Über Covetrus Impromed

Gib deiner Praxis die Möglichkeit, Gewinne zu steigern, Kosten zu reduzieren und ausstehende Gebühren einzuziehen.

Erfahre mehr über Covetrus Impromed

Inventory, patient records and accounting all work well. System has the ability to do so much with added cost of additional modules.

Bewertungen zu Covetrus Impromed

3,8
3,7
3,9
3,7

Covetrus Impromed hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 252 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Covetrus Impromed bereits verwendet?

Kerrie
Kerrie
CVT in USA

Impromed

Kommentare: Overall good. Its overall keeping tract of our clients patients medical records.

It's easy to keep track and answer our clients questions with improMed. I also use lab screen and other templets that can ease my documents on our patience. Its also nice to have the emailing features so I can get the information to our clients immediately.

The inventory and product side of this software is complicated. I also wish it will tell me where I'm at with needing to reorder our inventory. The Templates with prescription labels and reminders we seem to always need a IT person to help us. IT help can sometimes not followup with us when we need something not as immediate can be pushed aside and not followup. Transactions take a long time with the credit cards.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for reaching our and sending your feedback, Kerrie! We agree that ImproMed provides a lot of great, easy to use features that make it easier to run your business. While inventory can be complicated to get in to a rhythm, we have a great Training Team that knows the best practices and is here to help. In fact, we did a webinar focused specifically on inventory. We would love to put you in touch with a Trainer who can help you and the team sort out some of these areas. If you're interested in learning more, reach out to us at the email mentioned below. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Lexie
Manager in USA

Review

Kommentare: We have always had a great experience and customer service is always wonderful!!!

This product is user friendly for scheduling appointments and billing clients. Easy to right click/left click. Very windows based program.

Medical records-- it is not an easy task to set up medical records within the program and not so easy to edit them.

Sara
LVT in USA
Tierarzt, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Needs some tweaking but gets the job done!

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall Impromed is an extremely useful tool and helps me get my job done properly, I just think there are some things that could use a little tweaking.

I love being able to easily access my patients' medical records and the ease of overall seeing what I need to be able to see in a chronologically appropriate manner

I'd really love to be able to have the xrays automatically attached to the medical record rather than having to attach an image or a link. I'd also like to be able to title my bloodwork, rather than clicking on all the various bloodworks run looking for a thyroid for example. I'd like to be able to title the bloodwork what exactly it was I ran and get rid of the machine names used for the title of the bloodwork. There's also a new issue I've noticed- when I hover over an appointment, it tells me the age of the animal at the time of booking the appointment, but the actual medical record has the actual age of the animal. Several times now for puppies, when I hover over the appointment in easytime, it will say "12 weeks and 3 days", but in the medical record it says "16 weeks and 5 days". It doesn't match up and I can calculate from the D.O.B. their actual age if I needed to, but I fear new users can easily get confused.

Sheldon
Veterinarian, owner in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not listening

Kommentare: We are a busy 2 person mixed practice with a lot of inventory dispensing. We have been using Infinity for about 7 years. The support is really not what is used to be. They do not get back to us. And we are paying a high quarterly fee for that support. The label program and the search communications is too complicated for the average person to use. You have to call and get help for that, and they seldom "get" what you want. The program takes way too many steps to complete the simplest tasks. A good program allows a good computer literate person to "enter" or tab through screens. With this program, you always are reaching for the mouse, which doubles the time of date entry. Most of the drop down or view screens are not customizable. They are a small window, with lots of non-necessary columns and the only way to view them all, is to go to the mouse, slide the bottom bar, or narrow the columns like an excel format, until you see what you really want. I have made these suggestions since the program came out, and nothing has been done. There is little that is efficient with this program.

Lots of reports. But, again, they need to understand what the owner of a practice needs to evaluate and put that in a report that helps, graph and compare categories, trends, product usage for the past 5 years, without exporting to excel. When I complain about that, they just are proud of the fact that you can export to excel. But my time is valuable. Make it work in infinity.

See my experience, and also, Inventory. They need to get with MWI and get a seamless way to load inventory. I know Infinity is owned by Schein, but I am not, and they need to get over it, and help the customer that can only source what they need from MWI and allow downloading of orders into the system. We need predictive inventory. It takes too much time to view product, look at the usage by month (which is a very nice feature). We have over 2,000 products (inventory) and it would take forever to set the repurchase levels. Plus, in our large animal practice, products are seasonal. Let the program predict what I need to order based on past usage, so my staff can quickly select the quantity to reorder, and let the order go to MWI through Infinity.

