I find PMAPS visually pleasing and easy to navigate. However, it lacks intuitive searching.

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Nikol N.
Disability Benefits Processor
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I enjoy how easy it is to navigate through the software and how it is visually uncluttered. I also like the ease of automatic log in.

Nachteile: Since this is a library for me, it's incredibly difficult to find items that I need. This is something that is regularly discussed amongst myself and my coworkers.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I will pass on your feedback about search functionality to our developers.

PMAPS Software has made organizing, updating, and retrieving information quick and straightforward.

Clayton W.
RFP Specialist
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software provides an excellent conduit to organize information. When uploading information, there are several different customizable categories that the user can use to sort information. This lets one customize how they want to tag and tier their information to make searching through thousands of records seamless. Under each uploading record, there are options to maintain notes, input the personnel responsible for uploading and/or reviewing the record, and options to put dates on when records become outdated. The last feature is especially helpful as the database will automatically change the highlight on the PMAPS dashboard for any record that has reached the creator's expiration date. This function is immensely helpful on ensuring answers used have been updated or at least recently reviewed. The ability to link word documents to PMAPS makes it quick and painless to update documents through the re-link function. This work with both qualitative and quantitative updates and is a huge time-saver. I use the PMAPS software as a way to store, retrieve, and update thousands of individual records. I've found in using it these past few years that it makes the job far easier.

Nachteile: When working on PMAPS cloud version of Excel of Microsoft Word, there is no autosave feature, and it's not uncommon for the program to run into errors and forcibly shutdown. You have to make sure to manually save every so often as you will most likely experience the program closing on you unexpectedly at least once if you use PMAPS prolongedly. The saving process on PMAPS can be a little slow (relative to offline in word/excel), so a background frequent autosave would be a really nice feature. I've struggled to use Excel well with PMAPS. Overwriting Excel save files or inserting PMAPS records into Excel files frequently does not work or bugs out. I think Word works very well, but I've had enough struggles over the year that I just use Excel completely offline from PMAPS. When using PMAPS, you don't have the complete functionality of Word or Excel in their cloud system. If you want to change certain advance settings on Word, you have to close out of Word on their cloud, open Word offline and make the change, then re-open Word on PMAPS to have it integrated. There is no `file tab in Word or Excel when working from the PMAPS cloud.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough a review! We appreciate your feedback.

PMAPs Review for BofAML

Bewertet am 24.8.2016
Cynthia P.
Vice President, Proposal Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The BofAML Institutional RFP Team has been using the PMAPs Proposal Software for over 10 years and its served our needs very well and with each new release it only gets better. Its very reliable, we have never experienced any downtime with the software and it has great automation features which helps save time from both a writer and database manager standpoint.

Vorteile: Customizable Dashboard view
Automation features without having to save document in PMAPs (i.e. Insert Full and Found)
Automated templates (Generic Proposals)
Robust Filter and sort features (i.e. Filter by topic, SME, ID#, etc. and sort alphabetically/numerically)
Robust attribute fields with customization
Global attribute features can change one attribute for multiple responses at one time
Can download search results into excel
Robust Reporting Features
No downtime to date
PMAPs User Training Guides and Help features
Monthly webinars on various topics
Customer service relationship very responsive, easy to work with, willing to work with us through issues until resolved, etc.

Nachteile: There aren't too many cons and the minor issues/annoyances we do have are taken into consideration and usually resolved within a few days or are resolved in the next release.

von Proposal Software an 24.8.2016

Thank you very much for your review, Cindy! We're happy to hear you're taking advantage of some of our favorite features, like the Dashboard and Global Attributes. We're also very proud of PMAPS's flexibility and 100% uptime, and we've already got some pretty great things planned for the next release--we think it'll be the best one yet, and we hope you love it, too!

I've used this software for the last few years and PMAPs accomplishes what it says it does.

Brett L.
Proposal Analyst I

Kommentare: This software helps me with duties of the my position.

Vorteile: the search feature is the main function that stands out. I maybe that I've been using it for a while but I am able to locate the information that I'm searching for.

Nachteile: The copy feature I find is really clunky. I find myself not using most of this feature. I simply do a quick copy which does not count the # of uses of the document.

Thank you for the feedback!

