Über DaySmart Salon

Windows- und Cloud-basierte Lösungen mit vollständig integrierter Online-Terminbuchung, Gehaltsabrechnung, Marketing und Kreditkartenabwicklung.

Erfahre mehr über DaySmart Salon

Salon iris is good for basic tasks a hair salon requires to manage appointments. It is relatively user friendly.

I should have waited to use Salon Iris until they had implemented them. My disappointment is due to my frustrations.

Bewertungen zu DaySmart Salon

DaySmart Salon hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 356 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DaySmart Salon bereits verwendet?

Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Salon Iris Review

The ability to monitor inventory, keep track of sales, produce marketing plans, personalize client information for record keeping purposes, and control appointment scheduling along with sending reminders all from one single program.

What I liked least about this software was the delay between mobile scheduling and desktop scheduling. The system would also allow for you to overbook when scheduling services for clients.

Lindsay
Owner/esthetican in Kanada

Good Software

Kommentare: Been great.

It’s easy to set up and helps keep track of all the important information you need for running a business.

Cell phone app can be difficult to navigate at times. Doesn’t show if someone confirms appointment or not. I have to look at the desk top version to see.

Misti
Owner/Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

I would shop around. Good for those who wish to only do basic things. Kinda expensive for what it is

Kommentare: I have been and will continue to look for another software. It's ok. I do like the customer service. I would give them a 99 out of 100.

Getting started, free trial, pretty appointment book & lets me change the colors of it. Easy to pop in an appointment. Customizable loyalty program.

Outdated appearance after you get past the appointment booking, Horrible/outdated email marketing (whole thing is crap), a little bit slow in responsiveness, difficult to locate certain features such as the loyalty program, the mobile app & the desktop view are way different, trying to check someone out on your cell phone while accessing or adding the loyalty is crap, really noticed when working with my business coach & my accountant how off the data is for reports. I get 2 different numbers when trying to pin down the avg ticket. Can't pick dates for reports for the products & product sales section. Reports don't offer enough customization such as I don't want old inactive clients to show up in my reports. It messes up my numbers.

Jazzlyn
Spa Director in USA

Best Spa Software Out

I love the fact that it provides a plethora of features to help your business excel and you can track it.

I would like more customization capabilities for the online booking, but that would be it.

Sara
Spa Owner in USA

Great For Salons Missing Key Features For Spas

Kommentare: It is helpful for accounting, payroll, managements, and makes running a spa so much easier. It saves time with client confirmations, appointment changes and cancellations. I can look back on sales and see all the important data that I need I need to use for improvements.

How easy it is to run, viewing reports, appointment scheduling, accounting. Has everything I need to stay organized.

What I like least is just what the clients experiences through trying to book multiple services or add ons. I wish there was a way to separate categories on the booking website into their own drop down menus as well as group/ couples online booking.

Celeste
Salon manager in USA

Day smart

Kommentare: We’ve enjoy the scheduling aspect of this program. However, doing credit card processing through card point has been a nightmare.

I love the ability to schedule guests, and the information I’m able to store for guests. I like that we can save their credit card information, and the ease with texting and confirmations.

The credit card processing has been a huge issue from the very beginning, to the point where we’ve considered switching services. I also wish there was a way to click on a guest in the schedule, after the ticket is closed, and see if they have any scheduled appointments. It’s inconvenient to have to go into each guest to check if tHey have scheduled appointments.

Maggie
Spa Owner and Licensed Massage Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Day Spa having used software for 8 years using desktop version and new to cloud based...

Kommentare: Overall happy with software, would just like to see more capabilities after 8 years with company that fit the needs of day Spa business. We had trialed Meevo during and they had some great features, overall our experience was terrible with them, but some cool features they had were front desk profit focused. As example, pop ups for services notes about service to ask client when booking, service suggestion for similar services when booking one to suggest others. Product recommendation based on past purchases.

VIP support moreso when we were desktop version and dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! Many thanks to her! The working and self diagnosis of problems is easy with this system.

