Filtern nach:

Über SolidWorks Premium

Mechanische CAD-, Designvalidierungs-, Product Data Management-, Entwurfskommunikations- und CAD-Produktivitätstools in einem einzigen Paket.

Erfahre mehr über SolidWorks Premium

Shubham A.
Shubham A.
Operations and Training Manager in Indien
Design, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Phenomenal CAD tool for futuristic renderings

Kommentare: We're creating Robots and industrial solutions for our clients. Some models require kinematic links and joints in order to show the motion in a robot. Therefore, with the help of software, we're almost doing 60% of our company's work on the software and it;s generating 70% of revenue using this.

Solidworks is the most versatile CAD tool, that doesn't require much training in order to learn and create the components. I have been a regular user since my internship days. Was in the R&D department, creating components varying in size from minute to big. and with Solidworks, the life of designers is very easy; thanks to its numerous features that help creating animations in a real-time frame.

I haven't found any major fault which I don't like except one thing. In order to design really amazing and realistic components, you require a versatile system with a dedicated RAM and Graphics Card. As such companies are releasing their software every single year; so it become difficult for manufacturing companies to cope up with their software eligibility criteria. Rest everything is the best I have found so far in the software

Kyle T.
Drafting Manager in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

CAD for Experts

Kommentare: SolidWorks has been a major asset to the company and the key piece to the success of our companies CAD abilities. We make use of parts of the program many people may never touch, such as pipe routing. While it has it's drawbacks, the benefits of using software such as SolidWorks allows us to do much more specialized work without our industry that other programs do not have the capability of producing.

SolidWorks does nearly everything under the sun when it comes to CAD design. From 2D and 3D sketching, to mechanical assemblies and full simulations.

SolidWorks tends to be a bit unstable at times. Dealing with high amounts of features and parts can slow down the software if you don't have a very robust system. Crashes will be, unfortunately, a way of life at times. It does a decent job of backing up and recovering files during these crashes so work is not always lost. Save often is the most important piece of advice I can give to anyone using SolidWorks

Sharudin J.
Sharudin J.
Systems engineer in Australien
Gewerbeimmobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Solidworks Premium Review

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Solidworks is such a fun and productive software. You can create drawings so quickly of parts and assemblies with the drag and drop function.

Solidworks is fairly easy to use for 3D modelling. The function of creating parts, adding them to assemblies and creating drawings is so quick and easy.

Some functions in the software may get errors and can be a headache to resolve. The problem could be so micro and hard to find and resolve.

Mechanical Engineer in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Industry standard software; headaches must also be industry standard

Kommentare: SolidWorks can be both the solution to and cause of many problems in my day-to-day engineering work. If the developers spent more of the thousands and thousands of dollars charged annually per seat on fixing existing issues and improving stability, rather than cramming in new features, maybe this software would be worth hanging onto. We are looking at switching to CAD package built with modern needs in mind (eg Siemens NX). This is a great software to learn CAD basics with, however, in part because there are lots of guides and tutorials online due to its popularity. Currently, we couldn't live without it, but we sure wish we could and will be hopefully moving to a different software package in the near future.

SolidWorks is a very powerful software for mechanical design. While FEA in Premium can be limited, it's very helpful for performing basic statics analysis of a component. If you take the time to set up component, weldment, fastener etc libraries and tweak several hidden settings, you can do a lot of complicated designs and large assemblies, then generate drawings and BOMs all in one software package. -Hole wizard and similar tools are extremely useful -FEA is helpful for validating designs -Reference and parameter-driven components (when they work) within assemblies allows flexible and complex designs -Convenient tools like sheet metal, weldments/structural members etc make industrial design easier

Unfortunately, SolidWorks' strength is also its weakness. Over the years it has become extremely bloated with features and truly needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. -Unstable. Crashes at least once a day unexpectedly and with little to no warning, with no hope of recovery, even on hardware built specifically for running SW. -Unreliable and finicky at times, settings/references/converted entities/mates are notorious for somehow spontaneously changing or breaking between sessions. -Solving mates, especially in large assemblies, can be extremely slow. Eg. adding and mating fasteners to an assembly with hundreds of parts is a nightmare. -Drawings are convoluted and performance hurts with large assemblies. Chock full of features but hard to use. -No great built-in way to create/export clean BOMs from assemblies without putting in a lot of work. -SINGLE CORE? IN 2021?? COME ON! Not all operations have to be limited to one thread!

Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.
Design Engineer in Ecuador
Öl & Energie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My experience with SolidWorks

Kommentare: Although I have not worked much with this software, compared to others, I can say that most mechanical element design softwares are very similar and if you have already used other software of this type, it will be very easy to use SolidWorks.
With very little training I have managed to make simple machine assemblies without any problem, just like the simulations

It is one of the most used software in the industry for the design of mechanical parts, so it has been improving over the years, it is very easy to use from the beginning, it is very intuitive, so you can start drawing with little training. There is a very large community in case you have any questions. Designs can be validated by using finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics, so no other software is required.

Like most of these software, SolidWorks is somewhat expensive, so the investment is justified when handling large projects, for the design of individual parts or small machines, you can opt for cheaper options or free software. The computer necessary to use SolidWorks must have very specific characteristics in terms of CPU, GPU and RAM memory, so the initial investment is somewhat expensive.

CEO in Italien

A CAD no-brainer

Kommentare: Overall we've been satisfied, fire it up, model parts, model assembly, do the additional tasks, job done. Revisions mid way? Ok, as far as late stage revisions can be deemed "ok" in a cad software.

Been using Solidworks for ages, has less hiccups than the alternatives and gets the job done, even with complex assemblies.

The latest versions, while expanding on collaboration and SAP-ish features, which is good, seem to lack a bit in straigthforwardness. Some recent UI redesign slowed things a little bit.

Ronald L.
Engineering Manager in USA
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good Deal

Kommentare: I have created a lot of product designs quickly to determine the weight of a product to get our customers an accurate quote, and a picture they can see. We also use it to design fixtures that can be made at another shop.

Solidworks is very easy to use. You don't need a lot of training because once you have the basic concept down, it becomes intuitive on how to create models. There are many ways to complete the same commands, so it can just be a matter of preference on which method works best for you. Customer support was able to help me with almost every problem I had except for third party hardware issue. It's customizable, but not too customizable.

Solidworks can crash at times and work is lost if you don't save it. There are some features that I was not able to create in solid that probably could be done in surfaces if I had time to learn it.

Giuseppe P.
Professor in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Superpowerful 3D CAD suite, but could be overkill depending on user

Kommentare: Probably one of the easiest and most powerful 3D CAD software available, especially for "mit-tier" users such as myself. Based on what I've seen though, I'm sure that it's advanced capabilities (which I don't really use) are easily on par with other programs.

I love the ability to visualize my systems before asking our machine shop to build them. The level of detail available is phenomenal. I've played with the modeling components and like them a lot, but I don't have enough experience to really comment on them. For someone that cannot easily visualize components and instruments in my mind, SolidWorks is a must!

My only real criticism of this software is that it isn't for the faint of heart of casual user. I consider myself very savvy with computer design and graphics, but every time I pick up SolidWorks, I feel like I have to re-learn it before I can use it effectively. A "beginner" interface for simpler tasks would be very useful for users like me.

Mohammed el amine D.
Mechanical Engineer in Algerien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best 3D modeling Software

Kommentare: As I am a mechanical engineer, SolidWorks very helped me to realize many projects for my company

It's very easy to use and learn, It includes a comprehensive standard library.

It take a big storage capacity, also it's expensive compared to other software

Manuel S.
Designer in Mexiko
Design, Selbstständig

The best CAD software currently on the market.

Kommentare: I have never had any flaws with this software, when it comes to design and simulations it is a very reliable software.

This CAD is the most complete in what you can find in today's market. It has so many functions and programs within it that if you dedicate yourself to this sector this program will contribute you too much in your work.

It is not a software that is very easy to learn to use, it takes its time but it is totally worth it.

Mechancial Design Enigneer in Ägypten

The Best and Easiest Cad Software

Kommentare: I like solidworks very much and i advise every design engineer to use it

Solidworks is the best, the software helps you to make designs very easily and quickly in just a few steps, it's much widespread in my country and the developers are working hard to make it much easier for use, I like also when they add feature which ease the work much more.

1-You need to subscribe every year for the software and I think than subscription value is expensive. 2-No backward Compatibility, example: You cannot save a file from solidworks 2020 to use and edit on solidworks 2018, this may force you to buy the subscription every year to keep up with the software update 3- Catia files - as another Dassault software- should be fully supported on solidworks as solidworks files exactly 4. every year the first s.p like sp0.0 and sp1.0 have too much glitches and sometimes your work files get corrupted because of these glitches. 5-Gaming Gpus power cannot be fully consumed by solidworks as they are not certified or totally compatible with solidworks, and I think the developers need to work on this point

Supun S.
Supun S.
Student in Sri Lanka
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Design with SOLIDWORKS

Kommentare: As a whole Solidworks is one of the best Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software in the world. When considering with other CAD software, Solidworks is specially designed to model 3D mechanical parts. We can model every single part of a machine separately and then we can assemble it using the same software. Also, we can simulate some machinery parts. But for the simulating, we need much powerful hardware. After assembling the parts modeled we can take a print of the machine including different elevation views. This software is very useful for professional designers and they can buy this software for their companies. I do not recommend this software for individual use because of the price.

