Adaptability and value. After a year and half, we are very happy and satisfied with the program.

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Sandra B.

Vorteile: Best features are flexibility, value and service. Pet care is very often a small business that is highly individualized. Having a program that can be purchased in sections (boarding, daycare, grooming) and then having a good amount of flexibility within the program to adapt to each business is a good thing. The entire program is a good value and can be purchased outright with just service as an annual investment. The service is outstanding and responsive.

Nachteile: The manual is the weakest. The manual is there as well as "help on this page". However, the help index rarely seems to actually help and most explanations are brief. Sometimes you need the long version!

von Software Revolutions an 17.5.2018

Thanks for your great review Sandra, we really value having you as a customer and appreciate your suggestions which are always helpful :-).

PetLinx....... in a word GREAT!

Bewertet am 1.12.2019
Anne H.
Owner Partner
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software is a reliable and easy to use product and, we believe, good value for money. It will take a lot to beat it.

Vorteile: Easy to use, clear instructions, easy to transition to, fabulous timely personal support, and not a "static" product - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team continue to improve, build and refine the software to include wants and needs of its users.

Nachteile: I would love more financial type reports without having to upload to my accounting programme.

von Software Revolutions an 3.12.2019

Thanks so much Anne, it's been our pleasure to have you as our customer :-)

Functional pet hotel software.

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Rebecca V.
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The software makes my administration easier, especially for the accounting part. It saves time and money.

Nachteile: I find the forms and documents very difficult to adjust and almost impossible to design yourself. Customized forms are very expensive for small businesses. I try to come by with the available forms, but they are often not optimal for my business.
As I only use the pet hotel part there are frequent updates that are of no use to me and in that case the yearly fee for updates and service is quite expensive for the use I get out of it.

von Software Revolutions an 8.5.2019

Thank you for your review Rebecca! We're glad it's making a positive difference for your business. I believe you're referring to customizing the built-in reports, for which we supply a report editor. While it is a full-featured tool with a ton of features, to do common tasks like add/remove fields or change fonts or labels it is quite simple to do. We'll be happy to give you a quick training session on using it if you like?
As you use the boarding module there will be some updates that only contain grooming or daycare related fixes. In these cases you can choose to not install these updates.
Dank je :-)

Excellent Software for Pet Boarding Facility

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
Michael N.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are very satisfied. One of the best things about this company is how responsive they are to support needs. They know that your business depends on their software working and if you encounter a problem they respond quickly and get things running again.

Vorteile: Very easy to learn and use. Highly customizable.

Nachteile: Pretty much does everything we need. We did contract (pay) to add some minor features when we first bought this software.

von Software Revolutions an 3.12.2019

Thanks for your great review Mike, we're very happy to have supported you over the years!

There are a lot of updates that could be & someone in the industry should be consulted

Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Pet Grooming

Kommentare: used as our schedule for bookings

Vorteile: layout and colorful design and ability to add multiple employees to the calendar as well as the right click and drop down boxes i also like that it integrates so well with cayan also the ability to make dtailed groom notes on every dog

Nachteile: unable to split tips between a bather and groomer on the same transaction a handful of technical glitches and i feel like an industry professional should be consulted on future updates

von Software Revolutions an 6.11.2017

As this reviewer has chosen to keep their details private we can't verify that they are an actual customer, but it does appear suspicious and we have asked Capterra to remove it. A strange comment that we need to consult an "industry professional", we would like to think our customers that we interact with on a daily basis are industry professionals :-)

PetLinx for Dog Groomers

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Stella V.
Pet Stylist
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PetLinx have saved me so much time on administration. It's very user friendly and if I travel, I simply make a back-up from my desktop computer and I can still book clients on my laptop. I won't use any other software.

Vorteile: PetLinx is really easy to use. What I like most about this software is the fast variety of jobs I can do with it. It reschedules the appointment times to my customer's individual needs; I can enter as much information on each dog as I need to. It's truly a GREAT system and makes my admin so much better

Nachteile: I cannot find anything that I don't like about this software.

von Software Revolutions an 23.7.2019

Thank you so much for your awesome review Stella!

Good handling missing features

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Jenniefer H.
SEO
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good experience

Vorteile: The easy handling and overview and design

Nachteile: Missing features accountancy part incomplete, editing formulars are troo complicated

von Software Revolutions an 18.11.2019

Thanks for your review Jennifer. While we provide many financial reports for you to choose from, we do not set out to be a complete accounting system competing with the likes of Quickbooks or Xero. We'll be happy to help you with editing formulas on your reports, for most simple calculations it's quite easy to do.

