A process that seems to keep improving with new functionality as we ourselves develop.

Meg T.
Events Coordinator
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It really helps me to keep all of my registrants organized for different events. As well as my volunteer lists for events.

Vorteile: I like that it keeps developing and growing with the customers and their needs. I love that they are open to feed back and take it seriously and work to make things better each year for the customers so the customers can make everyone happier such as the administrators, users, and registrants.

Nachteile: I wish we could upload photos more and add to any text areas instead of linking them. Also, wish we could create a seating or vendor layout that would be visual for the registrants where they could click on it to select a seat or a booth space they want to purchase. Additionally, created the option to have a 2 step process of registration involved where registrants can be approved first and then they can pay fee. We make this happen ourselves by manipulating the database for us and utilizing the code feature to unlock payments. But, it would be neat if when they applied or registered then administrators would run a report and then check a box beside all the registrants to approve and then it sends an approval email to them. This would make it simple instead of going into each of the 300 profiles and marking a custom field in their schedule. so many steps to approve someone. Each one takes like several screens. If there were any easier way to do this that would be amazing.

von TRS an 21.12.2017

Meg - Thanks for the feedback! Please review your needs for the 2 step application and approval process with Virginie as we are making several changes over the next few months that may assist you next year. Best- Florence May

This is a great software for volunteer events

Amy S.
Volunteer Director
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been utilizing TRS for 5 years and the system keeps getting better. Customer support is outstanding and Customer support representative is an absolute joy to work with. They listen to suggestions and take into consideration items to improve on, though I know they are unable to accommodate all requests.

Vorteile: Ease of use to register on both the front end and the back end. If there are any items that need to be addressed, customer support is always excellent. The features they continue to add on are terrific.

Nachteile: There are some items I wish it had, but have not been developed yet such as a person being blocked from adding an invalid email. I also wish they would bring back the blocking emails from registering (maybe because the volunteer was not a right fit or they were banned for whatever reason). I also wish we would be able to download and/or contact all registrants in the system, not just by individual site. This would prevent some volunteers from receiving the same email (if they are registered for multiple sites) and would be less time for the administrator in sending out multiple emails for multiple sites.

von TRS an 28.2.2017

Thank you Amy. We enjoy working with you too. Hope you will join the monthly New Features webinars.These focus on updates and we are adding a survey feature to those sessions. Also appreciate your suggestions below.

Easy to use, great customer service, very user friendly

Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Becky G.
Programming and Event Coordinator

Vorteile: I like how you are able to clone previous sites to make it easier for me to update dates and any smaller position changes that occur with events that happen each year. The capabilities of the site seem very repetitive with adding shifts, customizing selections, etc, which makes building the site that much easier for me. The customer service with Flory and her team are top notch! They are always willing to answer questions and the follow up truly helps build the relationship with our team and theirs. Overall, I have had a very positive and great experience using the software!

Nachteile: Occasionally I run into the issue of the site not being as customizable for the event as it could be. For example, if I am running an event that only has one registrant type, it seems like there should be an option for users to go right to selecting activities. It is not horrible to not take this extra step of creating this one registrant type on the page, but seems that it could be more user friendly by having this be an option on the back end.

TRS user/administrator for the last 4 years. As a company, we use TRS for 3+ events per year.

Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Meagan B.
COO

Kommentare: We use this software to manage our online applications for both vendors and volunteers for all of our live events. This product is used for 3 or more events per year, so our staff is very familiar with how TRS operates.

Vorteile: That we can customize it to do what we need. We use TRS for both volunteer and vendor management. Works best for volunteer management, but is best option for the price for vendor management.

Nachteile: Would like better integration with our own existing websites for each individual site - ie co-branding capabilities beyond just the header banners.

von TRS an 3.1.2018

Thank you Meagan! Chat with Virginie on what you would like to see for co-branding. We have several options for other clients. Best- Florence May

It has been positive, it offers most everything I need and seems to have a pretty good delivery rate

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Jessica H.
Volunteer Program Manager
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to allow all volunteers to register for the activities and events of their choice, it's makes management much easier for me as the volunteer coordinator.

