Über Expensify

Mit Expensify kannst du deine Belege ganz einfach nachverfolgen und die Ausgaben unterwegs verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Expensify

There is no user support and the lack of reporting tools.

Bewertungen zu Expensify

4,0

Expensify hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 871 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Expensify bereits verwendet?

Tiana T.
Tiana T.
Human Resources Business Coordinator in USA
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly Interface

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great system to help track employee spending. The credit cards act as debit cards which is good if you’re a company that is trying to not live on credit.

Minimal learning curve if your team us any experience with expensing items in a software format. You can fix mistakes really easily and there aren’t a ton of buttons to wade through.

Sometimes new employees need to get reloaded to allow them to bill items to customers. That might be the accounting firm that we work with a fault though.

Cody M.
Controller in USA
Unterhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to Deploy, Easy to Maintain

5 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: From the accounting team to the newly hired sales exec, feedback from employees has been very positive with Expensify. They can use the mobile app as they go, or other import methods to make their expense reports quick and easy. Everything is directly connected to NetSuite, our ERP, and flows smoothly to the books without any extra steps. Approval routing is very simple and reminders get sent to keep things moving along.

Expensify is a very streamlined tool and does not get bogged down in high degrees of complexity which may be unnecessary. I have found all types of users at my company, from sales execs to marketing coordinators, understand how to use Expensify almost immediately. We provide a 1-pager for best practices to employees and that, in nearly all cases, is enough to get them using the tool without issue.

The corporate card integrations could use a bit of added support when it comes to receipt imports, and occasionally we have had the direct feed from our banking institution break. I think this is likely because we do not use one of the major banks for our corporate credit card though, so the issue may not be on the Expensify side.

Tori H.
Office Manager in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use expense reporting

3 vor 3 Wochen Neu

It's very quick and easy to submit expenses and qualifying receipts.

This system is great for use on cell phones, but the software makes you log on a computer to finalize the submission of the report.

Nasko L.
Nasko L.
Chief Operating Officer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Save Time and Money by Using Expensify

Kommentare: Overall very happy with Expensify as a solution that allows me to have all my expenses organized in one place. Would highly recommend using it, especially for its feature that allows me to attach digital images of the receipts to each expense item. It has a great option to submit and send expense reports to multiple people. If you are using Expensify across mutliple users, all the information is easily accessible by every team member.

A great solution to keep all my expense reports in one place, with a great option to attach PDFs of receipts and/or images of receipts. Expensify can pull data directly from my credit card statements and that feature alone saves a lot of time of manual entering numbers and vendors.

It can get a little too much to configure in the beginning and navigating down to expense categories is not the easiest to do - it takes time to find things around that I could customize but once these are all in place, using Expensify is fairly easy. Expensify creates automatic names for your reports - make sure you change them to something that makes sense to you and your accountants or everyone will wonder what Expense Report 234902u5435242ewd is for.

Mohammed O.
Tech. Manager and Software Arch in Jordanien

A robust system for documenting and controlling expenses

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Expensify enables us to document expenses and raise their records to the cloud with ease and smooth audits and approvals within specified dates.

The great thing about Expensify is that we are able to monitor, document and control all expenses. Through Expensify, team members got rid of collecting paper receipts and then preparing lists and submitting them to the accounting department for auditing and approval. With Expensify, things have become clearer, as each team member independently will be able to scan his invoices to be raised on his own cloud and enter data from them to his expense page, and then the accounting department will be able to audit and notify him of approval or request other inquiries, and by These quick and accurate procedures ensure that no receipts are lost and that you get the money straight away.

Not a lot of unwanted things, and it does not require a lot of effort on the part of the users to be able to track their expenditures properly.

Gregor T.
Senior Operations Executive in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Gregor Tims FREE NOW review

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I use Expensify to record and upload receipts of expenses I incur in my job. I do a lot of testing of competitor apps which creates multiple expenses per day and Expensify is a really easy way of recording these and sending them to my manager. I think some minor improvements could be made, but overall it's a very slick and easy app to use.

It's very easy to upload receipts, reports etc and to combine various expenses into one report. It's super easy to send it off to my manager and for him to approve it. There's a very clear record of my expenses and a clear description of where they are in the reimbursement process. It works well!

I got a bit confused initially about how to add my bank details, it seemed very US-focused, by which I mean there seemed only to be a way of adding an American bank details. I was actually just confusing myself, because I hadn't appreciated that by submitting it, my company would actually just use my bank details that they already have to reimburse me. This could be clearer in the app, but maybe it's just a specific thing for my company? Also, it would be nice to be notified that I have been reimbursed when the actual money has been sent. The status said 'reimbursement received' before the money actually came back to my account, which made me worried that it had been sent to the wrong person, when in fact the payment hadn't actually been sent yet! Making that clearer would be great. It also felt a bit clunky creating a report - it might be better to make it obvious that you should do this before adding an expense as adding it afterwards was slightly confusing.

