Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud Property Management Erfahrungen

Über Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud Property Management

Biete Gästen überall und jederzeit mobile Verwaltungsdienste für dein Hotel.

Erfahre mehr über Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud Property Management

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Oracle Hospitality OPERA Cloud Property Management bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Business Development Manager in Kroatien
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great PMS - highly recomeded

I used Oracle PMS during a span of more than 10 years. At the very beginning of my career in hospitality I started off with one of the earliest versions of Opera, which at that time was already way ahead from its pears, at a time when not many software companies cared much about hospitality applications. It was simply way above anything else available and twice better than the close competitor. For a few years, having changed companies in between I've used several PMS system, however all were really bad and difficult to use. I remember Marriott still running their PMS, which was DOS based and worked by remembering all the codes, the mouse was an optional on the PC. Having returned to Europe and another chain, Opera - Oracle PMS was there. Simply, thanks God. Took me a day to get to learn the new functionalities and I was back into the game. The newcomers in my team were trained super fast as it is a very easy PMS to learn and implement. I remember the whole team going through training sessions in one of the hotels as were were changing PMS and everyone learned the system so quickly, even managed to train a guy covering a shift (coming from a different hotel without Opera) to use it in 2 hours and spend the whole evening shift alone, it went without problems. I just simply recomend Oracle PMS to everyone in the industry.

Can't fault it, top of the line. Highly recommended to everyone.

Nam V.
Front Desk Agent in Vietnam
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Internet loss and the cloud-based system will seriously cause trouble for front desk workers.

Kommentare: In general, this cloud-based system is world class famous among hotels communities with convenient features. However its too depended on Internet and IT staffs. Its difficult for other departments when having trouble with IT staffs not available. One of my favorite functions when using this system is that I can export reports to delimited data such as HTML, XML and excel file then I can process the data to be more neat and submit reports to managers before Night Manager runs end-of-day function to advance all transactions to the next days.

My role is a receptionist so the all cashier functions are very easy for me to record payments on the software and generate accurate reports such as currency exchange, swipe and record credit card number. The rooms assignment functions are very smart help me recognize instant available rooms for guest and check all room status. The interface is also user-friendly. There are also a button directing to a tutorial page for all departments of a hotel at after-login screen.

Cloud-based system is too depended on Internet and IT departments. Once Internet loss incidents happen the front desk workers such as me will have trouble with customers such as cannot finding a room for guests or issuing payment invoice if they are in a hurry . All of my tasks depend on Opera software system and must completed quickly to obtain guest satisfaction. I don't know if there is offline version anywhere but at my working place we do not have.

Lindsey F.
Revenue Manager in USA

Get's the job done!

Kommentare: I will say that my customer service experience has improved over time with Opera and there seems to be progress in the overall functioning of the company.

This software is functionally able to track many aspects of your guests stays and report on trends based on an array of criteria. It won't let you erase something that will effect reporting/future reservations so that is a very helpful safeguard.

Navigation can be a bit clunky from time to time and customer service is often difficult to get ahold of, or once you get ahold of them, they often have to escalate and then it takes days to rectify a situation.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience with Oracle and OPERA! --Samantha

Ravi S.
Front Office Supervisor in Indien

Highly Recommended By Personal Experience

Kommentare: Overall Opera is Master of all other software. Nothing can be compare with it. From my personal experience I have no doubt on it.

I am using Oracle PMS more than 4 years . Currently I am working as a Front Office Supervisor In a International Hotel Group. And i have never find any problem or difficulty on this. And also it make so easy and understandable for new joiner. Anyone can learn & understand easily. The interface is so user friendly. It always allow staff to create reports as per the requirement. As a Night Auditor I always had to create a lots of report for everyone and this software make these things so easy and also save times. This always help in payment process at check in & check out.

No major issues with the system. Only sometime it automatically change the new reservation room type but if you know it very well then its easy. Overall its a great software which we always like to work with.