Vorteile: I like that volunteers can register for multiple events at once and that it now has texting available.

Nachteile: Sometimes I still think the process for the volunteers can be difficult, I still hear from people having trouble. Sometimes I cannot pull all reports I would like to.

von TRS an 21.12.2017

Jessica - Thank you for the review and being a TRS client! Please let us know which reports you want that you can't get. And are there specific issues that the volunteers are reporting? Are they consistent complaints or are they singular in nature? We want to be informed! Best- Florence May

I've grown accustomed to using myTRS and find it works well for my clients' needs.

Tina M.
president
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like that it's a local company owned by someone I know and I've used this product enough that I'm pretty familiar with it.

Nachteile: I would like to see myTRS return to the account manager customer service model. I miss having Tammy to reach out to for questions or help with one-off issues. I don't find the FAQ very helpful nor the support email as quick to response as I would like.

von TRS an 21.12.2017

Tina, Thank you for being a long time TRS client! We've gotten so many positive responses to the support desk change but we want to ensure you are getting the support you need. Please reach out to me directly to ensure you are properly covered. Best- Florence May

TRS has been a great experience and continues to be

Bewertet am 29.12.2017
Karen C.
Volunteer admin

Vorteile: The software is user friendly and easy to use in the admin side. It also is beneficial that our template can be copied and pasted each year and I only have to add shift times and dates for each of my locations

Nachteile: It would be beneficial if the software had the capability to send automatic reminders to volunteers

von TRS an 2.1.2018

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to review TRS on Capterra. You and the team at Carmel Dad's Club have been great clients! Auto reminders are on our list of improvements. Thank you so much for your feedback. Best- Florence May

Always Impressed with myTRS

Chelsea K.

Kommentare: I have been using myTRS for a variety of different large events since 2013 and have always been a fan of this management site. Specifically, I have used it for volunteer management and have really enjoyed seeing the positive changes that have been made over the years to make it easier for both us on the management side and the front end for the volunteers to sign up. Not only is it simple and easy to get set up and manage, I have had some of the best customer service and working relationship with myTRS when working and managing sites. I always know that if I have questions, I can send a quick email or set up a call and I will have a response quickly. I am in Cleveland and over these 3-4 years of using myTRS have worked with so many community members and volunteers here and have noticed that with each new year and event less and less people have questions about how to sign up and use the site. This just shows how user friendly myTRS is and how easy it is for people to go on, create and account, and sign up. Not only is it beneficial for the volunteers, but it also saves so much time on the volunteer manager to not have to focus on troubleshooting questions on how to get people signed up. I set the site up, turn it live, and then people can take it upon themselves to go through the volunteer opportunities and sign up or what they would like on their own. I am continually impressed with myTRS and through every job and event I have done have brought myTRS with me and encouraged the company to get on board with it as well. I will always support and be an advocate to get people to use this system!

Thank you, Chelsea!

Using TRS for client events

Bewertet am 28.2.2013
Mona F.

Kommentare: With nearly 25 years in nonprofit management and event management, this is the best product I have found for ease of use for event managers and registrants/volunteers, custom field flexibility, report flexibility, and more.

Vorteile: User interface for constiuents and volunteers to register is simple and attractive. Custom field features allow me to create additional fields for management use that are not visible to registrants. The ease with which it exports to MS Excel makes it possible to quickly merge more elaborate letters, invoices, reports, etc. created in MS Word. Search/Advance Search function easy to use for building queries. Email function easy to use and allows for easy segmentation of database for communication.

Nachteile: Financial reports are a great resource for those needing basic information, but could be enhanced for those more engaged in financial managment of an event including reconciliation. Would like a new feature allowing reapplying payments when registrants change selected activities with the same or different prices. Despite lack of these advanced financial features for financial managers, I still rate TRS 5 stars in feature reachness because it meets or exceeds the registration features that most event managers need.

von TRS an 28.2.2013

Thank you Mona! We are considering advancements in the financial management toolbox that are important to the majority of our clients. Appreciate your feedback!

Concessions Coordinator

Karen C.
Concessions/Volunteer Coordinator
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The TRS system is easy to use and maintain for reaching out to our volunteers and for our volunteers to sign up for their concession shifts throughout the sport seasons.