Now being cloud based definitely want to see memberships updated so when a failed payment, you can make the payment and not have to cancel member and restart, have had many issues with that since moving from desktop. Also had to found a work around to let us make membership purchase, to be "until canceled" we have to first click end date then click back to until canceled and then it works. Would like to again see the ability to add a prepaid service on an account like we could in desktop. Would also like to be able to change client name on a ticket as we were able to "change client" on ticket in desktop version. For tickets, it would be helpful to have more edit capability once they are closed, to edit service/professional/payment and change/and do partial refund. For gift cards would like to see ability to auto populate a number. For reporting, sales totals for each employee for a week would love the ability to "copy" a table like desktop version instead of having to download and upload as we utilize Google sheets and not Excel. Online giftcar would love to be able to offer promotions and not have to pay a third party for to offer things like, buy $100 get $25 for free. I've sent quite a few things through to support already to ask for feature requests. One last one off too if my head is for text marketing when making a one time campaign, to send out for last minute opening deal to be able to just send "now" or immediately I stead of having to choose the next hour.

Cassandra
Salon owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best booking system hands down

Kommentare: Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesn’t offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

I love this software . It’s detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really can’t say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Manager in USA

Overall happy with Daysmart

Kommentare: Overall we have been happy with the software and hope to continue the relationship for a long time.

It is fairly easy to use. It is nice adding promotion codes to apply discounts automatically. Review management is pretty good, still a bit on the fence about it. two-way texting is also very convenient.

While there are a lot of reports, there are some limitations to them as well. When checking out, currently tips are not split and need to be manually done. and when doing so, it does not show the original tip amount. For example, if the tip was $22.50, as soon as you start changing it, the original tip amount is gone and the tech needs to remember what it was and do the math to adjust the tips accordingly. Also, tips can not be adjusted after the transaction is complete without voiding the transaction. No support on weekends has been a little challenging, especially early on in our implementation.

Amy
Amy
Owner & Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bait and Switch

Kommentare: Feels like a bait and switch due to the over promising of features for growing and scaling salons that are not available.

Client reminders, employee set up and service set up was simple

Back bar inventory can not track by price or employee (needed for hybrids). They have only ONE merchant account option to use through them (Card Connect). This merchant account system is AWFUL. It’s not easy to set up, very slow and support is very bad -READ THEIR REVIEWS FIRST! Overall this software is very slow. Takes longer times for simple checkouts with extra steps. Booth rent or hybrid salons need not bother.

Nikki
owner in USA

Been using salon iris 7 years

Kommentare: Overall I don't like salon iris and the only reason i havent switched to someone else is because they make it impossible to use the exported client file. So now im going to switch anyway and just type in my clients manually.

+The scheduling feature is on point. All of the options you need. The appointments drag easily. +Lots of reports to choose from

-Exporting clients is in a weird format and messes up, making it near impossible to leave salon iris -Your main computer has to be on with the program running in order to sign on to the mobile app. Ridiculous. -It only works with windows. In order to make it work with mac you have to download a program like parallels which takes up way too much space on the computer -If you want anything extra besides scheduling, for example: emailing clients, texting clients, etc.. they charge you like crazy. Seems money hungry -The company they require you to sign up with in order to accept credit cards through the program is ridiculously expensive and has horrible ratings online -It's more expensive than other alternatives that compare

Antwort von DaySmart Software

We are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your purchase. A few clarifications on your "Cons": Windows is one platform on which we offer this service. Thousands use our cloud platform which allows for native Mac access. We have two card processors integrated with our systems and neither of them are required, nor are either of them "ridiculously expensive". Your main point seems to be data export, a simple process that any of our Support staff could walk you through. Salon Iris exports your entire client list to a text tab delimited file which can be easily imported into Excel for viewing purposes. It does "look weird" in text format but once loaded into Excel it is very easy to view. Open Excel and click and drag the file into Excel. You can also run a Client Report within the software that exports to Excel. Chose that option under Tools Export.

Jeannette
Salon Owner in USA

Gets The Job Done

Kommentare: I appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the app management as he will set time aside to speak with me regarding upgrades and improvements and what’s to come. Overall I have used DaySmart because it’s going to be a gas sold to switch but it will happen over time. Unfortunately other companies offer the things DaySmart lacks.

I enjoy the DaySmart offers cloud user access for the team to see their schedule. Being able to have client profiles helps create consistency with client visits. Working the app is easy to manage and they offer some great features but they could use improvement. They take their customers feedback to build the app.

DaySmart will have a lot of glitches in the system, and the app version lags running slow or logging out. When they add new features with updates they’re not 100% ready to go and have bugs that require improvements. Their email marketing templates are absolutely the worse. To generic and almost too tacky/old school to use. All other salon softwares are more up to date with their email marketing.

Kathy
Owner/Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great product for our salon

Kommentare: This has made our business run so much more smoothly. We seem to have less no shows. The stylist is now involved with their schedule which takes some stress off the front desk.