PMAPS is good overall, but there is room for improvement

Bewertet am 4.11.2015
Kyle P.
Team Lead, Distribution Data Manager

Kommentare: Pros: The basic functionality of PMAPS works well and does increase efficiency. There are lots of features in the program and most are good, but unfortunately, not quite there yet. PSI is receptive to change and input from clients to improve. Though it may take a while to see the improvements, if at all. Cons: A lot of the workflows, functions and features of PMAPS have not been very well thought out. For example, when Q&A's expire and are sent out to be updated, they are added to Compliance Central, which is fine. The problem is that the same Q&A can be added to Compliance Central many times, so then there are mutliple instances of the same Q&A. When the Q&A is updated, only one instance is removed from Compliance Central. So Compliance Central just gets bigger and bigger and becomes essentially useless. This is a common theme with PMAPS. The basic structure is built, but it is not thought through thoroughly and the end result is a feature that doesn't work as expected. Also, while PMAPS is customizable in certain areas, in other areas, it is not, which can be frustrating. For example, setting certain fields with a different color or showing more than 3 lines in a multi-select field is not difficult. It is simply a change to the CSS file, but PMAPS claims this is too diffcult to do and can't be done. However, I can prove that it can be done and actually do it on my end by apply my own CSS file to the page. Clients shouldn't have to find workarounds to these "limitations." The list of improvements are mostly minor things that enhances the user experience, but the little things matter just as much as the big things because the user encounters the little things over and over again interacting with the program so it is a constant reminder of the pain of working with PMAPS. The goal should be to leave the user with a positive impression, not a negative one. There is a long list of things that can be improved on, but granted, the list does get shorter with each new release, but not always.

von Proposal Software an 7.11.2015

Thank you for your input, Kyle! It's good to know PMAPS increases your organization's efficiency, and we appreciate your rating. Hopefully you'll find a couple of upgrades in our next release to be particularly helpful. Our goal is absolutely to leave users with positive impressions, and we'll keep working on the little things to constantly improve.

Difficult to Seach - Need to memorize keywords

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Rachel S.
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use PMAPS every day. When I first started using the software I would spend HOURS trying to locate information. Now, after using PMPAPS for almost 5 years, I have memorized a lot of keywords/doc ID #s so I'm much quicker. However, I wish this was not the case as it is very difficult to train new users. The only way to be able to use this software efficiently is to use it for a long time and learn the tricks. It's not easy to just pick up.

Vorteile: I like that PMAPS is a single location where I can locate documents of information I need to access for my work. You search using keywords and filters that are customizable.

Nachteile: The search feature is not user friendly. It is difficult to locate documents. You practically have to memorize different random keywords or know the doc. ID #s by heart in order to locate the document your looking for. I wish the search functioned more like googles.

We only use the library feature of PMAPS. Generally we like how it works.

Belinda M.
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would say the best benefit from using this software is having a searchable database of RFP responses.

Vorteile: The ability to use multiple filters in the library feature of PMAPS. I'm also looking forward to using the short answer/notes section in the coming year. I also really like that as an administrator we can easily add/delete users. That used to be our major hold-up in the past.

Nachteile: The search function of the library could be better. We often have to dig through multiple responses that are not applicable to our RFP before we can find something that we can use.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

My experience using PMAPS to facilitate our RFP responses has been great!

Jan A.
Bid Manager
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: RFP response answers that are up to date and saves time in trying to remember all responses.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is it's as close as a Google search without being Google. Without PMAPS I am not sure we would be able to effectively and efficiently write consistent RFP responses. Having PMAPS allows us to write consistently with the same responses . It also helps by allowing us to categorize subject matter areas .

Nachteile: It's not Google. I can't put in the exact question being asked in RFP's to derive the answer and sometimes it doesn't narrow it down enough to the specifics.

Thank you for the feedback!

I use PMAPs on a daily basis as our RFP library in order to respond to standard questions.

Lori C.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to perform the daily functions of my job.

Vorteile: I like that you can set categories and sub-categories to filter by. I also appreciate the save function.

Nachteile: I wish the search function operated more like a search engine. Often times the results will vary even when the same information is entered.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Need to learn more about PMAPS to make sure we are using it well

Ghazel R.
Proposal Writer
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its a good tool for placing all content in one location.

