Über Miva

Miva ist eine führende E-Commerce-Plattform für Unternehmen, die beispiellose Anpassungs-, Sicherheits- und Datenverwaltungsfunktionen bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Miva

Software works and if not, customer support will help make it work.

Bewertungen zu Miva

Miva hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 84 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Miva bereits verwendet?

Jason B.
Jason B.
Director of Marketing in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Ecommerce Tool

Kommentare: It's incredibly easy to use. I always suggest new stores to use Miva whenever possible.

Miva is very easy to work with for any online marketer or ecommerce professional. I have worked with them for complex websites and they were able to handle very large sites and very complex rules with no issues.

Getting any third party to integrate with Miva is usually pretty expensive. Other ecommerce platforms like Magento and Shopify have simple apps for integration. The bigger Miva gets, the more this issue will go away. I just wish it would happen now! Integration fees a lot of the time are way too much and make it difficult to add new functionality to my website.

Mike R.
President in USA
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Tried Shopify, Returning to Miva

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have hosted my business with Miva for over 20 years. Several years ago, I had a Magento site developed with the intention of switching platforms, but pulled the plug after seeing how slow Magento websites loaded. I just had a Shopify site developed, with the intention of switching platforms, and saving on the monthly fee that Miva charges. Shopify is deceptive because it advertises low monthly costs to host your business. These fees are just the tip of the iceberg though. Shopify has very little inherent functionality, and to build a high functioning website requires monthly subscriptions to dozens of apps. These monthly app fees add up quickly, making the cost much higher than Miva. Miva includes very sophisticated software that doesn't require monthly subscriptions, and while the cost is still high, it is much lower than a shopify site. I never appreciated the tech support that Miva offers until I tried to get ahold of Shopify tech support. BIG difference! Shopify does not offer phone in support, and their ability to assist is delayed through complicated forms that you must fill out, then a long wait for a low level tech to reply. Miva offers phone in support, and the turn around for an issue is quickly resolved.

Miva has impressive tech support, and includes features that Shopify requires monthly subscriptions for. Additionally, Miva let's you choose a credit card processor, which can potentially save you a ton of money vs. Shopify, which requires you to use their processor.

In order to receive a lower cost subscription for Miva, I had to sign a 3 year contract.

Teresa P.
Teresa P.
Customer Service Representative in USA
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Miva

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: The benefits of Miva are seeing in real time when the customer is ordering online and what they are ordering.

I liked the inventory tracking, revenue tracking and the automated emails that Miva generates.

Sometimes the automated email to customers doesn't work so the customer gets no order confirmation.

Daniel A.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Miva has been a Disaster for us

1 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Terrible we have been failing as a business and its all because of Mivas functions. Switched to shopify and our sales are improving massively.

I cant say I liked anything. Their backend is so hard to function. They don't update any of their user guides and don't want to help.

Its almost impossible to use without a full time web disgner

Tamara B.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Miva Merchant Support

Kommentare: We have been using Miva Shopping chart for over a decade but just recently started using them as our webhost. We have been very pleased with their support team. The team is attentive and knowledgeable. They work quickly to resolve issues . This fact is very important to small internet store owners.

Miva's ability to sync with QB's and ShipWorks is a valued feature. We just could not process our orders as efficiently without it.

It has been a challenge to get accustomed to each new upgrade. Each one comes with it's own learning curve and it can be time consuming for small business owners to understand. That said, the upgrade from Miva 5.5 to 9 was seamless.

Jake C.
Jake C.
ecommerce analyst in USA
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing eCommerce Software

Kommentare: One of the best ecommerce software experiences out there.

-Ease of use, allows us to save time onboarding new employees -Flexibility for complex implementations is present -Very developer-friendly platform -Plugin implementation is easy and the selection is outstanding -Customer support has been top-notch, nothing to complain about there -Has improved our efficiency, especially so w/ the sync of ShipWorks

To be nitpicky, there are some tasks within Miva that seem to be made harder than they should be. Miva is constantly being updated, so we've seen positive changes in a number of these areas - so have to credit them for that. The upgrades might add a little bit of difficulty to the learning curve, but overall we enjoy those updates.

Publisher - VP Sales Manager in USA

I am not a computer expert, but customer service agent was patient and gave me excellent customer support.

Kommentare: It's easy to make sales through my web site. They have good SEO.

Easy to list new products and to change details about existing products. Customer service has always been helpful with any questions.

Success Adviser in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

great service, needs integrations

Kommentare: All-round inventory, finance, and sales management

Miva offers a very solid product, good customization, and strong customer service. It's head and shoulders above other online sales platforms for medium-sized businesses that need a central platform for managing inventory and finances as well as online sales. And they also offer web hosting!

There's really no reason why Miva shouldn't have free/easy integrations like many of it's competitors. Customizing or paying for each integration can get quite onerous.