Nguyen T.
Nguyen T.
Housekeeping in Vietnam

Oracle OPERA PMS Review: Great software for Hotels

Kommentare: I can create a new report. If I feel that the report is not good, I can come back to correct it at any time.
For example: I can create a report that extracts the client's email or telephone number.

Centralized information - Easily to use for staff - Lots of options to get all the guests information in one place - Good for reports and statistics

We can't use any browser, but only IE which is no longer supported. Will be great if we can use chrome of edge. Opera is an expensive software and if we can use it in mobile phones could be good.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

James P.
James P.
Director of Operations in USA

Absolutely the worst piece of software and the worst company to deal with!!!

Kommentare: None

Without proper customer support any possible benefits to using their software are negated. I literally like NOTHING about his software. It's a giant money pit.

For well over 2 years we've been using the Micros Opera Xpress hosted PMS (now Oracle Xpress). Initially the software wasn't great (we didn't find out until after we had been promised access from tablets and mobile devices that it was a Java program that won't run on anything except Windows Explorer) and the training was definitely sub-par, however, Micros at least had decent support and you didn't wait at least half an hour to talk to a support rep. Once Oracle took over it went from mediocre to absolute torture. The platform is slow, the customer service is abysmal (they always tell you they can't help you because it's hosted and the hosting team will need to look at it and they never get back to you) and features we initially paid for are no longer accessible because Oracle decided they weren't completely secure on their hosted platform and rather than fix the problem they just disabled functionality altogether. We have literally had support tickets open for months and some portion of the system goes offline at least once a month. On top of all this, they want to nickel and dime you for everything. They literally don't allow you to edit your own forms but they are happy to charge you to edit them, meanwhile you are paying a fortune for the platform and for nonexistent support. For 2017 my primary goal is to get both our hotels off the platform and we will never use another Oracle product again. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello, James - Thank you so much for your honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and to sales, and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Good & Welfare Officer in USA
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lots of functionality but user experience has room to improve

Kommentare: Overall, I am thankful a tool like this exists. The ability to serve guests wouldn't happen in a way where we meet all the needs without a platform that captures all the little details.

Oracle does a great job at capturing all of the data you could ever imagine for the hospitality industry. It is thorough, well thought-out, and admittedly does everything you could want it to!

The one complaint I have about Oracle is the overall user experience. Given the sheer amount of information you can input (which is a good thing) it doesn't always seem to be formatted in a logical manner. The data layout doesn't showcase simplicity but rather feels like all the information is thrown onto the page. With some better organization, I think the tool would be easier to use.

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello, and thank you for your review! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at this time. Feel free to reach out to samantha.james@oracle.com. Thanks!!!

Ernie B.
Financial controller in Irland
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

This is an off the shelf PMS system for hotels which is not really customer friendly and inflexible

Kommentare: Industry leader!

It is generally bullet proof with little down time, it has plenty of reports and as it is the leader in the field, most staff know it before you hire them so training time reduced

It is very much targeted at big chains rather than independents, some of the reporting is poor on that it is inflexible and bizarrely doesn't have totals. Support has gone very poor since the Oracle takeover, it's almost as if they don't know where to go with it

Aaron B.
Aaron B.
General Manager in Ecuador

Great PMS for Hotels and Resorts

Kommentare: Best PMS I have used in my hospitality career because of its functionality and resources.

It is cloud based so everything is constantly synced and your data is never lost. The features for hotels and it’s different areas are really well done.

It is an expensive software and small properties would probably not be able to afford it. Sometimes the integration with third party software can be challenging.

Hotel Application Engineer in Ungarn

Good functionalities and compatibility, very old design and technology

Kommentare: Initially is was a good option to integrate a wide range of external products with a lot of functionalities. That was a long time ago. Since then there are many better products with a higher rate of value for money.

