Über Jackrabbit Dance

Online-Tanzschulsoftware, die von über 12.000 Studios und Schulen verwendet wird, und die Art und Weise verändert, wie du dein Tanzstudio führst. Erfahre mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Jackrabbit Dance

You can access money, registers, classes all in one place. The customer support is also great and they’re very attentive.

Also, not automatically charging a registration fee to dancers who are enrolling in new classes is not ideal and causes me to loose money yearly.

Bewertungen zu Jackrabbit Dance

Jackrabbit Dance hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 609 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Jackrabbit Dance bereits verwendet?

Melanie
Melanie
School Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been positive. Jackrabbit is expensive, but they seem to offer the most features for a complex dance school. One way or another we can find what we need through Jackrabbit

What I like most about this software is the customer service. This is a robust and complex system that has evolved spectacularly over the 10+ years that I have used it. There are many features that can be confusing at first. But the customer service team is always ready to help and in a way that makes it easy to understand and replicate on my own later.

One thing that is missing is a retail feature for online sales. They have implemented a retail feature that can be done in person. But I would love to be able to sell our uniforms on our website through Jackrabbit. I would also love to see the email/communications features made more robust. It would be nice to know who is opening our emails and who is not.

Destiny
Studio Director in USA

The Studio Management Software you didn't know you needed

Kommentare: We went from CompuDance to MindBody to Jackrabbit Dance and never looked back. It takes care of our needs, is constantly improving with time, and has amazing customer service.

I love how organized Jackrabbit Dance keeps our studio. The program is designed well (both aesthetically, and functionally).

The cost is based on students both active and inactive. It would be nice to be charged only for active students. We have to move inactives to lead files, and there are times in which a student has only left for a semester. Or, if a family has one kiddo drop, then we either have to delete said student, or continue to "pay" for their information to be retained.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Destiny! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we are so happy to have you with us. If the monthly cost is a concern, we would recommend looking into our new PayPath option. If you're interested in learning more, please reach out to our team.

Kimberly
Owner/ Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better than Iclasspro and dance studio pro

Kommentare: It’s better than some but we are looking at making our own software to match jackrabbit but cater to our needa

It was easy to set up and at the time the best option out there

Hard to use l, not user friendly, reports suck, too many bugs

letztes Jahr

Hi Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry we didn't meet your needs but appreciate you trying us out. We do make bi-weekly software updates and work to address concerns. We recently did a big update on our reporting and now offer a Business Intelligence Dashboard.

Ainsley
co-owner in USA

Streamline your business!

Kommentare: JR has been such a positive experience for my business. I can't ever imagine using any other system!

I like the way you can manage all your customers as well as how easy JR is to utilize. The customer support, if you need it, is essential! JR responds so quickly with friendly caring staff. Our system has never been down in all the years we have used JR.

The only negative thing about JR is my ability to learn everything they have to offer! When I do learn something new, I always ask myself, "What was I waiting on"

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Ainsley! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are always here if you need anything!

Anneliese
Dance Studio Owner and Director in USA

Gets the Job Done!

Kommentare: It helped us go from barely managing one studio, to efficiently managing 3 simultaneously.

What I like most about Jackrabbit is how it allows you one database for your enrollment and registration.

What I don't like is how communication gets lost frequently when we email our clients. Spam filters often filter out emails sent from JR. We also have frequent issues with the registration page being difficult for first time customers.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Anneliese! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please reach out to our team if you would like some support with the registration page.

Saylor

Very Happy!

Customer Service! They are usually available and so caring and helpful with any issues I may have!

I wish they could do the automatic tuition draft on their end so we don't still have to go into the system to do that each month. I would also love to have the card processing fee applied automatically each time they use their card so I do not have to take of that at the end of the year.

Heather

Downstage Dance Review

Kommentare: Excellent! I love the product and the customer service. The program does so much and makes it easy to manage my studio.

Customer service! I love that they help set things up. Jackrabbit does so much, sometimes it’s hard to manage on my own.

