Über SmartVault

Mit SmartVault ist es einfach, Dokumente mit einer einzigen integrierten Dokumentenmanagement- und Kundenportallösung zu erfassen, zu verwalten und zu teilen.

Erfahre mehr über SmartVault

Easy to use, very intuitative. I like the way I can keep a track of everything going on and the simplicity to upload.

My number one complaint is that you cannot edit documents in Smartvault.

Bewertungen zu SmartVault

SmartVault hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 124 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SmartVault bereits verwendet?

Tracey
Tracey
Financial in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome to add to my tech stack

Kommentare: My compliance department introduced SmartVault instead of google drive or another service. I couldn't be happier! And, the integration with docusign is awesome.
My clients find it easy to work with .

It's an easy way to securely hold all of my clients documents. I LOVE that it works well with docusign. My clients find it easy to use.

If you cannot get in touch with customer service (everyone is busy!) they have FAQ's that I easily found what I was looking for!

Company Director in UK
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Well packaged Document Management System, well presented!

Kommentare: Overall, I have been very impressed by SmartVault. I was using Office 365 Business and was fed up that Sharepoint kept falling over for clients - I had set it up as groups to move documents around as I provide payroll services, but often I would get an email from the client saying not received or can't access. SmartVault integration has been very easy and clients have embraced - I think that for many it looks like IE tree set up for navigating makes it easier and that a desktop version is available for their use - a feature taken away by Microsoft - they feel they have greater control too. The current global pandemic has meant that the software has been a god send in maintaining client relations and service provision. I am pleased to have moved over and would recommend.

- Very user friendly and easy to navigate - Easy to set up and invite clients and give the appropriate access according to their status i.e. full for the company director down to folder or file specific - Easy to upload documents and great that it has a desktop version in addition to the online version. Clients like the Apple integration and the fact it works happily with MAC's as comfortably as non-MAC Windows PC's - Good support, though confusing when you get a US number for someone who lives in India to assist! - I'm a UK based company - Free set up and training assistance including full run through of the software - Unlimited Companies - Free access for clients - Templates for Accounts/Payroll etc save a lot of time for setting up year on year

- Integration with Outlook - this is hit and miss if it works and mine doesn't meaning I can't link email in - have been advised it is due to not having the full office suite, though I have and it still wouldn't integrate - A little expensive compared to other products, but it was best fit for the business

Lola

SmartVault -- Not for all Accounting firms

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Not very happy with the product or the "Help"

Professional appearance and ability to brand

It was difficult to setup -- I had to dedicate one employee to the setup and maintenance.

Christos
Accountant in UK

Wouldn't use anything else

Kommentare: We are operating a paperless office and everything in the cloud, this is eco friendly as paper waste is minimal. Also all data is securely stored in a cloud so we do not have to worry about backups .

Possibly the most seamless cloud-based solution for accountants. There are a few ways to work with SmartVault depending on your circumstances, these are the portal itself, Connected Desktop and SmartVault Drive. All can be used from your main PC. SmartVault Portal You can use the portal in a web browser, this is fantastic if you are on the move and away from your usual machine when you need to access documents and all you need is an internet connection. Connected Desktop This would be used from your PC, this is where you can do tasks such as sending password protected documents, links to documents, or get documents signed by clients. SmartVault Drive This is simply a mapped drive from the cloud to your PC, it is so simple to use, where you can access files drag and drop documents in seconds. One of the most important pros is the use of 2 Factor Authentication as this does hold client records and data.

Only con I have found, when getting documents signed by DocuSign using SmartVault, if you select one document to sign, then drag and drop other documents, only the original selected documents get updated in SmartVault, and then you have to update the signed documents manually via drag and drop.

Antwort von SmartVault

Thanks for your review Christos! Great to hear you're finding SmartVault easy and seamless to use. I'll pass along your drag and drop issue to our developer team :) -The SmartVault Team

Dawn

Reliable and Secure

Kommentare: I love the integrations. I cannot say enough about their vision to continue to improve it's interface. This is a super cost effective way for me to operate my tax practice as well as the work I do with other clients.

