Discovery Attender Bewertungen

von Sherpa Software

Über Discovery Attender

Tool zur Automatisierung der Suche und Erfassung elektronisch gespeicherter Informationen auf einer Vielzahl von Plattformen.

Erfahre mehr über Discovery Attender

William R.
I.T. Manager
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2019

"Discovery Attender was a huge help"

Kommentare: Overall, I have become very comfortable using DA. This has become my goto package for most searches I need to perform.

Vorteile: Discovery Attender was an invaluable resource during a big document discovery project. I was very beneficial to search multiple data stores including the file system and email pst files in one search. The flexibility of the keyword listing was very nice as well as the other criteria that you can specify. Perhaps one of the biggest pluses was the support I received when first starting up. Executive provided me some orientation training and was there to help with any questions I had using it for the first time. I have used the project since then for discovery projects as well as searches requested by my users.

Nachteile: The only "con" I had was this was not a product to install and then just start using it. Initially it seemed like it was fairly complex. Once I had the orientation training and was able to ask a few questions, it was very easy to use.

Chris F.
PC Analyst
  • Bewertet am 4.11.2014

"This software isn't for everyone"

Kommentare: Are you looking for a two month old email from your CEO to the head of HR? That one email with "diversity" in its subject? Honestly, it's not going to be very hard to find, is it... You just need to get logged in and get it over with. If that's a typical search for you, then there's no need to continue. Discovery Attender can do jobs like that, but that's not why it exists. But if you're reading this, I'll bet that's not your typical search. I'll bet you've got at least 3 terms, a 4 year date range, and 5 to 7 different mailboxes to comb through. Oh and don't forget each of those users has server-based email, plus multiple personal folders on their hard drives. And perhaps this time, you even need to search their My Documents folder, and SharePoint sites. Now you're in Discovery Attender's neighborhood. And life is about to get a whole lot better. To explain: a few years back, I was just like you. I opened Outlook, I typed my search term in the box, waited impatiently, and then frowned at all those results. I had a pad of paper next to my desk with a grid drawn on it. Each user, each term, each and every data source, a check-box. It was slow, it was boring, and it was prone to mistakes. Not the best environment when lawyers are involved. Then, our company purchased this software and my searches were quite literally revolutionized, overnight. I found myself looking forward to taking this muscle-car of a program for a spin. I'd define the terms, set a date range, and point Discovery Attender at the specific mailboxes and PSTs involved. Once setup was complete, I'd fire up the search and head home to relax. Upon coming back to work the next morning, my results would be waiting for me in one easy-to-manage location. Or course it's not all rainbows. If a PST is corrupted, or password protected, you'll find an icon indicating part of the search was unable to complete. You'll have to manually repair, or unlock those troubled files. But then asking DA to run a follow-up search is a right-click away. Bottom line: if you know e-Discovery, Discovery Attender is going to help you do it faster, easier, and with greater transparency. The software's cost is much less than the days it saves me every year. And I couldn't be happier with the customer support we've received from Sherpa over the last 10 years. You know you don't want to be "thinking about it" when that next e-Discovery deadline pops up. Get to know these guys today!

von Sherpa Software an 4.11.2014

Can¿t thank you enough for sharing your use case and hearing the many ways Discovery Attender has saved you time, money and headaches. I hope everyone reading this takes your advice so we can do the same for their eDiscovery process. Many thanks!

• Bewertet am 4.11.2014
Martyn D.
Luft- & Raumfahrt
  • Bewertet am 2.2.2017

"Great tool and competitively priced"

Kommentare: Used this for a litigation search and we found everything we needed..................................

• Bewertet am 2.2.2017
Lucas Z.
Sr. Information Security Engineer
Medizinische Geräte, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.5.2019

"Discovery Attender - Manual to Automated"

Kommentare: Discovery Attender definitely filled our need for the ability to streamline our email discovery process. Too much time was being spent on manual searches and there is too much room for error that way. The tool is easy to use and intuitive. Very glad we were able to implement it.

Vorteile: Discovery Attender has taken a process which would span over the course of several days of manual searches of multiple email boxes and made it so that the same searches are now automated and take only hours to be completed and exported including indexing and reporting of what was exported and which keywords were used to run the export along with timestamps. This allows for a much more timely delivery to the legal department and allows us to meet the strict timelines required during investigations.

Nachteile: The interface is a bit dated, but the functionality is there.

• Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Frank K.
Director - Investigative/Legal Discovery
Medizinische Praxis, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

"Discovery Attender"

Kommentare: We have used Discovery Attender for a number of years. We have been very satisfied with the function that it plays in our discovery process. We have tried other tools but they never quite measure up to Discovery Attender.

Nachteile: A better GUI would be helpful along with a bubble visual on who is conversing with whom.

