Filtern nach:

Über AppFolio Property Manager

Deine komplette Immobilienverwaltungssoftware-Lösung, damit du deinen Arbeitstag optimieren und dich auf dein Endergebnis konzentrieren kannst.

Erfahre mehr über AppFolio Property Manager

Zeigt 1.704 Bewertungen

Joe P.
Joe P.
Executive Vice-President in USA
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

#1 single-family residential PM software

Kommentare: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

Daniele V.
AppFolio Administrator in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Our Business Runs on AppFolio!

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: From the onboarding process to going live, AppFolio has been there for us! Their team worked with us every day during data migration and user training, so that we were confident once we went live. AppFolio is so user friendly and the Help Center so comprehensive that we rarely need to contact support, but even when we do need their help, the support team is friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond. We couldn't be happier with our decision to move to AppFolio.

The ease of use. AppFolio makes every process seem simple. All of the information within AppFolio is easily searchable and our users don't need to be super tech savvy to use AppFolio with confidence.

We'd love to see AppFolio make a concerted effort to improve or add features for commercial properties like sales tracking/percentage rent billing. Even though the commercial property features aren't as robust as the residential features, I have no doubts that I will see these features in the future. AppFolio regularly releases new and improved features. They also maintain a robust user community wherein they take suggestions and let us know what suggestions are in the works.

Arell H.
General Manager in USA

Dunes of Naples

Kommentare: we have invested over a year of our time and really need to have some one work with us on the set up.
I have offered to pay for some one to fly out to us and provide housing to spend a few days with us.
If that cant happen please assign someone to my account for just for a week so that we can move forward.

We thought it was user friendly, we liked the app, and through the demo process (8-10 sessions) along with we sent an organizational structure, a list of requirements and priorities. Those sessions led us to believe your software would fit our needs. We were told you were making investments at the organizational level and executive and development levels specifically with the Association product. We are committed to you but need you to be committed to us and provide some extensive help.

Many, Many, Many. Would value a productive meeting to lay out what we are missing on our end. We are a Condo Association which consist of 634 units and & high rises. I believe many of our issues are easily fixed but have not had any luck with most of them. Example: In roles under maintenance tech we need the tech to be able to take assign a work order to a vendor and have the ability to view architectural reviews. We elevated the techs to maintenance cords which allows them to now close a work order and bill which we do not want them to have that ability. Per your team they can not hide that option. The Association Profile is complicated because it is obvousily designed for apartment rentals and not Association. I believe the bones of the software are good and the Association piece can be developed but we were led to believe the software was further along on the Association profile.

Valerie W.
Director of Property Management in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Software, needs timely customer care for established customers

4 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I love the product and when I can get the assistance I need I am very happy. We aren't a huge company but we manage close to 300 doors, so we are respectable. We were the first users in our area and told everyone to switch to them. I still think they are better than any other PM software provider we have used and we have used several. My only complaint is the inability to get timely customer care responses. Honestly, service after the sale is VERY important!

Overall ease of use. Accounting based, online rent payments, and ability to connect all areas of property management together.

When we first started with Appfolio they were very quick to respond to our customer service needs. Now, all you get is an email that directs you to watch videos or to online chat. When you have already exhausted those options and you need to speak to ANYONE, it is impossible! I have waited over a month for someone to call me back. By the time they call I have forgotten what I needed, or the details of the transaction I needed help with. They need to hire more customer service reps. When they do call you they are very friendly and knowledgeable, but they usually give you a few minutes and if you need help with someone else while you have them on the phone they tell you to make another request. Then, it's back to the WAIT game.

Zak H.
CFO in USA

Growing Together

Kommentare: Appfolio was a great decision when I was looking at Property Management Software. I have used other software but this one saves me so much time and frustration. I could not imagine my team using any other tool.

One of my favorite things about this software is that I feel like Appfolio is growing with my company. The software has come so far in the last couple years with lots of new features. There have been multiple occasions where I have a problem and then in a couple days I get notified that Appfolio has created a solution to my problem. It is actually very weird but I don't believe in coincidences so I just right it off as a great partnership.

I wish that I could change the bank accounts that the properties use currently to a new one without having to work with someone at Appfolio.

Sherry K.
Accounting Supervisor in USA

Appfolio Review July2021

Kommentare: Appfolio is a great product and takes a lot of the user labor out.

