Über Jackrabbit Dance

Online-Tanzschulsoftware, die von über 12.000 Studios und Schulen verwendet wird, und die Art und Weise verändert, wie du dein Tanzstudio führst. Erfahre mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Jackrabbit Dance

You can access money, registers, classes all in one place. The customer support is also great and they’re very attentive.

Also, not automatically charging a registration fee to dancers who are enrolling in new classes is not ideal and causes me to loose money yearly.

Bewertungen zu Jackrabbit Dance

Jackrabbit Dance hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 564 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Jackrabbit Dance bereits verwendet?

Melanie
Melanie
School Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been positive. Jackrabbit is expensive, but they seem to offer the most features for a complex dance school. One way or another we can find what we need through Jackrabbit

What I like most about this software is the customer service. This is a robust and complex system that has evolved spectacularly over the 10+ years that I have used it. There are many features that can be confusing at first. But the customer service team is always ready to help and in a way that makes it easy to understand and replicate on my own later.

One thing that is missing is a retail feature for online sales. They have implemented a retail feature that can be done in person. But I would love to be able to sell our uniforms on our website through Jackrabbit. I would also love to see the email/communications features made more robust. It would be nice to know who is opening our emails and who is not.

Debbie
owner/director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best software for customer support

Kommentare: I am so happy that I acquired the Jackrabbit software for my dance studio. Enrollment, taking payments, tracking staff payroll, attendance and so many other features, have saved me valuable time. My office staff can now handle things much more confidently without me which means I can put my attention to my students. My studio is more profitable, my records more accurate and very importantly, I can access this information from any computer or my phone!

Changing software is always difficult and usually intimidating. The most important feature is good customer support! From the very beginning, the support team has made me feel at ease and confident. When I have a question, there are several ways to get an answer in Jackrabbit. I appreciate being able to get help in depth and sometimes very quickly. This also gives me confidence to keep applying more of the features to my business.

The discounts that I offer seem to pose a problem for JR. I have had differing opinions from support members as to how to handle this. I still have to put more manual hours in posting tuition than I would like. I also wish that the Costume Management feature was a bit more friendly. The absolute worst thing about JR is that their "per student fee" includes students from a family that are no longer current students. I wish they would let me put all past students in a lead file and not just the whole family.

Kimberly
Owner/ Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better than Iclasspro and dance studio pro

Kommentare: It’s better than some but we are looking at making our own software to match jackrabbit but cater to our needa

It was easy to set up and at the time the best option out there

Hard to use l, not user friendly, reports suck, too many bugs

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry we didn't meet your needs but appreciate you trying us out. We do make bi-weekly software updates and work to address concerns. We recently did a big update on our reporting and now offer a Business Intelligence Dashboard.

Rebecca
Studio Manager in Kanada

Jackrabbit is an effective software for Dance Studios

Kommentare: Customer service is top notch and second to none. I am never afraid to ask for help. Feel that at time suggestions for software updates get pushed back despite many clients asking for these changes. Overall, highly recommend the software for businesses like ours. The pros far outlays the cons.

Online registration and Parent Portal services revolutionized our business. Cut down on administrative paperwork by hundreds of hours a year.

Need a better system for drop-in class passes, quicker set up for booking private lessons in the same time slot every week but with different people, would prefer an easier method of differentiating between monthly charges and one time payment classes so that administratively we could batch fees quicker every month. Better organization of email templates. Ability for teachers to place notes on accounts that are unseen by parents while in the Staff portal.

Rachel
Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lisa's Dance Connection

Kommentare: I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.) We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

Debbi
Manager in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wish we had transferred sooner.

Kommentare: Tuition processing
Mass emails
Parent Portal ease.

Our dance studio had been using a software that didn't utilize any modern for some time now...basically we were using a dinasour program for studio management. We transferred to the Jackrabbit system during quarentine and it has been amazing. With great customer support and many resources my questions about the system are quickly answered. So far any problem that we come accross we are able to find the answer to with much ease. The program allows our staff to communicate easier and become involved more with the developement of each of our students. My families are so pleased with the upgrade as well. Our favorite part about the software is tuition processing. It is easy and can be done in minimal time. Everything is integrated! We only wish we had tranferred sooner.

Because of how many aspescts Jackrabbit uses and covers for your studio, there is a lot that goes into the set up of the system in order to meet the exact needs of your studio. However, after the set up process and allowing yourself to get to know the ins and outs it is easy.

Kate
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

Kommentare: We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

Wendi
Studio Owner in USA

The Cadillac of Webware for Dance Studios

Kommentare: My experience with JR over the past 9 years has been incredible. Their support has improved over the years and if I want a call, they call. If I need immediate assistance, they get to me. And everyone on the team is so well informed.

I love that everything is connected to everything in this webware. I love the search options, the report options, the constant updates, and how easily I can work it from my phone anywhere!

I'd love a timeline on the features they are currently updating, but really, no other program does what JR does. So I can't complain!

Becky
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Spend more time building your business, less time billing it.

