Über Maptitude

Intelligente Mapping-Lösung für Unternehmen, Behörden und Bildungseinrichtungen; Desktop-Mapping und räumliche Analyse.

Erfahre mehr über Maptitude

I've been using Maptitude for more than 13 years and bar TransCad (Caliper Corporations Public Transit Modelling Solution), there is no other GIS software that delivers like this.

The scaling and naming of streets sometimes makes it difficult to visually find streets. The search engine also does not deal well with misspellings.

Bewertungen zu Maptitude

4,9

Maptitude hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 71 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Maptitude bereits verwendet?

Manfred
Manfred
CEO - Geschäftsführer in Deutschland
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Software + Service + Support sind hervorragend

Maptitude ist eine sehr gute Lösung für Kunden, die bislang Microsoft MapPoint im Einsatz hatten. Bei auftretenden Fragen oder Problemen hilft Caliper schnell und kompetent. Die HERE Datenbasis ist das non plus ultra.

Eine intensive Einarbeitung ist notwendig, um alle Features optimal anwenden zu können. Es gibt bislang keine deutsche Sprachversion.

Sheldon Neil
Sheldon Neil
Planning & Scheduling Specialist in Australien
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude's ability to use my data for analysis and visualisation it is phenomenal.

Kommentare: I use Maptitude to conduct drive time analysis and calculate the optimal sequence of serving key locations. This has helped to reduce my dead kilometre cost but also has the added benefit of being able to provide drivers with instructions in the form of left and rights and maps.
I use it to extract and analyse demographics for an area I will be serving to understand the makeup of my customers. I create selection sets to apply my analysis on only the set of data I'm interested at that moment.
I create heatmaps that shows public transit safety aspects such as accident hot spots, driver abuse from customers etc.
One of the interesting case studies I did not long ago was to map all the bus stops we serve and also all public toilets that are within walking distance to the bus stops. This helped my drivers to know where they can have a biological break if they need to during their journey.

Whenever I need to analyse my data and represent it visually I always go to Maptitude. The software is a GIS that can import, covert and export Google Earth, OpenStreetMap, Esri Shape, MapInfo, GPS, AutoCAD, Excel, Text etc. I've been using Maptitude for more than 13 years and bar TransCad (Caliper Corporations Public Transit Modelling Solution), there is no other GIS software that delivers like this!

I've compared Maptitude to many other solutions and can honestly say there is no major dislike that I have. If I'm really critical I'd say probably that the Caliper brand name appears on the bottom of the maps I produce (very small), and I'd like to keep secret how I am able to do what I do.

Antwort von Caliper

Thank you for the feedback on Maptitude mapping software!

Bob
Baumaterial, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Most Powerful Mapping Tool in Our Arsenal

Kommentare: We have been using Maptitude to show retailers, dealers, and manufacturers their Total Available Markets based on our product forecasts. Once we load our forecasts, dealer locations, housing starts and other demographics, we are able to show where potential new business can be won. Maptitude has allowed us to better display our insights beyond the usual charts and tables.

Maptitude provides great details of geographies along with demographics and economic variables at all the hierarchies we need. It is the best mapping tool we have and is so much better than some of the big data software packages we have used. We use maps from Maptitude for our reporting and analytics and clients are excited about how much detail we can give them.

It takes a little bit to understand but once you get it the tasks become easier. Our team wishes we could incorporate maps into other online data systems like Big Query or Tableau.

Bruno
Field Service Engineering Manager in Belgien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude visualize you company.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I'm very satisfied of the tool but also about the support that they give when we have a question or need help. They offer a great service.

easy to use and the way you can export data.

Nothing that I can think of since I think it is a great help for us.

Patrick
Consultant in Kanada
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review of maptitude

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

The facility location, routing optimization and geographic data

Possibility to route multiple routes at the same time with for example annual customer data

Josh
CRA and Mapping Consulting in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product and customer support

Its extremely user friendly and the maps are easily customized to display the information our clients are most interested in. Their customer service is second to no one and they've always worked to resolve any minor issues I've ever had.

There are some limitations with the online version but the updates they've made have made a big improvement and its only getting better

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for the review, and for using our mapping applications! We are continuing to make big improvements to Maptitude Online. Stay tuned!

