Filtern nach:

Über Insight

Salon-Management-System mit Fokus auf Kundenservice. Die Software soll dir und deinem Salon helfen, dich zu organisieren, Zeit zu sparen und den Umsatz zu steigern.

Erfahre mehr über Insight

Roberta D.
Owner/Stylist in USA

It serves it purpose.

Customer support. They are friendly and very helpful and are always there when we need them!!! 24/7!!

There are so many features. There really should be a class to talke for about a week to learn everything. I've had it for almost three years still am not using everything because I'm don't know how it works. I also think it's crazy we have to pay extra for text messaging. I was also told when ai bought the system it would become apple friendly which was why I chose it. Now I am told that will never happen because of the platform it was built in. Basically your sales department lied to be to get the sale.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Hi Roberta, we appreciate your feedback. While Insight runs best with Windows, it certainly can work with Macs as well. As we offer true, two-way text messaging (not simply email-to-text), there is a cost for sending SMS. Depending on the number of texts you wish to send, our Insight Deluxe Cloud plan may be a more affordable option. Talk to our Sales Team (1-888-919-5841) to learn more.

Steven B.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Choice Overall

Kommentare: We took over ownership of a salon that has used Insight for years, so we decided to keep using it. Overall it functions well and has pretty much all of the features we need.
Throughout the last year we ran into a few technical hiccups but customer service was helpful in getting things ironed out. We have an excellent representative that is okay with us emailing her directly which is a rare thing and is much appreciated. Most of the support staff is helpful but there's one person that seems to get annoyed or sound inconvenienced when I call in about something. It's happened a handful of times with that support staff member.
If you're a relatively small salon & spa, Insight is a great choice. We have found that the monthly fee added on top of the price to purchase SMS bundles has caused the cost of Insight to exceed other software on the market. If you send a lot of text messages to clients, keep this mind since it can increase your budgeted expense for software.
Overall quality (4) - It works well but at times throws error messages for certain reports that requires a call to support staff.
Ease of Use (4) - There's a learning curve to Insight but that's nothing new. There's a TON of reports which takes considerable time to learn, and no one report includes a dashboard of all statistics an owner might need. I find this tedious having to run several reports multiple times for each team member.
I can recommend Insight to anyone looking for a salon & spa software, but felt it's my duty to cover both the pros and cons. Hopefully this review will help.

Offers several features that most owners need. Relatively easy to learn and support staff seems willing to help if you're lost or have issues with anything. Uptime is good if you're using the cloud version, which is recommended over the installed version.

Having to buy SMS bundles drives up the cost of the software. Budget wisely. Random errors when running some reports, which are usually fixed once support knows about it.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

As we have told many of our users, if you have an idea for a specific report that you would like to see added to Insight, please send us a rough outline of your specifications to requests@salon-software.com and we will try to add it in to a future release. Asking for a "dashboard with all stats an owner might need" is fairly subjective because each owner might have different thoughts on what those "needs" are so if you can give us a specific example of what you want to see we can work on that.

K B.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not impressed with the software at all, but the customer service in the help department rocks.

Kommentare: Not intuitive at all, tedious to work with, clients not able to enter credit cards at booking, which for me was a major necessity. I was told if I integrated my credit card processing and bought their code card swiper clients would be able to enter their card info at booking. That was not the case. I would still have to call each one to get their credit card info and save it to the system, which defeats the purpose of online booking saving me time. Once integration was enabled, I had to enter a password 11! times just to check someone out. The support staff fixed it a bit, which brought it down to 6 times per checkout, which is still too many. The owner told me that's the case with all software programs and told me the new one I switched to, as well as 4 of the other major spa software programs were operating outside of PCI compliance by not having to enter a password that many times, but that was an "alternative fact." Online booking is also not intuitive, especially for spas that offer quite a few services, as the drop down menu of services is alphabetized, rather than grouped by category (i.e. facials, waxing, tinting, etc) and then alphabetized. The new software I have has a grouped drop down menu and also allows for further customization if needed. The reports were confusing, more so than any other software I've used. It's a very nickel and dime software, where you are charged for text message reminders, data conversion (mine may have been waived at sign up, but there was just no charge with the new software at all), and it was poor service and representation to sell me a customized credit card swiper to solve a problem it didn't solve, and then tell me I couldn't get a refund when we realized it wouldn't work within 3 days. The response was that, "it states on our website that the hardware is not refundable," but I wasn't on the website when they talked me into signing up for the swiper by phone. If you have Macs and iPads, steer clear. They claim to work with those, but neglect to reveal the 10 sec delay each time you do anything, while Apples "talk" to Windows. I had the same awesome software for years but outgrew it and was looking for more. What I got with Insight, was just more headaches.
The one glowing review I have is for everyone at their tech support office. They were very patient and extremely helpful, and if the call was during their office hours, they were pretty quick to answer and were almost always able to solve the issue. :)

