Über SolidWorks Enterprise PDM

Verwalte Produktdaten, tausche Konstruktionsdaten aus, automatisiere Arbeitsabläufe und verbessere die Zusammenarbeit zwischen Konstruktion und Fertigung.

Erfahre mehr über SolidWorks Enterprise PDM

Only thing probably bothers me most is the no backwards compatibility exist on the software lineup from SW.

Bewertungen zu SolidWorks Enterprise PDM

3,8
3,9

SolidWorks Enterprise PDM hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 72 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SolidWorks Enterprise PDM bereits verwendet?

Zeynel A.
Zeynel A.
Engineer in Türkei
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

The best asistant for a draughtsman

Kommentare: Solidworks is really simple yet highly functional software. I use it for designing, analyzing machines or machines element. And time to time, I enjoy trying to implement my ideas on creating new machine design and see if it could operate as I imagine.

+ It is easy to learn and fun to use + It satisfies almost everything a modeller need such as, drawing, assembling, disassembling, animation and analyzing. + It has really useful tools to help user make modelling fast, effective and authentic way. + Interface design leave no room for messed up workspace

- It's very expensive and system requirements are high.. especially for those who are dealing with comparatively simpler projects. - Error messages can be far from being clear and helpful.

Senior Business Analyst in USA
201-500 Mitarbeiter

A complete business rev control and process management system

Kommentare: Rev control, file management, business process management, ease of use.

The greatest advantage to this software is the level of customization that is possible. I have developed the workflow tool in our business to support not only Engineering-centric processes - but also Quality, Operations and even Purchasing/Accounting processes are supported.

Some elements of the development interface take a little patience and a bit of getting used to. There are several dialog boxes in the development area that don't support copy and paste, or select all (Ctrl+A), etc. You get used to working around these elements, but I'd like to see these features added.

Eric H.
General Manager - Finance in UK
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Keeping Our CAD Files Up to Date and In One Place

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: This has been a great additional to our SolidWorks software and has saved our engineers lots of time in manual handling and updates.

The most impactful part of this software is the ability for our cross-functional and international engineering team to collaborate in real time on a large engineering model for a world class invention. This type of collaboration used to take hours per week in data management and manual updating of the drawings.

The price point is high but this is an issue with the entire SolidWorks suite. They charge you for a perpetual license then annual subscription and every little upgrade includes additional costs. However, this is one piece of their kit we are happy to pay for. We've had some issues with latency but the SolidWorks implementation team has been most helpful in identifying solutions.

Konstantinos A.
Konstantinos A.
Designer Mechanical Engineer in Griechenland
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Slower every year and more unreliable than ever

Kommentare: I am not satisfied with this product. It gets even slower and unreliable every year. Its UI is outdated and ugly.

Nothing in particular is worth noting in this software

Its user interface greatly resembles Windows 95 (very outdated graphics). It gets slower every year in terms of performance. I have been using it for three years straight (versions 2017 to 2020) and with every update it did get more unstable (even with clean installations) and slow. I highly despise the fact that the 2020 version does not refresh the folders automatically so that I always have to do a manual refresh for the newly created files to appear.

Jesalkumar T.
Manufacturing Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works flawlessly with minimal issues

4 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall experience has been very good. It works very smoothly for a medium scaled manufacturing facility like ours.

The ability of creating workflows within organization.

The back end is not as user friendly as it could be.

Jesus F.
Jesus F.
Controls Designer in Costa Rica
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful vault management system

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Has ensure the security of important documents and allow us to track the documents.

It is easy to use after a minimum training. You can control the documents that are important for the organization, you get a file history, who modified it and when. You can stablish rules to be able to modify any document, in that way you can minimize errors and not desire modifications.

It is not possible to access to the files from any device, you have to get installed the desktop app to be able to access to the files.

