Über Surpass

Eine Suite von Anwendungen, die alle täglichen Funktionen von Bibliotheken und Medienzentren reibungslos automatisiert.

Erfahre mehr über Surpass

I appreciate the customer service and tech support.

Very disappointing and looking to change programs.

Bewertungen zu Surpass

4,9

Surpass hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 106 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Surpass bereits verwendet?

Marsha
Marsha
Library Administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product! Excellent Customer Service!

Kommentare: Highly recommend for a small congregational library like ours.

Customer Service very helpful initially to catalog our library of 2000 books. After closing for 2 years, computer was dead and I thought I lost my entire library! With the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in CS we are open and back on track! Everything was backed up. Highly recommend paying the yearly fee.

So many features! Can be difficult to learn initially.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review! We're happy that we were able to help recover your cataloging and patron data! You might want to consider migrating to Surpass Cloud so you and your patrons can access your library from any device and not worry about maintaining computer hardware.

Angie
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Surpass service is very good!

Kommentare: So far since we have gone to the cloud based version, they are improving performance when we ask for changes. Most requests are met in a fairly short period of time. Tech support is very helpful.

Lots of reports available for circulation, materials and patrons available. Like the option of being able to create customized reports

Wish we could print patron info and resource lists like the previous version. Being able to make changes across multiple resources at one time would be more helpful. The cloud based version runs slowly a lot of the time. Reaction time when scanning in many items can be slow. We have to be very careful checking in multiple items because it takes a little while for each one to show up on the log.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review, Angie! We're happy that you're happy with Surpass -- especially with service and support. Surpass Cloud is always evolving and improving thanks to the feedback and ideas from the folks who use it every day. Please don't be shy about letting us know your ideas or where you find shortcomings. We have addressed some performance issues recently, so you should see faster responses.

Ana
Learning Community Coordinator in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Creation Village World School

Kommentare: Training was easy conducted by a knowledgeable team. In addition, support there are lots of resources on YouTube with step-by-step short tutorials. Very helpful. Technicians are available online and you have a response in matter of minutes. They make it easy for you.
I highly recommend Surpass Software!

Surpass program itself is very good, modern, complex and easy to use. Covers all areas of a school library, easy to access, to use and self-explanatory. Truely I cannot say enough good things about Surpass program. Also Surpass software comes with a price tag that small private schools can afford.

I really cannot think of anything negative about it.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Ana, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that your start-up process went smoothly and that you found our tutorials helpful! We're continually striving to make this process as easy as possible, so we are thrilled to hear about your experience!

Jill
Teacher Librarian in USA
Bibliotheken, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Proceed with Caution

I like the bright colors on the catalog. I also like that you can catalog books by just typing in the title and author.

The follow-up by the Help Desk is pretty much non-existent. The chat feature does not work so if you put in a ticket, you have to log in again to see if your question has been answered. I was hoping it would send me an email. It is also very slow when checking in books.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Hi Jill. Our support is one of the things people like best about Surpass, so I'm disappointed and concerned that we didn't live up to your or our own expectations. We would like to find out why chat wasn't working for you and why you didn't receive email updates on your support ticket. Perhaps we don't have your correct email address or our email went to your spam folder. Please reach out to us. We want to make sure you have a great experience with Surpass.

Linda
Volunteer Librarian in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Surpass Support Staff

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: When you are a 'one person shop' it is good to know that you have the support staff to do just that - support you. In my first library life, I mostly did legal research. So the world of cataloging was overwhelming to start. But the support group always knows how to help migrate to the Cloud, resize labels, put the OPAC on our website, change default settings and fix glitches in copy cataloging. No question has ever been too small.

I have especially enjoyed creating nested Explore buttons for our unique online catalog.

Sometimes the online instructions for working in the Cloud can be a bit confusing, but the support staff is always there to walk you through them.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Linda, Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We're so glad to hear that you have enjoyed working with our support team and that you are comfortable coming to us with your questions. You're absolutely correct... no question is too small! If there are any sections of the Cloud instructions that you think need clarification, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to refine our documentation as needed and would be grateful for your input.