The customer support team is awesome!

Clients cannot enter credit cards at booking, drop down menus were tedious as all services are lumped together alphabetically, reports are tedious, paying for text reminders is tedious, doesn't work well at all with Macs, and occasionally, I couldn't even get into the system. Also, the owner is not pleasant to deal with and sounds like a mini Trump whenever he is called out on an issue. He doesn't operate in good faith. Sold me hardware that wouldn't work and wouldn't take it back or even give me credit towards my account for it, since it cannot be used for anything else.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you have had a positive experience with our Customer Support team. We take security very seriously with Insight Software and ensure that we follow all the rules surrounding PCI and PA-DSS compliance. We encourage you to visit the PCI Security Standards Council website (www.pcisecuritystandards.org/assessors_and_solutions/payment_applications) to determine if software programs are truly approved payment applications. You can search by company name ("Syntec", in our case) or you can search by application name (e.g. "Insight") Even when dealing with a PCI compliant software, we advise you to be cautious when dealing with any company that offer work-arounds. While it may be more convenient for you and your staff, it will be your business who will face the consequences if caught.

Renata B.
Hairstylist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great but needs some improvement

Kommentare: I have been using Insight for a few years now. The software is somewhat user friendly, once you know your way around it's pretty easy to navigate around. I love the fact that I can schedule appt from an app on my phone, I don't ever need to call the salon to see when my first apt is in the morning. Having said that there are a lot of things that still need a little improvement. Example: I can't double book from my phone. I can't change my working schedule from my phone. I can add a special break or block a time when I know I won't be available but then I can't see the notes I have under that block. On the software itself, when I'm using the computer I can schedule multiple services for one client (I can however it will show as separate appts and opposed to one long appt.
I also would love to get texting with my service, however for a booth renter like myself that service is a little too pricey. Would be nice if it was included in the $35/month I currently pay.
The customer service is excellent. I always get to talk to someone quickly and they always have been able to help me.
After all the little things that I know one day will be fixed I love this program. Easier than a few I have tried in the past.

I'm able to use my phone to schedule appts

I can't double book from my phone I can't change my working schedule from my phone Too expensive to have access to text to confirm or cancel appts

Shannon H.
Salon & Spa Director in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Insight Makes My Life Easier!

Kommentare: PROS: Ease of use, Great Technical Support, Very Affordable
CONS: This isn't necessarily a con, because the program's functionality is effective, but it would be nice to have a greater range of options in some areas of the program
Our salon and spa has been using Insight for a number of years. Insight Salon Software is so easy to use. Steps are intuitive. Even if you didn't have someone available to show you how to use the program, you could learn the system fairly quickly on your own. The price point is reasonable, and there have been no hidden costs or fees. About a year ago another software was highly recommended to us, and we opted to give it a try. And try we did; we struggled to learn and use the system. 6 months later, we took the loss on the other software and came back to Insight. The support I received to transition back made it so quick and painless that I almost couldn't believe it. And when I announced to my staff that morning that we were back live with Insight, every member either hugged or thanked me profusely! Now, we could get back to focusing on important things, not on a software program!! One thing I love about Insight is the ease of movement within the program. For instance, when you open a search screen, your cursor automatically appears in the search box and in many places you can simply hit Enter to move to the next box. These may seem like minor details, but if you've ever worked with this capability and then tried to use another program that doesn't have it, the time saving aspect becomes quickly apparent. We do at times have issues with the automatic features working correctly - appointment confirmations, nightly backups, phone app - and end up having to these things manually. But it is also a problem we had with the other program. These types of issues are just part of it. When something goes wrong, though, the technical team is always available and always friendly and helpful. We work off a fairly detailed business plan, and I wish there were more detailed options available for some areas - such as special commissions on specific services, report sorting, etc. - that would be more in line with some of the particulars of the way we operate. I hope to be able to work with Insight on some of these things. Bottom line, Insight Salon Software is more than worth the investment.

