Über Insight

Salon-Management-System mit Fokus auf Kundenservice. Die Software soll dir und deinem Salon helfen, dich zu organisieren, Zeit zu sparen und den Umsatz zu steigern.

Erfahre mehr über Insight

Very user friendly and what we like most is the reporting capabilities. In a matter of seconds you can get any analysis report required.

Difficult to use, difficult to learn, terrible customer support, very little training or assistance with set-up. Lots of reports, however, most of them are pretty useless.

Bewertungen zu Insight

Insight hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 137 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Insight bereits verwendet?

Roberta
Owner/Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It serves it purpose.

Customer support. They are friendly and very helpful and are always there when we need them!!! 24/7!!

There are so many features. There really should be a class to talke for about a week to learn everything. I've had it for almost three years still am not using everything because I'm don't know how it works. I also think it's crazy we have to pay extra for text messaging. I was also told when ai bought the system it would become apple friendly which was why I chose it. Now I am told that will never happen because of the platform it was built in. Basically your sales department lied to be to get the sale.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Hi Roberta, we appreciate your feedback. While Insight runs best with Windows, it certainly can work with Macs as well. As we offer true, two-way text messaging (not simply email-to-text), there is a cost for sending SMS. Depending on the number of texts you wish to send, our Insight Deluxe Cloud plan may be a more affordable option. Talk to our Sales Team (1-888-919-5841) to learn more.

Steven
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Choice Overall

Kommentare: We took over ownership of a salon that has used Insight for years, so we decided to keep using it. Overall it functions well and has pretty much all of the features we need.
Throughout the last year we ran into a few technical hiccups but customer service was helpful in getting things ironed out. We have an excellent representative that is okay with us emailing her directly which is a rare thing and is much appreciated. Most of the support staff is helpful but there's one person that seems to get annoyed or sound inconvenienced when I call in about something. It's happened a handful of times with that support staff member.
If you're a relatively small salon & spa, Insight is a great choice. We have found that the monthly fee added on top of the price to purchase SMS bundles has caused the cost of Insight to exceed other software on the market. If you send a lot of text messages to clients, keep this mind since it can increase your budgeted expense for software.
Overall quality (4) - It works well but at times throws error messages for certain reports that requires a call to support staff.
Ease of Use (4) - There's a learning curve to Insight but that's nothing new. There's a TON of reports which takes considerable time to learn, and no one report includes a dashboard of all statistics an owner might need. I find this tedious having to run several reports multiple times for each team member.
I can recommend Insight to anyone looking for a salon & spa software, but felt it's my duty to cover both the pros and cons. Hopefully this review will help.

Offers several features that most owners need. Relatively easy to learn and support staff seems willing to help if you're lost or have issues with anything. Uptime is good if you're using the cloud version, which is recommended over the installed version.

Having to buy SMS bundles drives up the cost of the software. Budget wisely. Random errors when running some reports, which are usually fixed once support knows about it.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

As we have told many of our users, if you have an idea for a specific report that you would like to see added to Insight, please send us a rough outline of your specifications to requests@salon-software.com and we will try to add it in to a future release. Asking for a "dashboard with all stats an owner might need" is fairly subjective because each owner might have different thoughts on what those "needs" are so if you can give us a specific example of what you want to see we can work on that.

K
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not impressed with the software at all, but the customer service in the help department rocks.

Kommentare: Not intuitive at all, tedious to work with, clients not able to enter credit cards at booking, which for me was a major necessity. I was told if I integrated my credit card processing and bought their code card swiper clients would be able to enter their card info at booking. That was not the case. I would still have to call each one to get their credit card info and save it to the system, which defeats the purpose of online booking saving me time. Once integration was enabled, I had to enter a password 11! times just to check someone out. The support staff fixed it a bit, which brought it down to 6 times per checkout, which is still too many. The owner told me that's the case with all software programs and told me the new one I switched to, as well as 4 of the other major spa software programs were operating outside of PCI compliance by not having to enter a password that many times, but that was an "alternative fact." Online booking is also not intuitive, especially for spas that offer quite a few services, as the drop down menu of services is alphabetized, rather than grouped by category (i.e. facials, waxing, tinting, etc) and then alphabetized. The new software I have has a grouped drop down menu and also allows for further customization if needed. The reports were confusing, more so than any other software I've used. It's a very nickel and dime software, where you are charged for text message reminders, data conversion (mine may have been waived at sign up, but there was just no charge with the new software at all), and it was poor service and representation to sell me a customized credit card swiper to solve a problem it didn't solve, and then tell me I couldn't get a refund when we realized it wouldn't work within 3 days. The response was that, "it states on our website that the hardware is not refundable," but I wasn't on the website when they talked me into signing up for the swiper by phone. If you have Macs and iPads, steer clear. They claim to work with those, but neglect to reveal the 10 sec delay each time you do anything, while Apples "talk" to Windows. I had the same awesome software for years but outgrew it and was looking for more. What I got with Insight, was just more headaches.
The one glowing review I have is for everyone at their tech support office. They were very patient and extremely helpful, and if the call was during their office hours, they were pretty quick to answer and were almost always able to solve the issue. :)

The customer support team is awesome!

