Über DocStar ECM

DocStar ECM AP Automation erfasst Rechnungsdaten, lässt sich in deine Buchhaltungssoftware integrieren und leitet automatisch Genehmigungen ein.

Erfahre mehr über DocStar ECM

Just getting use to the different ways to scan and retrieve. Sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you are looking for, but I think we will master all phases soon.

Bewertungen zu DocStar ECM

3,9
3,8

DocStar ECM hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 99 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DocStar ECM bereits verwendet?

Jennifer
Jennifer
Account Executive in USA

Highly customizable tool

This software is highly customizable and can fit a variety of workflows and industries. We are able to store thousands of files (well into the GBs) forever and can search among the document text thanks to OCR so even documents 10+ years old that weren't named using our current organization structure can be found and referenced. It is an invaluable tool in my daily work as an insurance broker.

The trouble with "highly customizable" is that unless you have someone who speaks tech, it can be difficult to take advantage of all the features that would best serve your company. Originally our software was setup in some wacky ways that made it more difficult to sue, however after I came aboard, I was able to tweak settings and workflows to optimize efficiency.

Marcus
Marcus
President in USA
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, TERRIBLE company (Epicor, not DocStar).

Kommentare: I have almost 20 years experience with competing content management platforms so I'm not new to it. I know what I want them to do and how I want them to do it. I also know that many of the products "lose their way" in their quest for profits. It's happened time and again. DocStar does roughly 80% of what the big players do. There are some functionality gaps but they would apply to only the largest of companies. I've got no real complaints with the product; most of what I encountered are experiential things. HOWEVER...dealing with Epicor, the parent of DocStar, is a nightmare. I'm talking about invoice billing. I will warn you right now: these guys don't know how to calculate, will ignore when you tell them that their calculations are wrong and are stuck in the stone ages with how they generate their billing. Every new quote is basically a "re-quote" of a previous quote, rather than what it should be which is just a net difference dollar amount owed. The problem is you've got prorate, you've got one-time fees, you've got discounts and all sorts of things that throw off trying to do "re-quoting" - it's old school and should never be a thing. If you quote X and then quote Y as a "re-quote", and I pay X, you need to subtract X straight out of Y. They don't do that. They keep charges in Y that would have already been paid as part of X. Double-dipping. Their accounting team is inflexible and will refuse to work with you to resolve the problem.

It's a very simple interface. Integrating with Azure AD was a bit picky but once it works, it works. The forms tool is simple and powerful and I was able to get most of what I wanted done.

Everything being workflow-driven makes sense, but the UI does not. That needs to be refined. Also, the folder interface has zero power or utility where it could be a standout (people still think in terms of folders). DocStar wants people to just search OCR and meta, that's fine until it comes time to navigate common names and terms. Lastly I couldn't get it to properly talk to a regular Fujitsu scanner the way I needed it to; it was ignoring all imaging settings from the driver. So I just scanned to PaperStream and let it "sweep" stuff in, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Lisa
Maschinerie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

DocStar Review

The AP automation and IDC is helpful to our AP process and works nicely when it works. Sending invoices for approval through DocStar is also nice for end users, but we feel limited that the approval stamp does not show on the PDF, so you cannot see who approved it when viewing the PDF from Epicor AP Invoice Tracker.

We constantly have connection issues and the software does not work. It requires IT to get involved and usually a ticket to Epicor. We also do not like that we have to have an on-premise server for DocStar. Our contract did not mention storage overage fees and we quickly went over our storage in just a few short months and have been paying overage fees. This should have been in the contract. We ended up just moving all of our document storage to our Sharepoint and we are not using DocStar for document storage any longer. For the high cost of DocStar, we are using a very small piece of it. We are aware of many other AP Automation software out there that connect to Epicor for a fraction of the cost.

Adam
Großhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DocStar P21 Review

Kommentare: We have made our accounting functions essentially entirely paperless. We started with the AP process and eliminated hours of extra time dealing with paper and printing. We have also incorporated it into remittances and other AR functions. It has helped with document storage and recalling documents quickly. Everything is labeled and available at your search.

It has the ability to incorporate with our ERP (Epicor P21) which has the potential for more additional growth features. Workflows are easy to set up and adjust to your company process. Takes a little time to learn, but helpful in the long run as you can edit on the fly.

