ACE Dental Erfahrungen

Über ACE Dental

Managementsoftware für Zahnarztpraxen mit eReminders, eRecall, eSurveys, eBackup und ePrescriptions.

Erfahre mehr über ACE Dental

The support staff had us up and running in no time at all. They answer calls in a timely fashion and are always polite, comforting and most of all knowledgeable, I can not thank them enough.

I don't know where to start, this was the worst experience I've had in 20 years in dentistry.

Bewertungen zu ACE Dental

ACE Dental hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 106 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ACE Dental bereits verwendet?

Steven
practice owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I have had seven trouble free years of using Ace Dental in my practice

Kommentare: Years of trouble free use.

The software is very reliable and represents one of the BEST VALUES that I could find. It is loaded with features and allows fairly easy customization; everything from appointments, different fee schedules, provider info, reports, confirming appointments can be changed by the user. It is scalable from a single user to multiple user terminals in a large networked office.

There is little to dislike, especially when one considers the entry price. Anytime new software is implemented, there is a big adjustment. Some software companies send a rep out to the office for training. Ace Dental relies on online videos. The disadvantage is that some staff learn best by demonstration. There is an advantage however with videos in that they can be played over and over again, as many times as needed. This is helpful if there is staff turnover.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Dr. Spindler- We very much appreciate your high remarks of our software! Thank you for being a long time supporter of ACE-Dental Software. As you mentioned, training office staff is very important. We believe any transition to new software should be as painless as possible. Our bundle comes with one on one training. It can be done with any new employee or existing staff that just needs some explanation of advance features. Call in anytime for some personal training!

Roger
Owner and Bio-informatics Researcher in USA

Our Experience with Ace Dental Software and Support

Kommentare: Ace has everything and the best support I've experienced in any business, ever! My wife and her staff have used Ace Dental Software at our dental office for just about half a year now. We are under the fully licensed $4,000 model. I am writing this review to give an honest and positive review of their software and support. I will begin by recalling and responding to a comment from a dentist that explained that the coders at Ace don't know their own software or offer good support it. Here is why this is false. When we began using Ace, we had a frustrating experience where the program wasn't functional for us. I have a PhD and work in coding in the field of bio-informatics. Prior to contacting Ace about the issue, I investigated every part of the program that any typical technician or computer programmer would suspect to be a problem. When, I contacted John I forewarned him that we were experiencing a problem that he wasn't going to be able to explain. Over several days and nights John and his coders repeated the same tests I did on my PC, and they arrived at the same conclusion; the issue stemmed from some aspect of graphics processing, but defied logic. John and his coders worked continuously in the evening and on weekends with tweaking features within Ace and on our computers to pinpoint the problem. After recruiting some equally perplexed engineer friends at NVidia to run Ace across many different GPU's we were able to pinpoint the problem to being tied to our office using an advanced GPU architecture that most consumers and businesses won't begin to adopt for another couple of years. After spending many hours inside and outside of their normal business hours, the Ace team didn't ask me to swap out $10,000 worth of graphics cards necessary for my work, for cheaper consumer models. Instead they spent many more hours over several weeks to re-write and re-compile a new program that would function in the architecture. I can GUARANTEE you that absolutely no software company would do that for a consumer. Over the 1.5-2 months it took all of us to identify the program and Ace to redevelop the program, it is likely that it came as a loss to Ace with respect to what we paid in our support and licensing fees. I am happy to write this review for Ace because of their willingness to offer a high quality and affordable product to dentists, and for their willingness to go above and beyond for their customers.

Ace is one of two reasonably priced software programs (other being Open Dental), and discloses its pricing. The key to Ace remains its support and kindness, whether a user has complex questions or simple ones. True Story - When we purchased our office from a retiring dentist I gave a receptionist (~50) a mouse to walk her through using Ace and dental software for the first time. She held the mouse with her laser facing toward her palm. After 4-5 months of using the software they are both able to enter patient information, payments and insurance, print statements, check out patients, and schedule them, but if I ask them to minimize or close out a screen they don't understand what I mean. How is it that they don't know the most basic of computer tasks, but can manage to use the software. Well there is an ongoing joke at the office, "Just call Jackie". Stopping by the office, I have caught our receptionists twice call Jackie when they thought there was a problem in Ace. The circumstances of these calls led me to realize they were calling her so much that she was basically their "elementary computer teacher." 1) I caught them calling Jackie when they accidentally minimized Ace and couldn't figure out where it went or how to get it back. 2) Dental Exchange (completely different program) froze and they tried to call Jackie for help. I can only imagine all of the calls she has had to hear from them, but she's always happy with them. They really are great receptionists though.

