Thoughts on Big Biller

Clare S.
Intern
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had an excellent experience with Big Biller. As we all know, technology does not always work the way we want it to or when we want it to, and Big Biller is no different. However, Big Biller has an excellent support team working for them. They care about your opinion and work with you to make your job easier so that you can operate successfully. This mentality has stood out to since day one of working within the Big Biller system.

Vorteile: I have been using the Big Biller software for just over two years now. Since the update, a new feature that I think is beneficial is the automatic nominations. I enjoy the nomination feature because I can see all the applications within the candidate inbox. The apps are all in one place and do not have to worry about adding them into Big Biller, tying them to the correct recruiter and job. This feature saves a lot of time and energy. Another feature that I enjoy is the pipeline. As an intern, my main focus is on finding qualified candidates for our positions. When I am searching, I can easily see if we have considered them for the current opening and other openings we have had in the past. Before the update, this was a feature we did not utilize often. I think the pipeline has improved to become an excellent tool as I can see what candidates I have found and where they are at in the process. I can easily see the candidates that have been rejected or moved onto an interview and adjust my searching with this information.

Nachteile: No one likes change and adjusting to the new system has not been easy, but after establishing a routine and going through the excellent training videos that Big Biller has to offer it has made the process much a smoother transition.

Big Biller as an Applicant Tracking System

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Randi E.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think Big Biller is an acceptable and more affordable ATS for a smaller/boutique agency overall BUT its search tool for recruiting is POOR for me. Just too many ways a title can be written, spelled, displayed - and if I don't search for it exactly as it's written, it doesnt show up. Even though it offers TAGS to always include job titles/functions, there are too many ways that things can be misspelled and thus not searchable.
Technical support is almost always available and pretty good at describing what I need to do to customize and/or troubleshoot a problem.

Vorteile: It's web based so can use it anywhere you have internet connection including mobile devices.
It's highly customizable.
It offers many template options.
Newly offered texting is awesome.
Shows trail of all communications - notes, emails and texting.
Technical support is pretty good at walking through training and customizations.
More affordable than others.

Nachteile: It's search tool is not effective for me at all. There are too many ways a job title may be written, spelled, abbreviated, etc. so the results are not good at all.
Too many different "tiles" that hold far too much information on front screen, requiring constant clicking across various tiles and levels within the tiles to see information.
Too rich in data making it hard to find info I need to see quickly. I have to scroll and click far too often to get to the info I need, if I can find it at all.
Too many opportunities to misspell words in the "tags", making searching very often filled with errors or providing poor results.
Cannot reparse easily within same resume.
Glitches often (maybe because it does rely on internet).
Migrating all my data was time consuming and filled with many missing fields and hard to decipher data.

Customer Review - SMB Recruiters

Bewertet am 16.12.2016
Gary N.
Owner/Manager/Recuriter/Sales
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have over 30-year experience in recruiting and have used several databases during that time. It is a great ATS but lacks as a CRM/sale process tool. It is complete and thorough and easy to use. It is no overly complex. You use most all of the features. Most records or entries are usually no more than 2 clicks away. The parsing feature is invaluable - just ask us old timers that had to OTC faxed resumes and still correct them by hand. The CRM/sales process is not as efficient as the ATS functions, as this is an ATS. But the new database should have new CRM features. I would like a little better metric report system, but I am not sure why or what would be better, It just not as comfortable as some dashboards that I have used. And some of the features I am sure will be updated I.e. emails - auto-type entry, cut and paste pics and data, integration with calendars, also even VOIP systems. (click on the number to dial).
It is sometimes not as intuitive as it should be but I think most of that is being addressed. Also, I think it should have some accounting info, placement data information, for both full time and temp. Nothing exotic by can be integrated with popular accounting systems. Support and assistance are easily 5 stars, everyone is willing to help one on one. People are reasonably easy to contact. And everyone speaks excellent English and are culturally aware.

Vorteile: Ease of use but thorough. Parsing is awesome. Great customer service. Big enough company to fill the needs of a database and support, but not so big that there are barriers to info and exchange of ideas, suggestions or problems

Nachteile: Needs some updating on processes - one click instead of 2. Not a very good CRM. the 'note' field does not automatically save. I have seen an hour interviewing a candidate and then go to another record and forgot to save the notes. This really hurts production, efficiency and credibility with clients candidates.
Better CRM/Sales pipeline mgt system. Able to select the names in the quick add field of a company record to email a specific person in a campaign. Otherwise, you can't organize by company status (Lead, prospect, account etc) and you have to enter the names manually in a hot list to be emailed.