Taunya
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude for Planners

Kommentare: Analysis of demographics, locations, paratransit trip history, etc., to help local governments, committees, and agencies plan and change fixed route patterns, expansion, timing, etc.

I have been a planning consultant for over 20 years. I highly recommend Maptitude. The learning curve is short - it is the most intuitive but powerful mapping applications I have ever used. Others are fine, they cannot beat the ease of use and functionality of Maptitude. It is easy to create map layers and final presentation maps from scratch with it. And Maptitude comes with map layer data of its own, which is the best I have seen. In addition can import a variety of file types, which is extremely valuable when you are working with local governments using a variety of map formats. This means you can readily combine data from many sources in one map in Maptitude. You will really like working with it.

I cannot think of a thing I didn't like about it.

Antwort von Caliper

Thank you for the feedback on the #Maptitude mapping software GIS application!

Tracy
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best bang for buck in GIS is Maptitude

Kommentare: I attended 2 classes in Boston early in the stages of Maptitude. I had little field experience in GIS and the instructor helped me understand the power of Maptitude.

Low cost of investment. Annual upgrade is less for previous users. Ability to import large records in layers (some call this vectors).

If one downloads the app and has a key, that does not always work. And there is no weekend support. Examples of how to create queries. Examples need to be shown like Qgis. How to rubber-sheet a map. How to export to KML data and examples.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for the review! Have you checked out the learning portal? We would love to add your suggestions: https://www.caliper.com/learning/articles/what-if-i-dont-see-an-article-for-my-problem/

Subham
Research Assistant in USA
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude

Kommentare: Good

The OD matrix generation and census data

We cannot alter maptitude road or rail networks to generate OD data for multiple years. This is one provision maptitude should offer to its users, especially for transportation planners.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for the great review, Subham! We will reach out to explore how we can help make the tasks you are performing easier and to help identify if there are quicker ways to achieve your goals in the software.

Marc
Analyst in USA
Bankwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Mapping Software

Kommentare: Once familiar with all of its nuances, it's outstanding!

Packed with capability and comes with great customer service. Data updates are timely and affords the user limitless customization features.

Maptitude is a unique software dedicated to serving multiple industries. As such, it commands a significant time investment to become familiar with all of its features and nuances. Also, please create an "undo" button!

Julio
Senior Strategist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for the money

It is a very easy product to use and the online function makes it easy to share with client.

The added data doesn't go with my maps to the online platform

Raymond
Senior Financial Analyst in USA
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Amazing product at a great value with even better customer service!

Kommentare: I am using the software to Map out where all of our dealership are located throughout the country while mapping out where our competitors are located in order to identify potential acquisition targets. The benefits have been providing invaluable insight to upper management regarding what kinds of opportunities are out there and consequently, giving the company a chance to grow via acquisitions. Moreover, the additional features within Maptitude allows you to identify new areas of growth or new markets to enter given the plethora of demographic data it has embedded within the software. it shows population growth, income levels of population and so so much more. It really provides a high level overview for any user who wants to learn and find out anything about a particular area of the country.

Maptitude offers a lot of bang for your buck. I did hours of research, looking at different mapping companies before choosing Maptitude and surprisingly, Maptitude is one of the very few companies that allows you to pay a one-time fee only (which is very reasonable given you're getting) and you get lifetime access to the software. Most other companies require you to pay an annual fee which can add up pretty quickly. The mapping software itself is amazing. It is robust, dynamic and does everything you can possibly imagine and then some. It is very user friendly and has a lot of built in features that can help making maps extremely useful as it provides invaluable insights into your data. The best part is after I purchased the product, the amount of customer support I received was fantastic. Every time I had a question, the company would always reply back immediately with a solution. They were very knowledgeable in their product, timely and very helpful. The mapping software is a home run and I could not be happier with the product nor the high level of customer service. Thank you!

Nothing as of right now. If there are any dislikes, I will be sure to address it to Maptitude first before airing any dirty laundry. More often than not, it is more likely user error that is the cause of any major issues.

Murtaza
Associate Professor in Kanada

The best value for money for spatial analytics.

