Smooth link to Lacerte but could use improvement on links to clients

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Steve S.

Kommentare: Integration with Lacerte and cloud storage. Does provide one place to receive documents from clients, send documents to client and share documents within our team.

Vorteile: What I like most is the direct link to Lacerte tax software. Employees can send a return or any form from Lacerte with only one click.

Nachteile: Sending documents to clients seems inefficient - for example the only way to send more than one document is via a "link" or password encrypted email - would like ability to select multiple documents from different folders and send by email link, not just passwords.

SmartVault is a decent software that has many good features.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Leanna S.
CPA

Kommentare: Access to client documents. Ease of use. Availability to store documents remotely.

Vorteile: You access information anywhere that you have an internet connection. Ease of Use. Compatible with multiple software and operating systems.

Nachteile: Glitchy at best. It gives lots of error message. Some valid, some not. Site tends to go down during periods of heavy traffic. That is a big problem, because often times those are during the hours when you need to access.

A decent option for a client portal system

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Eric j. N.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The ability to map the system to your hard drive and use the portal as a virtual drive locally is a huge boost to productivity. You can send custom messages with the file notifications which is a nice little touch. Many integrations for email/accounting software and features for storing, transferring, signing and more functionality.

Nachteile: Mac users are left out in the cold. The pricing is rather high if you only need the portal system itself and no additional features. The space allotment is rather small compared to some other options. No ability to transfer/shift into a different type of filing system within the SmartVault family of products--you have to start from scratch.

I really wanted to like it but it wasn't for me

Bewertet am 14.4.2018
Jessica F.

Kommentare: I didn't get much out of it, it has great potential and perhaps when they introduce an option to embed a file upload on my website that doesn't require login I would definitely consider signing up again because it's not worth it if my clients don't want to use it.

Vorteile: Lots of great features, a generous amount of secure storage, unlimited clients, custom branding, good support.

Nachteile: Not user-friendly to learn, I usually figure things out clicking around but had to rely a lot on tutorials and support documents to find my way around. It's expensive for a small practice but I can't see how it's very well worth it to a medium or large practice. My clients did not like having to log in to share files with me so as much as I wanted to like it I switched to a solution that allowed my clients to upload securely without having to keep track of yet another username and password.

Easy to use, Great customer service

Bewertet am 16.11.2016
Marlo S.

Kommentare: I love SmartVault! It has allowed us to share documents with our clients (securely) and begin to operate our firm in the cloud!

Vorteile: Ease of use
Quick customer support

Easy to use once experienced with the software

Bewertet am 1.12.2017
Erin M.
Tax Associate

Vorteile: The ability to print straight to SV from our tax software and other computer applications. Basic functionality is pretty straightforward

Nachteile: Seems to be quite a bit of lag sometimes with processing/printing to PDF and uploading from tax software and other programs to SV. Basic functionality is pretty straightforward, but extra features and functions are not very obvious or user friendly to begin

Great Idea, Poor Implementation

Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Staff Accountant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After we got past the initial stage, we ran out of space. Then we ran out of space again. Then, the dashboard told us that we had space, but we were getting error messages that we were out of space. Then, it got until my staff and I were receiving an error message every time we went to log into the online portion. The Quickbooks backup feature and the Docusign feature never worked. The Outlook plug-in was repeatedly stopped by Outlook for slowing it down. The support team is constantly backed up and you can expect very long wait times, but I'd imagine most of their customers are having the same issue. After the Docusign issue, we made the decision to pull our company and count our experience as sunk costs and a lesson learned. We quit using Smart Vault and switched to IntuitLink and Docusign proper (just in case anyone wants a better option here)

Vorteile: I like the idea, but that's it. I loved what the software said it would do-- it seemed like a silver bullet solution at the time.

Nachteile: The bugs. This idea needs a lot of work on implementation.

Easy to use and excellent storage

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Victoria E.
Bookkeeper
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Even with my first time of using this software, I had no difficulties in navigating it SmartVault is very organized and makes it extremely easy to share files/documents between two sources. Files can be uploaded or dragged into each file on SmartVault.

Vorteile: SmartVault is extremely user friendly, sets up your files in a very organized manner and makes it easy to share between accountant and his/her clients.

Nachteile: I have not encountered anything that I do not like.

SmartVault

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Mark V.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I rely on this software to transmit, upload and store files for my clients. Instead of providing an efficient means of accomplishing this, the glitches in the software and the inability of the customer service team to assist me with these problems has very seriously negatively impacted my business. I would strongly recommend NOT buying this software.

Vorteile: If the software functioned as it should, it would be a decent document management software.

Nachteile: Problems with saving files on the server as opposed to the desktop of the user. Customer service, although friendly, was/is unable to correct the problem and does not respond in a timely manner.

Secure Electronic File Cabinet

Bewertet am 9.12.2016
Cindy S.

Kommentare: Smartvault allows me to transfer sensitive financial information with my clients safely. There is an Outlook Add-On so it is easy to include the link in emails to your clients.