Ada T.
Ada T.
Docente en Mecánica - Jefa de Almacén Central de la UPT Aragua FBF in Venezuela

Software is excellent when making corrective reviews of the designs presented

Kommentare: Another indisputable benefit is the availability of the list of materials, it is excellent when manufacturing is necessary to modify the design due to lack of specific material.

What I like most about this software is that it synchronizes the design data and saves it to me securely. In addition to the time, the great time that allows me to save by reusing parts or elements designed in advance and that I can redesign because it is stored in the files, the main advantage being the visualization by the windows explorer which avoids having to open each file to know what it is.

In reference to this software, there are no negative aspects that stand out according to the functionalities offered. That is to say, the control of revision of the designs is an excellent option at the same time that I can share the designs in a more efficient way, to elevate the level of the design and to dedicate more time to innovate in them and not to remake mechanical elements that already I had done one once.

Aníbal E.
Aníbal E.
Especialista De Soporte Datos Inalámbricos | Wireless Data Support Specialist in Venezuela
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

software for engineers

Kommentare: I have used this software for engineers to design mechanical parts such as a camshaft. with my experience on this program I would say that it is much easier and can be modeled by guaranteeing the quality and operation of your designs before committing to manufacture them. This software is made up of three modules: piece, assembly and drawing.

there are multiple programs to design in engineering but this is one of the software used in mechanical engineering, aeronautics and industrial, is a program for these students of these related careers develop, model parts and assemblies and extract from them both technical and other types of information necessary for production.

What I like least about this software is that users must have a 64bit computer to be able to use solidwork from 2015 to the current year

Eric F.
Eric F.
Administrator in Israel
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PDM USER and ADMINISTRator

Good support providen by SYSTEMATICS in Israel. Very flexible.

Limited in some functions. Some bugs were found. Need sql server.

Oliwia P.
Oliwia P.
R&D/A Engineer in Polen
Medizinische Geräte, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great PDM software

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Solidworks PDM is very useful software for product lifecycle managing

Solidworks PDM is very simple, easy to use PDM software that is very helpful for models and drawings storage. User interface is very intuitive, even for beginners.

Sometimes I find it difficult to navigate through document searching. Additionally, initial setup may be problematic for beginners.

Mechanical Engineer in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Solidworks PDM review

Kommentare: Overall SolidWorks PDM has been helpful to our organization. We migrated a large legacy CAD database into PDM, and also use it presently to track releases, review, and organize CAD design data.

Solidworks PDM is a good piece of version control software, with some hiccups. Overall, I like the UI and navigation tools. I like how edrawings has a built in widget of sorts that allows users to preview files in full 3D before opening and editing parts. I also like how easy it is to navigate assemblies and easily see which parts an assembly contains, or where a given part is used. The history tool is also very useful for viewing the changelist and tracking dates of changes, etc. In general I like how PDM interfaces cleanly with the windows navigator UI, and prefer to use the tool in this way as opposed to operating it within SolidWorks why the program is running.

Some aspects of the software are not very user friendly. In particular version numbers (as opposed to revision numbers) can be buggy. It's not always clear when a new version is created or pushed to the server, especially in the case of concurrent users. In some cases I've found that a colleague has created a new version that I do not see until I prompt a version get. However, other times in the same situation I find that I am up to date on the version without having to perform a get. Likewise, when sending PDM notifications to a colleague as in flagging a file for review, etc, the notification does not reliably show up in a user's inbox. Granted some of this may be due to our individual deployment / network issues. Additionally, there is far less documentation and info out there for SolidWorks PDM as there is for general SolidWorks usage. As such, we've had to go to our re-seller with issues, which can be inefficient and makes users reliant on their given re-seller's knowledge base to learn the tool.

IS&D System Administrator in USA

Great Database for Drawings

Kommentare: Solidworks PDM has been nice to utilize for file management. We are able to keep things organized, have our workflows to deal with the Engineering process, Document Management process, and Management Process for approvals and such, and still have the files available to the rest of the company to utilize in the manner that they need to.

