Über Donarius

Verfolge Spender*innen, Spenden und Zusagen von Finanzmitteln für deine Kirche. Drucke Kirchenfotoverzeichnisse und deine eigenen Spendenumschläge aus.

Erfahre mehr über Donarius

This software serves my needs as the envelope secretary at a church that issues 200 plus tax receipts annually. It requires little set up and the customer support has been excellent.

We had trouble at first to instal it on my Apple computer but Pastor managed to make it work.

Bewertungen zu Donarius

Donarius hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 586 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Donarius bereits verwendet?

Curt
Curt
President in USA

Donarius Was a Game Changer For Us

Kommentare: Donarius helped us move beyond Excel spreadsheets, greatly simplifying our bookkeeping processes, giving us greater accuracy and helping us generate EOY reports effortlessly.

Donarius is super easy to setup and use. As with any new software, there is a learning curve, but it isn't long. My wife does our bookkeeping and she had no trouble at all getting used to the software and learning the ins and outs of it.

My least favorite aspect of Donarius initially was the very basic user interface. It isn't pretty. But the functionality overcomes that part. After all, it's what it does that matters, not just how it looks.

Rebecca
Treasurer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy to use, great support

Kommentare: The ease of use every week with absolutely no frustration gives a peace of mind that is hugely valuable.

What I like most about Donarius is its simplicity and ease of use. Prior to finding Donarius, we had a church finances program that was very expensive, and tech support was outrageous. Tech support comes with the purchase of the Donarius software, no extra charge. I can enter each week's giving in just a few minutes, post to each individual's account, and produce a weekly report with ease. Also, generating year-end giving statements is as easy as the click of a button. If I need an interim report on an individual's giving or a summary of some kind, tech support is quickly available if I need help. I recommend Donarius highly.

In the years I have been using Donarius, there has been no negative.experience.

Shirley
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Membership & Donor Program

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: This program is meeting all of my expectations and then some. Customer service has always been fast to answer any questions I have had and with specific instructions to answer a question on process. If you are someone looking for an easy to use but very powerful software system to maintain your membership and donor information, and communicate easily by mail or email, this is a great choice.

Donarius meets all of my needs. As an organization which already has a well designed website and social media program we were not looking for an all encompassing program that most member management programs promote. I wanted a flexible program that would allow me to manage both our membership information and donor information. I also wanted a program that could be housed on a computer, not in the cloud on some else’s site. Plus, the data and information can backed up on an external drive and used in another location. Donarius is exactly that. I have been able to create every category I need for my organization, every donation level, every way to sort AND I do not have to be a software designer to understand and use the program. I literally searched for six months trying to find a software program that was easy to use, would not cost a fortune, could be locally stored, and handle all of our needs. PLUS, I was able to download and use for 30 days to see if it fit my needs before buying.

So far, I have not found anything that is a con with this program.

Duane
Director, Collections in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Donarius for Art Gallery of Northumberland

Kommentare: The Art Gallery of Northumberland purchased Donarius to provide better and prompter service to the Gallery's donors and members. The product is easy to install. It was straightforward to customize the product to use the Gallery's name and logo on printed materials. Reporting on the overall membership was at times problematic, in part because the person doing the reporting was not that familiar with the reporting capability. The one time we had a problem with the software - it seemed to be reverting to a previous logo on occasion - we got very quick and helpful support that had the problem corrected in minutes. The interface is outdated - it is not point-and-click graphics, but instead looks line an old-fashioned "line command" interface. All things considered, it provides good value for the money.

Donor tracking capability. Donation totals and reporting for tax reporting.

Interface is old-fashioned. Does not provide integration with other client-management software.

Sean
Office Manager in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Donarius may be just right for you.

Kommentare: Donarius offers a wide-range of features but it does all come with a cost.

Donarius offers a wide-range of interface-ability. It works with more church management programs than I can list here. One of the best features it has is the ability to print a fabulous color directory. No need to pay an arm and a leg for a nice color photo directory.