Probably the widest range of functionalities of all. Very wide range of integrations, able to support many operational models. Very good centralization options

Not easy to learn. Very old technology with small greyish Oracle forms. Today it is 2018, but even in 2008 it was considered very old. Limited customization and mobility options provided to the customer. Constant compatibility issues on a workstation level. Customer Support is getting better these days, but Cloud Support is still terrible. In case Opera Cloud the customer has very little control. Opera Mobile is around 5-8 years behind competitor products.

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello - Thanks for your review. It sounds like it might be time to consider upgrading to our latest version of OPERA. Please reach out to us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com for help! Thanks!

Operation Manager in Saudi-Arabien

Well Done Opera

Kommentare: Overall very efficeient and professioanl syatem , that can be adapt to the new technology and improvement in the industry , the big bouns point is reports that can be created as per your requirments.

The system is very efficient and professioanl , the features cover all the hospitality requirments since the intial require by the customer reaching the post stay experience , reports in opera are customize and meet all operational and back office requirments . The software has felexability as well in meeting changes and improvments in the industry .

Opera System make the work go smoothly and efficiently and the integration process was smooth and valuable , with the syetem we are able to connect to the third party service provider like bookingengine and channel Manager , in the same time you can connect to exteranl software to provide customers with expetional experience.

vor 8 Monaten

Thanks for the kind feedback! --Oracle Marketing

Pablo V.
Head of Maintenance in Brasilien
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

OPERA el mejor software para hotelería.

Kommentare: En general OPERA nos ha sido de gran utilidad para las operaciones en el hotel tanto a nivel de In-house guests como a nivel operacional y hemos tratado de mantenernos a la vanguardia gracias a sus increíbles características que hacen de este software la mejor herramienta en el ambiente de la hotelería.

Lo que más me gusta de este software es la facilidad con la que puedo encontrar las ordenes de servicio estipuladas por cada habitación y la habilidad de separar el tipo de problema que presenta cada habitación para así darle la mejor solución en el menor tiempo posible. Algo que también me gusta muchísimo es que la interfaz del usuario es clara, concisa y precisa, maneja cada detalle sin mayor problema.

Algo que podrían mejorar del software es que sea más intuitivo, en sí OPERA no es para personas inexpertas, se necesita conocimiento previo o alguna noción básica de cómo se maneja antes de entrar de lleno con el software.

vor 9 Monaten

Thank you for the review!

Gustavo K.
Head of IT in Brasilien

Best PMS for Hospitality

Kommentare: For me , this the best PMS for Hospitality, no other PMS is like Opera PMS

Multiple features Cloud and On Premiase solutions Integrates with lots of third party developers

Support can be tricky and sometimes slow to solve the issues Complex system but if you know it very well, it is easy to use

Business Development Manager in Kroatien
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The easiest and most practical PMS system to use!!!

Kommentare: Easy to use, same as using windows.

Easy to learn from scratch and teach to newcomers. The tutorials are easy to follow and a great learning tool. There are several plug-ins available for S&M or Restaurant. Easy to make changes and correct any issue team members might have caused. Offers an integrated payment system allowing to use a swipe keyboard and speed up the payment process at check in/out. Highly recorded. I used several hospitality software during my career and none can match it.

No major issues with the system. We had an issue with downtimes extending and sometimes global issues with servers going down, leaving us without the access to the PMS for hours sometimes.

Sally N.
General Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Worst Software - They are thieves - Stay Away!!!

