Clunky Program- Customer Service is AWESOME

Bewertet am 19.8.2017
Gil B.
Small Engine Repair Tech
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Learned what I need and what I want from the next software we choose. ****Update- Bit has stepped up and is addressing our issues. They have resolved one issue and are working on the others! Thank you Bit!

Vorteile: Interchangeable parts, alt number use, open work order look up, work order task separation. pick list import for invoices. ****UPDATE- Since my original review Bit has really stepped up and looked into many of our concerns. They have resolved the issue with motor information when looking up work orders. They are also working to resolve the other issues we are having. I would say that Bit does listen to the concerns and issues of their customers and does work to make their software better.

Nachteile: Not being able to use the same part number from different vendors. Persona allows you to have the same number from different vendors it just opens a screen that you chose which vendor part you wanted.****(This issue was resolved)- when you put a motor in multiple WO for same customer and you need to quickly look up the order you have to have the WO# because it does not list the motor numbers in look up it only lists models. if you have a motor only it should be listed in the quick look up also. Not being able to delete a line- if you punch in the wrong part number then you can not delete from order. If i haven't saved the order yet I should be able to delete parts from it- I see this because of the parts number issue earlier mentioned. When a unit sales to a customer the unit should be automatically added to them as a unit so when it comes in for service it shouldn't have to duplicated into that part of the system.

von BiT Dealership Software an 24.8.2017

Gil,
Thank you for letting me know you are having difficulty, and for El Dorado Cycle and Outdoor Equipment being a customer for almost 3 years. Enhancement to address the engine info in the work order lookup has been in process and will be in the next update. BiT doesn't allow the removal of parts from an invoice for internal control purposes, but I see how you would want to remove a part before leaving the invoice and I will see how soon we can make that happen. It also sounds like you have questions about using interchangeable parts to manage similar parts from multiple vendors. We recently posted a how-to video on interchangeables, but I will have someone in Support call you tomorrow to discuss that as well as the process you are using when selling units. The information should be transferring to service so I am curious what process you are using.

Cumbersome and inefficient

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Vickie V.
Director of Finance
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inventory tracking is good . Point of Sale features are ok.

Vorteile: Equipment tracking from inventory, to sale to maintenance is good when used properly. Pre-installation training could be improved.

Nachteile: Reports , A/R functions, inventory maintenance. The developer should have consulted with someone in the accounting industry.

von BiT Dealership Software an 17.8.2017

Vickie,
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to hear more about what reports you aren't able to create using our custom report builder so that we can help you get the information you want. Also, I checked and you never took advantage of the free online training hours we offer. Please let us know when you want to schedule that.

We should talk about your challenges with accounting. Our team has a very strong background in accounting, both through education and experience, and we would appreciate an opportunity to understand what challenges you are having with accounting. I'd like to hear about the specific issues to determine if the solution requires a software enhancement or a process adjustment. Please contact BiT Support at support@bitdms.com or me personally at emacfawn@bitdms.com so we can help you out. Best regards.

When looking for software we looked for ease of use, value and customer support, got it all with BiT

Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Scott K.
Marketing Manager
Maritime Wirtschaft, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and customer support have always been a key feature. We have fast turnaround on all support requests. We look at the support team at BiT as part of our team and all we have to do is make a quick phone call to get that support. BiT has offered the dealership a way to expand our data base and have quick turnaround on finance deals and over the counter sales. Inventory management has also been taken to the next level. Actually being able to see what parts we have in stock and what needs to be ordered has increase efficiency and saved money by not have too many overstock items.

Nachteile: Really not many cons, being web based can have issues with internet disruption but that very rarely occurs, mostly during major storms. Biggest thing we see is not being able to use the entire program, there are a lot of features we currently do not use but are working towards implementation.

Scott,
Thank you for the detailed review.
Best regards

Complete management software for a great price

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Jenny S.
Maritime Wirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bit is a full service DMS Cloud based so I can see my business from everywhere! And there is not a huge upfront cost. This was a huge factor for us. I recommend BIT to anyone looking to upgrade and streamline their Marine software.

Vorteile: The bit system has allowed us to integrate our Boat Sales Service and retail store into one system. Plus it integrates with Quick books. Bit loaded all of our vendors and products into the system. Huge time savings!
We now have an accurate Inventory. Bit makes it easy. Pricing tabs allow us to make instant decisions in regard to profitability. I can see when pricing a boat all my costs and profit margin. Plus Bit support is outstanding! They respond very quickly, research issues and follow up with better ways of working with the system. Adapting to new software is hard but Bit makes is easy and painless.

Nachteile: The only reason I didn't give Bit 5 stars and "Ease of use" is because it's hard to adjust to new software. I's not a problem with them. I just have to go over it a couple of times. But the software support is happy to go over the same thing with me as many times as I need it.

von BiT Dealership Software an 27.2.2019

Jenny,
On behalf of our Support team I want to thank you for your business and for the kind feedback. The team works really hard to get new businesses up and running and to help you grow with the software as well as tending to issues as they come up. It's really nice of you to recognize them and their earnest efforts to help. Thank you, Ed.