Like most church management programs, it can be expensive, especially for smaller struggling church communities. Yet the need to manage your church remains, and the costs go up.

Robin
Treasurer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Small church usage

Kommentare: The benefits of this program are great. I can create from the main page individual reports, groups, by amounts, specific time periods, it is a great program.

There are many things I like about this program. It is very easy to use, entering names and address, entering contributions. It is a really good program. Get any type of report of want. And the tax letter is customizable and easier to use than using QuickBooks.

The only thing I wish I could do is the ability to arrange donation page. It works fine the way it is but I would like to rearrange the layout.

Sandy
Co-Treasurer in USA

Review of Donarius

Kommentare: We use the Donarius system to keep track of our church tithes and offerings. It is simple to use and just what we needed for our small church. I have recommended this product to other organizations.

Ease of use and very affordable. It suits our needs very well.

A little more flexibility with reports, but normally fine for our small church use.

Blair
Blair
Pastor in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Works well for what it is

Kommentare: Overall, it's a good software for a smaller church and at a great price tag. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't mind an older user interface and who is willing to do a bit of digging when looking for certain information regarding donations.

The software is simple and effectively tracks donations. You can get various information regarding donations, tracking and giving intervals. It produces good year end receipts. It's easy to back up to ensure that you don't lose your data. It's a great price for a smaller church.

It's a bit clunky and the user interface is outdated. It's not always easy or straightforward to get the information you're looking for. It certainly does the job and is great for a small church, but larger churches would find it difficult, in my opinion.

Steph
Treasurer in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product and best customer service EVER

Kommentare: Because we only issue donation receipts annually, it can be difficult to remember how to use a donation software program. Because Donarius is so easy to use and intuitive, we don't waste time trying to relearn the program every year. And if we do run into issues, they provide excellent customer support - above and beyond. Would highly recommend it to any non-profit.

It's intuitive and really easy to use. And the customer support is stellar. No one gives this kind of patient, customer-focused support and that's why I recommend it to everyone I know.

I honestly have no complaints and i have been using this for multiple NPOs for years.

Kwabena
Kwabena
Financial Business Analyst in Kanada
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, Powerful and Great Customer Service

Kommentare: My church has been using Donarius for years. It is easy to use and when you need help, you are assured of excellent customer service!! I love the Import function - with just a click, you can move donation information into Donarius with no errors.

User friendly, ease of importing donations.

No visual images to go with the Help texts. Sometimes, pictures are worth a thousand words

Lourdes
Administrative / Housing Coordinator in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Works well for simple use

Kommentare: Donarius works well once you get the hang of it. Could be improved in some ways; in our case, it serves its purpose in issuing official tax receipts and tallying the donations. Revising the report format can be a bit tricky - trial and error to get the look you want. Printing the reports in a particular way (landscape/portrait/ etc. )can be improved as the layout seems a bit 'cluttered'. I guess the features are there, it's just that we don't have the opportunity to explore and experiment - we're fine with just printing the receipts and a general report showing the amounts and dates. Louie (the owner/programmer) is okay for customer support - he responds pretty quickly and is helpful; one time though when I phoned he was in a relative's house so couldn't assist at that time. It is still a pet peeve of mine that whenever I key in a donation, it defaults to the first name in the database, so if I miss that portion, the donation will be credited to the wrong person. I prefer that the first entry is just 'blank'' so user is 'forced' to key in the correct donor code. Other improvements can be a report that shows more color, graphs, multiple 'types' of donations tallied in one page, etc. (which I do in Excel for presentation to Board and management). Overall, for the amount we paid one time, and compared with other software I researched with a monthly fee, for our purposes, Donarius is great!

Pretty straightforward if you know how to use it

First entry for donation defaults to the first person in the database - can lead to errors if you don't catch it. Bit tricky to change the format of receipt.

envelope steward in Kanada

Donarius Review

Kommentare: As described earlier, I am the envelope steward for the church, so am using this program to track and receipt donations. I am just coming up to 1 year of usage and as yet, have not encountered any problems or concerns. It was quite easy to learn, and if there were any questions, they were easily answered by support

I am the envelope steward for the church so was looking for something that was user friendly and would meet my needs for entering and retrieving financial data. Donarius met these criteria and I have no second thoughts or doubts regarding my decision. The data entry is very easy and if there are any questions or concerns, they are handled in a very timely and efficient manner by support.