I love that SmartVault can integrate with other software applications I use. The security that SmartVault brings to the table is critical to the protection of my clients data. This application fits perfectly with my suite of other applications and I can count on it remaining secure.

The website times out too often. Maybe I am not aware of being able to extend the time-out but that is definitely something that needs to improve. I also would like to see improvements in the mobile application.

Mila
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Only document storage and not the best one

Kommentare: The software is only document storage and not the best one. It is supposed to integrate with Intuit tax software (Prosystems, etc.), but if you use something different (I am on CCH), you are out of luck. Customer service is horrible and not worth the time you spend contacting them. Please read my Cons section for more impressions.

They promise many good features, but only a few of them actually work.

I was originally on the tax-pro subscription for $360/year for several years. They canceled the tax-pro plans and charged my credit card $112 just for the month of November. It is almost four times the price and not something I would pay for this software. The change of plan was not communicated clearly, the specific date of change was not communicated at all, and now customer service tells me that refunds are outside of their policy even though I cancelled SmartVault immediately. There are more cons than pros to this software. My customers were receiving upload notifications after a three-week delay, which created a lot of confusion. The software was not intuitive to the customers. Individual files had to be made accessible to them even when uploaded to an already accessible folder, which was a complete waste of time and another source of frustration. Sometime last year, SmartVault had a hiccup and resorted our filing system, e.g., files from 2017 folders were randomly moved to different folders, etc. DocuSign integration worked in about 30% of the time; in most cases, I would get a file error and go directly to the DocuSign website, which defeats the purpose of this integration. I had contacted customer service for each of these issues and received no help. They now require a minimum two licenses regardless of whether you are a single-member firm.

Renee

Easy and secure

Kommentare: SmartVault is easy to use and secure. The price point is great. Clients find it easy to use. I really like the integration with Outlook. I can easily email links to documents, which makes SmartVault even easier for clients. It is secure, and that is very important to me. Access to files anytime and anywhere is also important. Customizable folders is an added benefit. Each year I get more clients using it. I will use it as long as am in practice. I have no need to shop for anything else.

Security is the number one feature. SmartVault is easy to use and secure. Clients find it easy to use. Integration is Outlook works great.

A function to email a third party a document without them having an account would be great. Maybe it is there and I don't know how to use it.

Jeremy
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent portal for Intuit tax users

Kommentare: I haven't used other portals, but researched several and think that Smartvault is likely the best standalone portal for Lacerte/ProSeries users. Overall a great experience and can't imagine life before Smartvault.

We started using Smartvault for our small firm four years ago. It has been great at helping us move to a more paperless environment. The best feature is the tight integration with Lacerte (it also integrates with ProSeries). If you print returns from Lacerte you can choose Smartvault and the returns go straight to the correct folders so you can save a copy and the clients have a copy. There's also good integration with scanners. The connected desktop app is great to use. The client facing portal was previously clunky but much improved this year. The software is quite easy to use and relatively affordable. When we've had issues support is helpful at resolving.

I wish there was a way to make a request from a client for a specific document like more modern practice software has. Wish accounting folder templates were included in the "tax plan" at the same price...doesn't seem like that feature should cost extra. This year we decided to add workflow management and I looked at competitors like TaxDome/Canopy which offer a lot in one but in the end have added Karbon through IPM. I must say however that TaxDome seems to offer a ton at a much better value than Smartvault. Would love to see Smartvault get to that point and would gladly pay more to include other features. E-signatures are just ok, we got a trial to use some free this year but without KBA. The price for the e-signatures especially with KBA is too high and we're going to use Intuit's e-signature product going forward.

Russell
Russell
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An OK portal, if you only want a portal

Kommentare: They are a competent client portal with a price on the lower end of the spectrum. However, after 6+ years the product was quite stale so I decided to switch to a more agile portal vendor who is actually spending time and money to improve and develop their product.