Not enough time to learn the entire program.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Heather! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad you choose to work with us!

Hailey
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

JackRabbit for the win!

Kommentare: Overall, it has been an incredibly positive experience. I speak very highly of JackRabbit and am happy we made the change despite the stress of changing over at the most chaotic time of our year.

I love the customization of JackRabbit combined with how up to date it feels. The customer service is top notch and the help functions are incredible. They are always making updates, providing helpful tutorials, communicating via emails and their facebook group. It is (pretty much) everything I wanted out of a dance studio software. I'm mad that we waited so long to make the switch.

Initially, there were some financial aspects that were a turn off. Most have proved to be pros rather than cons. The biggest dislikes that come to mind are the way bank draft declines must be monitored by hand and not being able to password protect or put restrictions on class enrollments.

Lauren
Office Manager in Kanada

JR Review

Kommentare: Love jackrabbit and highly recommend it to others

Everything is in one spot. Parent can log on to enroll in classes and pay.

Can be hard to find the right report Wish there were an option for private lessons

Emily
Emily
Founder in USA
Darstellende Künste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit Dance is essential to our operations

Kommentare: We have been customers since 2012, and I consider myself pretty high level in the implementation of Jackrabbit's tools at this point. I'm glad to have Jackrabbit Dance for client management for sure. Having worked in other systems, I do not believe they are as appropriately set up for class sessions. While Jackrabbit may not be the best for one-off classes, it is definitely the best for class series or sessions with multiple classes being paid for all at once (or over the course of a few months through installments).

Without Jackrabbit Dance, I have no idea how we would manage our catalog of 2,000+ students. At any given time, we typically have between 250 and 500 active enrollments, and we could not manage the activity around class management, client management, and payments without Jackrabbit as a tool.

I don't love the fact that one-off classes are managed under Events rather than under Classes. It has proven to be confusing to clients, so we typically don't use Jackrabbit for those types of enrollments. I would definitely prefer to be able to use one database management tool for all of our operations.

Jeanne
Artistic and Executive Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best as far as customization goes

Kommentare: We like it, but it is a bit frustrating at times. It is definitely confusing, as well...and this comes from very tech-savvy people.

I really love that Jackrabbit has so many features and so many ways to customize it. It is replacing numerous different things we used to customize and create for ourselves — attendance sheets on Google Sheets, rolls and databases on Filemaker Pro, having to manually text parents through Google Voice, emailing registered families through Gmail add-ons or Mailchimp, and registering students through a mix of Woocommerce and Eventzilla. We felt that the charge was worth it.

I do believe that functionality sort of takes precedence with this company over ease of use. So, it is very difficult sometimes to customize things exactly the way you want it. There is also NO way — in our opinion — to effectively do drop-ins, like there is with Mind-Body. Private lessons will also require us to use a 3rd party solution. I wish there as a native app, free for all of us, not additional charge. I also wish there was a way to integrate video lessons or pay-to-take-online lessons (like drop-ins, online). I think that the way you integrate this into your website is also very convoluted, and could be improved.

Brianne
Owner/Director in USA

A True Asset for Management

Kommentare: Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

Leslie
Studio owner in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit has been a lifesaver

One centralized location to manage most aspects of the business, whether at the office or at home. This product makes owning and managing a dance studio much easier. It is also a great service for our patrons.

There are a lot of possibilities and you have to be careful to check everything. It can sometimes be a bit persnickety and for people who are not computer savvy, it is not always intuitive.

Rachel
Owner/Creative Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, Selbstständig

Helpful, Useful, Resourceful!

Kommentare: Overall, it has made my life so much easier and has helped me get my business on the right foot!

I love the functionality of Jackrabbit and how it can store so much information and make it all work together. The parent portal looks professional and you can customize it to your companies logo, branding and welcome messages. My clients have had a fairly easy time using the portal and I love being able to send documents to their classes for them to always view instead of sending 90 emails a year.

