AppFolio Property Manager Erfahrungen

Über AppFolio Property Manager

Deine komplette Immobilienverwaltungssoftware-Lösung, damit du deinen Arbeitstag optimieren und dich auf dein Endergebnis konzentrieren kannst.

Erfahre mehr über AppFolio Property Manager

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for.

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

Bewertungen zu AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio Property Manager hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.880 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du AppFolio Property Manager bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.880)

Joe
Executive Vice-President in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

#1 single-family residential PM software

Kommentare: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

Toi
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It’s Effective and Efficient

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I love it! I prefer it over Yardi! It can be used as an accounting program, property mgr program, marketing program, affordable housing certification/ recertification. Communication with residents and leads.

Being able to market specific units by adding videos/ photos and an auto generated marketing description based on tags added to each individual unit based on its own unique floorplan

Sometimes different financial reports do not speak to each other so one report can be misleading from the other

Justin
Maintenance Operations Manager in

Review from Justin Ratzlaff of Henderson Management

Kommentare: We have been using Appfolio for a few years now. There are many things that I appreciate about the product, but there are also many things that I don't appreciate. Overall, I am getting the feeling that Appfolio is getting too many customers as their popularity has grown. It seems that the customer service has taken a major hit. It also seems that it's a bit too exclusive as integration with other programs is difficult and in most cases impossible. I used to manage the Leasing Department and during that time I tried to convince the team to start utilizing online lease signing. There was a problem though with customizing addenda to the lease and there were a few forms that we could not enter into the digital lease. Without the ability to have all forms in the lease, it defeated the entire purpose of going digital. My issue is that we got everyone on the team to add a suggestion to the forums and we have never heard a response. I get emails randomly saying that someone else has added a comment, but that's far as it goes. Recently the comments have been on the thread of Appfolio not listening to feedback from customers. All I can say is, I agree. Maybe this review will be seen. I now manage the maintenance department and I am disappointed with the functionality of the maintenance capabilities. I understand that this is not a maintenance management software, but many management companies perform their own maintenance and require intelligent software for this purpose. Techs need to be scheduled, tracked, reviewed on performance, and much more. Again, I understand that this is not the main purpose of Appfolio. However, why would you not open yourself up to easy integration with a field service management software? We had to create a couple extra positions in the company to manage the transfer of information from Appfolio to our field service management software as integration does not seem to be important to Appfolio.

See above

See above

Antwort von AppFolio

Dear Justin, thank you for providing us with this constructive feedback. Your team's suggestions for leasing are a top priority for us and is something we plan to work on. We are currently working very hard on the maintenance feature - we welcome your feedback and hope these updates will solve the challenges you have been facing! A Product Specialist will be contacting you to go more in depth with your maintenance needs. As for your comments regarding customer service, we are sorry your experience has been negative! We truly value each of our customers and hope to continually create an excellent product and provide top notch service! Your Customer Success Manager will be contacting you to address your complaints and amend the situation. We hope to provide you with a more positive experience moving forward and to work with you and your team for many years to come!

Tammy

Property Management with AppFolio

Kommentare: Overall, I love AppFolio. The system is clear, clean, and easy to follow and learn. A lot of the fields are self-explanatory and the help button is just a click away and the team with AppFolio does a good job with I ask for help. The explanations are clear, concise, easy to follow, and make sense. In the past 15 years, I have used many different software systems to track property management. AppFolio has been the easiest to navigate to get me the information I need and easy to use to manage all my properties.

AppFolio allows me to access my tenants and their information with a click of a button. It keeps all data about my tenant at my fingertips and also allows them to know what is going on with their lease, rent amounts, work orders, and other tasks they or I need to complete to keep our relationship working the best.

I wish that the tenant's application would stay with the tenant as the entire process progresses. When a person no longer is an applicant, but becomes a tenant and moves in, that application is stored elsewhere in the system. It would be more helpful to have the application stay with that new move-in. The application is always needed for legal issues. The system makes it easy to find but it seems it would be better served to stay within the entire process of the new move-in.