Jean
Princeton Windrows resident librarian in USA
Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Surpass was our choice for our community

Kommentare: We chose Surpass to automate our community library and are working with a volunteer committee. The support staff has been a consistent valuable help in getting us set up.

we like the ability to customize the various modules for our community.

the depth of the software requires time to learn the many features. This is also an asset but takes time for a volunteer organization to master the software.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It makes us happy that you're happy!

Peter
Bibliotheken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Perfect System for a Smaller, Special Library

Kommentare: It has been a great experience. Surpass is able to meet our needs and they are open to suggestions for new ideas.

It is extremely customizable, user friendly, and has great support from Surpass staff.

My experience with Surpass has all been positive.

letztes Jahr

We're honored that you chose Surpass from the many other options you had and delighted that your experience has been positive! Thank you!

Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

"Surpass: Get Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level!"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Surpass has been very positive. Surpass is a powerful tool that allows us to easily create and manage online tests and assessments. It has allowed us to dramatically reduce the amount of time and effort needed to design and deploy tests and assessments, while also providing us with detailed and insightful analytics.We are using Surpass to solve several different business problems. Firstly, it allows us to quickly create and deploy tests and assessments on a variety of topics, meaning that we can get feedback quickly and accurately. Secondly, it allows us to measure the effectiveness of our training and assessment programs by providing us with detailed analytics that can inform decisions and strategies. Lastly, it allows us to easily create and manage multiple versions of tests and assessments, making it easy to adjust and refine the content based on feedback.The benefits we have realized from using Surpass are numerous. It has allowed us to quickly and accurately create and deploy tests and assessments, saving us time and money. It also allows us to get detailed analytics on the performance of our programs, enabling us to pinpoint areas for improvement. Finally, it has allowed us to easily create and manage multiple versions of tests and assessments, enabling us to quickly adjust and refine the content.

Pros:• Surpass software is easy to use and intuitive.• It offers a wide range of features that are easily customizable and can be adapted to meet the needs of any business.• Integration with existing business processes is seamless and does not require any additional training or complicated setup instructions.• The software provides advanced security measures to protect data and user information.• The software offers automated reporting and analytics capabilities that can be used to gain insights into business performance.• It offers a comprehensive suite of customer relationship management tools that help businesses to better manage customer relationships.• The software has a comprehensive library of templates and tools to help businesses create professional-looking reports and documents.

One of the main cons of Surpass software is the lack of customization options. While the software is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, users may find that they are limited in the ability to customize their experience. Additionally, the software may not integrate well with existing business processes, making it difficult to use in certain scenarios. Furthermore, the software can be quite expensive, which may not be feasible for all businesses.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for the review, Devendra, but I think you might be thinking of a different product. Our products are designed for library management. Perhaps, though, you are using it for managing tests and assessments. In any case, I'm glad you're happy with your software, whether it's ours or something else! :-)

Lawrence
Volunteer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for Small Libraries Run by Volunteers

Kommentare: It was great. They made a challenging project manageable.

We received excellent support as we implemented Surpass. From little questions to big queries, we received prompt, knowledgeable responses that made our work easier. The staff was very patient with us. They were good listeners and helped us clarify and solve our problems. Jeremy was terrific in helping us at every stage. It is the best software support that I have ever received.

None. There was no downside. I don't want to create problems where none exist.

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Lawrence, We're so pleased to hear that you are happy with both the software and our support team! We understand that implementing a new software can be stressful, so we do our best to make that process as easy as possible. Thank you for your kind words and don't hesitate to reach out if needed.

Stephanie
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Valuable Resource for small libraries

Easy to use and great support system when needed.

Not much to not like. Can’t think of anything else.

vor 2 Monaten

Thanks for your review, Stephanie! Our support folks are definitely a likable bunch!

Rachelle

Surpass has amazing support

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with Surpass. It's flexible and allows our school to enter the data into the system the way that works best for us.

