Über AVImark

Tierärzte entscheiden sich für AVImark, weil es einfach zu bedienen ist und von großem Wert ist. Der Cloud-Hybrid-Ansatz bietet Sicherheit und Komfort.

Erfahre mehr über AVImark

It is quite simple... and the CUSTOMER SERVICE is awesome if you cannot figure it out.

We try to avoid calling them unless we are desperate.

Bewertungen zu AVImark

4,0

AVImark hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 569 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du AVImark bereits verwendet?

Tim O.
Tim O.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

AVImark 10 year user

Kommentare: VCPR

The ease and multiple ways to do things.

Paying for support and having to write some of the reports I need.

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Stacy L.
DVM in USA
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Avimark - love, but no hate

Kommentare: Overall we are very happy with Avimark. tech support leaves something to be desired. We spend $100 to have tech support available & are often treated like we are bothering the technicians when we call - often have to call 4-5 times to get a proper answer.

Easy to use - very intuitive. Windows based.

Some very obvious defects: When you change a date in 1 patient's file, every other code for the rest of the day goes under that previous date - should default to current date when you switch to another patient's file. When one doctor is working on a patient & we go to another terminal, we have to select the doctor again - should default to the doctor who had already entered items that day .

vor 9 Monaten

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Jacqueline L.
Receptionist in USA

AVImark

4 letzten Monat Neu

I used avimark daily at my old veterinary clinic, it took some getting used to but once I was trained I loved it, the refill medications feature was extremely useful, I also liked that appointments on the schedule were color coordinated, everything is easy to access and it keeps a tab of recent clients and patients, appointments were easy to schedule.

The system just looked a little dated, but that was just cosmetically, otherwise I really liked the system.

letzten Monat

So happy you're having a great experience with AVImark. Thanks for leaving a review!

Sarah C.
vet in USA
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Would not purchase, do not recommend

I do not like this software. Its dated and slow and doesn't perform as well as other veterinary software products. I have used cornerstone and clientrax and both are significantly better. I would not have selected AVIMARK except that NVA made us take this software. The only real pro I can give is that it can handle the basics. We are not paperless, and I cannot imagine going paperless with this software as we have had repeated issues and we are not even using the medical record function.

Its terribly outdated. It looks like it rolled out in the 1980s. Its not user friendly. You cannot easily move appointments. Dragging and dropping is limited. You cannot copy and paste appointments. The screens open partially minimized so it takes an additional step just to go full screen. Its slow. I cannot view my labwork by clicking on the requisition even though I can see the first few lines, it will then disappear, requiring yet an additional series of steps to view it. I can go on, its a daily frustration using this software.

Rosemary P.
Practice Administrator in USA

Avimark User 30+ Years

Kommentare: Overall I feel that Avimark is a great program. It's ease of use is good. Beginners can pick up the basics easily. There are a lot of things that the system can do that many are not aware of. The ease of integration from one program to Avimark was pretty seamless.

Easily teachable. Easy integration. User friendly.

Not as easy to get "New" features added when suggested. I would like to see the online academy become part of the program as "basic" meaning I think that you would have way more practices wanting to have the system if this was available as a no charge portion of the system. Practices are constantly adding more staff, and the cost associated with the academy are not very cost effective for a practice to have year round. If this price was embedded in the purchase price and maybe just a minimal annual fee would be much easier for practices to want to continue this service.

Sherry T.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to learn, easy to use

Kommentare: Overall, I like Avimark much more than some of the other programs I've worked with. It also integrates with IDEXX and with Antech.

This program is very easy to convert to. My entire staff was able to function within a week of installing.

The inventory program is little limited compared to some other programs. Quantity discounts could use improvement.

Computer specialist/CSR in USA
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Very customizable and user friendly - once you get past the learning curve!

Kommentare: Overall it’s excellent. There are sometimes bugs with it (like suddenly not finding any pet named Bella, so you have to rebuild indexes) but for the most part, it works great. It is usually speedy, and it can do some really neat, helpful things.

All the information you need is in front of you - client, pet, reminders. And it is easy to make it do some really cool things, such as packages, creative reminders, documents attached to treatments or diagnoses, etc.

We switched to this software from Cornerstone, and that was one of the most difficult times in memory. I am very good with software, and it took me three weeks to feel comfortable with it. Some less proficient folks complained for more than a year! Six years later, and I still occasionally find things it will do that I didn’t know about.