Clients cannot enter credit cards at booking, drop down menus were tedious as all services are lumped together alphabetically, reports are tedious, paying for text reminders is tedious, doesn't work well at all with Macs, and occasionally, I couldn't even get into the system. Also, the owner is not pleasant to deal with and sounds like a mini Trump whenever he is called out on an issue. He doesn't operate in good faith. Sold me hardware that wouldn't work and wouldn't take it back or even give me credit towards my account for it, since it cannot be used for anything else.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you have had a positive experience with our Customer Support team. We take security very seriously with Insight Software and ensure that we follow all the rules surrounding PCI and PA-DSS compliance. We encourage you to visit the PCI Security Standards Council website (www.pcisecuritystandards.org/assessors_and_solutions/payment_applications) to determine if software programs are truly approved payment applications. You can search by company name ("Syntec", in our case) or you can search by application name (e.g. "Insight") Even when dealing with a PCI compliant software, we advise you to be cautious when dealing with any company that offer work-arounds. While it may be more convenient for you and your staff, it will be your business who will face the consequences if caught.

Renata
Hairstylist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great but needs some improvement

Kommentare: I have been using Insight for a few years now. The software is somewhat user friendly, once you know your way around it's pretty easy to navigate around. I love the fact that I can schedule appt from an app on my phone, I don't ever need to call the salon to see when my first apt is in the morning. Having said that there are a lot of things that still need a little improvement. Example: I can't double book from my phone. I can't change my working schedule from my phone. I can add a special break or block a time when I know I won't be available but then I can't see the notes I have under that block. On the software itself, when I'm using the computer I can schedule multiple services for one client (I can however it will show as separate appts and opposed to one long appt.
I also would love to get texting with my service, however for a booth renter like myself that service is a little too pricey. Would be nice if it was included in the $35/month I currently pay.
The customer service is excellent. I always get to talk to someone quickly and they always have been able to help me.
After all the little things that I know one day will be fixed I love this program. Easier than a few I have tried in the past.

I'm able to use my phone to schedule appts

I can't double book from my phone I can't change my working schedule from my phone Too expensive to have access to text to confirm or cancel appts

Shannon
Salon & Spa Director in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Insight Makes My Life Easier!

Kommentare: PROS: Ease of use, Great Technical Support, Very Affordable
CONS: This isn't necessarily a con, because the program's functionality is effective, but it would be nice to have a greater range of options in some areas of the program
Our salon and spa has been using Insight for a number of years. Insight Salon Software is so easy to use. Steps are intuitive. Even if you didn't have someone available to show you how to use the program, you could learn the system fairly quickly on your own. The price point is reasonable, and there have been no hidden costs or fees. About a year ago another software was highly recommended to us, and we opted to give it a try. And try we did; we struggled to learn and use the system. 6 months later, we took the loss on the other software and came back to Insight. The support I received to transition back made it so quick and painless that I almost couldn't believe it. And when I announced to my staff that morning that we were back live with Insight, every member either hugged or thanked me profusely! Now, we could get back to focusing on important things, not on a software program!! One thing I love about Insight is the ease of movement within the program. For instance, when you open a search screen, your cursor automatically appears in the search box and in many places you can simply hit Enter to move to the next box. These may seem like minor details, but if you've ever worked with this capability and then tried to use another program that doesn't have it, the time saving aspect becomes quickly apparent. We do at times have issues with the automatic features working correctly - appointment confirmations, nightly backups, phone app - and end up having to these things manually. But it is also a problem we had with the other program. These types of issues are just part of it. When something goes wrong, though, the technical team is always available and always friendly and helpful. We work off a fairly detailed business plan, and I wish there were more detailed options available for some areas - such as special commissions on specific services, report sorting, etc. - that would be more in line with some of the particulars of the way we operate. I hope to be able to work with Insight on some of these things. Bottom line, Insight Salon Software is more than worth the investment.

