WhatsUp Gold Bewertungen

von Ipswitch

4 / 5 54 Bewertungen
WhatsUp Gold

wug 17&18 has an overall better interface that is responsive, a few minor fixes will make it aweso

Rj D.
Infrastructure Operations Manager

Vorteile: The device cards are a nice addition; quickly access common features.
Creating dashboard is much easier now than in previous version; more flexible.
I like how things are now grouped together, e.g. accessing logs you don't have to go to 3-4 different locations.
Searching for devices is great!

Nachteile: Device roles and discovery could use some work.
need to be able finding monitors in library is cumbersome, need a way to search or jump alphabetically
Device types were remove, new versions don't support changing OS type
Need a way to create dynamic HTTPS content monitor, meaning you could hit an address like so : http://%device.Hostname/NmConsole (hostname is not supported, only address)
HTTPS TCP monitors only support SSL TLS 1.0
I spend a lot of time hitting F5 to refresh the browser because the change I just made is not reflected.
you can drag and drop devices - need an easier way to manage groups.
Need a way to pin favorite groups in navigation pane.
When you are on device status page from my network you have to click back button 3-4 times to return to the my network page.
Would like to see more youtube videos on how to use the newer version; would be a great way to deliver user training.
I would like the ability to delete a device from the devices properties page.

von Ipswitch an 4.6.2018

Hi, Thanks so much for the kind words! We're delighted that you're enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you're using it. Please note that we do have a number of videos on Youtube that go into detail on our most recent release WhatsUp Gold 2018 as well as a Quick Tips series of how-to videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaOx9MsMEQ. If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

Excellent product however lately they are advertising features that are not working

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Glenn J.
Network Manager

Kommentare: It provides us an overall health of the environment and provides great alerting tool.

Vorteile: The interface is nice and customizable. Upgrading to new versions are very simple. The overall alert monitoring is great. They continue to add in new features to keep up with the overall demanding IT infrastructure. Working with their technical and product teams are great as they listen to your issues and/or suggestions and look to add new features by communicating to their customers on their sprints.

Nachteile: As of late the Whats Up Gold Plus product is not delivering based on what has been communicated to their customers. I attended a conference where IPSwitch stated their WhatsUp Gold product supported Microsoft Azure, Dell Compellent Storage and Wireless APs. When we implemented the product it only supports a small piece of Azure that requires Servers and not WebApps/Sites. In addition, the Dell Compellent provides incorrect measurements which is now being looked at on their technical team because there are issues with their release. On the AP Support it is stating they cannot read into our Cisco Airnet APs which are very standard. This too is a feature request. I like the product but for the cost I would expect these types of features to work.

WhatsUpGold is a great tool for monitoring the status of your network.

Dustin R.
Network Administrator

Kommentare: We mainly benefit from the alerts system that will notify all specified employees via text/email whenever a part of our network goes down. Typically we will know something is down before our users even notice the problem.

Vorteile: The alerts are where WhatsUpGold really shines. They are all fully customizable and once they're setup to your specifications they work like a dream. A majority of the time we will know when something on the network goes down before our users even notice the problem!

Nachteile: This product can do so many different things it becomes a little overwhelming. Once alerts are setup they work great, but the configuration process can get pretty confusing if you haven't done it before. Online training videos on how to configure certain features would be a great tool.

von Ipswitch an 4.6.2018

Hi and thanks so much for the kind words! We¿re delighted that you¿re enjoying WhatsUp Gold and we love hearing about how you¿re using it.

If you have further questions about using WhatsUp Gold please feel free to contact us directly or visit our online Community at commmunity.ipswitch.com for more help. Thanks again for using WhatsUp Gold.

I have had nothing but outstanding experience with IPswitch and it's staff.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Paul B.
Senior Systems analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Network and VM monitoring has improved by 200%

Vorteile: First is its reliability. I have matched it against other products such as CACTI and more accurate in the numbers game. Also, its flexibility when it comes to even exporting and importing of databases to new versions of WUG. Another aspect I like is how there is always constant improvement with the product. The versions never stay static. Always moving forward. I have in recent made of suggestion and IPSwitch said they would investigate it and possibly have it in a beta release.