Duncan D.
Duncan D.
Architect in UK
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Good functionality for most things. Doesn't work with UK bank cards

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Good but fairly quickly realised what functions are missing or work poorly. Incompatibility with UK bank cards is a significant.

Scans receipts quickly. Good to produce a pdf report. Report management is good.

Requires more than one step to open the scan receipt function in the mobile app. Incompatible with UK banks so it reports most expenses as 'violations'. Searching for receipts has many functions so is a bit clunky.

Shashank T.
Solution Delivery Manageer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Useful tool but needs some improvements

4 letzten Monat Neu

1. Easy to use 2. OCR which automatically reads receipts, reduces manually keystrokes 3. Seamless integration with other apps like Uber Business Profile, etc.

1. Doesn't save approvers name for next report approval 2. Reports list is very confusing. User must be able to display summary/text of each report to identify accurately.

Investment Manager in USA

Smart scan is nice, gets the job done.

5 letzten Monat Neu

We use Expensify with our personal credit cards to track corporate spend. The interface is pretty clean and makes allocating expenses to specific projects or initiatives easy. Smart scan is mostly great, but it sometimes fails.

The feed design of pending submitted expenses makes it difficult to see if an expense has already been submitted. I've duplicated expenses before as I forgot I'd already submitted it, and the feed view makes it tough to check.

Anna M.
Director of Accounting in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Worked fine, didn't like political emails

Kommentare: I won't go back because of their abuse of my private information. but their software worked fine.

Made expense reporting relatively easy.

I hated that the ceo used my email for political emails. I feel like it was abuse of my private information

Nate P.
Tech Operations Advisor in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Expensify Expense Tracking

Kommentare: I originally used this software because it was the most straight forward "fool proof" software that allowed me to manage and track several employees travel expenses and business mileage and keeping it as simple as possible for the employees. By implementing this software into our expense tracking, our employee's no longer have to worry about paperwork and keeping track of physical receipts so long as they take a picture of it in Expensify.

The feature that won me over is the softwares ability to extract the necessary relevant information from a picture of the receipt and its reliability to accurately create an expense entry automatically. The other feature that really stands out is the dedicated email address you have to send receipts to the app. This feature is great because of rules i have established in outlook so that any "receipts" from certain companies automatically gets forwarded to my Expensify account.

Occasionally, when I was trying to submit a few large reports the app would freeze up on me. Otherwise I cannot think of any negative experiences I have had with Expensify.

Isaac K.
Operations Manager in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Expense Report Software for Small Enterprise

Kommentare: I used this software extensively in a previous position, both as administrator and user. For a small organization, this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees loved it and it is especially useful for organizations who either have a lot of people traveling or who have employees in geographically dispersed locations. We had employees living in very remote parts of the world and they were able to capture all of their expenses and submit reports from anywhere as long as they had an internet connection. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. I don't think this product will integrate with your accounting package but I don't think you would expect that from a product of this nature or price range. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process went very smoothly for us. Their customer service wasn't spectacular but this product type and cost is such that someone in house should be able to manage everything and you wouldn't likely need to contact them for anything. The product is priced on a PUPM basis and the rate is very reasonable. I highly recommend this product to any company that doesn't already have an expense reporting feature as part of some larger ERM product. You will not be disappointed!!

Ease of use and implementation, low monthly cost which can be scaled as you add or remove users, completely paperless system and ability to take photos on your phone and upload them to the app, and ease of routing and tracking.

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. I don't think you would expect this of a product at this price though.

Antwort von Expensify

Thank you for the thorough review, Isaac! Apologies to hear our support is not as fast as you'd like, this is something we're heavily investing our resources on and you should see faster response times soon! In terms of integration, please let us know at help@expensify.com if you're looking for something in particular. For a full list of our current integrations (including QBO, QBD, Xero, etc), check out https://use.expensify.com/all-integrations/. Have a great day, and thank you again for leaving us a kind review! We're so glad we're making expenses easier for you and your team!

Laura R.
Accouning Associate in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Smoothest expense reporting software ever

Kommentare: Overall, everything has been good with Expensify down to the coding for my purposes. Users like that it literally creates a report they get paid for almost immediately without them having to nag accounting. It's a win win for everyone and well worth the cost per user.

The ease of use for our employees is great and very intuitive. I can make changes on the fly to reports if another user doesn't have it quite right for accounting purposes. It categorizes everything including mileage right where it should be.

