Über DaySmart Salon

Windows- und Cloud-basierte Lösungen mit vollständig integrierter Online-Terminbuchung, Gehaltsabrechnung, Marketing und Kreditkartenabwicklung.

Erfahre mehr über DaySmart Salon

Salon iris is good for basic tasks a hair salon requires to manage appointments. It is relatively user friendly.

I should have waited to use Salon Iris until they had implemented them. My disappointment is due to my frustrations.

Bewertungen zu DaySmart Salon

DaySmart Salon hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 349 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DaySmart Salon bereits verwendet?

Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Salon Iris Review

The ability to monitor inventory, keep track of sales, produce marketing plans, personalize client information for record keeping purposes, and control appointment scheduling along with sending reminders all from one single program.

What I liked least about this software was the delay between mobile scheduling and desktop scheduling. The system would also allow for you to overbook when scheduling services for clients.

Celeste
Salon manager in USA

Day smart

Kommentare: We’ve enjoy the scheduling aspect of this program. However, doing credit card processing through card point has been a nightmare.

I love the ability to schedule guests, and the information I’m able to store for guests. I like that we can save their credit card information, and the ease with texting and confirmations.

The credit card processing has been a huge issue from the very beginning, to the point where we’ve considered switching services. I also wish there was a way to click on a guest in the schedule, after the ticket is closed, and see if they have any scheduled appointments. It’s inconvenient to have to go into each guest to check if tHey have scheduled appointments.

Kevin
Manager in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use out of the box....but

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: unfortunately customer service falls very short. it is generally 45min-90min wait. or they can call you back at a callback number, and sometimes that has taken 3-5 hours. and as mentioned, they're good for just giving you a tutorial on how to do something, but if something is broken, dont expect it to ever get fixed, or for them to ever give you an update. if they say theyll follow up, they never will.

Inexpensive, with a lot of features, and very simple to use. Also has an app as well, which a lot of times is better than the web application. text message notifications and communications both on the web and on the app are great. client support is good if you just need a tutorial on how to do something.

drastic inconsistencies in functionality of the app vs the web client. a lot of times the app has more functionality, which is odd. very limited in reporting. no customizable reports. cannot run a basic report of my clients appointments. cannot run a basic report of who have outstanding prepaid services or packages, so i just have to guess which clients have outstanding treatments and look up their profiles one by one. and they claimed they had no back end way to pull that information either, which i find difficult to imagine. a database must exist for this system to exist, and it would be next to impossible that they cannot query information from that database. so they basically just don't want to. and client support is useless when it comes to an issue. had many of these instances, but the most recent was the final straw, whne my app could not schedule an appointment, add to an appointment, or change an appointment for over 12 months. seems like a pretty major issue. i had to open 6 tickets with them over the course of 12 months, and i never received a single email, phone call, or update in that 12 month period. they said they couldn't recreate the issue so they dropped it. didn't provide any updates to me or even tell me they dropped it or tried to troubleshoot with me. 12 months is a long time for a scheduling app not to be able to schedule an appointment.

Lindsay
Owner/esthetican in Kanada

Good Software

Kommentare: Been great.

It’s easy to set up and helps keep track of all the important information you need for running a business.

Cell phone app can be difficult to navigate at times. Doesn’t show if someone confirms appointment or not. I have to look at the desk top version to see.

Maggie
Spa Owner and Licensed Massage Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Day Spa having used software for 8 years using desktop version and new to cloud based...

Kommentare: Overall happy with software, would just like to see more capabilities after 8 years with company that fit the needs of day Spa business. We had trialed Meevo during and they had some great features, overall our experience was terrible with them, but some cool features they had were front desk profit focused. As example, pop ups for services notes about service to ask client when booking, service suggestion for similar services when booking one to suggest others. Product recommendation based on past purchases.

VIP support moreso when we were desktop version and dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! Many thanks to her! The working and self diagnosis of problems is easy with this system.

Now being cloud based definitely want to see memberships updated so when a failed payment, you can make the payment and not have to cancel member and restart, have had many issues with that since moving from desktop. Also had to found a work around to let us make membership purchase, to be "until canceled" we have to first click end date then click back to until canceled and then it works. Would like to again see the ability to add a prepaid service on an account like we could in desktop. Would also like to be able to change client name on a ticket as we were able to "change client" on ticket in desktop version. For tickets, it would be helpful to have more edit capability once they are closed, to edit service/professional/payment and change/and do partial refund. For gift cards would like to see ability to auto populate a number. For reporting, sales totals for each employee for a week would love the ability to "copy" a table like desktop version instead of having to download and upload as we utilize Google sheets and not Excel. Online giftcar would love to be able to offer promotions and not have to pay a third party for to offer things like, buy $100 get $25 for free. I've sent quite a few things through to support already to ask for feature requests. One last one off too if my head is for text marketing when making a one time campaign, to send out for last minute opening deal to be able to just send "now" or immediately I stead of having to choose the next hour.