I really wish there was a way for students to sign up for private lessons or occasional lessons. I wish there was a way to schedule classes to be set up on an every other week basis as well since that is how I run solo classes. I wish fees could automatically charge accounts instead of manually going in and charging accounts.

Holly
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Could not run my studio without Jackrabbit

Kommentare: Excellent software program and super customer service support!

This software was the first I tried when I opened my studio, right off the bat I saw the value of having a pretty gram that allowed for online registration, collecting fees, communicating with family/staff, selling/inventorying merchandise, managing classes, and so much more!!

I would like to see a way to track inventory of items with multiple sizes under one style number, ie, tights, shoes, leotards vs making an item for each size (Square has the option to add and track multiple sizes under one style number)

Keira
Office Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

Kommentare: After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit.
I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen.
ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly.
Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Sahaja
Founder in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.

Kommentare: Jackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.

JR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.

Here's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget it". However the batch process is a simple 2 step process. (Also true of all the other top studio software) 3. Currently, there is no customer app. I am mainly interested in this for the push notification feature. This would be great for promotions and deadline reminders. However, to be fair, they do have a great customer portal which is mobile optimized so customers can access their account anytime on all their devices. (Again, non of the top software have this feature) 4. The LEADS file is limited. Currently, it's mainly a place to park your leads and inactive clients with an email feature. I'd like to see more CRM capabilities like automated drip emails etc. That being said, I have taken the time to research most of the top software and I still find JR to be the most functional and up to date. I feel this is due to the fact that they are always listening to the studio owners and updating the service to meet our needs. Keep up the GREAT WORK Jackrabbit. Love your service!!!!!

Katelyn
Accounts Manager in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Kommentare: Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Stephanie
studio owner in USA
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DC Dance Factory review

Kommentare: Overall it's good . Somewhat confusing but just needs to be able to do some of the things above to be more functional for our dance studio.

I like that it allows us to bill credit cards. I like that it keeps up with income over the years and shows the comparison. I like that I can email/text classes.

I hate that it won't let me charge a convenience fee for those using credit cards. I hate that it doesn't allow me to give certain families a discount code. Like if we run some sort of special and I want to give them a discount code to get 1/2 off registration fee sort of thing. I hate that it doesn't give me the option of having returning students have a diff reg fee than a new student. I would have to manually change all of that. I hate that it doesn't predict what your monthly income is based on tuition amounts. Our dance works software always gave an estimate of what your monthly income was at before billing. I hate that I can't separate competition dancers from recital dancers. Meaning it would be nice to have two separate companies within one almost as if I had two locations because my company dancers have diff registration fees than my other dancers etc and it all has to be manually entered.

Brent
Analyst in USA

Very satisfied so far!

Kommentare: We're satisfied, just really hoping we'll have an "open rate"or a notice that simply shows if an email has been opened... which we know is not always 100% accurate, but Studio Director has recently upped their game in matching Jackrabbit in a few more features, and they still have the emailed "opened" notice feature, which their sales rep keeps harping on as a reason for us to switch back. Really hoping Jackrabbit makes this happen soon, its been discussed in the section of owners bringing up new features they'd like to see.

The ease of handling all online transactions and auto-pay system is honestly great!

Knowing was emails have been opened by our dance customers. We asked about this feature when we were looking into switching from Studio Director... which DOES have this feature.... and we honestly NEED IT! And we were told that Jackrabbit was working on adding the feature but have since been told it may not happen?

Bailey
Director of Marketing in USA

Long-time User

Kommentare: Jackrabbit was really great initially when we switched over from Danceworks, way back when. It's still pretty good, but really struggling with the fact that
1. you can't organize and enroll based on grade, rather than age.
2. the find classes filter screen update from earlier this year is HORRIBLE. Don't even use it at all now.
3. you can't deactivate a student from a family and have to pay for old people that won't come back because they've aged out but happen to have a sibling (or whatever the case is).
4. skills and feedback are not really set up in a usable way for a dance studio. Shame to not be able to utilize.