The software has made our scheduling so much easier. Stylist can be in control of their own books, checking the receptionist decision and eliminating mistakes. The text reminders are a godsend and the clients love them. The color coding makes it easy to decipher. Double booking works wonderfully.

We wish future appointments would show up when making an appointment as people forget to tell us to cancel one they already have. You also can't "lie" to a client and tell them their appointment is earlier, for the chronically late clients. When the internet goes down or a glitch with the software, the receptionist loses the ability to work (doesn't happen with paper) but we still have cloud access.

Antonia
Indel Hair Stylist in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

Kommentare: It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Emily
Owner stylist in Kanada

Pros and cons

Kommentare: It's hit and miss
Sometimes the programs features are wonderful
Sometimes they don't work at all in Canada or on the app

Online booking Till count Slow appointment time texts Appointment keeping and the function to be able to set times to each stylist. It keeps records

Alot of the features are not made for Canada. The quick books option The pricing of the program in general I'm am unable to use the system for clients to leave a deposit via cc. Salon booth renters are unable to keep their own till count. Alot of the features don't work on the app and only the computer and in this day and age everyone runs from a cell phone

Michelle
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Great if you want long term

Kommentare: The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues
Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

ashley
Esthetician in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Operation system for a wax studio

Online booking is so helpful. The software is very user friendly and customer service is always very responsive and helpful.

As I've mentioned offering clients to reschedule an appt on their own online is a big deal for me and many other operating systems offer this. I'm sure hoping this will be an option coming up. Also I keep a very busy schedule and it would be great if clients through the online booking could add themselves to a constant wait-list. I also wish I could add on intake forms for an extra monthly fee of like 10$. Im paying the second tier price for my subscription but only use the intake form feature. This makes my payment an extra 30$ a month for only one added feature. It would also be great if Daysmart had an option for an automatic link to be sent for a client to leave a review.

Kresta
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

DaySmart cloud

Kommentare: Overall I have been really happy with this software and now that there’s a cloud version I love it even more.

I love the calendar and scheduling features. I have had this software since 2017 and just switched to the cloud version. I have appointment reminders, text marketing and reputation management, love it all! Tech support is awesome and will walk you through any issues.

I wasn’t impressed with the credit card processing they have.

Elizabeth
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Salon Iris Review

Kommentare: Its ok.

Very easy to use, nice POS, payroll ect.

The customer service with this company is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. However, I have been using this software for a very long time and rarely need to call. Beware that if you call, they will absolutely NOT help you if you aren't a 10+ employee business. They say they can't help you unless you upgrade. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

rebecca
cosmetologist in USA

Best system

includes everything you need to run your business professionally

there is nothing i don’t like about the system

Diane
Nail technician, lash technician in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Appointment scheduling

Kommentare: Love this program

The ease of making an appointment in seconds is so convenient. The reminders are Fantastic. The organization it gone me in my salon. The fact that I can book an appointment from anywhere on my mobile device

I don’t really have any complaints that I am aware of at this moment

Kristan
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ease, scheduling confirmations, tech support

Reporting, aveda benchmark report is very blurry

Susan
Hair Stylist in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I do not ever want to be without Day Smart!!

Kommentare: I do not miss using a paper book to hand write appointments in. Erasing penciled in names and wrinkled pages that tear out of a binder. The cell phone booking with this app is so much easier to pull up clients and insert them and their services. No more paper and pencil booking for me, ever!!!

The ease of booking clients or changing appointments dates no matter where you physically are. Work or home or on vacation, it’s all on your cell phone to manage!!

I think at my age, 58 yrs young, I was a bit slower grasping the look of the schedule online and how to use all the sections. But now I’m totally in love with Day Smart and it’s ease.

Patricia
Hairdresser in USA

Great Soffer highly recommend

The software is very easy to use and booking is a breeze. I love all the auto confirmations! I also love how it keeps track of all of my numbers for the end of the year for taxes it makes it super easy.

I absolutely hate that when people message you through the app there is zero notifications to the user! I miss every single message Clients send me because there is no sound or icon that pops up on the app. I also wish you could turn off notifications for when you edit appointments. I keep that function on because if I change their appointment to a different day or time I want them getting the auto text. What I don’t like is if I change the timing or what it’s labeled as for myself to see in my own books it also notifies them.

Patricia
Owner in Jamaika

Convenient

Kommentare: It’s ok so far. Still have some technical difficulties

Text and email confirmations For Accounting purposes

Can’t alot a deposit for clients who pay in advance . Would love if there was an option to input a deposit without having to checkout