I love how you can tie everything in from property to owner to tenant. You can click on the amount in any report to review a transaction. Attaching PDFs to the statements are fantastic. Communication is wonderful.

The finer accounting pieces. I would love to be able to run the balance sheet and click on Operating Cash to see what the balance of each bank account that makes up the Operating cash, then if I want to see by property, I could click on that total.

Voner S.

My AppFolio Experience

Kommentare: We have thoroughly enjoyed using AppFolio as our Property Management software. On the first page of this review I had to select "real estate" because we actually manage numerous multi-family properties and commercial properties. It has been a pleasure to use a software that was easy, makes sense, and being able to customize things to suit your individual needs. The only negative feedback I would have, is the time you have to wait for an answer from tech support, if it is not an easy question you can get resolved on a chat. And at times, chat is not available either. That has been my most challenging thing because a lot of times, my problems come up with a time sensitive issue and I wait much longer than I would prefer. I understand there are other customers, and I get that. My past experience with tech support has never been to wait more than a few hours and at the most one day. Hopefully, that can improve because otherwise, we just love this software!!! Thank you so much for making our jobs much easier :)

It is user friendly and it makes sense! It allows you to edit and change where necessary, without a lot of headache. We all love AppFolio!

Conversions are always challenging, so that was probably the toughest part of the process when we changed from another software. Everyone was great though to work with and helping us get everything up and running.

K david M.
K david M.
Principal, Expert Witness in USA

Long Time User Still Enamorede

Kommentare: We have been using for over eight years with no plans to change. The software continues to improve, often from user comments and experiences.

AppFolio's user interface is the best in the business. They're short development cycle offers continued platform improvements. The software does every we need as a small owner/operator.

The lack of an open API. Support not as responsive as it was.

Brandy D.
Accounting Manager in USA
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Appfolio Property Manager Review by User

The software has sped up and increased efficiencies in our staff and processes. There's been quite a bit of streamlining.

There's significant room for improvement in the reporting and work order area. The ability to also charge tenants on the recurring basis prior to their lease start is a large inconvenience for our company, where students payment dates begin 2 months prior to their occupancy. Going through and adding charges to every account we set up is inconvenient, and leaves a large room for human error.

Frank F.
Frank F.
COO in USA
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Solid, Full-featured system for RE investors and PMCs

Kommentare: The software works great, from your first property to your 400th, so it's easy to scale with.

Easy to use, on the cloud, has everything you need to run a RE business, from payments to ticketing to accounting. Love the PayNearMe integration.

Totally closed system (no open API), so it's impossible to integrate other things with. Their in-house call center is expensive and poor value for the money, considering wait times.

Stacey K.
Director Of Operations in USA
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Newer user, Pleasant surprises, and managing challenges.

Kommentare: Our implementation team was great. We tested one building in the system (paid for it, not free) so that we had a real idea of what using it would be like. That gave part of our team a positive advantage. It is very easy to use although the language takes some getting use to and often at times -- people are up in arms about changes. If you can handle that, this software will be a great success.

It can be very user friendly if you invest the time to take advantage of what the system offers. It offers A LOT. When one thing doesn't work the way you want it to, it doesn't mean the system is bad. It is actually REALLY GOOD. It helps us encompass a lot of different platforms into one which was the main reason we chose it. We were pleasantly surprised how much we like using the software.

In our market, there are several items or tasks we need to perform or things we need to track that are often overlooked by property management software. Appfolio does know how to handle one task that is critical but it is not fully functional. When we choose the software, we thought because it was marketed as something that handled "NYC DHCR" leases but that's is misleading. As we were going live, we found out that it has limitations which resulted in us not being able to fully utilize in the way we thought we would. Once you discover things like this, it is quite difficult to get a total solution that is easy or quick available for use. This creates a real challenge and means we have to work around it but we want to be hopeful that we can help them continue to make advancements to fully handle the NYC market. In the meantime, we are stuck with challenges.

Angela G.
C.O.O. in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Appfolio - Great Property Management Software!

Kommentare: Overall we are pretty happy with it. We wouldn't trade it with any other product at this time and feel it has real value for our business. The shortcomings are outweighed by the positives. It's a bit pricey, but they are constantly upgrading their product. Customer service is pretty good but takes way too long sometimes, but other times they are very quick and they do have a lot of help provided in videos or online. Even though some of it can be difficult, it really helps us keep our books accurate and the communication aspect with our tenants is extremely helpful. We would definitely purchase it again.