Vorteile: Easy to use and maintain

Nachteile: That the system doesn't send out reminders - I do manually.

von TRS an 28.2.2017

Karen, thank you. Appreciate your recommendation.

TRS is very easy to use!

Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Ashley J.
Account Manager

Vorteile: It's very user friendly! Since the system is very user friendly, it's great to use at any size conference. It's easy to pull reports for registration. It's also great if the same registrants attend the same conference every year, as the system will keep the information and you can easily register each time.

Nachteile: Really nothing to complain about. There could be incomplete registrations if the registrant doesn't go till the end and unfortunately, the system doesn't show that their registration is incomplete. The registrant just doesn't receive the confirmation email to show them they are completely signed up.

von TRS an 16.11.2017

Thank you!

From CLIENT to EMPLOYEE

Bewertet am 4.3.2013
Joelle B.
Account Manager

Kommentare: TRS allowed me to actually start managing my volunteers and my volunteer program instead of being stuck behind a desk swamped with admin work. It also made me more organized and helped better our volunteer program changing the mindset from 'we desperately need volunteers' to 'if you want to volunteer with us, you have to follow these rules'. I believe so much in the product that when the opportunity arose, I started working for TRS!

Vorteile: Before working at TRS, I was a client using the product. I was a Volunteer Manager for over 7000 volunteers and my first year we were using excel spreadsheets. TRS saved my life! I became efficient - knowing exactly who signed up for what shift, knowing where we were short volunteers, being able to track attendance, communicating with volunteers by event or shift because we actually got volunteers' email addresses!
Being able to actually pull reports before, during and after the event made me more effective as a volunteer manager.
Loved the 'include itinerary' option to always remind volunteers what they registered for!

Nachteile: Would like to see the reporting become more robust where you can set even more specific parameters and even pull some sort of a daily report of activity.

Great customer service. Easy to create the site.

Bewertet am 1.5.2017
Morgan S.
Volunteer Coordinator
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick and easy registration site.

Vorteile: The excel upload function is the best. It is very easy to create the volunteer sites and customize everything to the event itself. I love the reports that are available as well.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have people use the same email address if they are in the same family. I have had quite a few people call and ask if they need to create a different email for themselves to sign up. Also, the activities are expanded underneath the activity groups so that might be nice to have not expanded. It takes a while to create an activity in the activity maker, it is much easier to do it in excel. Maybe instead of choose the month and day you could type it in instead?

von TRS an 1.5.2017

Thank you Morgan! You can collapse the activities ,,, we will send you the link to the instructions. We added the activities upload option to speed up the build process. Glad you like that feature!

Great for organizing large groups of Volunteers!

Bewertet am 11.8.2015
Beth B.
Assistant Director

Kommentare: 2015 marked the first year that we used TRS to register and manage Volunteers for VeloSano, a community fundraiser and cycling event for cancer research at Cleveland Clinic (www.velosano.org). In this, our second year, we had over 900 Volunteers filling over 1,100 shifts. TRS made the registration process easy for our Volunteers. We were also able to organize our registration to accommodate special groups that wanted to volunteer together. Because we have so many Volunteers, TRS also allows for multiple administrative users so that our Volunteer Captains can also use the system to monitor registration and run reports. The reporting function is very easy to use and saved us countless hours of sorting spreadsheets. We also received great customer service from our account manager, Tammy. Any question we had, she was quick to respond and provided great training and suggestions on how to build the most useful site. There are a few features that we would love to see in the future...and I know are on the list of updates:
Ability for Volunteers to fundraise
Ability to customize some of the autoresponders
Mobile friendliness & social shares
Overall, our experience with TRS was excellent and we recommend it for any groups that need to manage large amounts of Volunteers over multiple days and venues.

Columbus Indiana Visitors Center Review

Eric M.

Kommentare: Working with the TRS product has been very positive for our organization. Most importantly they continue to make changes and updates that benefit the end user. As with anything, there is room for improvement but the overall product is very good and cost effective.

Vorteile: I like the setup for volunteer sign-up, check-in and reports and am thrilled that text messaging has been added to the communications component of the system.

