We're an annual community event that happens once-a-year, this is our first time using SimpleTix.

Bewertet am 8.1.2018
Buster A.
Producer sdleatherpride.org

Kommentare: Organizing attendees for a five-day festival and contest, so we want to track who is interested in attending and be able to promote with discount codes and other perks. Also able to issue manual tickets, have them emailed, or sent as text to phone. Also lots of ways to set up your site with a theme, though I decided the standard look was the best for me. Honestly, I like having the ability to customize and this site allows so much customization. Also, they don't hold back all the features for the premium membership, they're generous with the features you get compared to other, more expensive sites even if you stick to the basic level. I would totally use the premium features, but we aren't at that budget level yet. However, under a less amount for each ticket is a great deal.

Vorteile: Everything I could imagine needing from this software is included in the basic features. The cost-per-ticket is less (less if you pre-print) AND SimpleTix helps us figure out the Square pass-through fees and include them in the service fee cost. Had no issues setting up Square. I like that anyone can use their phone to scan with the app. To be fair, at the time of this review I have used the website to setup a pretty decent ticket portal, but we haven't tested it at the door yet. We are excited that we can change the email form letters that people get when they order. I think getting actual labeled tickets makes the guests feel more confident as well.

Nachteile: I don't think it's a con, but in order to maximize the program/website, you may have to ask a few questions. There was no issue for me on that part, I received a more-than-thorough response any time I needed it. (I accessed help by phone and email, both were outstanding and easy.)

von SimpleTix an 8.1.2018

Thanks for your review Adam!

SimpleTix is simply a great ticketing and events platform

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Adam W.

Kommentare: Overall our experience with SimpleTix was tremendous! I cannot say enough good things about the communication, care, responsiveness, and helpfulness that our reps offered. All correspondence and requests were met in a very timely manner, the support for customization and edits was absolutely fantastic! Completely wonderful customer service!! 5 stars!

Vorteile: There were several aspects of the SimpleTix platform that were extremely beneficial. We vetted many options for ticketing platforms for our event, and SimpleTix was a clear front-runner from our first discussion. The pricing was very reasonable and competitive, and the functionality of the platform met our essential needs for the customization that was required for the specific event, which called for a custom floor plan and reservation system.

Nachteile: There were some seemingly very basic features that we were told couldn't be done. Needs and requests such as changing the color of a reserved seat to the color red or black upon reservation, or the specific numbering of seats in a certain configuration were not met, as we were told things like this couldn't be done. From the outside, functionality requests such as these seem very simplistic, so it was a shame these smaller things couldn't be accomplished.

The Solution We Needed

Bewertet am 25.11.2011
Roger P.
General Manager

Kommentare: We like working with SimpleTix because they are a young, growing company and we feel we can grow with them. The service is 5 star and if a problem does crop up, they are quick to remedy the situation. The site has so many features that we have not utilized all of them yet. It's by far the best bang for the buck on the market today, hands down.

Vorteile: We started looking for an event ticketing solution and we reviewed many differerent providers. We chose SimpleTix based on the fact that it offered not only a ticketing solution, but also a shopping cart solution. The learning curve for SimpleTix is not too steep, the company offers dozens of self-help video tutorials that helped alot in the beginning. Since I am not a web developer, it probably took me longer to get the site up an running than would be a professional developer, but I am very happy that I took the time to learn the application. Now I can add and modify events with a few clicks, add new images, promotional banners, promo codes, products, and other pages to the site without going through a web developer. Now for the fun part, the ticketing side works great and everyday we get a bcc email from customers who have bought event tickets online. The system works and it's very cost effective for all the components your get. We are very happy we chose SimpleTix.

Nachteile: For what we use SimpleTix for, I really can't think of any con's.

3rd year of using SimpleTix for a fund-raising event and wouldn't think of going elsewhere.

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Sally E.
CFO

Vorteile: Software is easy to use and any questions/issues have been answered quickly/efficiently by the support staff. 1st year set-up required quite a bit of help to tailor our needs and help us understand how to make the most of the product. The support staff was great with this process. The 2nd and now 3rd year have been seamless.
We were able to add a feature this year to allow contributors to make donations in addition to purchasing tickets for the fund-raising event, which should greatly increase our total contributions.