It really helps keep everything in one place, organized and accurate. I love that they are always improving by upgrading or adding new features. One of the best things is all of the training they offer. There are multiple videos and training seminars, as well as regular conferences and a full help menu with instructions ready at hand. They are super friendly and always willing to help. The yearly customer conferences are great!

There are definitely features that are missing or could be improved, but they are constantly working on their product so some of the features missing in the past have been implemented and they have suggestion boards you can add a suggestion or vote on for new features. It can be pretty difficult sometimes to fix some of the accounting issues, but they do provide help. Sometimes customer service can take too long though, anywhere from 1 day to a week and that can be a hassle when you're trying to get things done.

Derek N.

Modern Software for a Modern World

Kommentare: I love AppFolio. It really does make our jobs 10x easier. Property management is not glamourous and it is not easy, AF helps us make it just a little bit easier and glamourous. AF is a great platform that we enjoy using on a daily basis.

AppFolio fits in great with our culture and our business. It evolves as we do and caters to our needs. The "What's New" features are something that is looked forward to whenever they roll out. The ease of use is great and makes it very easy to onboard new employees and cross-train existing staff.

The #1 feature that would benefit our company would be a more streamlined and customizable API so that we could connect with other tools that we use. I think some of the APM Plus features should be included with the non-Plus version, or give us mid-sized businesses some a la carte options. THE WORKFLOWS! I love these workflows but they are too complicated for the lamen. I am fairly tech-savvy and it's too much for us. We've partnered with another outside company to create many workflows and automation using Monday.com and we would LOVE these to be inside AF.

Allison A.

Promising Software / Horrible customer service

Kommentare: I could have had a great customer experience with appfolio, if they had better trained staff to answer your questions in a timely manner

I like the customization of this software. It is ideal if you manage a variety of portfolios. The dashboard and tasks menu are placed well and easy to navigate. The software uses a tab feature that allows to easily work with different tasks at a time. Excellent reporting features. Great mobile app

HORRIBLE customer service. The software is extremely robust, which will normally be a good thing. However, with that comes a lot of questions. Unfortunately only 1 out of 5 agents can help you. Most issues will have to be advanced to a senior agent . Once that happens you will have to EMAIL what your issue is or wait anywhere from 3-7 days for a scheduled phone call. So if your issue is time sensitive you are simply out of luck. I am seasoned property management professional, and I have worked with many softwares. Appfolio, by far is one of the most difficult I have worked with. There is countless steps to complete everything. Of course that allows for a lot of customization, but understand it takes a long time to learn it. Additionally there are promised features that don't work well. For example text messaging. You can text within the software, but there is no push notification. So if you are not inside the software or checking you email constantly, you won't know someone sent a text. So Pointless!!!. That is just one of many. There is reason there is no free trial and they bound you to a one year contract.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Allison, thank you for reaching out to us with your feedback. We do have a guaranteed response rate of 24-48 hours but many issues to require us to follow-up with more information is it is a more complicated accounting question. We do have a robust Help & Training center if you need assistance with accounting. We hope we can improve your experience moving forward!

Michael D.
General Manager in USA

Better than expected

The ease of use and mobile app make this software very useful for property managers. For leasing, the application and lease signing process is pretty seamless once set-up. The Online Portal is also great as it helps cut down on unnecessary emails or calls to the office. Residents can pay rent, submit requests for maintenance, and sign lease renewals all through their Online Portal. The lease renewal interface is one of my favorite features as it has really cuts down on the amount of time I spend drafting and preparing renewals. This software offers a lot and they are always pushing out updates and new features which is great.

The biggest problem is customer support. Some requests take days or weeks to hear back from someone and in property management, we typically don't have days or weeks to wait for a fix to a problem we are experiencing. However, when someone does help, they tend to always be able to resolve our problems. I would also like to see more customization to the software. Little things like being able to add my own "reasons for move-out" to the drop down when selecting a reason for a move-out. Also adding the option for management to select "preferred/available times" when entering a maintenance request for a resident. Residents have this option when submitting via the online portal, but management does not if they are entering a request on behalf of a resident. The work around is just writing it in the access notes, but that seems disconnected since user submitted requests will show the preferred times in a different section so maintenance staff may overlook it since it will be in a different spot than usual.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Dennis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we appreciate your feedback.