Taylor
Frontline General Management in Kanada

Seamless transition, and the solution to many issues we had in the past made Insight a smart choice.

The ability to find and run any report we may need in order to keep an eye on benchmarks and create goals is the most valuable tool for us. Insight makes it easy to look back in time, make changes where we need; as well takes the manual work out of marketing and reminders/confirmations of our appointments. We have been able to use the tools given to keep a closer eye on client trends and make sure we can solve even the smallest problems within salon functionality.

The thing that makes it a little harder to use is a small lack of customization in regards to what we can view on the appointment book screen, certain fees and services in our salon that don't really fit into any category or place, and the lost ability to add unlimited service providers in our quickly growing salon. Though Insight does offer the best they can when calling for solutions, and usually provides an alternative way of doing things. It is disappointing to have to continue to pay more each time we are ready to add a new feature.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Hi Taylor, thanks for sharing your feedback!

Ryan
Owner in Kanada

Amazing experience- the company really cares about you and stands for their product

Amazing experience from the start. Sales got me best fit and deal. Support helped set me up the first phone call I made on the equipment arrived. Every time we had questions they answer the call right away and they are very very knowledgeable. I also had two reports I needed to be tweaked to how I am managing my business and I actually had discussions with the President of the company who went completely above and beyond with his whole team to get the report modifications (a LOT of work too) ahead of the regular release schedule because they knew how much they impacted us. I recommend this as the definitive and premiere salon software to use. I could not imagine a better piece of software with a company ran by better people in the world. I feel like we got lucky by selecting Insight!

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ryan!

rupal
Gastgewerbe

Excellent

Kommentare: I can't run my spa now without this software

Easy to manage and quick at help. I like their remote access too. I am going to start their SMS tool to do reminders for client that's great it save lot of time.

I can't move all appointments at once and that's only my concern. Oh yes I would like to have their birthday pop up for that month beginning for all month of birthday but instead it is from day to day month goes.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thank you for the review, Rupal! In the System Setup area, you can actually choose when you want to be notified of birthdays and anniversaries. For example, you can ask Insight to let you know if the client's birthday is within 30 days of the current date. If you have any questions, give our support team a call (1-800-805-4532) and they will be happy to assist.

Kendra
Owner/Operator in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and a helpful support system.

Kommentare: Ease of understanding how my salon is performing.

You can't "mess" anything up that cannot be corrected. It is easy to train staff and extremely user friendly just "surfing" through reports.

Not having an integrated electronic signature program for credit card processing. Keeping printed receipts is outdated.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Kendra, we actually do have an integrated electronic signature pad for credit cards but it isn't part of the Insight software...it is part of the cc machine you use with Insight. I see from your account that you don't yet have integrated payments with Insight so if you call our sales office at 1-888-919-5841 they can give you all the info you would need on getting a signature capture device for credit card processing that will fully integrate with Insight.

Fawzie
Customer service representative in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

I recommended everyone to use this

I like it most for tracking the appointments

I have nothing like least about insight software

Paige
Massage Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

The worst spa and salon software by far!

Kommentare: I joined insight 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems with this company. They never answer their phones, and when they do they seem not very interested in sorting any of your problems out. What I am most upset about was them turning off my program when I tried to call not once but twice to make a payment with them. I spoke to a rep who basically threw it in my face that they have a right to disable your account. I have had a lot of software and normally they give you a grace period especially since your trying to make that payment.

None

Rude Hard to get a hold of

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Paige, Thank you for your "alternative facts" based review. You may not be aware but all calls in and out of our sales and support offices are logged and recorded so the real truth (yes truth does still actually exist) is quite the opposite of your version. We have in fact tried calling you numerous times when your credit card is repeatedly declined and you will recall that it was you that was rude, called our customer service rep a "bitch" and hung up on her. The only way we could every get you to call us back was to disable the account that you were overdue in paying and then you were the rude one. All fees you have been charged are in accordance with the agreement you signed when your account was set up. The fact that you have "had a lot of softwares" is testament to the fact that your card always declines and the companies have to disable your account. We are quite happy to end our agreement with you and wish Mind Body the best of luck getting paid. The truth has set us free.

Brandy
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Archaic platform and terrible customer service...

Kommentare: There are many better options out there that are more with the times.

When I first started with them in 2010 they were a bit more affordable than other options out there. Now there are many more options available.

Their platform looks like it is from the 80's, it feels very outdated. When I spoke with customer support about this they said they had been around for 25 years and had no intention of changing. when I needed customer support, even though I often needed it only because of issue that was because of the software, not me or my staff.