Praises to the BigBiller product!

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
John F.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used your software since 2005. That speaks volume for my opinion of your services.

Vorteile: Big Biller is a very user-friendly product. It has comprehensive functionality that leaves the statement, "I wish it did this" totally out of the picture. The customer service is outstanding. I mean "Outstanding". They know their product, they always have an answer, they are patient with a string of questions, and they always get back with you if you email them questions. The help section is always the first place I go and generally, I can find answers there.

Nachteile: At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)

Great Software, Amazing Support

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Laura C.
Managing Partner/Owner
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a great database for recruiting, with everything a recruiter might need, for a reasonable price. It's truly OUTSTANDING feature, though, is tech support. In the very rare even that I have needed them, I call (yes, call ON THE PHONE....they don't divert me to just a chat or email function), and lo and behold, a live person THAT ACTUALLY WORKS THERE AND KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT answers in the first couple of rings. They then solve my problem DURING THE CALL, giving me as much time as I need for questions. If the problem can't be solved during the call, the follow up is excellent. They behave as if they value each and every customer, and I only have one seat with them currently.

Vorteile: Easy to use, customizable, does everything I want it to in a straightforward manner

Nachteile: I wish that there were more keyword searching capabilities, such as keyword searching on the planner, and an "all records" keyword search, but it doesn't discourage my satisfaction with the software; I had to "reach" for a "what did you like least" example.

Big Biller Software

Brian C.
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Big Biller is easy to learn, but more importantly their tech support is fantastic and always there when I have questions. Also I like that they continue to update the software and take recruiter inputs to make it better.

Vorteile: I like the pipe lines as I go back to them time after time when I get new job orders. I like that you can parse candidates directly from Linked IN as well as parse multiple resumes at one time.

Nachteile: The minor issues I have I passed along to tech support and they were incorporated.

A tool and team you MUST have to run a Successful Staffing Business

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Amylyn K.
Managing Director
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I starting my "Head Hunting" practice 4 years ago and was introduced to Top Echelon. On the surface one could think it was just another splits network but it is SOOO much more.
The technology behind Big Biller came from this networks (the end users) suggestions. It is not just something thought up by a bunch of people in a room.
It truly is made FOR recruiters using the input of RECRUITERS
Big Biller helps me to keep everything straight.
It also provides the power of a HUGE network behind me to do my sourcing and posting
It allows me to credibly tell my clients that this business is not JUST me, it is me and an awesome technology that is connected to a network of RECRUITERS who can get the toughest jobs filled
The reporting allows me to more easily do things like taxes and year end planning.

Vorteile: User Friendly
Well Supported
Constantly growing and improving
Very robust and intuative
I have used many ATS systems but this by far is the best
Made by recruiters for recruiters!

Nachteile: I don't have enought time to fully utilize all the well thought out offerings of this technology, if I did, I would be making even MORE placements.

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Steve Z.
Principal
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I run a small recruiting business and Big Biller has everything I need to work with and track candidates, jobs and clients. I have been using Big Biller since 2008 and have been very pleased with the software, functionality and support. It actually has more features than I need but they are available if I ever want to grow my company.

Vorteile: -Full Featured
-Integrated with Top Echelon Network
-Extremely Customizable
-Great search capabilities on anything in the database
-Ability to tailor the screen to meet my daily workflow
-New version is similar to older version so little retraining needed
-Great support from Top Echelon
-Has everything and more that I need to run my recruiting business

Nachteile: -The new version is running a little slower than the previous version

Jim F.
Maschinerie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Big Biller has been positive, and when we have an issue the support staff is awesome to help us resolve issues.

Vorteile: The most powerful aspect of the software is the pipeline. It makes it easier to stay organized and know the current status of all your searches. You are able to prioritize each job by A, B,C so that your team knows which jobs are the hottest and should be worked on first.

Nachteile: The integration with the Top Echelon network and network functions are a work in progress and are still in the development stages.

Big Biller- glad we made the switch

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Wendy J.
Presdient
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to track our jobs, candidate activity and pipeline more efficiently than ever. The ease of the site in setting up a job/ email templates/ emailing candidates and tracking activity is so simple. You can increase your activity and productivity. Customer support is outstanding. Personalized and prompt. They are always looking for improvements with the database to make it better and are interested in what tools their users need/want.

Vorteile: Easy to learn and incorporate into your daily routine to enable you to run a more efficient recruiting desk.

Nachteile: Drop down fields for industry codes and job titles do not seem as current or applicable as they should be

Big Biller is the best. Love it!!

