I use this software quit often and find it to be very user friendly and easy.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Christine B.
Engineering Technician III

Kommentare: Makes my job more efficient.

Vorteile: I didn't have to do a lot of set up for entering data. Everything is in the manor in which it should be for me (like units, etc.) It prints out reports the way I want them.

Nachteile: I don't have a stand alone program. It's just through AutoCAD. I am not sure if it is available through stand alone now. We used to have it that way. I like that better. Sometimes the picture of the pond prints off out of place and the letting is too small.

von HydroCAD Software Solutions an 29.8.2018

Thanks for the review. Please note that HydroCAD has always been a stand-alone Windows application. Although we have the ability to import watershed data from AutoCAD, HydroCAD always runs as a separate stand-alone program and does not require AutoCAD.

intuitive software to deal with complex systems

Bewertet am 18.2.2018
Julio a R.

Kommentare: The benefit I get is to do my hydraulics work, recommending solutions that have a support through the reports of network calculations, easy to visualize and that the clients and municipal officials can easily understand

Vorteile: What I like most is that it deals with complex hydraulic systems through simple mechanisms, easy to visualize and identify in the hydraulic network that is being designed. In the same way, the application handles quantities like flow of entrance, exit and allowed storage, excellent and practical designing tool

Nachteile: What I like the least is that the design of hydraulic networks there are elements of flow control that make the network more efficient, however, hydrocad does not have an element that identifies it, for example valves or gates

Hydrographs no longer by hand

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Julia M.
Landscape architect
Architektur & Planung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Stormwater management plans in compliance with national polution discharge elimination (npdes) law.

Vorteile: Industry standard for stormwater analysis and design..

Nachteile: Just such a bugger to use... the graphics are odd

Can't complain, not too flashy but great where it counts

Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Trisha D.

Kommentare: I used HydroCAD for one of my Civil Engineering classes in college. I like that it treats designs realistically, for example, if a building is not fully or functionally shaped, the software shows weird designs (great feedback).

Cad Review for Promat

Bewertet am 4.4.2017
James R.

Kommentare: Used software for about 1 month helping customer with a project. The software was easy to use. I found the commands simple and easy to understand

Great program if I could grasp it.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Highway Design Engineer
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Kommentare: Very accurate and a great way to store information.

Vorteile: Has a lot of things you can do. Used it for a stormwater detention basin and it did a great job at calculating water flows.

Nachteile: It was very hard to understand. But maybe if I specialized in hydraulics instead of roads/structures I would understand it more.

This program definitely has great features and functions for the job.

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Jean K.
Contract Designer

Vorteile: It can handle very complex systems which makes this an excellent program for design. Also, great tool for hydraulic calculations.

Nachteile: This program is specific on how reports are printed. Can be a little cluttered and complicated to read. Ability for 3D design would be greatly appreciated.

von HydroCAD Software Solutions an 29.8.2018

Thanks for the review, but based on your company name I suspect you're thinking of HydraCAD fire protection software, which is a product of another company. We are HydroCAD Stormwater Modeling.