Nachteile: The email function could definitely improve. It would be nice to be able to send test emails or save drafts and come back to an email later. There is also a problem with the formatting of our banner when an email is sent. We have followed the size specifications but the image is distorted when it is sent.

von TRS an 28.2.2017

Eric, thanks for the review. We enjoy working with your team. Fyi the update on your group sign up request is coming shortly and we are trying to figure out why your banner is distorted (that is not normal on our system at all!). Looking forward to the upcoming year!

Used TRS for 3 years for two large conventions

Bewertet am 26.1.2016
Rose Z.
Visitor Services Coordinator

Kommentare: I first started using TRS for the National FFA Convention that we had in Louisville, KY from 2013-2015. It was required by the Convention to use this program and I can understand why because it was so easy to maintain so many volunteer shifts with so many volunteers (20+ different volunteer jobs and around 200 volunteers, each year!). We were able to check-in volunteers when they arrived at their shifts, run reports (daily schedule, personal itineraries for volunteer packets, and final volunteer totals, etc). In January 2016, I used TRS on my own (I didn't have a committee to help me set up the site) and I was able to navigate it from building my site to running final reports with very little help. When I needed help, my contact with TRS was always available to e-mail or call. I could not have organized my January 2016 event (American Bus Association) without this website. Pros are: easy to navigate, simple to send out to potential volunteers, and reports are helpful (and can be exported into Excel spreadsheets). Cons are: can be difficult to sign up people who do NOT have an e-mail address and if people sign up as a GROUP if they do not do it correctly, it can easily get confusing. Very small cons in the grand scheme of things!

Thank you, Rose!

Great product for volunteers!

Bewertet am 7.3.2017
Marcie L.
Operations Manager
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Currently working on our second registration site for volunteers and would recommend TRS to anyone planning a large event with staff or volunteers. It's very user-friendly and designed specifically for volunteer management.

Vorteile: Registration reports, custom features, customer service

Nachteile: Nothing so far - I wish I had more time to explore and experiment with the different reports and features.

von TRS an 7.3.2017

Thank you Marcie! You are a quick learner and have been a great client!

A Great System that Kept Us Together

Bewertet am 22.7.2014
Kelsey E.
Volunteer Coordinator

Kommentare: TRS is a great company to work with. The Canadian Tulip Festival was in need of a volunteer registration system that would allow more time for volunteer management and less time spent scheduling volunteers in a spreadsheet. TRS truly delivered on that front. Our Account Manager was terrific and provided us with a lot of support on every level. The system was down for a few minutes one day but was fixed before I could even finish responding to their tech support message. The ability to run reports from anywhere allowed us to get up to date information at the touch of a button, which was vital to our operation. The advanced search function was endlessly helpful. For emails, I liked being able to see whether or not a volunteer had opened the message. Other email functions were sometimes limited but I'm excited to see what the updated version brings. All in all TRS was a great system and any limitations that I encountered were more than worth the other advantages they offered us. The support the Canadian Tulip Festival was offered by a variety of TRS staffers was fantastic and their cost was very good for the service provided. The festival's experience working with TRS was exceptional and we would happily work with them again.

TRS provides high quality volunteer management system and stellar service

Bewertet am 2.3.2017
Katie Z.
Executive Director
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a partner of TRS and have worked closely with them to onboard thousands of volunteers for many, many events, including some very high profile events. From working with TRS to build the initial integration to continuing to onboard clients using our turnkey integration, we have found that TRS support is truly stellar. Our clients love the solution and their software allows clients to successfully manage their event. We've noticed that clients continue to refer TRS to other clients and those that have events each year continue to recommend TRS to the new event committee. We're proud to be associated with such a quality product and organization.

Vorteile: The ability for an organization to manage an event, whether large or small.

von TRS an 3.3.2017

Thank you Katie. We are thrilled to partner with Verified Volunteers to provide quality background checks integrated with the TRS platform!

It has been amazing.

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Jerrell P.
Assistant Director

Vorteile: The functionality is very easy. It is very user friendly. I am able to access the site from anywhere.