Nachteile: This is a most difficult question to answer. If I had to come up with anything ... It is that they are under staffed. Every single employee on tech side, sales, marketing must be working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Answers are always 100 percent correct but the same staff answers your questions. Those employee s need help. Hire !!!

WhatsUp Gold is great to alert on all types of devices

Chad O.
Systems Administrator

Kommentare: Benefit of proactively maintaining the full network

Vorteile: It allows me to monitor all of the network remotely. I'm able to monitor switches, websites, computers, temperature, etc. I just need to only look at my email to be able to see down statuses of devices

Nachteile: Taking the time to research how to configure monitoring takes up a lot of my time. Wish there were more instructional videos.

von Ipswitch an 4.6.2018

I use it everyday for the past 15 years. Earlier versions were a bit easier to understand.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Bernie K.
Network Manager

Vorteile: I like the graphics. The graphs are great. The product does a lot. It is familiar to me as I've used WUG since 1998

Nachteile: The product is complex to setup. I need direction/training on all that it can do as it is no longer obvious.

von Ipswitch an 4.6.2018

Great for keeping track of complicated systems

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Dave F.
editor
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've worked in many offices and data centers that use this, and it seems to be the standard. So it's refreshing to walk into a new work-space and already be comfortable using WhatsUp. It's one of the more widespread used software packages (probably for a good reason!)

Vorteile: I had used other monitoring software before but none were as easy to use and reliable as WhatsUp Gold. The visual representation of your system is the most valuable because it makes everything so much easier to explain over the phone to people. You can have custom settings, alarms, triggers, etc that can all notify the right people. It makes it so much easier to keep things going and have the proper users/admins involved. The way it keeps everything organized is very useful and saves a lot of time with guess-work.

Nachteile: WhatsUp can be a little on the sensitive side, which I supposed can be a plus for some important machines - but annoying for others. I've had a few times where there were false triggers or errors that weren't a big deal. But from the customer point of view, I'd view this as a gain. It's always good to be ultra aware of whats happening on your network, especially if it's your job!

von Ipswitch an 30.1.2019

Thank you Dave for the review and for being a customer.

Great for monitoring network equipment

Kay F.
Application Development & Support
Chemikalien, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Provides great monitoring for network issues and machines connected to the network

Vorteile: The ability to monitor critical machines and connections to observer performance, switching, and other issues. We use email alerts which reach the IT team via email which we can get at our desk or on our mobile phone cuts down on the response time to resolve any issues. The backup configurations and archiving in WhatsUp performs very well. the application is used for both Cisco routers and switches.

Nachteile: Web interface functionality could be improved and will need to get additional training to fully utilize all the features available in What's Up for maximum usage.

WhatsUp gold is a good bare bones monitoring tool. The UI and UX is probably one of the worst

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.4.2018
David J.
CIO
Anwaltskanzlei, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Provides basic reporting. What you see is sometimes what you get, but there could be so much more potential with the product.

Vorteile: the product is not expensive. The ease of use has slightly improved. Upgrades and patches are no longer a problem like they were in the past.

Nachteile: I don't trust the alerting
The UI and UX is terrible. The dashboards you can create are extremely limiting
There doesn't seem to be any built-in "hey you haven't been alerting on X,Y,Z, but you should because our other customers do and they see improved results"
The competition is leaps and bounds ahead, but so is their price point.

We have been using Whats Up Gold for 17 years and love it!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Perry D.
Director of Technology Resources
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We live in a very mobile world! I can travel anywhere and get text messages whenever something fails! I am always the first to know when something is down!

Vorteile: I have worked with many other platforms and the setup and configuration takes many weeks to perform. What's Up Gold can be set up in a day! It is extremely easy to work with. We monitor over 200 switches on our network. The notifications we get are very reliable!