Leif
Broker in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Need to take a course to use the program

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: In general, a manual would be helpful, or a FAQ sheet. Wonderful customer support and help with any errors and questions, but it still took a long time to get used to all the information. In the end, the [sensitive content hidden]sold the property.

The financial part was amazing if you put the numbers in the right area.

I needed extra training to get everything up and running. There were two of us trying to learn how to work the program. We lost time in managing our other 93 doors trying to learn this system for managing 250 doors of private student housing for The University of Arizona.

Isy
Office Manager in USA

The best Property Manager Software so far

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Extremely satisfied with the ease of every task.

Our reason to switch to Appfolio was the ability to perform the accounting within the same software than the property management.

That there is no a phone number I can dial for assistance.

Alison
Office Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Appfolio is great! But on the pricey side

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I still compare my new property management software that we use to Appfolio. There are things I miss about it, but both have their pros and cons. However, with competitors offering equivalent software functionality while also being cheaper, we ultimately chose to switch to a different company for our property management software needs.

Appfolio is ubiquitous and versatile in its uses, and its design is easy to figure out and navigate. I most frequently used it for keeping track of rent payments, communications with tenants, track/generate/sign leases, and for tenants to use its tenant portal. We liked that tenants were able to pay their rent at 7-11. Surprisingly, a high percentage of tenants opted to do this as opposed to setting up payments via credit card on their tenant portal. The software itself ran smoothly, had no shortages or timeouts in the 6 years we used it, and didn't take up a lot of memory to run on our computers. We liked the phone app as well.

The company I worked for did not use the banking and accounting elements of the software to their full potential, due difficulties with the owners using Plaid via Appfolio to connect to their bank accounts, as well as privacy concerns with other owners who used the software as well. This made accounting/reconciliation difficult. The cost of the software is what ultimately lead us to decide to go with a different property management software. We could get all the same functionalities except two , plus more privacy, for 2/3 of the cost with a different property management software. One thing we really like about our new software that Appfolio doesn't have is the ability to sign documents besides the lease within a Docusign subplatform within the software, which is a feature we really like and will use extensively in our new property management software.

Nicole

User friendly, efficient

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It is easy to use, easy to navigate, and I like the app feature on my phone to use while I'm out on the property. This makes building work orders easy and can be completed with photos for staff.

Daily functions as a property manager with placing work orders, entering rent checks, lease renewals and sending tenant online forms to electronically to sign. All of these tasks save time & are efficient being available as online options. This even is convenient for prospective tenants coming from out of state.

The unit transfer functions could be more seamless. When a resident is moving apartments within the property, the charges and credits/payments often have to be carefully reviewed when completing a transfer to make sure the new unit's tenant ledger is correct.

Elizabeth
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy and Uncomplicated

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have had a great experience and happy that my company chooses to use AppFolio.

I like how everything that I need is one platform. I don’t have to have another software running to complete my job duties. I can find car information, pet information, make letters, send mass emails, send emails to certain unit types and more.

I wish I could text certain units by the unit groups like you can with the emails. Let’s face it; most people will ignore an email but they will read that text. Emails get lost in the daily shuffle. Another improvement I recommend is a drop down to select if a pet is an ESA or Service Animal so you can go into reports and just pull it right up.

Lorayne
Vermögensverwaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pop ups & too many changes.

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I'm able to efficiently handle the properties I manage.

Pop ups- I'm busy, I don't need pop ups about how much I like the program, would I recommend, etc.

Lyman
Realtor / Property Manager in USA

Appfolio & Me

Kommentare: I love it! I found the Appfolio program did save me time with all parts of property management duties I have.

Once I learned the program, Appfolio made the job easier. The owner statements were easy for my owners to understand. Love the ability to upload copy of invoices to owner statements, so they could see my deductions if there were any on the given month. This saved me time from answering calls from owners that had questions about the owner statement. The online features made it easy for Owners & Tenants to see everything related to their property.

Being a very small company it was a little more expensive than other programs out there. The learning curve was a bit tuff, but Help was always there to assist me if needed.

Chelsey
Accounting Department in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, no major flaws

Kommentare: The experience has been amazing. Customer service is quick, and we were able to decrease the amount of physical checks in our business office by 50% in the first two years.