Nachteile: 1st year took a little getting used to, but could be my lack of technical skills. Once things were explained by the support staff, found the software easy to use and navigate between the administrator/set-up functions and our website.

von SimpleTix an 30.5.2018

Thanks Sally!

Wonderful service - and it just works

Bewertet am 28.4.2019
Peter B.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Used a bunch of other ticketing systems for my events. Simpletix is affordable, has all the features I need, and it *just* *works*. Really nice change from many of the others I've tried. Also, customer service is amazing - they really go the extra mile - being super responsive and supportive. I upgraded to a plan I didn't need by mistake and within 20 minutes of contacting support, the CEO reached out personally to help out and quickly resolved the issue. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Nachteile: Nothing. Had a really good experience using it. Perhaps not the "prettiest" UI on the admin side, but looks good for ticket buyers and works flawlessly on both sides.

von SimpleTix an 30.4.2019

Thanks for your review Peter!

Great ticketing software with reserved seating features

Bewertet am 7.7.2017
Pratibha K.
Ticketing Coordinator
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The overdue review - Simpletix was able to solve my organization's need of providing reserved seating. With some learning, I was able to create a seating chart, assign differing prices to seats (even within different rows and seating blocks), and integrate the software to payment gateways seamlessly. The customer support I received was excellent, and really helped me (not knowing any css programming) customize the software per my requirement. The turnaround time for my queries was quite fast, with support available on weekends. Despite a couple of concerns as I have mentioned in the "Cons" section, I will definitely use Simpletix again for all of my ticketing needs in the future and recommend it to others.

Nachteile: One major concern I faced was that I had to redo the entire seating chart (with the complicated layout and the differing prices) 1 day before our launch due to some software issue. I did receive support for this, but I would have liked to avoid the last minute scramble. Also, updates to the code in the background caused a few minor changes, but I did get good customer support in addressing them.
Finally, I found that the help and user guides were somewhat confusing in the way they have been organized, and can be arranged in a more intuitive fashion.

von SimpleTix an 8.7.2017

Thanks for the feedback Pratibha. Since your event we have made many improvements to the chart builder. When it comes time to your next event you will like the new updates!

Safe Harbor Recovery Center Fundraising Event

Bewertet am 21.9.2016
Sally E.
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed a source to sell tickets for a fundraising event - had no prior experience with this and no idea how to proceed. SimpleTix was recommended to us, so got in touch with them and they walked us through the entire process from set-up to final close-out. We needed their help many times through the process - customer service was excellent and all of our needs/issues were taken care of in a timely manner. They also helped us with integration from the ticket sales to a merchant account so funds could go directly to our bank account. Very affordable - would highly recommend to anyone in need of ticket sales, donations, other sources of public funding.

Vorteile: After figuring out the set-up and working through several adjustments, found the software could do anything we needed done, including notifying participants, downloading customer lists, adding additional ticket pricing to accommodate donations, etc.

Nachteile: Took a little hunting to find exactly what was needed in a few instances, but watching the tutorials provided probably would have answered these questions and customer service was able to point us in the right direction and solve our issues.

von SimpleTix an 21.9.2016

Thanks for the kind words Sally!

Fabulous Ticketing Software

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Gwyn N.
Chef/Owner
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: SimpleTix handles every aspect of ticketing for our classes - from initial sales and roster creation to allergy alerts and easy communication with our guests. And much of it is automated - leaving time for us to focus on other things.

Nachteile: The only thing that would make our experience any better would be how our guests redeem gift cards. That we still need to do manually.

von SimpleTix an 30.1.2019

Thanks for your review Gwyn. All your cooking classes look really amazing. Thanks for being a SimpleTix customer the past 2 years.

I had missed a step in setting up payment. Received fast response to complete the process.

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Tim J.
Executive Director

Vorteile: As a small non-profit with only one major annual fundraiser, SimpleTix provides great pre/post reporting, it's easy to navigate, most importantly-easy for my guests to purchase tickets. I've only needed customer support one time. I reached out at end of business day and would have been pleased to have received a response the next morning. I leave the office, go to dinner, check my emails and had received a response by email with the solution less than an hour after submitting a ticket. I was able to correct the issue with my phone using the link provided and we were ready to sell tickets! Additionally, when I got to the office the next morning I had received a phone call from Aron on how to address the issue. Impressive!

von SimpleTix an 6.12.2017

Thanks for your review Tim!