Solidworks is a great software to design objects in a professional level. Either a 2-dimensional plan or a 3-dimensional object, we can design it easily using Solidworks. If you have not used this software previously you might think it is hard to learn this software. There are many menus, buttons, panels, etc. in the user interface. But you can learn it very easily because of many tutorials for this software available on YouTube for free. I too studied the software in the same manner. The price of the software is in the midrange but it is worthy because of the features included in Solidworks. Solidworks has a new way of marking dimensions in our design. It is so easy that we only need to select the dimensioning tool and drag down the needed piece. Extruding also became easy because a ruler pops up when we begin to extrude. Solidworks is very useful especially for mechanical engineers, civil engineers, and architectures. They can model their dream using this software.

There are few drawbacks of the software that I faced while using Solidworks. Since I used some 3D designing software earlier, I feel little bit hard to model objects in Solidworks. Only few primary shapes are included with the software. Some shapes are very hard to model. The price of the software is relatively low when considering with other professional CAD software. But there are many free solutions available in the software market. Therefore buying Solidworks is not a good idea if your project is small. My friend has an Apple computer and he could not find Solidworks software that compatible with mac OS. I think Solidworks for mac OS will release soon.

Nasir G.
Nasir G.
BDM in Indien

User Experience

Kommentare: Loved working on solidworks as it declaration stands "Spend less time in learning and more time in developing a product"

When you have limited knowledge in 3D CAD and really want to design some products but not willing to share the concept over words but a 3D design ready. Then you really need Solidworks modules and specially Premiuem module which is the top end of CAD portfolio. With basic idea of 3D designing i could start exploring solidworks and build any concept and also do some basic simulation without any or limited knowledge in simulation concepts as the product comes with simulation features and requires minimal data to start a simulation

With all my time using solidworks i could never find any difficulty or fault other tan if any feature is missing or is in limited condition this when escalated would be looked in detail by design and development team and pulled in next possible updated to resolve and serve the need.

Brian H.
Design Engineer in USA

Career Using Solidworks

Kommentare: Overall, Solidworks has become a trusty tool for me. I'm able to get my point across clearer with a 3D drawing with detailed views to the customer instead of working on a physical model. I suggest taking classes if you're very new to the world of 3D modeling but if you have an understanding of it, a quick set of Youtube tutorials can get you on track easily. I recommend this product to anyone who has a creative mind and wants to make objects digitally with hopes to transfer it into a physical model.

Solidworks is good for taking things you've drawn and giving precise dimensions to make it as accurate to the object you're trying to create or recreate as possible. You're able to transfer these drawings to machines that can cut and print what you've done after. Since this software is so popular among design/engineer firms, thousands of tutorials and helpful guides can be found on the internet to help with anything you are trying to produce, along with many forums with knowledgeable people that are willing to help. It has many modes that can simulate object properties if you assign a material to it and will give you a close representation of what you'd expect in the real world.

Solidworks has trouble with organic shapes. If you are doing something that requires a bulbous shape you might need to look elsewhere like 3DS Max or Maya. It also has trouble with the spline command, which requires a bit more finesse when controlling it.

Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting) in Venezuela
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Lower cost, powerful and friendly CAD simulation program

Kommentare: As a hydraulic engineer, SolidWorks is an essential component in my CAD software kit specifically for the mechanical design of valves, pipes, and structures as well as for the simulation and verification of structural faults

The price of the program is really one of its main attractions, considering that meets the expectations and needs of mechanical design. It has powerful 3D design capabilities and a very friendly interface. Solidworks is a more thought-out and useful program for mechanical engineers and designers and is not as appropriate for the architectural design. It can be used to create 2D and 3D designs, has enough tools to incorporate elements such as shading, textures, lighting, and transparencies that facilitate the reading of the design. Another advantage is its library of materials and the possibility of creating customized materials that can be stored in this library. You can also add and edit any text, and like other CAD programs, the design work is done in layers that you can easily select and change. Also has the option of extrusion that easily allows you to create a 3D model from a 2D plane or the reverse process. The design facility includes a customizable palette where you can locate the tools that are most used and also, also we have the function of recording macros. SolidWorks offers the possibility of working with DWG, DXF, STEP, STL formats, as well as printing their designs in 3D. Additionally, one of its main advantages is that we can work with raster and PDF files. As for the simulation process, the significant advantage of SolidWorks is its SolidWorks Security Factor Wizard, with which you can examine the created design and locate structural weaknesses.