I am more of a spatial analyst than a cartographer. Thus, what attracts me to Maptitude is the ease with which I can perform spatial analysis. Manipulating spatial data by creating spatial overlaps or buffers are just two examples. Once the data are ready, I can easily generate thematic maps, and if needed, run ordinary least squares or binary logit regressions from within Maptitude. In the past, I'd export data as CSV to Stata or R to run regressions. However, with Maptitude, I can test my preliminary hypothesis right there without running the risk of erroneous data translation from one software to another. Given that most if not all spatial data are correlated in space, one may need an estimate for spatial autocorrelation. With Maptitude 2018, I can readily generate Moran's I statistic to test the presence of spatial autocorrelation. The 3D Map feature in Maptitude 2018 is welcome. Now, one can generate a choropleth with two distributions where color may represent one variable and height represents another. As an example see the map at https://twitter.com/search?q=race%20and%20transit%20ridership&src=typd where I have plotted public transit ridership and the percentage of visible minorities in Toronto to highlight that transit ridership is more pronounced in racialized neighbourhoods. Given its strong transportation pedigree, Maptitude remains the best off-the-shelve GIS software for simpler transportation analysis involving networks and facility location.

Maptitude can be even better if it were to include the following: - The ability to record commands such that point and click exercises automatically generates a script that could be manipulated for repetitive tasks. - The ability to work with Google Maps and other similar APIs. - An integration or coupling with R, Geoda, and Stata

Richard
Clinical Associate Professor/ Senior epidemiologis in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude GIS

Kommentare: I am a public health scientist, epidemiologist, who studies the spatial/ geography of disease. This includes dealing with questions concerning disease clusters (e.g. several breast cancer cases in a neighborhood and its location to say, a toxic waste site) , the impact of air quality in some neighborhoods versus others, access to medical care and where people work, etc. When I started using GIS in public health about 20 years ago I started with Maptitude 3.0. I also had access to two other packages, ArcView and MapInfo. I attended a workshop in Iowa that used Maptitude and its cost was less than half of the other brands. (that is still the case) The cost really appealed to my boss and especially since Caliper included census data, rivers, streets, much more whereas the other vendors were charging the proverbial arm and a leg for data. Caliper still does this and includes even more. After a while I started teaching GIS to public health practitioners in my state (WA) and I learned the other packages because sometimes health departments had already bought software but no one knew how to use it. I made up a set of exercises all of which I could do in Maptitude but much to my chagrin about half I could not do in brands X. I taught in summer institutes which were a week long 8 hours/day. I found that by Monday afternoon we were making maps of all kinds and starting to do some really complicated stuff. With the other packages when I taught them it would be Wednesday afternoon before we could tackle the interesting problems. This has not really changed although brands X have improved a lot, but Maptitude has too and remains very easy to use, is stable, and has excellent documentation. You do not have to buy a bunch of extra books to learn how to use it. The PDF manual that comes with it is excellent. You really can teach yourself how to use it even for the most complicated problems. It remains the least expensive, comes with a ton of data, has excellent tech support done by people who get interested in what you are trying to do. But there is one more thing. I have a lot more to do than work (play!) with GIS - which I love to do. Maptitude is logically laid out and designed in a way that the procedures to do this or that stick with me even though sometimes I have to be away from it weeks at a time. Ordinary people can learn to use it; no need to be a GIS wonk. No need to necessarily hire a GIS technician.

Ease of use, logical sequence of steps for mapping procedures, quick making of several types of thematic maps, well designed procedure for spatial overlay -a critical feature for public health work, integration to Google Maps, routing capability, ease of selecting features, can be connected to ArcMap, 3D maps, buffers, unlimited number of columns and rows in the attribute data (not the case for other GISs- a big deal for public health data which often has 500+ columns) , Caliper's training videos, stability, tech support. Easy to make slides and fancy maps for presentations and publications. It is fast. Geocoding is quite good. I have geocoded a few hundred thousand death certificates in 30 minutes with a very high hit rate, sometimes higher than commercial geocoding companies. Video demos available through the Help menu. Merging, overlay, clipping, the usual GIS functions - straightforward. Provides a connectivity matrix to use for spatial modeling.

I would like to see more raster map capability, more higher level spatial analysis tools. However there are several open source/access tools which can be integrated with Maptitude to some degree. I would like to see the scripting language changed to Python. The current one is powerful but nothing like Python. The regression package should not be used to model spatial variables if you are interested in a real spatial regression as it does not take into account proximity. But Maptitude does provide a connectivity matrix of several orders which can be used in statistical packages like SAS, Stata, and R.