Anthony C.
I.T. Specialist / Network Administrator
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2014

"If you host exchange, this app is a MUST!"

Kommentare: I had a very critical task before I "discover" this app. I need to produce emails, export it in PST file with bunch of conditions (sender, recipient, date range, etc..), of course cmdlet script would do that but when the condition gets more complicated you'd end up pulling your hair and give up. Not to mention I'm dealing with 1500 mailboxes and hundreds of thousands emails to be sorted (not including archives). I don't believe in miracle but Sherpa came to the rescue and handed me an app that saved my hair :D Discovery Attender is flexible, complex and very efficient app (and yes, easy to use!!!). it's what IT would love to have. Customer service is friendly, reliable and easy to deal with. This app gives you ability to pull emails out from the mailboxes, and convert email (eml, msg, pst) in a flash.. There's a lot of things to say but I would just put it this way; This 5 stars app RULEZ! Anyway, I don't usually write a review, but Discover Attender deserves it. Thank you Sherpa for producing this one of a kind application. I haven't seen any app that would match your's, not a bit.

von Sherpa Software an 26.11.2014

Great to hear of the success Discovery Attender has brought you Anthony! Feedback like this is what has made Discovery Attender into the unique tool that it is. Thanks so much!

• Bewertet am 26.11.2014
Jeffrey W.
IT Director
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2019

"Great Tool"

Kommentare: We are solving the time it takes to respond to eDiscovery requests.

Vorteile: As a municipality, we are subject to open record laws. We love the ease of the program that we can search across our O365 mailboxes and our file servers to come up with a consolidated resource for reviewing and providing the records. Before it was using the clunky Microsoft eDiscovery tool and manual searches of file servers. This tool has made the turnaround a fraction of the time related to these requests.

Nachteile: There is really nothing I don't like about the software. It has made my job easier.

• Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Sophie L.
Manager, IT Operations
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Low cost discovery with good quality features"

Kommentare: We've used plenty of discoveries for our company. Discovery attender is one of them. Based on what I've used, overall, I have to say discovery attender is least cost but at the same time most consistent and reliable, and effective. It's also super fast. It doesn't require indexing or reindexing so searches are in real time. It's super fast for something that doesn't require indexing. Overall I am surprised how well it works for the cost.

Vorteile: it's super fast without indexing

Nachteile: it has to be installed on a server on premise

Robert E.
IT Assistant Director II
Informationstechnologie & -dienste

"This Software is great"

Kommentare: I have used this softwre many times. it makes the process of e-discovery very easy and time efficient.

Vorteile: Ease of use

Nachteile: none

Patrick B.
Basic Content Supervisor
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2017

"Good product."

Kommentare: I have been using Discovery Attendar for 4-5 years now. Its fairly easy to use and light weight enough to run on a desktop and search 50,000 + emails. Works very will with email stored in .pst files. Other email file types may need help from tech support but they have been responsive in writing patches when needed.

Vorteile: Ease of use.

Nachteile: Can't open every email, but can over 99% of them.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Joshua B.
Legal Assistant
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2015

"Great Affordable EDiscovery Tool"

Kommentare: Discovery Attender is a great entry level ediscovery tool. It searches networks, exchanges and has a SharePoint option to search and collect most documents across your enterprise network. A robust search tool allows you to search emails, attachments and loose files that it collected. It also has a review function to tag and label files. We use it to assist with small to medium discovery requests without having to pay vendors for hosting and processing data, and it is much less expensive than the large hosted tools such as Relativity or Clearwell. The only shortfall it has is not being able to output files to PDF.

von Sherpa Software an 27.2.2015

Thank you for the great feedback Jashua. Discovery Attender was designed to be an affordable and easy to use alternative to those types of services and solutions. Glad to hear it is meeting your needs.

• Bewertet am 24.2.2015
Jayme W.
Senior System Engineer
  • Bewertet am 25.2.2015

"An eDiscovey Must Have"

Kommentare: Having lived through a few ediscoveries WITHOUT a tool to help I can say that I would not be without Sherpa now! The software is easy to install, maintain and is the one tool used to search email to file servers. With the ability to use custom searches I can easily create and modify the searches while the software keeps up with the version to pass on to legal. Searches can be exported and shared with other admins to keep consistent as well.

von Sherpa Software an 27.2.2015

Thank you for the great review Jayme! We really appreciate the feedback and are glad the product and service we offer are so important to your efforts. Our goal is to make your life easier. Sounds like we make a great team.