DocStar staff being more helpful with adjusting or adding features. We were one of the first to purchase DocStar after Epicor purchased the software. We were left in the dark about setup. I have had to create all the workflows on my own. Security classes and some integrations need to have better instructions or ability to edit them for our company needs

Carol
Accounting in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DocStar

Kommentare: Very happy overall and would purchase it again if needed.

II used DocStar in my last job. I found it very user friendly and easy to set up. I looked at several different programs at the time and very glad I choose DocStar.

Nothing about the product. I did think the price was a little high. Would have liked it being a little lower

Yevstakhii
Teacher in Ukraine
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My expirience of use DocStar ECM

Kommentare: DocStar ECM is generally regarded as a comprehensive enterprise content management solution that offers a range of features for efficient document management and workflow automation. Here are some aspects that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Document organization and retrieval: I appreciate the robust document organization capabilities of DocStar ECM. The platform provides intuitive tools for categorizing, indexing, and searching documents, making it easier to locate and retrieve specific files. I can assign metadata, tags, and keywords to documents, enabling quick and accurate document retrieval.Workflow automation and collaboration: DocStar ECM offers powerful workflow automation features that help streamline business processes. I can design and automate workflows to route documents, assign tasks, and facilitate collaboration among team members. This automation reduces manual effort, improves productivity, and ensures consistent and efficient document processing.Document version control: I find the version control functionality in DocStar ECM valuable.But also I had issues with limited customization options, integration challenges, performance and scalability.

1. Document organization and retrieval: I appreciate the robust document management capabilities of DocStar ECM. The platform allows for efficient organization, indexing, and categorization of documents, making it easier to locate and retrieve specific files when needed. I can assign metadata, tags, and keywords to documents, enabling powerful search and retrieval capabilities.2. Workflow automation: DocStar ECM offers workflow automation features that help streamline business processes. I can design custom workflows to automate document routing, review and approval processes, and task assignments. This automation reduces manual effort, improves efficiency, and ensures consistent and timely document processing.3. Document version control: I find the version control functionality in DocStar ECM valuable. The platform maintains a history of document versions, allowing me to track changes, access previous versions, and revert to earlier iterations if necessary. This feature enhances collaboration and provides a clear audit trail of document modifications.

1. Limited customization options: While DocStar ECM offers various features for document management, I have limitations in terms of customization and flexibility. I have found certain aspects, such as customizing workflows or configuring metadata fields, to be restrictive or not as intuitive as desired.2. Integration challenges: I have difficulties in integrating the platform with specific business applications or systems. These challenges can arise from compatibility issues, customization requirements, or technical complexities, leading to additional effort and potential delays in the integration process.3. Performance and scalability: In some cases, I had performance issues when working with large volumes of documents or heavy workloads within DocStar ECM. These issues may include slower search or retrieval times, delays in processing workflows, or overall system responsiveness.

William
Senior Software Engineer in Bolivien
Informationsdienst, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and functional

Kommentare: Overall, DocStar ECM is an easy to use and efficient enterprise content management system. It is a great tool for streamlining document processes and allows users to set up automated workflows. It does have some drawbacks, such as slow performance and difficulty in customization, but these are minor issues that can easily be addressed.

DocStar ECM is an intuitive and comprehensive enterprise content management solution that helps streamline document processes and increase efficiency. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and allows users to quickly access and manage their documents. The automated workflow feature is particularly useful and allows users to easily set up and monitor document processes.

While the user interface is intuitive, the software can be slow at times, and there may be difficulty in customizing the software to fit specific workflows. Additionally, customer support can be slow and unhelpful at times.

Anthony
Anthony
Chief Financial Officer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Use it for about 3 years. AP, contracts, invoices

We use the workflow function in more than a few area and it makes our approval and processing of AP much smoother. Also have a few automated OCR feeds that make pulling key words from documents easy on users.

Need a mobile app or dynamic website to allow easier review and approval by users out of office. Also ability to easily take picture and scan and upload from phone is missing. It's not usable for our team when out of office.

Antwort von Epicor Software

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that your AP processing is running smoother and that DocStar AP Automation making easier work for your team! Our sales team has reached out to you regarding your desire to have mobile approvals and uploads and they are currently processing new licenses and scheduling training for you for that functionality! Please contact our sales or support line for any further product needs. Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Digital Marketing Manager DocStar

Jacob
IT Database Management in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Docstar at Water Company

The workflow builder customization, OCR scanner, ease of data editing.

Randomly, the Client Service needs to be repaired or re-installed. The Office Integration module needs an active license on the server.