Antwort von Miva

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback about your experience with Miva. We aim to provide the best features for our clients while providing live 24/7 customer support. Baked into the Miva platform are powerful features that allow Miva users to distinguish their brand from day one. This approach allows Miva to provide a seamless shopping experience with less dependency third party plugins, although we do have a robust ecosystem of partner integrations, including free ones, at https://apps.miva.com/. We love feedback so please feel free to reach us at 800.608.6482. We want to hear what integrations you think would make Miva a better platform. :)

Global IT Director, Flow IT & Global Stds Team Lead, Robotic Process Automation in USA

Pretty powerful eCommerce tool with some learning curve. Bit pricey for small business owners.

Kommentare: Pretty nice set of features that cover a broad range of business needs for eCommerce.

Impressive list of functionality, especially in the introductory pricing packages. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it from the administrator's perspective but has quite a bit to offer in terms of features and functionality, including B2B capabilities.

The pricing model could use a little review and the ability to use it for a trial period is not very inviting and too limiting.

Graphic Designer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Miva's customer service gets 5 stars!

I have had a few issues and they are great at responding and following up to my and my team's requests. We are able to add a lot of customizations to our shopping cart and all these integrations are included within our package. Best of all, there has never been any extra charges.

The overall price is a bit high amongst its competitors. You get what you pay for. Also wish the analytics were more robust.

Colin M.
Owner/President in USA
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

We have been with Miva since 2002. The cart and support have always been excellent.

Kommentare: An effective website shopping cart with 100% uptime that is intuitive and easy to use.

Miva is easy to use and flexible. Every time we have upgraded we have looked hard to see if there was something better value for money and did not find anything. Uptime on our cart has been very close to 100% and if we run into a problem the support staff are quick and very helpful.

I would like free, recovery of the abandoned, post-input, customer information URLs, containing the customer email and other information (just before shipping and payment method selection). Followed by an automatic promotion, module. Nobody else has this either

Director of eCommerce and Marketing in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Miva Continues to Grow

Kommentare: At first it was a great platform which did what we needed but went downhill. It then went through a roller coaster of executive changes, is back on the right, and has great potential if development continues.

Extremely Flexible Platform, Easy to Code in, Tons of Plugins/Developers, Great Support from most Miva Staff. Dedicated Account Managers.

There are tons of small little nuances about the software that just make things so much more difficult. Especially in regards to bulk product editing. It is getting better, but just not there yet. Some customer support staff/account manager do not seem very knowledgeable or driven.

Todd G.
Managing Partner in Spanien
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very Happy Customer

Miva has been by my side over the last ten years of my e-commerce journey. The product allows me to customize and run my site in the way I want, and the support I receive when needed solves all problems that I may face in using the software.

There are some minor features I would like to see implemented that some competing products have. But overall, the software and the hosting is a good value for cost.

John G.
Owner/Producer in USA
Musik, Selbstständig

Excellent tech support

Kommentare: The reason I stay with Miva is the EXCELLENT tech support. It's professional, capable, and patient. I've dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past and found here truly excellent. One of the reasons I stay with Miva

Software works and if not, customer support will help make it work

Frequent dfficulty in logging in requiring a call to tech support Too expensive for a small site like mine

Dottie M.
President in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Support Service/Sam Newbold

Kommentare: I have been using Miva Merchant for over ten years and I want to say how happy I am with the program, the support, and the consistency of excellent customer service! I have been talking with Sam Newbold about a new website and he has been more than helpful - very responsive, knowledgeable, and patient. He has been a tremendous asset to me in this new update!!

It is user friendly and comes with great customer support.

Mark B.
Owner/Director in USA

Nick Rodney's Customer Service is Incredible

Kommentare: Well, I truly doubt I've ever had better customer service in my lifetime than that provided by Nick. In fact, I made it a point to wait for the times he was working to try to garner only his help specifically in the areas that needed to be undertaken. I trust him fully in his knowledge of Miva and its related areas, and in his amazing attitude towards work. Nick would suggest and take on improvements that were not even thought of - much less expected - but that greatly benefited me. He also demonstrated a real desire to remove every conceivable negative issue raised, and simply displayed a happy willingness to go above and beyond. And besides all that, he's a really great guy to talk to... So, for example, during the very arduous and time-consuming task of updating both my dev site and regular store site from Miva 5 to Miva 9.004, including my many idiosyncratic requests, my need for explanation (sometimes a few times on the same issue, out of many), and the updating of a ton of modules (sometimes more complicated than might be expected), Nick dealt with it all perfectly, and was kind, modest, and thoughtful throughout. Say it and it gets done, and then he adds to that. Now that's customer service! While very good customer service is rare enough nowadays, excellence like this is almost a shock to your system. (If anyone deserves a raise, it is this man!)

Robert B.
owner in USA

Great!!

Works good, looks good and easy to use. I am not a computer wizard but I can use this program with out a lot of assistance, and when I do need assistance Miva provides it quickly.