It integrates with Lacerte fairly smoothly. SV drive and SV connected desktop facilitate working with the files on my local workstation, which is a feature that many cloud based DMS solutions lack. Always having my documents available from wherever I am.

They did not meaningfully improve the product at all while I was using it between 2013 and 2019. The product was literally almost exactly the same when I started using it and when I stopped. Also, their iOS app is, to put it generously, pathetic - and was never updated to fix the many glaring problems with it. Chief among those is that from day one the search function in the app is completely useless, meaning that I have to scroll through many nested folders to find each file I want, every time.

Tammy
Tammy
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great product for storage and collaboration

Kommentare: With SmartVault I never have to worry about where my documents are for all of my clients. I know they are secure and accessible at all times no matter what computer I have access to.

I love SmartVault for the unlimited storage capacity and ease of use. I am easily able to collaborate and share files and sensitive documents with colleagues and clients alike with different permissions. I love being able to access my documents from any computer, anywhere, anytime. I feel like care about me as a consumer and try and be as helpful as possible.

Learning SmartVault was a bit difficult in the beginning but the company provides plenty of training and hundreds of videos.

Jessica
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Idea not the best implementation

Kommentare: It was great at the beginning but having a lot of customers to migrate was kind of a headache and not so easy to use for my liking

Is a good concept, nice storage capabilities

not so easy to implement, did not like that is kind of confusing to use

James
Corporate Secretary in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SmartVault exposes identities of all clients!

Kommentare: Good service response immediately after initial installation and implementation. Since then it has been very poor.

Notification of uploads. Ease of settin gpermissions.

A client opened its vault and saw identities of all clients -- in violation of IRS security requirements.

Antwort von SmartVault

Hi James, We certainly understand your frustration & we want you to know that we take customer data security & privacy very seriously at SmartVault. Our platform was built with a security-first mindset & we continuously evaluate our security protocols to ensure we are following industry standard best practices & meeting all compliance regulations. We've looked into your case & it seems that your client folders were built out under the Public Documents folder, which is viewable by all employees & clients by default. When you reached out about this issue, our team helped change the privacy settings on this folder which at the time you indicated had resolved the issue. Our team will be reaching out to you to further discuss & ensure you have all of the tools & support you need to continue using SmartVault with a high degree of confidence. We sincerely apologize you had this issue, & look forward to working with you to make it right. Best, Nicholas Tyson, Director of Customer Success

ANASTASIA
ANASTASIA

AWFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Kommentare: We started using smartvault about 3 years ago and it is a great software/cloud organization for an accounting practice UNTIL something goes wrong. The customer service is terrible, the wait to talk to someone could take hours and they would promise a call back but it wouldn't happen. So you call back, get another promise and it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, your whole workflow is suffering. It has been a month and I am still waiting...

convenience of having all the documents in one place, organized

UNRELIABLE, make sure you backup your data, but most importantly, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Antwort von SmartVault

Hello Anastasia! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We are so sorry that this has been your experience with SmartVault and that it had taken so long for someone to get back to you. Our support team confirmed they were able to resolve your issue on 2/6. If there is anything more needed, please do not hesitate to let us know. All the best! - The SmartVault Team

Heather
Administrative Assistant in USA
Bibliotheken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Functional software but outdated and difficult design and features

Kommentare: Overall, SmartVault serves its purpose with our organization, for sharing bank documents with our accountant and providing employee benefit enrollment documents to the correct managers while protecting sensitive information such as social security numbers and health records. We would use it for all accounting document sending, including scanned invoice transfer, if the site were more up to date and easy to use. As it is, it is far easier to drag and drop scans into our email provider than into SmartVault. It is useful for its intended functions but design and UX prevent it from being a mainstay of our entire accounting process.

Secure file sending, Protecting sensitive bank and employee data, secure storage location with trusted provider, access for all necessary admins, two-factor authentication for sign in.

Drag and drop uploads are not intuitive. Requires several clicks to reach location to upload. Add button at top is not an upload feature but pins folders to taskbar. Design of home portal is outdated/not intuitive to use. Two factor authentication not required on each sign in/uses email only rather than options for text code.