Love the online enrollment capabilities.

Sorting and organizing into web registration. Filters aren't helpful anymore. Go back to the old way please.

Ashleigh
Studio Manager in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit is overall really great

Kommentare: Paying online is a big one and also being able to send out text and emails to a specific class or the whole studio is great. I love that support is always there to help and never makes me feel stupid, I love the individualized videos they can send to help you with your questions. Another reason we do not use the attendance we because of the way you can only see certain things. I would love an app that is the same as what I see online instead of having to use safari.

I love that parents can register and make payments online and it is easy. I love that we can schedule to send emails out at a later date (sometimes I wish it would schedule further than 90 days.) It is easy to use, when I have to train someone new it is easy to teach them. The team of support is great and always so helpful.

I wish you could set text for future like you can emails. I wish the email for future could be longer than 90 days. To be able to have more than one billing contact (we have a lot of split families and both would like to get the statements and still have their separate contact information and not both emails under one name)

Barbara
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

A gym owner' s greatest asset

Kommentare: I am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru QuickBooks. It was extremely time consuming to transfer information, payments and to invoice via mail.
I researched both I class pro and jackrabbit extensively. I found that Iclass pro purchased the company that created the software I had been using. For our company Jackrabbit was the best fit.
I was a little apprehensive about getting started but working with the support staff made the transition much easier. I attended a class after about 6 months of using it and that helped me to utilize even more of the facets of this great software. I got ideas from other users that I could take back and use.
When we first announced that our clientele could pay on line the response was mixed. I knew it would be easier for me but had hoped this would be a valuable tool for families as well. We are starting in our third year and most cheer families are totally invested while 50 % of the gymnastics side still pay by check or cash. We do not force them to the online pay as we want them to be comfortable about the process. We are located in a rural area and there are several families that do not have internet.
A few of my favorite features are on line statement and email capability. We have 3 separate components to our gym so it makes it easy to contact one without contacting the others.
I do not invoice a family unless they are late. With Jackrabbit I have had to send very few invoices as our outstanding accounts receivables have gone way down. Our cheer side ( they have 2 accounts each) was generally my problem group. Since we've gone to online pay capability our receivables have become very manageable. 98% of my cheer families pay on line which helps tremendously.
We have just finished our cheer season and out of 68 cheerleaders only one family has an outstanding balance. Best cheer season in the 20 years.
If you are looking for a product to make life easier and your business more productive and manageable this product is it.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

Tara
Studio owner in Neuseeland

Jackrabbit Dance

Kommentare: Jackrabbit is part of my daily life now and I love it! It has made a massive difference to the organisagtion of my dance school! Enrolling new families, invoicing, emailing , it is all so much easier with Jackrabbit! Thankyou!

The ease of enrolling, invoicing and emailing, along with student and family information, I use these features all the time!

I have had trouble with the payment system over the years. I believe this lies with the banks itself, there are certain banks that the payment always comes back as rejected. This part has been super frustrating for me. Also the way you enter the bank details on the registration form is quite different to what we are used to in NZ so there is always a lot of explanation or help needed for new families to be set up correctly. I also have had complaints about the money taking so long long to come out. This can cause a few problems for some families leading to rejected reports.

Megan
Director in USA
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit is the perfect management software!

Jackrabbit has ALL of the features you need to understand your business. If you own a business, you don't want a platform that "makes it easy and simple." You need a platform that gives you all the tools you need to make informed business decisions; Jackrabbit does just that. Take the time to learn how to navigate Jackrabbit and understand it's features. Your business will thank you.

Some dance studio owners complain that it's too complicated. They want an interface that is simpler to understand. However, if you're running a (successful) business, you need ALL of the tools and reporting features Jackrabbit provides.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Megan! Thank you for this awesome review! We are so thankful you choose to run your business with Jackrabbit.