I love the ease of use of this software. It gives me so many options for reporting, investigating any issues, and my tenants love that they can pay online and request maintenance online as well. I love the look of it, it is modern without being gaudy.

I only wish that changing ownership for 1099 reporting was easier (IE partners that get monthly distributions but want the 1099 reported to the partnership name)

James
Executive Property Manager in USA

Great Initially but Caters to Larger Companies Now

Kommentare: My overall experience has been generally positive however I wish they would offer the same features and services to all of their clients regardless of their portfolio size. If you already have the technology available and a cost structure in place to offer these services, I don't see how portfolio size matters. Overall, it's a good product but they're starting to nickel and dime customers for services previously included in the monthly subscription prices. They're also releasing a lot of cool new tools such as the artificial intelligence assistance however you should verify that you're going to be able to access all of the tools you want to before signing up as you might discover that you don't meet their minimum portfolio size to take advantage of such features.

I love how easy it is to use and that it's got everything integrated from inspections to maintenance to accounting to contract management. It also posts my listings to a bunch of websites automatically.

It was initially a perfect fit for our company. We wanted our website and property management software integrated and we loved the features such as the tenant portal etc. In the past couple of years, it seems that they are gearing themselves more toward large companies (1000+ units) as they are only making certain features available to their larger clients (i.e. Lisa AI / artificial intelligence secretary) despite having the technology already to accommodate all clients regardless of company size. Additionally, we paid a lofty website setup fee when we originally enrolled in the software in 2014. They charge anywhere from $1000-5000 to redesign the website and as of March 2021, they are forcing everyone to migrate their website over to a new design and imposing a monthly fee to host the website in addition the the regular monthly fee.

Sherry
Accounting Supervisor in USA

Appfolio Review July2021

Kommentare: Appfolio is a great product and takes a lot of the user labor out.

I love how you can tie everything in from property to owner to tenant. You can click on the amount in any report to review a transaction. Attaching PDFs to the statements are fantastic. Communication is wonderful.

The finer accounting pieces. I would love to be able to run the balance sheet and click on Operating Cash to see what the balance of each bank account that makes up the Operating cash, then if I want to see by property, I could click on that total.

Herb
President in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

AppFolio is terrific and continues to get better

Kommentare: Overall, providing the initial data from our old system for the setup was easy, of course you need to provide accurate data. Everything went well and whether i provided PDF's or Excel files, the only real errors were made on data we provided. It was easy enough to correct. We are thrilled with AppFolio since making the switch in November 2018.

Easy to use web based software, includes apps for management and homeowner/tenant. AppFolio continues to make improvements and they appear, never an update on our end needed, love that since it is web based. Set up a vendor once to use across all condominium associations the vendor provides services for, good work order system and improvements made based on user feedback.

I would like the ability to modify the user level access myself, but that isn't a real problem, just a nicety. There needs to be the ability to create folders or directories to upload the condominium documents so they can be categorized, otherwise an owner needs to look through a significant amount of files. I understand that is in the works though.

Morgan
Area Manager in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

AppFolio is good, but still some features that I WOULD LOVE

Kommentare: Since we have upgraded to AF plus and a dedicated rep I think that we have been able to use AppFolio more for what we want vs, what the greater good does.

I love how easy it is to use. I like customizing our own reports and how easy it is. It's exciting when "what's new" comes out and figuring out how we can us it!

What I find as a pro is also a con. It is customizable, but the reporting we have to do more "workarounds" to get our desired info and often these workarounds are not 100% accurate. Such as commission tracking, rental reporting for team members, renewals and screening process is basic. I think that appfolio is close but I think they could up the game with more functional guest cards and follow-ups where we take control and customize.

General Manager in USA

Better than expected

The ease of use and mobile app make this software very useful for property managers. For leasing, the application and lease signing process is pretty seamless once set-up. The Online Portal is also great as it helps cut down on unnecessary emails or calls to the office. Residents can pay rent, submit requests for maintenance, and sign lease renewals all through their Online Portal. The lease renewal interface is one of my favorite features as it has really cuts down on the amount of time I spend drafting and preparing renewals. This software offers a lot and they are always pushing out updates and new features which is great.

