Über PatternSmith

PatternSmith und seine integrierten Plug-ins ermöglichen es dem Anwender, perfekte Muster zu entwickeln.

Erfahre mehr über PatternSmith

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie PatternSmith bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Managing Director in Kenia

Great User Interface

Kommentare: The software has helped our fashion and design company in nesting more efficiently. We have been able to make varying and attracting iterations with ease.

1.The software is user friendly. It helps you in organizing files and executing cuts easily. 2.Its new version (Version 8) has a very intriguing look. It provides a current windows program as compared to previous versions which were outdated 3.Efficient while performing huge programming requiring multiple formats.

1.The software crashes quite often 2.It has been difficult to execute simple commands like extensions and trimming while using PatternSmith. 3.Not compatible with AutoCAD

Antwort von Autometrix

Hi There - thanks for the honest feedback! We're sorry to hear you're experiencing software crashes - we've got a team of software developers right here in house constantly working to improve our software, so please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. We also consistently update our software - so head over to our website and download our newest version and see if you experience improved reliability. If not, contact Customer Service and they'll walk you through some logs our way so we can determine the issue and work to fix it!

Scott H.
Programming Director in USA
Textilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PatternSmith is a powerful CAD program that is flexible to work with a variety of cutting machines.

Kommentare: Ease of use. Flexible.

PatternSmith is very easy to use. It has powerful tools in the editor mode that can be easily set up for your own specifications. We also export all of programs as .nc files that can be used for a variety of cutting machines. It also incorporates a material library much like other more expensive software platforms. When used in conjunction with AutoMetrix cutting tables the result is smooth, fast cutting with the ability to change the nesting area as needed for specialty fabrics and recuts. I would recommend Patternsmith to anyone who does high volume programming with multiple machine formats.

I would like to see some dimensioning capabilities in future releases. There are also problems associated with the back button and the software locking up. This usually occurs when there are a lot of radiuses or complex math equations working in the background. Saving to polylines often results in broken pieces such as a square having only three sides after saving it, At this time users are not able to set up a que for programs. They need to load each program individually for cutting.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hi Scott - thanks for your detailed feedback! Jordan has a current service contract, so you guys can upgrade to our newest PatternSmith version 8 at any point. We'd recommend it, and see if it improves your experience! We also have some products in the works right now that address some of your feature requests - so stay tuned! Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to know more...

Karl M.
Production Manager in USA
Sportartikel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Purpose-built software with some bizarre bugs. (patternsmith 7.6-7.7)

Kommentare: We're running and Autometrix table, and Patternsmith is the best tool that integrates seamlessly. When it works, it's very efficient. Once you get accustomed to the workarounds and establish a workflow, custom work can be drawn up very quickly. Customer service is outstanding.

The integration between the pattern editing and nesting is seamless. When it's dialed, it's very efficient. It runs on old computers because, well, it's pretty old. Customer service is awesome if you have a service contract.

Crashes frequently. No autosave function. When nesting a table, executing the undo command repeatedly explodes all the parts to random parts of the table you're working on, and sometimes replaces them with other random parts that weren't even in the table.... let's just say it has a revisionist approach to history. In 7.6, the labels for different nests magically trade places and generally pull random words from other nests, sometimes from other files altogether.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Karl, Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences with PatternSmith. You are correct, version 7.6 is pretty old software now, and I'm happy to let you know that you are eligible to upgrade to our current version (version 9) for FREE. PatternSmith upgrades are a benefit of your paid Support Agreement, and we can provide training and assistance with the new version if you'd like. You can download PatternSmith 9 directly from our website or contact us at software@autometrix.com for assistance.

Jack K.
Design in USA
Sportartikel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

PatternSmith Review

Kommentare: It has been good. Like all programs it takes a while to get good at it. I do not run the cutting machine, but the people that do have given me very good feedback on what sort of ways I should do the designs. What we should write in the seam allowances and that sort of thing.

THe way it interfaces with te cutting machine.. The way you can use measure poly lines.

I Also design with Solid works, so when I use both I get a very powerfull combination. yet patternsmith can do things in 2D that solid works can not, and of course we can unfold products in solid works, and export the DXF files. I really have no complaints except that it has taken me a long time to learn how to use both. Years ago, if I was on the road, and I needed to work on patternsmith, the program would not let me use it because it would recognize a different IP adress or something like that. We went bac to 2005, 7.6 and everything worked out fine. We continue to use 2005 7.6 today.