Dawn R.
RVT Manager in Kanada

Review

Kommentare: Overall AVImark is a good program to run. There will never be a program that fits all the needs of every vet hospital out there but they give it a good try.

We have had AVImark for 15 + years. It is very user friendly for everyday uses. It is easy to move between different screens. We did not have any trouble moving our data from the previous program that we had.

We have a boarding area and the boarding scheduler could be improved. You cannot make boarding chart documents using the data in Avimark it all has to be written out by hand. Trying to make searches for data is complicated so I usually have to call into customer support for those. Most of the time they are very helpful in getting these set up, other times it take a while even for them to get the right search parameters set.

Heather D.
Veterinarian/Practice Owner in Kanada
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Avimark is user-friendly and effective

Avimark is quite easy to pick up on even for newer users. The scheduling and record-keeping areas integrate well. When working properly, it is very efficient.

Quite often we have glitches and error codes when using the software. Sometimes when contacting Avimark support, the technical support people are unsure how to help.

Ruth R.

AVImark needs an overhaul

Kommentare: Overall I've been underwhelmed with AVImark from the sale to implementation to support. If we didn't spend so much money on the hardware and software in the beginning of ownership we would have switched systems by now. I'm riding out the time until our server is near death before switching. Speaking of servers, we were sold an outdated server by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. And when our IT people noticed this issue I contacted Covetrus (formerly HS) and they said the sales rep had left, it was a different company then, and there was nothing they could do about it. Poor, poor service.

Inventory management is great if the time is taken to set up properly. The appointment calendar is useful. Worklists keep the staff together. There are a lot of useful aspects of the software but there are a lot of hoops to jump through to get there.

There are too many windows and options to click through before a change is effected. The fear of running updates because you will lose information or capabilities is real.

Jill E.
Office Manager in Kanada
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Avimark from a bookkeeping point of view

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have been operating with the system since 2006 and have never regretted the decision. We have added many software partners such as Rapport which has saved our staff so much time in reminders and follow ups as well as upgrading our communications. We are only limited by our own time and availability to use what is already available within the software.

The reporting capabilities of Avimark are endless. If there is a report your require it can be developed in the search fields. The standard reports are very adequate for reporting daily sales, doctor's revenue reporting, as well as tracking your revenue streams. Year end reports for inventory and annual sales are easily produced. The accounts receivables are always current and produce billing within the software. The capabilities of the software are actually only limited by the curiosity and capabilities of the people using it.

One of the features that is lacking or does not integrate well in Canada is the point of purchase providers. Due to the fact it is an American product the reporting and reconciliation experience I had when using their integrated POP was not successful. There are so many options for how you can use the medical condition but it has unlimited potential if the doctors have the time to set it up. It does take time to input but having said that once it is set up it is a huge time saver and it allows you to put in your preferred set of protocols.

Selena W.
Hospital Administrator in USA
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Thorough program for all veterinary needs

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Over the past 6 years of using this program our veterinary clinic has grown, and this software has expanded with us. Originally we only had a handful of computers, where as now we have almost 30 running the medical program. I love the ease of use, for our staff, which helped to improve efficiency. Our staff, can room a client, the doctor can see the patient medical records and put in charges in the room, and we can finalize and check out the client in the room. It has made the process easy to have the client in one space, with no confusion.

AVImark has helped our veterinary clinic by being able to create reports for statistics, keep in contact with our clients, and have thorough records. We have our in-house labs all where they 'talk' to AVImark, which is helpful for our doctors when talking with clients. When looking for a particular answer to a question, such as how many exotic pets did we see this year, or what doctor sees the most patients in a particular zip code, we can create a report for those answers. Over the past 6 years of using this program, there has only been a handful of reports that I could not create, which is spectacular for a numbers person! We have data at the tip of our fingers at any given point.

The integration and transfer of data from AVImark into Quickbooks can be a challenge at times. There are some payment forms that do not transfer out 'clean' into a Quickbooks file, that requires a little work on the back end, like care credit payments. In addition, we implemented AVImark originally for the improvement of our inventory, and set up an entire system with barcode. Although you can sell product like a typical point-of-sale system with the barcode scanner, on the Receiving-end you cannot receive inventory by utilizing a barcode, which still leaves room for errors.

Ben W.

22+ year user

Kommentare: Over all I have been very happy with Avimark operation. I was an early user in the DOS days and have continued to recommend it to other practices. I am concerned with Avimarks long term survival because of the coding limitations and that Covetrus has other PMS that compete against it. I'm not sure that Covetrus gives Avimark needs a priority and we feel we've seen a decrease in levels of support when they took over.