Professional-looking reservation site with outstanding customer support

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Nancy S.
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This software allows us to easily get people registered for our workshops through an affordable, professional-looking site.

Vorteile: As a small business owner, it was important to me to provide a reservation system that was businesslike and professional. I was able to get all of the features I needed at an affordable rate. SimpleTix was super-great about follow-up and support. I signed up for their personalized web support when I started, which I would recommend for anyone like me who isn't particularly tech-savvy. Aron was great about helping me answer subsequent questions that were specific to my site and not in FAQs. He even created a video tutorial in about 15 minutes based on one of my questions. So, good continuous improvement, too!

Nachteile: The only reason I didn't give five stars is that I actually did have to ask for help a couple of times. I found the payment gateway portion to be the biggest challenge -- not because of SimpleTix, but more on the payment processor side (choosing a provider that would fit my needs, getting the account up and running and getting the proper info to interface with SimpleTix).

von SimpleTix an 5.12.2017

Thanks for the review Nancy!

Used this to sell tickets online. Could it be easier? No!

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Corinne B.
Co-Chair
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick and simple ticket sales.

Vorteile: This was amazingly intuitive software that allowed me to customize how we sold tickets, what they looked like and how to keep track of sales. This was for a non-profit event and the price was incredibly reasonable. I was able to integrate other software, like Quicken and Square, in a snap! I really recommend this program and can't say enough about how responsive the developer was to helping when I needed to be pointed in the right direction.

Nachteile: The only thing I would have liked but could not do was delete purchases. I made several as I learned how to use the software and couldn't delete them from the event. But over all, it was not a big deal.

Does not work for events that have multiple event times and locations

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Karla B.
Executive Director
Museen & Institutionen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was skeptical about it working for our festival, but the support team assured me it would and even set it up for us after I gave them all the necessary information. But when registrations started coming in and I couldn't get reports that I needed and event tickets listed one location and time for all events. Then team told me I had to set it up differently, so I spent 3 hrs doing it. During test runs after finishing I realized people could not purchase admission and a banquet ticket and a bus trip ticket without checking out 3 times...once for each ticket. This seems so basic, yet is not possible. I wouldn't have been upset if they had told me at the start it wouldn't meet my needs, but I was told it would by 2 people. Then when it was apparent it wouldn't work it took over 2 business days for them to let me know. Currently, I have some registrations in Simpletix that I will have to manually put into a new registration system once I figure out what that will be, and we have customers upset they can't register. Do not use this system for festivals or other events that have separate events within them with different dated or times.

Vorteile: Many options
You can add your own graphics
Option to scan pre-purchased tickets at the door

Nachteile: -It couldn't work for our festival, as we have multiple events at different times, like 3 bus trips and a banquet.
-2 different support staff told me it would work, and in the end, it did not

von SimpleTix an 22.1.2019

We worked with this client, gathered the ticket price details, and put together the event page very early on. Then after going live we learned that each of the ticket prices were for totally different events at different locations and different times. If we knew this up front we should have suggested going another route. While it's still quite simple, we just needed to know that in the beginning. SimpleTix is a great solution for festivals and conferences.

Easily Customizable Ticketing Platform with Top-Notch Customer Support

Bewertet am 19.9.2013
Jason M.
Website Content Manager

Kommentare: Last year, our company was in search of a new ticketing service for the year-round activities that we have here on property. We ran across SimpleTix and within no time we had out ticketing site up and running. They even transferred our current website theme over to the platform to make it seamless from our main site. A few months after use, we had some ideas of new features we'd like to have for our property and SimpleTix helped to make them a reality. They even worked to build some of these new features into their upcoming new release. We really feel like more than a customer. We feel like a partner. We are excited to see what SimpleTix does next with their new release. As a web designer, I really appreciate their platform and how easily I can customize pages with our own css. We currently use iPhones at our ticket gates and are excited about the release of their barcode scanner app for iOS. SimpleTix continues to grow and we can't wait to see what they do next!