Jonathan P.
Cad drafter/ machine programmer in Kanada
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good product, easier to use in new version, but no language choice

new design easier to understand, user friendly

parametric files don't exist, can't use a part in many markers and then change one and auto updates on next open in another marker. also not possible to put software in french.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hi Jonathan - thanks for your feedback! Glad to see you guys are enjoying the new version. We'll continue to work to make the system more flexible for all the different use cases, but the primary reason we don't have parametric type patterns as a standard is because of how it affects each separate marker. If you change a pattern, it's unlikely that the nested marker can remain the same without running into overlap issues. We DO have another product, Templates, that is a powerful plugin for PatternSmith allowing parametric pattern templates to be built, and then resized patterns are generated and ready for nesting. If you think that might be of interest, please let us know and we can set up a demo! We are also working to support more languages in the future - we'll make sure French is on the list.

Dexter S.
Industrial Designer in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Happy with the overall experience but would love more features, shortcuts, & customization.

Kommentare: The company I am currently with has been using this software for quite a while and I understand that it is a very important piece to our business. I am happy to see a new update is coming out and would love to see the what's new.

I enjoy the short learning curve and ease of use the most.I have taught others on how to use it and they quickly picked it up. The manual is also very informative, and the tool tips are a good touch.

I would like it more if there were more ways to customize and set automatized features. It would also be great if the user can upload a photo and has it be seen through the "pattern window".

Antwort von Autometrix

Hi Dexter - thanks for the feedback! Wanted to let you know that, if I understand your request correctly, PatternSmith version 8 has a new feature that lets you place a picture as a background in the pattern editor and scale it. Then, a pattern can be drafted over that background quite easily! If you guys are interested in giving it a try, head over to http://www.autometrix.com/patternsmith/trial and download a 30 day trial, then give us a call and we'll guide you through the process...

Steve K.
CAD Engineer in Kanada
Industrieautomation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

This product has sped up our production and made the process easy and simple to use.

Kommentare: The benefit of being able to quickly and easily make new tarp drawings and repeat the tarps that already have been made.

The operators in the back have all pick this up quickly and it has been easy to train them on. It has improved our quality and made the process much more consistent.

The thing that we dislike about PatternSmith is we continuously have to go through there website to get new unlock codes for the software. It is easy to do this, but it does happen more than we would like.

Antwort von Autometrix

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback, Steve. We know the unlock code issues is a major frustration for those of you affected. Happy to report that PatternSmith version 8 has an improved unlock system that is proving to solve the problem - Michels is eligible for an upgrade at any point, so I'd encourage you to reach out to customer service and we'll help with the process!

John G.
Partner in UK
Textilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Patternsmith

Kommentare: It has, and continues to be functional enough to produce our designs, but basic enough to use easily.

It's basic functionality, ease of use, the fact we are not forced to pay for un-necessary upgrades when the software does everything we need it to. We enjoyed being part of the bug reporting users back when it was released, and was impressed with the speed of bug fixing. As sail and cover makers, the basic 2D design capabilities have served our needs for nearly 20 years, and continue to do so.

The fact that every time we bought a new computer, we had to ask for a .tlf code. (Not a big hassle really, but thought I should write something!)

Sampath R.
Production Manager in Sri Lanka
Textilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Improvement and suggestion

Kommentare: Software get crash most of the time, it need to be saved every steps and this is a difficult to use continuously. Zoom function is not good, both drawing interface and pattern nesting interface. Snap function need to improve lot. Measurement tool need to be improved. “Start of perimeter “function is not good and it need to be improved.

Mostly I like this software is for pattern nesting

Pattern drawing options are very poor , support to draw and measurement it weak.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Sampath, Thank you for sharing your PatternSmith experience with us. It looks like you are using an old version of PatternSmith. You will find improved drafting and measuring tools in our current version of PatternSmith along with a very stable platform. The 'Start of perimeter' function has also been reworked! Feel free to download a FREE 30 day trial from our website. If you have any additional questions you can always direct them to software@autometrix.com

Will M.
engineer in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Patternsmith Review

Kommentare: Overall I would say good

It seems to be easier to use than other products on the market

Low level functionality. It is good for cutting premade dxf files but bad at making changes to those files. Also there seems to be an issue with layers even after much discussion with autometrix on the correct ways to set those up and import/export

Antwort von Autometrix

Thanks for the honest feedback, WIll - our records show you're still working with an older version of PatternSmith. As DXF files have become more and more common as the "non-native file type of choice", we've put a lot of effort into better tools for handling DXF files within PatternSmith. We'd definitely recommend checking out PatternSmith 9 and seeing if it solves some of your frustrations!