The Surpass system is super easy to work with and learn. I'm not savvy with computers but the Surpass system is easy to navigate. Whenever I do need a helping hand, the support team is available to help. No waiting around for a call back or being put on hold. And the support team is super kind and easy to talk to. They understand what I am trying to ask, sometimes even when I don't. If there is a feature that would be nice to have, they are always making changes to fit the needs of the users. They truly do listen.

The hardest part to Surpass for me, is updating all the new students at the beginning of the school year. I wish it were easier. But the support team is always there to help me figure out any mistakes I've made and get it my information merged into the system.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your review! We're so happy that you're happy! :-) We have some new features for connecting Surpass Cloud to your school's student management system, making manual updating of adding new student records and updating existing records easy and automatic? Get in touch with us and we'll tell you all about it.

Ronald
librarian in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Surpass Cloud is wonderful, as is Surpass Support.

Kommentare: Surpass Support has always treated me well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the tech department are easy to talk with, and they have implemented suggestions I have made the same day. For example, I asked for the ability to print receipts when students pay a fine. This was implemented by D[SENSITIVE CONTENT]the same day. This ability to make suggestions, and have the suggestions implemented, is one of the best features of Surpass Cloud.

The software is easy for me to use, and easy for my assistants to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are always happy to help me when I email or call.

There is nothing about Surpass Cloud I do not like!

Antwort von Surpass Software

We are thrilled that you're enjoying using Surpass Cloud in your library. Since it's humble beginnings 36 years ago, the most important "software designers" on our team have been the people who use it everyday in managing their libraries. Keep those great ideas and suggestions coming! We listen!

Kay
USA
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Small Church Library Software

Kommentare: Being a former public librarian gave me a good reference point for choosing a software package for our church library. After several months of research, I chose the Surpass CL because of all of its features. The member functions - check-out, search, and reserve - are easy for the members to use, which was necessary as this is currently mostly a self-serve library. There is always a learning curve when learning a new database, but the database for maintaining the collection was not difficult to learn. It can be customized in many ways & do what you want. It is geared for growth. The IT help is amazing and patient. When learning any software, there may be questions or the occasional glitch. The sales personnel are not pushy. I have had it for two years now & would recommend Surpass to any library.

Sally
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

School Library Surpass Use

Kommentare: I LOVE having Library Sidekick for use with the students that I am teaching how to use the catalog. They can do so much with a little explanation. I like Library Trek as well, but do not have as much application for this app since the students do not get to use their iphones and ipods in class time.

The software is updated frequently, and instructions are sent to people using it to keep them "in the know."

No CONS that register with me. There is nothing I can register here.

Jane
Church librarian in USA

Top Notch Software!

Kommentare: I volunteered to help the church move the library and catalog their books into the Surpass system last year. I worked in a school library for over twenty years, so felt I could help them get the job done. My library at the school used the Follett system, therefore, I was able to figure out the Surpass system with a little help from your staff. I feel that your staff is very approachable and easily understands my problems and to helped me to work through them. We opened the library last Sunday morning. We had 89 patrons fill out a registration form for a patron number and many checked out their own books at the self-checkout station. The patrons were very impressed with the Surpass system. We are purchasing the Safari application and I am very excited to show the patrons how the Search for an author or book and enter a book into the Bookbag feature. I feel that Safari is a necessary component for the library to run smoothly, especially when a volunteer staff person is not available.

The Self-Check feature.

Waiting for the Marc Record to be found. Some times the search takes a long time.

Mary
Media Clerk in USA

Surpass

Kommentare: Whenever I have a problem or issue the staff at Surpass is wonderful! Always friendly and professional.

Very user friendly and if you happen to have an issue their customer service is a call away!

There is nothing I can think of that I'd change.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your glowing review, Mary! You're making us blush!

Deloris
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We really Love Surpass!

I am a newbie to online library systems. Surpass software makes it very easy to use. The navigation is user friendly. Surpass Support is always ready to help when you call or email.