As much as I love Ace Dental, and would choose it over any dental software, I am admittedly critical of several areas. I have let John and Ace know it in several e-mails, phone calls, and surveys. They are constantly making upgrades to the program and bringing in new and exciting features, but it comes at the cost of ignoring a very few basic aspects that would truly make the program perfect. Ace opens in two major boxes. All of the core screen is an independent box that sits inside a second box that has the menu information. There is no point to this and its a distraction. The general graphics are severely outdated and color is basically 6 color RGB. While its the most feature rich program, it has the feeling of being an outdated program from the 90s. We'd like to have a computer set up (or iPad) where patients can directly fill out and update patient information, but the enter patient data screen is bland with a 1990s look. We try to maintain a modern look since a big focus in our practice includes integrating the most advanced dental materials and equipment that assists us in conducting dental research as well. While relatively rare we also get the occasional patient that asks us if our dental software was ever updated to have any modern patient info protection features. We joke about the look with a patient that brings it up, but always have in the back of our mind that some patients secretly have similar reservations of it, but don't bring it up for us to explain.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Dr. Brown, Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review of our company and our software. We will continue to work hard to give you the best software and the best service at the best price. As for patient data entry, we have recently released our Online Patient Forms. New patients can enter data using any browser, either from home or using a tablet in the office. We value your input and we will be seeking it so we can work to make our software, as you say, "perfect".

Elizabeth
dentist/owner in USA

ACE software: ok, I guess

Kommentare: My old (20 + years!) software was not being supported and I needed to replace it. ACE met our needs for an affordable product (we have a VERY small practice in a town of 600.) The new front desk administrator has become very adept at using the program and its cooperative insurance efiling program. Even I, the doctor, can eventually enter procedures, complete insurance info and file a claim for a patient. Still, it is very critical for the support line to be available! Thanks for your help.

the price

inability to customize reports

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate and welcome all comments. We do offer one on one training on-line. Since you ordered our most basic package, that may not have been included. In line with your comments, I would like to offer you an hour of training for free to help you learn some of those additional tricks lite the Report Writer. ACE has a report writer build into the software so you can customize reports on the fly. Furthermore, our support department is top notch, hold time are never longer than a couple of minutes, and someone is always available to answer calls. Once in a while the calls have to be prioritized in order to assist the most critical needs first.

Sumeet
CEO in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Ace Dental

Kommentare: Affordable and user-friendly, but compared to other practice management softwares, this is not my favorite.

User-friendly and has a clean-modern interface. The staff/team has had no issues picking up/learning the software.

Sometimes the software itself is slow in running. Updates on other computers are slow due to the lag. And in healthcare, real-time information is extremely critical.

Orin
Dentist in USA

ACE Dental Software - Best Choice for Practice Management and Clinical Charting

Kommentare: I have been an ACE Dental software user for five years, and it works great in my office. Before ACE, I used Perfectbyte for several years. ACE is far more complete, efficient, and user friendly. My staff has worked in other offices that have used Dentrix, EasyDental, and Eaglesoft; they all much prefer ACE. ACE technical support is outstanding. I have never lost data for any reason (that is most crucial!). When we call tech support with a problem or question, we almost always get connected to a familiar voice who can help us. On the rare occasion that they do not answer, we receive a call back within a short time. In five years, I have never not been able to use the software during patient treatment or checkout when we needed to do so. ACE Dental software bridges perfectly with the XDR radiology software that I use. Clinical charting and perio charting are intuitive and well thought out. And the ACE programmers are regularly improving the software with updates about every one or two months. I also subscribe at an ACE add-on that confirms patients with email, text messages, and phone calls. That saves the office staff much time, and cancellations and failures have been reduced to almost zero. Submitting insurance claims electronically is also easy with ACE! There is no instruction manual; instead ACE has produced a series of videos to instruct new users how to use the software. I am very satisfied with ACE Dental software, and I recommend it wholeheartedly to any dentist looking to purchase practice management and clinical charting software.

afshin
dentist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great support, easy to work with, many useful functions.

Kommentare: What I have learned is that there is no such thing as one software to satisfy everybody. But what makes a difference is that when there is a support team to walk you through it and be there when things break down and you are about to pull all your hairs out. I have been using ACE for over 10 years already and I am very pleased with the software. It is very simple to use and anytime I have a new staff, I would just have them watch the videos on line on how to do things, so it is like a personal trainer for me. Not many software let you do completely paperless, but somehow we were able to get rid of the papers and use PDF and pictures to attach everything in to the file. Few years ago when John was redoing the whole software, I was there with him telling him how to change things from a dentist point of view. Still today, I shoot him an Email requesting a change here or there, and if it is feasible, they get it done. As stressful as dentistry is, at least I know I could count on them to reduce the head ache of my day to day charting for me.