Although the renderig, illumination and the photorealistic representation are not powerful as those obtained with other CAD programs, they are still powerful and allow to visualize the designs with an acceptable quality. SolidWorks tools are powerful for small projects, such as specific parts and components, but they are not efficient for the design of more complex projects such as large motor examples.

Punit P.
Owner in Indien

I have been using it for more than 5 years now and it has helped me tremendously.

First of all it is very easy to start with even if just mess around with it for sometime you will learn many things. Not only that it has so many tools with which you can design anything, nothing is impossible with this software. To start with you can make parts, assemblies and 2d drawings. You can work with solids, surfaces, weldaments etc. For sketching there is 2d sketch as well as 3d sketch. In solids there are so many interesting tools like extrude, extrude cut, sweep, loft revolve which help you make your parts easily. If your parts are complex then you can use surface tools which has the above mentioned tools plus others like boundary surface, fill surface, trim surface which work wonderfully with splines and curves. Also this software allows you to import parts made in other softwares easily as well as export in many widely used formats. It also has plugins for various other softwares like machining softwares (CAM), renderers like keyshot, tools like camnetics etc. All in all I would say this software is value for money for engineers, product designers, mold designers etc.

I would say that there are very few negative points with this software. Also if there are they keep updating the software and resolving the bugs present. Yes but I would say that updating is costly and for small shop owner like me it definitely is a big investment to update. There nothing that you can't achieve with the older versions but yes you get tempted by watching the new features they bring in every year.

Design Engineer in USA
Pharmazeutika, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Product

Kommentare: The amount of features offered by the software allows me to do all sorts of tasks. From 3D modeling to CAD.

I love the customization ability and various features offered.

The software tends to crash more often than i'd like.

Taylor P.
Project Engineer in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Gold Standard of Design Packages

Kommentare: I love Solidworks and will be a lifetime user. Again, some CAD softwares have specified add-ons that are task specific, but for the value, Solidworks can get you to where you need to go easily and smoothly.

I have used multiple CAD programs throughout my engineering career, but I always come back to Solidworks as being the foundational CAD package that I am most comfortable and confident with.

There are some things that are highly specific to my industry that are not as robust as, for instance, CATIA; however, if you can become proficient in Solidworks, then you will be able to transfer your CAD skills to any other platform in other industries. Very intuitive and user friendly.

Mechanical Engineering Intern in USA

Amazing CAD software for 2D and 3D designs

Kommentare: I loved working with Solidworks. I prefer using it since I am more accustomed to it. The features are easy to use but I believe they can be improved to make them a lot simpler to use. It also is versatile in what you want to accomplish with the software, whether it be manufacturing, CAD, simulations, etc.

I have been using Solidworks for about 2-3 years. The software helps create 2D and 3D designs with ease. I am very comfortable using the software to create references and switch orientation. The 2D sketch tools are simple to use. There are plenty of 3D features which can be tricky to use such as swept boss, loft, revolve, etc. However, with practice they are handy in making complex 3D designs. The premium allows to use Solidworks Simulation and Motion Analysis which are critical for design engineers. The Cam allows the use for manufacturing.

The newest version of Solidworks is also not compatible with an old version of Solidworks. This can be difficult working with people who don't have the same version of Solidworks as you. It also takes up a lot of RAM and runs very slowly when running simulations. When running Solidworks Simulations, you need a computer with high speed and RAM to get accurate results with high element size.

Mechanical Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A must have for mechanical engineers

Solidworks is awesome CAD and 3D modeling software that I'd be lost without as a mechanical engineer. You don't need to be a CAD expert in order to start using this software as it is very user friendly and even someone with just the very basic CAD skills should be able to get started pretty quickly. I like that it is very intuitive once you get going. A great feature of Solidworks that I really like and use a lot is that it can convert your 3D CAD model into professional lever 2D drawing from any angle. It also allows you to do automatic dimensioning of the drawings. This saves a lot of time compared to having to do it the old way by hand. I like how customizable it is, both the user setting and features like the toolboxes, which makes it even easier to use. Solidworks also has a fantastic help and customer service network which I have used many times, with my problem or issue always being fully explained and resolved.

It's hard to think of any cons about this software to be honest. The only thing I would say is that it would be nice if they made a version to run on mac operating systems as it's currently only available for windows.