The biggest problem is customer support. Some requests take days or weeks to hear back from someone and in property management, we typically don't have days or weeks to wait for a fix to a problem we are experiencing. However, when someone does help, they tend to always be able to resolve our problems. I would also like to see more customization to the software. Little things like being able to add my own "reasons for move-out" to the drop down when selecting a reason for a move-out. Also adding the option for management to select "preferred/available times" when entering a maintenance request for a resident. Residents have this option when submitting via the online portal, but management does not if they are entering a request on behalf of a resident. The work around is just writing it in the access notes, but that seems disconnected since user submitted requests will show the preferred times in a different section so maintenance staff may overlook it since it will be in a different spot than usual.

Antwort von AppFolio

Hi Dennis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback.

Dean
Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Top 5 Things Tenants Don't Want You to Know About Using Appfolio and Why It Costs You.

Kommentare: I wouldn't manage property without it.

1. When Money is collected electronically you never have to think about who's paid and who hasn't. - Even with a handful of units, it's time consuming to collect checks and deposit them on a regular basis. This causes sloppy book keeping and helps tenants get away with not paying timely. 2. When a computer keeps track of payments late fees are always charged. - late fees get charged automatically. This trains tenants to pay automatically. No more not paying late fees. " It's already charged and it's part of your lease ". 3. When communicating with tenants electronically, there's a record of the conversation. - " I didn't say it was my fault ". This is no longer an argument. Every text, email, and even notes from phone conversations are stored in the tenant profile. 4.Utility billing can become a profit center instead of a nightmare. - When incorporating RUBS or just paying for the water bill, when done with the correct process, unpaid utilities can legally incur late fees which makes tenants pay them instead of sticking the owner with them at the end of the lease. 5. It's much easier to protect a property through liability insurance. - By using the automatic liability insurance module, there is much less of a chance in lapsing renters insurance and the property has a better chance of recuperating losses due to " I fell asleep while the stove was on ". Yes, this has actually happened.

Appfolio is not something you plug into your current systems. To do it correctly and efficiently you'll need to rework your processes around it. This can be good or bad. Depending on if you like creating systems. When you're done, you'll have an employee that never sleeps and takes care of a ton of your management tasks.

Antwort von AppFolio

Hi Dean, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It's great to hear that AppFolio is integral to running your property management business. We appreciate your partnership!

Bill
CEO in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A "looking forward" Solution

Kommentare: This software has made our lives easier, and more productive. I have been able to send funds to a client who needed them desperately from the deck of a cruise ship. We are all very happy with our choice of AppFolio.

We have been using AppFolio for five years now. In that time, the features and adaptability of the software have increased significantly. When adopted the software, it really wasn't really geared toward commercial properties or owners associations. Since that time, they have really made it a great solution for us in those segments of the property management profession. They listen. They make changes/additions to the features based on feedback from the users. They can't satisfy every individual firm's specific method of handling an issue, but they really pay attention to providing a feature for the vast majority of users. One amazing feature they added was at a customer conference. At the beginning of the conference, they took a poll of what one feature would the users like. The overwhelming majority selected a calendaring feature. The initial roll out of that feature was released by the end of the two day conference. Since then, the calendar feature has become very robust and a great management tool. Back-up issues are no longer a worry.

Nothing so far. Another Pro: Another example occurred shortly after the first conference I attended. I was sitting at one of the outstanding mixers. A gentleman sat down next to me, said that he was with AppFolio. He asked if I had any suggestions as a new user. I said that as a data entry convenience (I'm an old programmer from the '60s), I was all about reducing keystrokes. I mentioned that it would be nice if you were in a date field that you could change the date by tapping the + or - keys. Turns out that he is one of the leaders of the firm, and the feature was activated in most date fields by the end of the week.

Antwort von AppFolio

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Bill and for continuing to partner with AppFolio. We look forward to continuing to work together!

Janee
Director of Property Management in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product overall! Highly recommend!

Kommentare: Overall, I am very satisfied with AppFolio Property Manager. We run a tight organization and I attribute much to this software.