George K.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My thoughts? Not sure what u mean.

Kommentare: Overall been a bit frustrated. I wish the software was more geared to apparel or could exchange with outside files.

It’s pretty comprehensive and the fact that you guys continue to update.

It’s a closed system. Does not work well with other files. I also wish you guys had a thorough training manual or video tutorials.

Antwort von Autometrix

Good news George! PatternSmith does have a comprehensive manual, which you can find in your PatternSmith program under: File>Help. There you will find an English or Spanish Help Manual, and a Quickstart guide. You can also access Quickstart training videos on our YouTube channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIqX34z0iUE&list=PLLvk0BEBrlfrxxqzFe7P_bJ-f0YHTYxQF So far we have 10 PatternSmith Quickstart videos and we will continue to add new videos to that library as we finish them. Check them out and let us know what you think!

Jonathan P.
Cad drafter/cnc programer in Kanada

good experience no major set backs with the software.

clean look not to much "useless" menus. the new ad-ons and tweaks help out making this software more user friendly.

the thing i like the least is that if i make some patterns and copy them in another file and want to edit i have to edit everywhere the copy is.. i am used to software that is parametric and i think that this would be a great feature to add to your software.

Antwort von Autometrix

Thanks for the feedback, Jonathan! Good news - we have software called TailorMade that provides a parametric patterning solution for PatternSmith. We're currently working on writing the newest version of that to work with PatternSmith 8, but it looks like you guys are on version 7 right now anyways. If you'd like to learn more, please reach out to us at support@autometrix.com and we can demo it!

Shan N.

Great

Kommentare: Time saver!!

Clean, easy to read. Overall just used to it and have gotten over the cons by this time. The cons are really what are separating the pros at this moment.

I wish I would be able to create a way where I dont have to always draw out the new patterns that are similar to other ones.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hi Shane - thanks for your thoughts. I've got (potentially) good news for you on the repetitive pattern drafting front! We have a product called TailorMade that's been extremely popular with many of our customers, especially Spa Cover manufacturers. We're currently rewriting it for our newest platform to make it even better, but I think you'd be interested in at least seeing a demo! Please reach out to us a support@autometrix.com and ask about TailorMade...

Jerit F.
Cutter in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Where can I send suggestions?

Kommentare: great program

Range of capabilities - seems program can do just about everything we need....

Email me for suggestions if you really want to know - i need to tell you what version we're running, too - and i can send you videos of the many little things i run into

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Jerit, thank-you for the positive feedback on PatternSmith! We work hard to provide pattern design software with broad appeal across many industries, and I'm glad you like working with it. We are always interested in our customer's feedback and suggestions. Please email them to: software@autometrix.com If you are not already using PatternSmith 9, you can download it from our website to try it out. Perhaps something you wish to suggest has already been implemented?

Ana C.
Assistant Supervisor, Cargo Restraint Systems in USA

The software is amazing the way it makes the machine mark data and make circles on material.

Our company has been using the "PatternSmith" software since 1999 to manufacture aircraft components made from textiles. Its use has improved our productivity 10 fold at least. One operator at our company states, "The software has made my work easy by making the cutting machine so easy to use. It performs so many functions previously performed manually using a measuring scale, marking pen, and scissors. It marks the stitch lines on the fabric used to sew the webbing to the fabric on large and small nets. It also marks small holes on fabric for the laser guided snap installer to aim at and cuts large holes in fabric 3" to 4" in diameter. It can even cut 12 foot long shapes in a very short time. I would recommend it to any company using scissors to repeatedly cut fabric."

The software has continuously improved in the last 16 years making the cutting table perform its function even better. The only real concern we have is the vacuum pump is too noisy.

Mark W.
Previous Owner/ Retired in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

PatternSmith Review

Kommentare: I was surprised and very pleased in how quickly and easily the company was able to make the change to a cad based design system. The savings paid for the software and cutting tables quickly and repeatedly over the years. I could not imagine attempting to operate a business without it.

Ease in which hemming dimensions could be added to a designed pattern, along with the ability to print instructions to the fabricator within the hemming space.

An inexperienced designer could shut down the program unexpectedly with multiple quick clicks on select menu items in the early versions. Data would be lost up to the last time the file was saved. We started using the program in the late 1990’s

Dean W.
Inventory Coordinator in USA
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A fairly trouble-free software package. It works well for our needs.

Kommentare: Without it, all patterns would be cut by hand with extraordinary waste and inaccuracy. This software removes all doubt if we keep control of our pattern files correctly (version control).