Shawna
Practice manager in USA

ImproMed

It has a nice layout, self explanatory.

To start with the transition from Avimark to ImproMed was a mess- our server arrived without all the necessary information which required our trainer to focus on that during a time we were to receive training. Lab equipment has not communicated with software consistently since the install which was 4/2018. As you can imagine learning a new system when you did not have the appropriate time to be trained can be difficult- their customer support WAS really bad during that time, it has gotten better but I have also had to figure out so much using youtube that I really just do not call them unless I have to. There is no spell check as you go along, you have to type then check it. It refreshes but bumps you out of where you were looking so you have to start all over again. Every now and then it will glitch and bump the date along the right lower side of the screen back to 1900 - so as you are trying to look up soaps and medical records there isn't anything there. Low qty items do not auto populate to the want list. Inventory is not easy to understand and it is easy to make mistakes that throw off your counts. Intelligent inventory was exciting but I was talked out of that by an ImproMed support person so... the spreadsheet is a mess to try and use- very easy to make a mistake for price increases.

Carolyn

Mount Carmel Animal Hospital

Kommentare: I used ImproMed for many years in two separate practices. Overall, the system works well if you do not want to move to being completely paperless. It has robust reporting and works well for the administrative side of running a veterinary practice. The medical record keeping definitely has room for improvement.

The inventory management and reporting aspects of ImproMed are quite good. As an administrator, you can easily get all the information you need to assess your practice. Appointment scheduling is quick and simple. The way the medical records are viewed is easy to navigate.

The medical records aspect leaves a lot to be desired. If free typing, ImproMed organizes the medical records in a great way. If you are trying to truly go "paperless", however, it is difficult to navigate and inefficient. The tree set up for medical records is time consuming to go through in order to enter your records and push charges through. ImproMed is ideal for a practice that is a hybrid of paper and electronic records. It is a great system for entering notes and keeping records, but inefficient to utilize to be completely paperless.

vor 12 Monaten

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Sanjay
Owner DVM in USA

In house vs Mobile versions

Kommentare: They have been trying to get the mobile edition to appear similar to the non-mobile but still not finished. I'm going to try a different way to use the program and see if that helps.

When I bought the practice, there was DOS version of the software which was difficult to use in a windows generation. When we upgraded to the windows version, there is multiple ways to do each task which helps various employees to do their work in their learning style.

The mobile addition is supposed to run the same as the regular version but after a week of using it, there has been numberous problems using it. Unsure if it would work better if didn't need to sync with my other brick molar practice version that has been operating during the day with the associates seeing patients or if both used the same database. The problems are: the program not loading modules the same, giving the blue "circle of death" constantly, delayed opening of screens and kicking out of the program during operation. The other problem is the customer support: if you get someone it helps but if you need them to call back due to long wait times, they won't call back until the next day. IF YOU CAN, STAY ON THE PHONE LINE! Otherwise they don't consider you a priority anymore = "squeaky wheel gets the oil". When it comes to DICOM integration, it took over 4 months to get medical records to list the images and I still don't think the actual images come up in the rooms, but COVID made that unnecessary for now.

Thomas
General Manager in Kanada

Infinity Software

Kommentare: I found the support team excellent over the years to handle problems and the development team listens to our concerns and when a patches or an upgrade comes it usually addresses those concerns. From the sales team to support teams they really do their best to help you get the right software for your clinic and resolve any issues.

The software Infinity is excellent, it takes the average new employee about 2 month to get comfortable using the software after training and has to be supervised because there is so much for the employee to learn ,especially employees working reception and inventory. Their service and support team are excellent they handle trouble issues quickly are extremely polite and professional. The senior support team are very knowledgeable and are your back up in real problem solving issues that might arise. Of all the software we have tried over the past 43 years. this is the best on the market. As an administrator this software does it all that I need to run a company successfully . I hope this helps you on your decision on the software to use for you Clinic or Hospital. Take care Thomas Fleming GM, CVDSM Inc.

Training time to teach a new employee to grasp all the different features but once trained they seem to catch on to the routine. A manager I need reports and they have many to choose from but when I have a staff meeting and need simple graphs showing how we are doing not available. As a manager when software upgrades come it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hrs to install the software in the practice and you have to become very knowledgeable and comfortable to install this on off hour with their support team.