Kommentare: I think Jackrabbit solves my auto-billing issues, allows my customers to pay online at their leisure, and makes my collection process much smoother.

I like how simple the program is. It is customizable for my use but also takes the guesswork out of daily tasks. The customer service is spot-on and always willing to help.

I really wish there was an online store option where my customers could purchase basic things like tickets or studio apparel on the app. It would make life much easier.

Holly
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Must have this program for your recreational program!

Kommentare: Love this program, can’t live without it!

Recital feature, ability to send class schedules to families

The inability to enter “items” into the store that allows for multiple sizes under one product number. I have several sizes of tights, currently I have to enter each one separately which is time consuming considering that I have a store full of different sizes and styles. Square allows for me to enter one item number and has subcategories for sizes that allow for tracking of items.

Jana
Owner in Kanada

jack rabbit review

Kommentare: consistent. They provide opportunity for feedback and conversation. Offer live or in-person set-up and software training so businesses can operate independently

Multiple features and ability to handle a large amount of clientele information securely

Analytic features were lacking from the previous software used - Where clients are from to create more targeted marketing. Not being able to see easily who is missing each evening without running daily reports. Some features I do to use fully due to the report or printing layout

Keira
Office Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

Kommentare: After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit.
I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen.
ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly.
Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Rebecca
Ops Dr in UK
Darstellende Künste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

JR Customer Service is top-notch, if only their programmers could keep up

JR Customer Service and training representatives are soooo helpful. The chat function within the database is crucial to getting answers, strategies RIGHT away. When the chat function is open, you are never waiting more than 90 seconds for a rep. If the rep needs to work on a solution they will always provide you with a response within 24hrs. It's incredible service compared to other software.

Let me get out my programming wishlist... 1. customize the staff portal attendance options, need more than just 'late', 'left-early', 'observed' and why only when they are absent, why isn't there options or even a notes field when they are in attendance? 2. closed dates vs. cancelled classes, there is no way to reflect a single cancelled class without marking the whole class as absent, that messes up the attendance reporting calculation, c'mon now, this one has been asked for for years in the idea portal! 3. google calender, apple calendar, etc. integration - this seems like a no brainer 4. there are no customized or ANY form fields in emails or text messages - why not? again a no brainer 5. private lesson module - it doesn't exists 6. needs to have integration with other cloudbase software, email marketing as an example

Autumn
Dance Studio Owner / Teacher / Artistic Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, Selbstständig

Very satisfied with Jackrabbit!

Kommentare: I'm very satisfied with Jackrabbit itself and with its helpful team! I would recommend it to others!

Online registration, online payments and invoicing, the POS system, the extensive reports available to run, and the revenue chart comparisons. I have to say these are my favorite features. They made running my studio so easy. I was able to see at a glance everything that was happening internally, from the financial aspect to how my classes were being filled and who was behind or ahead on tuition.

Perhaps this is just me, but I feel the layout of Jackrabbit's many different features could be improved somewhat. The font (a little on the small size) and drop-downs- especially when there are many drop downs and options to choose from, such as when customizing a report- can be confusing and cause a bit of a headache. I think that some slight design changes to their appearance will be a little easier on the eyes. I understand Jackrabbit is very functional in appearance, which is fine, no need for a whole aesthetic overhaul, but sometimes the layout is a little confusing.I also found that most of my dance parents (and me too for the first year of using Jackrabbit) got confused by their statements. Perhaps a change in the statement format to more clearly differentiate what was and paid, what they owe.

Katelyn
Accounts Manager in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Kommentare: Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Stephanie
studio owner in USA
Informationsdienst, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DC Dance Factory review

Kommentare: Overall it's good . Somewhat confusing but just needs to be able to do some of the things above to be more functional for our dance studio.

I like that it allows us to bill credit cards. I like that it keeps up with income over the years and shows the comparison. I like that I can email/text classes.

I hate that it won't let me charge a convenience fee for those using credit cards. I hate that it doesn't allow me to give certain families a discount code. Like if we run some sort of special and I want to give them a discount code to get 1/2 off registration fee sort of thing. I hate that it doesn't give me the option of having returning students have a diff reg fee than a new student. I would have to manually change all of that. I hate that it doesn't predict what your monthly income is based on tuition amounts. Our dance works software always gave an estimate of what your monthly income was at before billing. I hate that I can't separate competition dancers from recital dancers. Meaning it would be nice to have two separate companies within one almost as if I had two locations because my company dancers have diff registration fees than my other dancers etc and it all has to be manually entered.

Bailey
Director of Marketing in USA

Long-time User

Kommentare: Jackrabbit was really great initially when we switched over from Danceworks, way back when. It's still pretty good, but really struggling with the fact that
1. you can't organize and enroll based on grade, rather than age.
2. the find classes filter screen update from earlier this year is HORRIBLE. Don't even use it at all now.
3. you can't deactivate a student from a family and have to pay for old people that won't come back because they've aged out but happen to have a sibling (or whatever the case is).
4. skills and feedback are not really set up in a usable way for a dance studio. Shame to not be able to utilize.