Although I only use the program in a limited fashion, I really haven't run across anything that I don't like about it.

Jennifer
Envelope Steward in
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Functional and Easy to Use

Kommentare: I mainly use Donarius to input weekly tithes and gifts from church members, generate monthly reports for the church board, and annual tax receipts. As a church, we have recently switched to using QuickBooks, and I wish that Donarius would integrate/have a plugin for QuickBooks!

I find Donarius very easy to use, with simple and straight-forward features that are user friendly. It is easy to input financial data and weekly donations from church members, generate monthly financial updates reports, and also a simple process to create and print annual income tax receipts for each donor.

While Donarius is a very functional and user friendly software, it would be nice if it had a refreshed/more contemporary interface. The software does appear a little dated. I would also appreciate if there were some 'how to' tutorial videos embedded to explain some of the features of the software that I don't use often. I would also like Donarius to include separate filing options for 'gifts in kind'.

Donation Steward in Kanada

Church Donation Management

Kommentare: There is really only one word for overall experience…exceptional!
Customer support is outstanding. The few questions that I had when setting up the program were answered quickly and clearly, either by phone or email. I would recommend this software to any church.

Donarius is easy to use, very reliable and bug free. Although all different types of donations are handled easily, the PAD unit (pre-authorized debit) is exceptional!…saving many hours throughout the year, as monthly donations are entered automatically. Tax receipts can be customized for your organization, and can be issued annually (for most) or instantly for those making a single donation.

There is really nothing that I don’t like about the program.

Cliff
Financial Secretary in Kanada

Great Church Software System

Kommentare: Overall this system has worked well for tracking donations to our church and worked well for generating statements and tax receipts. As well, reporting worked well and gave desired output with little setup.

Setup of accounts and donors was straight-forward. Data entry is very easy. Reporting is quite robust. Statements and tax receipts are easy to generate and present very well.

The option to email statements seemed very difficult to use. I tried a few times and found it did not work well. After a couple of attempts I did not pursue any further.

Deanna
Office Administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great donor program!

Kommentare: Overall I really like Donarius. It makes my job efficient and easy, and has great functionality for a great price.

Donarius is very easy to use and does everything we need it to do plus more. We are able to add and customize all the categories we need. We can designate which service donations are received, or if they are received online. Reports are fully customizable. Assigning envelopes is easy, as is printing end of year tax receipts. Entering donations is quick. Just an overall great value and great program.

I really have no complaints. There hasn't been anything I've needed to do that I haven't been able to do. The only improvement I can think of would be the ability to export to QuickBooks, but it only takes me a few seconds to do manually so it's really not an issue for us.

Antwort von Nuverb Systems

Explained to customer that there is a newer version which exports to QuickBooks.

pastor in Kanada

Very good Customer Support

Kommentare: This software does a lot of things and will eliminate many tasks that churches do twice (sometimes without even being aware). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but you will be impressed by everthing the software does for you. Be sure to use this to count your offering, and then it will do so much more. The customer support is great. I would recommend this software. The only downsides : no way to keep track of attendance. Also, this software would work better if it were web-based especially when used by multiple users in different locations. To deal with this problem, the software can be used through Dropbox (or other such applications), but we have found this type of solution will sometimes (but rarely) result in synchronisation issues (creating files in conflit).

It does a lot. Will increase your productivity. Great customer support. Very cheap.

No way to keep track of attendance. Not web-based (using it through dropbox will sometimes but rarely result in sychronisation issues when used by multiple users).

Chad
Executive Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Product

Kommentare: Its simplicity has made it very useful to cross train our financial team.

The ease of use inside the program made it best for our small church to get donations put into the system.

The graphics and formatting, i think need a refresher. Possibly a way to print labels that were more editable from the label output.

