Parallels Mac Management

Necessary for our workflow

Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Shane M.
Web Designer

Kommentare: Before we got Parallels, we were using a separate Windows computer for one specific program. As our team grew and we needed space in our office, we transitioned to getting an external SSD and making a copy of that computer on it. Now with Parallels, we don't need a separate computer or workstation just to use that one program.

Vorteile: Being able to use niche software that is only available for Windows on our Mac computers.

Nachteile: Running Parallels (or any Virtual Machine for that matter) can use a lot of processing power. There's not much that can be done about that, though, unless you boot up the other operating system from Boot Camp.

Quick, easy, access to windows applications in an equally simple Installation

Bewertet am 13.9.2017
Mike W.
Manager of Learning Technology Solutions
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to continue using windows tools that I have used regularlyin windows environments while working with a more reliable Mac Computer.

Vorteile: I have been an avid user of iParallels 11 and just upgraded to version 13. For the past couple years I have had no issues with running the windows operating system, products and applications side by side with OS sierra. The product makes working in both environments nearly seamless. For those who love added extras, version 13 comes with several tools for the MAC that are useful for various screen capture, video capture, audio capture purposes. Tons of neat tools and a great option for running a windows environment on a mac. A double-win.

Nachteile: It is difficult to find something to not like about this software. It's takes a minimal amount of space and works great. Sometimes, while using version 11, and Mac OS Sierra, I would lose cohesiveness and be kicked into window mode.

Great tool for running Windows on your mac

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Product Application Specialist

Kommentare: Crucial applications that are only available for Windows can be used easily with Parallels. The Tools that come with it make it easy to customize from an IT perspective as well - e.g. deciding what features and functionality should be available in Windows vs those only available on the Mac OS side.

Vorteile: Makes using Windows on the mac really really easy. The integration allows file access between mac/windows really easily as well.
Windows feels and works just like normal.

Nachteile: It's annoying that the software update that happens every year comes with additional cost. I've gotten used to the free OS upgrades from Apple, but then to have to pay to upgrade Parallels every year for the new version that best supports the new OS...this cost just feels so...Windowsy :)

I find it laggy and clunky and hard to keep running smoohtly

Bewertet am 7.12.2017
Mordechai R.
Creator & Publisher

Vorteile: It's great that I can run windows on my mac. It allows me access to more software.

Nachteile: I'm amazed at how poorly the implementation is. The bloatware and the attempts to get me to buy all kinds of external packages. Further, I find their installation policy outrageous. That I need to pay to have them keep a copy of my license for repeated downloads to the same machine. I've basically given up. It's cheaper to buy a PC and run it as a server.

Parallels and all its applications are the best for virtual machine use and management for OS

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Karen M.
Research student

Kommentare: I install a lot of engineer applications that are only in Windows.

Vorteile: I have been using Parallels since 2011 and I would say that is the best tool for have virtual machines in your MAC. Last year I paid 40 dollars for the full version of Parallels 12 and I have nothing to regret. It is very easy to use, and is like you have a Windows and not a virtual machine. This software also comes with other tools that improve its functionality, I would recommend Parallels to anyone.

Nachteile: The software is memory consuming. I bought a SSD and also upgrade the RAM to 16 GB and I work in my MAC from late 2011 perfectly.

Parallels for the Mac is a mandatory application for productivity

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Joel H.
CTO

Kommentare: Ability to create multiple virtual machines on a single piece of hardware. There is also the very useful feature of running Coherence mode with two operating systems running concurrently.

Vorteile: You can boot windows or Mac. Or, you can run a virtual machine in Coherence mode. This creates a lot of utility for the user.

Nachteile: It can be difficult to migrate a boot disk on Mac. However, this isn't really a problem with Parallels so much as a wish for easier functionality around creating a bootcamp disk.

Easy installation - Not user friendly

Bewertet am 10.11.2019
Head Assistant - International Student and Scholar Services
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Generally good experience, once the users are qualified and trained.

Vorteile: We have used parallels in some of our Macs for years, the installation process is very easy and we have had interns taking care of it.