Software

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
Dawn B.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall is very good. Again, much better than the old software I used. Love that I get lots of updates.

Vorteile: I didn't see a option for Pet Groomer so I chose Veterinarian. However, we are groomers here. I use a lof of newer functions I did not have on my old software. One is a reminder of the customer's last groom and they love getting that.

Nachteile: When I chose the name of the groomer who groomed the dog, I wish that name would automatically go on the invoice also.

von Software Revolutions an 5.12.2019

Thanks you for your great review Dawn! BTW our standard invoice template does show the groomer on it. You may have customized the invoice in the past and inadvertently removed this, in any case get in touch with our support team and we'll help you get this back on :-)

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Rick A.
OWNER
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had nothing but great experiences with this software and customer service.

Vorteile: The software really helps us organize the crazy task of booking dog grooms. We are a busy store and it helps make it easier.

Nachteile: It can be hard to train new staff with this software.

von Software Revolutions an 9.10.2019

Thank you Rick, it's rewarding to know you appreciate our software and customer service which we pride ourselves on.

Business owner

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Diane O.
Kennel owner
Animation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent to deal with

Vorteile: Easy to move around from screen to screen

Nachteile: I have. O issues with the software works and suits our business

von Software Revolutions an 9.10.2019

Thank you Diane, we're glad to have you as our customer :-)

The best for your business

Bewertet am 1.9.2016
Brian M.
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After downloading all the demos for all the software out there, we looked at speed and ease to use. Petlinx was by far the best all around software out there. When we noticed a quirk in the software we emailed them about it and they fixed it within days, we had not bought the software at this point. They are quick to listen to our concerns and suggestions to improve and implement them. So in 2005 we purchased Petlinx and have seen the product improve, grow and expand just as our business has grown. You can now have multiple locations from a single database and have centralized booking with the network edition. All the reports and letters that can be printed out can be totally customized to meet our needs. Through the years we have pushed this software to see what it can do as we have grown and it has always done the job for us. We are looking forward to see what's in the future for Petlinx. We do highly recommend this software to everyone.

Vorteile: The ability to see your day in the calendar and to be able to just drag and drop appointments between groomer and even between days is important. There are reports for just about everything. Easy to use. Very quick tech support.

Nachteile: The retail end is a little lacking - but they are working on improving that as of the time of this review.

von Software Revolutions an 1.9.2016

Thanks for the great review Brian! We've appreciated having you on board for all these years and value your suggestions and know-how greatly. P.S free demo is for 30 days :-)

Simple, stable and reliable !

Bewertet am 19.6.2016
Gingat F.
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were looking for a simple but modern software for our boarding,
we live in France and we found many sharewares, many outdated softwares that use old technology and without support.
Then we tried PetLinx, we we're a little afraid to use an US program because US is not our main language but we were pleased to see that a French translation is provided.
Installation is really easy and the software is updated regulary, really simple to use but powerfull, without fancy gadgets that may overload the software.

Vorteile: -Updates, this software is updated regulary
-Tech support is really fast and open to suggestions to improve the software
-Really stable
-Simple and fast to use, i can add a new client and reservation in less than 1mn
-Report builder is powerfull
-Full demo version available

Nachteile: -French translation can be better (but useable)
-The main view (calendar) may be more customisable (eg box1,box2 with blue background color, box3,box4 with green background color ..)

von Software Revolutions an 19.6.2016

Merci beaucoup Florent! We really appreciate your great review, and are glad you have found PetLinx to your liking. French is not our first language so please feel free to send through details to us of where the translation is not quite right, and we will get it fixed. Merci encore :-)

Petlinx AAA+++

Bewertet am 13.9.2016
Gail M.
Business Owner/Pet Groomer
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started using Petlinx 2 or 3 in 2008, after a rocky start due to my lack of knowledge of computers and how they work I found Petlinx staff to be most helpful and always fast to respond to my questions and problems. I have just upgraded to Petlinx 5 and couldn't be happier, Having Petlinx in my salon has made a huge difference to my workload with me being able to download reports for my accountant as well as day to day tasks, stocktake is much easier as well, I love it:)

Vorteile: Easy to use, upgrades fix little things as the program evolves

Nachteile: I would like to be able to delete or move a vendor or vet, for example if they close down or are no longer required into a seperate file so that the lists are showing currently used/needed entries

von Software Revolutions an 13.9.2016

Thanks very much for your great review Gail, we've appreciated having you as a customer all these years and trust we'll have many more! We've added you suggestion into our to-do list.

Petlinx software review

Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Donna R.
owner, stylist
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Modernization of bookkeeping with the grooming, able to keep accurate records of pets/owners. Overall extremely pleased.