Len
Bankwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

20 year Maptitude user review

Kommentare: The software is the "best bang for the buck" as far as I am concerned and the support from the Caliper tech staff always has been very good. I continue to be amazed at how sophisticated the software is and what we can do with it. After 20 years we are still learning and developing new applications for our bank clients.

Maptitude is very sophisticated software which nevertheless is easy to use. It also is an incredible value for the cost. Maptitude includes hundreds of demographic variables and no added charge.

This is difficult question to answer because we like Maptitude so much and we've been using it for more than 20 years. Like most software companies Caliper is always creating new updated versions of its software and for non-technical users like ourselves sometimes we can get a little frustrated learning the new way to do things in the latest versions.

Antwort von Caliper

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Mike
Market Planning in USA
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

User with 15+ years experience with Maptitude

Kommentare: I've been using Maptitude for more than 15 years. It is simply the best tool available for businesses that need a market planning mapping and data resource. It can do everything I need it to do - from the very simple to the complex. It integrates nicely with other programs and file types making analysis and presentation very easy. I highly recommend Maptitude to firms who need a function-rich GIS mapping solution. It is the best!

Easy to use and function-rich. Easy to produce impactful, presentation maps. Territory management tool and location analysis capabilities are outstandimg.

No particular weaknesses. Even if you're not certain how to accomplish something, their expert technical team will find a way and suggest options to help the user achieve the desired result.

Rich
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Maptitude - Hands down best out of the gate geospatial platform

5,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: User for nearly two decades and it really gets the job done for me.

Simple to understand, very powerful, great data availability - and they tech support is second to none.

It is not as fast in terms of processing is other tools.

vor 19 Stunden

Many thanks for your loyalty and feedback! We are working hard to increase the speed dramatically.

Murtaza
Director in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude: The most affordable resource-rich GIS software

Kommentare: I have been a Maptitude user for over 10 years doing research and teaching the next generation of Spatial Analysts. Maptitude is great value for mone because of the range of spatial analytic tools that come bundled with the main purchase. There is no need to purchase additional expensive add-ins. The software comes bundled with geo-demographic data, street network files, and other data sets primarily focussing on North America and the UK. There are several global data sets available as well. Given that Maptitude is topology-sensitive, it can do spatial analysis that some other GIS cannot. Furthermore, it is very fast with large data sets. Personally, I would like to see two additional features in Maptitude. First, I'd like to see the ability to create a script of the commands being executed so that one could rerun the same analysis by simplifying re-executing the log file on the updated data sets. Second, I'd like to see better integration with the freeware R to extend Maptitude's capabilities. Even without my wishlist, Maptitude packs more functionality than any other desktop GIS know off and at the most affordable price.

Most affordable. Packed with advanced spatial analytics Comes bundled with geodemographic data

Debbie
Data Research in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude Makes a Visual Impact

Kommentare: Maptitude maps have been a key component to showing a huge cancer cluster around Fort Detrick with a graphic art picture image. The maps were shown by Senator Muse, D-MD and were instrumental in helping pass legislation for a cancer cluster investigation. When I began using Maptitude I had no clue whatsoever about mapping. I remember my excitement when the first 67 data records popped up on the map. That was a moment of total joy to be able to achieve that since I had no background in mapping - just a strong desire. I also use Maptitude in my current position to show areas of sales for our team.

The cost of the product as well as ease of use. The ability to visually show graphic locations of what you are trying to say in different formats. Once you have mapped the data, you can then breakdown the map further. The software is adaptable for multiple industries.

Would like to see more training classes in different parts of the country (Texas would be nice).

Antwort von Caliper

Great to see Maptitude put to such good use!

Arthur
Marketing Professor in USA
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude review

Kommentare: I am a marketing professor. I use Maptitude for introducing the concepts of spatial data to graduate marketing research students. I use Maptitude in my own research. I analyze spatial data for student projects. I use Maptitude in practitioner research in my work with city governments on revitalization and economic development projects.

Everything. It is seamless, geocodes well, has every feature available in ARCGIS that most users would ever need, saves maps as JPegs if desired, imports and exports data back and forth to and from Excel, allows Dataviews to be edited from other geographic files (counts of point data within areas, distances from points or area centroids, etc.), allows color combinations based on templates or user choices, and even allows users to tap into Census data and upload area data at the block level. In addition, the datasets that Caliper makes available for free for users are amazing, from features of interest, healthcare data, businesses by brand and type, and so on.