Kommentare: We had a premise based software, hosted on our 20 year old server here at our location. But even the 20 year old server worked better than the so called state of the art cloud based software. At least we had control over everything in house when it was premise based. But now we are at their mercy. Their customer service sucks, one of the worst. Took away so many functionalities that we could do here, so that they can charge us to do it themselves. But they don't have the manpower, the resources, the knowledge, the technique to do it themselves. Their servers are slow. What used to take a fraction of a second to process earlier, now takes several minutes, which makes you think, maybe you didn't click the right button. In frustration you click it several times. Most of the times, the screen just freezes on you, and will not even let you close out anything, unless you go to Task Manager. Lot of wasted time, low productivity.
If you have a client trying to make a reservation on hold, you have to apologize several times

Nothing. We had the premise based software and were very happy with it. The only thing was that we had a 20 year old server and required maintenance. We thought it was time to move to the latest technology, and decided on the cloud based version of the same software. Little did we know what we were letting ourselves into.

One of the worst business decisions we made. Even our 20 year old server worked better than the cloud based. I would not recommend this to anyone. STAY AWAY!!!

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Sally - Thanks so much for your honest review. We are so sorry to hear about these issues and we want to make sure that we are giving you the best service possible. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly, but if you need to speak with us sooner than that, please email us at samantha.james@oracle.com. Thanks so much for your patience!!! --Samantha

Robin P.
owner in USA

Customer Service Non-Existent!

Kommentare: We are an independent high end boutique property 73 rooms & suites. We must be gluttons for punishment because Opera V5 is the 3rd Micros PMS product we have used. It will certainly be the last. The first product was a disaster for the users and ultimately the company because it was discontinued after three years. We were then given a very good monetary incentive to switch to Opera V4 which was okay but didn't offer some features we would have liked and the customer service was bad. An upgrade was needed when Micros was purchased by Oracle. We chose this time to upgrade our online reservations and upon the advice of our sales rep we switched from the free MyFidelio to WebHotel which would have a monthly fee but was supposedly worth this, as it was customizable. This turned out to be very untrue. It was basically an out of the box with only a few customizable features, not to mention that the configuration was cumbersome and not guest friendly at all and was ugly, obviously designed by technicians with no input from graphic designers. We spent much money redesigning everything we could to make the look and feel match our property's look and make the guest experience more user friendly. I must say that the technician we worked with has been the most responsive and accommodating Micros employee we have dealt with over the past many years. Anyway, I am getting off track. Since upgrading to V5 more than one year ago, quite a few things we contracted and paid for have not functioned or been installed i.e., Chip Card processing integration, HTL forms, guest phone call integration to folios to name a few and yet, we receive hate mail from Oracle's accounting dept. monthly asking for more money for services never received. We write or phone our sales rep who assures me she is on it and sending our concerns to the powers up the ladder but we hear little to nothing back and nothing gets resolved. I finally did get to a V.P. of independent hotels who listened but still nothing happened. After so much money and time with few satisfactory results we have decided to cut our loses and find software that does all that Opera V5 respresents but actually provides features paid for with responsive pleasant customer service.

Potentially offers most features a hotel needs.

Customer Service Non-Existent Charging For Features That Are Not Provided Charging For Time For Installation That Has Not Occurred Billing Dept. Not In USA Company Too Large, Not Oriented For Smaller Properties

Salah uddin R.
Salah uddin R.
Asst. Manager- Sales in Bangladesch
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and great supportive for a Hotel

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I would like to say it very user friendly and easy to learn. I would like to suggest those who are wanted to switch the PMS, they can switch by Oracle Hospitality Property Management. Also I would say their support team are very much cooperative.

I started my career from front office department and this is my first PMS in my career. First I would like to introduce this PMS are very much user friendly and easy to learn. The most attractive features are folio management system and alerting system, For an example If I keep any massage for a particular guest or arrival guest, whenever I go to his or her room in the system, the message come out.

I like the most features of Oracle Hospitality Property Management . But I would like to suggest that need to implement the system in online base. Like my manager can check everything though the online access from the home.

Pierre M.
Director of Finance in Kanada
Gastgewerbe, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A good old system that seems bullet proof

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: A fundamental system for hospitality - Opera has proven to be a solid one. It is robust, can be configured on demand, and if you are not looking for a user experience too fancy, then it is a good choice.