Great software for free events

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Whit G.
IT Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I found out about SimpleTix through a DonorPerfect conference. This is a great service for us because our events are free to attend. SimpleTix offers their service for free to people who are offering free events so this has been a wonderful help to us.

Vorteile: A lot of features are included in the free version. Automatically emailing tickets to our attendees makes our event feel more professional. It also integrates with our DonorPerfect system which is helpful.

Nachteile: We run events in three different countries, and we couldn't really manage all of our events from one account. I ended up having to setup a separate account for each country. That's not the end of the world, but it does make it more confusing for the users in our office.

von SimpleTix an 19.9.2016

Thanks for your kind words Whit. We plan to add more features for Donor Perfect customers in the coming weeks.

Perfect answer for our small event!

Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Deborah B.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Don't know yet. Hoping being online will increase our attendance.

Vorteile: SimpleTix allows us, as a small one time a year event, to have online registration we can afford! We were able to customize our forms to look great and interface with Square for credit card sales. The software lets you make all the decisions and the support staff has been amazing when I got stuck. They respond super fast and are full of great ideas!

Nachteile: The learning curve for settings took longer than I expected. There are a few areas that seem to overlap and that required some duplication of work. There were things I just didn't realize from a surface look that were easy once support staff pointed me in the right direction. Perhaps an FAQ or settings overview document would help.

von SimpleTix an 15.11.2017

Thanks for your feedback Deborah.

Customer Service Response is usually fast, but this company has oversold its capability. The server is consistently slow, and lots of bugs in the system.

Bewertet am 10.2.2018
Jerry S.
President & Artistic Director
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would not recommend this system; we will be abandoning it at the end of this season, even though we love the price.

Vorteile: The cost is very reasonable. The customer service person is usually fast to respond. However, when we point out to him that his server is slow, and the system is slow, he seems to gloss over that problem.

Nachteile: We have many, many complaints about the speed of the site, customers getting locked out, seats that were abandoned in the shopping carts being held as "unavailable" to future patrons (which means lost revenue). The back-end interface is confusing, and could use a real examination and streamlining. You can't always get to what you need, and I never feel like I know the exact steps to find something.

Total time waster.

Bewertet am 2.11.2017
Beth M.
ED
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: saved a little bit of money on the onset

Vorteile: I initially thought that it would be worth it to save money for my non-profit. It's slightlyl less intuitive than it's counterparts, but seemed a fair trade off at the time.

Nachteile: The UI is so buggy and slow, that it's really not worth it. It also is not as inexpensie as it purports, because connecting to Square actually adds the same cost per ticket as Eventbrite would have.... grrrrr. As I write this, I'm watching the wheel on my open tab for SimpleTix go round and round.... it's been doing this for 20 minutes with NO progress.... going back to Eventbrite. My time and sanity are in the balance.

von SimpleTix an 15.11.2017

Beth thanks for your feedback!
Last week we looked into the issues you had and have rectified them.

ABOUT THE FEES....

Eventbrite charges 2.5% + $1.99 per ticket sold, plus the credit card fee. SimpleTix charges just $0.99 per ticket (you'll pay your own credit card processing fees).

While the Eventbrite interface may be easier to use at a first, you will see it's extremely limited n features and over-priced.

NON-PROFIT INTEGRATIONS

Non-profits love SimpleTix. We're the only ticketing app compatible with both: Donor Perfect and BlackBaud. Today over 2,000 Non-profits trust SimpleTix for their events.

Amazing Customer Service

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Heather P.
Owner/Artist/Instructor
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: When planning classes/events out of town, it's nice to know that the head count is set so I can order product and have it drop shipped based on the online registrations I've received with SimpleTix.

Vorteile: This software is extremely easy to use with the ability to customize many of the features. If you get into a bind, their customer service and response time is out of this world! That means a lot to me as a client.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything that I don't like. I have a small business with some needs that may not be something that there is a function for, but something tells me that these guys will help me figure out how to make what I need happen.

von SimpleTix an 29.5.2018

Thanks Heather!

Love SimpleTix!

Bewertet am 4.12.2015
Nate W.