I have been using Maptitude for so long that it is second nature to me, but I would imagine that there is some learning curve in understanding the basic layering features of any GIS package. But I truly prefer it to ARCGIS.

Murray
Professor in USA
Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Power for the expert and beginner alike

The Maptitude user interface stands out to me the most. Maptitude has an approach to interface design that emphasizes clarity and a focus on what needs to happen. Very easy to use, and very easy to teach from.

My least favorite thing about Maptitude is the lack of awareness the general GIS/geography community has for the software. On its own merits, Maptitude is both powerful and easy to use: a rare feat to find in one package. Yet relatively few GIS folks really know about it, which is a shame for the discipline.

vor 6 Monaten

Thank you for the feedback Murray and for helping spread the word!

Brett
Brett
Owner/Principal in USA

Maptitude is an excellent geospatial data software package that is aimed at the business user.

Kommentare: The ability to take my Excel data and to look at it spatially to see trends in my data. As a business/economic geography, this software fully meets my mapping needs.

All of the tools you need to do spatial analysis are included in the software at the base price. No need to pay for costly add-ons or extensions. This includes state, county, MSA, zip code and census tract level line work and data including all 255 Census fields. The user as the ability to do point maps, thematic maps, drive-time rings and advanced spatial and statistical analysis.

Just some cosmetic tweaks to the legend box, and the ability to do curved flow/desired lines. That aside, I'm a very happy user of the software, as the customer service is top notch.

Terry
Business Manager in USA
Bankwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude "Mic Drop"

Kommentare: The recipients of my maps are often thrilled with what I create. I love easily whipping up a map and hearing the applause! I would have to say, Maptitude makes for a great mapping experience!

The most important thing about this software, for me, is that I can make a beautiful map without being a computer expert! I have a very basic knowledge of navigating around my computer. Learning how to use Maptitude was not difficult.

I know this is very picky, but I use the color palette in my work and I have a hard time finding just the right shade sometimes. The selection is huge but, nevertheless, I have a difficult time choosing. I always think the color selections are too similar. Also, the color is not saturated enough for my taste.

Nick
CEO in Australien
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great value!

Kommentare: Maptitude comes with a wealth of data at an unbelievably inexpensive price. The Australian data, with which I'm most familiar, if bought separately from other sources, would run into the thousands of dollars and I am stunned at the value for money. Please don't think that value for money has compromised functionality or capability! Maptitude has a wealth of analytical features that satisfy my ongoing needs in the area of demographic analysis. Regular in the business/demographic sphere include thematic mapping, route planning, territory design, trade area analysis and location/allocation modelling. A critical area is output and Maptitude has this covered with the ability to produce good quality maps of any size, a wide range of graphics formats and also Kmz/kml output for Google Earth. If there is one criticism, it's that the you can't produce a visual legend for Google Earth and if the exported geographic features have too many points, then they simply won't appear in Google Earth..a point reduction function would be very useful. On the negative side. It is a slightly dated looking package, reminding one of the Windows XP software and it's annoying that you only merge two geographic features at a time, a definite disadvantage if you need to merge data from a variety of sources into one geographic layer. It makes it a bit fiddly. This is not a package just for the professional, full time user. A newbie will find the package relatively easy to learn and the software site comes with a series of tutorials that will allow you to transition from newbie to effective novice relatively easily. That's given us the confidence to recommend Maptitude to non-GIS users such as sales managers, database analysts, franchise managers, advertising planners, retailers and merchandisers. All in all, value for money, good quality output, a wealth of data and functionality and easy to use.

Preston
Principal Owner in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Maptitude is the BEST GIS software going, hands down

Kommentare: We use Maptitude to generate super-colorful and readable maps quickly, using lots of disparate data. It continues to exceed our expectations as to what it can do. It is our best investment--hands down--every year and was our smartest business decision to move away from ESRI ArcView to this product.

Easy to learn and use, lots of functionality, able to perform nearly any GIS need that you'd have, and the price is just outstanding. It is priced at about half to one-fourth of the competition and has all the functionality.

Can't think of anything. Been a user for four years and have never had a complaint--me or my staff.