Dianne D.
Owner in

Upgrading from Miva 4 to Miva 5.5

Kommentare: For most people, this would have been relatively easy especially given the wonderful assistance from Miva's support technicians. BUT, as I am a readily confessed technophobe, the transition was truly an ordeal for me and I came close to quitting several times. My Miva version was so old that the keywords didn't transfer over and many of the product descriptions were without the appropriate html code. So in addition to not having a clue about what I needed to do, I literally had to re-write over 750 product descriptions adding keywords and meta tags along the way. My site finally went "live" yesterday. It could never have happened without all of the support technicians who helped. I got extremely lucky when Sam Newbold suggested he stay with me through the whole process so it became one very, very long ticket. Sam held my hand for the past three weeks. I am unbelievably appreciative of his help. He provided very clear, concise instructions that even I was able to follow (most of the time). And he has the patience of a saint. This transition could never have happened without him and the other support technicians who helped. I still have a lot to do - mostly but not all cosmetics. To all the support technicians: I'm afraid you've not heard the last dumb question from me but at least now I'm very confident of the help I will continue to receive going forward.

Monique W.
Monique W.
Webmaster in USA
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Been happily using Miva for years. They continue to improve the product and documentation!

You have access to tweak almost everything through certain modules, and in recent years changes were made so that you can do even more without needing to purchase additional modules.

Documentation was really lacking for a number of years! We do a lot of customization and in the past we were sometimes limited because of the lack of documentation. Also, many customizations required the purchase of additional modules. However, it's been improving in recent years.

Peggyann C.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Great dealing with a professional Miva Support. Answered and resolved my concerns.

Kommentare: It suits my needs at the current time.

User friendly. I like the fact that support is patient and understanding and walks me through the process.

Karry B.
USA
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Fast and fabulous!

Kommentare: Quick and easy. My problem was solved and I was able to take care of my customer quickly. That is important.

Rev. tony P.
Executive Minister in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

The Tech Support Couldn't Have Been Better! Amazing!

Kommentare: For a couple of months our site was considerably over it's disk space allotment as we did an upgrade and back-ups were saved. Saturday night I went through the site eliminating "things" I thought weren't needed. I thought the "miracles_mm5" database had to do with an old Joomla version and I deleted it! I forgot that the MIVA store also used a .sql database. Silly me! Sunday night I went to log into the store to find ... NO STORE! I saw the error message that the "miracles_mm5" database couldn't be found and I immediately knew what I had done. The anxiety I felt was intense! I called support at about 6:30 p.m. Pacific on a Sunday evening. Nick answered right away. He was very reassuring and I wanted lots of reassurance. He reminded me of daily back-up that went back for weeks, He said he had to call the Florida tech but that this was "site down" and MIVA would get on it right away. He said, most likely it would be restored from a back up within an hour. ~48 minutes later I received an email saying that the store was restored. I checked and there it was. I realize that this was about 10:30 p.m. on a Sunday evening in Florida. That is pretty impressive tech service! How could that get any better?

John S.
Managing Partner in

Gene Montgomery

Kommentare: To Whom It May Concern, In a time when customer service is widely reduced to reading a script and mind you, not very well, interacting with someone like Gene Montgomery is rare. He proved that he cared about me and my business though care was never uttered from his mouth. No, his actions spoke much louder than a person trained to be empathetic to customers under duress. Gene clearly understands that listening to his clients is the most critical element to helping create client solutions. The primary reasons why I felt compelled to write these comments are Gene's ability to effectively listen incorporate his innate qualities for empathy coupled with follow through, what else can Miva and I ask for, no question mark required. I intentionally left out the details of my recent experience with Gene for they would have supported yet detracted from my exceptional Client Care experience. Additionally, I elected not have anyone read between the lines and be straight forward just like Gene was with me! Sincerely, John A. Sutton
Managing Partner, INLIT, LLC

Susanne M.
Owner in

Help with Miva Admin - Setting up an automatic customer mailer

Kommentare: I received a return call back from your customer support person Chris. Immediately I got a sense of him being "charged up" and "there for me" with a sense of urgency. Since I am a little slow with computers, he invited me to join the session through some conference type software and explained the steps needed for me to create the customer email.
I have spoken to many of your customer folks over the years and I have always had very good experiences. Somehow Chris seemed super fast in figuring this all out which was a pleasure. I so enjoy the fact that all your customer folks work without using "canned sentences" or saying stupid things at the end as in "Thank you for using AT&T - it's been a pleasure working with you". And thanks to all of you for speaking English without a weird accent. You all have my highest compliments. When Chris mentioned that I will have an option to complete a 5-star survey and five being the best, I was disappointed because I wanted to give him a 10. In this forum I could not enter 5 stars in the "customer service" area.

Ben M.
Account Services Coordinator in USA

Great customer service. All problems handled timely and professionally.

I like how the software is user friendly, and how I can always get in touch with a Miva representative if I run into problems. We have been adding alot of additions to our website, and I'm not sure how far I would have gotten if I couldn't go to miva for a quick solutions.

No complaint so far except that some review system apps do not work with Miva's system, which is frustrating because now I have to find new review systems. Not a huge deal though.