Love the online enrollment capabilities.

Sorting and organizing into web registration. Filters aren't helpful anymore. Go back to the old way please.

Belisa
Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Kommentare: I have used other systems and this one is better than the others.

They system is easy to use and helps keep the business organized.

My least favorite thing is when a class is added at a different time, it doesn’t always calculate the tuition properly. There is also a glitch when trying to post tuition to a particular family, it won’t let you select the family even though it’s a choice.

Jessica
Studio Director in Kanada

Ajax Dance Company’s experience

Kommentare: So far so good.

We love the parent portal. It makes it so easy for parents to check their fees and transactions. We love that we can email blast everyone at once and create lead files for students who haven’t returned or want to be kept for future. We love that it’s accessible no matter where you are because it’s an online platform.

I wish you could archive students rather than families. We have plenty of students who don’t dance with us anymore but their sibling does, we don’t want to delete them as we don’t want to have to re-enter them if they choose to return but also don’t want to keep paying for them to be a student in the system. Which leads me to my biggest con of all- we don’t love that the price of jackrabbit is based on the amount of students you have. Other softwares are a flat rate monthly and are cheaper. Every summer I debate switching. Would also love to be able to create different groups of people to send emails to (competitive, recreational)

Mary
Office Manager in USA

Most Helpful Classroom Management Software

Kommentare: Although some parts of the website seem a little outdated, the jackrabbit staff listens very closely to their clients and provide some awesome features that have been asked for by the community.

Jackrabbit has a ton of features and a dedicated staff that's always trying to make improvements.

I REALLY wish there was a way to automate more emails. For example, birthday emails. It would help so much if jackrabbit could automatically input a dancer or parents name from short text such as '%parent' or '!parent'.

Kelly
Office manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

JackRabbit for the win!

Kommentare: Overall, JR provides great software that has really allowed us to streamline things at our studio. I have been to an in person training (Stellar), watched videos & used the help desk many times and can not say enough about how amazing their customer service is!

I love how easy JR is to learn & use. I love what it adds to our studio & streamlines for our dance families. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH! Always super helpful, even if I’m chatting with them about something I chatted with them multiple times! Very responsive. Not to mention the amount of help information/videos available online.

I need to revisit the costume functions. When I tried to use them several years ago I ended up frustrated & just stopped using them. There are a few payment options that we use, and to my knowledge, JR is unable to recognize them. So while I can post monthly, I do have to manually change amounts for our families that pay quarterly.

Lorna
President in USA

The Ease Of Jackrabbit Dance

Kommentare: Jackrabbit has given me the power to spend my time doing other things. It’s so easy to use and I love it!

I love how easy it is to find information in Jackrabbit! We run lots of reports on what classes are filled, what isn’t making, etc. and it is always easy to filter and not be overwhelmed by the information we don’t need.

The parent portal and app is a pain. Parents who want to enroll in several things have to do them all individually, the app creator isn’t always responsive or easy to work with, the app it’s self is slow a lot of the times, and it can be hard to get to where you want to go. Love the idea of it, but I get lots of complaints on the parents end about it.

Liz
Accounts Manger in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Software That Grows with Us!

Kommentare: As we've added new staff there has been a bit of learning curve but we are starting to feel like we are really using the software the best we can. The latest releases have really been great. We are loving the staff portal and look forward to more additions like it.

Keeps track of all the information we need for each family. Let us move inactive students to lead file. Online attendance and staff communication. Easy ways to accept payments.

Not enough flexibility in reporting. Grades don't upgrade automatically. Limited room for note taking and the notes are "hidden" in tabs that are not seen at first. Not enough flexibility with levels/skills. Having to use Dropbox for attachments.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi, thank you for your review. To address your concerns with Jackrabbit, we are happy to share that our grade level upgrade has been enhanced. Our skills are also being added to the Staff Portal and will be released very soon. We'd love to talk to you more about the flexibility you'd like to see in reporting. Thanks for the feedback and the business!

Karen
Director in USA

Jackrabbit review

Kommentare: Mass emails, autopay, revenue reports are great to have

Put everyone online and the autopay. Also i can access on my phone, tablet, anywhere.

Setting up emails, copy and paste…the font and spacing changes. Also I still don’t feel like the tables on my website look great and I’ve called every year for help.

Joy
Dance Studio Owner in USA

Best Software System For My Business

Kommentare: Overall I love my experience because when there was a problem someone is always there to help, and as someone who does well with someone actually showing me in the moment it's been great. They're patient and there isn't anything that their software doesn't do for my studio's needs.

I love how they are always trying to find ways to make it easier for you to understand and use. Setting up my classes was easy, and even applying the necessary discounts and registration fees helped me out a lot.

Figuring out how to link the events that I set-up via the software to my website was a little tricky, and sometimes the software had problems with separating families with the same last name, but once I called for live help everything was resolved.