Mario V.
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Appfolio: An Overall Property Management Solution

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Appfolio definitely makes up for any short comings with their innovation and user friendly interface. We like their attention to detail and their progressive attitude towards the future of online property management solutions. I've used other property management systems in the past and they all have significant downsides, whether lacking in their online integration, being too complicated, overkill or some other glaring issue. We like and have grown to depend on Appfolio. Even with it's slight flaws, which are minimal, but hey, no online property management software is perfect.

We love the ease of use, flow of the interface, and the online integration, the cost is inline with other comparable software, so you definitely get what you pay for. We wish we could make use of all of the features the software has to offer, as there is so much to choose from. Their customer services is upstanding, and we make good use of the 24 hour tenant maintenance support line. We've used Appfolio for 6 years now, and so far we've had a good experience.

The cons while important are minimal. We face underlying program issues, such as with rent charges. The system is set up for 1st of the month rent charges ONLY, but we have different rent due dates ranging from the 1st to the 15th. This causes havoc for us as some tenants with due dates other than the 1st get charged twice in the longer months. We have to pay them back and it can be very frustrating for them as they have to wait days for their funds. As well the tenant's online portal doesn't always show the correct amount owed as it automatically includes charges for the upcoming month, which confuses most tenants. The ease of use is also a double edged sword since if not careful, as with a lot of programs, you can make system changes, and data or journal entry mistakes that can be difficult to fix. While the customer support is helpful they are not always the end all, so you might be expected to fix your own problems if needed. In some cases customer service can only take you so far. If the issue is long lasting they may start to wane on their responses to you with assistance or be unable to help you. But this is explained when you begin orientation so you should take the responsibility of educating yourself on the system before using it.

Brayden M.
Owner/Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

AppFolio is Powerful, Take the time to study it

5 letztes Jahr

This software is amazing. It has so many features from initial contact with prospective renters all the way through the rental process. It allows you to initiate online payments to vendors and owners. It is capable of creating HTML packets for posting to websites manually. It also posts automatically to about 30 other websites. It is awesome.

It has taken a lot of work to learn and I’m still learning a lot and I’ve been using it for 7 years. You have to treat it like learning a new language and dive in to understand each facet of the software.

Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.
Executive Manager in USA

Well-Rounded & Reliable

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Appfolio has world class customer service with extremely quick response time. Implementing the software was as easy as it could have been. It still takes time and effort, but it is certainly worth it to be on such a streamlined software.

I love the ability to track collections, maintenance orders, and Tenant info/documents from my smartphone. This software gives me the option to have any staff work remote as needed and still do our jobs at 100% capacity.

Appfolio does a nice job at continuing to develop better features. One area that needs improvements is the ability to do inspections. It takes forever for photos to upload while at the property and uses a ton of data. Would be nice to be able to have the inspections saved locally to the phone and then upload all at once while on WiFi. This would speed up inspections drastically. Improving inspection templates is also needed.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Benjamin, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Susan H.
Apartment Operations Manager in USA

Comprehensive Solution to Rental Property Management

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We use Appfolio to manage our multi-family rentals and our commercial rentals all in one robust property management platform. We enjoy the multitude of automated functions that promote a streamlined workflow from maintenance to management and the ease of collaboration this suite provides. The real-time activity tracking provides excellent audit control, and the products intuitive design combined with content rich training materials make this one of the easiest programs to learn and use. The search feature is hands down the greatest resource for saving time when you need help with any feature.

That the software is intuitive, user friendly and the support and training are outstanding. I am truly impressed with ongoing emphasis to improve the software based on customer input and trends in the industry. The company's farsighted mentality gives us comfort this solution will continue to serve us well in the years to come, and the solid reputation and business model provides a sense of security only previously matched by one other software product, and AppFolio has grow to become an industry standard.

That the Guest Card widget cannot operate independent of the listing. We do not always have a listing, then we are forced to manually record guest cards. If there was a widget just for the Guest Card then we could embed this as a link on our website and prospects can feed data directly into a guest card which we can then utilize the tools such as waitlist or sending a application, etc. Some of the seemingly simplest and easiest product suggestions seem never to gain any traction with the programmers. Like asking to add make and model to the fixed asset report filters.