Nachteile: Parallels itself has not always been user friendly. Some of our more tenured Mac users have struggled using it and we have had to train them on it, which has represented a cost for the company.

Great way to run Windows on Mac

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Robin M.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been very happy with Parallels. It has made my Mac act like two computers in one. Being able to run both native Mac programs and Windows programs without two separate machines is great.

Vorteile: Parallels is a great way to integrate both Windows and Mac together. Often I need to run a Windows program that is not available on Mac computers. Parallels makes this easy. I am able to run Mac OSX and open a separate space on my computer to run Windows at the same time.

Nachteile: Sometimes running parallels can slow down Mac programs. I tend to only run Parallels when I absolutely need it.

Decent but not the same

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Bradley L.
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It’s a decent product but not the best solution for windows.

Vorteile: Parallels is a great tool if you don’t want to switch from a Mac to a Windows PC but still need PC functionality.

Nachteile: That said, it’s not a PC. I eventually ended up just buying a windows laptop because Parallels just couldn’t cut it.

A very important tool in my work

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Carlos eduardo D.
Co-Founder

Vorteile: Can't stress enough how Parallels helps my company get our job done, since it helps us test our websites and applications on Windows in a easy way.

Nachteile: Maybe it could be simpler to use and less intrusive from the get go, since it creates desktop shortcuts and assumes that I want to have each windows app as a new window on Mac.

We use this software to manage the virtual machines that we have in our XSERVE

Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Jose B.
IT MANAGER
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have virtual machines running, with a very good stability with a minimum investment in licenses and services. It adapts well to platform changes.

Vorteile: I like that it is very simple to use. It is a software that makes good use of the resources of the hardware it has. The stability is amazing, we have placed several virtual machines to work and the software behaves well, distributes the resources in a good way. The administration works very well from VPN.

Nachteile: The support is limited. The server version has not advanced further. Sometimes when I take control of the virtual machine via console, this fails, the screen goes black. The configuration details can be confusing.

Parallels MAC Management is my easy VM admin interface, very stable

Bewertet am 15.3.2018
Yezid M.
Network and IT Administrator

Vorteile: Centralized Admin GUI to manage the entire platform, to get information about hardware, software implemented, their licenses. A good tool to control and monitor PCs, MAC and Virtual Machines because of its features. Our network has MAC and Windows computers, and this software is usefull to manage and monitor

Nachteile: Sometimes, my software get crash suddenly, and the only way to get it up and running again is to restart it. This crashes occurs when I try to mange a new computer, I guess is a performance bug. By now its my centralized MAC admin gui with no mayor fails.

HElpful especially for mobile offices

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Cheri G.
Office manager
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software has allowed our employees to log into their work computers from different locations. Allows people to work from home, or abroad. Also does not eat up space on each computer- allows for the space to be shared by all users.

Nachteile: Because it is connected through the internet- if internet is slow, then the processor runs slowly as well. Must make-sure there is good internet connection.

I'd choose Parallels over VMWare Fusion every day of the week!

Bewertet am 3.2.2019
Dean of the R365 Academy

Vorteile: I used VMWare Fusion for several years before finally giving in and trying Parallels at the recommendation of some colleagues. I wish I had started with Parallels from day one. The user experience and feature set is far superior to Fusion, and it just looks nice. If you have a need to run Windows on your Mac, do it with Parallels.

Nachteile: Cost. As always, great software comes at a price. I wish that this software was a little cheaper to offset the Windows licenses you have to purchase in conjunction with this software.

This software works very well in some scenarios, but skip it if you are on a Windows Domain network.

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer

Vorteile: Once it's set up, it's really easy to switch back and forth between PC and Mac. You also have your shared data folders between the two, making it easy to transfer files between Mac and PC. This software does work well in situations where you don't need a lot of third party Windows Drivers, or you are on a Workgroup network

Nachteile: If you are on a domain, then you will lose the "trust relationship" fairly regularly and be unable to log into Windows without resetting up the VM on the domain network. Also, if you are using this in a computer that uses USB peripherals (for example, digital xray sensors, or others) the drivers may not translate correctly.