Sara
Spa Owner in USA

Great For Salons Missing Key Features For Spas

Kommentare: It is helpful for accounting, payroll, managements, and makes running a spa so much easier. It saves time with client confirmations, appointment changes and cancellations. I can look back on sales and see all the important data that I need I need to use for improvements.

How easy it is to run, viewing reports, appointment scheduling, accounting. Has everything I need to stay organized.

What I like least is just what the clients experiences through trying to book multiple services or add ons. I wish there was a way to separate categories on the booking website into their own drop down menus as well as group/ couples online booking.

Manager in USA

Overall happy with Daysmart

Kommentare: Overall we have been happy with the software and hope to continue the relationship for a long time.

It is fairly easy to use. It is nice adding promotion codes to apply discounts automatically. Review management is pretty good, still a bit on the fence about it. two-way texting is also very convenient.

While there are a lot of reports, there are some limitations to them as well. When checking out, currently tips are not split and need to be manually done. and when doing so, it does not show the original tip amount. For example, if the tip was $22.50, as soon as you start changing it, the original tip amount is gone and the tech needs to remember what it was and do the math to adjust the tips accordingly. Also, tips can not be adjusted after the transaction is complete without voiding the transaction. No support on weekends has been a little challenging, especially early on in our implementation.

Kelly
Salon Owner/Operator in USA

I want you back!

Kommentare: Great customer service and great customer support! Very precise and easy navigation through out the program.

Everything! I only switched due to merchant costs and incompatibility with my banking.

Charging per person (employee) with app booking

Karla
Advanced hair designer / salon owner in USA

DaySmart review

Kommentare: I’ve used this system for years . It’s been good to me

The new feature to adjust a closed ticket

Two many steps to click out at checkout

Amy
Amy
Owner & Stylist in USA

Bait and Switch

Kommentare: Feels like a bait and switch due to the over promising of features for growing and scaling salons that are not available.

Client reminders, employee set up and service set up was simple

Back bar inventory can not track by price or employee (needed for hybrids). They have only ONE merchant account option to use through them (Card Connect). This merchant account system is AWFUL. It’s not easy to set up, very slow and support is very bad -READ THEIR REVIEWS FIRST! Overall this software is very slow. Takes longer times for simple checkouts with extra steps. Booth rent or hybrid salons need not bother.

Lisa
manager in Kanada
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Glitchy

Kommentare: unsatisfactory

The initial integration was easy and stress free

Glitchy. All the time. Unable to resolve glitches with tech/developers. Loads slow, crashes, not intuitive functions, too many clicks and steps for basic uses. limited Basic reporting

REBECCA
President in USA
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Costly but effective

Kommentare: We have had our ups and downs in the past, again we pay top dollar so we can get the support when needed but other brands include so much more for less.

I have had it so long I am very familiar with it.

Very expensive compared to other brands, anything you want or need is an additional charge.

Nikki
owner in USA

Been using salon iris 7 years

Kommentare: Overall I don't like salon iris and the only reason i havent switched to someone else is because they make it impossible to use the exported client file. So now im going to switch anyway and just type in my clients manually.

+The scheduling feature is on point. All of the options you need. The appointments drag easily. +Lots of reports to choose from

-Exporting clients is in a weird format and messes up, making it near impossible to leave salon iris -Your main computer has to be on with the program running in order to sign on to the mobile app. Ridiculous. -It only works with windows. In order to make it work with mac you have to download a program like parallels which takes up way too much space on the computer -If you want anything extra besides scheduling, for example: emailing clients, texting clients, etc.. they charge you like crazy. Seems money hungry -The company they require you to sign up with in order to accept credit cards through the program is ridiculously expensive and has horrible ratings online -It's more expensive than other alternatives that compare

Antwort von DaySmart Software

We are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your purchase. A few clarifications on your "Cons": Windows is one platform on which we offer this service. Thousands use our cloud platform which allows for native Mac access. We have two card processors integrated with our systems and neither of them are required, nor are either of them "ridiculously expensive". Your main point seems to be data export, a simple process that any of our Support staff could walk you through. Salon Iris exports your entire client list to a text tab delimited file which can be easily imported into Excel for viewing purposes. It does "look weird" in text format but once loaded into Excel it is very easy to view. Open Excel and click and drag the file into Excel. You can also run a Client Report within the software that exports to Excel. Chose that option under Tools Export.

Jeannette
Salon Owner in USA

Gets The Job Done

Kommentare: I appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the app management as he will set time aside to speak with me regarding upgrades and improvements and what’s to come. Overall I have used DaySmart because it’s going to be a gas sold to switch but it will happen over time. Unfortunately other companies offer the things DaySmart lacks.

I enjoy the DaySmart offers cloud user access for the team to see their schedule. Being able to have client profiles helps create consistency with client visits. Working the app is easy to manage and they offer some great features but they could use improvement. They take their customers feedback to build the app.

DaySmart will have a lot of glitches in the system, and the app version lags running slow or logging out. When they add new features with updates they’re not 100% ready to go and have bugs that require improvements. Their email marketing templates are absolutely the worse. To generic and almost too tacky/old school to use. All other salon softwares are more up to date with their email marketing.

Kathy
Owner/Stylist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great product for our salon

Kommentare: This has made our business run so much more smoothly. We seem to have less no shows. The stylist is now involved with their schedule which takes some stress off the front desk.

The software has made our scheduling so much easier. Stylist can be in control of their own books, checking the receptionist decision and eliminating mistakes. The text reminders are a godsend and the clients love them. The color coding makes it easy to decipher. Double booking works wonderfully.

We wish future appointments would show up when making an appointment as people forget to tell us to cancel one they already have. You also can't "lie" to a client and tell them their appointment is earlier, for the chronically late clients. When the internet goes down or a glitch with the software, the receptionist loses the ability to work (doesn't happen with paper) but we still have cloud access.

Antonia
Indel Hair Stylist in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

Kommentare: It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Emily
Owner stylist in Kanada

Pros and cons

Kommentare: It's hit and miss
Sometimes the programs features are wonderful
Sometimes they don't work at all in Canada or on the app

Online booking Till count Slow appointment time texts Appointment keeping and the function to be able to set times to each stylist. It keeps records

Alot of the features are not made for Canada. The quick books option The pricing of the program in general I'm am unable to use the system for clients to leave a deposit via cc. Salon booth renters are unable to keep their own till count. Alot of the features don't work on the app and only the computer and in this day and age everyone runs from a cell phone

Michelle
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Great if you want long term

Kommentare: The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues
Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

ashley
Esthetician in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Operation system for a wax studio

Online booking is so helpful. The software is very user friendly and customer service is always very responsive and helpful.

As I've mentioned offering clients to reschedule an appt on their own online is a big deal for me and many other operating systems offer this. I'm sure hoping this will be an option coming up. Also I keep a very busy schedule and it would be great if clients through the online booking could add themselves to a constant wait-list. I also wish I could add on intake forms for an extra monthly fee of like 10$. Im paying the second tier price for my subscription but only use the intake form feature. This makes my payment an extra 30$ a month for only one added feature. It would also be great if Daysmart had an option for an automatic link to be sent for a client to leave a review.

Kresta
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

DaySmart cloud

Kommentare: Overall I have been really happy with this software and now that there’s a cloud version I love it even more.

I love the calendar and scheduling features. I have had this software since 2017 and just switched to the cloud version. I have appointment reminders, text marketing and reputation management, love it all! Tech support is awesome and will walk you through any issues.

I wasn’t impressed with the credit card processing they have.

Elina

DaySmart Review

Easy to use software, lots of options for clients’ history, ability to check sales and inventory easily

I wish there was a gift certificate option that could be purchased online, that I could add to my online shop. Please make this option available! Also, an option to buy treatment series by client on the website

Necia

Great Option

Kommentare: Overall experience has been good . The system ya upgraded within the 7 years of using it; ready for some more web based features.

I like how everything is included in one software vs. having to have separate systems ex. Texting reminders and marketing features.

Wish the system integrated with my website for one whole inventory tracking. Or had an app add on.

Stacey

Very good software

Kommentare: Has been quite expensive but overall a really good system.

Love the inventory feature. Online schedule access is great!

Maybe outdated software. Can be glitchy. New how's are a nightmare for implementing into system in respect to product commission excelsior and backbar exceptions.

Monique
Salon owner in USA

DaySmart Salon is great for Salons

Kommentare: I have use DaySmart before it was a DaySmart. I’ve had the software for 11 1/2 years. I bought the software when it was called Salon Iris and DaySmart brought them out.

What I like most about DaySmart Salon is that you can have the app and schedule an appointment anywhere. You can customize any service and the pricing. You can keep up with the clients services, all their formulas and the dates they get them.

The main con that I have about DaySmart is that if the Internet is down at the salon or having a connection issue, you cannot access the software via app!

Rosie
Hairstylist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Remote access on my phone!

Kommentare: Quality product. We tried a different program, DaySmart is user friendly and easier to use.

We have the main system at the salon and I pay for remote access for my phone. It’s wonderful to be able to check my schedule and make changes as needed. Email reminders are great.

Cost. It’s salon owners choice. There are free programs online to download but most have needed upgrades such as reminders, for a cost. Sticking with DaySmart for now.