Integration with our accounting software would probably be very easy if I could get higher ups to agree (They worry it might not flow correctly). I do have to take some manual steps to make that happen - otherwise there is nothing I want to add to the Con List.

Christie G.
Conference & Event Coordinator in USA

Good Resource

Our company went from using excel spreadsheets to monitor spending and expense reports to using Expensify once it was launched company wide a year and a half ago. In comparison to the old way of doing things, Expensify is a huge improvement. The software can sync with your corporate card (or personal card, if you'd like) so all your transactions are pulled into Expensify automatically. The only time a manual expense needs to be created is if you paid with cash, used a card that is not synced to Expensify or if you're entering mileage. Entering mileage is my second favorite thing about Expensify. It's very easy and can be as simple as inputting your starting destination and ending destination, and it will calculate the mileage for you. My favorite part of Expensify, however, is the mobile app. It allows you to take photos of receipts right away (especially nice while travelling) so you don't have to worry about collecting receipts and scanning them in once you're back in the office. Another nice feature of Expensify is that you can sort and put filters of your expenses to track category spend. This is very nice for our company as we receive some health wellness benefits that allow u to use X amount of money per year so these filters help us track our personal annual spend.

There are some features that have limited options for settings. The first example that comes to mind is if you take a picture of a receipt on the Expensify app, it will automatically mark that expense as reimbursable, even if you it's not.

Serguei B.
Accounting Manager in USA

Convenient Expense Reimbursement Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall great employee expense reimbursement system for small/midsize business. Easy to use and implement. Would definitely recommend!

I love using Expensify to reimburse our employees. It is super easy for employees to create expense reports. Expensify also has approval workflows which allows employees to submit their expense reports to their managers for review first before submitting to finance for reimbursement. Expensify is also integrated with our accounting system which allows me to sync expense reports without having to manually enter expenses again. The payout process is also super simple and can be done directly through Expensify by connecting your company's bank account.

I wish reporting was done easier in Expensify. Creating a report could be tricky (Expensify requires you to use formulas) but overall it is manageable if you learn a few tricks.

Dawood A.
Quality Assurance Quality Control in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A perfect tool for recording, classifying, and reporting on expenses.

Kommentare: He contributed to documenting all expenses, as Expensify worked to speed up the pace of sending receipts and explanations on them and taking approvals, which was taking us a long time in the past. With Expensify, preparing reports and schedules for payments is very easy, and we are able to easily track any unnecessary payments.

Expensify simplifies the task of tracking the expenses and expenses of the team as well as the daily expenses of the organization as a whole. The receipts are simply scanned, where Expensify extracts data from them and adds them to the schedule of expenses, and sends a notification to the direct official to take approval, which organizes those operations, which used to send us monthly to block a file containing many paper receipts, and send them to auditors who may take a long time Expensify has changed all that, and succeeded in automating all processes, so that sending data, obtaining approvals and sending notifications to pay money is done automatically and without the need to accumulate invoices and files All of them are now stored in the cloud.

There is nothing worth mentioning, as both the desktop and mobile application are easy to use, the scanning and autofill system works excellently, and the price is good for a subscription that works for everyone.

Mark B.
VP in USA

Good Product - Truly Awful Onboarding and Support

Kommentare: While the product is good if you don't have any complications, the onboarding and support are probably the worst I have ever experienced. After a brief training session, there is no longer any phone call support allowed (only email and chat and the delays could be many hours and often days). More recently with the COVID-19 situation, their usage has plummeted so they recently announced a doubling of pricing (100% increase) to all users if they don't switch to using their credit card which for many companies (including ourselves and including reasons like the cc syncing problem) will not work. The message about the price increase was hidden in a very very long email from the CEO titled something about support improvements.

It is easy for the end user to use, particularly given the mobile app. It has a lot of good controls and notifications for potential user errors or abuses.

The credit card sync features often don't work or are significantly delayed (days, weeks if at all) which causes unintended reimbursements for non reimbursable expenses and messed up accounting.

Thomas C.
Thomas C.
Sales Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Expensify to the Rescue!

Kommentare: Organization. Receipt management.

I work overseas. Mostly in Europe and my company is based in California. I work for an international charter school organization basically travel for a living while meeting with government entities about educational opportunities. My whole life is expenses. I spend my own money and get reimbursed so it's critical that every receipt, every lunch, hotel, meal, every expense is documented and saved. I'm not the best with money and I struggle with organization on the road. Fortunately, Expensify helps me with both. Every receipt I collect can be instantly scanned and saved. There is no limit to the number which is great because someday's I have in excess of 20 receipts. Expensify tallies my receipts as I go which assures I stay on budget and don't overspend. If I overspend or go over budget I don't get that money back so this feature is critical. My company uses Quickbooks for accounting and Expensify integrates with Quickbooks effortlessly. For those who do not use Quickbooks, rest easy; there isn't a popular (or unpopular) software that Expensify doesn't integrate with. If managing multiple receipts and budgeting is important to you, you MUST give Expensify a try.