• Bewertet am 25.2.2015
Stan T.
Director IT
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2015

"Discovery Attender review"

Kommentare: Sherpa Software's Mail Attender is email management software that gives you control over email anywhere on your network, whether in Exchange Server mailboxes or public folders, or in PST files, either on file servers or local desktops. Mail Attender's rules-based architecture lets you define granular criteria to locate mail across all possible stores, then carry out a variety of actions, such as:
Enforcing a corporate email policy throughout the organization
Searching for inappropriate or sensitive content and potentially removing it
Deleting old or large items to reclaim disk space
Archiving and exporting mail
Reporting on mail volume or storage used

• Bewertet am 10.3.2015
Corporate IT Infrastructure Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2019

"Great tool for e-discovery"

Kommentare: I really depend on this tool for my e-discoveries of pst files. No other tool I’ve seen can get as granular when used against this data. I can also export this data in a variety of formats based on how it is requested. It is very legal-friendly.

Vorteile: This software allows me to do very detailed and complex searches of email stored in exchange or in pst files, and of other digital files.

Nachteile: It is slower than other tools, although this is based primarily on the server I run it from.

• Bewertet am 2.6.2019
Margareta K.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Discovery Attender saved my bacon so many times"

Kommentare: Before we had Discovery Attender we were manually searching Outlook or PSTs, and it was taking hours of my life to perform the searches. With Discovery Attender, I could set up large, complex searches and have them run overnight, unattended, or on a particular schedule. The results are easy to export. Using the Boolean search options, I am able to build complex queries that obtain accurate results. Exporting the results to pst for further review is a breeze. Compared to other email discovery products, this one gave us the best bang for the buck.

Matt S.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Great Product! Does what we need."

Kommentare: Discovery Attender has been a great product for us. It makes pulling emails across our environment easy. It took me a little while to get the hang of all of the options but customer support staff's support worked with me and helped me fix a few mistakes in my query at times to get it to pull exactly what I needed. If I had to do this manually it would have been a nightmare but with this software I just set it up let it run and checked it later or the next day. I recommend this product. We use it on the IBM i Series platform running Domino.

Kevin L.
It Director
Öl & Energie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2017

"I highly recommend this product"

Kommentare: This is the 3rd time I have been a customer, as I have purchased it also at 2 prior employers. The product is fantastic. It is easy to use, it performs queries quickly, and every lawyer I have turned data over to was very impressed with the reports and accuracy.

Vorteile: Ease of use, awesome support.

Nachteile: None

• Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Bridgette G.
Manager of IS Operations
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.1.2017

"Manager of IS"

Kommentare: I have used the software many times to gather information for lawsuits. It is easy to use and gathers the information seamlessly

Vorteile: Ease of use. Quality of data

Nachteile: I have no issues with the software

• Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Jen P.
IT Engineer
Druck, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

"Great product"

Vorteile: I love how easy this product is to use. It is quick and simple and does what we need.

Nachteile: The price is pretty steep for what you get.

Ron R.
IT Engineer
Industrieautomation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Great Searches"

Kommentare: This software allows for very extensive searches. We have used this tool very effectively for different reasons. I wish there were more help features when running these searches quickly, but overall the product does what it is supposed to effectively.

Vorteile: The searches are very thorough

Nachteile: When setting up searches, it is sometimes difficult to get the software to do what you want without hitting the back button and trying again and again.

Chris M.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Solved our eDiscovery needs with flexible lease terms too"

Kommentare: We had the need for an eDiscovery solution, but only at certain times. Sherpa was excellent to work with and walked us through a lease term, installation, follow-up calls and screen sharing making sure we had no questions. I appreciated they took the time to made sure we did the configs right and even ran some test runs with us to make suer we understood the product.

Chris E.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Great product - a bit of a steep learning curve, but it's pretty powerful so it's worth it"

Kommentare: We've used it to research information in emails and on shared drives. Created time stamped saves and even dove into those for more information. Once you get the hang of it, it's a real time saver. Plus, you can, like they use to say, set it and forget it. Let it do the work for you.

Phil W.
Associate Director, Information Technology
  • Bewertet am 4.6.2014

"Discovery Attender review (eDiscovery)"

Kommentare: I love the program. It is intuitive and was easy to figure out how to use. Discovery Attender cut off days if not weeks worth of time in searching our network file locations, and the email search was far easier than anything I've used before. Phil

von Sherpa Software an 4.6.2014

Great to hear this Phil! We are happy to hear it's been such a time saver.

• Bewertet am 4.6.2014
Zach M.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Excellent product, easy to learn!"

Kommentare: The Discovery Attender product is second-to-none for legal holds within Lotus Notes. With a quick two-hour training session, I was able to learn the product inside and out and have been using it ever since.

Rolando R.

"Great discovery tool"

Kommentare: I find discovery attendee to be easy to use and great towards the ability to perform searches using complex keywords against Exchange,PST, and file searches. Great tool and gets the job done!