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Michael S.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are in staffing and recruiting and, I can say Big Biller has made recruiting candidates much simpler. I highly recommend Big Biller to any staffing firm.

Vorteile: This software is very easy to use. Everything is online so I can access it anywhere. The technical support is A+++. They are fast and efficient. I love how Big Biller developers are constantly making changes and improvements to the software too.

Nachteile: Hard to say there are any flaws. It works perfect for our business.

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Mike D.
Search Practice Leader
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We give the new BB software a thumps up for the following reasons:
Great Job Top Echelon Team for a job well done.
We can't wait to see what you do on the Network software.

Vorteile: We have customize our data sheet by moving the cards where you want them.
We have eliminated any of the cards that we didn't use.
We have create our own agency cards for things like Qualifying Questions and Job Order Questions
You can enter a phone number and the software will find your candidate (The old system was not so good in this area)
We have customize the pipeline by eliminating columns we didn't use. I am able to call , look at the resume, log and schedule activities from the pipeline without getting off the page.
We are very impressed with how easy the new BB Software is to customize.

Nachteile: I like to see all the people in the pipe line the software defaults to active people. I have to click on see all records.

Easy To Use + Easy To Customize = Easy To Succeed!

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Christina F.
Director of Client Services
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's great to know the same names and faces of the people who work with Big Biller. The service and ongoing training and commitment to continuous improvement are out of this world.

Vorteile: This software is incredibly user friendly. It's easy to customize and we were even able to add a card for all of our interviewing questions to help us streamline how we capture that information as we qualify candidates. For the times we need help or have a question - the customer service is absolutely above and beyond!!

Nachteile: I miss the candidate emails and am having to re-train myself to check the candidate inbox daily.

Bewertet am 30.8.2013
Steve K.

Kommentare: Big Biller is a very impressive, forward designed product. In particular, the ability to run a search and then send an email to the entire screening level, is something that is priceless. Big Biller then updates every candidate record with the email, which is a terrific tool because nobody wants to be overexposed to their candidates. I also use the mail merge and mail template features a lot, and have sent well over 200,000 emails in the last year using the system. Big Biller is completely seamless when it comes to interfacing with my Hiring Hook website, and the software automatically tracks which of my applicants have applied for the jobs of other recruiters. In short, everything that I previously had to enter manually is now fully automated. This equates to tremendous time savings. I stopped using ACT! and other databases and ATSs because everything is painlessly integrated into Big Biller. I tend to work in chaotic ways, and Big Biller takes care of being organized for me. This allows me to use my time where I'm very efficient, instead of wasting my time where I'm not. What I don't like, and want, is the ability to email entire search screen levels when searching the general TE candidate database and having the choice to either email the candidates directly or their recruiters directly. Also, I'd like it if Big Biller automatically parsed all website applicants instead of waiting for me to do it manually. What would also be cool, would be to take a candidate and have Big Biller automatically search the TE jobs database for potential matches - and then give the option to send an alert to the candidate automatically for the jobs that match. This could be done even for jobs that are not shared with the TE membership, thus allowing recruiters doing really confidential searches to obtain potential candidates without advertising even to their peers.

Compared to Other Software in the Market

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Joe F.
Principal
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I do a lot of email marketing and being able to create customized templates, it has made me more productive.

Vorteile: It is extremely easy to use. What makes this product effective is the team behind the scenes. I am not only buying the software, I am buying the support that Big Biller provides. They listen and respond. The past year or so they have implemented multiple upgrades to the software and continue to make it user friendly.

Nachteile: I can always find something wrong, but in this case, I like the product and the continuous upgrades that being made.

works well but looking forward to new release

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Jamie R.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: looking forward to the new release.

Vorteile: using it for candidate tracking, email, research on LinkedIn, Facebook, the internet all works well and very easy to use.

Nachteile: search is a little cumbersome at times , cost for 10 jobs cost more than the monthly fees, the way to remove duplicates is troublesome. the cost of advertising and the lack of some of the boards that you can pick from if you are in a specific industry. The split network needs to have some better oversite as to the split policy as some just auto forward without doing any work but get half the fee.

Big Biller is easy to implement and affordable

Bewertet am 22.10.2009
Natalie B.
President/CEO

Kommentare: I love it enough to keep using it. We are constantly being approached by other vendors but have no interest in changing. It seems that we are constantly uncovering new features/functions in Big Biller even though we have been using it for 5 years. Our candidates are our livelihood. We have more than 21,000 sales professionals in our database. I know that our data is safe with Big Biller.