Vorteile: I like that I can use the software to search key words and the copy paste doesn't completely change the format of my document.

Nachteile: very generic software and doesn't have the same traits as google search when searching for content.

Thank you for the feedback!

Easy to use and manage content in the database

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Janell S.
Sr. Proposal Manager

Kommentare: Content management is much easier than it was when I started. We went from gathering content from individual proposals and dropping it into a spreadsheet. Then we started using the client-based PMAPS which was a huge improvement. The Cloud-based Web Pro is even better, with enhanced features and functionality. The Customer Support Staff is world-class. They go above and beyond to help resolve issues and make things better for their clients. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: Content management is quite easy in PMAPS. The Saved Search function allows you to break a huge database into smaller chunks specific to the topic. Filtering is easy and multi-functional. Customer Support is outstanding. The staff is super knowledgeable and responsive.
There is much more functionality in the tool than our company currently uses, which is unfortunate for us.

von Proposal Software an 17.11.2017

Janell, thank you so much for the warm recommendation. We place top priority on customer success and we're thrilled it shows. Stay tuned for further enhancements to the tool!

PMAPS Customer Review

Bewertet am 18.7.2016
Phil H.
Senior Bids Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The product is very versatile and has a great deal of functionality. Sometimes the level of functionality means that it is difficult to navigate your way around it, particularly for new users

Vorteile: ease of search

Nachteile: complex for new users to engage with the software as it presents itself in a different way to the way most individuals are use to.

von Proposal Software an 4.8.2016

Thanks for your feedback, Phil!

Ease of use is very important to us, and we¿re currently in the process of creating and testing exciting new tools to help make PMAPS easier to navigate, especially for those new to the software. Keep an eye out for them in the upcoming releases; we can¿t wait to hear what you think.

The product works very well for what we need it to.

Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Jessica D.
School Team Adminstrator

Kommentare: It makes submitting and sorting and searching RFI's and responses very easy.

Vorteile: It's easy to sort and view our RFIs on the dashboard. I like the ability to filter as well as sort. I do with we could 'file away' RFI's from last year, but I was given a fine alternative.

Nachteile: The PMAPS viewer when it is in use affects my Microsoft Word. The viewer is sometimes enlarged is difficult to view/navigate and makes my regular Word do the same. Also when the view is in use, any pop-ups in Word do not work for me (ex. pop for text format, margins, etc). I've reached out to our rep in the past with no response so I don't bother to anymore.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for the feedback. Please consider reaching out to our general customer service. It is possible that your representative is no longer with the company.

Reliable, easy-to-use, robust software solution for proposal content and development management

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Senior Project & Proposals Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Faster responding to proposal with vetted content. The ability to design a hierarchy of Q&As that matches our products/solutions to client needs and recognizes our marketing/sales themes. A sound and easily searched database of responses and proposals.

Vorteile: Easy to learn, easy to use
Strong capability for categorizing Q&As, thus making them more accessible for use
Excellent customer support; knowledgeable, enthusiastic and responsive

Nachteile: Potentially pricey for a smaller organizations
Not all functionality needed for smaller proposal teams

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass on your comment regarding expense to our sales team.

I use this everyday for work, most people I work with have different searching habits.

Bewertet am 30.1.2018
Rachel S.
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to find responses to questions daily to complete my work tasks. Some responses are super easy to locate which I love, while others are more difficult to locate, based on the complexity of the question being asked.

Vorteile: I like the filters and I always look at the number of times a document has be inserted. It's a helpful feature that I have used often.

Nachteile: Difficult to search through 100s of documents... the key word search is difficult, it would be nice if it was more like a google search.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

I use PMAPS everyday for work, easy to navigate but lacks intuitive searches.

Karima P.
Manager, Content Management
Vermögensverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Makes my job easier

Vorteile: I use PMAPS software as a way to store, retrieve, and update high volumes of data. In the past few years I have been using PMAPS I find it makes my job easier. People in my group who are new to PMAPS find it difficult to search and would prefer a google search.

Nachteile: The unlimited technical fee model needs to be reassessed. Our group is charged a discounted fee which I believe is not reflective of our use of support. In the last 2 years I have not called the Support Group.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

PMAPS has enabled us to gain incredible efficiencies.