Nachteile: Would be amazing if it were more interactive or could be dressed up a little more (add video content, etc.).

von TRS an 21.12.2017

Jerrell - Thanks for the great comments! A few tips. You are using the basic version. The home page can be customized if your design team wants to make additions. And you can add video now ... just let us know the details! Best- Florence May

Exactly what we need!

Bewertet am 14.11.2014
Gary C.
Senior Director of Sports

Kommentare: As a volunteer driven organization we need to be sure we are able to register, track and communicate well with our volunteers. Having TRS makes us more organized and efficient and professional. We are still learning the ins and outs of TRS but with the constant support of Tammy and her knowledge of how to make it work for our organization I always feel good that there is no issue we cannot resolve (and there have been very few issues). Overall this is outstanding for any organization looking to register, track and communicate with constituents. TRS can go beyond just volunteer registration in fact we are working on using it to have athletes sig-up for sports. The Customer Service is what puts it over the top -- we work with Tammy and she is always a phone call, email or chat away when needed. Excellent response time and always informative! Only reason I put 4 stars is that there are functions not yet complete -- but they are on the way and TRS works fast to make sure we have what we need. We have used a few different sites like this but by far TRS is more user friendly and has more functionality than any of them.

TRS - Great Product, Great Service

Bewertet am 22.7.2014
Valerie G.
Sr. Program & Events Manager

Kommentare: The 500 Festival has utilized TRS since 2008 and have continuously been impressed with the customer service and the product. It is easy to use from an outsiders perspective and is very user-friendly on the back-end. TRS Pros
'You can access all sites from when your organization started with TRS, including volunteer names/addresses/email addresses and what opportunity they volunteered for (and if they attended)
'From an event standpoint, we are able to 'carry over' all volunteer opportunities from year to year (this saves at least a week's worth of work since we do not have to create all opportunities each year or put in job descriptions)
'We have a great relationship with TRS and it is nice they are local
'TRS allows us to email each opportunity separately from TRS to provide them with updates or reminders
'TRS allows us to keep our committee people separate and have three separate sites
TRS Cons
'Currently, we are unable to pull multiple lists at one time (and keep the lists separate)
'TRS does not allow volunteers to (safely) add their SSN automatically when they register for a youth event/program

Love working with TRS

Franziska S.

Kommentare: This is my first time using The Registration System to recruit volunteers for a big event. From the beginning, the customer support was amazing, whenever I needed help with something I got immediate response. The handling of the system is very easy and you can almost teach yourself all the different areas of the website. It is just a great tool to use for volunteer recruitment, especially with all their new features they are adding almost on a weekly basis.
Thank you for making the volunteer recruitment so much easier. I love working with TRS

Vorteile: easy handling, you can almost teach yourself everything, but if not the customer service is very good and fast

Nachteile: Late integration with Verified Volunteers; it was not as easy as it sounded, always make sure to start the background check integration as soon as you go live with TRS

von TRS an 28.2.2017

Thank you Franziska! It's been great working with you and the Dallas Sports Commission team.

It's been great working with TRS. They're always accessible and have made things easy for us!

Davon R.
Assoc. Director, Football & Basketball Operations

Vorteile: The amount of work it takes off of our hands. We use it for volunteer registration and the fact that everything is online makes it a smooth operation for our office as well as our volunteers.

Nachteile: There are a few rare occasions when a volunteer can slip through the cracks without completing all of the required information.

von TRS an 21.12.2017

Davon - Thanks for the great review. We are thrilled to support your talented Big Ten staff! Let us know if you have the names of anyone who slipped through w/out required items ... we need to take a look! Best- Florence May

Customization

Bewertet am 8.3.2017
Emma M.
Associate
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The system is fairly easy to use on both the back and front ends. The best improvement would be to add more customizable features. Over my experience with FFA, I have expressed my ideas with various TRS employees. Colors of website and button verbiage would be at the top of the list.

Vorteile: Very easy to use

Nachteile: Not as customizable as I would like.

von TRS an 8.3.2017

Thank you, Emma. Your requests are on our future feature list! We appreciate that MBSA has been a great client since 2004. The product has changed dramatically with feedback from MBSA staff over the years and we expect to continue that trend!