Angie
Director of Hospital Operations in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Multi-practice user

Kommentare: As a multi-practice location we would be lost without the ability to have on central client database to use at all of our locations.

I like all of the integrations with this software. The software is updated on a regular basis. The ability to customize the features of the dashboard to each user or group.

We do have more needs for multi-business features. There are some items on our wish list for the inventory module.

Brian
Veterinarian/Owner in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

No regrets with my decision.

Kommentare: Excellent. Customer service is vital to the software running properly and Impromed has excellent support staff.

Impromed handles all of our software needs and was the only company that could supply the technology we needed for our multi-practice business in 2004.

Training is essential. New employees take a little time to learn the software. There are several ways to get to the same location and that is difficult for some to grasp.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Allen
Veterinary Practice Manager in USA

Impromed Practice Management Software

Kommentare: We began using computers in our practice in the early 1980's. Of the ones being promoted at that time we were most impressed by the features and people behind the system called CompCare, developed by Dr. Dave Allard and Dr. Kent Kruse. Since then we have watched our practice management software evolve and grow not only with our practice but with current technology and current trends in operating a busy veterinary practice. As in our earliest days of introducing a computer as a tool for keeping track of day to day duties and tasks, even today, one of the best advantages of using ImproMed software is the excellent support that we receive from the many technicians that are available either a click or phone call away. We have become so dependent on our practice management software, having such a dedicated team to turn too when problems arise is an extremely valuable resource.

We have been with ImproMed since it began and our computer use has evolved along with each change and enhancement with regards to both software and hardware. ImproMed is used extensively throughout our practice and is extremely helpful in tracking everything that we do from appointment scheduling, patient management and record keeping to financial management, accounting and employees.

The medical records portion of the software has been a recent challenge to us, but one that we are currently learning and slowly becoming more familiar with. Although we have had the capability of using this feature over the years, we had opted to continue keeping hand written charts on all of our patients. Now that we are seeing the need to fully utilize this feature, the least liked thing is the extensive time required to key in all the notes. ImproMed has come so far over the years, we are longing for the day when it will be able to read our minds thus making this task much more effortless!

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Hello Allen, thank you for your detailed feedback. It's always great to get specifics on how we're hitting the mark, and where users see room for improvement. We're honored to have you as a customer since the beginning.

Kris

Impromed User since 2012

Kommentare: From preinstall preparation to use over the past 8+ years, we have been pretty happy with Impromed. You have some of the nicest tech support people and it's a pleasure to work with them. Since this was a new practice, we had no database conversion to deal with thankfully!

Generally very intuitive to use. The financial reports generated are great to use. (now if I could get the team to balance at the end of day, I'd be doing good!)

The Inventory Module needs serious revamping: The out of stock bin in the inventory module is a waste of time as it affects the total inventory value and you have to go digging to find the issue. The Inventory Category report needs to be accessible at any time after the close of the month. Currently if you miss printing it you're out of luck. Everything else seems to be date dependent...not Inventory. Also needs a count sheet for when performing a large scale inventory count without killing a ton of trees. Not everyone has a bar code reader ( or needs one) but there's not a count sheet that doesn't include it. Also there needs to be a way to "hide" products no longer in use or in the hospital so that you are only looking at active inventory in ALL THE REPORTS. I can go on, but you get the idea

Karen
Medical Director/Lead Veterinarian in USA

Needs major updates

Kommentare: Cumbersome and clunky. We are definitely able to use the system, but it is not reliable. Daily I hold my breath in trying to figure out what is going to go wrong today. There are so many improvements this software needs to make it more user friendly.

I like the appointment scheduler the most in this software, the different colors make it easier to look at in a glance. I like that it can communicate to Idexx equipment and other programs. I like the idea of intellient inventory if it worked appropriately

It is not user friendly. The training videos are outdated, it is next to impossible to get someone on the help chat feature consistently as well as when you call. The updates are not very helpful. It does not feel like there is any user feedback when these are done. Most frustrating - Why do the treatment plans, not become part of the record so we can easily print the notes and time stamps to give to referral hospitals. This is a big miss It is extremely outdated, it runs slow, sometimes does not even come up when loaded even though we have a fast server. Reporting is very difficult. It is not really labeled in a way to be able to find the information you need. Too many glitches and not frequent enough updates Not cloud based. We have to practice up to date medicine we should have up to date software Setting up admin users and accessibility is really difficult. I still can't figure out if there is a master area of allowances or do we really have to change it for every individual person as to who has access to what.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.

