Jackrabbit Dance Erfahrungen

Über Jackrabbit Dance

Online-Tanzschulsoftware, die von über 12.000 Studios und Schulen verwendet wird, und die Art und Weise verändert, wie du dein Tanzstudio führst. Erfahre mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Jackrabbit Dance

You can access money, registers, classes all in one place. The customer support is also great and they’re very attentive.

Also, not automatically charging a registration fee to dancers who are enrolling in new classes is not ideal and causes me to loose money yearly.

Bewertungen zu Jackrabbit Dance

Jackrabbit Dance hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 431 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Jackrabbit Dance bereits verwendet?

Melanie
Melanie
School Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been positive. Jackrabbit is expensive, but they seem to offer the most features for a complex dance school. One way or another we can find what we need through Jackrabbit

What I like most about this software is the customer service. This is a robust and complex system that has evolved spectacularly over the 10+ years that I have used it. There are many features that can be confusing at first. But the customer service team is always ready to help and in a way that makes it easy to understand and replicate on my own later.

One thing that is missing is a retail feature for online sales. They have implemented a retail feature that can be done in person. But I would love to be able to sell our uniforms on our website through Jackrabbit. I would also love to see the email/communications features made more robust. It would be nice to know who is opening our emails and who is not.

Rebecca
Administrative Director in Kanada
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Management System for Dance Studios

Kommentare: In a nutshell, we are very satisfied with Jackrabbit and will continue to recommend it to others.

The ease of allowing our business to move to online registration and class management's revolutionized our business. The ability to give families a Parent Portal system to register for classes, update policies, check attendance and purchases has been integral on reducing number of calls to the business freeing up time for other matters.

The Concert/Recital portal is very rudimentary and needs to me modernized. It does not make this process easier for planning. It also needs to figure out how to calculate and track class-pass scenarios.

Kimberly
Owner/ Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Better than Iclasspro and dance studio pro

Kommentare: It’s better than some but we are looking at making our own software to match jackrabbit but cater to our needa

It was easy to set up and at the time the best option out there

Hard to use l, not user friendly, reports suck, too many bugs

letzten Monat

Hi Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry we didn't meet your needs but appreciate you trying us out. We do make bi-weekly software updates and will be addressing your user concerns.

Reagan
Dance instructor in USA

Jackrabbit User

Kommentare: Overall, Jackrabbit is a great software for studio management but is still missing some key features.

Jackrabbit makes managing a dance studio a much less daunting task. Classes and students are easily organized and kept track of and I love the parent portal that allows them to manage their accounts.

Right now, we are setting up our recital order and I wish that there was a way to auto-generate show orders along with the conflict feature. It would be super helpful if the software gave solutions along with the conflicts. We are also waiting on some sort of private lesson feature. Right now we have to use an outside software to schedule our private lessons which is inconvenient.

Rachel
Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lisa's Dance Connection

Kommentare: I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.) We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

Kathy
Owner/Director in Kanada

Love the customer service

Kommentare: It’s the people that drive this product. Employees are amazing and they are always looking to create new features to enhance the product.

The support is phenomenal! Their response time is amazing.

Some tasks have a learning curve and this can slow down productivity until you figure it out.

Leslie
Studio owner in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit has been a lifesaver

One centralized location to manage most aspects of the business, whether at the office or at home. This product makes owning and managing a dance studio much easier. It is also a great service for our patrons.

There are a lot of possibilities and you have to be careful to check everything. It can sometimes be a bit persnickety and for people who are not computer savvy, it is not always intuitive.

Graille
Office Administrator in USA
Unterhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit Dance Review

Kommentare: I prefer this software over others. Easy to learn, easy to use; staff and parents happy with both sides of system.

All of the reports help with making our business run smoother. Client management is streamlined. Parent Portal is easily accessible.

I don't have anything that I like the least. It would be nice to mass archive and mass enroll students. Costume section needs improvement in order to actually place orders (if that's what the goal is).

Andrea
Education Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Customer Service and Ease of Use!

Kommentare: Fantastic! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was especially wonderful during our roll out!

Jackrabbit has a fantastic team that were great holding our hands as we implemented Jackrabbit from scratch! Yes, we used spreadsheets and docs to manage our dance studio prior to this roll-out! The folks at Jackrabbit have been available for any question to ensure our success along the way! Our families love the ease of us, being able to easily enroll in classes, and overall user-friendliness of the software.

We have had a lot of feedback from parents wishing that they could have a calendar with classes listed by day/hour where they could click the class to see the description and then easily enroll if interested. Some are only available on certain days and this would be far easier to see than the current "list" feature currently offered.

