Excellent replacement for BOM tool plus additional PLM features

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Stephen H.
VP Engineering / CTO
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I needed to move from a desktop tool to one that provides my whole organization, including international service partners, access to bill-of-material information. I also needed some more rigor behind the release process that has approvals and checks to ensure we carefully consider changes that we make. This tool has provided all of this and more. It's simple enough for our service partners to use to find part information and powerful enough for the engineers and operations folks to handle BOM adjustments, releases, builds and ordering.

Vorteile: I am using this to replace an older BOM tool (Parts & Vendors) which was EOL'ed. This tool is much more comprehensive and was clearly designed by someone that has managed BOMs. This enables me to have multiple revisions and release updates of any parts and/or parts lists to my manufacturer, store all details about a part with the part and also link to outside suppliers like Mouser, DigiKey and information sources like Octopart. The interface is crisp and clean and easy to use. For the most part, anything I've wanted to do, I've found an easy way to do it and been pleased with the results.

Nachteile: Some aspects of the software are "clicky." For example, after importing a BOM I found that I needed to update a number of parts and it can take a lot of clicks to do the update. There are ways after an import to circumvent the revisioning process -- which is necessary -- but I need to type in a password for each change I make, for example. I would prefer a way to put it in some sort of Admin mode and just go to town. This is really a minor nit and for the most part the interface and capabilities are very clean, crisp and clear.

PLM and MRP in one!

Bewertet am 25.1.2020
Jared W.
Unterhaltungselektronik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team handle support emails like champs. They're consistently releasing new software updates. If you're on the market for PLM + MRP you should look into Aligni!

Vorteile: Aligni has the right amount of features and functionality to get the job done. I've used it to track production products. I've also used it to track open source projects. It handles both the PLM aspect of things and the MRP (Material requirements planning) aspects as well. That way I know what's in my inventory and what I need to purchase for an upcoming build. (Invaluable!)

Nachteile: To be honest, the learning curve is a bit high. You need to have an idea of how you want to organize your item master. Adding more items and categories can be painful. Adding items, especially if you're coming from another system can be tedious. Once it's set up though, it's like night and day!

Pays for itself every week single week

Bewertet am 24.1.2020
Adam N.
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support is A+. Features are A++. This software is very well thought out and unique in how they have broken down the problem of managing configurations and multi-level BOM's

Vorteile: This system makes quoting a multi-level BOM a breeze. It solves the problem of generating an RFQ when each line item has different distributors. It creates a custom RFQ for each distributor.

Nachteile: There are a lot of great features and sometimes the answers are not where i would expect to find them in the self help.