Patty
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for our practice!

Kommentare: I am very pleased that we chose Impromed. From installation and initial training to ongoing technician help, it has been a great experience.

This software is easy to use. When it was first installed there was a rather steep learning curve for us since no one in the office had used it - but it was worth it! There is so much included in the program to make day to day tasks easier and the program is always getting better with the upgrades. The Inventory Module is one of my favorite. It is also nice that there are different ways to through the system depending on the task. The help desk is fantastic! When I call in with a question or problem it is usually handled with the first phone call. I believe the best experience I had was when the computer had a hard shut down (due to my error!). It happened at night, but Impromed had us up and running using the back up by mid-morning the next day! The technicians are very helpful and polite. I am very pleased with ImproMed.

A better inter-office chat system would be nice. Also, I find that the Communication/Search module is a bit cumbersome. Lastly, I seldom find what I am looking for when using the Help - Contents/Index/Search section.

Jacqueline
Reception in USA

Impromed

This software is kind of hard to use and get used to, I switched from Avimark and still prefer Avimark, Impromed is a lot of steps to get one thing done, but I do like that everything requires initials, that way if there is an error it is easy to find who is involved.

It is very difficult to refill medications, in avimark you were able to refill straight from the chart by right clicking and hitting "refill" impromed is a little more difficult. It is also hard to change any errors with patient processing and refunds are also multiple unnecessary steps. It took me a long time to get used to impromed. I also dislike that all appointments are the same color, in Avimark everything was color coded so you knew which appointments were vaccines, which ones were sick, which ones were euthanasia's and things of that nature, with impromed if you don't hover over every appointment you don't know what they are being seen for.

Xochitl
Owner, RVT, Practice Manager in USA

Happy with Impromed

Kommentare: More user friendly than any other software I’ve used. Tech support is most always friendly and helpful which is also better service than other softwares we’ve used.

Ease of use makes it easier to train new people and access new features when upgrades occur. Looks nice as well.

Unexplainable glitches that can interfere with daily routine but are not explained by tech support. For example, if the computer refreshes while someone is selecting a patient’s file it defaults to the previous patient, thus charges and records get put under the wrong pet. Time is lost having to re-enter everything.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Thank you for your feedback, Xochitl!

Janee

Impromed

Kommentare: At first glance it's an exciting software because of what it does offer. Unfortunately the true usage wasn't explored enough before we converted. The sales pitch outweighed our gains. We do believe it has positives but unfortunately we haven't been able to utilize them due to lack of need. Plus support is not always the easiest to reach when needed or they neglect to return and/or follow up on calls.

We appreciate the complexity of the software even though it doesn't necessarily suit our business. The reporting is good and the level of accountability is good.

We have encountered issues with billing that seem to be non-intuitive. Removing products from an invoice that was already issued also removes them from the history of the client. Also, this software if way to complex for a small business. Way too many "clicks" to accomplish simple tasks.

Richard
President in USA

Impromed Review

Kommentare: When I got Impromed it was CompCare (1980's) and the experience was good. Tech support is my biggest complaint now. Overall the program is okay.

A lot of the program is not user friendly and intuitive. My biggest critique is the degradation of support since Covetrus took over. Hold times are improving but often not ideal. Usually the Tier One techs don't know much or at least enough to solve the problem. One has to wait for a call back from an analyst which may be a day or two wait. It's now more difficult to send support a message. It is no longer as simple as sending an email. Now you have to go the website and fill in a form. Putting in an online request for support is a joke. They MIGHT call you back in a day or two. Chat is usually worthless. Another problem since they took over is that they dropped the mobile app which I used daily.

Tech. Support. Impossible to program label formats without support doing it for us. Long hold times which are getting better.

IT support in USA

Hands down the worst!

Kommentare: I have had nothing but a horrible experience from ImproMed.

I can't see any pros about this software, users complain about it on the daily.

This company is a sham! They continue to get bought by bigger and bigger companies, ImproMed Infinity is now just a sliver what they offer. The support is by far the worst I have seen, worse than Microsoft! If you run into an issue don't expect it to be fixed, if someone says they need to call you back don't expect a call back. When it comes to someone managing your account, that doesn't exist. Your only line to this company is through their horrible support department. WARNING this company will try and sell you hardware, IT support all the while ignoring anything that isn't part of their suite. They sell white box servers, well over the price of what you would pay for a real server from Dell. If you want to buy only the software don't expect them support to performance issues even if your hardware is better than what they would sell. They know nothing about the other essential technology that runs your business. Stay away if you can! They software itself looks like Microsoft Office 2007, the interface is old and extremely outdated.