Brooks B.
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best software on the market

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, we are extremely happy customers and plan to be Appfolio customers for life.

Appfolio has not only a lot of functionality, but is easy to use across our entire organization. It has become the primary backbone of our property management business and we truly view Appfolio as a Partner, not a technology service provider.

Our primary critique with Appfolio is that they tend not to let other good real estate tech products plug into their software via API. In other words, they like to build new products/functions in-house instead of via partnership or integration. There are pros and cons, but in general I would like to see Appfolio play nicer with other prop tech products.

James L.
Executive Property Manager in USA

Great Initially but Caters to Larger Companies Now

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience has been generally positive however I wish they would offer the same features and services to all of their clients regardless of their portfolio size. If you already have the technology available and a cost structure in place to offer these services, I don't see how portfolio size matters. Overall, it's a good product but they're starting to nickel and dime customers for services previously included in the monthly subscription prices. They're also releasing a lot of cool new tools such as the artificial intelligence assistance however you should verify that you're going to be able to access all of the tools you want to before signing up as you might discover that you don't meet their minimum portfolio size to take advantage of such features.

I love how easy it is to use and that it's got everything integrated from inspections to maintenance to accounting to contract management. It also posts my listings to a bunch of websites automatically.

It was initially a perfect fit for our company. We wanted our website and property management software integrated and we loved the features such as the tenant portal etc. In the past couple of years, it seems that they are gearing themselves more toward large companies (1000+ units) as they are only making certain features available to their larger clients (i.e. Lisa AI / artificial intelligence secretary) despite having the technology already to accommodate all clients regardless of company size. Additionally, we paid a lofty website setup fee when we originally enrolled in the software in 2014. They charge anywhere from $1000-5000 to redesign the website and as of March 2021, they are forcing everyone to migrate their website over to a new design and imposing a monthly fee to host the website in addition the the regular monthly fee.

Susie L.
Executive Property Manager in USA

New Features Added Almost Daily

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Streamlining client and tenant on-boarding. Utilization of online apps, leases, renewals, inspections, and management contracts.

We have had great success with AppFolio. Our interactions with customer service are productive. It seems like new or updated features are being added almost on a daily basis. Users can drill down into reports with more precision, new options are added on tenant and owner portals, and improvements to the dashboard customization are only a few examples. The company listens to their customers needs and wants - and then delivers! We have no intention of shopping for a new software company for our property management needs.

Reporting is hard to learn for new users. I believe this is because there are so many options, with new options being added all the time.

Danny L.
Cam in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Data Configuration and Segregation of Data by Association

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I think overall it has been a good experience but the on-boarding team should highlight the things we need to do to make it easier down the road when we grow to more that 2 or 3 associations. When doing work for an association we need ways of setting temporary defaults to allow to do billing, payments, reporting etc. without having to enter the association over and over. Even this survey was not set up right. You ask what the industry was and none of them dealt with what we do like Association Management.

It is easy to use for sure and support and on boarding was great.

The product is too slanted toward rentals or property management with one association. If you had 60 associations in a portfolio you have all your GL Accounts, Bank Accounts, Vendors all together. This is just good design from a functional stand point making customers name things to know the difference. You should keep things separated by Association. Weak design from a data structure point of view making it fit the small companies but not good for the larger portfolios.

Joseph M.
Staff Accountant in USA

Great Software, Better Tech Support

Kommentare: Fantastic software.

User interface and tech support. The user interface is intuitive, more often than not at least, and the tech support is incredibly responsive and helpful.

It is build on a Cash basis accounting system (extremely helpful for property management but numbingly difficult for COA/HOA management, which is by definition an Accrual game)

Brandon C.
Broker/Owner in USA

Requested Features Still Have Not Been Added

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The software does a very good job, I fee like they could make some changes to make it a little more customizable and it could be great!

The accounting is the most robust I have found and do like most of those features.

I am still unable to text all my tenants at once for emergency situations, this has been requested for years now by hundreds of managers along with myself and its obvious that Appfolio does not listen to most requests no matter how many people have asked for it. I also do not like that I cannot use an outside screening source and the very high cost to screen through appfolio. I also do not like the high cost of a website.