Stephanie
Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great app!

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

I enjoy being able to see classes and pay for them within the app.

The app often would glitch or shut down when I was in it.

Debbie
owner in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Get your office Organized!

Kommentare: First and foremost, any software MUST have excellent tech support or you will not use it or get the full benefit from it. Jackrabbit has the best tech support I have ever seen. From the initial demo representative to email and phone support later. All the techs have been easy to follow, extremely patient and very helpful.
I have heard a few say that Jackrabbit is "complicated". Well, yes it is, because it gives you options and details to run your office the way you want to. The good news is that you can learn it slowly, implement a few things at a time and add more complex details later.
I was so intimidated to try a new software program. I am an older studio owner and maybe not as tech savvy as younger owners. My initial representative put me at ease right away. She promised that she would help me understand everything that I needed and make sure I could do it by myself. She did and I couldn't be happier! I should have made this switch years ago.

It has pulled all the information and services that I need into one place. This makes for easy accessibility from any computer. I can work from my laptop on accounts, posting, payroll, emails, reports, contacts, whether I am at work, at home or on vacation!

The costume management has been the hardest for me so far. I think there is a lot of room for improvement here. Handling multiple costumes per class is very confusing. You can enter them, but when you look at the page, it is difficult to understand. We had to just put these classes on paper instead of in the soft ware.

Rebecca
Ops Dr in UK
Darstellende Künste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

JR Customer Service is top-notch, if only their programmers could keep up

JR Customer Service and training representatives are soooo helpful. The chat function within the database is crucial to getting answers, strategies RIGHT away. When the chat function is open, you are never waiting more than 90 seconds for a rep. If the rep needs to work on a solution they will always provide you with a response within 24hrs. It's incredible service compared to other software.

Let me get out my programming wishlist... 1. customize the staff portal attendance options, need more than just 'late', 'left-early', 'observed' and why only when they are absent, why isn't there options or even a notes field when they are in attendance? 2. closed dates vs. cancelled classes, there is no way to reflect a single cancelled class without marking the whole class as absent, that messes up the attendance reporting calculation, c'mon now, this one has been asked for for years in the idea portal! 3. google calender, apple calendar, etc. integration - this seems like a no brainer 4. there are no customized or ANY form fields in emails or text messages - why not? again a no brainer 5. private lesson module - it doesn't exists 6. needs to have integration with other cloudbase software, email marketing as an example

Debbi
Manager in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Wish we had transferred sooner.

Kommentare: Tuition processing
Mass emails
Parent Portal ease.

Our dance studio had been using a software that didn't utilize any modern for some time now...basically we were using a dinasour program for studio management. We transferred to the Jackrabbit system during quarentine and it has been amazing. With great customer support and many resources my questions about the system are quickly answered. So far any problem that we come accross we are able to find the answer to with much ease. The program allows our staff to communicate easier and become involved more with the developement of each of our students. My families are so pleased with the upgrade as well. Our favorite part about the software is tuition processing. It is easy and can be done in minimal time. Everything is integrated! We only wish we had tranferred sooner.

Because of how many aspescts Jackrabbit uses and covers for your studio, there is a lot that goes into the set up of the system in order to meet the exact needs of your studio. However, after the set up process and allowing yourself to get to know the ins and outs it is easy.

Kate
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

Kommentare: We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

Holly
Business Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Decision We Could Have Made!

Kommentare: We made the switch to Jackrabbit in May of 2020. I use this product both from the office/business side
and the parent side and I am thoroughly enjoying working with both sides!
From the business side, it was very easy to set up and Jackrabbit walked me through and always answered my questions. Their customer service team is top notch! The software functionality is amazing! From the parent side, it’s very user friendly! We just had our rec level registration yesterday and it could not have been any easier for the parents! In fact, one emailed me to say “I just wanted to let you know this is the fourth studio we’ve been to and your sign up process was by far the best!!” That alone speaks volumes! I also love how parents can store up to 3 cards on file for payment. This software is far LESS than what we were paying before and it is light years ahead!