Avimark has been one of the most user friendly PMS I've worked with (worked with four other platforms). The ability to merge info from the PMS to a MSWORD document makes it so that all of the documents we sent out look clean and well formatted. Having all the information on one display is nice. Ability to search for a service or product by enter parts of it in the description is a handy search feature. The information search has a significant learning curve but is a great tool once you know how to use it. Report features are great. There are almost too many security options but ability to create different authorized groups is handy. Being able to run it on any station and not require a new license for every station is great. The Sidekick feature looks great and was handy the couple times I worked with it. The options that the More Stuff fields give you for collecting and charting data is handy and make for clean looking records.

The difficulty for the program to evolve because of its coding is disappointing. It's network dependence and hiccups that happen on wifi is disappointing. Inability to attach documents other than doc files to treatments/inventory is less than ideal when many of the handouts we have are pdfs. With one of the most recent reminder upgrades the ability to modify them has been restricted.

Cynthia W.
Veterinarian in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Avimark is gold standard

Kommentare: We use Avimark for daily transactions , histories and records, information search. It has some things I would like better, but all in all it is quite functional and relatively easy to use.

Avimark is a time proven software for the veterinary industry. It is quite functional for the industry, whether a small or large clinic, few employees or many.

I don't like the information search. I don't consider it user friendly. I am also not in favor of the new Avimark Guardian and having to do a backup through that program instead of within Avimark. For me, about half the time, I am having to restart the computer because the process disconnects the database. I routinely use Quickbooks and I think they are perhaps the most user friendly for information search, database, and ease of back up. Perhaps Avimark could work towards that goal. I think the quarterly fee for support is a little high. We have 2 full time employees and one part time and as far as I know, I am paying the same price for large clinics. Also, the lack of ability to get into an invoice (when you purchase from vendors) once it is closed is annoying. Sometimes, it needs editing and you simply can't get to it.

Jessica M.
Hospital Administrator in USA
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid system, but definitely a little behind in features

Kommentare: As a mixed animal hospital, Avimark seems to be more superior for large animal use/features than competing systems. It also is a super easy to use system despite lacking in some truly beneficial features.

-Best system for equine/large animal practices. -Easy for employees to learn/use as system is fairly basic. -Tech support is fast and knowledgeable.

-One of the biggest ways we recognize clients are by their pets. Highly disappointing that the appointment calendar only displays Client name, patient name, abbreviation for species and reason for visit. It would be optimal for it to display the Breed as that allows the receptionist to quickly know who the client is who is checking in. -Measurements in inventory only go out 2 decimal points - needs to be greater. -Only allows for 2 price breaks in an inventory item - wished it allowed for more. -Estimate feature needs overhaul - confusing that it does not show/reflect range per line item. It only lumps a range total at bottom of estimate. Also, you cannot email estimates directly out of the system (like you can records). You have to save it to your computer and then email it out of your regular email system. -Does not have a prescription refill count down feature. -You can only book a patient reservation straight through one run/kennel in the system versus being able to maximize by taking advantage of space where another animal may be leaving or coming at a different time. -Some of the most common report searches a clinic would use to track compliance/performance are not prebuilt in the system. You have to have a custom search set up, which requires tech support nearly all the time because they are too complex to build on your own. -Despite same telephone and/or same address, does not always recognize a duplicate client.

Devon F.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly but needs a bit more optimization/customization capabilities

Kommentare: Overall we have had a decent experience with AVImark. AVImark support has always been polite, though occasionally some have said certain things cannot be done that we are later told can be done from another team member. The staff are always polite though and we appreciate their assistance. The program, though it still has its faults, is user friendly and certainly has a lot of potential.

It is user friendly in most aspects compared to other software programs I have used in veterinary practices.

There are a few features that my staff and doctors over the years of using it have brought to my attention. One of the biggest issues is the medical condition and how it is viewed in the patient's chart. The fact that there isn't a way to easily view the doctors' notes from the most recent visits has led us to not yet convert to being paper lite. With paper records a doctor can quickly glance at the most recent notes from other doctors/themselves to familiarize themselves with a case. At this time in AVImark from what we can tell we have to manually find the line item where the medical condition is listed and then open that fully for each separate visit. If there was the option to have those notes be in read only view from the chronological page or a different page that would be extremely helpful. Additionally if there was a way to, from the software, submit a bug or error report. With the ability to include a screenshot or something similar this would be much more convenient than having to call in to the support desk each time. Lastly if there was a way to track changes made within AVImark to the calendar this would be incredibly helpful. Being able to look and see who moved an appointment, or where it was previously scheduled would be excellent for busy practices when there's a lot of people on the schedule at any given time.