Julie
Owner/ Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Kommentare: Love this software!! I've used it for going on 10 years!! Just as my business has grown and changed, so has this software. The tech support team is always fantastic. They are very helpful and nice. I love all the systems that this software is capable of tracking.

Tracking of who does what in the system. Love how you can set up each individual's access to different areas of the system.

limited credit card processors. Haven't had any trouble just would like to be easier to shop rates.

Stephanie
Co- Owner/Operator in Kanada
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We love this service for our hair stylists appointments however the tanning modules need work

Kommentare: The software manages my salon and tanning client profiles accurately and easily.

I love the amount of customization that is available even in regards to menu access. It helps my part time staff make the program work for their thought process and technical ability.

The tanning modules, the repetition when changing or moving appointments, the lack of flexibility in the mobile app.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review, Stephanie! We are always looking for feedback from clients to improve and add features. Please send us an email at requests@salon-software.com with more details about how we can make the tanning module or mobile app work better for you.

Julie
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Insight customer service

Kommentare: Anytime I have had a question or problem (which it is usually something I am doing wrong) the staff is SO helpful and patient!!! I spoke to our rep this week and she was very informative about the additional services I was wanting to add on to my existing account. Thank you! Excellent customer service!!

Ease of use

Sometimes difficulty with app to view schedule. (However a lot of times it is because we have not done update or have not updated phones)

Lindsay
Owner/stylist in USA

Has made a huge difference for the better for our salon!

I can think of so many pros! Keeps the salon functioning and organized Has made the salon more profitable Love all the reports we can use for the salon and each individual stylist Helps with loss prevention and ordering products Has overall been the best decision for our salon a few years ago!

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the positive feedback, Lindsay!

Trudy
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Someone is always there to help!

Very user friendly and what we like most is the reporting capabilities'. In a matter of seconds you can get any analysis report required

Setting up online booking has not been too easy for us to figure out. We also don't use minutes for our tanning beds and this has caused some issues in the past that we've not been able to resolve

Leah
Independent stylist/Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Very user friendly!

Kommentare: I switched over to Insight after using several other types of software designed for Salon use. This one was super easy to pick up and has some great reports I utilized daily. No longer using because I switched salons and they don't have a computer. Wish I still had it! Awesome!

Very user friendly

Not sure it has an app? Would love that feature for online booking

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Yes we do have apps for the staff to use as well as online booking for clients to book their own appointments. If your new salon doesn't have a system tell them to call the sales office and we will get them set up and you qualify for a referral reward.

Gretchen

Our overall experience is good with Insight. I have nothing to compare to but really satisfied.

We really love online booking. I also love that we are hosted and get all the tech support when we need it.

When there are glitches every now and then and things don't operate smoothly. We have had online booking appts. Not show up in our schedules. Has happened about three times.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review, Gretchen!

Felicia
manager in USA
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Used it for years at my old salon

This software was very easy to use and most of the time customer support was always on our side. There were a lot of options to use to run our business successfully.

too expensive. went independent for myself and wanted to use the same software but couldn't afford it.

Wendy
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Scheduling simplified

Kommentare: I have used Insight for over 10 years, originally when I worked for another business, then purchased a plan when I opened my own. It has be instrumental in keeping my business on track and customers scheduling and accounting! I would be lost with out it!

Customer service is great!

Don't always send my receipts in a timely fashion.

Donna
Stylist- Salon Owner in USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I love this software - my only issue comes with the phone app version

Kommentare: I have used this software for my biz for about 15 years - it is truly awesome & easy to use! My only wish would be that they add in ability for stylists to change their schedule through the app and ability to take cc payments thru the phone app as well

Super easy to use

Phone app could be more user friendly

Jeffrey
, Selbstständig

I love insight!

Kommentare: Insight is the easiest! I have used this application for yeas now. I have never had an issue. The support is so great. We are a small Salon, but with Insight we have everything under control!

the ease in adding client info.

I don't use it to its full potential.

Israel
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

7 years and happy

Kommentare: We have been using insight for 7 years and have been in business for 13 years I wish we would have switch earlier best customer service

It is easy to master and learn

Thank you Landmark Salon & Spa, we value your feedback. Insight Software Team

Cindy
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time saving and organized!

Kommentare: Love the capabilities of this program it's easy to learn and integrates with quick books which are a huge timesaver for me.

Quick books integration.

The payroll feature. I don't use it. I have a payroll company that I use.