Nachteile: Loved look and feel of Version 16.5. We are staying on that for awhile. The newer versions are much different and I am not ready to change.... my problem.

Good, but has an antiquated licensing model...

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Systems Engineer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been pretty good, but as of right now we're looking at other more cost effective options.

Vorteile: I like how reliable it is. Once you've got it set up, it just keeps on chugging no matter how many fires are happening around it. It integrates well with PagerDuty and covers the bulk of our monitoring needs.

Nachteile: I don't like the licensing model. We have multiple sites and we have to set up fully licensed instances at those remote sites for monitoring of those resources. Additionally, we don't have a way to combine all of those remote sites into a single pane of glass with our main site so that we can get a holistic view of our enviornment.

WUG is a good software that save me time and my company money.

Senior Systems Analyst Shop Floor
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Less downtime and a better vision into how my very large site is doing. It's too far to walk around checking things all the time.

Vorteile: You can monitor nearly anything all at the same time. Anything from Database instances to a single SNMP trap can be monitored. Alerting works great and saves me the trouble of telling someone a room is overheating or power is out.

Nachteile: Setup can be rather finicky and difficult to understand. Response time is also rather slow and can fool you into thinking it's not working.

Very Impressive

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Software QA Tester
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quite an impressive tool, highly recommended

Vorteile: WhatsUp Gold helps to monitor network traffic for branches in remote location. It can easily notify on a particular network issue in a remote area which can be quickly attended to to prevent downtime.
WhatsUp Gold also allows the easy monitoring of servers and applications.

Nachteile: - As helpful as this tool is, it should be modified to provide more details on issues identified

von Ipswitch an 1.4.2019

Thank you for the review and for being a valued customer.

Great product that monitors our devices

Nick M.
Manager of IT Infrastructure

Kommentare: System awareness

Vorteile: Know as soon as something goes down. Or when something is getting close to causing you headaches. Don't be in the dark or find out on a Friday night that your server crashed when you could easily avoid it with proper notifications.

Nachteile: Interface is not intuitive and could use a redesign. Once you figure out it your ok but takes some googeling to find functionality. Custom notifications windows could use a serious rework.

Been using WUG for 10+ years, great product!

Paul B.
Sr. Network Administrator
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to identify network traffic bottlenecks, down devices or down monitors of devices.

Vorteile: Layer 2 maps of network with an easy to read & understand status are great. When analyzing network traffic, the ability to filter down to a specific devices' traffic has allowed me to identify networking issues on multiple occasions.

Nachteile: Challenges working with web interface, sometimes there are issues with certain browsers not being able to perform certain functions.

The interface is getting more cumbersome and tedious to navigate

Scott P.
Windows/Exchange Manager
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: General monitoring was great, but it's become more difficult to configure for the way we wanted to use it. Free tools now will do the same thing with the same amount of work.

Vorteile: It was the ease of use, but that's going away. The ability to use a single service monitor to monitor multiple devices. Too bad thats going away.

Nachteile: It's gotten cumbersome to use and now the monitors all need to be scripted vs a generic monitor you can use for multiple devices.

It is a great product and moving in the right direction and moving backwards in other directions.

Alex K.
Computer Operations Technician Sr.
Computer-Vernetzung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to see when anything on campus is down, up or any issues on the device such as memory or disk utilization of a server.

Vorteile: It has greatly improved the GUI interface of the product making it easier to see everything you need.

Nachteile: They removed a lot of features with the new update that the old one had that made it great. THey need to bring back all the features that made it great and keep moving in a better faster direction.

This is a great product

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Dominic B.
IT Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Realtime monitoring tool

Vorteile: It is a great visual dashboard to know the health of your network.
Easy of use for the simple task
Support team seems to getting better

Nachteile: Lots of bugs in 2017 version, was like a beta version of 2018 version.
Not a lot of device type
Discovery is not always accurate about the brand, model, device type ,etc.
WiFi monitoring is not good
Not easy to use for advance monitoring

Slowly getting better

Mike P.
Network Engineer

Vorteile: Discovery process is straightforward and easy. New gen UI took a lot of getting used to but is nice overall.