Ericka M.

Great! User Friendly!

Kommentare: It is great. I can have just one program for appointments and client data for grooming, pet sitting and dog walking.

How it logs the pets and the owners names. Easy to access and log in data of sales and appointments.

It is a bit much as price goes. Although you get what you pay for. I was able to have all the services I have in just one program.

Antwort von Covetrus

Thank you for your review, Ericka. It's great to see a unique business perspective. If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!

Sue M.
PRESIDENT in USA

AVIMARK FAN

Kommentare: I mostly enjoy not having to daily trouble shoot avimark as we did with our former software company. I also like not having paper files- (buying the supplies, making the files, filing the files, finding the files when they were mis filed, etc...)

We switched to avimark several years ago. I was reluctant because of the fear of training 20 employees but fortunately at the time we had several employees who were familiar with the soft ware and the transition wasnt as difficult as Ii was expecting. We are paper lite and enjoy having all our medical notes, attachments and lab results imported into the software. We have off site back up so no worry about losing all our data with computer crash.

We have had times where support is busy and can't help us resolve an issue immediately.

Michael M.
DVM/Owner in USA

Avimark pros and cons

Kommentare: Overall I have been happy with Avimark but recent lapses in service have been concerning.

Cost and ease of use. We utilize many functions and have been paperless for about 10 years. Customer support is usually good. Started using Rapport recently also for text and email reminders.

There have been several episodes lately where the software goes down and we can’t get into Avimark for work. Recently had to restore from a backup to get it to work. It seems these problems are getting worse. Computer searches are also more difficult than they should be.

Antwort von Covetrus

Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Mawhorter! We're happy to have you as a loyal customer for the last 10 years and I hope you are enjoying your Rapport subscription. The episodes with AVImark going down is very concerning to us as well. Our team thoroughly investigates every outage to determine root-cause and finds resolutions to avoid additional downtime. I'll send over your feedback on computer searches to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

Tinaza Z.
LVT CCRP in USA

User friendly but thorough

Kommentare: We were able to become paperless and do away with paper charts.

It is very easy to use. It is windows based therefore it is easy to train new people to use. There are multiple ways to search for client/patient info. Reports are easy to run. White board makes keeping track of patients and patient plans easy. Entering line items is easy and you can enter inventory in thto the line item. When scheduling, you can change colors to help keep track of appointment types. You can create canned notes in the glossary to make note keeping easy. It is easy to create canned estimates and post them into the chart. Employees have to sign in therefore you have a trail to keep track of who has done what. You can create word documents and have the client/patient information autofilled which makes discharge instructions easy.

The customer service is not as available and user friendly as they could be. Fortunately we don't have to call very often. The only con in regards to software, is that you cannot time stamp the posting time to know when a client checked out.

Antwort von Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Thanks for your feedback and review, TinaZa! We agree with the multitude of ways you listed that makes AVImark easy to use and customizable to your practice. We're happy to hear you and your team are benefiting from the flexibility of our system. We're always working to improve everything from the solutions we offer to the Teams you speak with when you're in need of Support. We appreciate you raising both the positives and negatives of your experience with us. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Kathleen J.

Used it since it was DOS based in the early '90's

Kommentare: I miss it so much every day I make my new boss mad I repeatedly tell her, we are switching, it is a matter of WHEN.

Most cost effective software to buy. If you price out the annual support fees it will pay for itself in 5 years over Cornerstone. (I keep pushing for it at my new office) FEATURE RICH. Requires thorough reading of the manual to truly see all the features and I suggest going to different paperless offices to see how folks use all the features. Best features I miss now that I have been at a Cornerstone office for 5 years: the right click WHO GOT, you can go anywhere to any service and item and see at a glance who used this item recently, not run a sales report. HUGE help. Next editing their item lists, can do a whole category at a time, can hit next over and over. Very helpful. Lastly LISTS, we used them constantly for interoffice communication and managing labs and medical records. Not part of Avimark but it integrates with NetNotes. That is an ap that worked with AVImark that made paperless message taking a dream. REALLY WORTH BUYING THE NETWORKING FEATURE

