout process is also super simple and can be done directly through Expensify by connecting your company's bank account.

I wish reporting was done easier in Expensify. Creating a report could be tricky (Expensify requires you to use formulas) but overall it is manageable if you learn a few tricks.

Mark B.
VP in USA

Good Product - Truly Awful Onboarding and Support

Kommentare: While the product is good if you don't have any complications, the onboarding and support are probably the worst I have ever experienced. After a brief training session, there is no longer any phone call support allowed (only email and chat and the delays could be many hours and often days). More recently with the COVID-19 situation, their usage has plummeted so they recently announced a doubling of pricing (100% increase) to all users if they don't switch to using their credit card which for many companies (including ourselves and including reasons like the cc syncing problem) will not work. The message about the price increase was hidden in a very very long email from the CEO titled something about support improvements.

It is easy for the end user to use, particularly given the mobile app. It has a lot of good controls and notifications for potential user errors or abuses.

The credit card sync features often don't work or are significantly delayed (days, weeks if at all) which causes unintended reimbursements for non reimbursable expenses and messed up accounting.

Thomas C.
Thomas C.
Sales Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Expensify to the Rescue!

Kommentare: Organization. Receipt management.

I work overseas. Mostly in Europe and my company is based in California. I work for an international charter school organization basically travel for a living while meeting with government entities about educational opportunities. My whole life is expenses. I spend my own money and get reimbursed so it's critical that every receipt, every lunch, hotel, meal, every expense is documented and saved. I'm not the best with money and I struggle with organization on the road. Fortunately, Expensify helps me with both. Every receipt I collect can be instantly scanned and saved. There is no limit to the number which is great because someday's I have in excess of 20 receipts. Expensify tallies my receipts as I go which assures I stay on budget and don't overspend. If I overspend or go over budget I don't get that money back so this feature is critical. My company uses Quickbooks for accounting and Expensify integrates with Quickbooks effortlessly. For those who do not use Quickbooks, rest easy; there isn't a popular (or unpopular) software that Expensify doesn't integrate with. If managing multiple receipts and budgeting is important to you, you MUST give Expensify a try.

Nothing. Expensify is the most complete travel expense app on the market.

Matt S.
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Expensify for Ecommerce

Kommentare: My overall experience with Expensify has been top notch. It really has helped our company become organized and has completely streamlined our expense tracking with ease.

Expensify is hands down the best expense tracking choice for our company. There are a lot of pros to Expensify. Their customer service is amazing, always responding quickly and answering my questions in a very understandable manner. Their app is what we use most, it's simple and easy to use - having every feature you'd every need for tracking expenses. I've also done some research on their company culture and it seems like they really invest into their employees lives. This definitely looks like a great company to work for.

There aren't many cons for Expensify. But if I had to choose something, it would be that the app doesn't real-time-sync with the admin system, you have to manually re-sync when something changes. For example: When the admin adds a new expense category, it doesn't show in the app right away unless the user manually "syncs". At the end of the day, this really isn't that big of a deal.

CEO in USA
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service

Kommentare: the software when working is great but the customer service is the worst I have ever worked with in the world and they don't care about paying clients

easy to track expense connects with stripe to invoice easy to mark paid

when a problem happens customer service does not exist problems can last over 1 month no credit for the system not working they want customers to fix issues that are their problem no managers in the company

Richard S.
General Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Expensify is good for business, but bad for personal use

Kommentare: My overall experience with Expensify was mind-numbing, but I think that was due to the nature of my job. The actual site and program was not bad, but again, it's tedious for anything other than business purposes.

What I liked most about this software, Expensify, is that it allowed for bulk imports and would often suggest categories for certain items once you upload enough receipts and it could find a pattern. In my position as General Manager, I had access to a company card and Expensify is how we kept track of everything before exporting it to our company's accountant.

What I liked least about this software, Expensify, is that it often flagged certain receipts for being duplicates or for being incorrect despite that not being the case. Unfortunately, this prevented you from saving the files correctly until the "disputes" were corrected. For a business, this can make sense or be rectified as the totals are all that really matter, but for personal use, keeping track of tiny margins and trends becomes a lot more important and needs to be protected.

Jany C.
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I love Expensify!

Kommentare: Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Sally G.
Controller in USA

Expensify is pretty good

Kommentare: Overall I think Expensify is a solid product but I do believe they would do well to add a lot of functionality from an administrator / accounting perspective.

I like the ease of loading receipts and drilling down into an expense report to find the data I need for accounting purposes. I like the user interface. It's extremely easy to add a new user and our new users never really have questions so I think the users find it easy to navigate. I love that it interfaces with our accounting software creating a seamless exchange of data once everything is set up properly; this saves a lot of time and duplicate entry. I love that it has a direct pay option - the users get the payments directly to their bank account. The customer support is a chat feature - they don't always respond immediately but it's always pretty quick and they are extremely responsive. They have always helped solve all my issues and I consider their support to be pretty top-notch.

I think the product is lacking altogether in Reporting functionality. There's really not even a "Reports" module to speak of. You have to basically go in and pull your own data from the modules ...it makes everything feel clunky and unprofessional. It's also tricky to find what you need in settings, from an administrator perspective.

Jennifer J.
Finance & Operations Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Easy to Use Expense Tracking & Reimbursement Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I'm satisfied. Expensify greatly reduced the time required to process and review staff expenses, both those charged on their own credit cards and corporate credit cards.

Easy to set-up and use. Requires minimal user (employee) training. Integrates well with our accounting platform, Xero. Love the corporate card integration function, which allows administrators to track pending translocation and overall management of the credit card account. Cost is fair.

Can improve on reporting/analytical capabilities of transactions processed via Expensify. Customer service is almost non-existent, have to rely primarily on community forums to troubleshoot.

Human Resources Coordinator in USA
Kapitalmärkte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best expense tool

Kommentare: Expensify has made our expense reporting so much more simplified and saved everyone so much time.

Expensify is in my opinion the best expense option on the market. It is so easy to use and makes expense reports a breeze.

Not really anything I dislike about expensify, but what I like the least, is I wish the software was a little smarter and able to match expenses if the receipt date is a day or two off from the billing date.

Peter K.
Peter K.
President in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Superb cloud expense reporting

Expensify has made everything regarding expense reporting easier. Snap photos of receipts. Auto scan them for information. Connect credit card or bank accounts to automatically draw data for expense reports. Submit to multiple approvers. Get immediate responses. And Expensify continues to develop and support the product very well. We have recommended Expensify to many other organizations like ours.

Sometimes the connections to financial accounts break. And I'm notified of the fact. I have to notice it myself and wish there were an automated notification.