This software keeps me organized and on top of managing a large inventory of properties and clients. -It has a strong financial reporting side that encompasses everything necessary to operate and deliver to owners as well as tenants. -We receive great feedback from the tenants as this software provides a very seamless experience from application process all the way through move outs. -User friendly, easy to navigate. -Reports to Experian credit bureau and now RentBureau. -I also love that on the property page, tenant page, owner page we can add activity reminders. -The options of reports are great and the customization of them are endless. -Owners, tenants, vendors all have portals to work in giving them access to their information/accounts. -AppFolio is always working to improve features and add new services that could benefit property management companies. -Newer feature is an app for tenants to use to pay online and schedule maintenance. Love it! Many pros. You won't be disappointed.

Overall, I don't have many cons and really had to think up what our biggest frustrations are with the software. Not bad if this is all I could come up with. We work around it because overall we are very satisfied with the product. -Small improvements that need to be made based on user experiences are seemingly overlooked as not important. Example, you can now email tenants/owners from their page. If the email does not go through there is no notification so we are unaware that tenants/owners did not receive our communication. So for now, I do not use that feature if it is something I need to be certain is received by other party. -There is also a sensitivity with the new showings feature that if a booked party does not reply exactly with CONFIRM, then the booking will automatically cancel. It creates many headaches daily. Cannot reply with YES, CONFIRMED, OK, I'LL BE THERE, etc. -Owners would like real time details in their owner portal, not just past monthly reports to review. All of these items have been suggested to AppFolio to review for tweaking by many users.

Doug
Owner/Manager in USA

From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management

Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

Antwort von AppFolio

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

Paris
CEO/President in USA

Small PM Company 20 Month Review

*Convenient user access on computer & phone. *User friendly & comprehensive for property management operations *Good visuals, nice looking documents & communication to customers. *Love how you launch improvements ongoing & post "What's New" *Sending work order links to vendors, how they can see all their w/o to stay better organized *Paying vendors via direct deposit. *Sharing documents to tenant & owner portals. No more mailing. *Helps organize functions

*Expensive. *Very complicated to manage the accounting portion. There are many hidden, connected functions, that fixing one, often doesn't fix all or messes something else up. *Move-outs are exceptionally difficult if you have to meet a short time line & have to break the tenant refunds into 2 payments. In WA state, water/sewer companies don't put account in tenant names or read meters in between, so we have to wait up to 60 days to get final bill. We want to hold out deposit funds for that & then refund the tenant any overcharged amount. *Customer service is friendly & knowledgeable, but have to wait for returned contact & about 25% of the time offers solutions doesn't fix all aspects or messes up something else. Big Issue: A HUGE number of brokerages are hiring outside Appfolio experts to help manage & solve their problems, instead of relying on Appfolio customer service. A HUGE number. There is something wrong with that.

Antwort von AppFolio

Hi Paris, thanks for the feedback. We know that the implementation of any new software can be an adjustment, so we've created our Help Center full of articles, community forums and other how-to training resources that will help you to master all of the capabilities within AppFolio Property Manager. We hope that as you continue to learn and grow with AppFolio that you will have a more positive experience moving forward!

Susan
Apartment Operations Manager in USA

Comprehensive Solution to Rental Property Management

Kommentare: We use Appfolio to manage our multi-family rentals and our commercial rentals all in one robust property management platform. We enjoy the multitude of automated functions that promote a streamlined workflow from maintenance to management and the ease of collaboration this suite provides. The real-time activity tracking provides excellent audit control, and the products intuitive design combined with content rich training materials make this one of the easiest programs to learn and use. The search feature is hands down the greatest resource for saving time when you need help with any feature.

That the software is intuitive, user friendly and the support and training are outstanding. I am truly impressed with ongoing emphasis to improve the software based on customer input and trends in the industry. The company's farsighted mentality gives us comfort this solution will continue to serve us well in the years to come, and the solid reputation and business model provides a sense of security only previously matched by one other software product, and AppFolio has grow to become an industry standard.