Best business decision we made! Easy to use software, excellent customer support.

Jason N.
Parts Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Helps make our business run more efficiently.

Vorteile: Automatic backups, automatic import of parts pricefile updates. Easy to use, easy to customize to our individual needs.

Nachteile: Having to re-type user id switching between service and parts side, then again to open invoice or work order. Will not open cash register. When you have an existing customer and they have a change in address or phone #, if you update the info it will not transfer over until you get out of invoice and reopen it.

Jason,
Thank you for the thoughtful review. I will have someone follow up with you regarding the cash drawer. Also, the prompt for user ID is a setting. Let us know if you want us to turn off the prompt.
Thanks and regards

BIT is a solid and reliable business system with the best parts and service modules i have seen.

Jon N.
Operations Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Stable and reliable. BIT almost never crashes which is not the case with several of their competetors. The system is flexible enough to allow businesses to use it in the way that best suits them.

Nachteile: Major unit/Sales f&i module needs work. Sometimes we encounter issues with the system when it gets really busy. A great system for small to medium dealerships.

Jon,
Thank you for the review and the thoughtful feedback. If you are interested in upgrading your sales, quoting and lead management capability, I encourage you to take a look at our newer cloud version.
Thanks and regards

very long term user, like the system but hard to learn

Jon K.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: inventory management & work orders does what we basically need but know there is much more it can do but don't know how to implement. accounting is working fine.

Nachteile: report writing is very hard to do unless you have been taught and do it regularly. hard to learn new features as training is expensive and hard to get. user manuals to my knowledge are limited.

Jon,
Thank you for your review and feedback and for being a BiT customer since 1999!
Best regards

I have been a customer for many years and overall I'm very pleased with the system and people

Tracy H.
Maritime Wirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of estimates, billing and reporting. Overall a great program

Vorteile: Ease of use. From manufacture price downloads to every day use. The work order program makes estimates easy and the interface with QuickBooks is great.

Nachteile: Custom reports are hard to build without tech service's help. On the plus side they are happy to help.

Tracy,
Thank you for your review and the feedback. I will share your compliments on BiT's Support with the team.
Best regards

customer service has been very good and friendly

Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Joe G.
mgr
Maritime Wirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: time savings and trackability of service and product

Vorteile: easy to use, great support help, economical to get started with

Nachteile: that I cant delete unwanted deals, it needs to be more connected to other vendors , this may be vendors fault

von BiT Dealership Software an 24.8.2017

Joe,
Thank you for the review and feedback. I will be sure to share your kind words with our Support Consultants. And, I will ask one of them to call you regarding the deal deletion. You can delete a deal as long as there isn't an existing deposit on the deal or an open work order related to the deal. Re the vendors, most vendors will provide us with price files, and many of them allow us to export stock orders, but they don't typically offer much opportunity for integration beyond that. When they do, we will eagerly build the integration.
Thank you.

Gets the job done

Kellie M.

Vorteile: Ease of use and trainability
Not having to assign inventory number to special order items
Ease of data entry

Nachteile: Rounding issues
Limitations surrounding use of quotes
Reports are not easy on the eyes
Having to exit work order for amounts to recalculate

Kellie,
Thank you for your review and feedback and for being a BiT customer since 2012.
Best regards

Overall a great program. Love that they take our input seriously.

Gina C.
Customer Service Administrator
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Much more comprehensive than the previous software we used. Always room for improvement, though.

Vorteile: Evolving and improving all aspects for ease of use. Take input seriously. Implement suggestions. User friendly for the most part.

Nachteile: Work Order number does not show while it is being created. Have to "print" to see the assigned number. Same thing with the date on a boat deal.

Gina,
Thank you for your review and the feedback.

BiT Software

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Dock Master
Maritime Wirtschaft, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Seams to cover all the bases we need here at our business.

Nachteile: Way to much key board and mouse use. Could be more streamlined. I need to lift off keyboard and go to mousse to high-lite fields, should be able to use the "Enter" button to scroll through fields.

von BiT Dealership Software an 4.3.2019

I appreciate your feedback. I'd like to hear specifically what areas you think can be streamlined so we could look at ways to improve those processes. And, I would like to hear more on your experience with BiT's customer support. Your feedback on our support team is very different from what I typically hear - that they are excellent.
Regards,
Ed

Searched for 2 years for a DMS and glad that we ended our search with BIT

Michael H.
manager
Maschinerie

Kommentare: Parts, sales and service all in one easy to use system.

Vorteile: Ease of use and customer service. BIT does everything we need it to do to run our business more efficiently.

Nachteile: Accounting interface won't let us set it up like we need to for Quickbooks. Only other complaint would be the Lead system.

von BiT Dealership Software an 10.8.2017

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback!