Über Stamps.com

Online-Porto-Management-Software, mit der du USPS-genehmigtes Porto auf deinem Computer und Drucker drucken kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Stamps.com

Laurie L.
Author
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2017

"Makes my work go smoothly and uninterrupted by trips to the post office "

Kommentare: In addition be being an author, I also have a home office in which I do legal typing for attorneys in solo practices, which generates A LOT OF PAPER and correspondence. Stamps.com has consistently saved me time, money, gasoline, and having an horrific meltdown from standing in line at the post office. I'm sure other post office customers are relieved also.

Vorteile: It's quite easy to use, ordering supplies is simple and they arrive within a couple of days at the most. I especially like being able to print mail on either blank stamps or envelopes, and if necessary, print out parcel post mailing labels. It's also very helpful with keeping an online "meter" of my funds balance and allowing for instantly adding to my funds without having to leave the page. This program is one of the best time savers I use.

Nachteile: I use two different printers: an inkjet for printing individual stamps and a laser printer for printing the postage on envelopes, so I have to be careful to make sure the correct printer is indicated for the proper function. Not much of a problem, though, and everything else far outweighs this minor annoyance.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Blake B.
Ecommerce Product Manager
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.9.2019

"Turnkey point-and-click shipping for novices"

Kommentare: I've set up Stamps.com shipping at several businesses now and it's always the first shipping software I select when setting up a new shipping operation. Ease of use and setup are huge pros for this software

Vorteile: Super easy to use and setup. You can be shipping your product on day one and having the Post Office deliver products to your customers. Just point n' click!

Nachteile: It's limited in other software integrations, but by the time you need those, you'll be ready for the next level of shipping software. For the ecommerce entrepreneur shipping from their basement, Stamps.com is all you need.

• Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Heather S.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Stamps.com"

Kommentare: I love the ease of use and that I can order as many stamps as I need to get the job done. I can prepay for when I run out of funds and keep them on record for the next time I use.

Vorteile: I love that I can get stamps anytime from anywhere I have a printer and the internet. It makes mailing stuff easier than having to guess postage and going to the store to get postage.

Nachteile: I don't have anything I dislike about this product. It works well and I use it everyday with my job.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Alexander B.
CEO and Founder
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2020

"Do not use Stamps.com for Express or any international shipping"

Kommentare: I do not recommend using stamps.com for:
USA domestic shipping, since USPS provides good enough online experience for that.
International shipping, since stamps.com is 3-4x slower for delivering packages with higher prices.

Vorteile: It's quite convenient to manage shipping orders there, including customs declarations.
Interface is intuitive enough to work through it.

Nachteile: First, it's SLOW in delivering packages. To compare stamps.com with using USPS directly, I had the following experiment.
The same package by weight, size, origin and destination address I have shipped at the exact same date & time at USPS office, and I also dropped to the same USPS office the package with the label printed by stamps.com.
I used the same 3-5 day Express USPS shipping option on both USPS office and stamps.com.
Now the results.
- I had to pay ~10$ more for stamps.com label.
- it took the package with stamps.com label 10 calendar days to reach JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER before departing abroad.
- it took 1 (one) day for the USPS -official package to get to JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER.
Overall, the same EXPRESS package delivery info:
- stamps.com: 13 days for $86
- official USPS: 4 days for $77
After that experiment I gave stamps.com a benefit of a doubt and repeated the exact same thing again. Shipped the same package again by both, but got the same results. stamps.com delivers packages 3-4x slower than official USPS, and prices are higher by ~12%, and stamps.com also has a service fee of ~$20/month. In my opinion it's an overkill. I care for my customers, and Stamps.com doesn't. I do not want to use their service again.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2020
Shipping
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.2.2020

"Super easy"

Kommentare: It's helpful for personal and business packages. We just copy and paste the recipient name and address then weigh and measure the packages and print the shipping labels. They also offer promotional offers for a few dollars worth of shipping which is great.

Vorteile: Stamps.com makes it super easy to prepare all of our orders in-house so all we have to do is drop off the packages at the post office or schedule a pickup. As a business, you can sign in and it will automatically include the company name and address as the sender too.

Nachteile: There's really no cons with Stamps.com they have an excellent service and we've never had any issues.

• Bewertet am 19.2.2020
Danielle T.
Marketing Director
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2020

"Stamps.com is fine with me"

Kommentare: Customizing shipping labels and tracking emails lends credibility to our small business.

Vorteile: It is a simple and comprehensive solution for shipping. It's easy to customize shipping labels for your business. Grabbing a refund is simple to do, although it takes a while.

Nachteile: The USPS pick-up feature seems easy but has never resulted in an actual pick up. Likely not STAMPS fault. Printing from other computers is a pain. I wish we could customize the shipped email depending on the sender's address. As I ship as multiple businesses, the messaging should change.

• Bewertet am 10.1.2020
Amy O.
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2020

"Save trips to the Post Office with Stamps.com!"

Kommentare: Overall I really like Stamps.com. You can print all types of postage easily and save so much time by not having to wait in line at the Post Office.

Vorteile: I like that there are postage options available on stamps.com that you can't even get on the USPS website. For example, we send books for marketing and we like to send via media mail because it's the cheaper option. The only way I was able to not have to go to the post office and wait in line forever to mail these was to use Stamps.com.

Nachteile: I think that the monthly fee is a bit pricey because some months we don't use the service as much as others. I would like it better if even we were paying a bit more in postage each use rather than a monthly fee.

• Bewertet am 12.4.2020
Maiwand T.
Head of Marketing
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.2.2020

"Stamps is very efficient "

Vorteile: Stamps makes it easy to handle shipping for all my clients in streetwear. I've never had an issue with a label they printed for me.

Nachteile: Stamps has poor customer service. It could take hours on the phone with them to get

• Bewertet am 10.2.2020
Tyler T.
Director of Accountability and PowerSchool
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2020

"For all of our Postage"

Kommentare: I love Stamps.com, it is a great product. I love using it!

Vorteile: We use Stamps.com for our postage and have nothing but good things to say about the company. They provide us with a great option in comparison to having to go out and get stamps.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is difficult to train people on the software, but once they get the hang of it, it seems to go smooth.

• Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Robert G.
Financial Planner
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Stamps at home"

Kommentare: It has worked pretty well for me.

Vorteile: The software allows you to pay and print your own stamps which is very convenient. It tracks the current cost of postage well.

Nachteile: The software can be abit complicated and you must get to use it. Always wise to print a test sheet since you have only one chance before the cost is deducted.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
Tracy O.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.8.2019

"Best shipping software for small business shipping"

Kommentare: Using this software was very beneficial to my business in that I did not have to go to the post office, wait in line with 30 packages, buy postage for each one, get all the delivery confirmation receipts and come back to the office and send that information to each customer. Probably saved me at least 1 and 1/2 hours per day. I have never had a problem with the software, if you do any amount of mailing or shipping, you need this software.

Vorteile: I am an Amazon marketplace seller who uses this software everyday for shipping, books, small retail items, using the US Postal Service as my primary shipper. This software has all of the postal service options and pricing. It has an address check feature and several printing options. Its super easy to use. Very easy to add funds, and many options for that. I tried the competition, this has it all over that, and the monthly fee is reasonable, and also flexible depending on what options you want. I used the scale that they provide for a one time purchase, which works perfectly with the software. Incredible flexibility. You can ship locally, by zone, flat rate, or international, the software even lets you do the international paperwork electronically. Its mostly set up to do postage and shipping through the US Postal Service but they also offer Fedex which is sometimes a better option.

Nachteile: I have used this software for over 10 years and I cannot think of one thing that I would call a con.

• Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Jessica C.
manager
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2018

"Great if you like paying for services you can get for free. "

Vorteile: I have used stamps.com for over 6 years, at about 4 different places that i work, i know its a popular system and easy to use. other Pros if you are a new to shipping, they offer a free 1 month trial and free 5lbs scale, and a pack w sticker sheets, postcard stamps, i believe you just pay for shipping.

Nachteile: Printing postage for something as simple as postcards is a real nightmare,
I really really dislike how the set up is for post cards you have to purchase seperate sheets to print out the postage then stick them 1 at a time on your post cards, this is not efficient, esecially when you have thousands of post cards to send out.
another con is the monthly fee. If you are selling on any platform like ebay, etsy, amazon you can purchase postage directly from them, for sometimes less than you can on stamps.com which defeats the purpose of paying a monthly fee for a "discounted shipping rate"
Im not a fan, they lure you in w free things but at the end of the day after paying for their special stamp paper and monthy fees we dont save anything in fact im sure we spent more than we needed to.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2018
Laura K.
Admin
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"Great option for simple day to day business mailings."

Kommentare: This is a great software to use for day to day mailings in small businesses. We can print our own stamps at the office and no longer need to make trips to the post office for supplies.

Vorteile: They send you a free scale and automatically calculate the cost of stamps for you. They also have a store for purchasing supplies integrated into the system interface.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything really. This system is pretty simple and easy to use! I guess the only thing that would have been better was if the free scale could weigh heavier items.

• Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Stop Standing In Line at the Post Office"

Kommentare: Very easy to use. Very cost effective if you have the postage need.
It took us several months to begin to recover the costs associated with starting - but we realized our needs would grow and it was better to learn the system while still small than jump into something untested and putting our reputation on the line...

Vorteile: Ease of use...
Online capability...
Free Digital Scale (to weigh your packages and pay accurate postage)...
Print your stamps directly from your desktop computer...
Schedule a pick up or just "drop off" at the post office...

Nachteile: Make sure your cost basis for using this system includes the monthly fees. When we started, we were actually losing money each month (until our postage expenses rose to meet this need). Be sure to order your replacement stamp sheets well in advance. There is nothing like running out of stamps to print and having to to the post office, only to come back and find your replacement stamps delivered later that day...

• Bewertet am 2.11.2018
  • Bewertet am 15.11.2017

"Great for a simple shipping solution."

Vorteile: The ease of signing up and immediately starting to print postage is nice. You can sign up in about a minute. When you sign up, initially for a trial, you receive some sign-up benefits like in free postage and others. Most of the benefits, however, are fairly useless. If you connect an e-commerce account, it can import all of your orders. This is extremely useful to quickly print postage and it will automatically upload the tracking information to your e-commerce account so you don't have to later.

Nachteile: The monthly fee and difficulty in canceling are the two biggest downsides. It is not too expensive, but you can find other cheaper options if your shipments per month are on the very low end. Another downside is that it logs you out fairly frequently and then takes a while to load each page even when you're logged in (I have a fast internet connection and computer, so I know it's not me). Last downside is if for some reason you damage the shipping label you just printed and have navigated away from that page, there is no way to reprint the label. You have to void that one and print a new one. A refund for the first label won't be given for two weeks at the earliest. This is highly annoying.

• Bewertet am 15.11.2017
Crystal P.
VICE PRESIDENT
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.4.2019

"If you don't have Stamps.com yet, get it!"

Kommentare: Saves me time not having to wait at the post office. We use on a daily basis, stamps every day. Maybe, once in 2 to 3 months do we have a user/printer error issue with the printing. Over all, I love it!!

Vorteile: The Pros of Stamps.com are that you don't have to go to the post office and buy a roll of stamps. You can just put the envelope or stickers in your printer and print them. You get a discount on the cost of the stamp. You can order supplies on line if needed, we just use envelopes and from time to time the stickers for larger envelopes. Customer service has been great!

Nachteile: The Cons of Stamps.com are if your printer eats your envelope....sometime, you can not hit the reprint button and you have to call it in or send in a form. Doesn't happen that often, and when it does, I call in and they credit my account right away.

• Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Nathan H.
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2018

"Time and Money Saving Software!"

Kommentare: Saves time at the post office, and you get a discounted rate on the labels versus paying at the post office.

Vorteile: Easy to use software. Saves a lot of time at the post office being able to simply drop all the packages off without needing to stand in line to get them weighed. You get a discount on the shipping label prices too! We sell primarily on ebay, and they have their own label system. However, Stamps.com works a lot better printing international labels with our Dymo LabelWriter. It also gives you the additional option of printing labels for an untracked flat or printing stamps. It has been great from Day 1, and I have no plans to stop using it.

Nachteile: I really don't have anything bad to say about this software. We use it on a daily to almost daily basis, and it has been a real time saver.

• Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Director of Operations
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2019

"Fantastic. The Best I've Been Able to Find."

Kommentare: I've been using them for my eBay/Amazon stores for years now. I started with their free 5lb scale they offered to sign up, and have since progressed to my own larger scale and am still using Stamps.com daily for all of my shipments.

Vorteile: If you have an eBay or Amazon store, you will have access to better and cheaper shipping rates with this platform. The difference between retail rates and the commercial rates offered through this service is huge. Plus, it is very cross-compatible, so you can use Stamps.com in conjunction with another shipping platform to purchase shipping through Stamps.com and then print batches of labels through the other program.

Nachteile: I don't have much to say in the way of negative comments. They are the first commercial shipping provider I tried outside of standard retail rates, and I have yet to find a competitor that offers a better service for a better value. This is the best I've been able to find thus far, that's all there is to it.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Jorge A.
Sales
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2019

"Easy to use, very straight foward"

Kommentare: I love stamps.com, it made it so easy to determine which was the cheapest and easiest way to send out my packages. Being able to choose the exact amount of postage made sure that didn't spend more than what I needed to on postage. The website was very simple to understand, I would defiantly recommend and reuse the website.

Vorteile: -The website is easy to use
-Lets you buy the right amount of postage you need
-Description of the of the different service type helps you determine exactly what method is most cost effective and fits you exact needs.
-Great for any size business looking to send out mail or packages.
-Made shipping my eBay orders a breeze.
-They give you a free digital scale to weigh your packages

Nachteile: Would be nice if the would consider selling thermal labels and printers to peel and stick them on packages.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Connie C.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.5.2018

"Great"

Kommentare: I only mail first class letters or print labels on a form 3100 label. I do not need any of the other services. I don't mail packages or boxes.

Vorteile: Don't need to physically go to the post office to buy stamps. Convenient.

Nachteile: Cannot list ship to addresses alphabetically, or have not figured it out. Especially if there are more than 1 line for company name, and next line before the street address. Like I have multiple addresses for Internal Revenue Service, 2nd line may be Dept. of the Treasury and then sometimes I don't need that line. Or I have several different addresses for PA Dept. of Revenue, but they are not all together. I have to look through the whole database on which one I want to use.

• Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Melissa E.
Adjunct Professor
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2018

"Well worth the extra pricing"

Kommentare: Easy to use (unless they change something); Saves time!; Love being able to access it 24/7.

Vorteile: Our local post office does not have the best arrangement of parking and drop off box (lots of fender benders over the years), so I love not having to go there in person to purchase postage. I prepare mailings for a local organization and being able to print my own stamps at home at any time saves me so much in time and effort. It is well worth the little extra that I pay for artisan stamp sheets and the monthly stamps.com fee. I appreciate also that the couple of times I had an issue with printing, the customer service representative credited my account and walked me through all the checkpoints to ensure it didn't happen again. The only reason I rated the Features & Functionality as four stars (instead of the five I gave every other category) is because every now and then the site will change and there is a little problem finding everything so I can print like usual. I wish I had more advanced notice of changes like that and maybe even a slideshow or video to show the differences between the old and new sites. I absolutely will continue using this service as it's been well worth the price through the years!

Nachteile: The only con would be when they make changes and it takes a while to get acclimated to the new site features and such.

Kristy G.
Paralegal
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2020

"Convenient way to pay for postage for our law practice"

Kommentare: Our office is able to save time byweighing the parcels in office on the provided scale and printing postage (at a discount) right from my desk printer.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use and how the program keeps track of your mailings. I can even track my priority and certified mail directly from the program.

Nachteile: There are too many selections to choose from for which label you are printing on. There should be a default or suggested depending on the type of package you're sending. It would be nice to make this web based instead of having to download to the computer.

• Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Brian B.
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2018

"A Lifesaver for Small Business Owners!"

Vorteile: This software is the answer to every small business owner's nightmare-- going to the post office. With a reasonable monthly cost and every feature you would need to ship, this software saved our small staff hours that we did not have to spend waiting in a post office line. Setup was simple and the software was the most intuitive I have found in the shipping software industry.

Nachteile: We switched to Stamps.com from another postage-generating software, and Stamps.com was a little more difficult to integrate with our existing software. The technical support was helpful but a little less responsive than we were used to.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2018
Peter R.
Principal
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2018

"I've been using stamps.com for about 10 years and wish I had started using it 10 years earlier. "

Kommentare: Saves time and hassles.

Vorteile: It saves me a great deal of time in addressing envelopes with postage on them and therefore saves me a lot of trips to the post office where I have to stand in a line with 20 people ahead of me. Makes mailing a lot more convenient and a great deal less irritating, which keeps my blood pressure from skyrocketing.

Nachteile: There's nothing about it I don't like about this software. It seems to load a bit slowly, but I don't know if that's the software or if it's my computer, but it's not a big deal since I usually load it in the morning and leave it running all day so it's ready to go when I need it.

David H.
Senior Accountant
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2017

"An affordable and practical solution for small busnesses"

Kommentare: Stamps.com is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than postage meters such as pitney bowes and still gets you the label or stamp you need right at your desk. So, if you are only mailing a couple hundred items a month, stamps.com is a great solution for your business that will almost certainly save both time and money.

Vorteile: Easy to use and purchase stamps, no requirement to buy in bulk, ability to also weigh and print postage for packages. Can be used anywhere with a printer and computer (no special hardware needed). Costs are easy to track.

Nachteile: When compared to a product like the pitney bowes postage meter, Stamps.com falls a little short in terms of printing speed, speed of use, and required supplies (Stamps.com primarily requires you to print onto a label which is then affixed to letter whereas pitney bowes meters print directly onto the envelope).

• Bewertet am 9.12.2017