Ease of use. Being able to be completely paperless, attaching all the reports, pictures to the chart. Great support, constant updates to keep up with the latest changes in dentistry and laws.

on a selfish matter, I wished the hours of customer service could have been adjusted a little to help us more in the west coast.

Tammy
Office Manager/RDA in USA

ACE is GREAT!

Kommentare: My overall experience has been very good. They are consistently adding features and the cost is very affordable compared to other dental software programs.

I love the ease of this software program for our dental office. I am positive that any employee can easily learn the functions within a couple of days. The customer support is beyond awesome. They are only a phone call away and if you have to leave a message, your call is returned within a matter of minutes. If you forget how to do a particular step, there are tutorials readily available or again just a phone call away.

I would say the only part I like least is the periodontal charting feature. It could be more fine tuned for the needs of a hygienist.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your great review! We have recently added the ACENotes Feature to our Perio Charting. This feature allows you to easily create note templates with steps for completing Perio exams, Crowns and other multiple step procedures. Please call our technical support department to if you need assistance creating templates or have any questions.

Kathleen
Director of Operations in USA
Medizinische Praxis

ACE Software and support rock!

As a dental provider for over 20 years I have worked with all of the software out there. What I particularly love about ACE software is the tabs across the top. I don't have to go through 3 or 4 clicks (or more) to find what I'm after. I simply look across the top to find the tab I want and I'm right into the page I need. As a dental provider, time is of the essence. We don't have time to mess around with the hassles of scrolling to accomplish one quick item. This program prevents that problem nicely. When you work all day with patients and software, one less hassle is king. This is MUCH LESS hassle! Thank you ACE!

Not really anything. Once I had a problem with ACE working with my Windows 10. Face it, Windows 10 is a pain for all of us. ACE had a glitch with something in Windows. Their tech support was right on it. With the next update (just as in my personal MAC and iPhone) it was one and done. Problem solved. I have been with ACE since 2007 and this is the only issue with the software. Do I blame ACE? No, I blame Windows 10. I recommend ACE without reservation! Thanks ACE for keeping me a happy customer!

Veronica
Practice Administrator in USA

Customer support is always Helpful. Software is easy to use and easy to figure out

Its user friendly. The cloud feature makes it easier to manage remotely. Reports are clear to understand. E-reminders get to patients timely. No interruptions in service due to server issues.

Ereminders still remind patients about old appointment times when they reschedule. We've had instances where patients call or email upset because they've called to reschedule but they get a reminder that the appointment is still set for the original time

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Veronica- Thank you for all of the great feedback! Being on the cloud has huge advantages and we are glad you're enjoying it! In addressing your con- if patient appointments are rescheduled at the end of a day it is important to go to the eReminder menu and click "send appointments to ace." This will ensure all appointments are up to date that may have been changed at the last minute. If you need any help with this, please give us a call, we are happy to walk you through it! -Your ACE-Dental Team

Periodontist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I have been very happy with this software!

Kommentare: Ease of use at w fair price! The support is very helpful and have taken care of our problems quickly. This program can do everything you need to run an office efficiently.,

This is a great program for the price. Ace program is windows based and there is no need for a trainer to come out to your office. All backups can be sent to ace cloud!

Problems with computers when there is a windows update. We had some problem with cloud backups . Need separate backup for X-rays.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your great review! Windows updates can change sharing on computers. Please call our technical support when this happens and we will get it fixed very quickly. For Images, if you are using an Apteryx or a relabeled Apteryx product for imaging, you should contact them to get XVWeb. If not, talk to them about a conversions of your images. We expect the other image software companies to announce a web based product in the near future.

Lydia
Administrator/Manager in USA
, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

with the excellent help from your technical team I found your soft ware is easy to navigate.

Your software is easy to use, the Insurance windows are very user friendly. I also like your technical people,they helped a lot when I first started here

The type, (fonts), even the largest one are still too small to read easily. I find the software to have glitches, where you have to go in and out of the schedule to get it to print out correctly and the new feature where you put appointments on hold it will say chair conflict when there is not one, so you have to go out of the appointment area and come back in to get it to place the appointment. Ends up taking more time to do these tasks then it should.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Lydia- Thank you for the positive feedback! We would like to have a trainer help you out with the items in the software you have mentioned. Let's see if there are some adjustments we can make to your computer monitor to be sure the settings give you the larger font you would like to see. I have already asked my support department to reach out to you, in fact, you should have already heard from them. Since this is an unknown issue and never mentioned by you to date, we will look to resolve this immediately. We would like to be sure our software is always running optimally. Thank you again for your positive feedback and being a long time customer of ACE-Dental.