Kommentare: This system has made planning and organizing our events so much easier, as well as making event registration way more convenient. The amount of time and energy I have to put into organizing events is significantly less because SimpleTix takes care of all the analytics and participant information automatically and keeps me updated anytime there is a sale. I haven't had many issues using it and most of the time it's easy enough to figure out quickly and without technical support; when I have needed technical support, though, it's pretty much immediate and accurate! Highly recommend it!

von SimpleTix an 4.12.2015

Thanks so much Nate!

If you are school theatre group needing to sell reserved tickets, then SimpleTix is your answer!

Bewertet am 7.1.2018
Becky S.
Booster Rep

Vorteile: Setting up your information is super easy! Love the interactive seating charts! Simpletix works with my SquareUp account so I get my $$ quickly. Low fee. Great support - left a message and they responded quickly - in person!

Nachteile: We might be one of the first customers to use Simpletix with SquareUp account. Not sure. There was a small problem with loading my seating chart - but support got back with me pronto and I was ready to sell tickets in no time.

von SimpleTix an 5.7.2018

Thanks for your review Becky. You are correct, you were one of our first Square customers. Today, SimpleTix has become the official Square ticketing partner with over 900 Square customers using SimpleTix for their events.

Great in a school based setting.

Bewertet am 21.3.2016
Kevin H.
Arts Dept. Head

Kommentare: I spent a lot of time looking into various ticket vendors, and finally settled on SimpleTix. I'm very pleased we chose this route! There is a learning curve to the setup, but help was only an email away with a very fast response time. We're now up and selling tickets, and the feedback from our buying public has been VERY positive. As well, the real-time analytics provided are extremely helpful for managing inventory and having an accurate view of how sales are progressing. Personally, I can't imagine going back to selling tickets "the old-fashioned way!"

von SimpleTix an 22.3.2016

Thanks for the review Kevin!

Quick and Easy to Use AND Outstanding Service Support

Bewertet am 25.6.2015
Wendy B.
Marketing

Kommentare: Since I tend to be technology challenged I was a little leery about using an online ticket selling provider for our events. Worked with the great people at Simpletix and they not only got me through our event, we have subsequently used them for five more events. When you are a small operation, having Simpletix in your corner is wonderful. In addition to being easy, if you do have questions, you will get an immediate response from an intelligent and customer service oriented individual. I look forward to partnering with Simpletix on future events.

von SimpleTix an 25.6.2015

Thanks your review Wendy!

No need to shop around!

Bewertet am 29.2.2016
Larry L.
Board Vice President

Kommentare: We have used other ticketing platforms for our events and have struggled to find one that would allow us to offer customization for our ticket holders with out destroying our bottom line. SimpleTix was the answer and the fee system is very fare, one of the best we could find. SimpleTix is very flexible and the support staff are very dialed into our success. They even gave us pointers on setting up a payment portal that would help our non-profit save even more money. Thank you Aron and SimpleTix!! We will recommend you guys for sure.

von SimpleTix an 1.3.2016

Thanks for the review Larry!

Great Asset and Assistant!

Bewertet am 13.11.2015
Tim A.

Kommentare: This system has saved me hours of my time and put a few dollars back in my pocket. I get quick updates on ticket sales, attendance rates, and can send updates out quickly; managing entrance at my events has become simple now that i am using SimpleTix with the ability to have a printed out sheet with payers or with their ability to show me the ticket via smart phone.
I have called a few times with questions on set up and features and received immediate and accurate customer service!
Love SimpleTix

von SimpleTix an 13.11.2015

Great to help out West Point Society of DC with their events!

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 2.9.2016
Robin K.
Volunteer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using this for High School athletic events. This is totally new to me and I am not a professional, just a volunteer at our local High School. We needed a way to sell season tickets to our members in advance and make sure each ticket is only used once per event. Aron was quick to set up a system for me and he has been quick to respond when I needed help. My customers were extremely happy with the speed of scanning tickets. I would highly recommend this even to small non profits.

Vorteile: Easy ordering and easy scanning.

Nachteile: Printing... I need to print QR codes on address labels. I have not figured that out yet but I think it can be done with mail merge in Excel.