Bill S.
Hair Salon owner in USA

Excellent Salon Software

Kommentare: The software is feature rich but most importantly (coming from an IT background myself), the support is absolutely the best! It can be a little "clicky" esp in Reports, but I am very happy overall.

It does what I need, is fairly intuitive, and is feature rich.

Reports, which I use quite a bit, is a little clicky, especially when printing. I wish there was a way to regulate all the confirmations when printing and just be able to click once for things (i.e. selecting a Stylist). Also, sometimes I have to hunt for things (i.e. confirming the appointment for an online booking).

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review, Bill! We'll take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to optimize the user experience.

Taylor H.
Frontline General Management in Kanada

Seamless transition, and the solution to many issues we had in the past made Insight a smart choice.

The ability to find and run any report we may need in order to keep an eye on benchmarks and create goals is the most valuable tool for us. Insight makes it easy to look back in time, make changes where we need; as well takes the manual work out of marketing and reminders/confirmations of our appointments. We have been able to use the tools given to keep a closer eye on client trends and make sure we can solve even the smallest problems within salon functionality.

The thing that makes it a little harder to use is a small lack of customization in regards to what we can view on the appointment book screen, certain fees and services in our salon that don't really fit into any category or place, and the lost ability to add unlimited service providers in our quickly growing salon. Though Insight does offer the best they can when calling for solutions, and usually provides an alternative way of doing things. It is disappointing to have to continue to pay more each time we are ready to add a new feature.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Hi Taylor, thanks for sharing your feedback!

Ryan R.
Owner in Kanada

Amazing experience- the company really cares about you and stands for their product

Amazing experience from the start. Sales got me best fit and deal. Support helped set me up the first phone call I made on the equipment arrived. Every time we had questions they answer the call right away and they are very very knowledgeable. I also had two reports I needed to be tweaked to how I am managing my business and I actually had discussions with the President of the company who went completely above and beyond with his whole team to get the report modifications (a LOT of work too) ahead of the regular release schedule because they knew how much they impacted us. I recommend this as the definitive and premiere salon software to use. I could not imagine a better piece of software with a company ran by better people in the world. I feel like we got lucky by selecting Insight!

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ryan!

Joy S.

Love this product

Kommentare: I have been using Syntec for almost 10 years (back when it was called Insight) anytime I've called customer support if they don't answer the phone right away they are quick to get back with you and take care of your problem. We did beta testing with them when they were developing the software and called fairly often and not one time where we disappointed. I think that says a lot for a company. The only time I ever have to call in now is when I can't figure something out the program works for me seamlessly. The program also offers a ton of features for what I feel is a fantastic price!

The price and how easy it is to use.

I would have to say if there's something about this product I don't like I haven't found it yet.

Rupal P.
Owner in Kanada
Gastgewerbe

Excellent

Kommentare: I can't run my spa now without this software

Easy to manage and quick at help. I like their remote access too. I am going to start their SMS tool to do reminders for client that's great it save lot of time.

I can't move all appointments at once and that's only my concern. Oh yes I would like to have their birthday pop up for that month beginning for all month of birthday but instead it is from day to day month goes.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thank you for the review, Rupal! In the System Setup area, you can actually choose when you want to be notified of birthdays and anniversaries. For example, you can ask Insight to let you know if the client's birthday is within 30 days of the current date. If you have any questions, give our support team a call (1-800-805-4532) and they will be happy to assist.

Suzanne R.
Owner/hairstylist in Kanada
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very easy to use

Kommentare: I love the ease of reports and download to quickbooks for simplified bookkeeping process. The online booking is excellent for customer convenience and retention. Some suggestions for improved performance are: #1. On line cancelation notifications so that stylists are made aware of schedule openings due to on line cancellations.
#2. Individual Employee specific service selections that can and cannot be booked using on line booking system.