Opera has tons of reports that can be easily exported to xml files. It requires a bit of energy to set up your own macros / pivot tables at the beginning, but you can truly build an excellent reporting out of it. Configuration overall is not so complex and consequently training new users is not a big deal.

It looks old fashioned - hopefully it will look better some day. It also is a bit of a slow system - some reports are quite long to run.

Gregory K.
Revenue Management Executive in Irland
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

All you need in day to day Hotel operations

Kommentare: Great for financial reporting, cooperate with 3rd party software

flexibility, modular software, all the options in one suite, separate sales dashboard, options divided by departments.

Long training required as the software has lots of different options. Support line is always available but not always staffed with staff that is trained enough to solve the problem. Price of the suite!

Juan A.
Bellperson in Kanada

Oracle hospitality

Kommentare: Easy to use and it allows you to find something in particular even if you don't know the exact name (for example, looking for a reservation you can do it by date, first name, last name, how long is the stay for, and so on)

The software is easy to understand and it has many different shortcuts that make you save a lot of time

When searching for a room in particular tends to stay loading for couple seconds, the same when trying to preview a rooming list. It takes sometimes around 3-5 minutes to log in every morning

Justin H.
Training Specialist in USA
Gastgewerbe, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product but not over the top

Kommentare: There are definitely pros and cons of using this software but overall it is a great product. I have used other Hotel PMS software and I prefer this one.

This software has everything that I need in a system.

As there are so many different functions, It is hard to learn quickly the short cuts to make your job easier.

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hey, Justin! Thanks for the review. Please let us know if you are interested in learning more about our training programs. They can be valuable if you want to learn tips and tricks for maneuvering through the product! We are happy to help!!!!

Austin G.
Assistant Manager in Costa Rica

Decent Product, Horrible Customer Support

Kommentare: The product itself serves its purpose. It is not the most intuitive PMS but it certainly has quite a bit of customizability. Unfortunately, the customer service experience in their Latin American Department is among the worst we have experienced. The sales representatives are rude, misleading, and will try to take advantage of you any chance they get. They rely on subcontracted service technicians to provide customer service, distancing themselves from any mistakes they make. If errors due arise, rest assured that the Oracle reps will be the first to know how much they will cost to fix.

There is quite a bit of flexibility to customize the software and its functionality.

The terrible customer service experience. The sales reps try to bill for every small exchange, even if it involves fixing a problem that their subcontracted service teams created.

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Austin - We are very sorry to hear about these issues. Someone from support will be reaching out to you right away - we want to mitigate these issues as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!!! If you have any questions or need a contact for inquiries, please reach out to samantha.james@oracle.com - we are happy to help.

Mario C.
Front Office Manager in USA

Great!

Kommentare: Definitely helps the day to day, being our primary system

From Hyatt to Holiday Inn, The team that helps me is great, and their programs are easy to use for my staff.

Updates are infrequent, and mostly run on out of date programs like internet explorer, which makes crashes frequent.

Rodney J.
Rodney J.
A/R Manager in USA

Steer Clear from Opera V9

Kommentare: My Overall Experience, as an everyday Oracle Opera Cloud user - I continue to feel that Oracle sold us an un-function-able and Unfinished product. Opera Support - Continues to fail on simple instruction such as returning a phone call and providing updates with service updates. It's make you feel as your Opera issues are being swept under the run and forgotten about.

None of it. - Even the training program they provide is different from 'Live'. V-9 is an unfinished and un-function-able product.

Been using Opera for over 15 years. No longer 'friendly' and too clicky.

Antwort von Oracle Hospitality

Hello, Rodney - thank you for your honest review - we appreciate your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about this issue and your negative experience with Oracle, and we will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

Back Office Agent in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great for hotels

Its an excellent tool for use, its friendly to the user, it helps process the reservations requested by customers and its easy to manage payments

Its great, the only problem is when it has issues due to external forces but overall its a great software