Best software to get windows on your mac

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Senior Investigator
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Has been so far the best software to run windows on my mac. It's really reliable and always up to date with the latest macOS updates and features. Right now I really loved the pencil support and the coherence feature makes my macbook looks like it has installed Windows 10 and macOS at the same time. It's really amazing.

Nachteile: Coherence feature is great, but also has some performance issues and some lagging every now and then which made me switch back to the normal view style.

Works pretty well but takes some getting used to

Bewertet am 9.12.2017
Communications Analyst in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: The most amazing thing I've been able to do is open Box Edit with Parallels- a plugin that allows you to open things from the file storage Box.com directly in the program and save back to the cloud (no local copy). Parallels checks if Mac has the program (for instance Microsoft Project which is only offered for Windows versus Word which is available on my Mac) and instantly starts up Windows in Coherence mode with the necessary application, then I'm able to click the save button there and have it save back to Box which is open on my Mac side.

Nachteile: Sometimes coherence mode is buggy and Parallels needs to be restarted. Save often! Also it can be tricky to wrap your head around which 'drive' or desktop you saved something to and you sometimes have to install things to both sides to get coherence mode to work.

Excellent way to manage Mac devices

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Co-Founder

Vorteile: Parallels Mac Management was easy to set up, and the user experience is excellent. It's so much easier to use that manually setting up, configuring, and maintaining management systems.

Nachteile: My only complaint is that it's a bit expensive.

Parallels is great, easy to use software.

Bewertet am 31.8.2017
Diego Y.
Systems Analyst Associate
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having both Windows and Mac on one computer.

Vorteile: What I like most about it is that every thing is laid out and easy to find. Setup is a breeze and it is very easy to setup Windows from just about anywhere.

Nachteile: If you have a business account, it can be one thing that you might not like about using Parallels. It can be a little tricky to setup when someone else purchases it.

Great experience and its easy to understand

Bewertet am 18.10.2017
Jordan S.
Fraud Specialist
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Vorteile: I like the pure easy of use of this piece of software and how convenient it is to switch from windows back to mac os.

Nachteile: I would say what I like least about the software program is the inability to run on more operating systems at the same time instead of just one.

For the Mac Devotee who just needs an occasional PC platform

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Patricia W.
Attorney
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to install, has not interfered with my daily use of applications on my Mac. Easy to "switch" to the PC side. Affordable.

Vorteile: Easy to install and works without glitches. No need to call a sales rep, simple to download and self-installed. I use it for two programs that I need for business that are not Mac compatible.

Nachteile: While I'm "up and running", I think I need some training (Word documents want to open on the PC side rather than Mac side) - likely a simple fix for this, but I haven't found it in any of the on-line help material. Likely I am under-utilizing some of the features.

Perfect software for my businesses needs!

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Taylor Q.

Kommentare: It met all of my expectations flawlessly.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to connect all of my macs and keep everything running smoothly. Definitely a good buy!

An easy way to run Windows on Mac

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
COO

Kommentare: After the trial I found some cool tools but there are similar tools less expensive.

Vorteile: It's a very easy way to get Windows VM (and no VMs) running on Mac. Easy download-setup. File storage browsing its brilliant

Nachteile: Have some issues with domain networks and shares. Maybe it takes some time to get use to it.

Quickest way to run Windows on a Mac

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Curt Q.
Technology Genius
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's popular, installation is super fast, suspension of the machine in the background is great. The seamless integration feature is pretty neat.

Nachteile: Ads, some tricky networks settings that aren't currently available.

Very basic and hastily written solution.

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Waqas K.
Systems Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: None to speak of. It's very incomplete.

Vorteile: There isn't much it provides in terms of Managing Macs the same way other MDM providers do. I guess it works with SCCM, is probably the only thing good about it.

Nachteile: Not even close to an actual MDM for Managing Macs in mid to large enterprises. Update frequency is slow and not as frequent as Apple updates it's OS and software. Leaves much to be desired.