On line booking, download to quickbooks,

Can't personalize the system, not really user friendly for hair salon with chair renters that have individual prices and services offered. On line booking system should have a notification tab to advise of a cancellation just as it does for an online appointment booked.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Suzanne, I believe that most if not all of your concerns can be taken care of in the software already. Your best bet is to call customer service at 1-800-805-4532 and ask about the best way to handle these things and they can work with you to personalize your copy to work the way you want with your renters and the online booking and cancellations.

Kendra T.
Owner/Operator in USA
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and a helpful support system.

Kommentare: Ease of understanding how my salon is performing.

You can't "mess" anything up that cannot be corrected. It is easy to train staff and extremely user friendly just "surfing" through reports.

Not having an integrated electronic signature program for credit card processing. Keeping printed receipts is outdated.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Kendra, we actually do have an integrated electronic signature pad for credit cards but it isn't part of the Insight software...it is part of the cc machine you use with Insight. I see from your account that you don't yet have integrated payments with Insight so if you call our sales office at 1-888-919-5841 they can give you all the info you would need on getting a signature capture device for credit card processing that will fully integrate with Insight.

Hannah V.
Hairstylist/Owner in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste

Great program for my salon

Kommentare: I've been using insight for 11+ years at the salon I've been working at. Just recently opened up a salon in my own home, and chose to use the ro gram for my new business as well. I have now used the installed version and the cloud version, and both are easy to use. If unfamiliar with the program, it takes a bit to set-up, but the customer service is great, so they can help you out so you get the most from the program. Highly recommend!

Easy to use and has all the information I need to run my business.

I'm not a fan of the iPad/iPhone version. True touch screen capabilities are lacking, as you have to find the cursor and drag with your finger. Would like to have an installed version for Macintosh computes as well, as opposed to just the cloud version.

Buffie C.
Owner manager hairstylist in Kanada

Love love insite

Kommentare: Customer service is fantastic ! Anytime I need help they're always so helpful, friendly and never condescending. A special thanks to Tara Woleben, who was so gracious with me!

Everyday ease. Great customer service

Features that seem too complicated. Whish someone could personally come down to explain

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Buffie, Thanks for the review. While it would be nice to be able to personally visit every one of our clients to show them all the features, that might get a little expensive and time consuming. However, our support staff can log in to your computer over the internet and show you any of the features you are confused about to ensure that you are able to fully utilize the software and reap all the benefits. Just call customer support whenever you have some free time and they can go through it with you.

Brittanee T.
Manager in USA
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Insight has been a great software change for our salon. It is keeping us more organized! thank you!

Kommentare: My inventory and sales are more organized, it has helped train my clients with the world of "online" - its a step up for us to send out email confirms and not phone calls... Tech support is always there to answer my questions and I really appreciate that! Hoping the phone app gets improvements to prevent crashing, otherwise, we are happy with Insight!

We like the ability to pull multiple reports, and the detail in which you can record items. Customer Support has always been very helpful and I appreciate that tremendously!

The frequency in which the app crashes...too often! The only other con would be that you have to bundle so many add ons....we would love to use text messages, and have multiple log ins...but that in addition to growing our team would more than double our price.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review, Brittanee! Please give our Support Team a call at 1-800-805-4532 so we can look into the trouble you're having with the mobile app. Also, we recently announced "Insight Deluxe Cloud" which includes text messages with your monthly subscription. Check it out on our website!

Randi M.
Hair Studio Owner in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Working through an apple can have it's challenges

Kommentare: I find sometimes the cloud version is extremely slow lately which makes it frustrating on occasion. I also find there is extreme wait times for support when calling sometimes. I know this tends to be the norm for most support numbers however; I found it much faster when I first signed on with Insight than lately. I find there is also some issue when using apple with Insight. Challenges hooking up to certain hardware. The cloud version didn't even allow me to use my barcode scanner anymore. Super frustrating. Overall Ok value for the price but definitely lacks some of the seamlessness other companies have. If I were to expand, I'd likely shop around.

Email reminders

The inability to use seamlessly with any Mac product with the exception of the iPhone App.

Latrice P.
Kosmetik

Good to not have monthly fees

Kommentare: I enjoy using insight. It is very easy for my employees to nativagate. If there is ever something that we can't do we can always contact them and they will walk us through using new functions.
My favorite part is owning the software and not having to pay a monthly fee.