We are a larger studio and Jackrabbit helps save me time In many ways! One example, When parents have a failed payment, they receive an email automatically letting them know. I have noticed great success with parents logging in to update expired cards AND make payment without me calling them! I can also view A/R at a quick glance from my dashboard, and click to see who has balances, AND email them in mass. Time saver! If I post a fee with an incorrect amount I can easily edit the transaction instead of deleting it and starting over. I can apply credits to transactions in mass which saves me at least an hour/month! During registration, there is a dashboard that shows me everything coming in so I can easily keep tabs on the process, review registrations, etc. The Parent Portal is mobile friendly so parents can easily do things on the go! It’s very easy to navigate! Taking attendance appears to be quick and painless in the Staff Portal, though we have not gotten to use that yet as classes have not started. We also utilize the time card feature which got us away from paper. We utilize the store for front desk purchases and that has been saving incredible time and paper as well. Customer service team could NOT be any better! There is also an extensive help section where I can locate answers.

They are continually making improvements! One thing I would like to see is tuition payments processing automatically. (It is coming soon.) That is the single item our old system had over Jackrabbit. But there are so many other advantages to Jackrabbit and it’s very fast to process payments so not a huge deal. Their are so many reports it’s been a learning curve to figure out my favorites. On the flip side - there is literally a report for anything!

Jeanne
Artistic and Executive Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best as far as customization goes

Kommentare: We like it, but it is a bit frustrating at times. It is definitely confusing, as well...and this comes from very tech-savvy people.

I really love that Jackrabbit has so many features and so many ways to customize it. It is replacing numerous different things we used to customize and create for ourselves — attendance sheets on Google Sheets, rolls and databases on Filemaker Pro, having to manually text parents through Google Voice, emailing registered families through Gmail add-ons or Mailchimp, and registering students through a mix of Woocommerce and Eventzilla. We felt that the charge was worth it.

I do believe that functionality sort of takes precedence with this company over ease of use. So, it is very difficult sometimes to customize things exactly the way you want it. There is also NO way — in our opinion — to effectively do drop-ins, like there is with Mind-Body. Private lessons will also require us to use a 3rd party solution. I wish there as a native app, free for all of us, not additional charge. I also wish there was a way to integrate video lessons or pay-to-take-online lessons (like drop-ins, online). I think that the way you integrate this into your website is also very convoluted, and could be improved.

Wendi
Studio Owner in USA

The Cadillac of Webware for Dance Studios

Kommentare: My experience with JR over the past 9 years has been incredible. Their support has improved over the years and if I want a call, they call. If I need immediate assistance, they get to me. And everyone on the team is so well informed.

I love that everything is connected to everything in this webware. I love the search options, the report options, the constant updates, and how easily I can work it from my phone anywhere!

I'd love a timeline on the features they are currently updating, but really, no other program does what JR does. So I can't complain!

Sahaja
Founder in USA
, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.

Kommentare: Jackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.

JR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.

Here's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget it". However the batch process is a simple 2 step process. (Also true of all the other top studio software) 3. Currently, there is no customer app. I am mainly interested in this for the push notification feature. This would be great for promotions and deadline reminders. However, to be fair, they do have a great customer portal which is mobile optimized so customers can access their account anytime on all their devices. (Again, non of the top software have this feature) 4. The LEADS file is limited. Currently, it's mainly a place to park your leads and inactive clients with an email feature. I'd like to see more CRM capabilities like automated drip emails etc. That being said, I have taken the time to research most of the top software and I still find JR to be the most functional and up to date. I feel this is due to the fact that they are always listening to the studio owners and updating the service to meet our needs. Keep up the GREAT WORK Jackrabbit. Love your service!!!!!

Keri
Office Manager in Kanada
, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

We love Jackrabbit!

Kommentare: We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season.
In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows.
For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

Keira
Office Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

Kommentare: After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit.
I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen.
ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly.
Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Alana
Owner/Founder in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ok for the price, but missing critical elements for our industry

Customer service is good. Usually available and most of the reps are patient and committed to helping. Cost effective if you only need to use a few features. Geared towards youth classes.

No way to easily manage drop in classes which means I have to pay for a second software program. When you add both of those, it's only a small difference between this system and a more robust one. Also, the software can be glitchy at times and unforgivable at others. Mistakes aren't easily fixable. Need more flexibility or customization.

Jennifer
Director (company) in USA
Bildende Kunst, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Jackrabbit is a great software

Kommentare: Overall I love Jackrabbit. I love that they reduced their price yet increased their services when the Pandemic started. It’s a great software.

Easy to learn with videos and access to support.

That ideas are only implemented if we get enough votes. I have been waiting for years for them to not allow kids to double book themselves in a overlapping classes for example, and should be an easy fix. I also wish they improved their recital management that would a hard to use.

Brianne
Owner/Director in USA

A True Asset for Management

Kommentare: Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

Katelyn
Accounts Manager in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Kommentare: Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Antwort von Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Kim

Great System for class management

Kommentare: Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.