Vorteile: I like the different modules taylored specifically suit my industry, which is pet grooming. It (the program) is highly customizable and has many reports that also can be modified to suit an indiviual business needs as well as integrate with your financial programs such as quickbooks. Customer service is outstanding.

Nachteile: It is a little difficult or at least for me to modify some of the reports, if not comfortable with computer programs, but there are tutorials and support that is more than willing to walk someone through it.

von Software Revolutions an 2.1.2019

Thank you for your great review Donna! Yes the Report Designer enables you to customize any report and can take a bit of learning to use it to it's full potential, but we're always here to help.

The program does more than I had hoped for.

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Ray M.
Pet Boarding Facility Owner
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been operating a successful boarding facility for 18 years with a database that we long ago outgrew. As my husband is an ex-computer engineer, we were reluctant to switch because we 'knew' that with any change of computer systems problems follow. Not so with PetLinx. I introduced PetLinx into our very busy business on the 1st January, so that I could link it with the financial quarter. So from day one, we made the program work hard and it hasn't let us down. We have found an astounding number of ways to make PetLinx aid us to save time, keep our customers informed and get on on top of repetition in the office. No more accidental overbooking, forgetting to get a deposit, forgetting to charge for a requested bath - or worse still, not doing a paid for a bath. Last night I even realized it could assist with a revamp of our fire evacuation plan for our pets. I believe that I have yet to reach the potential of this program. In addition, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the excellent customer service I have received. Trust a kiwi to be unfailingly kind, patient and always follow through. I requested quite a few changes in the program to meet our needs and each was done in a professional and timely manner. Thanks, heaps. We look forward to a long and enjoyable journey with PetLinx. Keep up the great work.

Vorteile: The flexibility.

von Software Revolutions an 31.1.2017

Wow, what an awesome review Ray - we're lucky to have YOU as a customer! It's been a real pleasure dealing with you and we're glad our little changes have made all the difference for you. Here's to many more years ahead :-)

Pampered Puppies Review

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Jeff M.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very good experience. Like the fact that you have the option of purchasing the software instead of being forced to have a monthly subscription.

Vorteile: I like the ease of making bookings, adding new clients, and adding their pets.

Nachteile: It would be nice if there was a way to create an invoice or ticket for services or items purchased without having to create a boarding invoice. As it stands now it is difficult or impossible to modify an invoice after completion. We have clients pay at time of drop off. Sometimes after they have paid they may decide they want some of our extras or have forgotten to add something.

von Software Revolutions an 5.3.2019

Thanks for your review Jeff. You can use the "Retail Sales" section of an invoice to charge a customer without creating a booking. And we will soon be enhancing the invoicing system to relax the rules around modifying an existing invoice, to make it easier to adjust charges :-).

Petlinx. A user friendly, practical and multi functional database.

Bewertet am 25.9.2016
Alan G.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used Petlinx for many years after using the trial period. It has become and extremely useful tool for our business and has stood up to the growth that our company has experienced without failure. We have found the platform very easy to use and training our staff to use the system has always been easy. The regular updates are excellent and keep the program up to speed. Support is reliable, although its great to be able to say that its not often that it is required as the program runs so well it there is little need for the assistance!

Vorteile: Ease of use, fast navigation. Easy to train staff to use system. No limits to database records

Nachteile: Hard to say. Not a lot!

von Software Revolutions an 26.9.2016

Thanks Alan, we really appreciate having you as our customer for the last 8+ years and look forward to many more!

Petlinx software review

Bewertet am 2.12.2018
Nicole R.
Cattery owner
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PetLinx has enabled us to reduce our paper-based records; we can now generate pen cards with all the information we require. Support (when rarely required) has been timely and effective.

Vorteile: The cost; the fact the system can be configured by the end user; the features.

Nachteile: Reports are tricky to tailor when you are not familiar with report writing/configuration. Some of the payment/invoicing processes don't match our business model.

von Software Revolutions an 4.12.2018

Thanks for your review Nicole, we're glad PetLinx has made a positive difference to your business. Yes using the Report Editor can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it as there is so much you can do with it, but we're always happy to help out when needed :-).

First class software and support, and it has consistently met all my needs for running my business.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Hayley S.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes my life so much easier, try organising 16 kennels on a daily basis without it when customers are constantly changing dates, no thanks give me Petlinx any day.

Vorteile: The developer is constantly updating and improving the software. If I have a problem the response is first rate, especially given the time difference, NZ - UK. It meets all my needs in terms of kennel allocation, invoicing and accounts management.