Need a really smart IT professional to set it up right. I managed the LAN for 2-3 years on my own and it gave me problems, because I am NOT a professional. Once we got someone in that KNEW their stuff (an IBM network problem solver for over a decade) we got a LINUX server and had 16 systems with a huge monitor white board. Never went down, rarely had problems, but a good IT guy needs to be figured into your budget. Not really a CON but Vets are famous for DIY. Upgrades tend to be glitchy, since the very beginning. There is no way for them to be able to test their software on all our crazy network setups, so you'll get 6 new awesome features and 1-3 things you have to wait for them to patch and fix. Drove me crazy for a while and then just became something I planned for. Worth it in the end. Rebuild whenever I needed an accurate inventory. If you haven't invested in their sequel server version, it just has to be done, nice thing was I COULD DO IT, I didn't have to call support to do so. If you have an amazing server it takes very little time. Ideally use networked printers. Cornerstone it is an obligation not an option. Not intuitive, requires learning, the context menus are so vast (read feature rich) it really takes a while to pick up.

Antwort von Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Thank you, Kathleen, for your review. We hope you get to join the AVImark family of users again!

Judith C.
Lead Client Services Representative in USA

Easy to use Avimark

Kommentare: Overall our clinic is very happy with how easy it is to use Avimark, and how reliable the software is. We feel confident that when we need support we will get a definitive answer ( even if not the answer we hoped for ).
We plan to go paperless this year and have looked into the you tube videos and experimented with the shortcut keys. We feel confident that we will be able to transition effectively with the Avimark support to assist when needed.

I didn't have anyone to train me beyond the very basics of Avimark. I found that I could navigate and explore the features better than I expected. The software is intuitive. I also found that if you make a mistake, it is easy to fix. Some of the best things I use are the shortcut keys (F2 Refill, F4 Remove, etc.), however the very best feature of Avimark is the Customer Service support. I have called for a variety of situations and the support team is patient, knowledgeable and always willing to help.

A frustrating feature is that in order to perform a Who Got? (search for everyone who got whatever service or item), you have to know at least one client that got that service or item. Not as useful as it could be! Also, our clinic wants to add another credit card machine but that would require 2 closeouts at the end of the night. There is no way to flag Initials or a terminal to one cc reader and likewise to the second cc reader. That feature would be very useful and I don't understand why that is not an option.

Great Program with Awesome support in USA

AviMark is fantastic

Kommentare: I cannot complain, AviMark has been wonderful for myself, and my co-workers.

There are so many things that I like about AviMark. I have worked in several Veterinary Clinics throughout the years, and have had experience with several different programs. AviMark has the most diverse capabilities by far. I love how it has the ability to connect with all of our different laboratory equipment (especially Idexx). getting all of the test results listed on AviMark makes life so much simpler. We do not have to manually insert all of our patients results. AviMark also has been wonderful when it comes to product and medication stocking. All we have to do it monitor it through the software and we can tell when it is time to order more supplies. As long as we are doing things properly we do not run out of important things that we need as a Veterinary practice.

There really is not much to dislike about the software. It can take a bit to learn, and training new employees can take some time. But I have found it that being hands on with the software and just clicking things is the best way to learn it.

Antwort von Covetrus

Thank you for the kind feedback. We are happy to have you! I'm glad that you are enjoying the bi-directional lab integrations, we're always looking to make our practices more efficient! If you ever have any questions, concerns, or additional feedback please don't hesitate to email us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.

Marshall K.

Avimark

Kommentare: I like Avimark very much. Has been a great transition from Intravet.

Simple to use, especially going paperless. The ability to print a requisition by applying a charge to account.

I wish you could E-Mail an estimate from the system. It would also be nice if you could hover over an appointment and see type of pet, weight, age, ect. I hope the disconnect between Avimark and Care Credit it resolved soon, Has a glitch every time you print a Care Credit Receipt.

Jeffrey S.
Veterinarian in USA

Avimark - 7 years experience

Kommentare: We're generally satisfied with avimark. Relatively intuitive, but not flexible. Would recommend, but I would prefer if there was a better product available on the market.

Transitioning to Avimark from a payroll system was good, we were able to get the data transferred and see what it looked like before making the change. 3 years ago we transitioned from paper files to a "paper-lite" system and generally we're pleased. I wouldn't say I know of a better system available.

It is a system that is bloated and relatively non-flexible. You need to conform to it. Generally you get what you want and it works, but if it doesn't work, they won't change to software to meet you. Case in point - our pharmacy labels don't print the correct weight for the patient. Avimark is aware of the problem, but cannot fix it.