The ease of the layout. Auto Responders

Tips are not incorporated into the credit card forms. We have to ask prior to completing the purchase.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thank you for your review. The new EMV (chip & pin) card payments allow for your client to select the tips (% or $) on the actual pin pad device at the time of the transaction so you will no longer need to ask. You can contact us or your processing company to upgrade your payment processing to the EMV standard at any time.

Jaci K.
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung

I really love this program it !!

Kommentare: This program has made my life so much easier. I love that I can be at home and book appointments on my cell phone. I do wish texting would be included in the yearly fee . I always can get someone if I'm having troubles they are friendly and very helpful. I now spend more time with my family rather than praying my taxes are correct or my payrolls is . My taxs lady loves me know that all my reports are done correctly and it makes her life easier

Making apt on my phone

all the updates sometime I'm home and my app won't work because of updates . I also wish it was quicker to book on my cell it's a lot of steps

Hannah V.
Owner/Stylist in Kanada

Have been using Insight for years, as a staff member and now a salon owner!

Easy to use and keeps track of all my book keeping and inventory. I like how I can segment all my products and services.

The cloud version sometimes has a black-out, which is annoying, but is very rare. Not a big fan of the phone/table app, as it doesn't allow easy touchscreen access

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Thanks for the review, Hannah! As you mentioned, any outages are very rare. Our uptime is above 99.95% but we're working to improve on that further. In regards to the mobile apps, please contact our Support team (1-800-805-4532) so we can resolve any issues you may be having and to make any adjustments to improve the experience.

Cheryl F.
Salon owner in USA

Great customer service.

We like everything! Easy to use and friendly customer service. Love the auto updates auto backup. Couldn't be happier.

Server can be slow, wish we could just log in and be more web based. Like quickbooks. Don't like the pay per text confirming. Should be less expensive.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

Cheryl, Thanks for the review. In regard to the text messaging costs you might want to call the sales office (1-888-919-5841) and ask them about upgrading to the Deluxe Cloud service which includes a fixed amount of SMS credits each month. For regular text users, this usually works out to be a less expensive solution.

Julie T.
Owner/ Stylist in USA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Kommentare: Love this software!! I've used it for going on 10 years!! Just as my business has grown and changed, so has this software. The tech support team is always fantastic. They are very helpful and nice. I love all the systems that this software is capable of tracking.

Tracking of who does what in the system. Love how you can set up each individual's access to different areas of the system.

limited credit card processors. Haven't had any trouble just would like to be easier to shop rates.

Jason B.

Insight Salon Software is a great value

Kommentare: Salon Software does a great job with their Insight software. They recently updated their online booking software and it's much better. It's really nice to have an online booking that doesn't just make booking requests. It's real-time. The rest of the software and reports are really robust. There are things I could knit-pick about, but for the money, it's a really great value and it does a great job.

The real-time online booking, the mobile app for IOS & Andriod, and their customization settings.

Inability to build our own reports.

Erin P.

I used this software for the 10 years that owned my day spa and loved it!

Kommentare: Ease of running my day to day business as a salon and day spa.

My favorite part of the software would have to be the appointment book feature. The appointment book made it so easy to schedule appointments and had plenty of resources that helped us stay organized and not double book services.

My least favorite part of the software was probably the payroll feature. Although it kept track of everything as it should, it was not always kept up to date with current taxes and such.

Dee C.

Life made easy

Kommentare: I have used insight for many years, after searching other software. Insight was the best choice for my business I have no regrets. Support is always willing to assist me in any way. Going from a book to a software was very intimidating for me. Not being good with that platform. With the help of insight, it's made my life a lot easier. I couldn't imagine using anything else. Thank you all and Merry Christmas

Standing appointments, 70% of my clients book out for a year. This makes it so easy to do that.

That I have to put in special holidays year after year.

Jayne E.
Co owner in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Greatvalue

Kommentare: Works well for retail and salon and spa services. Easily tracks thousands of retail products, while effortlessly handling customer data. An awesome solution for a hybrid business like mine with 1800 sq ft of retail boutique and 1800 sq ft of spa and salon.

Integration between store and spa data.

Some reports need to be more robust. Would like to have some options to be able to write own reports.

Antwort von Syntec Business Systems

If you have any ideas for new reports, please feel free to submit them to requests@salon-software.com and we will do our best to work them into an upcoming future release.