That the Guest Card widget cannot operate independent of the listing. We do not always have a listing, then we are forced to manually record guest cards. If there was a widget just for the Guest Card then we could embed this as a link on our website and prospects can feed data directly into a guest card which we can then utilize the tools such as waitlist or sending a application, etc. Some of the seemingly simplest and easiest product suggestions seem never to gain any traction with the programmers. Like asking to add make and model to the fixed asset report filters.

Christine
Office Manager/Accountant in
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Took a bit to get the hang of it, but would NEVER go back!

1. It has what I want from a property software,and if they don't have it, they will if you ask! 2. The customer service is spot on, they really love their customers and it shows! 3. Notes for EVERYTHING with PICS! No more tenants claiming they don't know what you're talking about or not knowing what they are trying to tell you is wrong with their units! 4. It makes it easy to keep track of all the data we have, literally everything has a place to be put. 5. I really love how in depth the help pages are and the fact that there are forums for the users to talk to each other about what they deal with and how they have worked around issues. It can take some time to find the right thing sometimes, but you can always find a way to make things work. Appfolio is very adaptable and it feels like there is no one way to use it. It works with each person in their own way!

1. The accounting took awhile to get used to and can be a little clunky and confusing at times (and I have an accounting degree). 2. Customer service can take up to 24 hours to get back to you, while that is still a good response time, when you have accounting questions, it can seem like forever. 3. Having the option for so much data can make it hard to remember WHERE your data for a particular item got placed. Was it the unit page? Owner page? Tenant notes? Vendor notes? Maintenance notes? Who knows! It would be great to see a system that links together notes a little better with catch words or a notes search option by date etc to make finding the large volumes of data we collect a little easier. But it is STILL a far better system than anything we have used before.

Antwort von AppFolio

Dear Christine, thanks for sharing your review! We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and are happy to see that appfolio has been a significant improvement from your last solution. We look forward to always improving our software for your use!

Tyler
Vice President in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall Fantastic Software that is always adding features!

The updates and the "what's new" feature are great, this software keeps evolving along with our business. Ability to mass-email or mass-text a property is great, and all the recording-keeping is great for peace of mind. Can't possibly imagine doing business without the organization of AppFolio. Universal Search is great, fast, and efficient. The mobile app is great.

The customer support can take a while, as in, there is no direct call option. Submitting a support request and waiting is fine most of the time, but having an "emergency" option would be great. Lack of specific rules for rent controlled areas. For example, Oakland and Berkeley have different rules for rent control and we have to constantly edit the auto-populate letter. It would be fantastic to have the option to have the option to have a different auto-populate letter for each property. Each City requires different things to be referenced. Charges are often auto-generated in the middle of the night when you manually onboard new tenants. For good record keeping, it's helpful to record when a rent charge started so we know accurate historical data and another way to know when tenants are eligible for a rent increases. But when we do this the system creates a charge for the current month in the middle of the night, which has to be manually reversed. The flow from application to move-in is very impressive, but AppFolio isn't as smooth when you take over management of a property that already has tenants, which is almost always the case. We've received some negative feedback from the call center, including a time where a tenant called to complain about the door being on the wrong side on a new fridge. The tenant said a female employee laughed at him. Personally I think this is hilarious, and there is a part of me that is glad she laughed at him, but it just made matters worse. Also the occasional complaint about not being able to get through to someone. There are requested features that seem reasonable and have a lot of support in the online community, but they don't happen, or at least not right away. I suppose you don't want to spoil us, but things like "weekly recurring work orders" and being able to toggle "payments required in full" for individual tenants seem like things that happen. Ultimately these are good things b/c I assume they will happen, but almost having the feature is painful. Electronic Payment requires a cell phone. This is kind of strange and would love to be able to just submit payment without the phone.

Antwort von AppFolio

Dear Tyler, Thank you for providing your honest feedback. If you are ever experiencing an urgent issue, you can add this to the subject of your support request and we will try our best to facilitate your urgent needs. We are constantly seeking to improve our product and support offerings and I have forwarded your product feedback to all of the appropriate teams for review. They will also reach out to you if they need more information. We appreciate your interaction with our user community as we continue to implement new features from our Product Suggestion Board! We look forward to our continued partnership!