Nothing. Expensify is the most complete travel expense app on the market.

Matt S.
Operations Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Expensify for Ecommerce

Kommentare: My overall experience with Expensify has been top notch. It really has helped our company become organized and has completely streamlined our expense tracking with ease.

Expensify is hands down the best expense tracking choice for our company. There are a lot of pros to Expensify. Their customer service is amazing, always responding quickly and answering my questions in a very understandable manner. Their app is what we use most, it's simple and easy to use - having every feature you'd every need for tracking expenses. I've also done some research on their company culture and it seems like they really invest into their employees lives. This definitely looks like a great company to work for.

There aren't many cons for Expensify. But if I had to choose something, it would be that the app doesn't real-time-sync with the admin system, you have to manually re-sync when something changes. For example: When the admin adds a new expense category, it doesn't show in the app right away unless the user manually "syncs". At the end of the day, this really isn't that big of a deal.

CEO in USA
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service

Kommentare: the software when working is great but the customer service is the worst I have ever worked with in the world and they don't care about paying clients

easy to track expense connects with stripe to invoice easy to mark paid

when a problem happens customer service does not exist problems can last over 1 month no credit for the system not working they want customers to fix issues that are their problem no managers in the company

Richard S.
General Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Expensify is good for business, but bad for personal use

Kommentare: My overall experience with Expensify was mind-numbing, but I think that was due to the nature of my job. The actual site and program was not bad, but again, it's tedious for anything other than business purposes.

What I liked most about this software, Expensify, is that it allowed for bulk imports and would often suggest categories for certain items once you upload enough receipts and it could find a pattern. In my position as General Manager, I had access to a company card and Expensify is how we kept track of everything before exporting it to our company's accountant.

What I liked least about this software, Expensify, is that it often flagged certain receipts for being duplicates or for being incorrect despite that not being the case. Unfortunately, this prevented you from saving the files correctly until the "disputes" were corrected. For a business, this can make sense or be rectified as the totals are all that really matter, but for personal use, keeping track of tiny margins and trends becomes a lot more important and needs to be protected.

Jany C.
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I love Expensify!

Kommentare: Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Jennifer J.
Finance & Operations Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Easy to Use Expense Tracking & Reimbursement Software

Kommentare: Overall, I'm satisfied. Expensify greatly reduced the time required to process and review staff expenses, both those charged on their own credit cards and corporate credit cards.

Easy to set-up and use. Requires minimal user (employee) training. Integrates well with our accounting platform, Xero. Love the corporate card integration function, which allows administrators to track pending translocation and overall management of the credit card account. Cost is fair.

Can improve on reporting/analytical capabilities of transactions processed via Expensify. Customer service is almost non-existent, have to rely primarily on community forums to troubleshoot.

Sally G.
Controller in USA

Expensify is pretty good

Kommentare: Overall I think Expensify is a solid product but I do believe they would do well to add a lot of functionality from an administrator / accounting perspective.

I like the ease of loading receipts and drilling down into an expense report to find the data I need for accounting purposes. I like the user interface. It's extremely easy to add a new user and our new users never really have questions so I think the users find it easy to navigate. I love that it interfaces with our accounting software creating a seamless exchange of data once everything is set up properly; this saves a lot of time and duplicate entry. I love that it has a direct pay option - the users get the payments directly to their bank account. The customer support is a chat feature - they don't always respond immediately but it's always pretty quick and they are extremely responsive. They have always helped solve all my issues and I consider their support to be pretty top-notch.

I think the product is lacking altogether in Reporting functionality. There's really not even a "Reports" module to speak of. You have to basically go in and pull your own data from the modules ...it makes everything feel clunky and unprofessional. It's also tricky to find what you need in settings, from an administrator perspective.

Executive Director in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Super Easy to Use but Wish Quickbooks Integration Was Better

Kommentare: Use it to capture all expenses among our team. Works great on business trips. No more receipts stuffed into a suitcase on the way home. Does a good job of importing chart of accounts from Quickbooks. Easy to set rules (i.e. must have receipt for expenses above $25). Helpful having 4 options to add new expense - photo, email to Receipts@Expensify, upload receipt file, manually create. Great digital record capturing photos of all receipts. Nice to only pay per active user per month.

This is a great tool to capture your expenses. The interface is super easy to use--just taking a picture of a receipt and letting the tool fill in the necessary information.

Haven't been able to get the online version of Quickbooks to integrate with this, so our accountant still manually enters / uploads the expense report info every month