Loretta
Front Desk in USA

Overall a very pleasant experience. And the Support Team is so friendly and helpful!

Being able to give our patients an itemized receipt. Relatively easy to generate dental insurance forms. When there is a change in "family dynamics", easy to move a patient to their own account. The "How do I ...?" are rather helpful.

Sometimes a little more flexibility is needed when generating dental insurance claim forms. Also a very minor problem is importing patient photos. Just can't seem to do it.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Loretta- Thank you for your great feedback! Our support is definitely second to none! We appreciate your positive words and we will continue to strive to keep our software easy to use! In regards to your comment about importing photos, it is a simple drag and drop or acquire from a webcam. I will ask our training department to give you a call and walk you through the process. Thank you again for being an ACE user! Kind regards- Your ACE-Dental Software Team!

Kathleen
Executive Director in
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of the customer rep is awesome! She took care of my computer needs today and she was so quick, knowledgeable and friendly all the way!

Kommentare: If you are on the fence about a dental software company, please consider ACE. I have no other reason to endorse this other than that I use it and I love it! Thank you ACE for such a comprehensive dental software package as your wonderful sales and support team and really working hard to have a great product! Well done!

I love that we can navigate through the program through the tabs at the top! I don't have to sift through a maze of 20 tabs to get to what I need. They offer every imaginable treat you could need or use and it all works seamlessly! I've used ACE since 2007 and am still thrilled to work with such an awesome team! And yes, I've use other programs as well so this isn't my first rodeo! Have worked in dental since 1995 myself.

Periodontist in USA

Ace Dental Software Great Value and Easy to Use

Kommentare: I have worked with Eagle soft and Dentrix software programs and I find that Ace dental meets or exceeds these companies products. You do not need trainers to come out to your office, for which most companies charge. Ace is windows based and easy to pick up with a computer tutorial. New employees can train off the computer. X-rays programs integrate easily. I am very happy with the software. I have been using Ace since 2007.

Easy to use and training is easy

Not everything eagle and dentrix do is in this software, buy Ace does help add these items if asked.

Tammy
Office Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The ease of this program is exceptional

Ease of program and great customer support. Always timely and very helpful. Anyone in the office could learn this program and the tutorials are very helpful as well

Would like to see a tooth chart printed out on patient estimate sheet. With that the patient could go home and be able to tell what teeth were discussed and where in the mouth they are

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you so much for the positive review! We try our best to keep the software as easy as possible, while keeping advance features for managing the day to day of a dental practice. Also, you can already see the tooth chart on the tx plan estimate, please give us a call and we would be happy to show you how. Please call the support department at your convenience and we will get your treatment estimate set up the way you prefer..

Nancy
Office Manaager in USA

Product is very user friendly . If you do have a problem it is fixed in a matter of minutes.

How user friendly it is. Anyone coming into the office (temp.) picks up how to use software fast. Customer Service ROCKS!!!!! Have very few problems with this program.

Nothing - We have had very few problems with this program in all the years we have been using it. When we have had to use temp. employees they have found the software very easy to use compared to others.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback, Nancy! We are glad to hear the proof, that anyone can pick up on how to use the software. It really is EASY-TO-USE! You can't beat the build in tutorials either. If someone now comes in, they can watch the videos and be ready to go very quickly. Thank you again for the feedback and being a long time customer of ACE-Dental!

Brooke
office manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very pleased with both the program and the support!

Kommentare: Accounting and insurance billing is a breeze with Ace!

The program is very user-friendly! It did not take long to get the hang of it. With the help of the support team any problem I had was resolved with a simple phone call, (by "problem" I mean something I did not understand):)

No complaints! I have not found any issues with this program. Everything task is very simple to complete.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for the feedback Brooke! We really try to keep the software as easy to use as possible. There are so many moving parts in a dental practice, we should not have to worry about software difficulty. It shouldn't be difficult to manage a dental practice. Software needs to be easy and uncomplicated! We appreciate you being an ACE user!

C.
Office manager in USA

This software is extremely easy to use but support is readily available if necessary.

Our patients love the eReminders . Since signing up for the eReminder option, we have very few, if any, No Show appointments now.

