Complex, yet easy at the same time.

Bewertet am 10.9.2018
Public Affairs Signature Events Coordinator
Bibliotheken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used EMS for internal and external events within our organization. We recently switched to Communico and I'm desperately missing EMS, which seemed built for our needs. We could easily tell what events were internal and which ones were external, what was a meeting and what was a special event.

Vorteile: EMS let us view all of our events happening in one day on one easy-to-view screen. I could easily sort via a drop down and insert things like furniture, a/v needs, and other information by copying it over from another event. I also liked the ability to copy an entire event without having to do much work. Reports are easy to read. I liked that I could see who created each event so I knew who to contact if I had questions.

Nachteile: There's a lot going on with this software. It seemed as though some ways of doing things were convoluted, but once I figured it out, it was easy. It was a little slow at times, but we DID have an outdated version.

Great software, not so great support

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Laura V.
Director of Event Sales
Darstellende Künste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoyed working with the software. It was easy and did everything that I wanted it to do.

Vorteile: EMS is a robust platform with so many functionalities. It is relatively easy to learn and use. Their manual and online help resources are good.

Nachteile: I was disappointed with the sales rep for our account. We had been clients for several years and had the software on our server. When we made the decision to go cloud-based, there were other companies that were anxious to talk immediately and give us sample accounts to test. When I asked for the same from EMS, our sales rep was too busy for us. He wouldn't even set up an appointment less than one month out. I felt that he wasn't interested in our business so we switched to another company.

EMS

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Rebeka S.
Director of Membership
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this works very well for us and keeps a large organization running efficiently.

Vorteile: EMS has proven to be a good organization system for room bookings. We use it internally for a large synagogue where there are multiple classrooms and function rooms that are used all day, every day between the synagogue staff, day school staff and religious school staff.

Nachteile: The "look" of it is very antiquated. There must be a more attractive platform on which to present this software. Also, you have to go through (sometimes hard-to-find) wizards to duplicate booking details, and it always seemed like there must be a smoother way to accomplish that step.

Exceptional product and very user friendly

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Taylor C.
Assistant Director
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall EMS Event Management Software is very easy to use and tracks data very well. The reporting options that are available are very helpful to get out to our staff and tracking events and billing is very easy to do.

Vorteile: I really enjoyed all the capabilites EMS has with its event booking software. It is very customizable and easy to book and track events. It made event planning very easy when we manage thousands of events per year.

Nachteile: There isn't much I do not like about this software. EMS does have a bigger software that allows you to customize for different user groups who oversee different venues within the operation but I do wish they had a smaller version of this.

Powerful tool with clunky interface

Bewertet am 29.1.2018
Teaching Assistant

Vorteile: EMS has a lot of powerful features and robust reporting. Their customer service is always willing to go the extra mile to help you out.

Nachteile: EMS pushes updates to the software at least monthly but a lot of bugs go unnoticed. Some of their notification features, the Web App and Room Sign App/Kiosk leaves much to be desired. I don't always feel that EMS values the input of their customers.

EMS

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Operations Technician
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I work in a large event space and EMS helps to keep all of our info organized and everyone on the same page

Nachteile: I wish you could search out certain equipment being used throughout the building instead of viewing event by event.

I have used EMS for years. I can do everything I need.

Bewertet am 25.5.2017
Jeanne D.
Director of Advancement
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps multiple groups coordinate our facility usage here at our school and church. We are able to quickly and cleanly see whether a space is for use. It has streamlined communication about space usage over many users.

Vorteile: I like the level of detail it provides. You can see everything about an event quickly. You can drill down and create more levels of complexity however you see fit to use it.

Nachteile: It can be time consuming to really use it to its fullest and add all those event detiails, but its always optional. You can include as much or as little as you need.

Good system but not so user-friendly

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Loreli B.
Admissions Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to use this to organize our rooms and events and communicate with each other.

Vorteile: I like that our office can use this software to log and communicate events with each other and keep track of everything.

Nachteile: The software is not too easy to use. There are quite a few functions that took us a while to figure out how to use.

EMS allows us to schedule events in our building with ease

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Brian F.
Admissions Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Scheduling events and reserving rooms has never been easier for our staff and students.

Vorteile: This software is a powerful tool for managing all of the rooms within our building allowing us to prioritize the needs of faculty and staff and giving access to reserve rooms for all who frequent our building.

Nachteile: Sometimes the interface can be a little clunky or glitchy when reserving a room. The interface feels a little dated but overall is an excellent product.

Ok, but not as good as previous

Bewertet am 18.9.2017
Paul T.
IT Systems Admin
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Managing Rooms for events

Vorteile: Very powerful software and it can serve your organization regardless of size (and can expand with you as you grow. They have moved into the online presence very well and we have used them as a company with close to 100 rooms with little complaint.

Nachteile: We've used EMS for years and i would brag that there software was my favorite to use as a systems admin. easy to deploy and do monthly updates. However, that has dropped off severely in the last year or two. While it is not bad, it does not rise to the quality that I have come to expect from them.

After years of use we left

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
CFO & Vice President of Business Affairs
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The system is very robust and our staff could do alot of things with the system. Multiple staff could have access at any given time.

Nachteile: It was not intuitive. When we had turnover we lost knowledge base. On-boarding staff with this software was not easy.

Two of the facilities I support use EMS for scheduling room for events.

Bewertet am 19.9.2017
Robert V.
Help Desk Manager

Kommentare: tracking of many events daily.

Vorteile: It will handle a lot of rooms, and provides details about what services and equipment is needed. The detailed lists can be edited and prompts the staff to ask for more information.

Nachteile: The interface is difficult to navigate, and reporting has a steep learning curve. We publish reports to support staff every morning because the interface is too difficult for them to navigate.

User-friendly compared to other systems but missing features

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Conference Services Manager
Hausmeisterservice

Vorteile: At this time, I am able to complete everything I need with EMS (specifically Web Client EMS). You can customize your reports and easily schedule events. You can also add as much or as little detail as you need.

Nachteile: Customer Service has not been easy to work with (at least for us as Web based clients) and usually can not fix our issues. We have to fix them ourselves.

Best Student Center Application period

Bewertet am 11.3.2015
David S.
Asst Director Facilities

Kommentare: We love it and have been using it since the year 2000.

von EMS Software an 11.3.2015

David,

Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We're thrilled to have you as one of our long term customers and look forward to continuing that relationship!

Thanks