One minor thing. I think they could program scanning the barcode from the Resource View menu instead of having to type the title in manually.

Antwort von Surpass Software

We're so happy that you're finding Surpass Cloud user-friendly! You should be able to scan a barcode anywhere you can type it, including in Resources View. Give it a try!

Nancy
Purchasing Clerk in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great customer service!

Kommentare: Easy

The software did everything we needed and the customer service was quick and helpful. Surpass is so easy to work with.

I can't think of anyway to improve the software.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for your review! We're proud that we have earned a reputation for fast and friendly support!

Charles
Operations Analyst in USA
Strafverfolgung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Used for correctional library.

the program is very organized and user-friendly.

The backup was a little confusing at first. However, once I had completed it via the walkthrough it almost came naturally.

Antwort von Surpass Software

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Charles. Organized and friendly is always our design goal.

Debby
Church Librarian in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Surpass is Excellent for Small Church Libraries as well as other types of businesses

Kommentare: I recently upgraded our small church library software (it hadn't been upgraded since 2008). Every person I talked to was patient, knowledgeable and efficient. The tech guy (Ron) had been with the company since before 2008, so the process seemed easy from his end. He stayed with me on the phone as he upgraded and answered all my questions, as if I was the only customer for the day. I just ordered a scanner from Surpass to make my job easier (I had done the first wave of cataloging without one). The yearly price for tech support was probably used by that ticket alone. The product prices are/were relatively easy to handle, too. This is a great company and I am glad I went with them. I am a retired school librarian, so am familiar with cataloging software. This does everything I need it to do. I wish the scanner was wireless, but then I probably would not be able to afford it. So am just happy to have one I could afford that is 100% compatible with the software out of the box. They set the bar with Customer Service!

Ellen
USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy Library Set up and Usage- Get Surpass

Kommentare: Surpass is easy to use and provides a wonderful library process for our school and our students. All the staff at Surpass are friendly, helpful, and caring to their customers and take care of all your needs in a timely manner.

Ease of use and support received from Surpass

Robin

Excellent Customer Support

Kommentare: Great!

I found the transition from the former edition of Surpass to the cloud-based version to be very smooth.

As an administrator. I would appreciate help pop-ups or something like that. All I had to do was visit "Settings" and "make visible," to fix my problem. The pop-up was "you must choose at least one category," and only the heading "Category" appeared. The pop-up could have suggested this, " Try "Settings," "Categories," then edit to "Make Visible." Just a suggestion. :)

Terri
Librarian

great software

Kommentare: I love, love, love, this software a lot. I'm so glad the school decided to update my software with Surpass. The ease of processing the books and maintaining the student records is so much faster with only I screen to look at, but I do see a small room for improvements went it comes to checking in and out. I would had gave surpass a 5 star review but for a few issues i'm have getting use to how their circulation screen works. I don't like that when I check students card for lates before they come day to library,that I need to get the mouse and go back to the parton and click on it again. My old software as soon as you hit enter it was ready for the next student. I find this is taking me longer to get done before the next grade comes in.
Over all I would tell anyone to get Surpass well worth it.

Shirley
Media Specialist
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Surpass support for lost password.

Kommentare: I sent a rapid response email first. The reply came in under 10 minutes that I needed to call their support line due to security issues. I call and got a message that they had a very high call volume. I understand this with the start of the school year. I was given the option of leaving a call back number that saved my place in line. This is a nice option!! My call was returned in about 5 minutes. I felt foolish for forgetting my admin password. The representative was very nice and helped me reset it with no problem.
Overall, this was one of the best tech support service experience I have had.

Elizabeth
Kanada

Happy with Surpass

Kommentare: I have been using Surpass for over 10 years in a small special library for early childhood educators. I originally purchased it for its ease of use and the ability to customize it to suit our library. Over the years we have added components as our library grew and the options were made available. I continue to be extremely satisfied with the software, and the support and service I have received through the years has been excellent. I definitely recommend this software.