Accuracy of pattern details. More or less anything can be designed with this software as long as you take the time to learn how to use it. I draft all the patterns for our company and it took me a few years to get efficient at it.

Licensing can be problematic. At times it wants us to relicense the product for no obvious reason and the workers on the floor are unable to perform this action. Often hours of work time are lost while they wait for me to relicense the software.

Perri S.
Cutter/supervisor in USA
2-10 Mitarbeiter

I have had very few problems with this product.

Kommentare: Has taken our product to new levels.

PatternSmith software does all the work for you. All you really have to do is learn what the tools are and what they do. I use it to figure out all kinds of lengths, angles and designs for work and personal projects.

It would be nice if the plotter would mark away from the center of the table. Sometimes the pen catches the edge and lifts the material causing a loss in suction and sometimes breaking the pen. It can also cause the machine to lose alignment.

Antwort von Autometrix

Thanks for the feedback, Perri! I just added your idea about different sorting to avoid lifting material edges to a list so we can discuss it with developers!

Doug B.
CEO in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great program

Kommentare: Use it to create all my cut paths for my autometrix machine

Quick change works perfectly for my application easy to re adjust patterns does not require a degree to learn

Not super intuitive does way to many un nessesary things looses the key frequently but customer service is lightning quick to respond

Antwort von Autometrix

Thanks for the feedback, Doug! We've been frustrated by the loss of keys too - the good news is, we've modified the system we use in version 8 of PatternSmith. We'd highly recommend an upgrade! If you'd like to check it out, you can download a 30 day trial at www.autometrix.com/patternsmith/trial. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions - we want our users to be successful, not frustrated!

Roberto O.
Designer in USA
Textilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

We been able to design hundreds of successful products using Pattern Smith only.

Kommentare: We have been able to design 99% of the products that the company offer.

I have been in the design department for 17 years and I can tell you that: 1 . Pattern Smith is reliable; this program does not have bugs found in other programs. 2. It is very easy to use compared to other software. 3. 100% compatible with autometrix cutting machines. For our company it is the best choice. No complains so far. Our company has depended on pattern smith for 20 years. Our products are great and very competitive.

Richard M.

20 Yr. in the fabrics industry.

Pattern Smith has changed our whole operation. We can do more with less. The investment in Autometrix and Pattern Smith has proven itself an excellent decision in the growth of our little company. The time from concept to production has seen a huge drop in the first year. The software is easy to learn, start with the basics and expand every day.

Wish I had it years ago. There were a couple glitches early on that have all been solved. The team at Autometrix are always great to work with.

Paul O.
President in USA
Textilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Happy Customer!!

Kommentare: Patternsmith has increased our productivity.

The software is extremely easy to understand and learn.

It has some glitches that seem to never get patched.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Paul, Thank you for taking time to review PatternSmith software. We are happy to hear you are a satisfied customer! It looks like you are using an old version of PatternSmith, and most of the glitches you mention have been addressed in later releases. If you'd like to take a look at our current version, please contact me at software@autometrix.com and I'd be happy to review the changes and improvements with you personally.

Kyla B.
Manager in USA
Textilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good, but I probably need an update

Kommentare: Helps speed up the process of getting material patternized for cutting

Helps automate what would be a tedious manual process

Little tricky to remember all the features (i.e. How do I do what I want to do with this tool)

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Kyla, Thank you for taking the time to review PatternSmith software. You are correct, you are using an older version of PatternSmith. Please contact software@autometrix.com for information on updating your program to a newer version. We can also provide training and other resources to help you learn the program and become an efficient user!

Olie M.
CEO in USA
Textilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very functional software

Kommentare: We can modify and adjust our patterns as much as we need to!

Not so sure what to say except it works well for us.

More rotation angles (more than 45, 90 and 180 degrees) for nesting would be good.

Antwort von Autometrix

Hello Olie, Thank you for taking time to review PatternSmith. I'm happy to let you know that PatternSmith 9 allows you to set a custom rotation; so in addition to the None, 45?, 90?, 180? and Full, you can now set any angle you'd like! Upgrade to PatternSmith 9 today to check it out. Feel free to contact software@autometrix.com with any questions.

Miron G.
Design Supervisor & Production Support in USA
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

putting together a project is easy after you get past the learning curve training is every thing.

Kommentare: The support has been great some one has been there when there is a question.

with Pattern smith we have less of what we don't need and most of what we do need with out a lot of clutter. The functions that we use seem to be designed for the pattern that we need for our removable insulation covers.

some of the 3D programs could have more functions like a oblong to round saddle pattern and the nesting program could be included in package that comes along with the license.