Nachteile: I cannot change the margins when I am printing a hard copy of the calendar. Inconsequential really in the big scheme of things.

von Software Revolutions an 29.5.2018

Thank you Hayley, we're grateful to have you and Lincoln Lane Kennels on board with us :-)

Great customer support

Bewertet am 28.1.2017
Donna R.
owner, stylist
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Always a prompt response and takes suggestions into consideration and often implements it into next update. Thank you

Vorteile: The information available at a glance and ability to customize.

Nachteile: I am not really familiar with HTML code and this program allows to customize forms but I am not able to do that yet, although there is videos available to help..

von Software Revolutions an 28.1.2017

Thanks for your great review Donna! The Report Designer that you're referring to doesn't use HTML code, it uses a point, click and drag interface similar to something like Microsoft PowerPoint. We'll be happy to help you this if you need further assistance.

Quality and Customer Service

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Andrew P.
Systems Analyst
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: PetLinx provides three versions of installation: stand-alone, networked or cloud. We required the network version to take care of our pet boarding facility. This product met those needs perfectly. I also cannot say enough about the quality, professional and courteous service we received during our evaluation, installation and customization of PetLinx. One of the few software products that we have purchased that met or exceeded all of our requirements.

Vorteile: The quality of the software is most impressive and their customer service exceeded my expectations. The product was new to me and I needed a little help in doing the network install. They answered every question I had in a timely fashion and even arranged a screen sharing session to help with the install. I also had one particular item that I wanted on a report that I was customizing which required changes to the software in order to accommodate my needs and I was completely surprised at how fast those changes were done and made available in the next update of the software.

Nachteile: At this point, I really don't have anything negative to say about the product.

von Software Revolutions an 20.3.2019

Thanks for your awesome review Andrew! We've been happy to help you get up and running and glad our system is making a positive impact in your facility.

Petlinx is very easy to use and easy to learn. Everything is very organized and easy to find.

Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Brianna S.
Assistant Manager

Kommentare: Being able to customize the software for what we need at our shop.

Vorteile: What we like most about this software is that we can set it up the way we like it to be. If there are ever any issues it is very easy to get a hold of people at Petlinx to get help. It is a very straightforward program and it is very easy to learn how to do stuff.

Nachteile: The thing we like least is that we got the second software for our second computer at our shop and the second software is always having issues when we're trying to use it. We haven't tried to get help with fixing it yet because we have stopped using the second computer for now.

von Software Revolutions an 3.11.2017

Hi Brianna, thanks for your great review we've enjoyed having Dapper Dogs onboard as a valued customer! Feel free to get in touch when you're ready so we can find out what's going on with your second computer, it may simply be a problem with your local network.

Software that helps make my job easier!!

Bewertet am 1.7.2017
Scott H.
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of scheduling and a nice neat package to hold and store client information

Vorteile: There really isn't much that I don't like, so I would have to say that I like everything about the software, however I feel the customer support is top notch.

Nachteile: There is still glitches here and there through out the software. Most of them have work arounds, so it's never been a huge issue. One MAJOR thing I would like to see implemented, would be the ease of changing a client's information unknowingly. By using the FIND search option to find clients, if not careful, one can accidently change the client's info instead of completing a search.

von Software Revolutions an 2.7.2017

Thanks for your great review Scott, we're glad to have you as our customer! BTW to prevent changing client's details by accident, you may want to turn on the "Confirm before editing a record" setting in System Options. Thanks again :-0

Mobile Pet Grooming

Bewertet am 17.7.2017
Jenna L.

Kommentare: The ability to manage my business, keep calendar in sync.

Vorteile: The application is easy to follow, somewhat idiot proof, a bit more than we really need and some parts we don't use.

Nachteile: I would prefer to update records immediately, in some cases that's not easy, when I reopen the application there are generally allot of updates to close out.

von Software Revolutions an 18.7.2017

Thanks for your review Jenna, I'm not sure what areas you are referring to in the cons section but please feel free to get in touch with us so you can explain further :-).

Pet friendly!

Bewertet am 7.8.2016
Susan C.
Owner / Operator
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I find Petlinx very easy to use and have been very impressed with the updates that appear after we have flagged a feature that we would like to see added in. The support has been fantrastic from Laurence and his team!

Vorteile: Keeps an easy record of all the relevant information we require

Nachteile: When printing daycare lists, they are not in alphabetical order for the dogs names!

von Software Revolutions an 7.8.2016

Thanks Susan, we love having you as a customer :-). With regards to the Daycare Lists, remember you can customize any report in PetLinx and change the sort order.