Guillaume S.
Mechanical engeenner in Frankreich
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best multi-purpose CAD sofware

Kommentare: It's an all-in-one software that is able to replace other soft even for non CAD applications

Solidworks has one of the best ease of use and UI of CAD world

Solidworks is a bit pricy but it worth it

IS&D System Administrator in USA

Super great program

Kommentare: When we have to redesign a compressor because of a difference in parts sales at the time, Solidworks is there to allow us to make the necessary changes fairly quickly and easily. Our Engineers can take a ring that is slightly different than what we previously used, make the changes necessary to utilize this new ring, and have the plans up and going in short order to get this change in a compressor out and ready for machining and building. They are able to make adjustments to parts when we find we need to change something due to our testing. Everything is simpler because of the abilities of Solidworks.

The capabilities of this program are really high. You can create and model just about anything your heart desires. The ability to create things is really only limited to the user of the software. We use this daily as we design our Compressors. Little things here and there are easy to visualize and take advantage of, so much so that our machinists can make things super easily because of the abilities in Solidworks.

This software is rather expensive for an every day type of use. This is definitely a program for those that are willing to invest in their Engineering Department. The amount of RAM needed for good solid work with this is very high, and the video card requirements are even more strict.

Naveen R.
Technical Manager in Indien

Comprehensive CAD Software for Engineering Design & Development

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: SolidWorks Premium provides industry required tools and features to speed up the Design process to Quickly create Validate, communicate and also to ensure all your data is managed within secured Vault
SolidWorks Premium includes validation tools which ensures your Design are validate at early stage to avoid failures and meet the required expectation This benefits saving of prototype cost and resources for an organization
The overall experience of working on SolidWorks tool is very good

SolidWorks is know for its easy to use Intuitive interface with least Learning curve. It has seamlessly integration with all Add on's which ensure's design is always up to date. The wide range of functionalities that streamline design , automate tasks, validate the Form, fit and function will help to efficiently work to make better designs The strength of SolidWorks lies in its huge User base & Eco system which provides solutions from Design to Manufacturing across different industry verticals and ensures there is always skilled resource to work with

To improve in Handling & stability of Software when working on Very large Assemblies consisting of more then 5000 components in an assembly

Yusaku K.
Freelancer in Japan
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

"Great Software"

Kommentare: SolidWorks is very simple to learn. I wasn't expecting that yet I when I began going through the instructional exercises it truly nailed it. It has every one of the devices that one would need to make a 3D model. Likewise, Solidworks permits engineers to make their own modules to add extra usefulness to Solidworks the manner in which they need it.
SolidWorks has a pleasant UI and simple to utilize, when you are beginning to learn, it is very helpful instructional exercises that need to make you stride by venture through the way toward making a 2D view to a 3D. Produce plans and perspectives is simple and agreeable to present or pass them to reality with a 3D printer.

The adaptability and the interface of the product is quite incredible. Architects can work with industry-explicit instruments to help decrease the time taken to plan an item. The interface is extraordinary, yet in addition the delivered pictures acquired utilizing the product is first rate, giving you a vibe for the genuine item you will in general plan. Also, You don't need to leave the program to do reenactments on the gadget you are planning. Additionally love the amazing way simple it is to transform something you've made into a 3D printed object.

need parcel of memory and processor power, can't be utilized with other programming while at the same time delivering or making complex gatherings, in some cases it simply break while working, issue with bringing in sync records from different projects, include works doesn't work constantly and when it works ordinarily can't be utilized to change the part. What I don't care for is the enormous RAM that Solidworks take. Indeed, even with a decent PC, you may get notification that Solidworks may hinder your PC. It is actually a weighty programming and on the off chance that you have a hefty record, it is truly hard to work.

Assistant in Belgien

A great drawing and modeling software

Because I teach the use of this software to future european engineers, where Dassault is a prominent choice amongst industrial employers of my student, this software is the key to a proper formation fo my student, who will use extremely similar software in industry. The 3D features are intuitive and are explained contextually in a very clear manner (lower ribbon or logos help identify where and what to click). The mass and inertia properties are easy ways to confirm manual computations, and the blueprint drawing is state of the art. The toolbox including most thread standards is a huge help.

The main concern in the drawing module is the oddity of drawing standards used by SolidWorks. Folliwing ISO 128 and ISO 129 would be better (bigger difference between thick and thin lines, thicker extremities of section lines, etc.). In the 3D module, the main concern is the shell function, which does not always provide efficient results, especially when there are two entry surfaces to the shell. Propagation of fillets, and clearance angle tools are not always bug-free.