Anne

Storage solution for accountants

Secure encrypted file storage with a branded portal for my clients.

A little difficult to use for new users.

Rabiha
Administrative assistant in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing and Easy to use

I thoroughly enjoy using smartvault on a daily basis for work it's easy to use and I can access it from work or home on my phone or laptop.

There used to be a functionality which would show a user's access to a folder. When we would allow clients to obtain online access we would be able to see which ones were accessing which files. We can no longer see that anymore even if they have existing online access

Helen

Happy Customer

Kommentare: Overall I am happy and glad I found them.

The price is affordable for a boutique firm like mine. It also puts me at ease for the security for confidential information sharing with clients. It's also easy to organize and I don't have to worry about clients who always ask for the same information over and over again. I just simply tell them to go to the portal.

The tech support is helpful but not as responsive as I'd like since one reason I became their customer is because I was told their tech can be my tech for my clients so I don't need to waste my time to assist my clients.

Jeff

You Don't Get What You Pay For

Kommentare: I'd strongly suggest looking elsewhere for your storage and file sharing needs. This company prices its service like they are the cream of the crop, but in reality they are the bottom of the barrel. The price for my plan nearly tripled this year with zero new features or services being added that are actually useful. There is no Android app available, which is ridiculous considering the extreme pricing. And be careful, the company will auto renew your plan for 12 months and there is no means to cancel for a refund once they charge your credit card. And they will still auto renew after completely altering the terms of the contract. Shady company for sure.

Really nothing to like. It's as basic as it comes for a storage and file sharing platform.

-No Android App -Poor Interface and Terrible Permissions Programming -Way Overpriced

Megan
Associate Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SmartVault revolutionized our accounting practice

Kommentare: Our firm loves this software. It has made our business work more efficiently and therefore generated more money since we've purchased the software.

The software makes it possible to asses our firm and client documents, safely and securely, from anywhere . It has saved our firm hours of time each week and has made our systems and processes smooth and more efficient.

Some aspects of the software are outdated and I wish the company integrated with other programs such as Zapier and Outlook.

Jessica
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

I really wanted to like it but it wasn't for me

Kommentare: I didn't get much out of it, it has great potential and perhaps when they introduce an option to embed a file upload on my website that doesn't require login I would definitely consider signing up again because it's not worth it if my clients don't want to use it.

Lots of great features, a generous amount of secure storage, unlimited clients, custom branding, good support.

Not user-friendly to learn, I usually figure things out clicking around but had to rely a lot on tutorials and support documents to find my way around. It's expensive for a small practice but I can't see how it's very well worth it to a medium or large practice. My clients did not like having to log in to share files with me so as much as I wanted to like it I switched to a solution that allowed my clients to upload securely without having to keep track of yet another username and password.

Jim
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great Product for my practice.

SmartVault makes it very easy to store a cloud version of the tax return, along with supporting documentation, and share with client as need in a secure setting. I also like the integration with DocuSign.

I wish that they had a Droid version of the app for my phone.

Jonathan
Accountant in USA

SmartVault

Easy for clients to access and upload documents.

Load times to find clients and pull up documents. The program does not seem to auto-refresh very well when a new document is uploaded and a lot of the time the refresh button does not fix the issue.

Megan
Staff Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great document management system!

Pros: Good file management structure set up to keep everything organized and allow adding new files when necessary!

Cons: Copying and renaming files within the same folder sometimes causes the system to lag.

Director in UK

SmartVault - Indispensable

Kommentare: The team at SmartVault provided a straightforward and efficient onboarding process with follow up training and assistance. Can't fault them!

Prior to using this solution I used a variety of cloud storage providers along with some other applications, SmartVault brought everything together and provides a step closer to a paperless office.

Nothing causes concern and everything works well.

Larry
Partner in USA

Great Product

Kommentare: This is exactly the way we want our portal to work

Using the portal to send secure emails to clients

It's sometimes difficult if you have the same name clients