Pastor in USA

Using Donarius on Linux

Kommentare: Week to week church business, and it does great.

Simple, secure, and user friendly software with excellent customer service.

Not a Donarius issue, but it would be great if they released a Linux variation. I have used it primarily under Linux (usually a Ubuntu derivative) and I have to fight with Wine to get it loaded every time I upgrade my wife's computer. Again, not the fault of Donarius......I just like Linux over Windows....and sometimes they don't play well. Good news is.....every time I upgrade computers and have to start fresh....once I get it installed on Linux......it works perfectly!

Wendy
Administrative Assistant in Kanada

Donarius Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Donarius has been great.

I like the ease of doing all the aspects of the program. If I have encountered a problem, the company responds immediately to solve the issue. This is invaluable when you are needing to move ahead with what you are doing.

The thing I like least about this software is the inability to be able to enter separate donations for the same day. An example would be: on the same date, we enter donations that we received in the morning. We are not able to enter donations separately for the evening. We have to edit the previous morning's donations. This is not what we want to do.

Antwort von Nuverb Systems

How to do what they mentioned in the 'Cons' section, was explained to them.

Shirley

Easy to use

Kommentare: Small church. We count money at church.......I enter all monies as individual checks or cash.........then I print a weekly report for my records. At year's end, I prepare tax receipts for members.

I was looking for something that was "user-friendly" since our church has only about 120 members. I found Donarius quite by accident and gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised in the ease of use. Other software was "over kill" for what I needed. Dave has ALWAYS been a big help and has come to my aid more than once. Thank you Dave!

It worked perfectly for me and the few reports I needed. Weekly donations printout, then at the end of year...........tax receipts. No complaints.

Envelope Clerk in Kanada

Using for 5 yrs

Kommentare: ease of use and support

I find, as one not too much into computors, that the ease of use is the highlight of this programme. Any additions or subtractions of members are very straight forward. Year end statements and receipts are quite easy to produce. Cost of programme very reasonable and always get a quick response if I have any questions.

When entering new members they are stored in the order you enter them and not in envelope number sequence. You don't do this too often so not a big problem. Also although you can print out labels of members you can't print a full sheet of labels with church name and address.

Robert
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Great Donation Management Software

Kommentare: As Financial Secretary for out small church I was looking an inexpensive, stand alone software package to track donations, provide tax receipts, and just maybe provide member tracking. We began using Donarius the beginning of this calendar year after evaluating several programs. We are a very small church and could not afford nor do we need a complex online program. Donarius does exactly what I was looking for. As the primary user I have found it easy to learn and use and after I have completed a complete year of use with end of year tax receipts I plan to recommend it to other small churches in our United Methodist Conference. At this point I do not foresee any problems with it and highly recommend it but am waiting just so I am fully knowledgeable of all facets of the program should any other questions arise by churches in the Conference. Praise the Lord!

It is simple. Its goal appears simple in tracking donations and recording families.

Although I have not attempted it yet I glanced at setting up form letters and it does not appear straight forward. I suspect it will just take a little practice.

Carrie
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Software - Especially for Small Churches/Organzations

Kommentare: We have been using Donarius for ~9 years for our small (under 25 people) church. It does everything that we need for keeping track of giving, and, specifically, generating tax receipts! It is simple and easy to use. If you have any questions or notice any problems, the support team is extremely responsive and willing to help. I especially appreciate that they offer lower cost options for small organizations. I can imagine that it would work very well on a larger scale and for larger organizations, too.

- Very easy to use. - Cost savings for small organizations. - Excellent support for questions.

No cons - we have been using this software exclusively for a number of years and have never had any problems.

Peggy
Envelope Secretary in Kanada
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Donarius software review

Kommentare: I am maintaining a record of all donations to a charitable institution that track givings over the year and for the documentation for issuing charitable tax receipts each year. I do some analysis of givings and assist in developing budget projections based on patterns of giving.

I would like to be able to create reports tailored to my own needs. I find the standard reports don't capture some of the analysis that I would like to do.