The best thing about PDM is that it integrates fully with Windows and Solidworks itself. That way, someone that does not have Solidworks can open the files with a viewer and work with them in the way they need, but someone that has Solidworks can open it directly in Solidworks to edit and change the file as needed.

It is not so easy to integrate with any other type of software. We would like to provide a link to a drawing in our Inventory Management database, so that it will open the latest version of the drawing for a particular part, and it is not so easy to link them.

Taylor P.
Project Engineer in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Still Figuring Everything Out

Kommentare: Overall though, the PDM I can already tell, once we get the hang of things, will be much more robust in capabilities and will prove easier from a file management standpoint. I look forward to playing around more, better understanding its nuances, and taking advantage of this advanced software CAD package.

As a Project Engineer who works with Product Development, our CAD platform's ability of storage/retrieval of models and drawings is essential for the streamlining of production runs. We recently updated to SolidWorks 2019 and updated our PDM/File Vault. As our team continues the transition and is working out the kinks of the data transfer, I can already tell that SW Enterprise PDM has the capabilities we need to succeed.

As I mentioned, we are still in a somewhate introductory phase, but one thing that is different that I am still getting used to is the fact that our files are accessible only trough our PC's File Explorer rather than directly through the CAD interface. So, there is some disjoint there.

Systems Administor in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Works as well as you put effort into it.

Kommentare: If done right, the software brings lots of business procedures to the system automatically or manually. I have spent a lot of time setting these up and it's just now showing some value. Other side being we let it get out of control before and was of no use to anyone.

The software is fully customizable. You can make the software do just able anything you want with workflows and permissions. There is quite a bit automation you can create as well. The software ties in very well with SolidWorks for designing.

The software is fully customizable. Out of the box, it will do nothing. This isn't a piece of software you can install and let the users go at it. There needs to be a lot of thought and discussion around how the software will be utilized. It also is quite buggy with GDI objects. It's been this way for many years.

PDM/CAD Administrator in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Extremely Customizable, fits almost any business model.

Kommentare: We are supporting key business processes throughout the organization with this tool. Any process that relies on forms, visibility, approval loops and audit trails can be handled by PDM.

The ability to quickly and easily create workflows to match your specific processes is the best feature. We have adapted this tool not only to support Engineering processes and Quality processes, but it supports Planning, Production, Marketing and even Purchasing. If you want to buy something, you initiate the request from PDM.

Historically, PDM has had some fairly generic tools for the notification system and its error messages should be more specific. To be told that a document doesn't meet the conditions of a transition request without an indicator of what the failure point was is a bit harsh, but it's my understanding that this will change in 2018. Can' wait.

Louis R.
Director of Strategic Accounts in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Use the program for central control and distribution of documents. Solid performance and stability

Kommentare: Drawing control, design access, revision control

Ease of deployment. Allows use within the Windows Explorer interface with document printing and preview within the windows. This eases the user adaption of the product. Our usage is primarily for drawing and model sharing in an environment of approximate 100 users. The controlled access has been key to our revision control process. Our users also enjoy the ability to preview the documents without opening the creating programs - Acrobat, Solidworks, or AutoCad as examples. For Solidworks models, zooming and rotating the view within preview window is also very powerful.

Initial launch can be 15 to 30 seconds. After that the usage is very quick. Unsure about interface on Windows 10 as our environment is currently Win 7.

Design Engineer in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I use SolidWorks every day for my job as a Design Engineer and Enterprise PDM keeps everyone synched

Kommentare: Collaborate and synchronized data for SolidWorks drawings and solid models.

SolidWorks is easily the most used software by engineers at my company. Because so much of our work is collaborative or builds off of previous models having Enterprise PDM is essential. Everything is easy to find and everyone can access the same base parts to make sure that all of our products are uniform. It's quick, it's easy, and it helps me make sure my projects are made correctly.