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Kimberly D.
Marketing Resources Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Efficiency for the entire team and more effective content management.

Vorteile: Content and proposal management. Ability to update recurring questionnaires with the click of a button.

Nachteile: Nothing honestly, we use it every day and have highly recommend it. Occasionally we have some formatting issues but they are easily resolved.

von Proposal Software an 17.11.2017

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with PMAPS! We're delighted to hear how much our tool has improved your team's content management practices and overall efficiency.

And I agree -- formatting in Word can be a bit tricky, you're definitely not alone!

Using PMAPS streamlines our proposal process and increases efficiencies.

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Chrissy L.
Sales Support Consultant

Vorteile: The ability to quickly update content, search and track responses. Every contact with a PMAPs professional is positive, questions are answered almost immediately.

Nachteile: I would like have the ability scroll down through the dashboard while the column headers remained fixed. For now, the features we use all function without issue.

von Proposal Software an 17.11.2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Chrissy. We're so glad PMAPS has streamlined your proposal process! I'll be sure to pass along your suggestion for the dashboard to our development team.

I use PMAPS everyday and it has definitely helped as far as having everything in one database.

Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Arlene S.
Research and Proposal Specialist
Versicherung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits I get from PMAPS is its ease of use in helping to expedite our proposal processes to ensure a better final document to the end client.

Vorteile: PMAPS is easy to use and has a lot of sorting capabilities to help you better narrow down the information that you're looking for.

Nachteile: I hope one day that PMAPS will be able to prepopulate suggested responses for questionnaires to help organizations expedite processes even more.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

If I had to do it again, PMAPS would still be my vendor of choice.

Ann G.
Supervisor, Sales Proposals
Medizinische Geräte, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Faster turnaround time on client projects;
A more accurate and up-to-date database.

Vorteile: 1. Ease of use and ability to customize to my specific needs.
2. There's usually always more than one way to do something.

Nachteile: Though not about the software itself, I don't feel there should be charges for additional training (for writer turnover). I feel it should be support that comes with annual license fees.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

PMAPS is a valuable resource for me as a business development manager.

Eunice B.
AVP, Market Development Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The recent layout changes are more aesthetically pleasing. Its easy to use and navigate the website. Im glad that you don't have to clear the cache anymore. Good improvements and right direction.

Nachteile: The search functionality is the most difficult part about the software, I wish the search algorithm could be more like google.

von Proposal Software an 5.2.2018

Thank you for the compliment regarding our setup. I will pass on your feedback about search functionality to our developers.

Easy to use for Q&A searching

Director GCO Global RFP Center of Excellence
Computer-Software

Kommentare: Quick and efficient tool for us to respond to RFP's with easy and intuitive search function.

Vorteile: It is intuitive, allows for multiple keywords search, multiple languages support. We use this for responding to RFP's with simple search, copy and paste. Works well for us.

Nachteile: We would like to be able to import and export from spreadsheet, also there is no Wildcard search capability.

von Proposal Software an 6.2.2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

PMAPS is relatively user friendly. We use it for proposal generation and for content management.

Proposal Marketing Specialist
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good content management. Once built, automation is a nice benefit.

Vorteile: I think the UI is pretty simple and easy to use. Most of the buttons are clear about their functionality.

Nachteile: There are several limitations to creating documents from Salesforce. While I understand that there is a need to have PMAPS map fields from Salesforce to PMAPS, I think there should be a tool to allow users to build.

Thank you for the feedback!

The product is very versatile and has a great deal of functionality.

Charlie D.
Business Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The fact that PMAPS has collaborative tools and efficient document management are what I like most about the software. Also there are lots of features in the program and most are good.

Nachteile: The speed is what I like the least because it could move a little faster. Additionally, a lot of the workflows, functions and features of PMAPS have not been very well thought out.

Thank you for the feedback!

Great system - particularly for large teams in different time zones.

Deneen B.
Senior RFP Specialist
Vermögensverwaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great proposals that are compliant!

Vorteile: It is very easy to use and, for the most part, very intuitive. The system is visually very logical, which helps navigation.

Nachteile: Bookmarks - there should be an easier way to see which bookmarks/records are used in a document. (Hovering over text would be an awesome spot for this!)

von Proposal Software an 5.2.2018