Vorteile: Before selecting Big Biller, we tried other servics that were much more expensive and harder to implement. They also required ongoing costly upgrades. Big Biller is a hosted solution that is always available and always improving. Compared to the solutions my friends use at other search firms, we have a winner! My favorite feature is the ease of getting new resumes into the system and parsed. The HOT LIST feature also allows us to build our call lists and keep track of candidates that are perfect for our active searches.

Nachteile: Big Biller does not currently have a project/pipeline management tool so we still track our search progress in a spreadsheet. (I hear that they are working on a solution though.) The integration with our website is good but not great. From a candidate perspective, it seems a bit clumsy when they are trying to search through our multiple openings. I also liked it best when our tech support was provided by one of the original tech employees. He has moved up the food chain and the new tech support guy is "Mr No." I also wish it would allow you to automatically merge candidate files in the event that two or more seperate files are accidentally created.

Effective recruiters identify highly qualified candidates software.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Carolina D.
Supervisor

Kommentare: The most common problem I could solve by using Big Biller is that I can combine marketing tools with email. Thanks to this application I can get the essentials for tracking applicants.

Vorteile: What I like most about Big Biller is that thanks to the job publication tools it allows me to publish applications on the company's career site, in various industry-specific job sites and on social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. This seems excellent to me.

Nachteile: One downside is that Big Biller right now is not compatible with Outlook integration. I hope you can develop this feature because it is very necessary. You can also say that the design is somewhat outdated, I think they should modernize its graphical interface.

Fantastic value for an ATS

Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Jason C.
Managing Director
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really solid product with a fantastic price point. Why spend more?

Vorteile: All the functions and features that you would expect from one of the 'Big Players' but at a way better price point. You can tell that this Product was designed by Recruiters for Recruiters. Great new Web-based interface. Really smart integration with LinkedIn. Good candidate-search functionality. Solid parsing tool. etc...

Nachteile: Overall, I'm extremely impressed with this product. Amazing what they are able to offer at that price point.

Easy Usage

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Gloria G.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been a great experience. If I had a question I could get in town with customer service immediately.

Vorteile: I like the weekly webinars about the software and different functions. Being a new user this is very helpful.

Nachteile: The work history portion did not have a place for phone numbers.

excellent

Bewertet am 11.11.2016
Thomas S.
Reecruiter
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is really easy and extremely helpful. I had a license from our company for several years but avoided using Big Biller for a long time thinking I do not need it and it was maybe just a pain. Kind of "old dogs do not need to learn new tricks" . Once it was made madatory to use, I found it so good that I wish I had not wasted so long to just do it as I know I would have made more money. For now I want to become even better at BB. I am pretty good but I know if I mater itm, i will make even more placements.

Vorteile: easy

Nachteile: none

von Top Echelon an 6.12.2016

You've got it Thomas! Using Big Biller Recruiting software will streamline your process and help you make more placements!

Excellent software for recruiters

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Joe F.
Principal/Search Consultant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have used Big Biller since I entered the recruiting field which is over 15 years. I have evaluated other products but find Big Biller to have the most user friendly program. Their support and training teams are always there to assist whether it is a simple question or a problem.

Vorteile: Simple to use. Information on candidates and clients can be easily imported. Internal searches are simple to set up. Creating hotlists makes it much easier to manage searches.

von Top Echelon an 6.12.2016

Thanks for the terrific review Joe! We love making simple recruiting software that can help recruiters make more placements!

New version meets all my expectations

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Philip B.
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent.

Vorteile: Powerful search and excellent workflow, great features to adopt as 'Single Source of Truth'

Nachteile: Earlier version did not have the ability to append new data to existing record which has been solved with the new version.

Big Biller is incredibly powerful, effective, relevant and easy to use.

Bewertet am 23.1.2017
Steve K.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Big Biller is by far the most relevant software I've seen for the recruiter (headhunter, not corporate) community. Quick effective searching, the ability to message entire screening results in one shot, save templates, keep the calendar organized, set/remove jobs for advertising, duplicate jobs and so forth. The jobs can also be instantly displayed on our website, which is a great feature because we only have to enter each job once.

Vorteile: easy to use, friendly interface

von Top Echelon an 23.1.2017

Thanks for the terrific review Steve! We we're happy you found Big Biller an easy to use, yet powerful recruiting software.

Overall a great product with great support

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Blair P.
Divisional Director
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great customer support. Unmatched customizable options. Very easy to use.

Nachteile: The fact that it does not sync with Microsoft Outlook to create an email. They should make a link to click on an email address and populate a new email in outlook.