It can be complicated, like much of SolidWorks everything is not intuitive at first glance, but this dissipates over time and constant use.

IT manager in Serbien
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Very useful PDM software

Kommentare: Very good software for watching over the life cycle of the product.

It can allow simple monitoring of the complete documentation of a certain product. Even people without particular engineering knowlege can easlily learn and use this software. It can be adjusted to the specific needs of the company. It enables team work for engineers, simple tracking of revisions, documents and leading project documentation.

Document searching is sometimes difficult. Bady desinged property cards can make work very difficult.

Louis R.
Dir of Strategic Accounts in USA
Maschinerie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

I used this program to access our stored and shared design files. Have been using 3 years.

Kommentare: Design control of share design resources.

Control of access to the designs, especially during the revision process is very strong. I like that the program prevents accidental release of the incorrect version of a design. Visual preview of the design and bill of materials is also great.

First loading the program for first use of the day can be quite slow. Agonizingly so. Once the program is loaded, the lookup speed could definitely be better. When starting program too, it too often is waiting to load the latest versions of files.

Mayra sareth T.
Teacher in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Solidworks is the program that I have used for 5 years to teach the industrial drawing class.

Kommentare: I have been able to teach my students how to do simulations of detailed drawings of mechanical parts. I have also used the software to design a machine to assemble bamboo panels used in the construction industry.

What I like most is that it is a program is used very easily. The software allows to simulate the behavior of mechanical parts, which is of great help when making a design.

What displeases me about the program is that the library of materials and screws is a bit limited, and the materials do not always look real.

Ken N.
Ken N.
Director of IT and Engineering Services in USA
Maschinerie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Manages files well

Kommentare: In my opinion PDM is essential if you have multiple users working on the same files. Prior to installing PDM we would often have files that would be accidentally overwritten. The where used functionality is also great for evaluating how part changes will impact other assemblies.

Does a good job of managing files that are being worked on by multiple users. viewer client allows non SW users to view files

Initial setup can be difficult and require knowledge you only get after you have user the tool

Dylann C.
Director of Product Development in USA

Some aspects are frustrating and confusing, but much better than trying to manage parts on my own.

Our file system has been a mess. Using this product has helped us to keep track of our designs much better, especially by requiring that the files are in the system before the parts can be prototyped. EPDM is the only way to go!

I don't like not being able to go back to previous designs without messing up my assemblies. The prompts are not intuitive and I have lost file information by choosing wrong.

Michael W.
Senior Industrial Designer in USA

Industrial Designer with over 15years experience. My current company uses PDM.

I like that each part is automatically given a new rev without having to do it manually. Updating parts in assemblies with a newer version is easy.

When searching for files I have to start at the beginning each time. Once I exit a folder and try to access another folder that folder doesn't show its contents. The folder is empty. I have to start at the beginning of EPDM and then the files will show up.

Mauro H.
Application Engineer in Kanada
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A must for for engineering efficiency.

Kommentare: The age old engineering problem of borrowing parts from a mixture of folders and not being able to easily know where certain parts have been used to gauge the effect of a revision. Alternatively, having multiple copies of the same part for no good reason other than to isolate it to the current project.

It's integration into the local filesystem to look and behave like a local folder.

It's high initial cost, setup and yearly license subscription.

Gal Z.
Industrial Design Student in Argentinien
Design, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Benefits and struggles of Solidworks

4 letztes Jahr

No matter what object im creating, solidworks assures me it is possible to create in the real world somehow. As i can use tools that resemble real-life technologies, i can already imagine which means of production i might use so as to produce the objects im making! Being able to browse and import standard pieces like screws, bolts, etc inside the program saves a lot of time and assures me im using the correct scale for each.

While i can create virtually any object i can imagine, creating more organic meshes is kinda tricky compared to other softwares. It requires practice and a lot of understanding of the 3D space and the shape you are trying to create