Recommended for Document Storage/Retrieval

DocStar ECM is reliable for document storage/retrieval on a daily basis. Our clients rely on us to protect the highly-sensitive information that they share with us and we have confidence that we do that via this product.

I feel as if the support factor could be improved on. At times, it seems that the response time from a rep/technician could be improved.

Larry
IT Director in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The must have complement to your ERP system

Installation and configuration was very straightforward Product support is readily available and the product is very intuitive

The amount of features can be overwhelming, especially if your team is not used to document management outside of shared network drives and folders.

Liz
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Wish we had been live in P21 before we setup DocStar

When it works it cuts data entry down and allows for employees to have quick access to AP items

It currently does NOT work as it was designed. We have more issues than are sustainable

Charles
Sr. Business Systems Analyst in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Highly functional and easy to manage

We have several departments actively archiving documents into the system, resulting in millions of documents. We don't have issues with searching for documents even with the growing number of records. The system also integrates with existing systems. For example, I can create dynamic lists for the users to select from based on another system's records.

We like using lots of folder levels to organize the various documents, but the system doesn't have an explicit way to navigate "up" to the previous folder level. Instead we use the browser's back button, which is not going to work if I searched for and jumped to a file. In Windows Explorer, you can search for a file and navigate to its folder, and from there you can move up a folder with an explicit button...

Cindy
Deputy Assessor in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Consider all options

Having all documents at your fingertips is the most desirable feature.

Due to software updates problems have occurred with movement of annotations. The only way to fix the problem has been to delete all previously entered information and re-enter it. Very frustrating. Cost of having more than one person with the ability to make changes is ridiculous

Jeffrey
CFO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: It's been frustrating. We asked a lot of the software and implementation became convoluted so there have been a lot of things that didn't route properly and some staff objected to using it because it was complicated and tricky.

Replaced Paper-based routing, approval and storage process which was critical when Covid hit.

Stuff gets stuck in the approval process, we end up with "exceptions" caught in limbo, learning curve, search feature fails when there's a common word used and we get too many false positives.

Stephen
Advisor in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product and easy to use

Kommentare: I need teams in multiple locations to be able to securely store and retrieve documents. Problem solved with DOcstar.

This product is very easy to use and for the most part is intuitive and user friendly.

The dashboard is a little clunky but it does not impact its usefulness.

Amanda
Accounting Clerk/HR Assistant in USA
Buchhaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

My Review

The learning center was great when I was learning how to build out workflows, fields, and content types. It was very informational.

Every time an update is done, something is changed on our end and we have to fix it.

Order Entry in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Scanning Quotes into Docstar

When the OCR feature works this is great.

I have started to manually enter information that needs to be searched. For some reason the OCR has quit working and has not responded to attempts to get it up and runninghm

KamLin
VP in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DocSTAR ECM

Kommentare: Excellent

We love DocSTAR ECM because it is easy to use and search scanned documents.

The delete option of document by staff users who do the scanning.

Brittany
HR OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR in USA
Chemikalien, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

DocStar Eclipse for Records Maintenance

I like the ease of use and the ability categorize documents.

The upload feature could be a little more automated. Maybe through a consistent file feed instead of a manual upload.

Bruce
Manager - Engineering in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DocStar

Kommentare: Our integration limited the power of DocStar.

Product was poorly cascaded thru the business.

Lack of our integration. We have not been trained in how to take advantage of the features.

kori
medical biller in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Review

The product was easy to use. The product was easy to navigate

Not a smooth process with searching through the whole system compared to the old docstar.

Patty
Bond Administrator in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I just really like it.

So easy to download, update, etc documents

I don't really have any problems with the softward

Ajoob
Ajoob
Engineer trainee in Indien
Chemikalien, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best data management software.

The best about docstar ecm is that the software is user friendly has lot of useful features for enterprise data management. The software is helpful in data management, file sharing, document workflow and many more. Software is browser support and easy to access from any system. We can easily search and access the files is a great feature.

Sometimes problems with login. No other issues.

Patrick
CFO/CIO in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Not used to it's potential

Kommentare: To date, my experience has not been positive. I think if we had better support, we would be much happier with it. There is so much more we could be using it for, but we just have not had success setting it up to utilize it's capabilities.

Ability to store documents directly from Epicor.

Lack of documentation on how to use the software or how to customize it. Difficultly customizing the software so that users can use it.