Myron
DVM in USA

Robust

Kommentare: If I were in the market to change software I would probably choose/rec AVImark to save some money.

The system is expensive to maintain for the small 1-2 doctor practice. The support offered has decrease over the years and has become more and more expensive (less for more). When purchased over 12 years ago was told could have unlimited documents, forms and templates created but each comes with additional costs. It is frustrating for support to not be able do to meetings and parties during regular hours.

Carrie-Ann
HR Generalist in USA

Impromed Works

Kommentare: It's a great system to have that can be accessed anywhere in the practice, and there are security features that help ensure overall privacy.

Impromed is a well-rounded software that helps keep any veterinary practice running smoothly. There are plenty of features and capabilities for your entire organization to work within, share details, and to be able to work cohesively in all areas of the practice. There are training modules that concisely explain all features of the program and everyone on the team is empowered to effectively and efficiently help the clients.

It can take some getting used to in the beginning and you need to ensure you have the proper servers and bandwidth to run this program - once you have that set up, they sky's the limit.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear how well ImproMed is working for your practice. Our team is always working on improving the implementation and training process. I've shared your feedback with our Team to ensure it is reviewed. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Kristen

Good and Bad with everything

The software is very customizable. You can design your own forms or use one of hundreds that they already have designed. You can have mobile units for field work. Tech support is awesome and they are easy to contact by phone or chat or email.

You need a long time with no distractions to get it set up. There are so many ways to customize the software that you need a solid game plan going in and time to implement and test. The app for phones is for viewing only, I believe. You cannot enter information from the app. The calendar cannot sync to other calendars (like phone or google). Impromed is very slow in doing upgrades. One of the main reasons why we chose them is for the integration with Global Vet Link. When the government started requiring additional information, the integration broke. 8 months later, there is still no timeline for fixing the integration. This is just one example. There are many other instances. Seems expensive for quarterly support and upgrades contract.

Crystal
practice manager in USA

Impromed Review

Kommentare: Very frustrating. The system is always glitching and programming it to fit our needs is constantly met with road blocks. The poor functionality makes it so that a hospital NEEDS to pay for their tech support in order to keep it functioning at the most basic level. Tech support is a very frustrating process as most of the technicians know less about the program than me, and offer little to no solutions, are not great about following up. Using this program is the most frustrating part of my staff and doctor's day, which should not be the case. You should take a look at VCA's Woof ware and get with the times. I plan on purchasing another hospital and will NOT be using impromed at that location.

It provides the basic functionality that a hospital requires.

It is archaic in nature and is lagging in upgrades. There are far better, more user friendly and intelligent software available. If we didn't already put so much money into this program we would have already invested in another option.

Rachel

Inpromed Review

Kommentare: Overall, the software has managed to do what it is created to do in our practice. The issues I have already list are our main issues with the software.

I like that the software is user friendly, multiple functions available, and tracking system (although some reports are confusing & not clear) I also like the fact that it is customizable.

Accounting functions and the ability to get quick response from customer support about specific explanations about accounting issues. I do not favor the message function (pertaining to leaving messages for doctors, rx refills, etc.). I think it should be a better way of doing this.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Hello Rachel, thank you for your feedback. We agree that ImproMed is user-friendly and provides many robust features. I've sent your improvement comments to our product management team for consideration. We are always looking for ways to improve workflows. Thank you again! All the best!

Angela
CSR in USA

Review for ImproMed

Kommentare: Overall experience with ImproMed is good. Love how Impromed software works with Cubex system.

What I like most about the Impromed software is different avenues to take within the software to get to where you need to be as everyone learns differently.

Do not like that you have to close out of a file in order to pull up another file. Although I can see where this could prevent possible mistakes it is not cohesive to work flow. Other software can minimize the file you are in and come right back to it. It also does not "flag" if you happen to have another client with same phone # and if you are not careful you may end up entering the client several times in the software. Other systems I have used have alerted to this thus not entering the client into the system a second time.

Antwort von Covetrus Software Services

Hello Angela! Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your team is using ImproMed in the way that suits them individually. I've shared your feedback regarding the workflow issues with our Team to ensure it is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.