There is not much that I would change regarding this software package. I would like to be able to create a statement for a patient's balance when there are still outstanding insurance claims.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Dr. Faillace, We do appreciate your feedback and positive review. We already have the feature you are requesting in the software. You can navigate to Statement Set up, under reports and check the box for "Delay Statements with Pending Insurance Claims." Please feel free to call us if you need assistance in setting this up. Again, thank you for being an ACE customer, we appreciate your feedback.

Kim
Front Office Administrator in USA
, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I learned to navigate Ace in a day! Easy, efficient program!!!

Kommentare: Having a software that I can depend on just makes my life easier and my day happier.

Ease of use - Also, if I have any problems, the support staff is wonderful! They are always happy to help even though I am woefully ignorant of computer terminology and they basically have to walk me through everything like I am 4 years old!!

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you, Kim. The ACE-Dental team strives to keep the software up to date! Our programmers are top notch and keep a progressive mind set with the software, while keeping ease of use a top priority. Our support team is the best! I have never worked with a more professional, patient and knowledgeable support team!

Amalou
Dentist in USA

So happy that we researched before we committed to getting ACE for our office. Best decision made!

It has everything we need to run our dental office; scheduling, charting, bridging our digital x-rays, employees time clock, claims, etc. They have great customer support, user friendly, and very affordable.

The dental images are not on clouds, so if I'm not in the office, I can't check my patients radiographs.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your great review! If you are using an Apteryx or a relabeled Apteryx product for imaging, you should contact them to get XVWeb. If not, talk to them about a conversions of your images. We expect the other image software companies to announce a web based product in the near future.

Susan
Office Manager/co-owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Ace Dental Software is just about the best business investment we have ever made!

Kommentare: Number One is the customer service, especially Jackie, who is truly a gem! She is so helpful, never makes me feel like I am taking too much of her time and her warm personality shines through the telephone line! I have worked with 2 other major dental software companies in other doctors' offices, and Ace does everything that they did, only at a MUCH LOWER price. I highly recommend them. Our dental practice is family owned and family operated. My husband (Dr. Robert Hammond) is the dentist and I am in charge of the front desk and insurance, etc. We are very happy that we found Ace Dental Software when we opened our new office.

Very user friendly, logic to all tasks.

Can't think of anything....

Belinda
Office manager in USA

been using ace for about 15 years, love how easy it is to use and the tech support is awesome. thank

Kommentare: I have used other programs in the past. By far this is my favorite . Thank you Mr. Hastings and all the staff at Ace you make my life easy

easy to use and train new employees, love the reports menu with the ability to create a custom report I can most always get anything I need for both the doctor and the accountant

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Belinda- Thank you for your great feedback on ACE-Dental Software. We appreciate you being a long time customer of ours! Our support department is second to none, and the built in training videos make it incredibly easy to train new employees! Thank you again, Your ACE-Dental Team

Cynthia
RDH/owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Quality Program and OUTSTANDING SUPPORT and SERVICE!

Kommentare: I have been using ACE Dental Software for over a decade for my portable school based dental program. It has been a wonderful asset in helping to reach the patient base in the rural schools. We are able to keep track of our various locations and produce valuable statistics and trends in our patient care. ACE has been an exceptional asset for our business.
Many thanks for the outstanding service and support we have always received! The staff goes above and beyond taking care of our individual needs and concerns.
I definitely recommend ACE and their superb product.

Ease of use. Pertinent data and accessibility is always being updated.

Bea
Vice President in USA

Easy to use

Kommentare: I would definitely please this up against Eagle soft, Open dental, Soft dent. The software has kept up with the times . I have Ace, 15 years and still have not opened the manual to read it...it's just that easy and the support team is awesome

It to use.

Charting ..The teeth cannot be rotated.

Antwort von ACE Dental Software

Thank you for your feedback Bea! There is already a feature in the charting screen that allows you to shift and rotate the tooth in any direction. This existing feature allows you to match up the tooth's position relative to the actual anatomy. Please give us a call, we will be happy to show you where it is and how to utilize it.

Sherman
Dentist in
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great experience. Rarely have problems. If so, support is readily available and solves the problem immediately. They are constantly updating the software also.

Kommentare: The recall system is amazing. I have been in practice for 35 years. I use to send out Recall Reminder Cards with poor results. With ACE reminder system, my front desk sometimes has to call ACE to stop sending reminders as we have no vacancies available in our appointment book. There appointment book reminders has virtually eliminated No Shows.

Ease of use yet more features than I would ever use are available. The IT support is great. They listen to suggestions.

Maybe they can update the appearance of the program a little.