Nachteile: Creating and assigning advanced/custom monitors is still not as intuitive as it should be. Missing several basic features such one-time scheduled maintenance. You have to manually put a device into maintenance mode and take it out or assign a recurring maintenance schedule.

Great software for monitoring network devices. Easy to use interface that provides a great dashboard

Cody W.
Systems Admibistrator

Vorteile: Email and dashboard provide a quick overview of your network devices at a glance. We utilize multiple dashboards to monitor network switches, interface statistics, server statistics, hard drive and memory usage, our virtual infrastructure, and even netflows.

Nachteile: Adding a single device seems clunky - you can't just add a device by ip - must be done by network scans.

We have been using WUG for over 6 years and it has been very beneficial in monitoring our systems.

Guy U.
IT Director
Verpackung und Container, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the new interface in WUG 2018, it is clean and modern. It is easy to add new devices to be monitored.

Nachteile: A couple of years ago there was a major upgrade to the software that removed a lot of report functionality that we were using. Knowing this, I would have stayed on the old version of the software. It is also hard to contact support, they hide the phone number.

We've been using WUG for a decade and although it has its issues, it overall is good.

Anthony W.
Manager, Data Center Operations
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: stable monitoring system for our production and dev/qa environments.

Vorteile: The web interface has been significantly improved with the previous version of WUG. It is much faster and more intuitive. Product is a good value for the money.

Nachteile: the major upgrades are released with a lot of issues and we've had to roll back to a previous version more than once

For Monitoring my environment, I like knowing What's Up

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.9.2015
Diana W.
Hochschulbildung
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: When you have a lot of servers and a lot of websites and your college administrators are demanding that they be up 95% of the time or better, you need a good monitoring tool. What's Up Gold is the best tool I've found out there, bar none.

Vorteile: It is completely customizable. Even the landing page can be customized to display your environment in the way that you want to see it. Alerts can be taken from the library and/or customized for your needs. A graphic display of your environment with color-coded conditions is useful for a quick visual look at your environment, and I have it running on one of my system monitors all the time. Email alerts, text messages - all customizable.

Nachteile: Like any large-scale program, it can be difficult to learn and I recommend attending training to get the most out of the product, which is an additional cost. And the product isn't cheap to begin with. Just looking at the initial screens can be very intimidating.

The complete visibility of physical and virtual infrastructure

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Vasu N.
Lead MTS

Vorteile: Basically No agent installation required. Visually appealing dashboards with good data presentation. Additional functionality available through the installation.
Customization can be done according to our requirement and the Application Provides a wealth of information and great dashboard with drill-down competence.
Easy to implement and we can connect to all wan sites in a seconds matters. Alarm color can change for easy recognize and Mapping, Dashboards, Monitors, Actions, NTA, APM and CM
Latest version is reliable

Nachteile: No support for Microsoft Hyper-V. Everything must be installed on-premises. No monitoring of any cloud services.
it has 8 Alternatives to Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold(PRTG,NetFlow Traffic Analyzer,Intermapper,ManageEngine OpManager,NetCrunch,SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor and etc)

von Ipswitch an 9.3.2018

Thanks for the 5 Star review! Just an update that a few releases ago we added support for Hyper-V and now support the full APIs for and monitor performance and availability of AWS and Azure deployments as well.

Critical tool for monitoring our infrastructure

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 3.10.2017
Patrick E.
Network Administrator
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have complete visibility of our physical and virtual infrastructure,

Vorteile: Highly customizable
Provides a wealth of information
Great dashboard with drilldown capability
Version 16 is rock solid reliable

Nachteile: Version 17 is a hot mess. I upgraded from version 16 to 17 and ended up rolling back because there were so many missing features